Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast. Sometimes just going to sleep where we should be resting, recuperating, regenerating, you can actually get injured in your sleep. I'm sure there're people listened to this going, yeah, that's me. I've actually injured myself during my sleep. What happened to your mate?
Speaker 2: My friend is in a sling because in the restlessness of his sleep, he's twisted his arm and he woke up doing sleep fighting way. He doesn't know how he did it. All he knows is he woke up in pain and now his arms in a sling because he twisted his elbow and he's going to be like that for two weeks. And then I was saying in here, like how crazy is this? My friend has injured himself in his sleep, and producer Rio said, I think I've injured my butt in my sleep in the past week.
Speaker 1: He actually told us that he bruised his buttons. I mean, I don't even know do you even go to the doctors with some of that? How did you do that? D in your sleep? The wrestling bit, I can understand, what are you doing to do? Buttocks right in a bed at night time to get them bruised. Are you bouncing up and down on your butt? I didn't even know how that happens. Your friend look going the stand, But to hurt your aunt that badly, he's really got to be wailing on the douner or punching pillows.
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't even wake up his partner. So his wife's in there with him.
Speaker 1: Heavy sleep with she there's a guy fighting himself, you know, inches away, and she doesn't even stir.
Speaker 2: And I guess this is the thing with it. It's like you don't know what you've done. You just wake up injured because you've been asleep.
Speaker 1: I tell you one thing, though, do you think that women sleep heavy? A man? My wife goes to sleep, it joins me, gets me so angry. She goes to sleep immediately.
Speaker 2: No, that's me in our relationship, he gets frustrated. A hell, I go to sleep within minutes of hitting pill jacket.
Speaker 1: Second, I'm like, how can you be asleep? Chat chat chat chat chat chat chat chat, And then it goes down and goes She's asleep immediately. Is that you?
Speaker 2: That's me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I envy people like that takes me age? Is going to sleep all right, So if you've injured yourself in the bed at night time asleep, Darren, come on in, Darren.
Speaker 4: It was about fifteen years ago. I got engaged to my missus Christmas Eve and she decided she was looking at a diamond ring shining at nighttime, decided to sleep with it, and she actually hit me in the head with it during the night. Woke up in the morning with a gash on.
Speaker 1: My head, an imprint of a diamond like a knuckle duster. Very po very posh knuckle duster.
Speaker 2: But it's not that weird to wear an engagement ring to bed. I think my wife wears it in jury the bed every night, and don't I wake up gash free.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she hasn't wore it in bed ever since, and I'm still married to her twenty twenty years later, so yeah, you know, five years later after that. Whatever it is, though, So.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I'm curious about is the proposal on the Christmas Eve is a big thing to do, isn't it. For the rest of your life, you know, you're gonna have to remember that on the on Christmas Eve. There's enough going on with Christmas. That's an extra sort of significant day. Women have like four or five different anniversaries in the head. There's the one of us when we got together, there's the anniversary of when we got together. Then there's the proposal. You've all got to remember these dates as well. But then they're in the wedding day.
Speaker 2: Good to Lincoln. Then you might as well do the wedding in the engagement all on the same data.
Speaker 1: But women don't like that. They don't like linkage, they like separation. Which gift is for which one they want to grade them all? Darren, thanks very much, she call thank you, h bryceson. Good morning, Good morning GIRs. How are yeah good Bryson. What happened to you while you were asleep?
Speaker 5: Well, I'd like to say with my sisters who had a newborn nephew of mine, and in the middle of the nights my girlfriend I was seeing at the time, decided to have a nightmare and crush me in the nose and break my nose.
Speaker 1: That's some savage nightmare to actually bust your nose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I must have said. Decide to walk in to hear us both screaming and turn the light on and there was a blood all over a bran new white bedtreets with mate screaming with a nose on a forty angle.
Speaker 1: And it's one of those stories, is well that no one's going to be howbout you? Oh? My girlfriend hit me in the sleep completely? Yes, all right, Bryceon, thank you very much. You cool. Let's go to Mick.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Mick morning, Christian Coe, how are you Christian's good? Cole?
Speaker 1: How are you going? We are going the co good? Christian and co are great? And Mickey boy, what happened your sleep injury?
Speaker 3: Well, the sinking hop night many years ago and the house was like an oven. So I decided to grab a pillow and a sheet and sleep on the trampoline outside.
Speaker 2: Already, this is an amazing story, is what my dad used to do in the heart of summer.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: He'd never let the conditioning?
Speaker 1: So what do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very comfortable at three o'clock in the morning when I pulled the heavy.
Speaker 1: So what did you need to go to the toilet? And you're trying to move around?
Speaker 3: You get the found I just rolled over. I'll pull the hamstring.
Speaker 1: I've got a cramp on a trampoline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So here I am in this twenty foot area of nothing, flat space, wallowing around like a beach whale, had no one to help. Try trying to find somewhere to grab hold of, to get purchased, to hook moting this, straighten it out and uncramped myself.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to send you one of our lidless stigns for this story. This is great, met very very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drinking vessel, Yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: I think also we should try and get more calls about improvised beds. I did not know. It's another part of my education. It never stops. Every day here in Australia. You sometimes sleep on trampolines. I can't wait to take my parents and trees whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, my dad never slept.
Speaker 1: You know what, we might get some calls. Have you ever slipped in a tree? All right, Matt, thank you very much. You cool buddy. Stay safe now, worries all right? Whatever you use as a bed, Okay, we've got the trampoline bed. Now what out cal a brighter nose.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast