Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 3: I sit down and I start crying.
Speaker 4: Boom, that's the knockout punch.
Speaker 5: I'm not a mom. I'm getting a little.
Speaker 2: Bit here, you guys, the Christian O'Connell show. I'm Gold one four point three.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, Thursday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show on Gold. Come on in, Jack, how are you? I'm frustrated, really really frustrated morning Patsy. Hey boys, you guys would have been through this. Everyone's had this where they call up the customer services number and try and leave a company. Good luck. I tried yesterday. I tried. I tried. I tried, tried, tried so hard call this company to leave my gym. It's easier to get to ball.
Speaker 4: Jim's are the worst one.
Speaker 5: Oh my word. And when I signed up a couple of years ago, I've got a cheaper local gym now where I go to with the kids and my wife. So I said, I counsel I member ships. I thought it'd be really easy. I didn't think they did those fixed term, long term contracts. Twenty minutes Yesterdrow twenty minutes transferred to three, three different people. All right, I rang, and straight away the lily went, they must just I think it was. She sounded excited. She went, oh, I can't do that. Let me transfer to anyone's another team, And I'm like, where am I going now? Then there's music for ten minutes. Am I trapped in the system, and I know what they're trying to do. They are urging me to hang up. I'm not going anywhere. If i'm I'll cancel the show. I will. I'm staying here until I die. Okay, I'm going to wait this out. So I feed the dogs, I start unloading the washing machine. I started using it, and then a humanoid picks up Hello, and I said, yeah, I'd like to cancel my gym membership. When she goes, I just need your phone number. They do the old sound effects basically, aren't they And they were laughing listening guys, I'll put him on speaking. Oh no, no, no, you can't leave for it for a year? I went, no. I was told it was like a month. So I'm just letting you know. Now you know, I'll be leaving in a month's time and we have five minutes you know where they It's just someone trying to do a job. But they're reading from the script, aren't they about what to say you? They're not listening to anything you say. They just keep repeating the same phrases. You know, my good douglasn't you? The anger starts to rise up, and you're just trying to get it, says the human trying to do a job. And then she goes, so basically, there's nothing you can do. I went, look, I'm really unhappy with this. This doesn't seem fair. I said, does it seem fair to you? Silence from the human but obviously not allowed to say if.
Speaker 4: You got one off script?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's nothing that She goes, would you like to take this further? I went, yeah, I really would. She goes, that's what she said. She goes, I'll take it to the escalator.
Speaker 4: Is that a person?
Speaker 5: That's why I said? I said, who? I said, the escalator? That's someone? Is the escalator there? She went up, this it's actually a team. There's a team of escalators. She goes, yes, I'm now back in hold for seven minutes. I don't know whether there's an escalator to get up to the escalators. She disappeared. Then she comes back on going. The escalation team will call you back in three to five working days. Are how many escalations are they working on three.
Speaker 6: To five days?
Speaker 4: How many people are escalating to get to the escalation.
Speaker 5: Three to five days? So now I just want to well, I don't sleep. She said that they call you at some point. I want to keep the phone on during the night. I don't want to miss that call they're going to call me. So yeah, I've got to work. I just wait around now next three to five days where someone from the escalation team will call me once they reviewed get this my case and now, and then I got emailed at a case number, you know, like in a criminal in coll.
Speaker 4: You know, you're just going back to square one. Anyway, escalation team is going to be even better at doing that script. The first person is.
Speaker 5: They're going to have skills that I don't know. Then I train hostage and thegotiot. They're going to grind the man that they're going to drind this man down.
Speaker 4: And you're only what you're trying to do is meet them on an emotional level, which they don't want to meet you at, which is like do you think that's very wise?
Speaker 7: Thing?
Speaker 5: I was trying to appeal to a human side. Forget it. I actually think I might just give away my gym membership to a listener, maybe a different one, each month of the next one month. At least someone could get a free work out on me, because there's no way they're going to let me go.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Patsy, look at that? Would you take up my case?
Speaker 8: Well, I was about to suggest before you do need to get onto Consumer Affairs Victoria.
Speaker 3: They'll sort it for you.
Speaker 5: But if I've signed a contract, that's on me. Then that I've signed the contract, did it.
Speaker 3: Say you would have to like it locked you into a certain period?
Speaker 5: Do you check all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Look, I trust them. I trust the gym to have looked over the contract more than I trust you.
Speaker 5: You are now the man. No, I hate the escalator. I finally met him. You are the wizard of ours behind the curtain.
Speaker 4: You're the escalator. I've done my fair share on the phone. I had an internet company once where the internet was transferring to a new house and it just wouldn't work at the new house. And then they said, we can't cancel it until you go take your modem to a next door neighbor and see if it works at their house. I'm kind of knock on my new neighbor's door and plug my modem in.
Speaker 5: Because you think they're trying to like piggyback or anything. I'm not falling for that. You're catfishing. I don't think that's catfishing, but anyway, they're fishing in some way.
Speaker 4: And they said, until you try that, we can't cancel you really do I think I.
Speaker 5: Did lie and went hang on him, close the door. No, no, no, he's just tried it. But a great idea to at least try it. So can we cancel that now? But consumer fers aren't going to get involved in a petty.
Speaker 8: S, but they'll be able to tell you about your rights where you stand in this situation.
Speaker 5: I got to be honest, right, I think I need someone more tenacious than me. Would you? I would actually pay you, right, Patsy?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Seriously? I just need this. I can't you want me.
Speaker 3: To bust some heads for you?
Speaker 5: This escalated really quickly. You're this show's escalator. Bust some heads.
Speaker 4: Remember, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To call it back today. I go, look, I didn't want to do this, but I'm this close to gett a friend of mine, to bust some heads. You recording this good bust some heads? So which way which? Once I dropped this hammer, I can't undrop it? Okay, so just think through the next move. Let that escalection team right now. You've got my case number. By the way, the case number of the game is like an eighty seven digit and I think you write this down. I'm like, yeah, you're not a A A four one.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast, the.
Speaker 5: Kicks off this week at said of the eighties. Each week we're going to go through the alphabet and ask you what is that letter and the eighties? Yesterday it was the letter a Bat. She shared a love letter to her first teenage crush, Andrew McCarthy. A lot of emails some ladies who also had the hues crushes and post on the wall of this guy went from the eighties into the nineties. Andre Agassi a double A really Andrea Gassy had the hair. Yesterday Pats was all talking about acid wash jeans, Jack and I find a phone of him playing in an open wearing denim not the kind of ultra thin gossomer thing sort of Nike shorts wear wearing actual denim acid wash jeans and if you've read his book a week, Yeah, and he still wins. Imagine being beaten by that, you know, playing for five hours and the heat. Well, guy wearing a wig and basically denim.
Speaker 4: Cut off what they do with sports signs now where everything is like to the Miller meter aerodynamic and to improve your performance look at Catherine.
Speaker 5: And cut off the shoes, creat big basically mullet of a week and he still managed to become a world champion. It's pretty great. Uh. The his book, Andrea Agussi's book, right, I recommend to so many people. It's called Open. It's an amazing book. You don't need to be a tennis fan or a sports fan. It's one of the most incredible books. The opening chapter chapter describes you basically if you're not going to read the books, the whole book can be condensed into this line. He hated playing tennis. He hated playing tennis.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty much the opening lines. I'm about to go out and play my last game of tennis and I've always hated tennis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're like, wow, you're into it and then you find about the wig, and then his dad. It's an incredible book. A couple of days ago, there was a clip that was going around on the internet and it was Andre I guess he talking about how he finally worked out how to beat Boris Becker. He'd notice that Boris Becker had this tell and I guess when they faced each other for so long, so many hours, all over the world, you're analyzing everything they do every single time, trying to work out what is it they've got, And he worked out it's something to do with his tongue.
Speaker 9: Boris Becker, for an example, who beat me the first three times we played, And I started to realize he had this weird tick with his tongue. Just as he was about to toss the ball, he would stick his tongue out and it would either be right in the middle of his lip serving up the middle, but if he put it to the side, he was going to serve out what. The hardest part was not letting him know that I knew this. I told him at Octoberfest. Do you know he used to do this and give what you serve?
Speaker 5: He says.
Speaker 9: I used to go home all the time and just tell my wife. It's like he reads my mind.
Speaker 5: Isn't that incredible? Yeah, the book's called it Open by the way. Oktoberfest is like a giant German beer festival. What's Boris Becker? Andre Agassi chugging steins at that over beers and go by the way. You know he used to do this thing with your tongue more beer. So that was a letter A, so letter A in the eighties Christian Helen Christian. For me, it's the TV show in the eighties and nineties Alf, about the alien life form Alf who crashed his spaceship from meilmac into the Tenor family's garage. Did you watch this? I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 8: I had an Elf stuffed toy you could buy them in the kmart and stuff.
Speaker 5: Never far away from a ca Mark conviction. When we get to the letter K in the eighties from down Side Team an Hour, perhaps his recollection of various things from Kmark, this is the TV show theme tune for Alf. Jack. You won't be familiar with this. I've asked Jack to read up on ALF, the TV show from the eighties and the early nineties about it was basically I remember Patch did he eat cats.
Speaker 3: He loved to eat cats, and he chased them.
Speaker 5: She is a kid. I'm like, you know, a cat. Alf a wise cracking alien. I love it. I used to dream that basically a spaceship with crash into our born house and I would have as a mate Alf. He commented on the stupidity of mankind.
Speaker 4: Yes, sounds like a comedy version of at Yes, eat with lolls.
Speaker 5: What have you got? What we could be? To day? Jack Arabian knife form.
Speaker 4: ELF is an alien from the planet Melmac who follows an amateur radio signal to Earth and crash lands into the garage of the Tennor family. Unsure what to do, the Tanners take Elf in and hide him from the Alien task Force and their nosy neighbors, Trevor and Raquel.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: It was announced. In twenty eighteen, it was announced that Warner Bros. Would produce an Elf reboot.
Speaker 5: That's why Anthony Hopkins was going to be Alf.
Speaker 4: He cannot play anybody I know to go from you know.
Speaker 5: The real gut wrenching drama Beauty of the Father to be announced. He's going to play Alf.
Speaker 10: An alien.
Speaker 4: Sadly, by November twenty eighteen, it was announced, the reboot was canceled of ELF.
Speaker 5: This would age it right before I play this out. He had a catchphrase, I kill me. Do remember that? Perhaps that was his catchphrase. He was sort of bashly said, look, I kill me, and it was a lot easier to get laughs back in the day.
Speaker 2: Has anybody seen the yellow ribbon?
Speaker 4: I don't know what color is it? Ha, yeah, I kill me.
Speaker 5: It's kind of unlucky, he was putting. Don't diss that she had that stuff too. Don't come from the future, laughing at the eighties, mister time traveler with your fancy waste from the nineties Millennial.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Just a quick word with my producers, can you never label up a caller with some of the details. We've got this very expensive phone system where they can put a little bit of detail about what the call is going to say. And someone has put on there to simply the two words major spunk. That is distracting, right, that's distracting me. Now, I don't know. I don't want to know what's going on on Line one? Is it good or bad? What is that? The name of a band? Is it a song request? What is it a safe word. We do not need to get into that whatever that is on line one. Please delete all those words, all right? So eight is out of the eighties kicked off this week with the letter A seeven. Guess what we'll be getting to next week, John says, A for Atari, it was the Atari two thy six hundred, the first console, which is what they used to be called slash computer. I owned the Blockie graphics, the blippy sound effects. I thought it was great. It was such an exciting thing they were. I remember a friend of mine, my best mate, had His parents were a lot posh in the mind, and he had an Atari, right and we would all par around their after school. This thing was the size for a door. You had to have two full time engineers living the attic to run it.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: And also all this kind of fake wood paneling. TVs used to have that as well, with this kind of everything was like that made to look like furniture to give it a bit of class.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: It's also at the time where they stuff though, is you remember the video cassettes You used to to put them in those fake encyclopedia sort of covers to make it a lot. You had volumes of encyclopedias, but they'd just be like videos in it. But this used to be the sound of an atari. Oh, isn't that just sounds old? This does not sound like now you have the guests a year. You're not You're not saying the last twenty years?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 5: You wouldn't have had Natari? What did you get to know?
Speaker 4: Even though I wasn't young enough to be around with the atari, I was a child in a family that wasn't allowed to have consoles. So I would go over to my cousin's house and they had Mario on the first Nintendo system, and I was like begging never to go home. From time to go home.
Speaker 5: Did you say to your parents, don't but so and so can have this his parents.
Speaker 4: And give me one more death of Mario? Until one strange day out of the out of the blue, not a birthday, not Christmas or not anything. They picked us up after school and took us to the park and in a plastic just jeans bag, they said, we have a present for you guys.
Speaker 5: And your mom and dad had just stolen it. Just meet in a public place and followed just looking at the bank. They're on a bench they're looking ahead right, look in the bank, look at make it look curs just jeans because they shotlifted it, so that's not consoleing the It was just jeans. Look at the bag shop us jeans. Okay, it's got really big blockie gene.
Speaker 4: Something was up about it because they were adamant that we couldn't have a console on and out of the blue there was a PlayStation one in the just jeansburg.
Speaker 5: You must have lost your mind.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 5: We couldn't be in the park. Where'd you plug it in? Your dad got a long extension lead. They're behind that tree. The TV is there and we were eating red rooster.
Speaker 4: We have the ever got fast food gank or summing.
Speaker 5: He's walked to white in this story, isn't he.
Speaker 2: H?
Speaker 5: Some of the other a's that came in from you guys, I love reading about this Christian grown up in the outer western suburbs of Saint Alban's in the eighties, you could be randomly stopped in the street and quizzed about liking a c DC. If you said no, you might literally punched in the face by some bogan wearing a mullet and Adidas rome. About thugs and Adidas Rome, who said on this show yesterday how they loved Adidas Rome, Patsy and who said on.
Speaker 4: The Thugs, who said on the show today, I'm going to bash them heads in.
Speaker 5: So this comes from Graham. It's nice that you met Patsy back in the eighties, DC, you might also be punched in the face back to Grahame and being punched in the face on the world Streets of s and Urbans in the eighties. You might also be punched in the face if you preferred Brian Johnson over Bond Scott. Luckily, I was raised on T and T and let there be rock. That comes from Graham. How many of you remember the joy of sewing on your favorite bands patches to denhim.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got so good at sewing because of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is great Christian. My a memory from the eighties is buying a denim hat and my mum's spending ages sewing a fell a on it, like the one anguswore while my friends were head over here. So Abba in primary school was in love with angers. I never did fit the mold. Yeah, I used to love those so on patches you put it, I put them everywhere your jeans, your geen jacket.
Speaker 4: I'd put them on my backpack as well.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's worse? Can you still buy them?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: To bands do as much? Shall we try and get a show? So on Patch show? What's going to do? What are they going to sell it onto? These stags? Do we try and do that?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: At some point in our lives, when we're teenager, we suddenly don't put posters up on our walls in the bedrooms anymore. It's not appropriate. Now, fire come home today, get the blue tech out and above the bed just start putting up a D's poster. Oh god, what the hell is that? Does it go with the carpet? What are you doing? The colors don't match? Are you having a moment? What's going on here? In fact, I might actually do that to see what happens. See how long before they just get torn down? This is not appropriate anymore. It's it's a shame because the posters we used to have on our bedroom walls were like us, saint the world, who we were now, And there were moments where they suddenly weren't right anymore, and he were like a snake shne the skin, they'd come down and new posters would come to represent who you are now for me, the big one's growing up for me. I had my boxing here, sugar Ay, Leonard, Bruce Lee, Marilyn Monroe, and Elvis Presley. Those were the big players in my bedroom that meant everything to me. Those posters. I still wish I had them now as well. And did you used to arrange them in a certain way? Who was on what wall?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: What is there a better wall than another?
Speaker 5: I thought everyone did this.
Speaker 4: Elvis, you're moving up to the premium wall today.
Speaker 5: Elvis was above my bed because I used to felt like he was looking down on me Jia on the night.
Speaker 4: Okay, you put him on the ceiling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I could look up at the King. Scary connection to the King, all right, I'd wink him before going to bed at night. See in the morning. First time I saw in the morning was the King. You know. I had sugar An d facing off against Bruce Lee as if they're about so I was, okay, don't judge me, Jack, who was on your bedroom wall?
Speaker 4: I had Green Day narfex Friends of Ron, and then I had my guilty pleasure, the Hidden Kylie Minogue poster.
Speaker 5: I've forgotten about this. Where was it hidden again?
Speaker 4: Under the Pinnow there was a shelf above my bed.
Speaker 5: Oh, come on, you're having to go meet about Elvis Presley and you've got some sort of dodgy PERV shelf. And she was on the nupshelfing.
Speaker 4: She was on the bottom side of the show.
Speaker 5: We know where she was. Oh dear, oh, dear, grubby scenes.
Speaker 4: I'd rather wake up to Kylie than wake up to the King.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, preferences, everything, isn't it one person's king, isn't a person's Kytie Patsy? Obviously? We know you had Andrew McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I also had a neighbour's poster of Scott and Charlene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that poster was huge, assive. And I had Bross I Love CROSSI yeah, all right, what posters were on your bedroom wharves? Also saying yesterday?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 5: My wife was so angry, say, because it got back from her spies. She said this, So I'm merely reported what happened. My job was always is just to be like a journalist and just tell the truth. When we started dating quite a few years ago, my wife told me that she had a poster of Luke sky Wall and she would kiss it good night every single night. She told me that, Okay, you can attract it now and try to deny history. But you told me that, so we want another posters on your bedroom wall. Did any of you used to kiss a poster good night? Okay? And please don't call if you had that shelf and you're a teenage boy like chat, we do not need to know. We didn't need to know from Jack. The images are horrible. You can't get them out of your mind now. Christ Consho podcast talking about the teenage posters you had any bedroom walls. She remember as well when you said, buy the posters from someone like those sort of record shops and they have those huge like racks all the posters you said, you flick them across and then start agetting. There be loads, wouldn't they. Then you have to go a seven and then go and get that long sort of lightsaber, put it on the count and then whack your mates on the bus home about it all. And they were expensive. Posters were expensive about that, and you have to say your pocket money, and then you'd have the cheaper version, which was just something just sort of ripped out of TV weeks.
Speaker 4: That was my version, ripped out a blunt magazine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. Well, whenever you could get hold of all right, give us school some morning. What were the posters on your bedroom wolves nine four one four one o four three, Jen, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: Yes, I see your Luke Skywalker and I raise you George.
Speaker 5: Michael, I.
Speaker 6: Boy George.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, said we had a narrow down the George's of the eighties.
Speaker 4: You don't cut out for a bit, so all we held was George George the stanza you.
Speaker 6: No, no, boy George, and yes I used to kiss the poster because I had no idea.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fantastic. So you would kiss your poster good night before going to night. My wife used to do that for Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, it's boy George for me, so you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Thank you very much, She called Jenny. Have a good day. Thanks, thanks, Sonya, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you going.
Speaker 5: I'm good Sonya. So who was on your bedroom wall?
Speaker 13: Well, actually I had a lot of posters, but I had one major one on my ceiling, which was my hunk of spunk Morton Harket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, study is a very good looking but he was beautiful.
Speaker 13: Yes, and yeah he was on the roof that that kept falling down because you know, a strange summertime. You know, the blue tech wouldn't work.
Speaker 5: So powerful, produced Morton hark to just peel off the wall.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well heay delanded on me.
Speaker 5: That's how they should tell the weather. So hot you couldn't keep Morton wall.
Speaker 4: It's raining. Mortins love that one.
Speaker 5: Checking will Sonia. Thank you very much. You're cool. Thank you, Frank, Good morning, Good mornitrition Frank, you boy, he was on your bedroom wall. What posters did you have, mate.
Speaker 14: From top to tile. I was a married Chriss fan. I heard Chiss posters all over the place. And the downside of it was my grandfather or my momma. He lived down in the Displand area. When he came over to stay, I get kicked out of my bed. But my grandfather refused to slap my room because of the Jane cim Members blood.
Speaker 5: I could understand how that would be a little confronting for someone out from the country. You know, basically all the painted faces, the tongue staring down at you. It's hard. It could easily startled someone a bit elder. That's amazing. So was it like a whole wall of kiss you had?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 14: All of kiss had Yeah, mat chiss fan had had it all. I was only had to go to the concert second eighties, so I was a little bit too young. So mom and dad just letting me go crazy with the posters.
Speaker 5: Awesome, all right, Frank, thank you very much. You cool. Do you remember that what Frank has said about when relatives would come and stay, you have to give up your bed? It would Christmas would be room for me? Right If in October my mum would go great news your cousins had gone for Christmas, I'd have to give up my bed for a nephew. So I'd have a really uncomfortable Christmas lying on my own bedroom floor while my cousin, my younger cousin, was lording up over me on my bed, paying with my ties. Come out, giving up your bed.
Speaker 4: I remember how a computer in my room and love playing on the computer, and my auntie she needs to go to bed, she's in your bedroom.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, worst day as a kid was I have to surrender your bed or bedroom? Nine four one four one o four three. What were the posters on your bedroom wall? Give us a call, Christinnell, Christian O'Connell show, what teenage posters did you have on your bedroom wall? Nine four one four one o four three. We're hearing one name along, Samantha Fox. Okay, guys, we hear you. We get it. You know Jack's had to google Samantha Fox. Clear that internet hissing before we go home today. All right, otherwise question is gonna be our sight. What is Jack doing during the show? During the songs, there's a text there that someone's all some not even good morning team that this simply says Samantha Fox on the back of the bedroom door, so only noticeable when the door was shut. What do you imprison? And then it signed off here grant hands free, the hands free, but don't even go there. All right, let's go to the Matthew good morning, Good morning Matthew. Who what posters were on your bed on wall?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 16: I had a weird assimon. I had Gillian Anderson from the X File, the rat Pack. That was my favorite. It was like a sort of black and white. They were all like walking down the street, iconic.
Speaker 5: With the sands in the background each other sands and you got Sammy and Dean and Frank. That's an amazing image.
Speaker 14: Yeah it was.
Speaker 16: I had weird taste of music as a teenager. I also liked I had a two pack poster YEP and six feet Under, which is like a heavy metal band.
Speaker 5: It's like some sort of traveling Wheelbres done a red metal crossover where the.
