Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 3: Baby Worth our windows done. That's my world. Reason the dust only good, babs all down.
Speaker 4: I don't much, but yeah, I'm not our big get and what I want it don't matter where.
Speaker 5: This is the.
Speaker 3: Pickup Happy Friday. It's the pick up with Britt Hockley.
Speaker 4: And Laura brn I think you'd say happy frye.
Speaker 3: You might, I might not.
Speaker 4: No, it is a fry A. Guess who released a new Songttany this morning, Miley sor I definitely didn't Brittany's wrong with Me with You?
Speaker 3: It was Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 2: I literally just read it on our prep notes and then my brain went Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: Miley Cyrus. It's been a hot second since she's released a song, but she did release one this morning, and it is called End of the World. We are gonna play it for you. Personally, I love it. I love Miley. I think she's an absolute vibe and it's because she's got an album coming out later this year, something beautiful, so she's like drip feeding.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we'll for you guys next, But I have a question for you. How long do you think is too long to send a like, hey, how you being?
Speaker 4: Text?
Speaker 3: Are you hit?
Speaker 1: Not long?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Does this match? I? One's hard on Tinder?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I got a message from a guy who I would not call it dating.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, hangs and bangs. I just got a very random text from him out of nowhere popped.
Speaker 3: Up, Hey are you being?
Speaker 4: How long are we talking?
Speaker 3: Fourteen years?
Speaker 4: Yep? Well, I can tell you fourteen years is too long?
Speaker 3: Fourteen years?
Speaker 2: Do you think he's just become single or do you think something happened in his life, like, hey, how you been?
Speaker 4: Maybe he was just thinking about you? Why you are everywhere at the moment?
Speaker 3: What have you been doing?
Speaker 2: Just had to a couple of kids, got married? We're not a reality TV show.
Speaker 4: Did you write back?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna write back. I feel like there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Much to say, or there's too much to say that I can't say it in technic.
Speaker 4: Were just right back?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: Or thumbs up? Just put a thumb up? Passive aggressive, being busy?
Speaker 2: Surely though, Like you know, you have people that you match with on Tinder and then it's been a while, like the conversation's going great, then you goes to them because you get over it. How long until you can send them another message and be like, hey, sorry, I goes, did you I'm bad?
Speaker 4: I did that once. I had organized date with this guy and then I just we just faded out, weren't interested. And then two years later I didn't have a lot going on, and I saw the conversation was still in there, and I was just like, how about that drink? And I was like, yeah, right, and that's too long, okay. I have actually been dying for an update. You've been talking earlier in the week about how your smallest daughter, Lola or I finally call her Lola Derby. You've been talking about her being an absolute nightmare in your bed.
Speaker 3: No, nothing's changed.
Speaker 2: So Lola's four for anyone who's not familiar. So at nighttime she gets into my bed every night. We're at the point now where I say good night to her and I'll be like, see you in the morning, sweetheart, and I give you a little kiss, and she goes, na, mummy.
Speaker 3: See you soon, and she just.
Speaker 2: She gets up at midnight, wanders through the dark, climbs into my bed and then she sleeps horizontally across it and to the point now where Matt gets out, he goes and sleeps in the spare room.
Speaker 4: It also sounds so calculated and evil, like see you soon, Like she knows. She's like, I'm not going to wait for a nightmare or I'm not gonna wait to wake up. I'm just gonna literally like I'll pretend to go to sleep for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: That it's every single night clockwork. My child's body clock is midnight mum's room.
Speaker 4: Well, you have been talking about this. I mean you and I have been friends for a very long time and this has been an issue from as long as I can remember. And recently I saw a pediatrician online. His name is doctor Gollie, and he was going pretty viral for his sleep technique. He says he's a sleep expert for like unsettled babies and really helping distraught families like yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm not restaught, I'm just tired.
Speaker 4: So I've got him on the phone because I figure doctor Gollie is going to be able to help you where I can't. Doctor Gollie, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: Now you're going viral for this camp out method. Can you explain what this is?
Speaker 5: It's really, to say, not a rip off the band aid method. It's a slow way of getting kids to sleep through the night in their own room. If the issue is they have created a little bit of a shall we say, unhealthy or unwarranted in Laura's case, attachment to mum or.
Speaker 2: Dad or both, I mean feeling personally victimized here unhealthy also.
Speaker 3: But okay, how does this work?
Speaker 2: Because we've tried, We've tried a few different things, and like, what do you tried Laura telling her to stay in her own bed, locking her.
Speaker 3: In there, putting the pad locks. She just finds her way back.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter where I am, because like I'll move, I don't always sleep in my own bed. Sometimes I sleep in the spare room. She's just like I find you, and she comes through the night and then I hear a little footsteps down the hallway and there she is, like a dementor, next to the bed in the dark.
Speaker 5: I think the really important thing to note is that if it's not a problem for you, it's the problem you don't want this, But for all your listeners, if it's not a problem, and if you kind of like it, and a lot of parents you say to me, you know, this is such a short period of time when the kids you know are young and they're cute and cuddly and their little koalas and want that. I love that. Then there's absolutely nothing I'm healthy about it. It's not I don't want anyone to feel like they have to make this change. If they're really happy with co sleeping or kids coming into the night in the middle of the night, it's absolutely totally fine. It's healthy, not an issue. But if you maybe want your own bed, your own space without kids coming in the middle of the night, it is definitely something you can fix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say when she was younger, because she used to be a really good sleeper, and so when she was younger it didn't bother us, like we were quite happy to have a climb in the bed and should sleep between us. But now that she's older, she just kind of motors around and so someone ends up getting kicked in the back or kicked in the side. But this method that you're speaking of, the camp out method, I mean, Bridge shown me a little bit about it, and I have my questions because I'm not convinced it's going to work in our household?
Speaker 4: What are you doing in the camp out method? Where does Laura start?
Speaker 5: So it takes anywhere from one week to four weeks, depending on how quickly you want to actually maneuver this method. But essentially you put a life in her bedroom, in her bed where you intend for her to sleep the way you're currently doing it. But then at the same time you go to bed in the same room. So you actually move a single mattress into her room, and you both sleep through the night together in that same room, but in separate beds. And the summary of the method is that ever so slowly you move that mattress closer and closer to the door, eventually on the other side of the door in the hallway, and then again you inch it every night or two further away until eventually it's in the corridor, and then magically just returns to your own bedroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, my fear is that this is an absolute stitch up and we will both be sleeping in a trundle bed in the hallway.
Speaker 3: That's what I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Because she will just come, she will just come to me, She'll get out of her bed and walk across the room.
Speaker 4: Do you think this is a foolproof method, doctor Gollie, Like, do you think obviously Laura might be at you said two to four weeks, she might be at the full week. You might edge up the hallway for a month Laura. But do you think is full proof that any child, any relationship with a parent, this can work for them.
Speaker 5: There's no such thing as full proof when it comes to pediatrics. But the more you set yourself up for success, the more likely you are to succeed. So we have to sort of unpick what it is with all. Is she worried about something in particular? Is there a dog barking? Is something waking her and making her unsettled? Is it just the temperature change that happens at midnight and that's why she's waking up? You know, we can use positive reinforcements, So it might be a reward chart that you build up towards a gift or an experience with mum and dad and Mary, whatever it may be. It's almost like you have to have the stars aligned and then you can implement the camping out method if you need to. But she's probably just seeking that connection, that reassurance that mummy is close by, the other thing that you know as a pediatrician, I can't help but think of is especially if you notice when she's coming into your bed at nighttime and she's tossing and turning. Do we actually have a sleep problem? Like do we need to explore her sleep and maybe her airway? There's so many different parts for this puzzle.
Speaker 4: Have you actually about Laura, like genuinely have you asked her why she comes in? Like have you tried to get to the bottom of like if she's hot, is she having nightmares or terrors or just she just want to be with you?
Speaker 2: She she just says she just wants to be cuddled. She wants to be in bed with us and have a cuddle.
Speaker 4: So could you get one of those huge pit like a pregnancy pillow, like one of those ones that wraps around her or something. Well, I think that we can give this a go, Laura. I think you need to put what doctor Gollie has said into practice. This is for yourself. I'm not doing it for me. I'm not doing it for the content. I'm doing it purely because I want to help you have a better night.
Speaker 2: Sleep and I will be the sacrificial am. Oh, look, we'll report back and see how this works.
Speaker 5: You can throw Maddie under the bat so you can do it.
Speaker 3: Nah, she doesn't want a dad, She only wants me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she screams at him get out of my room at a time if he goes. So she's definitely got some mad parental preference happenings.
Speaker 4: Like you need to make an appointment to come and see me.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you so much for joining the show. I appreciate the help.
Speaker 5: I need all of it, the mob anytime.
Speaker 4: So my fiancee, Ben lives overseas. He lives in Italy, and I am going to see him next week. I am ecstatic. I'm seen him since Christmas, so I am I'm beside myself with excitement. And if you've been following along for a while, you'll know that, like one to two weeks out, I start to do what we call peacocking. A peacock myself, I preen myself. I get myself ready to see my partner because I quite let myself go for a couple of months in between this.
Speaker 3: I've seen the peacocking in action.
Speaker 2: Usually it goes well, you kind of like let yourself go for two months and then it's like a good three weeks of just like hey, eyebrows wax lis up.
Speaker 4: Every go like who is she? Who is she?
Speaker 2: Although that hasn't happened at all because you've just been training you absolute assolef for dancing with the stars, so like you're fine, you don't need peacock.
Speaker 4: Well, this peacock has pea flopped. That's what I will say. The peacock is pea flopped. So the last two weeks I tried to start getting myself back on track, and I'm also pre pre cocking, like it's a double peacock because my wedding is coming up, so I'm like putting even more peacocking in. I have had a couple of fails one after the other. So I was getting a face laser the other day, which if you don't know what that is, it's just like a regeneration thing. There's multiple lasers you can get rid of. It helps with fine lines and collagen. And this is not an AD, but it's like if you wanted to get rid of pigmentation. There's so many different things. So I get it just like a resurfacing I've planned it a few months out from my wedding, and I've had it before. But when I was getting it now, she blames me. She slipped with the laser. I say she slipped. She said, I was a wriggly worm.
Speaker 3: No one's wiggling around when they're getting laser. They're just not well because I.
Speaker 4: Have my eyes closed because you have to wear something over your eyes. You can't see. You're going in there blinds.
Speaker 3: You just lay there. It's lay still. You're not moving around well.
Speaker 4: She said that I was a wriggly little worm. She goes like that and my eyes are closed, and I was like, oh what She's like, You're a rigglar little worm, an't you? And I was like, sorry, what you like?
Speaker 3: I was asleep, I was dead steal.
Speaker 4: And then I could smell something, you know, the smell of like burning hair.
Speaker 3: I don't you.
Speaker 2: Don't need to describe me because I can see what happened.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm across what happened.
Speaker 4: She lased my scalp, layser my hairline. I feel like it's like a twenty cent piece. So like if you follow my hairline, it goes in and it's lasered. Off. It doesn't singe, it bald, like that part is gone, the hair is gone.
Speaker 2: I think she just had the laser pointing. Do you know how you move it around it's directional.
Speaker 3: I think she was just.
Speaker 2: Pointing a little bit too far on that side. And then now there's a cute little.
Speaker 4: Ball spot there. Well, it's funny one person against the other. I said, I wasn't a worm. She said I was, so I can smell it. And she's like, it doesn't matter, like it's fine, Like it's not forever. It grows back. And I said, I understand, it grows back. I'm getting married very soon. She's like, yeah, it'll be growen by then. It's at the front of my hairline above my eye. And I said, all you're gonna see is like two centimeters because it's like you've shaved a You'll be rolling back from ball and.
Speaker 3: Then you have to just keep shaving that spot.
Speaker 4: No, now I'm gonna have to slip down a fringe. I just bought it's right here. I bought a clipin fringe.
Speaker 2: I have a friend that is extreme, Brittany.
Speaker 3: It is a tiny little patch. You don't need a clip in fringe.
Speaker 4: It's too late. I already got it.
Speaker 2: It's the most dramatic thing I've ever heard. Hang on, clip the fringe in show us what it looks like. Did you did most people even know this that you can buy a fringe that completely just clips onto your hair.
Speaker 4: Goot too, you hear unapacket and basically you I'll take them to my hairdresser tomorrow. They'll dye of them color match, and keep your eye on this space or this face because I'm going to put it in. So then a week later I'm getting skin needling. Now I've realized there is a theme here, Yes there is. I'm really prepping myself and I have had skin needling, which is like micro needles on my skin. I've had that so many times. It's fine like that afternoon, your face is completely normal. It's like acupuncture. A little bit red, though not even in the afternoon. Two hours it's done.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on how deep the needles are. Some people get it done and it's red raw, and some people get it done and it's just a.
Speaker 3: Little bit red.
Speaker 4: I have had the biggest allergic reaction to the face kneedling. My whole face went up in like red lumpy, angry welts and it's been like that for four days.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I think it's because you might have introduced them back TOI into it. So either my friend, either the needles weren't clean or your face wasn't prepped properly. But I know, I know you've been on steroids and antibiotics for it.
Speaker 3: Your face looks fine.
Speaker 4: You need to tell everyone what else on the steroids for. I'm not getting jacked for my fiance band like, I'm not trying to be up.
Speaker 3: She's also trying to shretch it. She's on creatine too. What else are you doing for it?
Speaker 4: Are you everyone crazy? And it sounds like I'm in a bodybuilding con You're okay? No, I don't know what the lesson is here, but I've just had like one fail after the other, and I'm going to see Ben in just a couple of days.
Speaker 2: I think the lesson is just embrace yourself, embrace your natural beauty. If we can share anything on this show, it's love yourself for who you are.
Speaker 4: And maybe I need to stop fighting the aging. Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you can just join me. I've given up.
Speaker 4: Well, once I get married in a couple of months, I will let myself go. That's that's me done. But until I get to walk down that aisle and know that I've locked him down, I've just got to keep it up.
Speaker 2: It is time for little Wins of the week thanks to Chemists Warehouse, where you could win yourself five hundred dollars to spend at chemist Warehouse. Now we are looking for the small things that often go unnoticed in life, those little wins, not the big celebrations, but the little ones. And that's what we are bringing attention to. Now we have Ash on the phone. Ash, what's your little winn of the week? Hi?
Speaker 6: My little win is I have started reading.
Speaker 3: Again instead of reading it? What have you read?
Speaker 1: Funnily enough? I have We Love Love in my hands right now?
Speaker 3: Is this a boy?
Speaker 4: Is this you're trying to bribe us?
Speaker 6: No, it's literally in my hand right now.
Speaker 1: I actually go at a Vinnie store.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm glad it's making a secondround for anybody who doesn't know. We Love Love is the book that Britt and I wrote to two or three years ago.
Speaker 3: What chapter you want?
Speaker 4: What am I on right now?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 3: Just started it?
Speaker 5: I don't know I have it on my sticky note.
Speaker 6: Hold on, we're on gas lighting right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, so everyone could talk about all right, actually, wait there, we've got a couple of people on the line live.
Speaker 3: What was your little win of the week.
Speaker 6: Oh well, my little win is I smashed out cleaning the girls. I've got two little girls at home their wardrobes over the weekend. It was a massive job. I've had stuff in the cupboards sitting there for like two years. So I've tidied up all the wardrobes and I've gifted it to some friends that are expecting and drop the rest to the op shops for someone else to enjoy and have good memories. And we've had lots of good memories in some of those clothes lived.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I think is the most impressive part of that.
Speaker 2: It's I like to clean things out, but then I always leave the bags that go to the salvos in my car for about six months. I've got bags in my boot that have been in there for almost a year.
Speaker 4: So mind don't make it there. Mine go under the bed. And then I turned from heaved to the car. But I did clean out recently.
Speaker 6: I was on a war path. I was like, no, I'm cleaning it and they've got to go. So I donated the bags and their out. So that's a good feeling.
Speaker 4: Live.
Speaker 3: That's very impressive. Just hold the line.
Speaker 2: We've got someone else on the phone as well, Lenna. What's your little end of the week.
Speaker 1: Well, I had one of those, like ultra ultra annoying the pimples, and it was very very close to anxiously just picking it and making it a giant like moon crater, and I actually held off for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: So okay, well, I mean self control, well done. I don't have that self control. I even picked my husband's ill.
Speaker 1: Doesn't let me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and Matt is a big wars he cries about it.
Speaker 4: I don't like it because I don't like picking someone's pimple and then like their puss comes out on your fingers. It's gross.
Speaker 3: My husband.
Speaker 4: Does that make puss better?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But it's like I deal with his grossness every day. A bit of a pimple puss is not going to hurt me.
Speaker 4: What are the gross Fluidi? What do you talk about?
Speaker 3: Do you want to know?
Speaker 4: I am a't concerned about what else.
Speaker 3: You do with it is a good day. Alright, Look who are going to give it to?
Speaker 2: We've got with a ash, which was very convincing. I mean, it feels like it's a bit self indulgent, isn't it. Sorry to where we're indulging us. We love Love still available in probably all good vinies around the country is oh, we have live and we have Lana lived it a cleaner Lana.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, maybe you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to give to the book. All right, we've got ash there.
Speaker 2: Ash, you've just worn yourself a five hundred dollars cameras warehouse voucher.
Speaker 1: Oh yay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You know what they say, flattery will get you everywhere.
Speaker 4: And how much was the book at finished?
Speaker 2: Two bus I read, I rebe It was like two dollars or a dollar fifty or something?
Speaker 4: Is okay, we don't care as much. When you're finished, you give it back to a vinie so somebody else can benefit from our wives.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, it was five dollars, sorry more, that's.
Speaker 2: More expensive than it was at Kmar when it first came out.
Speaker 4: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Ash, Just wait until you get to the chapter on kings. You can have a great time great, alright, thanks so much, as you're so welcome