Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Terrestride Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things and we all go to it like we've all got work, we've all got commitments, we all know have goals and usually to get those get to those goals, we're doing things that it's like, it's not amazing all the time. It's not you know, I don't love getting up at five am and lifting heavyweights. I'm like, I'd rather be sleeping. But it's like looking at your time and kind of thinking, where can I add in some more things that will just fill up my cup that little bit more. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Concer Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer and entrepreneur, mum wife. All the things I'm joined of course with producer a Tea. Hi, everybody, guys, today's EP it's a little bit different. I just feel like this is a question I get a lot in my DMS, and it's how I manage it all. How I do it all. The short answer is I don't, but I do. Spoiler alert No, I did want to just like pull back the curtain and just be like very raw, honest and transparent with you guys, Like how I'm able to run two businesses. You know, still have time with Ivy, still prioritize her, you know, still prioritize my health and fitness and everything in between, because you know, on social media can look like I'm doing all these things all the time, and the reality is just like the amount of help I have and how I kind of structure my day my business, it's so strategic, so I am able to do all the things. So, yeah, we're going to get into that today. It's also a little bit about like my productivity hacks, how I first started outsourcing a lot of fun things. But before we get into the episode, update on our week a tier, Yes you go first, Okay, had a great week. Well, I'm trying to think an update oh on the weekend. So guys, our our fave posty Devo, so only the rn C will know. So Devo, who loves man Cations, also hooked us up with tickets to the Supercars. I love that. Yeah, so he got tickets for is supposed to be me Cooper Ash and timmer Ash couldn't come, so oh Jamie popped on nin Jamie's currently my roomy and look I have I know nothing about cars, but but it was lots of fun.
Speaker 2: The great venue to get drunk at pretty much.
Speaker 1: There was lots of champagne that was had. I had some oysters. I did this like weird oyster champagne shot at one point. It was a bit crazy. It was a bit fun. But that was really good. And we were home by like nine pm. Oh that's a good day. Yeah, Like that's my perfect sort of day. Yeah. And you know, up on Sunday feel and fresh had the whole day with Ivy, So yeah, it was good. I think just the biggest thing for me this week is my personality is just really popped because of the weather. You don't my me, you gonna say it now, literally, I feel like this is my personality is like the sun shine, and I just feel like I'm leaving my absolute best life. Like I feel like the gratitude I've had for this week is just like I'm like Jamie about to cry. I'm just like, oh my god, I'm just so grateful for my life and everything is just perfect. And really it's just because the sun's come out. Yeah, go on, piggyback off me, go on. That's literally what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: And I think I can't even remember what date was last week, but I just remember walking to your office in the morning, being like, the traffic was shit this morning.
Speaker 1: But the sun is shiny, and I'm in a great mood.
Speaker 2: I remember you saying that, and I was like, what, It just makes everything so much better.
Speaker 1: But also here's the question, how do we like cultivate that happiness when it's not sunny? I know, because that's the dream. Yeah, that feeling is the dream. I know.
Speaker 2: We'll let we'll have to we'll update, wake it out. Yeah, it just turns my mood around.
Speaker 1: Really nothing else. It's amazing just being.
Speaker 2: Able to have some sun. Did I do anything fun? I went to the cricket on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Went to the cricket. How fun me no idea about it. It was actually really fun and a very good game. And did your team win?
Speaker 2: No, but we were so close it was I don't even think any of our listeners are gonna like no, I was about to say a cricket fans don't bore me?
Speaker 1: All right? Then you wait till the DMS blow up about me just being rude. Also, guys, before we get into the episode, we do have a little quick special announcement. So, as you guys know, we never do Black Friday sales, but we have asked if we are doing Black Friday sales and the answer is still no. But we're doing a little end of year sale and we're just doing it now for the Black Friday craziness because obviously there's a lot going on with and hey each and all the things. So just this week, guys, we've got forty percent Yes you heard that, forty percent. That's a heck of a lot. Let's be crazy, Jamie, all right, So forty percent off all R and C digital downloads this week. So that includes the presets, that includes the Find Your Healthy ebook and then also on our guides, which is like a guide about intuition or a guide to take bold action. So look, head to the website. It's automatically applied, and treat yourself. It ends Friday. All right, let's get into the show and let's chat about how I do it all. I can't wait to hear. All right, guys, let's talk about how I do it all. We're all ready to know? Would you say? We're all ready to know? Everybody wants to know. We're in silly moon, a bit of a tough love mood. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Guys. I was going over your questions and I was like, to a tea, this is a tough love episode. We love that though. So guys, today we want to chat time, outsourcing, delegating, prioritizing space. First things first. So I guess I wanted to talk about because I have a lot of questions being like, you know, you run two businesses, you have a baby, all the things. You know, how do you do it all? The simple answer is I don't at all. I literally have a team of like eighteen people helping me with everything. Most recently, I got an assistant, which has changed my life. I thought, wow, when you I don't know, Since having Ivy, I've just realized. It's funny though, because I think about it now, if I was to be this organized previously, I would have like accomplished a lot more, because before you have a baby, you kind of go, oh, it's fine, I'll just work at night or i'll do this thin and your time isn't as precious, yes, But then you have a baby and you're like, oh no, I literally cannot bring my work home. So you know, these eight or you know eight hours I have during the day to work need to be the most intentional, the most getting the most shit done in the shortest amount of time. Yeah. Whereas before that you're like, oh, it's fine, I'll just work on the weekend. Yeah, like you can pop a few emails at home after dinner. I was yeah, ahead, And because it's you know, my business, I was like, I love to do it. I felt so I felt so good about it. It didn't feel like, you know, a drag or anything. Yeah. But since having Ivy, I've been on this journey of, yeah, how can I get the most done and be the most productive in the most little time, the least amount of time, the least amount of time. Thank you are tear, So let's start with like calendar management, so recently I have also actually before that, let's just literally go through the help I have in my life to be able to do what I've like do. So, of course Tim stays at home with Ivy Girl, so that's covered. She's covered I in saying that, though I'm very strict with my boundaries of I am either leaving at six or seven, but don't have to do anything in the morning for her unless it's just like a wake up and cut all bit of fun. Yeah, but as soon as I get home, which is usually three thirty four, it is the Ivy Show until she goes to bed. So it's very much I have to have everything done before I get home because there's no working when I'm at home because that is Ivy time, and also no working on the weekends. Yeah, which was a huge adjustment for me. So Tim looks after Ivy.