Speaker 2: Rat pack.
Speaker 16: Just you know, as a kid when you're young, influenced so easily buy music. You might hear something then you know, and I, yeah, I just here's something I'd like it, and then you know, obviously the local news agents used to have like those massive racks of posters and you just flick through them and be like, oh, carve this, and you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, it was a match of various influences as well. That's a great call. Have a great day, uh, Megan, good morning, Good morning, Christian, I have you well, thanks for going the show. So who was only a bench of war mate?
Speaker 1: I had well over one hundred and pictures and posters of Nirvana and Kurt.
Speaker 5: Cobain over one hundred, well over one hundred.
Speaker 6: And Whenever I did something wrong as a teenager, my dad would send me to fetch a poster so he could put it in the bin. But I always take him one that I knew I could replace.
Speaker 5: Wow, this is what I knew. I wish I knew about this years ago. I could have raised them very differently. Go fetch a poster, Go get me a go get me a member of one D bring it down here.
Speaker 7: That is what?
Speaker 5: What a punishment? That is something else? And what we just tear it up and put it in the bin. What a picture of Kurt?
Speaker 16: I got to pick the picture, but effect you, yeah, is.
Speaker 5: It too late to try that one now? With a fourteen and sixteen year old? That's Omegan Meghan, Thank you very much and cool. I have a good day. Thank you, Martin coome morning.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, are yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm good Martin? What was in your bedroom? What were the posters.
Speaker 16: The stros dell with spiders and snakes?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, uh, you can't all be into music, so just that there's there's no music up there. There's there's just the spiders and the snakes, is there.
Speaker 14: I didn't really couldn't afford it buy those things.
Speaker 10: Beck.
Speaker 14: In the seventies a thing called Australian wildlife periods was brought it a weekly and that was one of the posters in the in the set, So I just stuck.
Speaker 17: That up on the wall.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. If I imagine if you broke into old Martin's place here and you saw that drinks get out.
Speaker 17: I'm sixty three and I've still got it.
Speaker 5: You please please take a picture of it and email it to me. Okay, I'd love to see that. That's awesome, Marty, you killed have a good day.
Speaker 17: You two guys see it.
Speaker 2: Christian Christinconnell, Christian o'connald show podcast Mom's Gone Wild?
Speaker 5: You say, hang on where they put the production? I'm on plus starts on forty five. All right, Mom's Gone Wild? Have you got a story like Diane and a mum being wheeled home drunk in a wheelbow? Nine four one four one o four three the best story we get about your mum gone wild? In the next twenty minutes, one thousand dollars to spend at bing Lee Chris, good morning, Good morning guys. How well we're good Chris, and I hope you're having a good week as well. Tell us about mum going wild?
Speaker 17: No, I was a few years back, moment for a girl's weekend away down to the holiday house in Rosebud. They went out just a local pub for dinner, had a few drinks, Muments designated driver such she didn't drink. They were just having fun, giggling, laughing, whatever. So they're driving home, they came to a roundabout. Instead of going through the roundabout like you normally would, my mom decided to go around and around and around and around around roundabout up until the point where there was blue and red lights flashing. She got pulled over by the cops.
Speaker 18: Now they thought she was drunk, so obviously they tried the breathalyzer, but she couldn't stop laughing. All the girls were laughing in the back of the car as well, So eventually the police threatened her that should be arrested if she wouldn't stop laughing and actually do the breathalyzer.
Speaker 5: So did you do it? Chris? What opened.
Speaker 14: Army for her?
Speaker 17: That message finally got across.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, thanks Chris, all right, ask Chris's story and it's suddenly uh uh, good morning, good morning, Christian. How are you? I'm good? The only what happened to mom?
Speaker 14: Ah?
Speaker 10: So my mum Tina decided to go out with old university friends for a concert. She went to go and see Bob Marley when he was playing, so they had she probably took back a bit too much, and my dad got a phone call from the police and wee hours of the morning thing can you.
Speaker 12: Come and pick her up? Apparently she had gotten uh it's sorry. He had probably had a few too many good times and sorry and ended up getting arrested while trying to swim away from the police in a fountain.
Speaker 5: Oh well, genius, walk around circ up.
Speaker 12: And my dad never a little of it there.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Yeah, leone, thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good day, Michael. Oh, we go on. Thanks and how I a good buddy and mom go wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just swinging at my wife, Emma, says your mother of our children. We went on a family trip of her thirtieth birthday after the air warneries. She may have had one or two few too many, So on the bus on the way home, she decided it was appropriate in front of all the children to mooney every car on the way down these links. So that was a fun trip home. So when we got home, I decided to tell us she had too much and send it a bed before the kids and thank you know, I hear down the stairs and unfortunately it wasn't the kids. It was the Wah. She'd decided to come back and party, in Sodom's says and broke a toxic So keep a bit of a walk on for her.
Speaker 5: Wait damage the moon?
Speaker 4: You get that moon out?
Speaker 5: Listeners their moons.
Speaker 1: Again, Jack, Well, she couldn't walk the end of the day. I mean you could walk for a few days after that over so, but that was good.
Speaker 5: We're going to look after moons.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcasts.
Speaker 5: And Stories today fund a few stories about mum's gone wild Jackie.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Jackie, welcome to the show. Up you having a nice weekend? What happened to your mum?
Speaker 15: We I was nine years old and we were at our sports presentation night at the end of the year with my sisters and it started to get a little loose, and my mum decided to be the ringleader and encourage other mothers onto the stage and everybody started to strip. And it wasn't the only time it happened.
Speaker 5: This story, This story took a turn real quick. I did not see the coming.
Speaker 14: We were forever the children.
Speaker 15: We never lived it down whose Mother's street?
