Speaker 1: Hey, it's the pick up right around the country Wednesday with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Listen, you need to rush into chemists warehouse. They got half priced off vitamins and cosmetics. Tell a friend, teas and seas, apply a chemist's warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: This is very fitting music. You said you have a ghost story.
Speaker 1: Laura has a ghost story. Everyone and Britt and I are kind of taken the mickey out of it. But your breath was taken away when you told us this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I cried, and now you're taking and making fun.
Speaker 2: Of me because I believe in ghosts. I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I'm a skeptic, Okay, I'm a skeptic with anything that you could think is kind of mildly woo woo, even for me. I'm like, oh, meditation feels a bit much even Byron bay freaks.
Speaker 2: Meditation is science.
Speaker 1: Like Laura walks past the Tree of life and she shudders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't come to me with any sort of herbal medicine.
Speaker 2: I take it back.
Speaker 3: Look, I've always sort of said that I am far more of a skeptic, and it is very challenging to make me believe any of this sort of stuff. Now, I know that you have said many times that you think that you have seen a ghost.
Speaker 2: I've dated one before.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: He just disappeared one day, just very very white. So the other night it was it was the night before Father's Day. And to give you some context, So my grandfather, my papa, he passed away two years ago, and he was someone who I was incredibly close with.
Speaker 2: I lived with him growing up.
Speaker 3: He was my father figure growing up, and we had an incredible relationship. So when he passed away, it felt like losing my dad. And I mean, I have my dad and we have a great relationship, but he was like my second dad. And I find it really hard to remember exactly what he looks like unless I'm looking at a photo or unless I'm watching a video. I find it really hard to recall his face. I can recall features, but I can't really recall him perfectly. And usually it's when I am recalling it, I'm recalling a picture of him that I have saved as my screensaver on my phone.
Speaker 2: You're not recalling the actual moment, but the picture of the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And anyway, so I went to bed, I shut my eyes and I was in that sort of you know, that little bit of twilight sleep where you're not quite asleep, but you're still very much awakening in your mind.
Speaker 1: Off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had this, I had this profound image of him that it sounds so weird to say, but I had my eyes closed, and I had this real sense that he was in the room. I had my eyes shut, but I could see him sitting there and he was holding my hand and he just and he just looked so happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I had this real moment where I was like, oh, and I said to Matt. I was like, Matt, my husband. I was like, Papa was here. I was like what. And I was like, he's in the room. And Matt was like what. It's it's eleven o'clock at night and he passed away two years ago, so I'm going to guess he's not. But I really felt like, for that moment that he was in the room with me and that he was holding my hand.
Speaker 1: Oh Lord.
Speaker 3: And it's the only time I've ever experienced anything like that, and it was Sorry. Didn't expect that i'd cry, but it was so very real and I've never ever felt that close to him since he'd passed away.
Speaker 4: That's really beautiful, and I mean someone that believes in it.
Speaker 2: For me, without doubt, he was in the room with you. He was really there. He for some reason might have known that you needed him at that time. It was just before Father's Day.
Speaker 4: Maybe he thought, now it's the time I'm going to show myself to her and let her know that it's okay. But I truly believe he was one hundred percent there and that you, whether you knew it or not, you needed to have that experience.
Speaker 1: Well out of interest laws, what did when you saw him? Because you said that you can't really picture his face other than the photo. Where was he like? Was he old papa? Was he like a younger papa?
Speaker 3: No, so he was my memory of him from when I was in my sort of twenties, and he was so he was younger, but he just it was It was bright and it was light, which is what was so weird, because when you're in the dark and you got your closed, even your memories are dark.
Speaker 2: But I was awake and it was.
Speaker 3: Light, and and he was just sitting there and he was holding my hand, but I felt like he was holding my hand.
Speaker 2: I honestly can't describe.
Speaker 3: It was the weirdest experience I've ever had, and for someone who is truly the most skeptical person when it comes to anything that's otherworldly, it was really, really beautiful and I just felt so close to him.
Speaker 2: Again, that's so nice. So can we officially say you're on team ghost now? I see dead people.
Speaker 1: Off? If I play is that off? If I play that? I love you and I think it's a beautiful story. But can I play background?
Speaker 2: We needed something to live that up a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I would love to know, though, if you ever felt like you've seen a ghost or you've had an experience like that, can just contact us at the pickup because we would love to hear your story.
Speaker 1: And if you are listening and you are a ghost five, i'd love to hear. I'm still a skeptic guy, so I need to be converted witch never seen a ghost.
Speaker 2: One day I'll tell you some of my ghost stories. I have some crazy, crazy Well.
Speaker 1: I'm the next one to be converted here on the pickup, so I'll have an experience and then I'll let you guys know.
Speaker 2: I'll send Papa your way well, I actually have a papa and yeah.
Speaker 1: He's with us. I know.
Speaker 3: I saw him.
Speaker 1: I saw him for Father's Day in real life on my bed. He held my hand, bit on the nose. I love you. Sorry Beyond. As I was saying this, I thought that was on the nose. I'm apologizing to you. Laura girl.
Speaker 2: I have a papa too, but he's real.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Wow,