Speaker 2: I have a question, Yes, what made you pick to have Ivy time in the afternoon and not in the morning when.
Speaker 1: She wakes up.
Speaker 2: Was that what worked for you routine wise or how did that decision happen.
Speaker 1: I'm most productive in the morning, so my brain works amazing in the morning, and also I realized for me to be my best self, I need movement added into you know, my routines, and I need my little things like journaling and meditating. And I also find they work better in the morning, so I want that to be away and not interrupt with ivy times. So that's why I made those decisions. Great question, by the way, So you know, to make our lives easier, we have things like we have a cleaner that comes every two weeks, every fortnight in between. Then Tim is really great, He's bocity, He's a little tidy freak, which is amazing for me. We tend to do like washing on the weekend, we get Hallow Fresh. So Tim still does a grocery shop where he'll get like his other stuff, but then we get hallow Fresh. So that makes, you know, making dinner really easy.
Speaker 2: So like, what does your cleaner do? Just like wipe mobs, vacuums, all that sort of jazz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so you don't even know timsac the clean has been. I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, I think he's there for two or three hours. Yeah, and yeah, it's generally we're quite tidy people. Yeah, so like you know, we clean up ourselves we wipe everything down. He's just more he's more like he'll do the deeper clean stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so ibalism, yes.
Speaker 1: And I actually I love doing washing. I find it very therapeutic. I know odd. I tell Tim, don't do the washing. I want to do it. Also sometimes he like washes colors with whites and as.
Speaker 2: In, like you find it therapeutic putting stuff in the washing and putting it away.
Speaker 1: I love putting a way away, mate, I love doing just putting it in the washing machine. Love that for me. So household stuff and then Tim you know, does like the outside stuff on the weekend. So that's kind of home life. My absolute dream would be to have a personal chef. I do it. I speak about this so much. We're not there to appen. He's not there yet, but this is on my vision board and all my goals because so a huge chunk where we're missing family time is I do IVY in the afternoon and then Tim you know, finally gets a break. So he usually like fox off and does something. But then Tim cooks dinner. Yes, so we're kind of doing separate things because I'm feeding her, bathing her, sorting her out. He's cooking dinner, and so that time feels really rushed and really full on. And so like in my ideal world, we would have someone that cooks us healthy, nutritious food or helps out in some way so me and Tim can have some more time together because at the moment we're kind of finding we don't have a lot of time together. But then again, we're obviously going to get into that. Like it's just we're going through a season where the focus is Ivy not us and probably, let's be honest, my work before me and Tim, and it's just it is what it is. I've made, you know, peace with it. But I definitely that's something I'm conscious of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when does Tim fit things like jim and stuff in.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, that's another home thing. So we recently got a home gym install yeah, which has been such a huge privilege and just like, oh my god, I'm like, this is life changing. And so he will do his gym during IVY snaps. And when did he used to do it. He used to do it in the afternoon, so I would come home, we would tag Tim, but then there was usually a lot of friction during that time because Tim is someone who loves to chat. So he would go to Jim and he wouldn't get home for like two hours because he'd been with a baby all day, and then do that, Oh my god, that's so annoying. I don't I don't talk to anyone at JIM, And so we would often be like there would be a bit of friction during that time because like he wouldn't start cooking dinner till seven, and then like it's all a big fucking mess. So the gym situation during Ivy's nap has worked better in regards to fitting it in correct in saying that he does have appointments which he will just do like when I get home. Yeah, just not leaving the house. Okay, So that's you know how you're obviously in my business, it's we have a whole big team. And then also recently getting an executive assistant to help me with my calendar and my content and just honestly organizing me and keeping me accountably accountable has definitely been life changing. I've been so much better with my calendar. Have an I idea, Yeah kind of, it's all right, you're lightning there, the thought, the intention is there, and you're like getting really good at sticking to it. I feel, yes, Where's before it was like a bit of a chit show. So can I put it into context? Yes, tell us, tell us how you really feel.
Speaker 2: Georgie would book three things for the same time and not like tell anyone until the time, and she'd be like, oh, like I have frame reeaning right now, we're going to have.
Speaker 1: To move them.
Speaker 2: And then I would everyone's day out. Now you know, we don't book things at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, So you know what used to happen is like, because I use Google Calendar and Google emails, and so in my email, people would send me an invite for a meeting. So I'd be like, yeah, of course we can do that meeting, except I wouldn't actually check my calendar.
Speaker 2: So then you'd get to the day and be like, oh, it defeated the whole purpose.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I've got it really good with that, guys. I don't have anything overlapping most of the time. So what I do now, and this has been life changing, is on a Friday, me and Ellie sit down and we go through my calendar. The first thing we do is we confirm all my appointments. So she sends a text out to you know, your Jamie being like, are these interviews confirmed anything that I have on like externally, whether it's appointments or with Cooper or mail anything like that, And we confirm all my appointments from there. And then also on a Friday, I'll text like Cooper mel and just be like, do you need anything from me next week? Is there any big things we need to discuss. I need to put in my calendar now. Yeah, And it's kind of like if you don't get in the calendar, you don't get in. Yeah, nothing happens in saying that that's a lie because I always give them the time, and then after that I put in my gym time. So I'll literally schedule in between because I do sometimes home gym and then I also do a class that's close to work. And so how I work my gym is the days that I need to come into work with hair and makeup because maybe we're filming or something like that, I am gimming at home, so I can then have a shower and get ready after and then any days it doesn't matter what I look like and I just want to wear my gym gear, I'll do a class because I go straight from that class to work. Yeah, so I book those in. I also put in journaling, meditating time, and I always a whole big thing with this calendar. Two is a color code, so I can see a weak view of everything color coded. So for example, yellow is gym, blue is work, purple is personal appointments and creative time. Green is creating content or actual posts of when I'm like posting content is pink. That's about it. And then so what I'll do is I'll kind of look and be like, Okay, where you know, is there creative time? Where can I maybe put something in that isn't there, et cetera. So that's kind of what I'm doing with my calendar at the moment, and that has been quiet liab changing. And then in that too, I will also put in, of course personal appointments, but like with friends and family and just make sure yeah it all, I guess makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: I've noticed that you've now moved your gym an hour earlier in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh have you noticed that? A tea? Yeah? Do you want to share why? Okay? Or well you used to it from seven to eight just for context, Yes, So I used to do from seven till eight, and now I'm doing six to seven. I'm actually even trying to think, why, oh, because it's warmer. Yeah, it is getting lighter during the day. And also I just noticed, so if I was doing gym six to seven, I definitely notice after gym is when I'll do LIKENK, my journaling, my kind of like creative time, and it kind of takes me an hour from gym to get into a work day. So I was then not starting to nine and then you know, if I'm finishing my work day at three point thirty, that's actually not a lot of time. Yes, when you're running two you know, businesses and you've got two teams. So and because I was being really strict with my boundaries, and I kind of looked at my morning and there was definitely kind of like wasted time there where I would like get up, I'd go on my phone. I was like a little bit chill, and so I kind of and I was like, look, Georgia, is it a priority, right? And I was kind of getting annoyed at myself. I wasn't getting things done. I felt always in a rush. So I was like, if I just get up earlier, get my gym done, and then I basically have an hour extra to not be as rushed, feel like more productive, and I have. It's been amazing. I'm in the five am club guys love. And it's also like that time I was because I used to wake up at five thirty and then kind of go on my phone because I know I didn't have to get up for like fifteen minutes. But now I wake up at five ten and I know I have to leave the house at like five thirty. So you're like, get it done. Yeah, I don't go on my phone, which is I get life changing. So that's even like with your calendar kind of look where you're like wasting time, and even I like when your gym's an hour earlier. And for the first couple of times, it was like fuck hard to wake up, but then you just get used to it. Yeah, And it's like you would rather feel stretched in a good way then feeling like too rushed for the rest of the day, if that makes sense. So true. Yeah, So that's kind of my life. So I have very rigid with my calendar, to be completely honest, Like I don't get a lot of I don't get any friend time, or social time during the week. I don't mind that though, because like when I have free time, I want to spend it with Ivy because I'm literally working so much. So again that's like my season, that's my priority, and I'm you know, quite okay with it. I do do my Friday gym session with a girlfriend kind of feels out my cup there, and then I leave the weekend to you know, friends, family time and that sort of thing. And I'm kind of very strict with that boundary. I love that. How do you do it all in your businesses?
Speaker 2: Oh well, if you like structured your sort of day with the business so that you are doing the most important things and not getting stuck.
Speaker 1: Yes, So in business, I have, I guess, like set up both teams. So it's all about you know, as a business owner, you have to have like the vision and like the wider goals is super important. But to actually continue in your business like a huge thing. I guess, like if we're going right to the start, it was like outsourcing things that I didn't have to do. So obviously there's things in your business that you absolutely have to do, which is like knowing how much budget you know you have to meet, knowing the wider goals where you want to go. Even for me, obviously, it's like content that I have to be in. Yeah, and you know, just different stuff like that you know episode where I'm fleshing out what I want to talk about, or the kind of like very specific tasks of like only I can do, and then thinking where can I get help or where can I outsource something that is not my zone of genius that someone else can kind of like take the rein. So we did that, you know in NHH very slowly. Obviously, we started with mel and then like we got Courtney for customer care. So Kooby used to do all the customer care and then we got Courtney, and then like one by one we employed people and then a big thing of like you know, delegation is what I generally do now is again like having that starting guidance like you were saying before a tier and then getting people to implement and then me approving. Yeah. So, like most of my day is either creating content or creating things that no one else can do. So whether it's like literally right now this podcast, or creating KPIs for the team and Naked Harvest, or talking to like you know, our accountant things like no one else can do ye or it's approving work. Yeah. And then so we have like a recurring calendar for like recording hotline apps and recording you know, our Tuesday episodes. And then I have reoccurring tasks with the whole team where it's like a weekly one on one and that's where I go through approvals for everyone. Also what has helped to my calendar is being like on Thursdays is my nd H approvals, and then like on Tuesdays is generally like my R and C days where we dive deeper into stuff and like splitting them up so you're not constantly going from one thing to the other and like get getting confused and not having your full capacity. And even something I'll do is like the mornings where I have more like for example, I'm looking at my calendar here and on Wednesday, I'm doing a gym. Sorry, I'm doing my gym at home, and I've got time to journaling and I specifically put that on that day because when I come in, I'm going straight into an art and see team goals and KPIs meeting, which is like we want to talk about like you know, exciting goals and the vision for the brand. So I want to feel really excited and motivated and not rushed, and so maybe do like a bit of a different workout compared to when I'm at the gym if I had sense, So just being very intentional with my calendar. But yeah, that kind of sums it up. I know you guys had some questions in the Facebook group, So should we go through those here?
Speaker 2: Yes, let me ask you the first one. So for the next part of the episode, I'm going to ask you a few questions Georgie that came up in the Facebook group. We did put a call out in there. I think it's a few weeks ago now, of we were bouncing ideas around about doing this episode on How I Do it All, and we really wanted to know what our community wanted to know from Georgie. So we had lots of questions come through and I've sort of compiled them and condensed them so that we can get through as many as possible.
Speaker 1: So the first question, and what was your overall call out? Like just how to balance it all? How to do it all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like pretty much how to be a mom work full time all the things.
Speaker 1: How do you prioritize everything in your life?
Speaker 2: And so the question that I thought would be good to start with is someone actually asked, where do you start when it comes to balancing everything and how how do you choose to prioritize your time?