Speaker 5: And take your mom come kicked down down? Wow? Sports presentation night, Sports presentation Night.
Speaker 4: And then Jackie, did you say this isn't the only time that happened.
Speaker 15: It happened a few years later at the same presentation night.
Speaker 5: What the King came off again? This they had like a sick dance movement, a song, and merchandise to sell as well.
Speaker 4: You know something about giving out those participation trophies? Do you want to take off?
Speaker 5: Jackie?
Speaker 15: In twenty years and I am still remembering the night.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, wow, Well you're right. Whatever you do at that school, no matter if you're the highest grading kind of school, you're still the girl who is mum got a kit off stripping mum. Great story, Thank you very much. That was brilliant. That's cool, Michael. How are we going to give it to?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 4: I think that's why we got mumbled into Michael.
Speaker 5: Michael. Oh, yeah, here he is, he's back.
Speaker 14: Mickey Bye, Hey, hey, harn.
Speaker 5: We know what we're doing on this show. My car's mucking around on the old switcher. I call it, Michael. You are the winner.
Speaker 1: Oh beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're an amazing story about your wife's broken cocksicks. That's just one of you. One thousand dollars to spend it, bing Lee.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she'll be very appreciative.
Speaker 5: They sell those what case those thera guns, you know, and you put it in and it releases the Mayo Fashia. I believe fans out there. Yeah, you know, you get whatever you want there. One thousand dollars. Spend it bing Lee for a mother's dage this weekend. Michael, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian, I real appreciate it.
Speaker 5: That's all right. Thanks you cool, have a nice day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take it.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, we make the score run even harder for two families by crashing into their cars and Jack barking a load of quiz questions out. Then we call it school Runnings. If you want to be playing, give us a call. Nine four one four one oh four three. Let's meet the two families this morning. School Running in the morning. As always, a winning family stays on and they face a new challenging family every Thursday morning on School Runnings, the raining champs at the moment then Ah has crossed back live to them. The Page family. Good morning, the Page family, good morning, good morning. We got captain Dad Corey. Yep, Corey, introduce the team playing this morning. Who's in the car with you?
Speaker 2: Dad, Ah, there is Josephine, Mom, there is Thomas Tomorrow and Tanisha.
Speaker 5: Okay, good luck team Page, Thank you, sir. The spirit that is the school run. Yeah, it's actually memories. I became a breakfast show DJ the last twenty three years. Yeah, oh wow, you know normally on a sort of game show on TV that kids. Aren't you happy?
Speaker 4: You're never on the prices rather than ever be like, come on down.
Speaker 5: Okay, come, You've got a dad tracking about the seat, be nice man, good time to pay? His family are coming. There's no cross life to the Paul Corey that he's doing his best, he said Dad. I called him and just struggling to get through the day. Are we hostally playing the Shenton family? Shenton's Hellay? Hi there, okay Shenton family. We should have We got mum, Rachel the captain, Good morning, Rachel, good morning, Hey going, I'm good Rachel. You excited about Mother's Day this weekend? Do you think they've all been secretly working on lots of nice cards and presents for him.
Speaker 12: They're all shaking their head.
Speaker 5: Nice, they're trying to kids. Yeah, they've got stuff planned. I don't have. Yes, all right, Mum Rachel. I don't know why I keep calling you, Mum Rachel. It makes no sense. Who's in the car, who's playing, who's on the Shenton family team?
Speaker 15: Yep? So we've got Byron, Hayden and Eli.
Speaker 5: Hi. Okay, I'm guessing with that very deep voice that Byron Byron is an older teenager who's his voice is broken. Now, how old are you? Byron? How old is Byron?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay? And hey did he say that? Good morning? Hayden? Happy to be playing along, Hado?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah. And we've got Eli and the little brother there, six year old Hi. Of course, good to the producers if they send in my notes here? Annoying with the brother? Is that producer collects notes or any who let's playing the game?
Speaker 4: Moving on?
Speaker 5: All right? The way this works, then two questions. You get five seconds to discuss it amongst yourself in the car that you've got to give us your final answer. Quiz masters always Jack post is back in position Jack when you're ready. The first question.
Speaker 4: This is for the Page family, in what country would you find the colosseum?
Speaker 5: Tough one to begin.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid that's technically incorrect. We're looking for the country.
Speaker 5: Don't be that.
Speaker 4: What the quiz host they pay.
Speaker 5: They're paying for pancake parla vouchers. It's not the million doll a hot.
Speaker 4: Seat, half a point, half the point.
Speaker 5: He's so magnanimous Italy, of course, the answer is Italy. Page Family, wait for the production.
Speaker 4: Arachnophobia is the fear of what.
Speaker 14: Spiders is correct?
Speaker 5: You're playing the game we've had. This made the five seconds we hear a little better cross Team Banta, you know, and then we go Spiders.
Speaker 4: One and a half points for the Page family.
Speaker 5: Oh well done, Okay, yes, go back to the old Shenton's Hie.
Speaker 4: Good luck Sento's Shenton Family. How many toy story movies are there?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 5: You got five seconds from the clop out on this game. That's what I said.
Speaker 4: What's your final answer? Three is incorrect? Actually, this four toy Story four came out of the last couple of years. That one Toy Story four is actually a great film.
Speaker 5: Is that the one where they're going into the big fire? No, that's three could have probably had that little chat off, what's happened?
Speaker 4: Are we stood on their pumba from the Lion King? Is what kind of animal they've gone home? She Shendon's did we do them all?
Speaker 8: Then't dropped down?
Speaker 5: But they're not. Oh no, although keeping quiet on the radio, you know what you do when you don't know? When someone say I want to know you're in the house, don't say anything on the radio.
Speaker 4: You'll think we're not here.
Speaker 5: Shendon's we know you're there. Who are going to wake this out?
Speaker 4: You got to speak of some The truth is they couldn't win anywhere.
Speaker 5: They're true p cake part of oouchers are coming to the Page family. Paige O's yes, sto this and next week. There's nothing you can get out of this. It's like me trying to leave my team. You're stuck into a.
Speaker 4: Very long drawn out podcast design up per year.
Speaker 5: Well done Corey and the reluctant team members. You win. This is good news. Actually yeah, he's had a word with him. He's had a word with them. Two hundred dollars worth of pancake parlor vouchers. They're only about buy them for your castmates and their mates. Two hundred dollars worth a pancake pile of vouchers coming to team page. What then, guys, We'll see you next week. Thank you, take care, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Did the Shendons ever come back?
Speaker 5: Shenons? Shout out to the Shensons. Just let us know on a text that you're okay and we're all good there. What Happens one of the great show mysteries. It's gonna be a podcast series coming very so what happened to the Shenton family?
Speaker 4: And next week if you don't want to play, just tell us before don't design halfway through the game that it's not for you.
Speaker 5: I don't forget guys.
Speaker 2: There were four story the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Some I've been doing the last couple of years where it's guaranteed, guaranteed for a mum to have her heart swell so much tears and no option. Here's what we do. It's called the emotional tear jerker slide show. Photos come. They start with the baby photos and then as they get older, Mom's getting older. It's the passing of time. It's beautiful. And then all of a sudden, right about the thirty to forty second mark, a song kicks in and when you drop the right song at the right time, the eyes moisten. That's just a start of the avalanche of tears, happy tears. Tears.
Speaker 4: Is dad crying as well?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but mainly just checking. It's all working on cue. You know that the laptop hooked up right, you know it's all building to this moment. I've been doing this for the last couple of years. Satisfaction guaranteed. She's got to pick the right just got to pick the right It's gotta pit the right song. So you might want to go over a bit, bet Middler right. Her powers are strong, Her powers are strong. Carry Underwood's got this rue. This is a great song.
Speaker 7: Mama, there's nowhere.
Speaker 5: Here's me in the fils right now. I'm not a mama. When she's singing this, I'm a mama is good. It's got mama's songs as yours.
Speaker 4: Now does he find they fight me, Jack?
Speaker 5: They fight me tears, John, and again the photos are coming. Birthdays, More candles, more candles, the big one. They're big one. Josh Groban two words. There's no way you can resist this when it comes to the right time. A couple of extra songs today because Jackie Boy is doing this for the first time ever, and I urge you guys do this for your wife or your mum. Make this slide show. It doesn't take that much time. Also another parton.
Speaker 4: Oh, I actually under my hand up there because I don't have all mum's memories of us as babies digitize like your daughters were around getting born when you had it all online, so it's all on the cloud. I've got to I've gone to mum and Dad's to pick up all the old photo albums. So I've lifted twelve hefty photo albums back home and now I've got to digitize them over the next doing you.
Speaker 5: Going office watching scanning them in with the big Q behind you.
Speaker 4: Worse, I've got to use the home scanner printer.
Speaker 5: Oh no, what do you want it on PDF?
Speaker 4: I haven't even codesh No scanner awaits me today?
Speaker 6: That hell.
Speaker 5: A couple of new song flavors, the ones who have played so far. Do any of those feel like you might want to bring those in?
Speaker 4: I like the Mumma's song. It says what it is on the box, like Bett Middler.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about boys to men?
Speaker 10: Like them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What about this bang? No messing? Right, they just come straight in with it, hits you between the eyes. There's no foreplay. They get straight down to the action. Thank you, Boys to Men Again. I'm a mama.
Speaker 4: Doesn't even need creative literally, Mama, I love you.
Speaker 5: Queen, Queen of my Heart. We all heard it, did we all feed it? Queen of my Heart? Mamachas on the stark, Queen of my Heart. It rights.
Speaker 9: It's like food.
Speaker 5: Food to my soul. Lennon McCartney. Then you know, if Lennon was a right, we go, that's a damn good life. That's a damn good life.
Speaker 4: We could have written that in an afternoon.
Speaker 5: I don't have that talent. There's no way Boys to Men you fit in that one.
Speaker 4: Not as much.
Speaker 5: Who can sing that with the Boys to man? Sorry, guys, what about this Backstreet Boys? Perfect fan? You show you showed me when I was shock, just how to grow.
Speaker 7: Us to start along with those head because mom, you aase were.
Speaker 4: I don't really agree with that lyric though, Mama, When I was young. You showed me how to grow. Growing is something our bodies just do innately. Oh, mom doesn't have to show you how to grow.
Speaker 5: I'm this close to kicking you out of taking you to a Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 6: You're not.
Speaker 5: They're going to take query with the Backstreet Boys lyrics? Where do you go with that? You're going to start? Do you listen to all music like that? Inspector Logic B fifty two's love Shack and Be shut Down? If it was just a shack, that was a painted sign, that's a legal accorn to vict roads like codes and practices. All right? Then, my last hell Mary for you. I know you're into your noisy punk bands.
Speaker 4: I'm open to it.
Speaker 5: Did you like good Charlotte? Yeah, they've got they've got this old.
Speaker 11: Rubbish my life? Thank you, sug Diesel shut off, Arlotte, No, thanks, right, don't throw it away so quickly?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Do you know what.
Speaker 5: I think for your mum? How do you feel about this? You think?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 5: Is it? Thirty seconds of that comes into transition slide Mama, there's no way ends with as you roll credits mother's credits. You know I get a prety YouTube credits written direct and edited by Jack Bobs thirty three and three quarters. Good luck, guys. Pro tips over for now is to know Connell.
Speaker 2: Shoot.
Speaker 5: Once she's done a half, ain't news? Patty gets sort of kicked out her news cage hug. He needs to go in there and rehearse. So she comes into our house where Jack and I live, right the little treehouse here. There's always something, There's always something right. We could make a little YouTube sitcom just about the minute and a half we get from her when she comes in because she hasn't had access to us.
Speaker 4: And we have it that way, no one to talk.
Speaker 5: So there's but it's always some kind of drama in the office, isn't she loves a drama? Can we talk about what she told us about the guy I've been kicked out of a job and then she watched the ring and ask if he wants to fit some floating shells?
Speaker 3: He does our jobs?
Speaker 8: Start?
Speaker 5: Hey, how's it going since they kicked you? Well, now, how do you feel about coming around? Shouts? You told they need the work. Some angry former staff them are smashing out in laws. That's it going there, They're going great?
Speaker 6: Is it.
Speaker 5: Anyway? Right? Okay, today's time waste stuff. Another chance you had to wear two hundred and fifty dollars worth of into floor of vouchers. Rome songs, Roman songs? How are you feeling about this? I really regret some of these are a stretch. Yeah, I don't know how today this might be a bit too much Roman songs. What do you know about the Romans? Anyone in this studio? What are the Romans invented?
Speaker 3: And they were amazing people, the Romans.
Speaker 5: Then you had to put up a floating shell.
Speaker 3: They did a wheel, didn't they weren't they responsible for the wheel?
Speaker 4: I don't think they did the wheel.
Speaker 5: Now. I think the wheels were around them. They sort of took a bit further with charits of that, But don't think they invented the wheel.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I know that they gave the world archways, the newspaper aqueducts aqueducts as well. We are archways with trumping water over that. And I know they also ca enter the post mainly yeah really yeah, passed sort of laws and scripts to each other and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how how if they could see the modern day Post and Australia posts not delivering air package.
Speaker 5: Miss card Caesar would spin in his grape right now, this is not hell met to be all right? So Roman songs for Caesar, jolly goodfellow, jolly good fellow together now thank you. Cistines are doing it for themselves. Silver Bacchus in the USSR is the ancient god of wine.
Speaker 4: Civil plus fair enough.
Speaker 5: Uh, Tiberius, just Tiberius instead of just a two of us. Just type periods, like I said, a stretch you you've.
Speaker 4: Got in the deeper well obviously of researching the famous Romans than I did beat Well of no Gold.
Speaker 5: We love the song, hey Jude, don't. Yeah, we love that. What about Hadrian juice? On the Roman aulners built that massive wall to keep the Scots out in England? Hadrian Jude? He Drian dude, thank you? Here comes to Sundial, thank you, and return to Senator.
Speaker 4: Sivil plus.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jade, what have you got Roman songs?
Speaker 4: We all live in a yellow Byzantine yellow bus and tell.
Speaker 5: The period very very good a for smarts, go, I mean bronze for comedy.
Speaker 4: For the next one, you have to know that the Romans invented plumbing, little plumber boy, Yeah, I told you.
Speaker 5: These are a stretch bronze.
Speaker 2: I'm not the.
Speaker 4: Seas like a Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: That's funny, that's silver, that's that's that's good today that might be.
Speaker 4: A gold and coma coma coma coma coma color cum.
Speaker 5: Oh mercy on this show right now, Please listeners help us out.
Speaker 4: Apologies to boy Georgia and to the Romans, and to and.
Speaker 5: To radio generally and to the dear listeners.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Spoil your mom this Mother's Day with great gift ideas Connor, thanks to inter Flora, Great gift ideas, got flowers parts her Mother's Day this weekend. Don't forget all of them for four five pm on Saturday at into Flora dot com dot au. Mum can still be treated this Sunday. All right. They've done a hell a lot better than you and I did. Roman songs I Caesar, I Caesar, You baby shaken that Archimedes.
Speaker 4: They should gold down to the Civil plus.
Speaker 5: Nice try Roger Vatican City limits, Civil plus, Pope, you don't preach gold Panic the Dictator. It's a band, but still good. Be all right, Yes, Walking on Sundials, Silver blue sweight sandals, Caine mcgovernya, he's back. Well done, Caane like a centurion. Silver, we're on the Roman road to nowhere. Gold heesus, do you see you said anything with Romans? Hey Jude?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But zeus is us?
Speaker 5: Please get your God's right. Guys spoken about this before with them, haven't we condor see myileen Silver from j Man live in La Vida. Toga Gold sung by Ricky Spartan, Oh, gold plus we found the doubler.
Speaker 4: Man, I feel like a Roman Gold plus.
Speaker 5: Oh take a bow, Giovanni, well done. We don't need another nero Oh too much made that one the power of that comedy. Matt, who's in my ninth legion, didn't get it instead of losing my religion, legions were troops of armies. Silver, how can we be gladiators if we can't be friends? Gold plus These are really good. You'd have had to open up with cut my tabs when you start googling Roman glossary terms. I can see you clearly now, Silver plus too much, Phil, don't dreams Toga gold don't Jason, Dude, dude, it's not it's not. But anyway, dude, where it's my chariot? Of course. Bronze sorry, I have Titus Bronze Rock the Catacombs. Silver, Baby, you can drive my chariot, Silver plus working Class Roman.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 5: Papa's got a brand new length tunic.
Speaker 4: We're going off the rails here, yeah, Silver, all right?
Speaker 5: Who's winning the two hundred and fifty dollars worth? The vouchers fall into floor For Mother's Day this weekend.
Speaker 4: There was some great ones, but Live in Levita Toga by Ricky spot.
Speaker 5: Button is a winner. Well done.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast