Speaker 1: Are the pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: Brady, your work, our windows done, my world risen the dust only good Babs all I've don't march, but yeah, our big get and what our it don't mattle?
Speaker 3: Where this is the pickup?
Speaker 4: Happy Monday afternoon everybody, It is the pickup with Britt Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 3: What did you forget?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 6: We worked?
Speaker 3: For a second. I was like to pick up with what's your name again? That's my name?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: I had the time of my life this past weekend.
Speaker 3: The F one was on. In case you guys missed it, I know it's been everywhere, like.
Speaker 1: On socials, on sports channels, on the news, like it's all we've been talking about.
Speaker 3: In Australia.
Speaker 1: Well, they had the record numbers this year to the F one in Melbourne, nearly half a million people.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Well we were two of those people that were there. We had very different experiences.
Speaker 1: Britt was in the Red Bull tan getting whined and dyed, and I had.
Speaker 4: My kids and I was on a ferris wheel, so different. We had pole opposite weekends. Both were great.
Speaker 1: I did get this money can't buy experience where the head of Australian Red Bull said, Hey, do you want to go into the garage And this is where Max Verstappen was going to be coming in and out and doing the tire changes and all that cool stuff. And Max is like a four times world champion and I was like, oh, my actual.
Speaker 3: Boy and just be a flying on the war in the garage. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So essentially I reckon I could be an F one mechanic right now.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Really but it was it was incredible.
Speaker 4: Well, the views from the Fairest we were really good, brit Okay, I could see the whole race course from up there.
Speaker 3: Kids changes a lot, it really does. We did.
Speaker 4: Actually, I had a really cute moment as well. We took Marley and my oldest daughter to go and see Tones and I it was the very first concept that she's ever been to and it was she went to the Wingles No. But it was the first adult concept of like a you know, an adult pop star and it was really special. It was like a real kind of milestone moment, I think, and like a real core memory for her that she got to go and see her favorite artists and sing.
Speaker 3: Along to those songs. It was cool. It was very cute. Well, let's get into the show.
Speaker 1: Just when you think maths Married at First Site can't get any worse, it does.
Speaker 3: It shuts us up real quick and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, you thought we were already cooked, We're about to be more cooked.
Speaker 3: There are all these rumors going around.
Speaker 1: Now this hasn't happened on the show, but everyone's talking about them. It's been released by a quote unquote insider that there's the biggest twist to ever happen on Married at First Site.
Speaker 3: It's never happened before. So what it is. It's a new.
Speaker 1: Challenge called is the Grass Always Greener? And what they do is they've given all of the maps contestants who are now they're so deep in the show, they're with their partners. They give them an envelope that has their backup spouse on it and they say, this is the person you are almost matched with. Do you want to see it? Do you want to meet this person? And they're asking them this question in a private room, so their partners don't know if they decide to meet them or not. So you don't know if your partner has said yes to meeting theirs. You don't know if you should say no to maintain your relationship integrity, or you don't know if you should say hey, should I just say yes? In case my partner says yes, I saw this.
Speaker 4: And also that's said that this has been the undoing of so many relationships, so obviously a lot of people have opened the envelope to check. We disagree, but I have strong feelings about this. If you have made the commitment to be in this relationship, if you are riding stay on that couch every day and someone hands you an envelope that says here could be a better match for you and you open it, you are clearly not that invested with your partner, And if you choose to open it, it is either you don't have a very high emotional EQ or secondly, it's a pretty clear indication about how that person feels about your relationship. So if your partner's going to open that envelope, I would be riding leave the next time I'm on the couch.
Speaker 1: Maths does not scream invest it. This show is a train wreck. It is not like The Bachelor or these other really wholesome dating shows. This show is constantly challenging relationships. I think firstly, this shouldn't even be a challenge. It's setting them up for failure. It's like Maps is saying, we genuinely do not want successful couples. But what I will say is I'd be pretty damn curious if I was on a show like this.
Speaker 3: Pretend that I am the.
Speaker 1: Really genuine person, right, I genuinely want to find love on it. You're two months in, You're with a partner who seems to be fine, they're great, you get along. If somebody came to me three experts and said, hey, we put so much time and effort into trying to find your soulmate in your perfect match. This is the person that we thought was pretty close but almost might not.
Speaker 3: Have made it. I'm going to tell you I'd be curious. I know you'd be curious.
Speaker 4: But my thing is is I don't think that you can blame the experiment for putting these types of obstacles in place that people are failing. So no, because the reality is you've got to take some personal responsibility. If you open that envelope, you have to know that it's going to hurt your partner. You have to know that when your partner finds out that the curiosity of finding out who was better than them is going to hurt their feelings and that maybe they weren't to.
Speaker 3: Be with you anymore.
Speaker 4: So for me, I'm like, you can blame it on the experiment throwing spanners at you, but life is gonna throw temptation at you at every point.
Speaker 1: It's different because in real life is the grass always greener? Means there could be someone walking down the street that you're like, well, they're hot. There could be someone online on Instagram, the post bikini photos, they're the temptations. This is different. These are three professionals that are saying they scoured Australia.
Speaker 3: To find your perfect match.
Speaker 1: So if you are genuinely like, oh I really want to find love, they come to you dangling n Carrott saying this could literally be your soulmate because we put so much of our resources, time and energy into it.
Speaker 3: As if you're not going to be like, oh what if they're the more most perfect person for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally, But also brute, keep in mind it was the second choice.
Speaker 3: It was the person that.
Speaker 4: They thought was the backup to the person that they thought was perfect.
Speaker 1: Yes, but these contestants know the people that they have chosen are to make a TV show.
Speaker 3: The people that are chosen by maths, we all know when they feel the person in that envelope is to make a TV show.
Speaker 1: But the reason he wasn't chosen or she wasn't chosen he's probably too normal and they weren't.
Speaker 3: Going to cause enough.
Speaker 1: No, you know how reality TV were now they cast for drama.
Speaker 4: I think about this from my own experience, and maybe the reason why I kind of feel more strongly about it is because, you know, doing The Bachelor and meeting my husband on that show, I know that sometimes it does work out right, like we are a rare success story, but it did happen. I imagine if I had gotten three quarters of the way through the experiment of The Bachelor, if they had come to me and said, hey, do you know what. You're still competing against five other girls at the moment, but we have another guy who we think could be perfect for you.
Speaker 3: Do you want to meet him?
Speaker 4: There's no way I would have said yes to meeting him, because I was so sure that there was something special about my relationship with Matt that I wouldn't have jeopardized it. Because they don't think the grass is greener and so I think for me, when I see this, it is a really clear indication as to where these couple stand and whether they're going to make it in the real world or not. It's just fast track them to the breakup that was clearly inevitable.
Speaker 3: I so disagree. Anyway, we got to get out of it. I'm opening the envelope.
Speaker 4: Soz if I'm on Maths and you're getting broken up with your single for ten years on the Bachelor, I couldn't even get it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm time a hundred pcent open in the envelope. Luckily I'm getting married anyway.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you, Britt having children, they're a real liability.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a weekly conversation with the art they are.
Speaker 4: And also they are very expensive, but not for the reasons that you might think.
Speaker 3: Like obviously, people are like, okay, school fees and putting clothes.
Speaker 4: On their back and feeding them, you know, keeping them alive, doing extracurricular activities, like all.
Speaker 3: That stuff's expensive.
Speaker 4: The thing that you don't think about is how much money you spend on the stuff that they lose.
Speaker 3: Now, something happened on the weekend we were away.
Speaker 4: My husband and I we went away to the Formula one and we were staying at a lovely hotel, and we decided that we would take the girls. Now Matt when he sleeps here, because my husband wears like quite a bit of jewelry. So he wears his cuffs, he.
Speaker 3: Has dark necklaces, he's got his big diamonds.
Speaker 4: No, but he's got jewelry that he wears, and he would take it off at nighttime and he puts it beside the bed usually, And it was the night before we were going to check out, so he took off all his jewelry, put it up beside the bed. We got up in the morning, we went for breakfast. We decided we'd have a little swim before we checked out. And now checkout time was at ten am, So about fifteen minutes before we have to check out, Matt goes over to the side table.
Speaker 3: To put on his jewelry and everything's there.
Speaker 4: He's putting it on, and then he realizes that one thing's missing.
Speaker 3: The wedding ring. His wedding ring. Oh my god. He couldn't have been like the chain with the cross on. It couldn't have been anything else. But no, my children are attracted to diamonds. They're like little bower birds.
Speaker 4: So he's like, oh my god, my wedding ring's not here. And firstly he thinks did the cleaner take it? Like that's crazy, So that was his first thought, not the three and four year old.
Speaker 3: And then he turned around.
Speaker 4: He looked at my children five and four, mind you, so they should know better.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and he was like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, Marley May and we sat them down and he did this like kind interrogation and he was like, hey, did either of you pick up daddy's ring?
Speaker 3: And Mary was like, Lola did it?
Speaker 4: Her number one at the moment is to blame everything on her sister, even though she is one hundred percent complicit.
Speaker 1: No, Marley at five, wouldn't she She did?
Speaker 4: So Marley took the ring, gave it to her sister. Her sister is four. Lola, you cannot get any right rhyme or reason out of that kid. She will not tell you the truth. She won't tell you what she's done with it. She was just like, well, I don't know. And then we were like, hey, Lola, where did you put it?
Speaker 3: She was like, well, I don't know, but she knew she'd had it. She just could not remember what she'd done with it. Anyway.
Speaker 4: We walked out to the bed and she was like, I was just playing with it around here, guys, like around.
Speaker 3: This general area.
Speaker 4: We had to check out in fifteen minutes. We checked out two and a half hours late because we spent two and a half hours ripping the bedroom apart trying to find Matt's wedding ring.
Speaker 3: Where was it?
Speaker 4: We eventually found it and it was just by absolute stroke of luck. So I totally stripped the bed of everything, and Matt was like, I'm just going to put the mattress up off the bed. So he pulled the mattress up and it had fallen down between the mattress and the BedHead and there it was just slotted down there like it had fallen into.
Speaker 3: Like a little money slot. His wedding ring. Thank god we found it. It's probably not sure either, knowing you, of course not. That's not sure.
Speaker 4: But I want to know, Okay, have your kids lost something that was very important to you, because this stuff happens way more than what you would think. We've got Tom on the line, Tom, what did your kids lose?
Speaker 6: My little three year old daughter lost my passport two days before I had to fly out to my brother's wedding in London.
Speaker 3: Oh, like, god, where did she put it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: But like what happened it? Was it gone completely? Or did you find it somewhere?
Speaker 6: We managed to miraculously find it. We tore the house to pieces and found that she had buried it in a board game box in one of our culins. I don't know how we managed to find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would you even think to go through that?
Speaker 6: Once we found it, it had also been completely graffiti.
Speaker 1: Oh so, hang on, did you get to your brother's wedding?
Speaker 6: We did just luckily she used text over the face part, but that came off really well, and there was all pen through the rest of it. But that didn't matter as much.
Speaker 3: I didn't see she literally drew in your face.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it was crazy And yeah, we realized that she basically found it, graffeeded it, and then went to bury the evidence so that when she went and hit it into the board game and even.
Speaker 4: At three, they know what they're doing. She was like, I need I need to hire the evidence. I've got to put it somewhere there. Mum and dad will never find it, and then I'll deny everything. They know they're smart. Thanks Tom, Mikayla, Hi Mikayla, What did your kids lose?
Speaker 5: My three year old misplaced my keys inside a bag of stuff toys inside of Salvos. No, it took an entire three hours and the entire store of workers and other random shoppers helping out because nothing is in order in a Salvo so to try and find it, I had no idea. I could not leave the store without my car keys. How did show that they were found? But it took half a day.
Speaker 1: How did you know that she'd put it into the Savo's bag? Like, how did you know that it was in there? Or did you just just take it a punt?
Speaker 5: I was delivering good so my hands were full walking into the store, So for some silly reason, I decided to let her carry the keys and then she walked around and put them in a bag.
Speaker 3: You're so lucky you got those back.
Speaker 5: So I was left in the store going where are my keys? Where are my keys? Trying to not have a melt down at her while she was going I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why do they have like two second memories? She did know? They know becaule. Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Question, do you think it's okay to fake a proposal in a restaurant purely in hopes of getting like free drinks or a free dessert or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's ballsy.
Speaker 4: I don't hate it, though, because everybody has been at a dinner table where someone's faked birthday or faked some sort of celebration to try and get maybe free cake, maybe free little slice and cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also not a wedding. Okay, hang on, let me just set this up.
Speaker 1: There's a couple going viral online at the moment for going on a holiday to Honolulu, and they were they were in this beautiful restaurant, like, it's stunning.
Speaker 3: It's got a really nice ambience. One might say it's the perfect place to propose.
Speaker 1: No, I'd be devoted if I got proposed there, I'd be shouted. I don't want to get proposed in that restaurant.
Speaker 3: Pure such hard work.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if you propose to me in this restaurant in front of a hundred people over my cordon bleu. Yeah, I'm not frobbing it, alleged cordon bleu. So what happened was everyone's having that beautiful meal and then the husband, oh sorry, the now fiance gets down on one knee, causes this big scene proposes to his partner.
Speaker 3: She says, oh my god. Yeah, she's ecstatic. The restaurant goes wild.
Speaker 1: They're clapping, they're so happy for them, and they get engaged in this beautiful scene.
Speaker 3: Spoiler fake.
Speaker 1: They literally posted it to their social media. My husband fake proposed to us to get free drinks last night. Luffy fas left for face. Luffy Face four hundred and sixty two thousand likes. It's going off, but it's very divisive. There are a lot of people in the comments being like, wow, this is stealing from the restaurant.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be so proud that you post this to your people.
Speaker 1: I consider this theft to seeing people is not to seeing people is not throwing it you think it is.
Speaker 4: I like that they have such a similar sense of humor that they can do this stuff and find it funny, and they're both on the same page, like, that's the funny experience that they both went to this restaurant pretended to.
Speaker 3: They got one two margaritas.
Speaker 1: Who cares when the restaurant patrons were buying them.
Speaker 3: Other people that were there were like, this is so sweet.
Speaker 1: I will spend my hard earned holiday money on this couple to celebrate their love when it was fake.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'm the first person to put my hand up. Have I faked an anniversary or a birthday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 3: So why do you draw the line at a proposal? Is it clear? Why does it feel more sacred?
Speaker 1: I just feel like it's too much, like it takes away from the sweet geshes of proposals all over the world, makes a mockery of marriage. Not that I'm religious, I don't know. For me, there's a line and they crossed it. For me, the line is like, if you want to drink, fake that it's your birthday, Say it's your anniversary, SA's your honeymoon?
Speaker 3: Okay? Hear me out.
Speaker 4: Though, girls will pretend to be single in bars to get drinks from guys and they're not. They're then or they pretend to be interested in men that they're not interested in to get drinks.
Speaker 3: Why is that okay? And why is that totally fine?
Speaker 4: But this couple getting two margaritas from a patron and it being like, you know, a funny moment that they shared.
Speaker 3: So outraged, I just have kinded to the patriarchy. I know. I agree it's time for us to get even.
Speaker 1: We don't even get paid the same amount. That's why men have to buy us a drink.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, I'm not raging. I'm not raging about any of this.
Speaker 4: I think it's relatively harmless, and I think the amount of vitriol that they're receiving for doing it. My only thing is is like I feel like at the moment, it's more so the case that everything is content.
Speaker 3: They've captured this and put.
Speaker 4: This on their social media because they're clearly content creators. They clearly are doing stuff for engagement, and guess what, it worked.
Speaker 3: They got the engaged that they wanted.
Speaker 4: But I would dare say that a lot of people have said, you know, when they booked a restaurant, have said, oh, it's a special occasion so that they could get a nicer table, or they've faked a birthday so that they could, you know, get a free piece of cake.
Speaker 3: I don't know it. Listen to the time of backfight on me.
Speaker 1: So I was at the circusile and I thought you'd get free drinks, and my friends and I all thought you'd get free drinks if it was your birthday, because they had said we'd been told ahead that they ask people if it's their birthday. So they said, is there anyone's birthday today? And my friends all pointed to me and so I just blent in.
Speaker 3: They were like, yeah, it's her birthday.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yess my birthday, like so embarrassed, like pretending thinking that we'd all get free rounds of drinks, and instead they pulled me up on the stage and I had to do like.
Speaker 3: Circus acts and stuff instead of everyone. At the end, I was like, Wow, this would really backfight. Didn't get a drink.
Speaker 1: This is why you're dirty about it because the one time you lied, you got pulled up and had.
Speaker 4: To do some acrobats, whereas this couple got two margaritas.
Speaker 3: I had to climb a rope. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's all this comes down to. This is just like a deep set trauma.
Speaker 1: I you think, do it if you want, if it's your birthday and your anniversary, but don't take away from the magic of Propose was a marriage said.
Speaker 4: From the person who recently got proposed to who clearly feels more strongly about it.
Speaker 3: Real, real proposal, Thank you very much. All right, well look that isn't it from US today, guys,