Speaker 1: I guess, well, you need to ask what's important to you? So, like I obviously know I'm running two companies, so I need like I was saying before, of going, actually I should start Jim earlier because I need more work time. Yeah, and just choosing to get up earlier. So it's about prioritizing what's important to you and what season are you in? You know, similar to what I was saying about how me and Tim don't have a lot of me and Tim time. But it's like I've made peace of that because it's a season of we literally it's the first year of Ivy's life and it's all about her. It's the Ivy Show, the Ivy world. We're just living in it, and that like that's okay. So I think it's about being like you need to reflect and ask yourself what season and am I in? And it's like if you're in a season where you want to grow your business, you're obviously going to spend more time on your business. If you're in a season of focusing on your fitness and health, maybe you've got to get up an hour earlier and fit it in before you go to work. Or if you're in a season of maybe you're feeling really burnt out and you've realized that you just like haven't taken care of yourself this year, it's like maybe ditching the gym and going to hot and cold pools and a sauna, or you know, like actually thinking what do I currently need in my life right now? I think the first thing too, is like putting it out on paper, so almost doing an audit of your time and being like where am I spending my time? Like that's huge of you know, like obviously, I know we all have jobs and things we have to do. But then if you think about it, and a lot of people are like, oh, you know, I work full time, I've got no time for anything. What are you doing before and after work? What are you doing on your weekend? And then from that time looking at what is your priority? If you're spending a lot of time just watching Netflix, like that's your priority and that's okay, But asking yourself. Am I comfortable with that? Yeah? Am a parody? Yeah? Am I comfortable with that being my priority right now? And then if you're not okay, where am I going to change things? And I think doing an audit on your time is it's scary, but it's quite liberating because you take back control. Absolutely. It's like, actually I can do something, and I feel like we all get stuck in this trap where we're like, I've got no time. I'm so busy, I work full time. I have all these commitments, but it's like you chose those commitments. You're you're choosing to do the thing or not do the thing. So you need to decide if that is a priority or if you need to shift and realign yourself. So number one takeaway, do an order of audit of your time, see where your priorities are and decide if they need to shift or if it's great.
Speaker 2: Question number two, how do you actually hold yourself accountable? I will time block but sometimes not follow through. So are there any tactics you use to ensure that you stick to your commitments.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna like my answer to you. I have an assistant, So I have Ellie being like, excuse me.
Speaker 2: She literally said this to be your fair and I was like, okay, but what about people who kind of what I'm an.
Speaker 1: Assisted, what do we do well? I think it's again about deciding how you're going to prioritize your time. So are you going to use an electronic calendar? Are you going to use a paper calendar? Sticking to that? I think you know this person, they've said I time block, so they're already writing down their times. She's probably you know, she's probably like a very organized gal. If you're not sticking to it, I would ask yourself like why, yeah, like there's some time blocked the wrong way around? Maybe, yeah, Like are you not actually prioritizing what you want or does there maybe need to be some discipline here where you go? No, this is my priority, So I'm just going to wake up that hour earlier. Like I had to have a bit of a chat with myself where I was like, Georgia, get up, you've been lazy, Like I'm not, but you know, like a bit of tough love with yourself and just being like, actually I am just not being very disciplined and am I okay with that? Or am I not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think as well, with time blocking, you need to leave gaps. Yeah, because no matter how hard you try, things come up, like meetings run over.
Speaker 1: This is me right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like think about it objectively, like if something's supposed to take an hour, put an hour and fifteen minutes in, and if you put that fifteen minute buffer for everything, you might just be running early at the end of the day, which is great.
Speaker 1: That's actually a great point a teer of Like if you as someone who is quite organized and time blocking and scheduling and something, but it's still not working, It's like, are you, yeah, not allowing enough time to get things done? Yeah, because you can't force yourself to get a two hour task done in an hour. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: No will.
Speaker 1: We all would love that, But I guess that's also like realizing there's no magic fix. It's like you're you've got to commit literally to the lesson I'm learning right now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question number three, how do you prevent burnout or how have you recovered from burnout in the past?
Speaker 1: I kind of have two concepts for this. I think for me, when I am getting into burnout, the best thing I do is reflect and I'm like, what has currently you know happened. I've I've done this recently. I recently did a big reflection on my year and then planned out the next year. And I've felt quite a few times this year like I'm like on the edge of burnout, burnout because you know, we've gone into burnout feeling very kind of just like numb and like you don't care anymore and you're just like so exhausted. And I've felt like that a couple of times this year, and I've kind of realized it's because I wasn't in alignment and I was kind of you know, doing things. It's not that I didn't want to do them, but it's like a past self had committed to those things and I had grown a lot as a person, and it was out of alignment. So I think reflecting and being like, maybe what has you know got me to this point? And can I change anything from here in regards to like recovering from it if you're currently feeling it, is again audit your time and because we all have stuff that we don't like doing and we all got to do it, Like we've all got work, we've all got commitments, we all, you know, have goals, and usually to get those get to those goals, we're doing things that it's like, it's not amazing all the time. It's not you know, I don't love getting up at five am and lifting heavy weights. I'm like, I'd rather be sleeping. But it's like looking at your time and kind of thinking, where can I add in some more things that will just fill up my cup that little bit more? Almost like where can I add some little bits of joy? Yeah? And that's why when me and Ellie go through my calendar, she literally goes, when are you journaling? When are you meditating? When's your creative time? Georgie, shut up, stop telling me what to do, but also please keep doing it and I will have to put put in those things. Oh my god, Tar, I haven't told you this, so you know how we're going off topic. Yeah, but you know how I told you that. Andrea, so our resident are rn C psychic? Yes, she'll randomly, because she's really tapped into my energy because the amount of readings we've done and we've been friends for so long. She'll be like, I've got a message for you. We were voicing the other day and she's like, Georgie, I've got a bit of a message from You've had it download. She's like, have you stopped journaling and meditating? And I was like maybe, And she's like, you need to start again. That is like a huge thing because I was asking her like a business decision, should I do this or that? And she literally just goes, don't even worry about that. You need to get back to your small routines boo. Because and she's like, you know this, I don't even have to like tell you this is a message from your angels. But she's like, you need to add in that time because you wouldn't need to ask me this question. And I was like, you're so smart. And so that's when I was like, I haven't been prioritizing what I need to prioritize to be my best self. Yeah, and so yeah, I will start including more joy, more things that fill me up. And I think sometimes when we're burnt out, we want to stop everything, just stop it. Just quit my job, burn it off, turn it off. I don't want to do any projects, but I it's not reality. Yeah. We need to you know, keep living, we need to keep earning money, we need to keep ongoing, and so if you can look at your schedule and just filter in some sprinkle in some joy, some filling up things that can be very small, you know, ten minutes of journaling, like that's when we're going to start coming back to ourself and even then get to a spot where you then have space to then rejig things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think even I think we spoke about this in the fem episode. But giving yourself a guilt free rest day of nothing wherever you can, maybe it means in two weeks time you give yourself a little long we can and take a day off work or something. But giving yourself that one day where you don't have to do chores, you don't have to go anywhere, you can just wake up, see what you feel like doing, and do that would help a lot with recovering for burnout and get yourself sort of back into like looking at your life at a bird's eye view rather than being stuck.