Speaker 1: Now my microphone is on special bonus.
Speaker 2: Ap Oh my goodness, and what a bonus we've gone into national.
Speaker 1: It's true our friend Hughsey went to a spice girl's wedding. Yes what and if you don't think we have called him straight away to.
Speaker 2: Get all the juicy gossom, we are dropping it for you.
Speaker 1: Right now, and just very quickly before you listen. I just wanted the good intel and the fine stuff you're going to hear Kate ask questions that no one cares about.
Speaker 2: And why do you say no one?
Speaker 1: You really got in there and you ground I want you ground him an idea. Yeah, but you know what you are, you're like say it.
Speaker 2: When I used to work at a newspaper, they would say that people would spend eleven seconds looking at a headline. That is you, that's life, mate, whereas I'm the person who likes to sometimes get into an article.
Speaker 1: No one's reading, mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people are listening. I want to know we're strong all right, Apologies, but it's so worth it. It is just a delightful chances into from a man in England who's been to a Spice girl's wedding. Melby's wedding him and his wife, hollywife.
Speaker 1: We bloody love both. We love Hughsey so much love. He's just always there for us whenever we need him.
Speaker 2: By my mum.
Speaker 1: Some polo mints, husey, husey, come on out, talk about Melbury's wedding. Sure, give us a call. What a good man. Yeah. I wouldn't even answer the phone if one of you were calling me. Fowls overseas. Oh my goodness, who's paying for this international call?
Speaker 2: We're doing it at work.
Speaker 1: This is international gossip. It's so exciting for gossip.
Speaker 2: We're going, Oh what, David Hughes you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, sorry, Dave, Hugh Life.
Speaker 1: You're the only person that's in the room right now that's gone to a spice girl's wedding in the last weekly.
Speaker 2: Hugh been to the royal wedding?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, yeah, I had it was It starts like a royal wedding. I'm not going to lie. There was There was like a few thousand people waiting outside Saint Paul's Cathedral. It's a cathedral that Princess Diana got married.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was Hughsy fans in London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my good here they all were they got a whiff. David William Hughes was visiting.
Speaker 1: Oh Blighty, now here, let's go back. You become good mates on the Masked Singer.
Speaker 3: We do. Do you want to speak to them a lot? O Holy can speak to royal makeup?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she had royal makeup.
Speaker 3: Well actually Lysia or Alisha who used to on the project.
Speaker 2: She did my make up in London. Now, yeah, when I went to interview Madonna, she did my makeup.
Speaker 1: This is not interesting, This is not interesting to me.
Speaker 3: She interviews she she's a personal makeup as a bizarre someone or other, Princess Ann's daughter, Princess.
Speaker 2: Hans daughter who's married to Mike, Mike the brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is fun.
Speaker 3: She does. She does Eugenie's makeup, Jeanie someone.
Speaker 2: But not be interested makeup the one that needs it. Eugenie always so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So anyway, she did a holy smoke up on the Connection and yeah, so my singer got to know Mao was friends with her vaping face in.
Speaker 2: Your vaping face, Why is that pertinent? Because you two would vape.
Speaker 1: Together, Scary spices would vape.
Speaker 3: She was a smoker. She's smoking smoke.
Speaker 1: You know, even back in the day, the Spice Girl songs, back back back when you could even tell she was a smoker. Back then, Melby always did the logo because the voice is like, that was good. You want to come to me wedding, the low harmony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm doing really good her impersonation.
Speaker 1: So you become buddies having puffs, buddies having paths, went to the SCG the footy together, my.
Speaker 2: Son and the couple of had a date with her.
Speaker 3: They went to see Hamilton together with her kids and our kids.
Speaker 2: Right, But it was who doesn't like Holly? Yeah, I mean everybody loves Holly. But here's the thing. It wasn't always smooth sailing, Hugh, because you got to save the date for the wedding and then you heard nothing further, what nothing.
Speaker 3: Nothing further. She wouldn't answer a message her a couple of times, but no response. So the savor day of the wedding was unbelievable because we actually were in London at that time, like we'd already booked a holiday to London, so we didn't come over specifically, and.
Speaker 1: She still wouldn't invite you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you happen to be.
Speaker 3: The invite she had invited. She didn't know we were coming to London. She had no idea, so it was just synchronicity.
Speaker 2: Did she also not know that you were coming to her wedding?
Speaker 3: No? Look, look I went into the jungle thinking I haven't had the final invite. I got out of the jungle and then I went through my old emails and saw the final spam.
Speaker 1: She saw an email and spam. Scary Spice at gmail dot com has emailed Wow, there was a wedding.
Speaker 3: Plan, actually her wedding plant saying what's your address? We need to send you an invite. Gave the address out, invite never turned up, and then we went to London thinking we weren't going to the wedding. So you know, we might have gone past and watched them. But then last week another email turned up. I think they changed wedding planners, changed wedding plan and someone can no one Well maybe I don't know, maybe, but.
Speaker 2: Whatever, he loves to neg Hey. You the one thing you need to know about Valvo he loves He's a big negger.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm going to neg husy for going to Malby's wedding uninvited.
Speaker 2: I was were on the list so yeah, what list They do not allow entry list.
Speaker 3: Now, there was a list of Saint Paul, so we could have gone right to the door and been rejected. But so there was there. Our name was there.
Speaker 2: But hang on you when we were going together to the Project final party, you were leaving the next morning for London, but you didn't mention the wedding then because you thought it wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I didn't. I didn't think it was going to happen. No one would respond to any of our anybody, so it was only like it was only three days before the wedding. But an email popped in saying, you know, just for final details. And then I emailed back and they said, yeah, they never sent any physical They didn't send any physical invite.
Speaker 1: So, Hughsy, can I just say this is the difference between me and my podcast host. I could not give a fuck about this exchange. I want to know what spice girls were there. I want to know what celebrities were there.
Speaker 2: You don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: About your spam folder. Yeah, and Kate text before, by the way, goes what went to his wedding? So anyway, Hughsy, who was there, name name name.
Speaker 3: Well, baby Spice actually walked into the into Saint Paul's before us. We had no idea who it was, like one hundred behind it, one hundred papparaarts like taking photos of her. And then I realized, I think I really might have realized his baby Spice. And then we went past and I was so like, what assholes? All put their cameras down, no one talking, really.
Speaker 2: Shat me, not even with your beautiful one wife.
Speaker 3: I know she was a hot stick there anyway.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know, I know Valvo doesn't like the details, but how did hollywife pull together such a stunning out fit? She had a hat and everything. How did she do that?
Speaker 3: It was last minute, last minute? Yeah, good question. She actually got that book that online. She had two dresses, one online.
Speaker 2: And got them delivered to the.
Speaker 3: Hotel, delivered a hotel and it didn't and we weren't at the hotel, so it got sent away from the hotel. And then she went out and bought another grass and then it came and then the other one came to the hotel and we wanted her to put the yellow one on, but he said it was She was worried it was yellow, you look.
Speaker 2: Great, stunning.
Speaker 1: We love Holly.
Speaker 2: But how was the bride back to the Celabs?
Speaker 1: No other Spice girls.
Speaker 3: No other Spice girls. Emma Button was there with her son and her husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about Ginger? Have we got bad blood? Is there some bad blood with Ginger?
Speaker 1: Well? I know this Ginger years ago came out and Melby said in Appears Morgan interview that he gave that had a sexual.
Speaker 2: Affair and I thought they'd made up.
Speaker 1: Apparently.
Speaker 2: Did you ask her about that in your emails in your wedding speech?
Speaker 3: I know, No, you're you're and you're getting as much information from me from Daily Mail about that, So yeah, I agree. She wasn't there. There wasn't that many big stars that I knew.
Speaker 2: Because the English had got a whole Chaddy Man.
Speaker 3: You know the guy does these Alan, he was there, he was after that. He was hitting on Holy but I was he's gay, isn't your souls?
Speaker 1: And he's oh, I mean, is the gayest person on the earth?
Speaker 3: He was What do you mean he.
Speaker 2: Was hitting on Holly?
Speaker 3: He just kept wanting to talk to Holly with it.
Speaker 1: Alan, He's gorgeous and one of the nicest people i've ever met. We met in Sydney a couple of years ago. Hugh's at the JFL festival. Oh what sorry, sorry back to emails.
Speaker 2: So cute. So you arrived here at that You're at Saint Paul's Cathedral ballot.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Yeah, And I tried to go, like we're getting led into the cathedral and I was going to go through the barriers because I thought there must be it was in the big room, you know, with a few feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's in the small chant.
Speaker 3: So I went. I was on a side chapel, but still amazing. But yeah, it was like in a smaller room. There's probably two hundred people there, maybe maybe more. It was everyone looked good. It was an older crowd generally.
Speaker 2: Hang on to me, yeah, hang on. So when they did their bows and she wore full white, yeah yeah, they did.
Speaker 3: Half an hour, Like honestly, we thought, yeah, well, I was thinking she's jilting him. He's up there and he's kilt and she's not turning up, and and that was going to be the story. I was there when when Melbury didn't turn up.
Speaker 1: What's what's his name, Rory.
Speaker 3: He's with a family friend and became a hairdresser and they just fell in love over time.
Speaker 2: He came out, I think, and then he said I love you too.
Speaker 3: Mel got caught in bed by his mom or sorry they did because family friends. Yeah, yeah, but it was growing up. It was you yeah, yeah, was an adult. Yeah, but they didn't realize someone's mom didn't realize there an item.
Speaker 2: Male's mom.
Speaker 3: I can't remember her mum. Or he's my one of their.
Speaker 1: Moms, okay, in the final, the final question, he's a lovely guy. At any point during we haven't got to thet you asked so many questions, Kate. If we just want the good stuff right? Yeah? Okay, did at any point of the night did she dance to a Spice Girl's song?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm going to say no, no, but the priest in the reception, in the high priest or whatever. The boss of that cathedral is St. Paul, So like that is that Anglican heavy hitter? Yeah, a heavy hitter in the of course, the Anglican mate, it was Anglican Church of England. Yeah, I think so, Yeah, the Church of England. Mate, that's true.
Speaker 2: I would think Males. I would have thought she could be Catholic.
Speaker 3: Might be, but you've got an O B E. And that's why she was allowed to have a wedding an Order of British Empire. You can't have your wedding there. That's how she was allowed to do. It.
Speaker 1: All checks out and then he yeah.
Speaker 3: He played he in the in the in the whatever the words he says. He used a spy schools line.
Speaker 2: You want to be my love, you got to get with my friends.
Speaker 1: He did not that well, he said, when two become one? It did? He say?
Speaker 2: Tell me what you want, what.
Speaker 1: Spars up your life?
Speaker 3: Tell me about love and face. I don't know, mate, I can't remember exactly what.
Speaker 2: Did you recognize it? Or to tell you that was a spy school No.
Speaker 3: One recognized you know that, no one laugh, But no one knew it.
Speaker 2: I think Melby probably knew it. But hang on, huge, So you're at the reception still know you're.
Speaker 3: The reception at the shar which is.
Speaker 1: What is the thelast building in the middle of London.
Speaker 3: Oh right, yeah, and how we took a double digger bus set okay, double digger bus.
Speaker 2: All there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people, Yeah they were, yeah, absolutely, and then how long I was right? Near baby Spice. I didn't even talk to her, but I was why didn't you talk about I just didn't get that moment. You know, I regret it for the rest of my life. Actually, apparently she's the most fun.
Speaker 1: She's lovely and she's she has a radio show. You got so much in common.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't know that. Maybe I did.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well you're both you're both at Melby's wedding, so automatically you've got something in common.
Speaker 3: Hey, I know it's not like a weirdo. I could have talked to her when.
Speaker 2: You walked into the reception. What was it like? What was the what was the setup?
Speaker 3: It's cocktail. And if you go to my instagram you can see. I don't want to tell people to go to my instagram, but I will. You see. I've got a photo of me, Holly and Melby on the Instagram And if you scroll through that the video of her coming down the stairs arriving as mister and yeah, yeah, absolutely so that's lovely and he's kilt and he did a lovely poem about her and it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Made me cry.
Speaker 1: What does he what does he call her?
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 3: He calls him Melanie.
Speaker 2: He calls him Melanie, and he just makes because he's only got one.
Speaker 3: Full Melanie would do and and and was. But I need to tell you what when she he did his full poem. And then in her response to his poem, this is what she said, give us a look under your kilt. And she put his her head under his kilt that he's.
Speaker 1: Not wearing under your all.
Speaker 2: So was Eddie Murphy's kid there, Phoenix?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the kids were there, all the kids or.
Speaker 2: She'd be very beautiful, that Yale. How old was she?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Sixteen?
Speaker 3: She worked with her?
Speaker 2: You what.
Speaker 3: Went to the football with her? Last two years ago? This day? Actually, I said raughly, just laughing about going to the football with Melbury and his kids.
Speaker 2: What did the kids do when you were at the wedding?
Speaker 3: They were good, They were all good. They were at the hotel. Mel didn't mel didn't have any bridesmaids. Was interesting, but Rory had like five oh men grooms?
Speaker 2: Oh really, well, who did they work up?
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who was crying in the girl's toilets at eleven o'clock?
Speaker 2: That's bizarre, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know why she didn't, but she didn't and her dog ran the ring down or their dog ran the ring gown. Ways, tiny little.
Speaker 2: Dog, what sort of dog?
Speaker 3: I went the wrong? Lies? Or the dog like a real little class Yeah, but a real little it looks like a bloody rescue dog arry out looking the bag. Yeah, yeah, real bit.
Speaker 2: You know. I tell you what, Hollywood, Hughes nobody could have given a more comprehensive or better report.
Speaker 1: We love this, love it, and for God's sake, paparazzi take a photo of hughesy in London? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Both? Ship?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: In the back of a Hallow magazine video, we're walking at we're behind the Beckham parents, actually they were the Beckon parents.
Speaker 2: Parents were there, but the Beckham children weren't there.
Speaker 3: Maybe her parents, maybe Beckham I don't know, wasn't there.
Speaker 1: But you're saying his parents were there.
Speaker 3: Either her parents or David Beckham's parents were there one of their parents.
Speaker 2: But not no, she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot on, a lot on, they've got a lot.
Speaker 2: Rory, I've got news Posh and David can't calm but he's her parents can call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, someone's parents was a lovely night.
Speaker 2: He's a lovely Did you dance with your beautiful wife?
Speaker 3: We didn't do a lot of dancing, to be honest, but I was hanging out with a guy who's her personal trainer. Okay, this guy's her person. Yeah, but he trained Tom Cruiser two years.
Speaker 2: Oh did he What did he say about that?
Speaker 3: He's a real close talker, he said.
Speaker 2: On the pages, a close talker or Tom Cruises.
Speaker 3: Tom Cruiser close talker? Yeah he apparently Tom Cruise wanted him to train Surry's.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't have any contact with No.
Speaker 3: This is back in the day. Guess how old she was when trying to train three last time?
Speaker 1: She obviously wasn't looking good enough.
Speaker 2: Imagine that didn't sit up to three. All right, love it all the fuck will tell her, hollywife, I love her.
Speaker 3: They've gone to the buffet.
Speaker 2: Buffet, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Hang on, tell me what can past before you go tell the canter page.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a lot. There wasn't a lot of food.
Speaker 2: Was it just because you're vegan you thought that, or there wasn't generally a lot of food?
Speaker 3: Probably because vegan, but there still wasn't a lot of it. Went from three to six thirty there, okay.
Speaker 2: And then you got cut off.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm speaking of cutting off, cut off you.
Speaker 2: It's time to go, Hughes.
Speaker 1: That was actually comment to me when to