Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What are you about to hear? It's a boy becoming a man? We know Jack Post, We think we know Jack Post. She stayed the radio. Sometimes go for real. Oh he's for really right? You hear what happened yesterday to this guy?
Speaker 3: This is a tale for anybody who hates injustice and loves the truth of prevailing.
Speaker 2: What's a leader? I've got goose bumps.
Speaker 3: My wife was in a minor car accident. Everybody's okay, that's the main thing. No one was hurt, but the cars were pretty banged up. The lady at the scene said, I'm sorry I did that. I was driving on the wrong side of the road. I shouldn't have been doing that. Yeah, so it almost like a head on collision. Hit her head on?
Speaker 2: Hell, what was in the tesla? The test wasn't that where it hovers up above it flips ober.
Speaker 3: Even the tesla wasn't ready for someone driving on the wrong side of the road. Body wasn't in the car, but Bianca was shaken up. The lady on the scene said, I'm sorry did that. I shouldn't have done that. I was on the wrong side of the road. She was trying to do that thing where you sneak up, you know, you try and take a right hand turn that's ages away and the trays back back, so you're like, I'll just sneak up here. That's illegal, crazy, dangerous. Then goes home, tells her insurance come to me, she wasn't at fault and she was just driving on the right side of the road. The injustice it was killing me. It was making my blood, actually making my blood boil from the sheer injustice of it. So I was like, on the phone to the insurance company, I'm trying to help out Bianca with what happened and her version of the story, but the insurance company said, it's her word against your word, and she says she was driving straight and the banker pulled out.
Speaker 2: How distressing. It's bad enough to be in a head on collision that luckily noilm as soon as he her, but then to go through all that, Yeah, it makes have been accused of me a liar exactly.
Speaker 3: So everyone's furious at home yesterday until I decided to take matters into my own hands and become my own detective of the case. Thank you, Christian. What happened I went to the scene of the crime. I looked around for any video cameras, street video cameras that might.
Speaker 2: Have inside looking around. Look, is that what you were doing looking up.
Speaker 3: At exactly looking up at the street. No street cameras, No street cameras. A shame. I was about to give up when I saw an F forty five and I thought, maybe they film people coming in and out of their front door. They do. They have a little security camera at the front door, and the security camera points out to the very road where the lady drove on the opposite side of the road.
Speaker 2: That is some sleuthing.
Speaker 3: So thank you to Josh who ran the forty five and Coburg. He scrolled through the footage with me, good man for ages like trying to find this footage. And there it is, in dry daylight. She drives onto the wrong side of the road before crashing into my wife. There it is justice, Justice prevails. I was so giddy with happiness. I felt like Sherlock Holmes honestly was kicking my heels together on the way home, which is not something that Sherlock Holmes does.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean, I've read all the books. I haven't read that but I'll go back to the check. But this is incredible.
Speaker 3: Bank must have been a I burst through the front door and she said, how'd you go? I said, you will not believe what I've got on my phone.
Speaker 2: Exhibit A to the courtroom.
Speaker 3: Please, I arrest.
Speaker 2: No further questions. You're on rest my case.
Speaker 3: So now the footage is with the insurance company. The ball is in their court, but there is nothing they can do. The hands are tired. The hands are tired. The footage shows the lady on the other side of the road. Justice prevails.
Speaker 2: That is all she wrote. And to me, this is it a legal right to go and ask I believe it is to go and ask for any relevant CCTV footage around.
Speaker 3: I don't know if police, but I don't know if a citizen can ask for some private I love it.
Speaker 2: I'll producer Kate right when she gets when we're talking about something and she knows something, she gets so excited. You know. There's always that kid, the nerd, and they bounce up and down like listener ship. She's literally had her hand. We're not at school technically. Sometimes it is a bit like that, Kaitlin. Can any of us citizens just ask for CCTV footage.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can.
Speaker 2: All right, ask Jeeves. Yes, that just feels up on the callers. We wouldn't let them on just to go it.
Speaker 4: So news reporters can go into any establishment and ask for.
Speaker 2: Special which means.
Speaker 1: That anyone can.
Speaker 4: You don't need any legal documents to go and ask for CCTV as long.
Speaker 1: As the person that owns it gives you the permission goes.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can have a look through my listeners if anyone gives you any sort of blowback to sound working on a hot lead right now with Petrina Jones. I think you know who that name is.
Speaker 3: Wh you're saying that the business still has to give you permission, So that's just the same as like I still have to go and ask permission for the footage, So that's not any special rights.
Speaker 1: No, but you're allowed to just go in. You don't you.
Speaker 3: Show me in the back room, Josh, Yeah, crime has occurred.
Speaker 2: I come and near you on private business, so we can technically we can. It is our right to ask for it. Yes, it is your right to ask for it when he.
Speaker 3: Can, but they can say no. That owner the business can say no.
Speaker 2: They can say we're getting lost in the weeds. I reckon, this is probably your greatest moment.
Speaker 3: And now it's been taken over by this admin logistics.
Speaker 2: This is my problem with producers. They're not boring us about three lane arterial roads. We're getting lost in about your right how this.
Speaker 3: Was meant to go and I was meant to say, I'm Sherlock Holmes and you go bang into a song.
Speaker 2: You know we got this ready, We've got the bill, music us.
Speaker 1: We celebrate.
Speaker 2: You need to go on the back of a coin.
Speaker 3: Thank you. No more logistics, no more, I mean, no more fine print about CCTV footage.
Speaker 2: Everyone abrek. Just take a moment, right, take your knee to celebrate Jack Posts.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: A hero of the show today.
Speaker 3: You, sir, Jack Post, justice is served.
Speaker 2: What a shame you never got to say that to the woman as well.
Speaker 3: I actually wish there was some kind of courtroom appearance so that we could all look at each other. And she tries to lie about what happened on under oath.
Speaker 2: She dropped a grumpy on the bond of guitar and suddenly you're there.
Speaker 3: And then I get to stand up and go well, what does this footage say? And then I click on a TV and there it is, so CCTV footage of her driving on the wrong side of the road.
Speaker 2: So obviously a lot of people dipping and out of the show. If you know, she just tuned in Jack solved. I kind of crime is it yesterday? Would you call it a crime? I guess it's lying to an insurance company. You' lying about a traffic violation. It could have been a lot more serious. That's right.
Speaker 3: She was driving on the wrong side of the road hit my wife, than to the insurance company. She's at the end of the day, Yeah, I was. I was driving straight on this on the right side of the road, and my wife ran into her so.
Speaker 2: Upset. First of all the shock of it. And she's only a two month you know, been among two months. You just you've got this very strong maternal instinct and that's why.
Speaker 3: And she was shaken at the scene of the crime. So she didn't take many like photos or video or try and get any witness reports or anything like that. I also told her that the Tesla films everything, so I said, oh, we'll be sweet.
Speaker 2: Now. A couple of people texted in is that true that the tesla has like cameras in the wing mirror.
Speaker 3: It's meant to film everything but didn't film it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, in my mind, Elon Musk has got feed of all your cars. I don't know why. You know, we see like a Baddy's lair and they're like everywhere. I think that I actually wuldn't be surprised if that came out. What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I went to the local F forty five that had a camera at their front door, and they were able to pick up the footage.
Speaker 2: If you actually just lied and said you went to a forty five. If anyone wants to join you, you need a l when there's to form a posse, put down that bar bell, pitchforks at the ready. Yeah, those kettle boughs and those stretching bands and the pham rollers. So case dismissed.
Speaker 3: Well, now it's sitting with the insurance company.
Speaker 2: But they've yeah, the smoking guns there. So this morning, we want to know have you ever done what Jack has done? Imagine people would have stories where they've turned amateur detective.
Speaker 3: That's what we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that is you, we want to hear about your story. Nine four I can't use that enough at the moment. Nine four one four one O four three. We want to hear about your stories about turning an amateur detective.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: When have you turned amateur detective? Like Jack Posts yesterday, hot on the scene getting CCTV footage to clear his wife's name.
Speaker 3: I actually did feel like a true investigator. I'm in the background of an F forty five. Some guy's scrolling through CCTV footage and I found the culprit, a woman driving on the wrong side.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine what's were and even that the guy helping you out here we got mister Post now Watson, not now Watson until they're behind the bars, all right. So you want to hear about when you've turned amateur detective. You must have solved quite a few crimes in your time.
Speaker 4: Patsy, you know what they call me neighborhood watch in my straight once.
Speaker 2: That's because you insist it was a.
Speaker 4: House going up for construction next door, and I could hear glass breaking through the night about one am one night.
Speaker 2: Did you get the old news time I start writing out the.
Speaker 4: Lead story anyway, I rang triple O and sure enough. It was someone breaking in to get like all the appliances before the people moved into the house. They got a short foot pursuit through the cold sack and make.
Speaker 2: A quick getaway.
Speaker 3: Log I've got a fridge on my back.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Meil. Good morning, Mail, Good morning, all right, Mail? When did you turn amateur detective?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: I had a similar incidence with Jack where our lady hit me in my car and ried to her insurance saying it I went through a red light and that's why she hit me. I had all the photos that it wasn't good enough. So I then went back to the scene, saw that might attend. Frankston actually had a camera that partially saw the road, and they were so helpful, tracked it all down, put it on a USB for me and so I could give it to the insurance company. And with that she had they paid six and a half thousand dollars to fix my car and she actually got her insurance canceled.
Speaker 2: The lies. Yep, don't mess with mail. No world done. Mail. Thank you for your story. Thank you have a good day. Let's go to Belinda. Come on and Melenda, what's story about turning at amateur detective Blinda.
Speaker 6: Good morning, how are you? I love your show.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you very much to give us a go and listen to us.
Speaker 6: About twelve years ago, my husband lived in Carlton and he got burgled and they stole everything from laptops to CDs, and his CD collection has it's really obscure because he's a jazz musician, so there's some really random rare albums in there. Anyway, so I thought, nah, this is not cool. I'm not okay with this at all. So I decided to go to every pawn shop within a ten kilometer radius over the next couple of days until I found where this guy had pawned off his obscure CD collection, and I found them in are in a little pawn shop in Smith Street, Fitzroy, and I found the burglar and got all the details before the police did, so. I ended up telling the police this guy who lives in Blackburn, he's the one that did that this video footage. Can we go get the stuff back now? Please?
Speaker 2: I just want to join the doors, say so when you you found the and there's nothing worse than a jazz crime. I mean, there's crimes you an't still jazz god, that sight trombone and that thing with wow. Did you then ask you that for the address of the guy brought the CDs in they gave it to you.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, back back then I was like, who is that? That's all our stuff.
Speaker 2: Around?
Speaker 6: Kick his doors they would now, but yes, they at least showed me the details and I called the police. We found him, well I did. Yeah, So it was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: You said times that you found him in the place, didn't.
Speaker 2: He's six ft under?
Speaker 5: The cat seed line that.
Speaker 6: I would drink from mylor was even cooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet that's it, Belinda. That's an amazing story. You went full John Wick. Thank you very much, Belinda. All Right, News on the
Speaker 1: Way Christian Connell Show podcast