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent create space. But then the caveat to that is that shouldn't be every weekend. No, if you're doing that every weekend, you you're not actually like you're not actually fixing anything, if that makes sense, you're just so burnt out and you're not taking any action to fix that burnout. No, if that makes sense. So I don't think that it's like a band aid fixed. Yeah, it's a band aid every week so you can get through the next week, but you're not actually making any changes that you're then helping yourself. Yeah. So that and I do that sometimes right every weekend, I just want to veg out, and then I've got to literally look at myself and be like, something's wrong without and again that's when you have to take that accountability. Yeah, and you have to be like, I need to make a change, which is always uncomfortable at the start. He is thinking like I've it's very common this time of year, and this was me probably like the last two months before this, But now I've like I've got an over the hump, and I was like, oh, I needed that time. But if you're not actually moving forward or reshifting or rejigging things, we'll check it and when I figure out what it is, we'll check it back in guys, So me and a Tea are both we're in the fit train. We fit batties right now for summer, for summer and ourselves and ourselves because Hot Girl Summer is coming. It's copy. So, as you guys know, I've gone back to gym after IVY, and literally at the moment, I'm doing a bit of a challenge. A tea is doing a challenge. And if you're a fit girl like us, or you try to be a fit.
Speaker 2: Girl like, we're chrying our best.
Speaker 1: We're trying our best. You guys need to make sure you get onto Enh's Core Products, which is our all natural pre workout. I personally have one scoup of our Sweet Strawberry o G pre workout, and I then have one scoop of our stim Free pre workout. So obviously OG has caffeine and Stimfree doesn't. So if you're training in the afternoon, Stimfree is going to be your best friend because it's not going to disturb your sleep. And then, of course post workout or getting in your protein is so important. Your coach said that didn't chea tear. Protein's one of my highest macros. And I really struggled to get my protein in because I love carbs. I'm like, I need to eat some like just raw dick it. At this point, Well, guys, you don't have to eat brought chicken, and please don't do that because n hate has thrive plant protein which is all natural, vegan glude and free and free from refined sugars. So can I highly recommend the cook cream flavor. It's like drinking an Orum milk. Oh my god, it's so good. So, guys, if you're on the fit gal train like me in a tea, you need to try out our pre workout and our protein. Just go to Naked Harvest Supplements dot com and of course us R and C FAM I've got a cheeky discount for you. You can use the code rise at checkout. All right, enough about us being fit gals, let's get back into the episode. But number four, how do you make space to level up without feeling like you're missing out. I'm just going to give a little bit more context to this question in the terms of an example, because we've got a few different questions of the same nature. Yeah, but an example someone gave is they really know that they want to study this specific course to reach their next level because that's where they see themselves going in their life. But to do that, they need to work less for this next little bit, and they're worried that that'll then set them back in different ways in life. And I feel like this is something very common where people experience that they know they need to get rid of something to make space for the next thing, but it's almost like getting comfortable with almost missing out on a few things in the moontime. I love this question, So I think it is so important every couple of not every couple of years, but like looking at your journey, this will kind of continuously happen when you do need to up level and you do need to shift or take something away. So the first example that comes to mind is when I quit my law job. So when I quit my law job, I had my social media stuff on the side, and I had built my social media stuff up where it basically matched what I was making my law job. Yeah, and so you know, technically, technically two incomes like that was amazing sort of thing when you were that young. But I knew if I didn't drop one and go fully in one of them, I would burn out and you know, crash and burn and it would not be great. So I knew for a time I had to kick one of them away and build up in that. You know, one and you essentially cut your income in half when you did that. Yeah, yes, it's that, Yeah, definitely. And you know, I had a mortgage, I had bills, Like even though I didn't have IVY, I still had huge things that were taking in consideration. But I was like, I am so happy to cut half my income and know that I can, you know, go deeper and just find out what this like intuition feeling is with this social media stuff, because I just I knew I was on like the brim of the cusp. We love the word cusp, the cusp of something, and I knew if I didn't let go of the law, I would never be able to get to the next level. So essentially I had to like, yeah, half my income and then Naked Harvest came I think it was one or two years later. Yeah, so essentially that's that's huge. But I needed to do it to then get to the next level. But then now, if I look at my life, like that's a no brainer choice. Absolutely, But during the time I was like, oh, but I'm going to lose half my income, you know, I was comfort and so it's about deciding like if this person she's clearly said like up level, she knows she's got this intuition feeling, she knows she needs to make space and take time, and that might mean bringing something away, whether that is time, whether that is money, some sort of resource, but that is always like now I look back that it's obviously tenfold where I was able to get because I reduced that so and like another another good example is in Naked Harvest, I can't remember it was the year's pregnant, so the Yuro's pregnant with Ivy. In Naked Harvest, I remember looking at our goals for the year and very specifically with intentions saying, I'm not interested in growth for Naked Harvest this year. I'm interested in creating a foundation because before that I couldn't leave. I couldn't take maternity leave because we were a small business and you know, everyone was doing a million dollar jobs and I was so intertwined into everything I couldn't technically take time off without it, you know, crumbling a little bit. So I was like, I'm going to sacrifice growth this year in Naked Harvest to build systems, to build foundations, to build our team so I can take time and essentially scale Naked Harvest later on Yeah, in years to come. Yeah, So again that is like a choice. So instead of looking at oh I'm missing out on you know, money or growth or time like that's I feel like that's such an illusion, Like don't get caught in the trick because in the long road it will be you know, tenfold the time, energy, money, whatever resource that you're missing out on. Did that make sense? It did? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I I even because this is something I've gone through before, look at it and go every week. I don't make space for this. It delays the end goal by even though it probably might not work out to be exactly that, but for me, it's like this time is precious and I'm wasting it and the more I waste on doing the thing that wasting my time or like filling the space sinking long term, thinking long.
Speaker 1: Term other than sure, would I rather do a week of this or have that thing a month earlier? Yeah, because like naked Harvest could have come even if you didn't quit your law job. But how much longer would it have taken you to get it to the point? Yes, correct that you did? Yeah? Yeah, next question, what are your thoughts on creating ballot? Oh? No, such thing? What I know, I know, I don't know. Sometimes this is a bit controversial. Just sometimes I don't believe in balance because I'm just such a person that I'm like, there's seasons and even though I do believe you can have it all, I think you can't have it all all the time. No, no, no, Yeah, I think you need to have priorities. Yeah, and anytime you have a priority, somethink slides back. It's just what happens. Yeah. But if you are very clear on your priorities and you know exactly what you want, that's not going to matter. Yes. So my big thing with balance is I think you need to decide what is your priority, what you want in life right now, what is your goal, and kind of go off that rather than being like I just need to be balanced twenty four to seven. Because like a good example is, like I said, if you have this goal of I want to grow my business year business this year, or even start a business, yeah, like you can't. Oh well, I've got to have time for my friends and my family and this and this, and I can only spend one hour on my business per week. Yes, it might and especially let's just say it's a side hustle and you're doing it on the weekend. You can't be like, oh, my goal is to you know, grow and scale my business, right, I'm going to go to part these every weekend. Correct. It's just like when I was at UNI and all my friends were going out on the weekend and I had an assignment and I was like, well, what's the end goal here, Georgia. Do you want to be a lawyer or do you want to go get out a good weekend? Yeah? Do you want to go have some fun? Yeah? And like sometimes I'd choose the funk, so I was like, fuck it, it stoughts, I don't care. But then you know you need to. That's what I mean about balance, Like I believe in balance in like, h if you look at your year in a hole and you're like, yeah, well three months I was, you know, really heavy on the candy collection, and then I had a month of really focusing on Tim and Ivy. So like during the candy collection three month pre launch, it wasn't balance. But if I look over the whole year, maybe it is, If that makes sense. Yeah, no, absolutely so, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I really like that outlook, Okay, because Yeah, I do like getting comfortable with your priorities and if you're not, then change them.
Speaker 1: And if you're someone who's like, oh, I just I need balance in my life, you probably don't need balance. You're needing the opposite of what you're currently doing, which is fine, and it just means it's time to shift. Yeah, it's time for a different season. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think something else as well, though, is if you've picked a cert priority to work on, don't get upset with yourself when the other things fall back, and don't be hard on yourself or measure your worth by those things. Like, for example, if your priority is your business and it means less time with your partner, don't go, I'm such a bad person because I'm being a bad partner. So true, because I feel like everybody does that. Yeah, if something starts slipping, if they're not going to the gym as much, I'm unfit. I'm unhealthy because I'm not going to the gym. I'm such a gross person. But like, that's not what it is.
Speaker 1: No, it's health and fitness isn't a priority for you. Yeah, and that's okay because you chose a different priority at that point, which is also Okay, I love that. I think that's also about being like so self aware. Yeah, like you need to be self aware when you're choosing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I do it all the time. I get upset about something and then I'm like, hang on.
Speaker 1: I chose the other thing.
Speaker 2: This isn't even at the top of my five, like my top five wife, my energy getting.
Speaker 1: Upset, this isn't even a bucket. Yeah. Literally Number six.
Speaker 2: How do you deal with the guilt of having to sacrifice in this one came from a lot of like moms where they're sacrificing time with their kids to go back to full time work or part time work and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I love this. So I follow this girl on Instagram called savann Ahla or Tiger or Tiger I'm not sure if that's her name, Savan. I've actually had her on the potty Love Savan. She's like a California girl and she's like really fashion style, but she's also got two kids. And I remember reading one of her blogs that I absolutely loved, and she wrote this concept of like I don't do mum guilt mmm, and she just goes, I have decided my life. So she has two kids, they have a full time nanny. Yeah, she is an influencer. I think she has like two or three businesses, like girl Boss Vibes, and she's so unapologetic, like she's like, I have decided to create my life like this where I work in my businesses. I'm so passionate about it. You know, her husband works in her businesses too, and so with you know, with their time, they just like they have a nanny full time during the week and then they prioritize like family time on the weekend. And she's like, I have decided this. I've decided this so I will not buy into mum guilt. And she's like, I've just decided I will not have money, and I just love it because I'm like that's so true. Like you can literally decide your life. So if your priority is you want to be a working mom and you want to work in your career or you want to work in your business like own it, don't fall into this mum guilt because it's like it's just wasting time and energy and it's about you know, your priorities. So again, if you do have mum guilt, and it's because this and that, it's time to shift, it's time to change, and I know it's not sometimes that easy, but it's about being self aware enough. And I do this too. I fall into the trap where I feel guilty, you know, with certain things about Ivan. Then I have to remind myself. I'm like, no, Georgia, you chose to be a working mom and you fucking love what you do and you're giving her a great life and she has the best life and yeah, and so I have to remind myself that and almost give myself some tough love where I'm like, oh, no, I'm not doing this. We're not doing mum guilt today, Georgia. Yeah, and almost like being very taking the emotion out of it, yeah, almost objective, Yeah, being objected and being like, well, you chose this and you love what you do, and you know things might change one day and one day you might just want to be stay at home um or do something different, and that's fine, but for now, you've chosen this, So we're not doing mum guilt. And I think a big thing with sacrifice is like not really like not looking at it in a negative way, like looking at it, at it in a really positive way of if you've chosen to live your life and maybe it is a little bit different to mainstream or how other people doing it, but like being like, how amazing that I get to set up, you know, my life this way, and even like looking at things like if you have a nanny or your child goes to you know, kindergarten or something, being like how amazing that they get to spend time with other children and their nanny who they love. And I get to work on my business and provide for my family. Yeah exactly, and like completely flipping it around. I just even love the concept of being like, oh no, I don't do mum guilt. I know, and it's like we should do an episode. All that's it. That's episode done.
Speaker 2: Next question, how do you keep on task during your designated productivity tasks and how do you juggle those tasks in busy work days while also prioritizing workouts, fam and relationship.
Speaker 1: Color code So, like I said before, when I plan in advance, so you really want to plan in advance, you want to look at your calendar. I find color coding helps me. So Google cow you can just edit it and choose the color and you can literally look at your week, so you know, have I got enough time for myself? Have I got enough time for family time? And you know, you could go really far as time blocking stuff like bed bath routine with Ivy. I don't because I know I do that every night, but like, yeah, you could look at that and then look at your colors and being like, for example, if you look at your schedule and you go straight from let's say it's like, for example, like I was, when I want to be in the visionary of my business and I want to create, you know, a forecast for next year, I'm going to make sure the time before that is putting me into a state like so before that, I'm not gonna you know, drop Ivy off here and do something that's gonna make me feel rushed and you know, be like having appointments before it. Yeah, and then I've got to rush to the office, and then I've got to be the visionary in my business. Yeah. It's about looking at your time objectively, auditing your time, and being like, Okay, so if I'm going straight from this appointment, I'll be sitting in peak traffic, and then I'm going to go straight into a time block that I have to you know, be really creative. Is that really gonna happen? Or am I setting myself up for failure here? Yeah? So being very objective with productivity tasks that way. So even sometimes so like my nine to ten meetings are generally pretty cruisy. It's nothing too crazy if I've got time before there that doesn't get me into my best self, if that makes sense, And then I'll put like the harder tasks like later on in the day or you know, roles reverse in regards to I generally like I do a lot of recording in the afternoons because I don't find it mindless, but I find it easier than like sitting down and like planning things. So I will put more, like more of that sort of stuff in the morning. So I think, yeah, maybe just do an audit of your time, do some color coding, and yeah, work it all out. And if you don't, like, if you don't have Google Calendo, you could just put on like a four get some highliners. But yeah, even I cow on your iPhone you can color code. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next question, I'm nervous that handing work off to employees will make my clients think that they don't have to pay me as much as they do or want them to pay. I want them to pay more, and I want employees and subcontractors to do more or all of my work so that I can let go and enjoy life more. I thought this was a really interesting question for business owners.
Speaker 1: I love this. So I heard a really great example the other day where a guy was explaining that bear with me here, I'm probably gonna butcher this. Yeah. So a guy was explaining you know, it was on a podcast or something, and he was kind of saying about, like this person wanted to up their rates. Yeah, and he was kind of talking about like time for money, and he was saying, like, you're not necessarily paying time for money, like when you're you know, paying a subcontractor or paying for a service, And like a great way to think about it is you're not like paying Oh they're two like a lawyer five hundred and fifty dollars an hour. That's how much. Yeah, jesus, my partner used to charge out for his time and me, as a law clerk not even finish my law degree, they used to charge me out at one eighty per hour, like they weren't paying me. That that's the shot. That's rough. I was on like twenty two an hour. But so if we're talking, you know, time for money. A really great concept that I love is let's say you have this huge business. You're making fifty MILLI a year. Let's say it's a manufacturing business, and you have machines that you know. Let's let's use naked harvest for an example. So let's just say you're a manufacturing business, you feel supplements. You're making fifty MILLI a year. This is a made up example, by the way, that would be fun. And you like a machine, like the machine in the factory, the machine in the factory that is feeling the you know, the supplements or whatever, is like it's making you one hundred grand per hour per hour. Yeah, let's say that machine breaks. You get you know, someone in to try and fix it. They can't fix it. You get another person in. It's now been a day and you've lost you know, one hundred thousand dollars or I'm not doing math right, but you know what I mean. Eight hundred thousand dollars, Yeah, eight hundred thousand dollars. If you get you know, electrician in, I know who fixed machines, handyman, what mckn a mechanic or yeah, whatever, be some form of engineer, probably an engineer. Yeah, if you get him in, he finished, he fixes that machine in ten minutes. But he charges you twelve thousand dollars. Are you gonna care no, or you're gonna go, oh, thank god, I'm not losing like you know, eight hundred gates. Yeah. Yeah, So I like when you think of your business, don't think of, oh, I'm charging this amount of money for someone's you know, time, and this is vice versa. But think of what problem am I fixing in that business? And what value is? Yeah? What value is that? I love that. That's even like I tell so Justiner, my partnerships manager. She came in and for a long time I handled all my own collaborations, so ye, you know, the comms of it, everything involved, And then she came in. She organized me, She dealt with all the comms. I you know, pay her per hour. But I tell her all the time like she is worth Like her worth to me is like she could charge me a million dollars and I'd be like, well that's a bit dramatic, but it's like she is worth so much because she has changed my life. Yeah, And it's like, if you change someone's life or you hit a pain point, it doesn't matter what you charge, it just has to be what the value is. Yeah, So I don't know, I like, I think this person, I feel like that was a huge ramp. It was. But did that kind of make sense a tia, Yeah it does.
Speaker 2: And it's also like just having a bit more confidence in yourself and your employees' quality of output and if because to me, it sounds like she might not have the confidence she needs in the people she's handing the.
Speaker 1: Work off too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, work with them to get them to the point that they're outputting at a standard that you're happy.
Speaker 1: With, and then up your rate. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because Yeah, it's like when you give someone a pay rise at work, it's not because they're doing more hours of work in the week. It's because the work they're outputting is of more value to you now, correct. So think of it that way in terms of your business. Is your client's employee, so to say, and you're now providing more value to them even if you're not doing more hours, So ask for more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my right. Number ten. I feel like this doesn't even make sense to this whole episode, but flicked a good question. There's also a BIS one, so we'll end on a bit about it.
Speaker 2: All right. What systems or tools in your business are great for keeping you on track with time and task management?
Speaker 1: Mm? Hm that we haven't already expect so obviously calendar is a big thing that we use. Is a sana. Yeah, so that's like a task thing and I'm it's like it's free up into a certain amount of people you add on, so it's like a really great freebie. It's free for quite a long time tool. Is there any other tools we use for task management? I just really use like karl and asana. Yeah, google cal Asana for tasks. And then I love a physical beside me just drop down ideas And.
Speaker 2: I feel like with this you almost don't want too many things because the more you have, the harder it is to keep track of where you're writing things down simplify it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Actually, a tool that Ellie uses that she finds very helpful is notion Love Notion. I've never used it, but she seems very organized with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bit more freedom with it in what you can and can't do. But yeah, I think it's just play around with what personally works for you because there's so many tools and systems out there, Like we tried Monday for a.
Speaker 1: Bit, but I think that's a big thing. A tea is like, don't overcomplicate it. And I feel like sometimes people when they're searching for a tool they want like a quick fix, they're like, oh, I'll use this and then I'll just be accountable. Yeah, you know, like nothing's a quick fix. Nothing is magic. Like I think there's definitely life changing things like a Google calendar, but like if you can simplify it and just work out a system that actually works for you. So what I'm saying with my whole how I do it on a Friday and I color code Like that might not work for you. That might feel like super like restricting or whatever. But you need to find a system that works for you, and yeah, don't over do it. And I think, and then to finish, just because we had so many epps about like health and exercise and how to prioritize, just like let's end on that. Yeah, I think the big thing with this, it's exactly what I said at the start, is you need to decide if it's a priority, and if it is, you just got to fit it in in regards to maybe you need to get up earlier, maybe you need to just be more disciplined and like you know, go after work or whatever it is. I don't know. There's like there's nothing magical here. There's no answer that I can give you.
Speaker 2: It's so hard and it's what I feel like I'm currently going through right now because I want it to be a priority. But it's always the thing that I've let slip because I just it's for me, like it's it's I find it easy to let my health and fitness slip, and I find it easy to let myself care slip.
Speaker 1: Like I will. I would rather cook dinner over having a nice bath, because it's not like it you must do. It's like a nice to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I need to start looking at it as a you must do. And it's also about finding the system that works right for you. And there is no fix. Like my fitness coach said to me the other day, she's like, I'd love to be able to go to the gym for you. I'd love to be able to hit your nutrition.
Speaker 1: For its universe do it.
Speaker 2: But she's like I can't like as much as I want to, I could not do that for you. That's not possible. You're the person that you have to do it for yourself. And the phrase I've been using at the moment is if I'm feeling a bit lazy after work and I don't want to go to the gym, I will say not I'm tired, and I'm not going to the gym because I'm honoring myself. I say, I am prioritizing Netflix over my health and fitness.
Speaker 1: If that sits well with me on that day, how does that feel? Shit?
Speaker 2: If that's hope, it's well with me on that day, then that's fine because maybe I'm having it off day, but usually it doesn't. And then I pick myself back up, get my active wear on and go to the gym. And also finding a system that works for you. I know one of my besties loves group classes because she says, all I have to do is physically get myself to the gym and my job's done. I don't have to then push myself to do exercises.
Speaker 1: Training does it for me? Yeah, he yells at me when he knows I'm not pushing myself. Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that takes that pressure off. So find the system that works for you. Does a thirty minute homework out work or do you need to go somewhere else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love it. It is like it's a bit of tough love, but it's like, yeah, you kind of need to be like brutally honest with yourself and decide is this a priority or is it not? And if it is and you, you know, aren't making a priority, then stop in lazy get a lazy ass. I know. It's so much easier said than done. Yeah, in saying that too, like, do you find once you stick to something and you continntinuously do it, it's a habit.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I feel like for me, especially with health and fitness, it does take a little bit longer to build that habit because it's still so easily the priority that drops until I get it there, and that that like I'm prioritizing this over my health and fitness has really helped, especially on weekends when I very much need to gym on the weekend because during the week I get really drained. Yeah, if someone's like, let's get dinner, I go. I am prioritizing dinner with this person over my health and fitness. If that feels good, great, If it doesn't, I don't get dinner that day kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't eat, I don't eat out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be my gym time, like yeah, or try and get your friends to come gym with you.
Speaker 1: That way I find a system for you. Yeah, I've been in like in saying that with I've found, like with waking up earlier, it's I can tell even it's only been a week, but like today was so much easier to wake up than it was Monday. And I know, if I push through and I just keep doing it, my body cloth's just gonna, you know, fix itself. Yeah. Absolutely, If I continue continuously do it too, it's just gonna become a habit. And for me getting up early, I just say to myself, I get up.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're gonna like getting up at six am any more than you like getting up at five am.
Speaker 1: So just get up at five am, you know what I mean. Like it's not any more enjoyable to wake up at five. Yeah, you might just get up the hour earlier. But sometimes it depends what time I went to bed, because like I need to set amount of hours to function, because if it's like the difference between six or seven, I'm going to choose the seven hours, like, oh okay, yeah, because that's some products I don't function. I'm precious. I'm like, I'm a Unie student. So I did you need to get seven hours of sleep when you were in Uni? Yeah? We probably got fucking nine. Yeah, I must have done you any different year. All right, my loves. On that note, I hope you enjoyed this episode and we'll tut to you guys to bye. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.