Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's tit delighting.
Speaker 1: That's an urban myth.
Speaker 4: Listen, have you heard the other shows? This is good. Flick around, you'll be.
Speaker 2: Back The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, it is Tuesday morning. I hope you had a great long weekend. Good morning, Patsy morning. The big thing I think people wonder this morning is is the baby news. Yes, there is baby news. Baby post born Friday evening, which is fantastic news. Mum baby baby son doing very well. We've seen the photos and Patsy. Oh he's just beautiful, leslexible. That's what you said about a dish aboutthing you gonna eat? Oh, he's so Patsy to the elector. It is a beautiful boy. I say this. Jack's poor wife. That is a very tall, long baby, isn't it. Oh he's a boy like he's two years old. Did they get their dates right?
Speaker 3: I was going to say that myself.
Speaker 4: But he's a small man.
Speaker 3: I know, he's like a toddler.
Speaker 4: He came out when a top hat and cane. That's got a heart. We didn't hear anything all day and even then when I saw the photo, the size of him like, no wonder.
Speaker 3: He did a marvelous job.
Speaker 4: When you were in Victoria, you must have heard the screams of that small man. He must have walked out. Tell me, wow, she's about three.
Speaker 3: I think I've got a bit offended because he I messaged him on Friday and he sent a photo and I said, how what did he weigh? I need to know what he weighed? And he said eight point eight eight pounds of eighth in the.
Speaker 4: Old eighty eight. That's his fighting weight.
Speaker 3: And I wrote back, wowsa ords was like five pounds or something, and he goes, yeah, but he was in there for forty one weeks, and I thought, oh, no, I've touched.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't mean anything though forty one weeks. If him in there forty nine months, i'd understand while small Russian man came out. But it is I'll tell you what. It's a beautiful baby. And not always they're just they're just perfect at.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's just beautiful.
Speaker 4: He does also you could here's Jack's son. He literally looks like slightly sort of distant gaze in his eyes, staring off into the four distance, wishing it was somewhere else. No, everyone is very well, and I love the name. Billy Joe Post is what they've gone for. It is, it is, Billy Joe Post is what they've gone for. Obviously, Billy Joe obviously his favorite lead singer them off in Green Day. So yeah, Billy Joe Post is the name of his son. It's a lovely, lovely name. So I sat messages with him yesterday.
Speaker 3: Just to see how he was going.
Speaker 4: They said, they're just enjoying the three of them in this lovely little bliss bubble they've gone. At the moment, he did say it's a bit chaotic, and I was like, yeah, get used to that now being forever and the rest of your life. And actually, Jackie Boy, it's great news. Really, I think we're all reallyved. Friday night we found out that the anchor was safe and some was there as well. He is a beautiful little boy. And now Jackie Boy has got a bigger thing on his hands. Now he has to live by these words, these beautiful words he wrote about two weeks ago on the show when he was impatiently waiting for his son to be born. Well, we said maybe you write a letter to your unborn son. Now Jackie Boy has to live these beautiful words.
Speaker 5: It's my first time being a dad, it's your first time being alive. You can ride up on my shoulders. I can see the world through your eyes, catching bugs, building sand castles, jumping in puddles, and skipping stones. Know that from now until forever, you will never be alone. Make jokes, make music, make mischief. Live your life with joy. Harbor big dreams for your future. But take time to be a boy. Start things before you feel ready, jump before where you see the landing. Life will open doors for those already standing. You'll take from books and art and music and people, anything that strikes a note. Take the parts you like of me, leave the ones you don't, and with an open heart and a curious mind, soak up everything. You can find your own definition of what it means to be a man.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Have it a great long weekends? We went to Marysville. Have you been there? Patson?
Speaker 3: So pretty loved it? Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We had an amazing time. That beautiful. The weather was great, but we went on so many hikes and walks. I saw Bruno Sculpture Garden, went to Stevenson's Falls. I did a couple of other walks as well. We couldn't get over how beautiful it was. Actually, Yeah, it's a magical place. Yeah. I loved Mary'sville. Thought it's very, very good. Now, how was Batman when we last spoke on Friday's break for the show. You were heading out on date night? He hadn't quite stepped up and shelled out for gold class?
Speaker 3: No, too tight?
Speaker 4: Oh so you're in coach.
Speaker 3: Definitely in coach.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know you're not the kind of lady that should be in coach.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Christian precisely right, No, I wouldn't fork out for gold class even though it was date night, general admission only and all cheers. I've got to say it goes on a bit, doesn't it?
Speaker 4: That movie three hours or so? What is it? Because I love the Dark Knight trilogy, right, I thought they were great, the three Christopher noa Ones, Christian Bell were amazing. But why is it three hours? What's he doing in it?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Gotham.
Speaker 3: There were so many opportunities to end the movie, and they.
Speaker 4: Just always a news journalist always knows they're out now, you're up to date. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Don't bang on unnecessarily like end it. That's it. We're happy, we'll leave, but just don't keep going on about it.
Speaker 4: But aside from the the ridiculous length of three hours, what did you what do you think of it?
Speaker 3: I didn't like it. I fell asleep in parts. Really it's not the look.
Speaker 4: How can you fall asleep these days with that surround sound? You mean moody kind of movie like that?
Speaker 3: No, quite easily. It was very it's very dark. It's shot well, it's Gothham at night mostly. I think there's like two day scenes with a bat. Here's a bat and bats come out at night.
Speaker 4: They're working hours, office back hours, a nighttime. That's your problem there.
Speaker 3: Okay, but Friday night's not good to have a date night because end of the week and you're really tired anyway, So that probably wasn't good.
Speaker 4: But and the scene problem you can drink in there in general admission? Is it that? What did you bring in a hit flash?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Of course I didn't, sure, not this time.
Speaker 3: No, I'm a classy lady.
Speaker 4: I said to the team, can you get the the movie score from the movie. This ain't it? This Saint Rabbit Pat Tutterson's sort of theme chow is ring tone. It's study for the old nineteen fifties. If only it was this, it might have been a bit more of an upbeat movie. So you hated it?
Speaker 3: I hated it.
Speaker 4: Are you doing that thing where you make it really clear you don't like it? Did you? So did Chris a couple of times? Are you actually enjoying this group? It's like my wife does just my wife goes, be honest with me. Don't just say what you want people to think. You will a weasel in this cramp.
Speaker 3: I'm squirming in my chair. And at one point, Christy, can you please sit still?
Speaker 4: Actually like it? Now? What did Chris think?
Speaker 3: He loved it?
Speaker 4: All right, let's have a listen to this. So this is Chris the worby Love God his review, same movie, Different chair, Morning Team, Morning everyone.
Speaker 7: Over the weekend, the current wife and I went to the pictures and we watched The Batman. I went in a little bit skeptical about how the young Robert Pattinson would go, because Batman's a very dark and serious character. But then I remembered Robert Pattinson got his brooding bona fides the Twilight Shows, so he's a very good brooder. Batman's young. He's only been on the Tools for a couple of years, so he's still learning his craft. He's still learning how to use all of his gear, and he makes a few mistakes along the way. And because he's still learning, he's all fist and all passion. But it's got all the typical Batman actions, the motorbikes, the batmobile. It's a very long movie overall, as Batman movies go, I'd probably give it a six out of ten. For my money, it's still Michael Keaton even and some people might not agree with this. I'd almost go as far to say as Ben Affleck is probably my favorite Batman. But for the role of this was a young Batman, only two years on the Tools, and I think it did pretty well.
Speaker 3: Christine really kind, Chris.
Speaker 4: I do the year six ten. They didn't put that on the Boosters six ten. He's been kind so when he done glut to a four. Michael Keaton is a act right, but he is no once favor a Batman.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm going on the lines now on nine four one four one o four three. Let's see if we can do the eight z of movie villains. By the way, Rio, you'll be in charge of the whiteboard night, Chackie boy in norny would where do we stand on? First name or surname goes up seventy five? We'll know when it happened quietly, so right, Darth Vader, where do you go? D or vs He? Mister Vader?
Speaker 8: He's mister Vader. Oh no, that's a that's a dark.
Speaker 4: I wish they would call him mister Vader's under means. Now, mister Vader, some very bad news most interrupted during your bath, right now, mister Vader, mister Vader, mister Vader. All right, Patsy, who are you going to kick us off? With their name?
Speaker 3: Movie villain from A I'm gonna put up Scar from Lion King.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, great one, I'm going to put up Let me do the impression, and then you two will know who this is immediately, So don't be alarmed. The baddie isn't here. They only getting scared. I'm still here, but for the medium of an impression, I will do this person. Nick Clan, Oh it sounds like it sounds like who it is? This is a bit awkward for you, guys. Let me try against sure, if you pinch your nose, it's easy to do it.
Speaker 3: Clan, I've got no idea.
Speaker 4: I have had Scramber.
Speaker 3: Oh, the die Hard.
Speaker 4: Sounds much more chilling than that is.
Speaker 3: No, it sounds more like play.
Speaker 4: With Nicknap from Fantasy. No it is. Let me just let me just let me just summon the late great Anna Rickman Nick Clean. Now, I don't know who that was.
Speaker 3: What's an insult to the I've lost it.
Speaker 4: I had it just now, guys, you've put me off.
Speaker 8: Maybe you get it back.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I Camerio McLean? Who is that now? I don't know who that is. It's Hans Gruber, just put hands.
Speaker 3: That is a good nomination, though.
Speaker 4: Nomena and the impression was crazy impression. Both of them are straight, and it was that for Angel g for mister Krueber.
Speaker 8: Hans, that's Hans Gruber.
Speaker 4: That's that's an h okay. This is all over the places. But the guy it normally is when Jackie Boy does it, so normal service is here, all right? So we need a movie villain from you.
Speaker 1: And Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We need movie villains. Think about the most terrifying movie villain you've ever seen in a movie. Give us their name for our a to z of movie villains. Rio. Who do we have so far?
Speaker 8: So far?
Speaker 4: We have Hans Gruber, McLean Na Timi in Plaza, must be in the building, Yes, he's here right now. Yeah, the great Anna Rickman, Hans Kruber, great buddy.
Speaker 8: And we have Scar from the Lion King.
Speaker 4: Awesome. All right, let's go to Joel. Good morning, Joel, there we go. I'm good, Joel. How was your long weekend?
Speaker 6: I came out of my isolation, so I didn't really enjoy it too much. But I wasn't to know.
Speaker 4: There want to go back in isolation? Or I did it like a little putch to torney Field. I couldn't wait once I'd done my time in isolation. I couldn't wait to get out there. Joe, what is your movie villain for us? Mate?
Speaker 6: I would like to think, considering the current situation, the world is even right there with our field part and whatnot? That the lawdy among us from that that's the rowboil.
Speaker 4: Yes, very good, I tell you what. Just driving two d hours away. The fuel is cheaper, Well, what are you Mary'sville? I felt like I wish I could have filled the car up a couple of times. Thank the fuel, it was cheaper. I don't know why. Why do we have to pay more here in our city? Slecker's got to pay more? Why are you going to got a cheap round?
Speaker 3: Should be the opposite where there's more competition.
Speaker 4: You got it, my friend. Anyway, let's put him up there. Thank you very much, Joel. Have a good week.
Speaker 6: Jeh uh.
Speaker 4: Andrea, good morning morning. How is your long weekend?
Speaker 9: It was speculous, Thank you very much yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, very nice time. Thank you, Andrew. And who's the most terrifying movie villain for you? Andrea? Which are the list?
Speaker 9: I'll get you my pretty and it's right.
Speaker 4: She's double evil now and she would hurt that charge. She's a kid. It's dog as well.
Speaker 10: I know it's bad, isn't it very bad?
Speaker 4: And yet we kids, I haven't been terrified by that movie. Take me out as a kid.
Speaker 9: I know those monkeys as well, monkeys terrifying.
Speaker 4: My monkey army as well. It's worst poocha when you think about it, Andrea, Andrea, that's a great one. Thank you very much. You have a good week. Bye, Mick. Good morning, Mick, Good morning, Good morning Mick. Now, Mick, which movie villain have you got?
Speaker 6: Doctor?
Speaker 4: Some girls put the pen off the ball? Frightening, he said, comedy villain?
Speaker 3: Funny?
Speaker 8: Still a movie?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, ain't have nightmares because of that. You have a nightmares. But what happened in my career? Is he going to do another follow up? So? I love God. Let's hope not Mick. Sorry, you can't get that one. Let's go to uh Graham, No, Graham here, what's wrong? Bet can't take a joke? Very very good, Graham, ten out of ten. Go for that.
Speaker 6: Thank you soon, and congratulations to congratulations to the big young man just coming into everyone's line.
Speaker 4: Is his hands Gruber?
Speaker 3: Do you do voiceovers.
Speaker 6: A long time ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was gonna say you should you very Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's good. Please give us that joker again. Go on, Grahame. It also sounds like Ricky Gervasi's laugh. Ricky Gervas will make a great in the next Batman movie. That's what they lacked in that new Batman movie. A lack of lolls, not enough lolls. In there. Yeah, Graham, thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day. No a right, just come on, come on, we're too fair jack ass, that kind of lack of profession so perfect. Just keep it, keep it like that for the rest of this week. It'd be like he's here.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Coming up after seven o'clock. Some amazing entries finishes today Footyoki will announced to win it tomorrow. So many every single hour of the weekend there were these brilliant new entries coming in Footy Ookies where we're excited about the return of Footy tomorrow night tomorrow come even going to the g tomorrow night Doggies versus D's Goats. And we're asking you to pick a song, any song you want then and write about put your own lyrics about your club to song that's a great ones to play during the next hour. We do them after seven.
Speaker 11: Right now, though, think about the most terrifying movie villain and then call us up on nine four one four, one four three so we can put them on our Eights of Movie Villains rio.
Speaker 4: So far we have we have Hans Gruber, Nick Lan Joker can't do him lord umongous, can't do him. Sca a Gilbert Vasa can't do him.
Speaker 8: We can reach of the west.
Speaker 4: Haja, younger, I'll get you my pretty Wow, she chakes it now, Well done, Patsy, All right, what have you got for us? Ninety four one four one oh four three bonus prizes for impressions. First onrning, we've got Young George's on the nine. Good morning, Georgia, Hi Georgia, what are you doing up so early?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't have school today, so I'm at my dad's work.
Speaker 4: I see. Yeah, my youngest daughter, right, she's fifteen. She's got day off today as well, some curriculum days. That what you've got? Yeah, don't come back to tomorrow. But Paul, you you don't have a like you can't lie into bed. You've actually come to work with your old man with dad. It's that good fun. They're going to work with dad. You're not doing that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's my first time in it. It's I like it because it's peaceful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's peaceful. So what does what does your dad do?
Speaker 9: He's a fitter in turner.
Speaker 4: Fitter and turner. What do they do?
Speaker 9: To be honest, I'm not too sure, but I do know that he goes out to jobs and looks at machines.
Speaker 4: That's what he does for his jobbing, looks at machines. Man, stare at machines. What is your name of your great daddy? Sounds like an awesome dad, Georgia. But he's loving bringing you in today. What's his name?
Speaker 9: His name is Thomas.
Speaker 4: Thomas and you just call him dad?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I call him daddy.
Speaker 4: It's strange. You just don't forgretful to Thomas Thomas. What do you want to now? Got at two o'clock some machines? I think craigieburn to go and stare at Georgia. Who do you think is the most terrifying baddie in the world?
Speaker 9: Crowd Deville.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she's a good one. Yeah, very evil. And have you seen the new one on Dizzy, the new movie that came out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, that one.
Speaker 4: Very very good. Georgia. Have a great day to day. We'll send you at price. Thank you for calling the show.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Do you know I've always wanted to do a thing where we get kids to call in and try and tell us what their parents do for a living. I don't think ninety nine percent of kids have any idea, right what your mum or dad does for a living, even that he's a fitter and turner. I was actually impressed with that. And then what does that mean?
Speaker 12: Actually?
Speaker 4: No, all right, let's go to Paul. Good morning, Paul.
Speaker 6: Come, that's my best William Shirtler.
Speaker 4: That is solid. That is very very good, right, Shatner? Once more, please, Paul come. Yeah, he's like yelling up at the universe? Is he like? How can someone be that evil? The great Ricardo? Who is it? Ricardo montal Ban actually from Fantasy Island? He was terrifying, that's it?
Speaker 10: Or even I reckon?
Speaker 6: Even better was Benedict Comerbatch, Yeah, but not.
Speaker 4: As not as good as Riccardo Montalban theatrical Mr Now, who do you think they'd the better? Can't Coumba Batch or Ricardo Montalvan. I just like saying the name Ricardo. I wish I might rename myself Christian Montalban. In the morning, Paul, that's a great one for us, and once more, on your way. One last impression of Shatner came as I want to know where is Paul? Is he at home? Is he in the car park at work, and we're going, Oh, someone's in a tough weekend. Paul, good morning. Now we've just done him this, I say, yeah again, Paul, good morning, Amanda, good morning, Good morning, Mandy moo. Who have you got for.
Speaker 10: Us, Professor Moriarty?
Speaker 4: Professor? Yes, from Sherlock Holmes. Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was always he was always poking Sherlock with the oh you're such a Cristian, why do I bother?
Speaker 4: How did you recover what it burn? It's a tough heckle to come back with that one. Thank you very much that one. Amanda, have a good day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you two guys, thank you.
Speaker 4: Brad, good morning, poor brother. For some reason, we know, Brad. For some reason they produced the labeled up your age Brad brackets thirty one previous six. So quickly they grow up so quickly, listeners.
Speaker 6: Yeah we do. I wasn't supposed to watch this in the cave with my brother. Thought it'd be funny to put me through it. So he's terrified me ever since.
Speaker 9: And that's Freddy Krueger.
Speaker 4: Yes, real, okay, for mister Krueger.
Speaker 8: I think we'll go.
Speaker 14: First name for Freddy, but I put Professor Moriarty under m because I think professor is like the title.
Speaker 4: You're right, he's a learner criminalist. Let's respect that.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 9: Anyway, I'm still terrified of him to this day.
Speaker 4: Literally can't watch it.
Speaker 10: So that's why I believe he's the most terrified.
Speaker 4: Really, is that right? He still freaks you out?
Speaker 6: Freddy Krueger, I was like four or something when he made me watch it.
Speaker 4: That is terrific. No one, You still have a nightmares and wait in the bed. That is terrifying. All right, Brad see world, Okay, let me leave the little landing light on or something like that.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Quest of Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So many emails over the weekend, not just for the oky, not just to any news on the post. The number one thing actually I saw that was about a bridge, literally just about a bridge, and not just any bridge, friends. The strongest bridge in all of Australia, the.
Speaker 15: Montague Street Bridge, has claimed its second victim in just three days. This time a large caravan was damaged.
Speaker 4: The way the news. What's saying it's claimed its victim, normally a language for a drifter serial killer, claiming it's not the bridge it's drawing people in. It's just it's just being a bridge. So the bridge's fault people going into the bridge repeatedly.
Speaker 15: The Montague Street Bridge has claimed its second victim in just three days. This time a large caravan was damaged when attempting to travel under it this morning. It comes after a truck hit the infamous bridge on Friday.
Speaker 4: The infamous bridge. When we returned in the new year, I said, you know what, there's something about that bridge. I've been driving under it. And the Montague Street Bridge is the most famous bridge in the city. Right, it is infamous. Everyone knows it for one reason, people driving into its right or claiming victims. So we turn it into Montague Street Bridge. Bingo breaking news.
Speaker 5: Now and yet another truck has fallen foul of the infamous Montague Street Bridge.
Speaker 6: Another day, another truck under.
Speaker 4: That, another victims.
Speaker 3: That infamous bridge looks like a removal of van has crashed into the Montague Street Bridge.
Speaker 4: So we actually open up the lines. Check your guesses. When do you think the next time it will be here? Here? Here were some of them in January.
Speaker 10: Said the ninth, about two thirty m I reckon, it's going to go Valentine's Day morning, and I can buy about eleven o'clock Wednesday the sixteenth to February eleven am.
Speaker 4: Before twenty seven to turn in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: Fourth of March at seven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 4: All right, just ends day rio, So how many days had it in with no strikes?
Speaker 14: We've been on a pretty good run, one of the longest runs in a wild ninety three days since December eighth of last year.
Speaker 4: And everyone want to know, like who got who won? Who was close? As it was this guy Hi Christian and Stephen Churnside Park.
Speaker 6: I think the Montague Street bridge will be hit on the fourth of March at seventy thirty in the morning. Just great and made him in confusion on a Friday morning.
Speaker 4: See, he wasn't a million miles away long labor weekend. He was only like seven days out. So Steve is the winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, sure your tips and recommendations about where to go in Mary's Welle. My wife and I spent three lovely days over the long weekend. Beautiful place. We cannot wait to go back. We really really loved it. There so many beautiful walks. My wife was particularly happy when Timy Horror I saw a sign advertising a farmer's market on the Saturday. I was like, oh god, no, she was like, oh my god, as far as market. It's a farmer's market. I was paying too much for stuff you can get lunchep off the road. I ga over there, go and get some stuff cheaper there. Anyway, I went to the farmer's market and as I wandered in, there was some old timer there right with a pa. His mate was still erecting a sort of gazebo tent over him, and he was singing. He was singing to a backing track, right, but he actually had a good voice. Have I listened to this? So as you saw wandered impats, he was like nod into people as if we'd come to see him. And he's also thrown on the farmer's market for the key.
Speaker 16: He knew and try to get a bar seasonal guy, so you got a word league.
Speaker 4: He was appointing at people with that.
Speaker 12: I thought he was.
Speaker 4: Did you get out there?
Speaker 3: ASKI?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And his mate was still arrecting right the gazebee like putting in the tent pegs and at one point in a one of the songs he went you missed that one there, Dave, and then carried on singing like a showman like Freddie Mercury would have done. Right. So there were a lot of great walks to do, and we did one. We got up early actually on the Sunday about Hull seven and the sun was up. It was just you know, when the sun's been only up a couple of hours, it's very quiet still. So that would be really nice to go and do one these walks. A couple of bill recommended. So we did a walk. It was like three hours. It's a proper, really good rugged walk. Yeah, it was Cumberland Walk. If you know the area, you'll know the war right, stunning water. The main reason why we go on that is because, as you know, I'm really into my trees and so I'd read that there was a very large tree there called the Big Tree. So I beg my wife, could we get up Hoary? Please give me go early? You had the farmer's market, Let me have the Big Tree. Anyway, my wife looks online. My wife won't set foot anywhere without reading a review. I don't know why she does this, right, Who are the losers that are going on reviewing a tree on Google. The tree I'm reading here from Google reviews. Right, everyone's a critic these days. The walk to the tree is better than the tree. Long walk three hours to get to a tree that honestly doesn't look that big. That's from Tomoy. Yeah, disappointing that the big tree was only ninety meters. Oh, come on, nature, ninety meters is huge. So anyway, we get there and it's incredible. It says on there there's a massive sign at the foot of it that says the big tree. All right, then it says in brackets eighty seven point eight meters as of twenty eleven. Now around the world sometimes there's a preconceptu matus trees a bit lazy, wouldn't have killed anyone. Send a drone up there. Update it twenty eleven. Nature. Basically it's death and growth. Sure, it's even bigger now.
Speaker 3: The big true size.
Speaker 4: By now, why what have you doing in the last ten eleven years? Get the ladder up there? Or so measure in Australia the Gulf that a big tree, give another count to it on all So, as soon as I saw the sign that said the big tree, right, it was flipping off this. It's a massive, great tree. You're not looking around. Will there be a neon sign or a big foam finger. There's gonna let me know. It's just ninety meter tall column, this beautiful tree and then a huge sign. It simply says the big tree. And this follows in the long line of Australia sparing no time coming up with alternative creative names and things. The big pineapple, the big tree, that is a big tree, the pink Lake, the salt Lake, the red back spider, the white tailed spider, the seven Mile Beach. What are we gonna call that bit West of Australia, Western Australia. What a bit that bit down south South Australia. Which is why my wife and I are scared to go up Mount Buggery because we don't know what I don't know what must have happened up there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Foot Years Back Tomorrow cannot wait to be there at the mcg kim in the atmosphere first bounce it is back, not just back, it's back here. So we've been very excited about the return of footie and we've been asking you to enter footy Oak where you tell us what it's like to Barratt for your team, pick any song you want to put your own original lyrics about your side to them. We've had some amazing ones. I must have stressed like I always do. This is not a singing competition. Whoever wins the big prize for tomorrow. It isn't just the best voice. It's actually more about somebody who really nails all this, like to be a fan of your club, like Steve here. This is a he's got a raw kind of Bob Dylan's sort of voice, really, but the rawness is the staff for me. He took on Jimmy Blast's working class man, made his own Essendon man, working hard to kick and footy.
Speaker 16: This is like Dylan she he's great, big player process the suns they will carry young would just share altogether.
Speaker 4: Now we had Locky did this, played it on Friday, so many people emailing it about it too. Vanilla Ice ice ice, baby Pies, Pies, baby stuff had.
Speaker 17: A loup then listen pie is it back with the brand new mission? Buckley had a hold of them tightly. Does see Moore looks like you're a knightly Will we ever win?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 17: Light up the g and I'll go being through it all McGuire and a scandal to going in the States being acting like a vandal.
Speaker 4: Very very very good from Lockie. This one here is a power about it. You can fill the heartbreak some some hearts never fully healed, do they? Five years ago the Saints lost the Great Captain. What a beautiful plan and a beautiful man as well, Nick Grievol. And these two guys, Marty and Chris doing burn for you, Burn for Roue obviously by Fancie. Listen to the pain five years on they's storn it over it you calling two bodies singers together foove. Chris is a Doggies fan and took on Fresh Prince of bel Air and also a footy history lesson.
Speaker 18: Now this is a story all about how AFL got flip turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute because I gotta share and tell you how I became the Kings out in the West.
Speaker 4: Bring it stuff from Chris and Sue Kangaroos fan took on Dion's classic run around Sue and mister Day.
Speaker 1: I had a smile on my face.
Speaker 12: Pagan's padded such a warm embrace.
Speaker 19: But if you don't want to cry out a due a keep away from the king. Who's the moral of the story from a girl who knows I've stuck with them through the Higson.
Speaker 1: Loads ask Anny Pool that I a the news.
Speaker 8: There's no change you number one.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant Sue, Thank you very much. Brand new ones coming up in the next ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Five minutes time. Brand new entries hot in coming in hot over the weekend. Saints Fans, one of your own Paul has written a heartbreaking team for a heartbreaking club to John Lennon's Imagine It Broke Me, It Broke Me Friday. When I hear it, it's beautifully painful. But right now, someone who we've had on the show a couple of times, brilliant stand up comedian be here at the Melbourne Comedy Festival at the end of March. I know he's an Adelaide as well. He's a killer stand up deal Rook sent me missus the other day saying was listening to show heard about forty Oki. He wants to enter. He's written a song, so he's on the line now dear Rook, always love chanty mate. Welcome to the show again.
Speaker 10: Oh are you made?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Thank you very much for speaking to us. Mate, I hope you're well. Are you well?
Speaker 10: That play much better?
Speaker 4: How's it doing stand up again? Now?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's so sad how much fulfillment I get from that one little task today is standing with a microphone in front of people. Just it lights me up so much, and it's it's it's also tiring, Like I think I'd forgotten, I have, deep down have a fear of public speaking that I've somehow forgotten about that over the years of just doing stand up over and over and so having you know, that break it kind of brought back some of that anxiety before going on stage. And there's definitely a lot more clenching on stage that I think, I suppose now that I have again, do you know what you.
Speaker 4: Just sold a ticket to me? Now I know that there's extra clenching involved. I would I urge you on the poster is actually you know your your firm talk man as it is. But if I think you're extra clenching, then I'm coming.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Show It's called delicious for a variety of reasons, including my mutton chop buttocks ablute, but.
Speaker 4: What buttocks can we say? But you've got a new show. You're happy with it.
Speaker 10: I love it, and it basically talks a lot about, you know, the changes in my life because the show before this year was literally an hour about how much I love being single and how much I hate cooking.
Speaker 4: So are you in love now?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, very much. So it's very very off brand for me, and this is part of are.
Speaker 4: Talking to p Diddy here off bran, Sorry, ladies, he's off the shelf and he's off brand.
Speaker 10: Mate. I was so excited because, yeah, like the starters, I'd like downloaded Tinder Premium, which.
Speaker 4: Gives you, like what is Tinder premium.
Speaker 10: Tinder Premium has a few benefits, but one of them is that you can change your location around the country or the world. You know, normally Tinder it's just the radiuslets around you. But you can say, Okay, I'm going to be in Perth next week.
Speaker 4: So that made for touring bands and comedians.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, and sociopaths of course. But the sad thing is I downloaded it and installed it like in Jen and then fell in love like four days later. So I have an annual subscription that you know just went to waste, Like just want to sell it secondhand on eBay? Does anyone want it in the premium profile? But you have to be a dull rook for a year.
Speaker 4: Now let's talk about footy then, So FOOTI is back this week. Everyone's really excited. We're doing a thing called Footy Oak. We're asking people to pick a song, put their own lyrics to it, to really try and channel what it's like to be a fan of their team. So you like me when you came here, but everyone was like, you got to pick a team. How did you pick the Hawks? How did you go for Hawthorne?
Speaker 10: I didn't want to use you know, whoever was leading on the ladder at the time.
Speaker 4: And you can't do that. You can't jump on a band Yes.
Speaker 10: So I think I went for Hawthorne, who were like eleventh in the ladder that year at the end of that year. But because they started winning straight after that, I get called a bandwagon jumper a lot, like no, no, no, I'm the lucky charm, Like you don't get it. They needed me, so I decided for me, it had to like be something that's more superficial, like just the team colors. And the problem I had we bought on was the colors of brown and gold. Let's let's not be around the bush. It doesn't look too pretty, does it. And I think that's kind of the inspiration for me with this this power ballace well okay, and.
Speaker 4: What a power about it? So you've gone with Aerosmith. Don't want to miss a thing? What a song?
Speaker 10: And so if anyone didn't thought, you know what he does comedy, He cooks and now sings while he clinches. So you know there's a real cv of like.
Speaker 4: You know what, you're the U Hue Jackman. Yes, yes, I would take that triple triple. I can be the next Wolverine Dilveren. There you go, there's the types of the next show, Dilveren. You can have that. You're welcome. All right, let's hear your entry for footy. Okay, I can't wait to hear this deal your lyrics said about being a Hawks fan.
Speaker 13: I could spend my life with the Red and Black Bombers, but there's a wall back in Unca Woul Tigers.
Speaker 12: Yet, why you're not this brown and gold?
Speaker 19: What my heart Desar. I don't want to cheer magpies. I don't like the Melbourne dies.
Speaker 12: So I'm hot on Baby because I don't mind the poos and whize because that could go with Carlton Blues.
Speaker 13: I'm not Melbourne King Rusna.
Speaker 12: I'm hate on Baby and I'm proud of our wheeze and pools.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is amazing. That's a brilliant entry and what a voice.
Speaker 10: Oh my, I wish you could see me as that was playing. My so I was like squeezing my eyeballs, just the cringe.
Speaker 4: That it's more clenching. You can actually you can clench your eyeballs. Your eyes are ripped, you've got apps on your eyeballs. Sorry, dilvery well. Look when you're at the Melbourne Comedy Festival, I will be coming seeing your new show. I love seeing your stand up. You're a brilliant, brilliant stand up. Thanks for chatting to us and I'll see you soon. I'll see you at the show.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: Get your club on, get your song on, get you on, Karaoke on down, get away with It. Big Prizes will be one on tomorrow's show as thirteen returns Rio. The prizes are.
Speaker 14: The prizes are one thousand dollars cash for merchant stadium snacks. There's also a sixty five inch Samsung four K Smart TV valued at sixteen hundred dollars. And finally, we will sort your family out with a silver a film membership for two adults and two kiddies.
Speaker 4: All right, that all ends today. So we'll ask you to pick a song, any song. Put your lyrics about your club, what it's like to barratt for your team, into that song. We'll close today, would announce the winner tomorrow Rannu and she's over the weekend. Some brilliant once who we got here? Then Cameron, a Tigers fan, to pick Paul Kelly's how to Make Gravy and made this how to Win a Granny?
Speaker 20: I guess the Lions are driving down from Queensland and there's fans flying in from the coast. They said there's gonna be one hundred thous supporters even more maybe, but that never stopped me.
Speaker 4: Low who's gonna win the Granny? Now? I bet it won't be the Saints.
Speaker 20: Wor Old Saints, just that Baker Cotch an intercept from Grimes and don't forget a specky from Bolton for some excitement and that extra bang and give him a love to.
Speaker 4: Zorko and backs Donna.
Speaker 13: All.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I won't win this time. I'm not go after Peggy.
Speaker 20: I'll be thinking about only grandfather the morning when I'm standing.
Speaker 1: In a line.
Speaker 4: Well on camera. Brilliant song. Cameron mentioned Saints. This song came in Friday night and I emailed the guy back after I heard it because it was so good. He's picked John learning this beautiful song. Imagine I made it about his team. Sit back and let this into your heart. I will just say again, this is not a singing competition. The voice saying great, But what is there is You get what it's like to be a Saints fan and it isn't pretty.
Speaker 21: Imagine we've won me aship.
Speaker 4: It's bloody hard to do. What a great opening by.
Speaker 21: Nothing since sixty six? And how that hurts you.
Speaker 22: Imagine all the Saints fans trying not to cry. You may say that we're dreaming, but we're not the only ones. If the Doggies and the D's can do it, perhaps our time has come.
Speaker 4: Oh pain, sad pain, that's sadness, a beautiful sadness there from Paul the Saints fans, so we can raw all the Saints fans, I think. Thank you very much. These these have been outstanding. They're really really great. Thank you for all the time you're putting into these as well. Till the next half an hour there we got the mishurt lyrics. Also we got some more of these footy okey entries. It closes today. When you've done it, just email it in for tomorrow. Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: What up the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: The big news for us is that Jack Post is a dad. Thank you very much. All the messages over the weekend asking is everything okay? Did the baby come out? Yes? Friday night, Bianca did an amazing job. Mum and son doing very well. Chuckie Boy will be rejoining the show next week all the week after. Depending how this week goes. I would put money on fate judge how it is the first couple of days. I be back Monday and here be grateful for a little bit of peace and quiet and having control over your time. You must have found that Patsy when you when you went back to work after having all delight, suddenly having control over your own time for a couple of hours. It's a big deal.
Speaker 3: It is a break to go to work, It definitely is. And the Love God did a sensational job because I went back to breakfast radio. So he he is amazing. I have to take my head off.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so yeah, everyone's doing very very well. All right, let's do the misheard lyrics. It's just another Mishardman day. Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. All right, your misheard lyrics then as we play the mac if we agree what you think you're mishearing? If not? And for the great ones, yes, that's hall of favor. Previously Samuel and Davis got into a hall of fame Lincoln Park, bleed it out, bleed it out, Chicken Teeka just to throw it away away, a waste of a great takeaway. All right, let's get into the brand new ones this week. For your miss her lyrics. Pete Kennedy, Christian, listen to your morning show via the iHeartRadio app here in Canberra. Thank you very much. P K. Will Houston. How will I know I fall in love? Whenever we meet, I'm asking you because you know about these things? Or is it to call a p K I fall in love whenever we meet, I'm asking you because you know about beastings, ba stings hundred percent, that is beastings smarted, Pete Kennedy, Crystal Clear over the iHeartRadio app. Keep the Bosses happy, Tony Smart, Duffy Mercy, You got me begging you for mercy? Or is it, according to Tony Smart, you got me begging you for bird seed? Bird seed, for it is their bird seeds? What a name here? Baden small'st it? Christian? I cannot believe Britney Spears wrote a song about me. So Britney Spears hit me baby one more time? Oh baby baby? Can you hear that? One? Is spot on about our correspondent Baden wow O, Baden Baden. I can't hear baby anymore? It was there ever a baby? Was it always about you? Baden Small? Oh, Baden Baden, Baden Baden. We have no choice, all right, Let's go to bed. Rain by Dragon. Day after day strange rain falls down on me? Or is it day after day James Rain, Poor old James Rain. He's falling down No he doesn't. No, he does not bev. This one comes from Big John Cold Heart by Elk John and Dua Leaper. Well I thought it, I kept it hid or is it when I farted? But I kept it in, which is actually very polite. I'd imagine that for a night of the realm, like Sir Elton John, that if he did feel the need, he'd keep it in. This is a great Hall of Famer. Well done, big Job.
Speaker 3: That's why favorite is you so far? Brilliant?
Speaker 4: Well, I farted, but I kept it in Big John Hall of Favor. Great word this week everyone, Thank you very much. Keep the coming Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: More of your entries now. The final day closes today. Winner announced tomorrow for footy o kids, we get excited about the return of football tomorrow. Your words to your club, pick any song, put your words what it's like to be a fan of your team. Big weekend in afl W and the Moresco girls who are bi Anchor Hailey just sing to an abby. All teenage footy fans have done this too, no doubt, just a girl. This is great work goals.
Speaker 21: Take these pink bellow shoes off of my feet.
Speaker 4: Day are two.
Speaker 18: Tight, incorrective, incomplete.
Speaker 4: These point shoes always seem to make me full.
Speaker 23: I'd rather be on the field kicking off football because I'm just a girl.
Speaker 1: Forty years for me, standing in the stands doesn't do rose.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just a girl.
Speaker 8: They say it's too rough for me.
Speaker 18: But my love fully burnt so brow.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm a forty player.
Speaker 21: And that's clear.
Speaker 4: Well done the Moresco girls. Great work. Hi, I don't want to play another miserable one from a Bombers fan, but I guess we have to. That's first of all. Let me go this one. It's got a bit more energy to it. Then we'll end on a downer. Well, Steve is about the Bombers fans. Jack's what they're saying. No winges, aren't they anyway? This one's from Ben. Now he is a Hawthorne fan, but very generously he's saying that this anthem is dedicated to all us footy fans. Thank you, gracious leader Ben. He's gone to enter sam Man Metallica. You know this all right, let's hear it, Benny boy with not quite this is it. He got a little speaker there in the background. Here's here the old wife. I want the tiniest speakers in Melbourne, Jemi high fight sell no tinny speakers that small.
Speaker 24: With so blue siren dolls you a bad Badger's the ball and the fancy.
Speaker 8: May Well.
Speaker 1: Possy Hetfield.
Speaker 21: What with Nye who.
Speaker 4: Gripping a pie in our hands? Nice day.
Speaker 1: Doctor food down But she's Ben there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wel on Ben, thank you? So we end won the downer. Then here it is then Stephen, Steven's a long suffering Pombers fan like a lot of you, and comes on patience.
Speaker 19: Said woman.
Speaker 21: Jacket's long.
Speaker 4: It's sad when a proper singer seems.
Speaker 25: Stephen shed a tear because we've lost her again. I'm still all right to smile. The sixteen flags, Oh what I remember.
Speaker 23: Was a time when we always wound, but it's been a long while. Now we book our holidays for septen.
Speaker 4: Graft teams have started.
Speaker 25: Winning flags for from Food, Screen and Milper. Even Colin would have managed to win one.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, we don't win a thing, but my membership still paid.
Speaker 25: It could be worse.
Speaker 23: At least we are not Carlter.
Speaker 4: There's always hope.
Speaker 25: We've been patient.
Speaker 4: West are waiting. Well, I'm Stephen. There's some great lines in there in stand of these entries are amazing. Closest end the play today and then we're announced the winner, which is gonna be really hard tomorrow. Email yours too, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What a story this guy has, How they snags, That's why I get this right, Reo. He's had a snag, a bunning snag, at every Bunnings in Australia, every single one, right. I mean, it's not like you're going on a restaurant tour of Italy, is it. You know, once you've had a sausage in bread in a Bunnings, you've had you've had the more regional variations, or comorg to Blacktown in Sydney. The subtle difference is he's driving Australia, go and see a tourist site, sir, rather than just a buddies having a sausage, You loser. I see that. It's it's taking him two years because actually, when you do go to Bunnings, you don't just go and spend five minutes to day. He's still wandering around, you know, it's to this vision. He's wandering the aisles. So today's time waste is sausage movies. Now in the ebisdence of jack post producer, Rio is marking them this week. Perhaps he spotted something on Friday when he did a very good job marking news, but he didn't offer up any of his own. Patsy pointed this out. So after I've done mine, Rio will hear his. All right, sausage movies you say skinless in Seattle at Yes, good gold, thank you. I'm more generous than Jackie boy. I never get a gold for the first one. I don't think he's quite warmed up. Salami myself and Irene Salami, myself and Irene Silver. I sausage is sausage. Producers out there, double thumbs up. Oh I, sausage is good silver minus sausage. He night Fever, he's back there we go. He's back in the room, greasy rider. I don't know what brother, that one of fry hard. Let's just let's just remember the good times with sausagey night Fever. All right, young Rio, what have you got.
Speaker 8: Okay, look who's porking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay you she always loves she does love the roof.
Speaker 8: First side story very.
Speaker 4: Good as well. It's another goal. It's a lot more conds system and joking.
Speaker 8: Boy, oh it might drop off now. We bought a cherry zoo.
Speaker 4: Throng.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Patty. Patty's been very kind and finally Christian Home Blooney.
Speaker 4: Is smart.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Looking for your sausage movies today on the time waste Rio. Are you ready to mark? I am this time. I am good man. Don't forget we have a winner, have a wener winner, all right. Sausage Movies Edwards Sausage Finger Only one Silver Plush, The Breakfast Club Sausage Silver, Weekend of Bunnings Silver plus Chitty Chitty Bangers and Mash silver plus Austin Powers in the Snack That Shacked Me, Broun Funny but Bronte Frank Furtenstein, Good God, the Big kran Skid, isn't it? Sausages are a bit rude, aren't There's a tone to this. I can sense it. I can send it to Yes, the Big kran Sky from Sharpie. Yeah, Savoloy Private Ryan Bronze, Raiders of the Lost a silver minus, Ferris Bueler's Sausage Fest. That's a different that's a different movie.
Speaker 8: That's a bronze.
Speaker 4: Oh dear Paul and cooee rap who falls in and out with this show? The Great Lakransky Silver about Savoloy Silva saving Private Sausage. Someone's code word, so safe word Selama Gedden Peter, that's very good. The spy who snagged me? Oh okay, silver plus Catherine my big fat Greek sausage silly nine o'clock children are still up. Edward snack Hands silver, Charlotte's webber making those barbecues, snags on a plane silver plus. All right, who is winning the Chris Rock tickets?
Speaker 8: Cheeky but not too cheeky. It's the big Kransky coward, you know.
Speaker 4: The balls to go for the other ones. He modeled out listeners just like Jackie Boy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, so we have heard from the new dad jack Post. I didn't want to reveal the name of his son without check in with Jackie Boy, which is I haven't said what the name is. Yet because I don't want to. I don't want to. I noticed that actually, for someone who he loves his Instagram, he hasn't. This is how big a deal it is in his life. My kids get saying this. He hasn't. He hasn't posted anything on Instagram for three days. I was like, wow, he's already feeling the seismic change in his life as a dad now, but in only just a couple of days. So mum and son and Jackie Boy all doing very well. Jack said yesterday, they're just enjoying those those precious few days when it's all unbelievable. You can't believe him gets so much enjoyment from just watching someone sleep. You can't. You can't believe. Oh, I was still still apparent. You leave a room, you miss them in just like thirty seconds, you're going back and see. I'm hoping with it. When he does resurface next week on the show and he shares some photos of his beautiful son, he is a beautiful little boy as well. The name is a great name. When he announced it Friday, he shared it with me, I was stunned. It was nothing I could have guessed. It's a really, really good name Gordon Post. Gordon is a great name for a boy. I've got a good mate of mine, Nanda. We all call him Gordon. Gordon is a good it's a strong name. Gordon Post is Jackie Boy's son's name. So they're all doing very well. We just heard from Jackie Boy. I'm going end with this. We are back to mind. We have the weakest Cie to fine and the big final of for t Joki as well. These are the beautiful words that will become his kind of guiding compass for the rest of his fatherhood. Really, it's a lovely thing that Jack did two weeks ago. It's moved so many of us, actually, whether you are a parent yourself, or whether you just think about your dad and the relationship you had with your dad. This was Jack when we asked him a couple of weeks ago, how about while you wait for your son to be born, how about you write him a letter before he gets it. And he did something so beautiful, a moving here. It is Jack's mission statement for the dad he now is going to be.
Speaker 5: It's my first time being a dad, it's your first time being alive. You can ride up on my shoulders. I can see the world through your eyes, catching bugs, building sand castles, jumping in puddles, and skipping stones. Know that from now until forever, you will never be alone. Make jokes, make music, make mischief, live your life with joy. Harbor big dreams for your future. But take time to be a boy. Start things before you feel ready, jump before you see the landing. Life will open doors for those already standing. You'll take from books and art and music and people, anything that strikes a note. Take the parts you like of me, leave the ones you don't, and with an open heart and a curious mind, soak up everything. You can find your own definition of what it means to be a man.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast