Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchmen, this is the Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, It's a four minutes past six show number twenty six as we start our six week on the show of the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning Jack, Good morning Christian. How is your weekend?
Speaker 5: It was a lot win down this weekend.
Speaker 3: Today's show will be therapy at times as I share it with you, but a lot went down this weekend. You know when you get invited around to somebody's for lunch and you think, as soon as we get there within the first hour, we'll probably have lunch, especially when you got kids and they've got kids.
Speaker 5: That didn't happen.
Speaker 3: I'll say you were hungry five hours before lunch got so lunch got served at quarter the five. I'll tell you the full story later on Pats. How's your weekend?
Speaker 5: How are you this morning?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 3: Thanks Kristin. So did I see you at a record fair over the weekends?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we went to the record fair in Fitzroy on Saturday. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: And did your husband Chris get anything?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 6: He got about six albums, so he's a very happy man.
Speaker 3: Now I get that you're a very good wife because obviously that's his thing. And you went along to with with Amber on guessing your daughter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but you know we.
Speaker 3: All had fun.
Speaker 4: It was away, pa, that's why are you letting him get away with that? Your daughter's name is not Amber.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't even hear Audrey.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Audrey, Audrey Amber.
Speaker 5: I think Amber's the middle name.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's Rose. But anyway, Amber's the middle light on a traffic lights.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. It's only showed twenty six Jack, and then you had to drop your wife off.
Speaker 5: She's away now for two weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she left at nine am yesterday morning. So I'm in Bear Grill's mode, fending for myself, my own meals, shelter.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: I made a perch just that's going to help me through it. But it was way too expensive and I'm already sort of regretting doing it.
Speaker 3: So when a man says he's bought something expensive, to help him through two weeks without his wife. I'm afraid I can't help but think it's some kind of apparatus. Doll.
Speaker 4: It's not about being learnedly, it's for food preparation.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, I'll go fine, fine, fine, Hey, So listen, A lot has happened since Friday's breakfast show. I came on air Friday and I was sending them away into work. The guys listen to another radio station and I hear this Melbourne's contest. Yep, that's the Fox, and they were very proud. So they've got Melbourne's Richest cash competition ten thousand pounds. It's a lot of money, ten thousand dollars. It's a lot of money. However, we're giving away exactly the same amount with our ten k no repeat work day where you just listen to the station, you hear the same song played twice, your chance to win, and so on Friday, I said, look, I can now elevate as to actually genuinely being Melbourne's richest cash competition. I put in ten dollars of my own money.
Speaker 4: Very generous.
Speaker 3: We're by the time we'd come off their Fox sudden announce Monday morning Fife, Bingo bongo and ding ding. They're back, and they're back. Guess what with your chance to now win one hundred thousand dollars, Your chance to win one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: As soon as radio stations stat saying they'll give away anything over ten grand, one hundred thousand a million, you know that it's very difficult for people to actually win that money exactly.
Speaker 3: And then I get I get trolled online. I can't believe this. I've only been here a couple of weeks, flown over ten thousand miles, start a new life with my family.
Speaker 5: For this new job, and then I get triple m wide in Okay.
Speaker 3: Obviously they're owned by the same people that own the Fox, and they go, hey, at OC, it's my Twitter handle. They say, actually, we're giving away from Monday when Eddie Boy's backing down fifty thousand dollars on the elevator from Hell.
Speaker 4: So all of a sudden, we're giving away the least amount of money.
Speaker 3: Melbourne Radio third, right, we are third now in town. So the thing is we can't compete, Okay, we can't go It's like it's sort it's some sort of playground game, now is it? Our cash giveaway is bigger than your cash giveaway.
Speaker 5: That's not a cash.
Speaker 3: Giveaway, new boy, And so I can't We can't compete, all right, one hundred thousand pounds they've blown us out in the water.
Speaker 5: Fifty dollars with Eddie maguire. We can't compete with that. So what we can do what we are going to do this morning.
Speaker 3: The chance of you winning that money, all right, are slim at best, aren't they tiny? However, with us this morning, more of you will actually win. We've designed a competition where more of you will win cash. Every single call that comes on there today, I'm going to give ten dollars to It's not a life changing amount. I don't even really think it's a day changing amount. It is an hour changing amount of money.
Speaker 4: Everybody will win.
Speaker 3: Just let us sink in now. Yeah, it actually could be you. It could be you picking up ten bucks. What could you get that We get a coffee on us.
Speaker 4: You can get two coffees for that, one for you, one for your friend. Yeah, and if your friend calls in, then they got ten bucks. Save that for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So what normally happens is whenever cash is given away on breakfast shows. It's never now, It's never between six and seven, all right, they wait until prime time where more people can hear it. However, we're actually going to give away some money right now. So if you want to call in, we're going to blitz the phone lines and give away ten bucks.
Speaker 5: If you call in right now, all you got to do is call us up.
Speaker 3: However, I want you when we say hey, listen, you've got ten bucks, you go bisert like I've.
Speaker 5: Just given you one hundred thousands, okay.
Speaker 4: And if we find out that this works, the people still yell and scream for ten bucks. The session doesn't have to give away changes everything.
Speaker 3: It could be the five dollars, no repeat, what takee because we as people cheat these days. I'd want if someone said you could play a game right now can win ten bucks. I'd like that, all right, So remember to scream when you get the hour changing amount of money ten bucks on us.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So what's other shows today? Finally come back to work. They're doing so and they've got this big noisy promos saying we're giving you fifty thousand dollars in Triple M's elevator from Hell's.
Speaker 5: The mystery voice is in you can win.
Speaker 3: Win, Win, bang, And then he got Fox kidding you that you might actually win one hundred thousand dollars. We are saying you will this mornst call up, So we got to do. There's no quiz nothing, you can just have ten dollars.
Speaker 4: Will you apologize the Fox if they do give away one hundred thousand dollars this morning? I don't think they will know.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, we don't know what's going to happen over there this morning, right, but I'd be very surprised if someone does pick up the big cash. However, you can win ten bucks on us right now? Are nine four one four one oh four three? And let's see. Now we can make a kind of winners p today like radio stations left to mate with back to back screamers, Oh my god, thank you gold. But it's just ten dollars. Okay, all right, let's try this st out. First of all, we got Shane on the line. Good morning, Shane, Good morning, how are you Shane.
Speaker 5: You've won ten dollars?
Speaker 2: Who Shanet'll help pay for a trip to Darwin.
Speaker 4: We're on a road trip down.
Speaker 3: That will get you what a couple of caves if you're.
Speaker 7: Right, that'll get us a long way.
Speaker 8: That's just fanta.
Speaker 3: Shane.
Speaker 5: You are winner on gold one in four point three will do all right.
Speaker 3: He's at a high standard there, Shane, thank you very much. Good luck with your road trip to Darwin. Daniel, good morning, Good morning, Daniel.
Speaker 9: Don't tell me I didn't get through, did I?
Speaker 3: Daniel? Daniel, Daniel, We've got great news. You've got through your life on it. You've won ten bucks.
Speaker 9: Want one?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, you don't know how much this rains for Me's just.
Speaker 4: Oh we talked about it.
Speaker 10: With the house prices going down, this is gonna go oh places to buy.
Speaker 4: You'll get your foot in the door, definitely, Daniel. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Okay, Daniel, thank you very much. Enjoy spending that ten bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh, hellelujah, thanks guys.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Michelle, Yes, Christian, Michelle, great news you have won ten bucks.
Speaker 7: Ah dog you my my morning. Christian.
Speaker 8: You know what thing Monday and it's very hot.
Speaker 11: Getting up out of big but I no, no, Now I can buy my next bottle of wine Friday night.
Speaker 5: Hey, let's put it in.
Speaker 3: That's on us small winners on Gold one and four point three.
Speaker 12: Jeez, horning each cooler.
Speaker 10: God, are you kidding me?
Speaker 12: Yes, gen Bucks, it's not life changing, day changing, keeping locks on The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Morning, I love you, I love you more winners, Oh my god, I thank you more often.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're raising a bar now on show number twenty six. Things are getting serious here in Melbourne. And with these cash giveaways one hundred thousand dollars, fifty thousand dollars, that's our two rivals here, and we're deciding to raise that one hundred thousand dollars. I see that one hundred thousand dollars Fox, I see your fifty thousand dollars, triple m and I lower you ten bucks. Okay, we are serious here, high stakes jack Well.
Speaker 4: Fox never actually give away one hundred thousand dollars, which radio station sometimes say there's the chance to, but then they don't actually have to do. If anyone wins, then one hundred thousand times zero is zero dollars. We've already given away thirty dollars just this morning.
Speaker 5: Stop it.
Speaker 3: The finance direct to this morning is crying already, head in his hands. How are we going to balance all this?
Speaker 5: It's burning through this money this morning.
Speaker 3: It's only twenty past six. So should we give away some more hour changing amounts of cash?
Speaker 4: Can I give away one?
Speaker 3: Of course you can?
Speaker 5: Apparently in this this is this is Mary chuck Off.
Speaker 4: You go, Hey, Mary, how are I? Oh, don't tell me, don't tell me, Mary, Mary, give won ten dollars? Mary, what are you gonna do with ten bucks?
Speaker 9: I want to buy a scratchy ticket so I can win one hundred thousand, and then I'm gonna buy some cop balling from a scratchy throat.
Speaker 3: She's having a great summer it now she's going somewhere else with it, all right, Mary, thank you, very mum. Hey Pats, you want to have a go at this? All right? Pats?
Speaker 5: This is Chris online too.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 9: How you doing that?
Speaker 13: Hei?
Speaker 10: Chris?
Speaker 4: Are you feeling lucky?
Speaker 9: I'm feeling lucky, but I want to do but I like the idea of the Christian I colored goldpop. I want to put my ten bucks in there. And when someone goes above and beyond the call of Judy, I don't get my ten bucks.
Speaker 3: Ah, oh wow, I used to come up paying it forward, Chris.
Speaker 9: I want to hear someone screams lot better than I mean, that was pretty good, that was very impressive. But I want to raise the bar a little bit. So I can raise the bar, can get my ten bucks as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the next call of what was so potentially could get twenty bucks.
Speaker 9: Let's let's see. I'm putting the right there.
Speaker 3: Double your money, Dave, yow Dave, You've won twenty dollars.
Speaker 13: Whoa very bad The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: I get an excitable voicemail yesterday.
Speaker 4: Guys, get ready for an exciting new early morning game tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The game is called Movie Ball.
Speaker 4: And it's also got a tagline movie Ball. Every ball has a Clue?
Speaker 3: Is there anything I don't know anything about this? This is the first I've heard of it. Just the title and every ball has the clues? Or anything else you need from me?
Speaker 4: Yes, all you need to know. All you need to do is show your support for it, because these games can live or die in their early stages.
Speaker 5: On I will do my bit, Will you do your bit?
Speaker 4: I'll bring my enthusiasm.
Speaker 3: I will bring my enthusiasm. Let's see what happens in five minutes.
Speaker 1: Time The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: All it will say is this the shark is in the water.
Speaker 3: The shark is in the water on this I just found listen to swanderstand.
Speaker 5: Is it called movie balls? Says movie ball?
Speaker 4: Movie the game is called movie ball, but I will admit there are multiple balls to the game. Okay, so how does it work for every caller? I will open a new clue ball that holds a clue.
Speaker 3: I want to go home. How can you open a clue ball?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I should say we're trying to guess today's movie as well. Each day will be a new movie. I will open a new clue ball that's your water flask. Yeah, but theater of the mind, it could be clue ball. So pretend it's like powerball, where the balls are getting sucked or a tube and then handed to me. I'll get I'll get one of the clue balls, open it, I'll give the clue. Then the caller has a chance to guess If they guess right, they win. If they guess wrong, we give another clue ball and the next caller.
Speaker 5: You keep doing that with that flask thing.
Speaker 4: Well, for every clue, could.
Speaker 3: You just get some sound effects about what a weekend on this?
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll look at that for tomorrow. Okay, So this is the theme tune.
Speaker 3: I had a movie ball when every ball holds a clue? All right? So how many bit would you need to call.
Speaker 5: In for this?
Speaker 4: That is a bit harsh on the year? Is my?
Speaker 5: Is not just the injury?
Speaker 3: I think will.
Speaker 4: Needly six callers. The first caller could win, yep, but if they keep getting a run, so you open that ball once I open that ball. But the first clue is not going to be an easy one.
Speaker 5: Oh I see, I gotcha?
Speaker 3: Okay, And every of course, people that win today get ten bucks.
Speaker 4: Well I guess where Usually you have just been run prize at the end, but I guess today every caller wins ten bunce.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so give us a call now, nine four one O four three. Even if this sucks it, will you win ten bucks? Sorry, that's a negative mindset. It's going to be unlikely though. No movie ball doesn't make against them because there's several walls. There are no balls actually, just a guy opening his water bottle, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast, Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Movie ball movie Ball, when every ball holds a clue. If you go for every caller, I will open a new clue ball that will hold a clue to today's movie. Whoever guesses the movie wins the prize.
Speaker 3: You know. Producer Bex's came in, you know, and she's dealing with the people calling in right now.
Speaker 5: Confused.
Speaker 3: She just said, can you remind me how it works? I don't understand how this works. And then you start contradicting yourself as well. Chances of this work. In slip you.
Speaker 4: Said you would be enthusiastic about this.
Speaker 3: I'm being enthusiastically worrying about it. Okay, all right, First up, then Crissey, good morning.
Speaker 4: To explain the rules. Sorry, chrisy Hey, Chrissy, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 4: Each caller will have one guess, and after each incorrect guess, I'll open a new clue ball for the next caller.
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: All heading towards the guests of the right movie, the right movie.
Speaker 4: So we're looking for one movie today, Chrissy, I'll open the first get on the blue ball, got it? The first clue is. The Rotten Tomatoes score for this movie is eighty seven percent. Oh great, it means eighty per seven. Eighty seven percent of critics liked the movie. Well, what's the film, Chrissy, Jaws? It's not Jaws? Thanks for playing?
Speaker 5: Hey, you get ten you get ten bucks? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Great? Thank you. That's right, Chrissy Tory, how are you?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 4: Tory? I'm just going to open the next clue ball And the second clue is. The movie was released April nineteen eighty six. What is the film? Eighty seven percent on ron Tomatoes. It's got a great give me my music.
Speaker 5: Let's play buzz kill the music against the problem? Oh the so much?
Speaker 3: But now for I'm in a night club.
Speaker 4: Tory, what's that film?
Speaker 5: Sums up? All right?
Speaker 4: We go to John and duck Lands.
Speaker 3: He's hung up.
Speaker 4: I said, she's having a problem with their phone. Hey, John, are you liking a movie ball so far?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro.
Speaker 4: Now that's why I'm going to open your CD eight mid eighties. Let me open you a new clue. John, I'll open your new clothes. The ball comes down the ball path opening it up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a reviewers quote of the film. This is what the reviewer said. It's especially fun watching this Australian roughneck deal with local customs, traffic jams, subways and straight lights.
Speaker 5: Come on, you can get that.
Speaker 3: That's a classic eighties movie. He was there Jackie beginning Crocodile.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I need to return the Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So it was cashing on with a friend of mine yesterday evening.
Speaker 3: He's a policeman back in London and he was working busy weekend. He was working as part of the sixty million dollars. That's what England had to pace. They could have Trump over that's what it costs to provide to security detail for him. But you saw him last night. No, I was talking a friend of mine who was working.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you talking to him on the phone this week?
Speaker 5: To Donald Trump?
Speaker 4: I was like, why is he over here? If security it's a really.
Speaker 3: Be security detail this in case there are people over here who are trying to hurt Trump over there, you know, got a long range sniper's rifle, you know, from dandin Old Rangers to Windsor Castle. They're lining up Trump right now. It's a big target. To be fair with Trump, you probably could hit him that far away.
Speaker 4: So did your friend get to actually made him in shake his head?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I think if you're one of the thousands of police, they don't go, hey, listen, guys, there is going to be a chance to get a selfie with body. Anyway, It's amazing, right, he was part of the police protection as a lot of people that had to work on this. I mean it was seriously hundreds of police and am I five secret agents hidden places. But obviously because Windsor Castle was a very old castle, it's hard to provide the best kind of security detail. It's an ancient relic. It's an amazing looking place, Windsor Castle, right. Anyway, there was a bit I was watching on the news yesterday where Donald's obviously very very excited to meet the queene. Right, she must just hate him, all right. We all have people come around over the weekend. We're like, oh damn, it's this weekend, you know, And suddenly Philip's like, nah, I've got I've got I've got the squits.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to just tell him. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: He's got He suddenly announced that he's a little bit unwell, of course he is. He's just watching the he's just watching the TV's watching the gambling in us to spec it out on the horses. He's not getting about Donald Trump coming around. He's too old and I don't care anymore. Prince Phillips sod him anyway. There's a delay when Donald Trump turns up. There's a delay. There's there's quite there's quite a while before the queen comes out. I in my mind, I really hope she's doing that thing we've all done before we go to pretend we're not in stay away from the is he still it's not going on. I'm gonna have to go out.
Speaker 4: I'll get someone else. You go and speak to you know.
Speaker 5: What for we know if the queen could have gotten impersonator.
Speaker 3: Okay, the queen could have gotten impersonally just lookingike.
Speaker 4: And that's a huge call for Donald Trump, President of the United States, to make it go. I don't think you're a real queen.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do it. It's too high. With his tiny little hands, he can't work it out. So listen, here's the thing. On today's show, folks, every single one of you that calls the show is going to win ten bucks. Now. The reason we're doing this is because on Friday I came in. I'd heard this on the taxi on the way in from one of our rival stations, the Fox Melbourne's Richest Cash Contest. Yeah, that's why I heard that bit Melbourne's Richest Cash Contest ten thousand dollars. I thought, well, hang on a minute, We've also got the same amount, you know, on the ten k Neuropeat Workday, which is back this week and today.
Speaker 5: So I then chip in another.
Speaker 3: Ten dollars of my money to take it up to ten and ten dollars, thus making it the number one richest cash giveaway here in Melbourne. Fox have announced by the end of our show Friday that suddenly today the return of Fifi, Ding, Ding Wang Wang and Bong Bong that you could you can win the chance to win one hundred thousand dollars. What can we do? Okay, Triple M start trolling me online telling me hey, get in place, you're in third place, you're not actually number one, two or you're now number three, when any and the boys are back. They've got fifty thousand dollars in the elevator from hell and so what can we do. We can't raise their fifty thousand dollars or one hundred thousand dollars. I'm going to lure it to ten dollars. You've got a better chance of winning with us. You will win ten dollars this morning. If you speak on air to us, you get ten bucks. Not going to change your day, might change your hour at best. But here's the thing. When you get the news that you've got ten dollars from us, you go, is okay, Like we can put you into the winners promo, Like you've just won one hundred thousand dollars. So this morning they first we're going to give away. Want to hear about what happened to you in three words.
Speaker 1: Of Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So I want to know what happened to you? What's the story of your weekend? In three words for me? Pizza hell, so Ross, noble, brilliant, comedian Love by Brits Love by Ausies as well. And he was on the show two weeks ago, and I've known Ross for years. He's now moved back here permanently. So he invited my family to come into his for lunch keyword for lunch, come for midday, come for lunch at midday.
Speaker 4: And of course you're clinging to all UK expats at the moment because you're struggling to make you Australian.
Speaker 3: What's good on it? And so we all head out to Manta Liza. He does out that way. It's beautiful around there, really really nice. We've not been rout that way. So we turn up at midday. The kids are already starting a bit hungry. Can we just stop and get something on the way, some snacks? Lass rude, then you won't be hungry for your main male, You're right. Your parents just say goud yet even quicker when we get there. We get there and straight away I can see that Ross is stressed. He is He's not even facing anyone. He's shoveling wood around a pizza roven. They've just moved into a place, and it's very clear to me I'm no pizza of an expert.
Speaker 5: He doesn't know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: He's shoveling all this wood his face is really covered in soot, and he looks really, I know, man to man, this guy's up against it. And he said that he's used to before. He said that he knew what he was doing. It's very clear that he didn't know what he's saying. He'd already been out there in an hour shoveling the wood. Right, it's midday, two o'clock in the afternoon. Two hours later, he's still shoveling wood. I'm chatting to a guy over his shoulder, going, so you looking forward to oh, I'll open up another bag of wood. Yeah, yeah, you're looking forward to the to the toy you're going on to Darwin. His wife is now going to me.
Speaker 5: Can you say to him that I put the oven on?
Speaker 3: We just need to stop this now, And I go, Actually, I can't because I know what's happened here. Ego mainly Ego is a really really dangerous thing. Is he gone pride? He's put three hours into it now, he's past the point of no return.
Speaker 5: Quarter to five. We had lunch. My wife is getting here A take going to me.
Speaker 3: Chris go out there and say, so went I can't you don't get it, Sarah he's not gonna he's not. There's no opening him away from that pizza roven. Quarter five. We have these pizzas, I'll be honest with you, awful. You know, all the basis are still socking. You eating, you're chewing it. It's all cold. The doey bass hasn't been warmed underneath it. So we left about half eight around the corner. We just go and sit down and have an actual meal. He text me about ten o'clock and even going. The pizza oven is looking great right now at ten in the evening.
Speaker 4: Finally got it up to the temperature that it needs to be.
Speaker 3: So that is my three word weekend pizza oven. Hell, we've got Aaran on the line. Aaron, good morning, Good morning, Good morning Aaron. How old are you mate?
Speaker 8: I'm ten years old.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, thanks to giving us a call on the show, first of all, and what's your welcome? Thank you very polite young man. And Aaron, what's your three word weekend?
Speaker 8: Ninja Warrior course?
Speaker 5: Ninja Warrior course? What happened?
Speaker 8: So I went down to glen Ira a bounce and I did the WIA course in under six minutes.
Speaker 3: What it would take me about six hours. That's incredible. What was the toughest bit, Aaron? What was the hardest bit to do on the course?
Speaker 8: Probably the warped wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, describe that. What happens in the wall to wall.
Speaker 8: Warped wall? You have to run up it?
Speaker 5: Run up a wall? Yeah, forget it.
Speaker 3: How do you do you run up a wall?
Speaker 7: There's your superhero because that's the part of the course.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I've seen it on TV. It looks like a big half pipe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, back a bit.
Speaker 3: Don't then go up it and then try getting and then like clowing your way up.
Speaker 8: But I gave up on it and there was a rope there, so I used instead.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that bit on the TV show. There's a little side door lived here.
Speaker 5: Aaron. Listen, thank you very much for giving us a call. And you win. You win ten dollars.
Speaker 4: Yay. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it what you're going to do with your cash?
Speaker 8: Buy it on stuff. My guinea pig that passed away?
Speaker 3: Oh, my kids had a guinea pig and it died a couple of years ago. Miss whiskers rip, When did you guinea pig die?
Speaker 8: Two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Oh? It's still very recent. It is so sad when a pet dies, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And have you got to look like a little kind of shrine or anything in the garden.
Speaker 5: Do you bury it in the garden?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And did you have like a party for it when you buried it? Do you have some jelly and ice cream?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When we did that with her, my daughter's pet, guinea pig two years ago, we had jelly and ice cream and we played some music as well, and they said we all have to say a few worked about miss Whiskers and our time looking after her, and my daughters went, that was so much fun.
Speaker 5: Can we do it again tomorrow? I don't think that's how this works.
Speaker 1: I was a Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, always slightly nervous whenever we speak to Pats on the show, only saying this this morning because just came in during that song, and I can't say who will we talk about? But Pats comes and actually asks Jack and I about a world leader and did they need assistance? Did we think they needed assistance in the bedroom the key phrase elastic band? Anyway, Pats what's the three word weekend backdated give voucher? Oh no, what?
Speaker 6: So I thought Chris had forgotten my birthday last month and because he took a couple of days to give me my present, but he really delivered. It was a beautiful SPA voucher to get treated. So I used it yesterday and the lady at the counter was laughing, as you know. I said, I thought he'd forgotten, but he's really come up trumps this year. And she said, oh, well, he actually did. And I said forgot and she said yes. He actually got us to backdate the voucher a couple of days.
Speaker 4: To make it look.
Speaker 5: Oh that's incredible.
Speaker 6: So instead of the twenty seventh or twenty eighth when he bought it, he got it to write the twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: And he almost got away with it. Someone grasped him up a little snitch there at the SPA. That's it, all right, We've got the new smart headlines coming up next, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian, no gift, Okay, all right, it's just an accident, But you want to bring this up on air, Okay, I'm happy to get into it.
Speaker 5: Let's get into a swamp.
Speaker 4: Is my wife's thirtieth birthday on.
Speaker 3: Saturday, lovely.
Speaker 4: He threw her a little party which you can come to because you went to russ Nobles now.
Speaker 5: But before that, there's a bit missing, isn't there.
Speaker 3: It was a surprise party that you were organizing that you didn't invite me to. And then Bianca found out about the surprise party and she wanted me to come for you man, I gave a job to on the show.
Speaker 5: Didn't want me to come. He snubbed me and my wife.
Speaker 4: Okay, Actually I remember why you were on the original list is because I was inviting people off Facebook. So I made a Facebook event and then invited our friends through that. And because you don't have a Facebook like, I don't know if you can invite a whole page. I know you've got the Facebook page with.
Speaker 3: Me, you know, in a small room every single day, you know when you in town.
Speaker 5: Haven't got many friends.
Speaker 6: And I believe I'm a Facebook friend and I didn't get any invited.
Speaker 4: I invited you on Friday.
Speaker 3: I thought you make it up numbers, aren't you. You've had a couple go No, I can't make it and you go, I mean Christian, okay to push What about the other what she called Patrick nos Pats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way, you guys sadly couldn't make it. You had other plans. Christian did something very nice on Saturday morning. He left me a message saying, hey, could you tell me the bar where the parties at. I want to leave the anchor a gift.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's so lovely. We didn't expect anything. You're not entitled to give anything.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't actually invited either, So yeah, but I thought it was lovely.
Speaker 4: I told you the bar. Anyway, we're sort of having fun at the party.
Speaker 5: And they forgot.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I just I just forgot.
Speaker 5: I was round at somebody's house.
Speaker 3: As with anything with you, it's not quick turn around.
Speaker 5: Four hours later, I go.
Speaker 3: Hey, you don't need to do that, but here's the bar of details exactly where it is.
Speaker 5: But oh, I need to Champagne.
Speaker 3: I've just checked. They've got John Parenty. I'm behind the mark. Don't need to do that, but again, here's the address.
Speaker 5: Let me just repeat it really slowly. Four hours.
Speaker 3: By that time, I'm dealing with a domestic situation a man having a breakdown front of a pizza roven. I think I'll break away in a minute, call the by and deal with it, and then I'm really sorry. I just forgot all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm interested. It's nice of you to be honest.
Speaker 3: She's away for two weeks and I will when she gets back, there will be a gift to go. I've sorted out tickets for you and her to go to John Farnham performing Whispering Jack at a day at the Green Roach for the Whys on December the eighth, with guests Darryl Braithwaite and Richard Marks. The event has sold out, but I have got extropat tickets. They're on me for you and beanky to go.
Speaker 4: They actually they might not give you that because I think those tickets are in hyde a man now and they and they're saving each and every one for year for the winners on the on the station.
Speaker 3: But okay, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, well, thank you, it's lovely.
Speaker 3: I've just seen an emails coming through. We've also got some extra ones to give away this morning on the show, but I wanted I saw these out myself.
Speaker 5: They're on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now you're you're both a big fan of fancy. That's when we have a great time. Get you young kids.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, and I'll believe it when I say it.
Speaker 1: Fine The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: You've got pet?
Speaker 4: By the way, Pats, I should not listening.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he's doing press ups or something, you little news boothy nails.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 3: Where were you? I had to go the We didn't need to know. We haven't rushed anyway. Have you got have you got? Have you got pet?
Speaker 4: You've got a big fluffy dog, have you Yeah? What prisly?
Speaker 6: He's a marima an Italian sheep dog.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, if you actually guess so. I thought you'd be more of a cat.
Speaker 3: Person, to be honest, we used to have a cat, all right. What happened? Dog?
Speaker 4: Ate it?
Speaker 3: She tat of old age.
Speaker 4: I'm really sorry to hear that we're doing too many dead pets on today's show.
Speaker 3: I have that arrow and his poor old guinea pig. R I p yesterday. I'm walking my dog. And what one great, many great things about having a pet dog is you'll get chatting to other dog owners.
Speaker 5: We're always really friendly.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There are several people I recognize now, and I know what the dogs are called down a dan department off the walking my dog. Nobody what they're called, but I know I know.
Speaker 4: That guy's Molly's owner.
Speaker 3: I don't know who Molly's owner is, but I know Molly's tight. I go, Hi, Molly, and I go, oh high human with them. But anyway, yesterday, chatting to a guy, he's going, what a beautiful dog you got there? I said, yes, German shepherd dog's three years old. And it's like wow. And then I go, what about this dog here? And he goes, it's not it's not my dog, it's my step dog. And I went, what, I've never heard this race before my life. How amazing is this? I said, what do you mean? He goes, it's my new partner's dog. I'll be honest with you, it look like he hated that dog as well. Second thing about the step dog as well, he had his fitbit on round its neck where you know it's fitbit's where you're building upte.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dog is so he's claiming it.
Speaker 4: Oh he's putting his fitbit on the that's clever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's clever. But what's the point you're not you're cheating it. They're playing the system.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the partner maybe doesn't that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were thinking he did going out for like a five k run in the morning and then the dog's doing all the hard work, the step dog.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this about this great city. You are all very friendly people. You are a really really friendly people. People work in England. Keep asking me what's the light, how's it going? Because it's in the number one thing is it's a very positive city. We want to know that you're having a good time. I want to make you feel welcome. And I was showing this two weeks ago where now one of you came in. We were doing something on Friday's show two weeks ago. We're we're asking you I've been given as a gift a turntable, vinyl turntable, and we plugged it in to the studio and we're asking you to just drop by the station on Friday and if you got some vinyl, whistack it on. There's a guy called Steve Strange, DJ ste Strange who came in. It was a lovely guy, brought a friend of his who was just.
Speaker 5: Hanging out with him. We was turned up with the guitarists from the Little River band.
Speaker 4: Was anyway they write songs together every Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and go and have breakfast.
Speaker 3: But anyway, he's got thousands and thousands of vinyl albums and he'd heard me saying on the show house a big Springsteen and Stones fan. And he brought him Born to run and it was a very rare limited edition pressing. And I even said to him, if you remember, he said to me, you're going to have this Christian, I know you're a big fan. I said, oh no, no, no, that's just going to be worth at these five hundred bucks. I can't take that from him, But he insisted we'd get a phone call from him during the show. Doesn't want to come on air just to say here, listen, my wife has been googling how much it was worth. We all know how it goes the wife, and she found out one not even as rare as that had just gone for four and a half thousand dollars at an auction. So obviously I can't, I can't, I can't have this. We are sending it back. Now we've told Steve. He's saying, oh no, no, no, no no, I don't want it back. I don't want to act, but I know how it works. You know how it works. Once the wife's got involved and gone, here's what I guess what's happened.
Speaker 5: Steve's a good guy. His wife's gone.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, it's a lot of money, right, she's gone call them up. You tell them what it's worth. Here, do the right thing.
Speaker 4: So do you think Steve actually wants it back or do you think he wants you to have it as a gift. I don't think he knew. To be fair, he didn't that it was that.
Speaker 5: No, he wouldn't have given it to me. It's a huge out money. I can't. I can't have this anywhere near me. I feel terrible.
Speaker 3: So producer Becks, good morning, Becks, good morning, good morning, and I've on gold one at four point three. Please do swear okay, okay, I found out to Okay. By the way, every corner on it today wins ten bucks.
Speaker 11: Yes, I really need a coffee today, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's on your show, all right. So Becks, you're outside the front of the station right now? What do you have in your hats?
Speaker 9: I've got Steve's vital in my hands.
Speaker 11: Yep, and I've got a lovely Uber driver he's Jonathan, and he's going to deliver them to stay for it.
Speaker 5: This is great news.
Speaker 3: So, and what's the ETA of Bruce Springsteen traveling via Uber today, traveling through Melbourne to get to Steve.
Speaker 5: What's the ETA of it being returned Jonathan?
Speaker 11: What's the ETA of getting to the address there? Thirty three minutes?
Speaker 3: Thirty three minutes?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, beg, did you tell him how much it's worth? Because what if Jonathan just escapes to Mexico sells the record.
Speaker 3: It's quite a long trip. That's you going to get out of the country. We've got it on shutdown at the borders. We'll keep the man here, We'll get brucey back. Oh.
Speaker 11: I don't know whether I should. It's very rare vital, so please look after it for us.
Speaker 4: No, tell him is running the mill Vinyl? The any won steal it? Born to Run?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Say this is not to say, hey, born to Run. It's it's sold millions. This is one of the many millions in circulation. Is almost worthless do you want me to tell you that.
Speaker 5: Work for work, work for word prettuspects.
Speaker 11: Okay, it is worthless. It's sold millions of copies. It's worth nothing. We just need to get it to him.
Speaker 9: He wants it back.
Speaker 5: It's that simple, Bex. Why did that say? What's this?
Speaker 3: What does he listen to in the morning? What radio station does he listen to?
Speaker 11: What you listened to in the morning?
Speaker 3: What station?
Speaker 5: What is that that lucked on to?
Speaker 3: He doesn't listen to anything.
Speaker 10: He's got nothing on.
Speaker 11: It's very quiet in the cast.
Speaker 3: Ask him do this? Would he prepared to give this show a goo on gold one of four point three if we give him ten bucks?
Speaker 11: Christ, your light's not if you're prepared to give our show on gold ago if we give you ten bucks, yes, he says, yeah, okay, just.
Speaker 3: Just you know, becks every time it is gold one of four point three. Please get the branding right backs, you've only been five years, that's right. Just more thing miss a big about after the show?
Speaker 4: And I guess if we're giving him ten bucks back that ten dollars you just won from the show, could you pass it on to Jonathan please?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, done?
Speaker 3: Not applicable to employees of the Christian of Connor Breakfast Show. I'm looking at you, Jack as well, because you think just by speaking on air every time this morning, you've been picking up ten bucks.
Speaker 5: You two hundred dollars already, all right, So what we're doing there giving us back?
Speaker 3: Have you had to have it?
Speaker 5: Had to do this?
Speaker 3: So where someone gave you something and you had to give it back or there's the second part to this. What did you have to ask for back? Yeah, So if you come on here with your stories, we'll give you ten bucks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, everybody calls the show. There is someone's texting, want to know why I'm giving away every single quarter ten dollars?
Speaker 5: Okay, well this is why.
Speaker 3: On Friday's bet for Show, I came in and the taxi driver was listened to Fox FM and I hear this rubbish mel yep, and I'm thinking, hang on, it's not it's ten thousand dollars. We do that with the tenk and there would be workday, but doing it for ages. Just listen to the station. Hear the same song to are played twice between now and six o'clock. You can win ten thousand dollars. I then added in another ten dollars of my money. Fox found out about this. They decided to raise that to one hundred thousand dollars. I'm out the game.
Speaker 4: They saw your ten dollars and they really lift frog that quite heavily.
Speaker 5: Heavily for your chance to win.
Speaker 3: With the returner Feefee Dave Ray tom I Bingo bongo dingo wang Wait no he left, he got fired and near the guy back in lev so they're back with that. Then I get a message online trial by at Triple M Melbourne saying, hey, when Eddie's back Monday. Eddie's back, He's got fifty thousand dollars. So you're in the third place in town now like your World Cup football team.
Speaker 5: Funny stuff.
Speaker 4: Actually England came fourth in twelvecoun I don't rub it in and I was open, what's thought?
Speaker 5: You've forgotten about it anyway?
Speaker 3: So it leads me to do this. Okay, we're giving every call a ten dollars. I can't give you a hundred thousand, I can give you ten dollars. So every corner gets ten dollars. It's not life changing, its day changing.
Speaker 5: Already.
Speaker 3: We have changed some people's hour just by doing this at six o'clock this morning. It's cool.
Speaker 6: Wins.
Speaker 8: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yes, your gin box.
Speaker 12: It's not life changing, it's change changing.
Speaker 3: Shane, you won ten dollars, Michelle, great news, you have won ten bucks.
Speaker 12: Cheap it locks on the Christian o'condle breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: More winners.
Speaker 7: You don't know how much it's rained three more often?
Speaker 3: Yeah, idiot Fox.
Speaker 5: All right, So have you ever had to ask us something back? Barbara's on the.
Speaker 7: Line, Come on in, Barbara, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Hey Barbara, welcome to the show. So what's your story and you have to ask for something back?
Speaker 7: Or Yes? What happened was we hadn't long my husband and I hadn't long been married, and he went and bought a rifle. And I was so furious of what. Didn't want a gun in the house, so I made him go back down to the pub where the man where he got it from get his money back.
Speaker 5: Barbara, this is amazing story.
Speaker 3: Right. First of all, he bought a rifle in the pub.
Speaker 7: Oh, he must have must have been down there and saw someone who was selling the rifle? So the pub brought it?
Speaker 4: And why did you made it sound like he did straight after the wedding. What did the wedding have to do to do with buying a rifle.
Speaker 7: No, he was one of these sort of fellas. He bought all sorts of stuff, were mad, mad with all the instruments, you know, like musical instruments anything. He's like, get that.
Speaker 5: Guitar, bass, guitar, rifle.
Speaker 3: Also, who is selling weapons at the pub? I've had people come much in the pub. Sometimes have I got like a bootleg, you know, movie or something, but never Allison come out to the camp.
Speaker 5: Look at my boot I've got some.
Speaker 3: Rifles, Barbara.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 3: Cool Barbara. You've won ten bucks.
Speaker 7: Oh fantastic, thank you.
Speaker 5: Please enjoy the cash.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, So what have you got to ask for? Back on nine four one one O four three. I don't want up fires, but it's now fall on four, so let's stick with that now now four on four one O four three.
Speaker 5: We got here, and Brad, good morning, going pretty good, Brad? And what's your story for us?
Speaker 10: Back when I was in about grade three or four, mid eighties, Back when marbles were the trend. I had just a huge couple of boxes in a big bag full of different types, different cols and so forth. And I had a good friend that took an interest to them, and I said, we'll sell them to you, and I just want fifty cents. Mind you are probably about one hundred bucks worth of more at the time, and just wanted to do a nice thing for a friend. I sold them for fifty cents. And when Mum found out they came home with out the marbles day, she bitically lost her her marvel at me intention and Dad's view as well, hard less and learn. He's good to deal with it, but maybe go back and for them back.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's awful. That's a hard life. Lesson there, Brad, Brad, that's a great story, buddy. You've got ten bucks.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, all.
Speaker 3: Right, pleasure give us a stuff you up to ask for back.
Speaker 1: Ninety four one four one four Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hand written by me. The Christine O'Connell Breakfast Show small typo, but the idea is there and the mugs are the good body.
Speaker 5: The idea of a miss spell idea of the show.
Speaker 3: The general idea of the show, you get it reassemble the words is kind of there.
Speaker 5: This one, first of all, comes in from JK.
Speaker 3: Christian, Jack and Pats my part in a school production you were talking about last week on the show. I was in jungle Book. I was one of the monkey extras and all about any other kids. All I do was run on stage, connect bananas as our props and do some general monkey stuff on stage. I ran on forgot that bananas were laid out for us, slipped on them and wiped out a stage light and other monkeys went down a storm.
Speaker 4: At seen an actual banana appeal slip. It was so common you realize that would have been a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what maybe on to orow show, have you ever slipped on a banana skin? Well, bringing back five topic Tuesday tomorrow, so maybe that'd be one of them.
Speaker 5: Christian, I really enjoyed last week when.
Speaker 3: You were talking about what you could find on Facebook marketplace or Facebook marketplace. Price is right? Is it coming back? Yes, we're doing it again tomorrow. And I did say that we are looking for correspondent. So if you haven't look on Facebook marketplace. This guy listens to us again through a backdoor channel in Boston, America. He said, to look to see what Boston is selling. What's to be our correspondent in America in Boston used women's tights for two dollars. Oh yeah, pantyhose, got pay extra for that bag of broken crowns.
Speaker 5: Two bucks.
Speaker 3: And this is my favorite one stained kitchen towel, one dollar stained kitchen in the describe it exactly to spin it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three over that, some sort of parties work out.
Speaker 4: Just try and keep active and moving mobile kind of see for four hours Christian day.
Speaker 3: Go quite right, Joe. What a movie themeuring this is the original Superman. Yesterday I was reading in the Herald Sun. All these superhero movies that are coming out are sending a bad example to kids. All the women have got tiny wate sizes. The guys are all beefed up. They're saying it's discriminatory against some of the not my words, the thest the nicest way maybe to set some of the heavier kids at school.
Speaker 4: Or really skinny people. I mean, I got superheroes to look up to the superthen, except maybe mister Stretch or mister Fantastic. When he stretches out full, I guess he gets a bit skinnier.
Speaker 3: So come on, superhero movies, let's have a chunky one. You know, have some big dude isn't there? You know it's like wheezing a lot and doesn't run after anyone. What's his power?
Speaker 5: Though? Left over?
Speaker 3: Man, you're not gonna put all right? So we're sitting today, Let's ruin a superhero. That's the aptwork. Time wasted today, ruin a superhero. I've got iron defishient Man, the supplements to keep his iron levels up.
Speaker 5: Instead of cat Woman, I've got cat Lady.
Speaker 3: There's some crazy old cat lady with a cats thinks of cat food and tuna hashtag pats. Oh excuse me, all right, sorry, she's got a dog, but does no I think she has a lot on has sandwiches every day. You smell you take that back, Batman man, it's fruit Batman And personally, I would love the superhero movie. Forget about Judge Jed. I've got fudge dread. I love fudge. If there was a superhero just handing out fudge.
Speaker 4: He could be the heaviest superhero ar thrill.
Speaker 3: All right, Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Ruined a superhero?
Speaker 3: Fantastic?
Speaker 4: I got the villain lex loser, yep, I got I turned Thor into boar.
Speaker 5: That's brilliant. Just an it guy.
Speaker 4: And do you think is Hercules the superhero?
Speaker 3: Well, he's superhero with ssh jerku les what's he doing?
Speaker 4: He's a jerk?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, it was such a something else an overtime about it? Massive right arm, good morning. It's got one four point three. So if you want to send us yours ruin a superhero, we're still on it. Ruin a superhero text in now O four seven five O three one oh four three Jack will be marking the gold silver Bronze the Christian who con Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three segway right.
Speaker 5: Powerful.
Speaker 4: You know this Superman theme is sounds inspired by Star Wars. Don't you think it's a little bit Star Wars.
Speaker 3: There was a whole a lot of these big movies back then, late seventies, early eighties.
Speaker 5: Big orchestral brassy numbers.
Speaker 4: With Superman before or after the first Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Remember first Star Wars seventy seven Superman. I almost what to say was like some of like eighty can I get back to you?
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I think they borrowed a little bit of Star Wars.
Speaker 5: What I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm asking this morning the outword time Waster featured we do after nine o'clock. If you who listened to a REPI shows still get involved, Dony's calling. You could just text him quietly under your desk. Maybe we're asking to ruin a superhero. You're ready to mark gold, silver, bronze, ready to go? Okay, no, not that one can't really don't want why famous of that was a really bad swear word. So the green lantern, cream lantern, Yeah, that's all right. Bronze, Yeah, that's from Patrick. Spider Man becomes Spider Vein Man. I don't know spider Vein, spider Vein or what some more oldly people can get when they called Spider Man. Yeah, yes, we call like Varica Spains, is it? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, sure, Bronze plush for Silk.
Speaker 5: Comedy.
Speaker 3: My team was lost again. He's soaking silver? Yeah, what a tom cracked in America? Silver? Yeah, that's some men in Mitcham the melodramatic panther.
Speaker 4: The melodramatic Panther's are the black panther.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ramatic, no, no good tonight, Christian. Mine would be since sort of Spider Man, sider Man. He just sits apart bench drinking cider. I love this one. I would watch that. I'd rather see that. When then Toby maguire was actually Spider Man, which was dull silver plus six dollar Man instead of million dollar Man silver.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying many golds, not saying many goals.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the ones that the rest of them that coming.
Speaker 5: There are no golds. I think we peaked this morning.
Speaker 4: My cousin texted me one and I think this could be close to gold. The flasher instead of the flash. Yeah, I had quite a few of those. Didn't read them out on Edge it was appropriate.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you want to give away a prize for someone exposing their genitals, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think I can give him you were in. I don't think I can give him prize anyway because he's related to somebody who.
Speaker 3: This is funny. Someone exposed themselves. Okay, well from the.
Speaker 5: Hashtag me too.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack finds o that kind of stuff, funny, Shut it Down, Sided Man gets the Gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This Wednesday, it is back the last hour of the Breakforence Show between nine and ten. We're asking you to help form the ultimate playlist. Last week we did the first one. It was high school Disco. Great hour of songs that took you back to your high school disco. This one an even bigger choice. Really is your favorite songs in movies? There have been so many. I was singing yesterday. I was looking into this and having a round on YouTube, went down a wormhole. School Sacey done some brilliant movies. He uses music really well. In Good Fellows, They've got the Claptain's lailor is used really well where everyone's getting bumped off.
Speaker 4: I's still on my list of movies to see.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen anything the Departed?
Speaker 3: Have you seen that?
Speaker 4: I love The Departing?
Speaker 3: Great movie, Matt Damian Jack Nicholson. Gimme Shelter by the Stones as used in an amazing scene in that. That's really good. But if I was picking what song, I'd probably go with.
Speaker 5: This from Bubble Ray.
Speaker 3: You've never seen that, never even heard of it. Yeah, a lot of people don't remember that there was one back in the eighties. So it's a really really big movie. And actually, if you go on line and read about it, what the real hidden meaning was is quite far out there. What he was trying to say is prince in the film. Yeah, yeah, there you go. Yeah you should check it out. Also, Tarantino uses music really well. Not one of his mega known movies, but Jackie Brown was a great movie. Have you seen that having Oh it's a great movie.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 3: The opening scene in Jackie Brown Bobby Womack across one hundred and tenth Street.
Speaker 5: This came listening to us yesterday. Just repeat. It's such a great song.
Speaker 3: If I had to go one though, there was a movie that when this came out, it was such a big moment in me and my mate's lives and talk him out back to the future and there's a scene where they use this song Huey Lewis and the news. Can you think about Martley went by rugging on the guitar into the amp, been blown across the room as well.
Speaker 5: I would go for that one, jack what's.
Speaker 3: It for you?
Speaker 4: I've chosen the Tarantino one. I got an unlucky bounce there with Jackie Brown because I feel like I've seen all the other Tarantinos except.
Speaker 5: Kill Bill and He'll Bill one and Kilble two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I haven't seen it either. They're great movies, they're on the list, but you have seen Reservoir Talks, and I've chosen Stuck in the Middle.
Speaker 5: Oh right, one of the most violent scenes in movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clowns to the letting me jokers to the rage, he snugg in the middle with you, mister blonde cuts somebody's ear off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will remember, we us you going into back into full on description about it. But it was incredible. I think that was an old landmark in movie history that because it was a really violent scene with this really upbeat song song. Yeah. Yeah, all right then, So if you want to go to our Facebook page, head online to Facebook, oh ce one o four to three to us what your favorite songs from movies are and we'll make the ultimate playlist Wednesday on the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Make movie Ball your early morning quiz. You debuted this morning.
Speaker 4: Pacia Better and that Yeah, yeah, I like the name. I feel like the name has potential to be catchy. Oh pray movie Ball. Oh he's about to do movie Ball. Get up early, it's movie Ball.
Speaker 3: No, no one's going to be up that if they heard how it existed this morning at quarter to seven. I pray no one right now.
Speaker 5: There's no way if you heard that quarter seven, you're not still listening to us.
Speaker 4: I think you particularly put sour grapes onto movie Ball.
Speaker 3: You gave me no choice. If you serve up tripe, I have to go, this isn't good enough.
Speaker 4: If you were playing movie Ball or your own game, I would do a lot of in the background like oh, yes, oh this is good.
Speaker 3: Is he going to get it?
Speaker 5: Well, then you'd be lying okay.
Speaker 3: But because even our producer Becks came in about an hour ago and said it wasn't very good.
Speaker 4: Bex, did you say that yep?
Speaker 5: She did?
Speaker 4: No, yes, yeh. She's given a thumbs up, as in, yes, you said that.
Speaker 5: Yep, she did.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 5: She said that she didn't, didn't you, Bex?
Speaker 4: I thought the thumbs up might be like, yes, I like movie but yes, I definitely said that it's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be pretty. I wouldn't be doing it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But maybe you were answering too many phones and you didn't really hear it.
Speaker 3: The thing is, it's if it isn't better, it's going to be fired tomorrow, all right.
Speaker 4: So then I get the week off
Speaker 1: Or the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three