Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Friday Morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning, Jake, morning guys. Happy Friday, Patsy too, Christian. Now, before we get into this week's double thumbs up, what are you have you got on this weekend? Jackie boy? You look like you're something excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've planned a surprise outing tomorrow night for my wife. So I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you that you won't. You wouldn't guess, in if I give you a million guesses, you wouldn't guess where we go.
Speaker 2: A comedy show that you want to go and see.
Speaker 1: It's not a comedy show. It is a show some time. But you'll just be I'll tell you on Monday, and you'll be shocked.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: I can't say okay, even if you guess it right, I can't say in case she's.
Speaker 2: Listening, And how long have you had this planned?
Speaker 1: About a month?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And is she going to love it?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: But you're one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Sure you're nervous. It's more like I guess I would be more excited for it, but I think she'll wasn't far off.
Speaker 2: I wasn't far off with it is Jackie boy, it's a jack treat. But then you were dragged to the Flower Expo last week.
Speaker 1: Get one back?
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, and well good luck with that this weekend. And Patsy, what are you up to this week?
Speaker 3: We're off to the National Gallery again this weekend. Yeah, very high brown, no, no high brow. I love it down there. Have you ever taken Gordy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves the window, the water window at the start.
Speaker 2: Don't it's impressed.
Speaker 1: We don't even have to go inside, you just.
Speaker 2: Go into that big lobby. They've got it is amazing.
Speaker 1: We're done, off we go. What about you? What are you up to?
Speaker 2: Well? My birthday is on Monday, so I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night with some friends. And then the big thing I'm doing this weekend is getting ready. I've got it. I'm buying some stuff in Australia to take back to Mum and dad because next weekend, first time in two years I haven't seen my folks, which is crazy when you haven't seen your parents for two years. You know, I missed the kids and I moved out. If we don't see it for five days. I kind of imagine what is that? And also don't you find once your parents start to reach a certain age, don't age a year at a time. I'm slightly nervous about it's been two years, but they're going to look more, gonna look older.
Speaker 1: Than two years. But they're not going to shot this same It can be.
Speaker 2: A shot yes o wow. And also I think that as people get older and that you know, they're in their mid seventies, so they're not too they start to shrink. Yes, so I'll actually better see them that they'll be tiny living in a skirting board. Stuart littlem my tiny little English parents. I'm taking back Tim Tams. What about no no, no no. We have a version of that that superior Sorry Australia keep its tariffs called marm I. All right, when we come back, we'll go around the team when we do double thumbs up. We do this every Friday. We talk about the things that we're really enjoying at the moment. So if you're looking for a new TV show, you might pick one up something to stream this weekend. Gold won I four point three The Christian O'Connell Show podcast in time for this week's double Thumbs Up, me, Chack and Pats share what shows when things were into at the moment, And if you're enjoying anything at the moment, whether it's a TV show, you've seen, a movie, or a book or whatever it is, please share it with us four seven five three one four three. Last week on the show, I was talking about the fine actor. I think he's one of the best of his generation. Moment's Stephen Graham. He is in a new show now it's on Disney Plus. It's called one Thousand Blows. It is outstanding. Also when it is the psychologist who also was in Adolescents and that episode three Aaron Dougherty, great actress.
Speaker 1: How good he was in that show. I now I want to go and watch his whole back catalog and he's in so much stuff that I didn't realize. No, he is Snatch.
Speaker 2: He's in Snatch. That's right, Emile. And have you seen he's brilliant broad Walk come out. Have you seen the Irishman?
Speaker 1: Yes, watched it together.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's in his own with like Janiero and j Pashi. He's incredible. And then the other thing, you guys have to watch this I'm a big fan of the stand up Bill Burr, right. I've been a fan of his for over twenty years. Most recent special, which is about Bill being in his mid fifties, is the best stand up he's ever done. It is incredible. It is called drop Dead Years. It's come at the right time for me because I'm fifty two on Monday and Biller's in his mid fifties. It's it's so good, and there's that there's a bit actually which is quite surprised when he actually talks about I didn't know this that he's had depression, and he talks about it in a uniquely Bill bur Way which is both really really honest and raw, but extremely funny as well, and has actually prompted a big chat between my wife and I and the daughters who've seen it as well as well. It's a brilliant, brilliant special with the grim title of drop Dead Years. Do you know, perhapsy we are in drop dead years?
Speaker 1: What does that meant?
Speaker 2: That you could just want anything, especially for especially for men. I was some of the other day and I was chatting to someone there sat really birthday soon, I said, I argu me fifty two. They went Oh my god, many your age from fifty one to fifty seven. You're in what's called she said, snipers. Ali, that what does that mean? Because I'm now mortist now than when I'm sixty two sixty three, I'm in Sniper, Sally, I mean guys, protective, guys protect me during the next six years. That is grim, grim grim. I felt healthy talking to her afterwards, I was like, Apes.
Speaker 1: Sally, I shouldn't even go outside.
Speaker 2: I should be in bubble ramp or join absorbing ball for the next six years.
Speaker 1: All right, So what's that on? I really want to watch that drop?
Speaker 2: Daddy is is on Disney Plus. It's a ten out of ten for me. It's really, really, really funny. Patsy, what are you enjoying at the moment? Double thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Well, finally it's dropped the Oprah Menopause special. It's called Minopause Revolution, and it is I feel a revolution what we've got right now?
Speaker 2: Everyone, you've been a trailblazing you.
Speaker 3: I know everything's gone. He's only human, but you know, no one does it quite like Oprah. She's so brilliant, and she's got a few people up on stage, including Naomi Watt's halle Berry talking about their lived experiences as well as a panel of medical experts. And you know what's so great about it is like my podcast Rage Against the Menopause. It's just women being authentic telling it how it is. And you know, it's so interesting watching it yesterday. It's on Disney Plus. There's very similar themes to what have come up in series.
Speaker 2: One of my podcasts, What do you mean case people haven't heard? It is an outstanding podcast.
Speaker 3: It's on iHeart or wherever you get your podcasts. But common themes like they feel fobbed off by their GPS, like they're being Eurotic, They're not being listened to, no one's talking about it, They're confused about hormone replacement therapy and fear that it could lead to cancer. All you know, there's women on the other side of the globe, all around the world. We're all having the same sentiments about menopause. And I'm just so delighted that we're finally having the conversation. And who better to do it than Oprah. It's brilliance. It's on Disney Plus. It's Minopause Revolution.
Speaker 2: And my special spot. You're part of the changing the conversation really does.
Speaker 3: Feel like a revolution. It feels like change is here and yeah, like there's this big momentum. It's brilliant. So Rage against the Menopause. The second series will be dropping last week of May, so we'll be talking about that more and more.
Speaker 2: As more and more and more, just more.
Speaker 3: I mentioned that NGV yay Kausama is the new well not so new. It's sort of halfway through, but it's been so popular it's been hard to get into it the NNGV. It's She's a Japanese immersive artist and it's this current exhibition at the MGV. It's been so popular that they've extended it and they've even sort of widened the opening hours, so on the weekends it's opened the galleries open from eight am, and some nights on the weekends, like Saturday nights, it's open till midnight, just to get the volume of people through.
Speaker 1: A huge praise.
Speaker 3: Brilliant and again, like with Gordy, the gallery does it so well for all ages, beautiful girlies, so they break it. There's obviously the mainstream sort of you know, exhibitions, but then they also have a little blurb for children that simplifies so they can understand what it is they're looking at and the meaning of it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I go through out galleries, I actually think I need the kids me too.
Speaker 2: Well, our crouch down and read that because the adult stuff goes over my head sometimes.
Speaker 3: But you'll get some brilliant photos for your socials.
Speaker 2: That's what my weekends, just grabbing stuff, just grabbing stuff from a socials, you know, pumping up the grams. All right, we'll take it right. We'll come back with Jack's double thumbs up. Christian Connall Show podcast, Christian O'Connell Show, Friday morning. We're doing double thumbs up. We share the things we're into at the moment. Jackie boy, what have you been enjoying.
Speaker 1: We're getting these new home delivery meals called fair Feed, and they freshly cooked meals. You might get three of them at a time and you stick them in the fridge and then you heat them up over the next few days.
Speaker 2: For young parents like you, guys. What a gift.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Bianca did help me. We were getting them, but I forgot and then last night she heated one up and I came home from pilates and I'm eating it. And I thought she cooked it, and I went overboard. I was like, honestly, you are the best cooked. This is just so so good, and she's out of interest. She let me go on, so a few more bites like this, you've done yourself. This is one of the best things you've made, until she told me that this is one of those.
Speaker 2: Ready meal and you said it on the best things ever.
Speaker 1: Well, compliments done yourself. So they are brilliant fairy. I think they're a little business here in Melbourne that you order once a week. You look at them and you can order off it and they deliver it to your house. And then you know what I'm going to start doing. Because Biancle watches way more TV shows than me. I asked her last time, so do.
Speaker 2: You prefer to read in if you've got a bit of downtown, what will you do?
Speaker 1: I'll read, yeah, and I'll play chess. And because we have, we pretty much got a p a system. Now where to Gordy eats dinner. I'll give him a shower, she does the dishes, then she reads him some books and then I go and live with him now because for some whatever reason, to take her to sleep. So she watches stuff, while she's.
Speaker 2: Do you get nervous about bedtimes?
Speaker 1: No, I'd like hanging out in there with him, especially because she gets the mornings with him, so I.
Speaker 2: Love that. Were My favorite times when the girls were younger was nighttimes.
Speaker 1: So she's watching way more. So I said, you know what I'm going to ask you each week?
Speaker 2: Recommend All right, So Jack's wife, so.
Speaker 1: She's got two recommendations. The new Seth Rogan show that's on Apple Plus is called The Studio.
Speaker 2: Laugh Out Loud Funny. I'm about three episodes in. It's got like amazing cameos. Martin school Sacy is in the first episode and he is really as a guest star.
Speaker 1: So what is It's about making movies in Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. It's like you know what Ricky Jerbanks did with extras for the actually one, Seth Rogan is doing this for movie making. So he's just someone got fired. And Seth is the head of a big studio that makes movies. He's in way over his head and he's a coward. Is he loves making movies, but obviously he has to make decisions which are anti you know, visionaries and auteurs. So the first episode was him trying to ruin a Mark Scoro Sacy movie, which is really Mark scor Saceyviely, I don't want the world's great directors. Very funny as an actor in it. Third episode is Ron Howard. Ah though it's really really it's very funny and seth Rogen has got such a great comic timing as well. There are only half hour episodes, which right now for comedy shows that we're talking about Hacks. The other day onstand is Brilliant Ye.
Speaker 1: The other one she's watching, which is on Netflix is Toxic Town.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is a British show by the same writers who wrote Adolessons Writers.
Speaker 2: Lessons and must be really good. She's loving that great all right, We got the news headlines. Coming up next The Christian O'Connell Show podcast