Speaker 1: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to the She's on the Money Radio Show podcast. Now I am not viodcast.
Speaker 3: For millennials who want financial freedom.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I'm not Victoria. That's Victoria.
Speaker 3: You've now the radio show.
Speaker 2: Which means I am here. My name is Trav, by the way, and I Trav. Nice to meet you too. You're gonna come no, thank you for having me. You're gonna hear a little bit more on my voice. So I'm sorry about that Australia.
Speaker 3: But sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 2: Speaking of sorry, we've also got miss oh.
Speaker 4: Don't that can't be my tie in? Speaking of speaking of sorry, here's the mother. We're sorry that he's here because our banter is electric. But boom boom, here comes bows of the dinosaur, Like, give me a break.
Speaker 2: This cute just make a Mario reference made? What is going on?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 3: I love it? Hello, money for the Money?
Speaker 4: Hello? Everyone, Well guess what He's on the money. That's me. I am the heat. How do you start the show every week? Victoria?
Speaker 6: We always started with hello and welcome to She's on the Money. Hello, welcomes for millennials who want financial freedom.
Speaker 4: Can you give out a crack Hello and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast for millennials and seniors who want to get a grap on their coin.
Speaker 6: Oh good, this is going in such a different direction for the actual podcast, but you know what, this is the very rogue, very exciting radio show rap that we're going to do every week for you guys. Because as much as the radio show is fun, it's also full of music and we talk during that music. So it just makes sense to make more content and introduce you to my two very new, very best friend.
Speaker 2: Hey. Coming up a little bit later on this podcast, we're going to talk Super Save a Saturday. We're going to give you some sneaky tips how you can keep more bucks in your bank account. All so money matters. If you were struggling with your cash flow and you got yourself in a little bit of a situation, need some advice, you can hit us up at the She's on the Money Socials. We're going to chat to Holly who wants some advice on buying her first house using Super But coming up next, Mitch, better known as the Facebook marketplace fiends, gonna tell us what he has brought off Facebook marketplace, and it's weird, I know, And I mean, you're not getting out of this that easy, young divine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Gina, what I am getting out of easy the judgment of the podcast listeners because they already know this. I know, BE shared it on the podcast before, and I have reused it for the radio content. If any of you call me out, I will personally come for you.
Speaker 4: Before we start. Though, before we start, are you how did you think the first show went, Victoria, Because this is the start of a beautiful friendship and a long show you know, in our twentieth year will go. God, remember when we first started and we spoke about the theremn.
Speaker 6: Well, you've been in radio for a very long time, and I believe you've got your start in radio as a chicken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bring that on me. In the very first se Chicken the show, I was actually done. I'll tell you the story. I was the it's a ten minute story. I hope you see it. I was the Kyle and Jackie O cash cock in Sydney and I used to run around the streets and actually, oh my god, this is the perfect money tie in because I had one thousand dollars strapped to me and I was dressed as a rooster, and I would run down the street and they'd be I'd be live on Kyle and Jackie Birmingham Road and then who what?
Speaker 3: Who on earth?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: How is that legal?
Speaker 4: It's not. And I've been in radio ten years and I love it.
Speaker 6: I love I was about to say like that, one can't be two cannot be insured. Like imagine calling VCAT and being like, hey, so I got injured at work.
Speaker 4: I know, imagine calling fair Work and going Hi, I've just got to make a complaint. Yeah, what happened like that is actually how I got my start. But yeah, people would grab me and take the cash.
Speaker 3: And so you saying that I can take cash off you for a seat.
Speaker 4: On you only if you tackle me to the ground. You got to really get me dirty.
Speaker 3: I'm five to one. That is not happening.
Speaker 4: Three people pay for that stuff, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: They pay to be tall.
Speaker 4: No, they pay to watch that stuff go down.
Speaker 6: You know, I have no intention of ever getting radio show photos with you. If you're six three and I'm five to one, I'm gonna like a cartoon.
Speaker 4: You know, a box. You could stand on a box or you would have to do that awkward like you putting your hand on my shoulder.
Speaker 6: You know, like the lean on me, yeah, or you know how you like put both of your hands on your knees and like lean forward in a photo.
Speaker 3: It's just really calm.
Speaker 4: I can put you on my shoulder. You could just sit on my shoulder like like.
Speaker 3: A little money god mother.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it all right, move on, how we show them what happened on the show.
Speaker 2: Let's do that our very first. She's on the Money Radio show coming up straight after.
Speaker 5: This, She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 4: With Victoria Divine. Are you fish book?
Speaker 2: Fitch? Mitch, Mitch, my dear Mitch. Apparently you've got a little obsession, mate, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Do have it, and I wouldn't I wouldn't call it an unhealthy obsession. But I know you guys we were talking off the yeir, but we all love a bit of Facebook Marketplace right.
Speaker 6: Facebook Marketplace is one of my favorite things in the entire world. Do you manifest things on Facebook Marketplace as well? Did you like make something appeer that you just really wanted by thinking about it and searching it so insistantly.
Speaker 4: I will see something full price in a shop front window, and I will look at it and I will imagine it on Facebook, the little add the price, the discount, and it will happen the next day, it'll be there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what kind of data Facebook has on me, but I always get Lamborghinis and things, and I am never looking or buying at Lamborghini.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, that's not my that's notly my tag. I get really with things like I bought a fireplace off Marketplace, but my most recent purchase. Have you guys heard of a of a theremon? No, it's a musical instrument.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's definitely No, it's a.
Speaker 4: Music inst it's you know file. No, I've actually got it here. Should I just get it and show you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you should go and get it.
Speaker 2: It's actually radios. This is very awkward right now. I don't think anybody can see this.
Speaker 3: No, I want to see the theremon. I will explain it.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, mind you one hundred brand new, got it for seven hundred bargain. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It looks like a toasty maker.
Speaker 3: Are you sure that's not a sandwich press?
Speaker 4: Quiet? I trust me. Don't look like I'd know the difference between a theerremon and a sandwich press. I do?
Speaker 3: Can you put cheese in it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: This is this is my theramone and this is the instrument.
Speaker 3: Why has it got an aerieal?
Speaker 4: It's got two aerials, two and ten. I here we go. I'm going to play theramon that I bought on faceook Mike place here.
Speaker 2: That is actually theme sounds like my heart will go on.
Speaker 6: Actually, my niece and nephew they have one of those. You press the button and it plays a musical song and they sing n very very similar to a child.
Speaker 4: Isn't that great?
Speaker 3: I think Fisher Price do one for like fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: Can you send me a link?
Speaker 3: Please, no problems.
Speaker 2: What's the best thing that you've bought off marketplace?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I buy so much.
Speaker 6: I've bought furniture. I decorated my entire garden. I at one stage bought roll out turf for my nature strip because someone had leftover roll out turf and I had to fill my car with.
Speaker 3: It, clean it for days, like I was going.
Speaker 6: Through the car wash so many times so I could use their free vacuum.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was a lot. Okay, So we've had a theerremone a I still don't know what a theramy. I'm just impressed. I remembered what it was called.
Speaker 4: I'll come into a performance, Victoria. You give me your address and i'll be there.
Speaker 3: Old all right, I'll send it to you after.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty convinced it is a sandwich press that makes sounds though.
Speaker 2: All right, Victoria has bought fake lawn. Mitch's got a ferryman thirty what I six? Five? What bargain did you snap up of Facebook marketplace? And how much did you say? We're going to take your calls and hear your stories? Next? This is she's on the Money radio show. Why are you on first book? All right? You might be hearing a bit of a weird noise. That is Mitch's theremone, which he bought a Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 3: I've literally really never heard a better sandwich press.
Speaker 2: It's not a bravel, it's a therem He actually made us a really nice ham and cheese toasty as well.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 4: That's just that's separate to the therapy.
Speaker 6: So it's electromagnetic, which means the closer you get to it, the sound changes. So it's like he's just like waving his hands in the air like he's doing a bit of tai chi.
Speaker 2: A great purchase, well, says you. All right, well you're taking your calls right now. Thirty oney six five? What bargain did you buy a Facebook marketplace? And how much did you save? All right, Jess's cordus. It was your husband, Jess, what titty buy?
Speaker 5: He bought a five seater bar for two thousand, nine hundred and it's worth a little bit over eleven grand. Gosh has a whole kitten kaboodle like led light, Bluetooth sound systems.
Speaker 4: Great in it.
Speaker 5: Except he didn't realize that you need to pay for transport.
Speaker 3: Transport would be so expense on a SPA.
Speaker 4: There'd be a lot of money.
Speaker 5: So it's about eleven hundred and then it transport in transport.
Speaker 3: Wait, the real question here is did you actually even want a spa?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We did, you did.
Speaker 6: This isn't as bad as I thought it could be, but it could have been really funny.
Speaker 4: Did all the money saved end up being spent on the transport costs?
Speaker 6: It was eleven hundred dollars Yeah, for like an eleven thousand dollars spar Look We'll call that a money win.
Speaker 4: That's a win. That's a win. Take it.
Speaker 3: Can I come over let's address lately?
Speaker 2: Maybe you can hire it out to people.
Speaker 5: Yes, get some of our money back.
Speaker 4: She doesn't sound convinced. I'm not getting that money in my spa.
Speaker 2: All right, Adam has called on thirty one oh six five, Adam, what have you bought? How much did you save? Facebook Marketplace?
Speaker 5: But I found this cheeky baggage selling his home brew and I managed to pick out twenty cases for about one hundred bucks, which just saved about nine hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: If you think about it, that's a money win. Let's just point out we don't condone the illegal selling of alcohol here.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, how do you make this?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 6: Where's this from what you said it was going to be? How much have you consumed?
Speaker 4: Adam?
Speaker 2: Look through those twenty cases in a couple of weekends.
Speaker 3: It's already gone and you are still alive. That is also a.
Speaker 4: Money Adam's like, I've had diarrhea for the past month, but no, I said it was a good purchase.
Speaker 2: Slightly going blind, but that's.
Speaker 4: Fine, Yeah, thanks Adam.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, now this isn't a Facebook Marketplace buyer. This is a Facebook Marketplace seller, Sophie. What do you selling on Facebook Marketplace?
Speaker 4: To Mitch?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I just sell whatever I can get my hands on.
Speaker 3: All right, did you recently sell a theremon?
Speaker 2: Are these things yours?
Speaker 4: So are you calling us from a prison?
Speaker 7: Not yet. My dad bought shoes in the wrong size online and so I was going to give them to the shock because I couldn't be bothered selling them. But let's give it a go. Because my dad's in his seventies. I didn't think he had any good shoe tastes, right, but it turns out everyone wanted.
Speaker 3: Is that's because the biggest demographic on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need shoes, I'm all and really really weird content radio announcers.
Speaker 4: They're the only two people on Facebook marketplaces.
Speaker 3: How much did you make for the shoes?
Speaker 7: Seventy bucks? But I may or may not.
Speaker 3: Have pocketed yourself.
Speaker 5: Wack.
Speaker 4: Wait they were use shoes and you got seventy bucks for it.
Speaker 6: So there were new shoes that didn't feed her dad, so she took them from her dad, sold them, pocketed the cash.
Speaker 3: Did you tell your dad?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Where did the shoes go in your dad's eyes.
Speaker 7: He has not asked me about it yet.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Victoria each week will bring someone's financial story on air to get your advice on what they should do so you can send them into hit us up. Sentence an audio message we played on the show. Are you ready to give some cash advice?
Speaker 6: I would love to do that, But if you think I'm going to take this seriously, you put another thing coming though.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we never said it would be good advice.
Speaker 6: It's just like I did not promise anything. The good advice that's over on the podcast. This is radio, this is entertainment. I can't let you down.
Speaker 4: This is holy. So this is the first one for the first show. She sent us this message. She wants advice on buying her first house using her superannuation.
Speaker 6: My partner and I are saving for a deposit to buy our first house. We're considering whether we put our savings into our super annuation for the first homeowner scheme or whether we just keep it in the bank. Would love your advice on what you think we should do.
Speaker 4: See that's scary. I feel like touching super is like at her age and at my age, I wouldn't know how to we even get access to my super.
Speaker 3: So it's not as scary as you think it is.
Speaker 6: It is actually scary if you're listening to the liberals and what they have to say about their proposed plan to let you access your superannuation to buy property, which I think is incredibly negative.
Speaker 4: That's stupid because it is just going to come back and bite when the butt later on.
Speaker 6: Literally, they're saying you can take up to fifty thousand dollars out of your superannuation to put towards property that Mitch by the time you're retired, if we do some real quick maths, because I am actually a legitimate financial advisor, yeah, I had an average rate of return of seven and a half percent. That's like fine, one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars that you're missing out on in retirement if you take fifty k out today.
Speaker 4: It's just an election thing, right. They just wanted to get by saying that because it look it sounded good.
Speaker 6: It sounds really good on the surface, but I just think that there's a lot of detrimental things. But our listener, she was actually asking about the first time super savior scheme, and you can say that five times really quick. You are better than I am at that. But essentially that scheme is really effective for a lot of people because you can make additional voluntary contributions to super and actually make use of the tax payable in super so fifteen percent instead of your marginal tax rate. And it might put you ahead in terms of savings just by dumping some cash in your super fund to then pull it out later when you're buying property.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. So it could work for Holly.
Speaker 6: Yes, And it's very different to what the liberal government are proposing. It's actually the legit way of putting yourself ahead and utilizing superannuation to do it.
Speaker 4: So you were worried. That was good advice, that was legit. I wrote notes. I took something from that.
Speaker 3: I was watching you and you did not write any notes.
Speaker 4: Actually, get wrong there. I've just drawn a giant smiley face I write, I write nothing down. If you want to get a question and get in touch with this, hit us up on social search. She's on the money. We'll answer your question next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and super save a Saturday coming up next Victoria. You're going to give us some sneaky tips. Sneaky I feel like we need to be a little bit sneakier.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they actually sneaky. They're not going to be sneaky one, so you put them on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point. But it's going to keep more bucks in your bank account. That's coming up next on She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 4: With Victoria Divine.
Speaker 2: Across the country. She's on the Money Radio Show with Australia's number one finance podcaster, Victoria Divine and Mitch Tury.
Speaker 3: He's not the podcaster though, guys, No, but I am number one.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's the part that's me. I'm number one. You're the podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm number one. You can't be number two. No, okay, move on. What are we here for today?
Speaker 2: We're about to save some people some money.
Speaker 4: With this sinceer save the Saturday. I love this, Victoria. This is honestly, I think the best part of our show. And it is the first show, so I'm really setting it up for failure. But this is honestly why I love listening to your podcast and why I love following you, because I'm such a tight us that I love saving bank and I'm.
Speaker 6: Such a tight us but I love sharing my tight ass tips with everybody, so it works out really well.
Speaker 4: So give us some tips because I've got something. But I want to hear the pro ones. What I so?
Speaker 3: Fuel is incredibly expensive at the moment, like I feel, you don't know, you must be retreats.
Speaker 2: No, I just walk.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Oh my gosh, you're so fancy.
Speaker 4: It's such a skin. Of course you walk everywhere, trav.
Speaker 6: But if you're not travs, you might be interested in this. And that is the not sponsored. It's just good recommendation of the seven to eleven fuel lapp, which you guys probably haven't seen before because it's a bit of a niche recommendation. But the reason we love this is you can lock in fuel prices. So when the fuel is like at a reasonable price, you can lock it in so that when you go to the bowelser the next day and it's like more than two dollars, you can be like, yeah, but I locked it at a dollar, Seve.
Speaker 4: Wait it stays at the good price.
Speaker 3: Yes, you get to lock in the good prices. If you can't get to the bowser, oh.
Speaker 2: What happens if there's a better price once you've locked it in, isn't you.
Speaker 3: Just unlock it and then relocked the g what? But are you walking? No, you didn't get your driver's license.
Speaker 2: I was seventeen years old, Thank you. I move up to Callum Undersenior High School my first day anyway, No, no, no, but I mean, like, if you get a better price, you can just unlock it and go no no, no, that's a dollar seventy, but now it's a dollar six.
Speaker 3: I just lock in the better prize.
Speaker 2: That is amazing.
Speaker 6: You've just got to check the app always and you can see the different prices all around the city, and I feel like it's a game changer.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good a car, I would Mitch, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Okay? So mine is I think fast, superior. So I work. I host the night show, like the late night show at KISSFM, and no one plug for each show the night show everybody. That's why I get paid millions. And I finished the night show at ten o'clock and there's no staff in the building. So if you work weird hours or if no one's watching, really go like.
Speaker 3: I know where this is going.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's theft. So but listen little things. We're not talking petty theft all grand theft auto. It's take a loaf of bread, or take a leader of milk that maybe if someone has used for one cup of tea and you still got more than half left, you know, take the butter if there's only half left. Take the little things that the big business won't notice, but you really having in your house.
Speaker 6: So what are you doing going home with half a jug of milk and a tub of butter for dinner?
Speaker 3: Or are you putting these things on Facebook?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: I'm howking them again on my Victoria Devine touched this loaf for bread one thousand bucks and people lining up, they line up.
Speaker 3: What was the last thing you stole?
Speaker 4: I stole oat milk and I don't even drink oat milk. But I just.
Speaker 3: A gift for me. That's so good.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to infuriate the three people in your workplace that have ordered that oat milk. Good.
Speaker 3: Who's yeah, there's only ever one oat milk?
Speaker 4: Like what my money tip? Don't come?
Speaker 2: I think we had an email about that.
Speaker 6: I can actually see who is the novice and who is the expert in this relationship, and that's been made very clear on our very first episode.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness. All right, that is us done and dusted show number one. We'll couch you next week and then you can catch up with us anytime on socials. Just search shees on The Money.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Great for a show, Victoria, I think.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we were so good.
Speaker 6: You are definitely a number one, ten out of ten, my friend. Thank you to miss any if she's on The Money Radio Show with Victoria Devine, hear it on the catch Up podcast on iHeartRadio.