Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try vape?
Speaker 1: Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive?
Speaker 2: I think that people.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know. How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I had it in the car on the way home and I didn't have a spood, so I was like an hour a dillo trying to get ants out of a whole.
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults food being fingered as an awful sensation.
Speaker 2: You haven't been thinking about the right person.
Speaker 1: Goodness, may this is just I'm still to play a couple of minches.
Speaker 6: Hi, it's Jenna.
Speaker 7: Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season.
Speaker 1: Sorry? Now he is Mitch Trulli and Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Kum Yes, hello everyone, Hello, Hello, Hello Michel Coombes. Wow are you now you know what? Nothing? Nothing? Met Gala? Great chat? Good assle?
Speaker 8: People still talking about the met Gala.
Speaker 2: I'm so over it. I saw an article that was it was clickbait, which I always clicked, by the way, it was which Kardashian was booed upon entry of the met Galla and I clicked it and it was none of them. It was a Star Wars actor, but she was behind him, which the lad was shot.
Speaker 8: None of them.
Speaker 2: They're all alive and work. No, they were shot but by a camera. It's so stupid.
Speaker 3: Hey, here's some goths that I'm sure we'll make some of our horny listeners very thrilled. Oh god, yeah, our contraceptive diaphragm Sam is single again.
Speaker 2: Oh so yeah, he's available.
Speaker 1: Hello, darlings, how are we.
Speaker 8: Look at you?
Speaker 3: Trying to put on your sexy voice now that you're a free man. Well, oh my god, that did something to me.
Speaker 2: His first sexy voice was just mister bean, hello, missus doubtfire role player going on there?
Speaker 8: Oh there, where you go be a naughty kid. So he didn't have a Tinder happily ever after, like you.
Speaker 2: No, no, give us back that Tinder Gold membership. Although we have some lying around. We could probably check another one.
Speaker 1: His way, if you could.
Speaker 2: That would be the light you're on the prowl.
Speaker 8: Already actually, to be honest, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: Don't you forget about it then, idiots, there's no points fliding into dms.
Speaker 2: Didn't you see some at a gay club on the weekend?
Speaker 8: I did, not being gay.
Speaker 2: Sam, you can't do that. You're come into our bathing base. Yeah, that's like eating a big mac at a subway.
Speaker 9: I did feel bad about it, actually in a way because the next day I was like, am I doing the wrong thing by going there and not being gay?
Speaker 5: I feel like.
Speaker 8: I'm just you need to be gay next time?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 10: Oh, okay, I'll get some glitter.
Speaker 2: Speaking of horny, Guess who else is?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 8: Jenna?
Speaker 2: Hi Jenna? Hello, you're still single? Darlan?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I am Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 8: Any anything on the horizon there?
Speaker 2: Nah? No one. No, she's not one for details, did she?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: No. I feel like if Jenner were to bring someone into this studio and say that a partner, it would be like a doctor would be someone she met I was getting a dental clean and we fell in love.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to happen. That's what I wish for my future, to just meet someone out and about, like acidental friend or something. Not that there's anything wrong with meeting people on a dating app. I mean, look at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, very true, very true. Social media love and fantasy, Ginny, you could meet someone on cat Daily. That's the app that you're on all the time.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, all Christian Maatch dot.
Speaker 2: Com Yeah, Christian one. Yeah yeah, the Crochet and cock the I haven't.
Speaker 6: Been on that one for a while, but I'll check it out tonight.
Speaker 8: What do we have on this fucking show today? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Look all, we're doing a TikTok school.
Speaker 2: I know that much. Yes, we are doing a TikTok school. Yeah, and a very interesting one at that. I think the show's about to change. All I'm going to say I did.
Speaker 3: Forget to ask last week how is the guestbooking going? Because I can put you back in probation again.
Speaker 2: It's good, Sure, it's good. I've got someone, but the quantus delays and the staff issues at the airport, none of them can get into town. And I can't stop no one getting into town. I'm happy for a zoom No, it's no. People are over zoom. People are over zoom.
Speaker 8: How many Zoom interviews have you done before?
Speaker 2: My god, six, you.
Speaker 8: Can't use quantus as a fucking excuse.
Speaker 2: I have been emailing, and there are emails out and we will have guests, but today there's.
Speaker 8: No do you reckon? He's going to have to go back on probation soon.
Speaker 2: If there's no guests, you can't put me back on probation. I can because the condition was the guest book what about you? We were meant to have Ben Bloody Fordham on to celebrate our one hundredth episode, and that never came true. I'm not convinced that was even booked.
Speaker 3: That was partially our fault, though, because we mucked him round. We canceled on him twice because of our varying health issues.
Speaker 2: I had COVID you had. God knows I was fat. I have followed up a bunch of times.
Speaker 3: But I think like his producer just is ignoring me now because I think, yeah, we' mucked him around him many time.
Speaker 2: To be fair, they've got the Prome Minister's offers barking up their email chain. I highly doubt Mitchell Coomb's Gmail is true.
Speaker 3: I just thought, as a friend of the show, he'd been easy get. But nah, why don't we just call. Let's a cold call him now, Yeah, we have his number. Yeah, just do it then, because I'm really getting sick of the whole booking in process.
Speaker 2: It's just too art. Oh my god, this is genius. Why don't I never book a guest again? And we just go through my little black book and just cold call celebrities.
Speaker 8: I've got Kevin Rud's number.
Speaker 2: Let's call in. I should have won it. Oh seven, hang, all right, let's dial Ben. Okay, go on, give it a well hello, Oh there he is for hell and for them. Oh look you actually it'swer the phone, darling.
Speaker 8: Hello, we've been really struggling to get you on the podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I was invited on for episode one hundred and then all of a sudden, I don't know what happened, and all of a sudden the invitation seemed to be canceled for some reason.
Speaker 2: And then Ben, as you'd know better than anyone else, those delays at Qantas Airport, they're through the roof and we just had scheduled we've had scheduling issues. Are you free now to do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course i am. I'm always thrue.
Speaker 2: Remember we got that opener made for him. We had a custom built Ben Fog.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go for the one hundred episode. I can find it, man, hold on, yeah yeah, let's just get this interview over and done with.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, here it is all right, we got in. Let's just go now.
Speaker 8: Ben bought a live Welcome to the show, Ben.
Speaker 5: Now listen. Speaking of Sydney Airport, have you guys noticed the lights at Sydney Airport? How small they are?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: Haven't we ever a man?
Speaker 5: A man to my heart because they're so small and cute. I mean, it's really interesting and I'm surprised no one's brought it up before. It sounds like really good content for a podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, thank you, Ben. You can't wait to be schooled on coal seam gas next.
Speaker 5: How are you other? Mitch?
Speaker 8: I am just all the better for hearing your voice.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it's been hard to get you on the show because you're so bloody busy. After you finish your radio show at nine am, you're always bloody gallivanting around going to luncheons and charity bullshit?
Speaker 2: Are you tight from getting up early?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm really disappointed about though, I haven't had a chance to come and see you your live comedy yet, and that is on my bucket list Between now and the time I die, I want to and see you live on stage.
Speaker 3: Are you going to make it until next year Sydney Comedy Festival? Could you hold on for the next twelve months.
Speaker 5: I'll hold on. I'll hold on for you. You know, I've always been holding on for you.
Speaker 2: He's a big fan. There were great shows, they were great. He's very good our Mitch so well.
Speaker 5: Proud of him. I'm proud of both of you guys. I mean, I think not everyone knows this, but you know, these are two young men who came along. They came my way when when they were young and impressionable, and I took them under my wing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were working at parents kids.
Speaker 5: Were they did the work experience and I now look at you guys, flying high and young Jenna. Jenna didn't do work experience with me, but I feel like you did another life so.
Speaker 2: Perfectly well. Back in Jena's day, women weren't allowed to do work experience that.
Speaker 6: I disguised myself as male.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I count you as one of my flock as well. Jenna, even though you know officially speaking, I've had nothing to do with your success.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 8: How many of your work experience kids do you keep in touch with or is it just.
Speaker 5: Us all of the good ones?
Speaker 13: I do?
Speaker 5: And you know, I just hired a girl recently, Sienna Williams, who is seventeen. She got ninety nine point one point five in her leaving exams AGC for those people, that's what we call it. And I just hired her recently and she's fantastic. I got a good kid called Spiro Christopolis who listens to your podcast, Hello spirit Oh I met.
Speaker 2: I met Spiro better at the Easter Show and the basket up charged me on the showbags and I thought, mate, you could have thrown in an extra Hershey's bar. He was running the American Canny.
Speaker 5: I've taught him very well to take advantage of, you know, young impressionable people who come along with listens Spirou. Spiro is eighteen, and you know he was a talkback caller who then turned into a work experience kidd. He came in, did his first day his work experience a day after his school formal and now he's our night editor. So you find really talented people out there who are just keen and ready to rock and roll. It's good.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't actually pay to keep in touch with people after you're the work experienced kid, because I do like guest lectures at the TV and radio school, and I always say, here's my email, feel free to keep in touch, and I take it very personally when no one does. So it's actually better to keep in touch, isn't it, because you might get a job out of it.
Speaker 5: It's funny. People sometimes go, oh, yeah, but you need to know someone in the industry to get a start, and I go, yeah, but you know me, you just meant me. You know, you've you've got to be You've just got to be brazen and ballsy enough to say, can I get your number? And you know what, when you ask for someone's number, they find it very hard to say no. And this is quite interesting. The bigger the name, the bigger the star that you meet, ask for their number, because no one wants to be that person who says, oh no, sorry, I'm too important. I'm not passing on. When I meet a big name politician or a business person or a celebrity or whatever. At the end of the conversation. I say, may listen, I'll grab your number. I don't even ask for it, I just say i'll grab your number.
Speaker 2: Can you tell them what's happening? That's very smart, and then they just feel guilty. And also you've got a big audience, Ben, you know they want to impress you.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, but you can just sense that they feel trapped and they start going, yeah, sure, oh for one one. Yeah, before you know it, boom, you got that phone number.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 2: We often talk about my little black book of celeb contacts in my phone. But I think as famous as I go, as Ida Buttros I famously have a landline number, not her mobile, but she still answers, who would you say the most famous one or two people are in your phone? Because I think you'd have the police commissioner, you'd have prime ministers.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean I suppose I'd probably go on the political front. We got an election campaign at the moment, so Scomo and Albow are in there, and.
Speaker 2: I, hey, I grabbed their number going on.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't know, And then I mean I mean probably Kyle and Jackie. Oh they'd be up there, yes, yeah, you know Kyle only writes back. When he's in the mood. Jackie's always pleasant and so well mannered and lovely. Don't we love Jackie?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I feel I've got the biggest impoth syndrome sitting in her chair right now.
Speaker 8: She's a bloody queen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why don't you have a female Why don't you have a female bird sitting opposite you in the morning?
Speaker 5: A bird?
Speaker 2: Yeah, excuse me, you wear bird turd.
Speaker 5: See that's why I love you, mate. I just put you on the spot there and you just go.
Speaker 3: I just found out your next career. Move bird and bird turd in the morning.
Speaker 5: No, I'll see you why. I've got some wonderful women who work with me, but we just can't afford a second host because they pay me so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you.
Speaker 5: Just can't afford to go sharing that money around. I've got three kids, yeah, very and all these work experienced kids, and I don't know how you guys are going to work out. You might end up on the bones of your ass and I've got to support you one day, So I need that money.
Speaker 2: My us is never getting down to beare bones a lot of meat on that dumper? Now, I want to know did you ever, because you're obviously in Sydney Radio for the international listeners, radio is a terrestrial broadcast and no, Ben's on breakfast INTOGB and Sydney. It's sensational. Did you ever have an old school radio show? Did you ever do like Ben Ritney in the Budger regard, like any old shows back in your day that you were ashamed of or you don't really talk about?
Speaker 13: Ben?
Speaker 5: Well, what I did is I had my own radio show in my red Mitsubishi Colt when I was driving to do work experience and also working to work on weekends or to Yui. So what I would do I kind of worked out, you've got to be able to keep on talking as a radio host. So I thought, how long can I talk for before I run out of things to say? So I used to host my own tragic little radio show with an audience of one. As it turns out, it kind of gave me a bit of a basis of being able to talk and talk and talk.
Speaker 2: That's a good wou note. Yeah, that's how I started. I used to back announce the songs in the radio on my own, like they'd play and the when they'd end, I'd go that is this, and that is that. And you know I've been clinically diagnosed as insane, Ben, but you've got to.
Speaker 5: Be I mean people kind of think, well, how am I going to learn how to do that? Well, that's how you learn how to do it, you just start doing it. About aiming a crack, I mean, I know it's an old school line, but practice makes perfect.
Speaker 2: For yeah, all right, Preparation prevents pissed Paul performance.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 2: That's actually my dad taught me that when I was very young, and I still live by that today. Bullshit Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: But for everything else, I like the vibe of your dad, Chewy, because I follow you on Instagram obviously and when and you know what, I'll say this as well about both of you boys, You've both got great love for your families. I know that you're young and cool and you've got your podcast popular, but you also go out of your way on your social media to showcase your beautiful families, whether it's a Bogan Gate or Chewy, whether you're hanging around me, you know, the barbecue table with mum and your dad. Your dad seems like a really cool, young vibe of a dude.
Speaker 2: He's a good man. He's an ex Coronella Sharks footy player that now he runs a wine company, so he's you know, I have gone from cool job to cool job. He's a very cool dad.
Speaker 5: I'm very what's the name of the wine company.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't have heard of it. It's a yellow tail.
Speaker 5: Yellow tail.
Speaker 3: That shit's far too expensive for you beyond your taste.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm more than happy to talk up yellow tail if it means getting a little bit of yellow tail.
Speaker 2: I'll connect you with dad. But yeah, he's a good man, so his mum. We we're very lucky, Mitch to have good family. And Ben, you're the same your family. We saw your brother enjoy our one hundred episode Smash calh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we sent you the bloody the cake for the hundred episode and you regifted it.
Speaker 2: What a cheat scat that was.
Speaker 5: You know, I've got no issues with regifting. I know people frown upon it, but I've got no qualms about that. And when you send me the smash cake for the one hundredth episode, I thought, it's my brother Nick's birthday in a few days and we're all going up to Avoca during the Easter break. To catch up with. So I said, I'll bring the cake.
Speaker 2: And so it traveled well.
Speaker 8: We actually do a segment here on the podcast. It's called Talkback Tings.
Speaker 3: We just play any like bloopers or weird callers that.
Speaker 8: Come through on talkback radio.
Speaker 3: Has there been anything like that happened to you recently, Like if you had any weird oak call, go to air.
Speaker 5: Look, I love my weirdo callers, and I love when you guys bring out a bit of John Laws. I mean, some of the stuff you have on Lawsy is just fantastic. And look, I'm a big fan of the King John Laws, as you guys are. And can I give you a little bit of a humble brag for a moment. Twice a year I have lunch with Lawsy and I bring a few younger people along, people who might learn something from Lawsy. And the last time we had a lunch, towards the end of last year, I thought, how do we get into his house? Because he lives in that mansion at the end of the Woolamloo wharf. So you've got Russell Crow in one apartment and Lawsy just upstairs from Russell. I just said, John, I said, look, I'd love to be able to show these young people the kind of things that can be achieved when you work hard. Can we go back to the apartment for a wild turkey after lunch? And he said, of course we can. He took us downstairs onto the golf buggy. I don't know how many wines it had, but we all jumped on the golf buggy to Lawsy his place. And do you know what, I'm going to tell you one little secret about John Howard?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Please, He's got one of those secret walls in the house, like a bookcase right that opens up and reveals a secret room. That's all I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 2: Wow, my dream.
Speaker 8: Well, can I just say that we interviewed him on the podcast not long ago when.
Speaker 3: He said, oh, we've got to keep this tight. I've got a heart out of twelve thirty because I'm going to a lunch. That lunch turned out to be with you. And were we the young gun We were dragged along that day?
Speaker 2: No, we weren't. Who did you invite that day?
Speaker 5: I brought Peter Stefanovic from Young Guy Ideas.
Speaker 3: I thought you meant like beginners, said, I bring young guns with me if we.
Speaker 2: Need bringing media professionals. Then we would have gone for sure.
Speaker 5: Peter Stefanovick, here's a beginner, Okay, he's had a lot to learn. That young man him along, And the other young up and comer who I took along that day was a young boy called Richard Wilkins. And just write that name down.
Speaker 2: With a W. Wilkins, Yeah, with a W.
Speaker 5: Yeah with the W lovely, lovely young man. And he's got big hair and a really interesting entertainment.
Speaker 2: Mitch and him have so much in common. I know I was gonna say, all right, then, you're a good man. We love you. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to love Jenny, see you boys, bye, Darling.
Speaker 2: Say bye bye bye bye. What a good man.
Speaker 8: My guest booking is going just fine. Thanks for asking dial.
Speaker 2: I think that's a duel. We can claim that.
Speaker 3: Why didn't we do that week's ago? Just call him without any warning?
Speaker 2: Great, where were we up to? I don't remember. We haven't even started the show on the show. Oh yeah, Mitch is right, we haven't even done them.
Speaker 8: It's the first time listening what's out the show the same way every week with a call of Ben Fordham's something we've noticed something we hate or appreciate.
Speaker 2: There are gems? Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We do one at We don't know what the other's going to say. Why don't you kick things off?
Speaker 2: Darling?
Speaker 8: We're running late now thanks to Ben.
Speaker 2: All right, go Bradley, kick us off. Let's jump in.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Do you love a good morning TV show? Infomercial?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: They're so cringe but I adore them.
Speaker 2: Oh they're awful, And they're all clearly pre recorded, and the host alive and they throw to these prepackaged commercials that they've done all in one day, all in bulk, and the presenters don't want to be there. Let's be real.
Speaker 8: I just feel like the only beef I have with those.
Speaker 3: Is they could try a little bit harder to make it sound less scripted. Yes, like the people are always like, wow, Denise, that's amazing. How can people get this insurance plan?
Speaker 8: Tell me how if my.
Speaker 2: Husband were to die tomorrow, I could get a house in the Behamas.
Speaker 3: And they acted so surprised with the information, even though they would have pre read the script.
Speaker 8: You know exactly what the deal is.
Speaker 2: So I saw one this morning. This happened this morning you know, I wake up a bit later because I do the night show. So I'm up in Studio Ten's really in the middle of their show, right, I was at Studio ten one, Studio ten. We love, We've been on the show. You were just on their show. We've had them all on here with our good friend carry in. We're not knocking, very very true. We're not knocking the show. But this is an infomercial and I want you to tell me what you think the product is. So Tristan the host through to this commercial. It got my attention, but the result and the product is shocking. So I play it for you and I want us all to just take a guess. We all need a couple of steps. Le's get me, let's roll it. We'll see you in just the moments.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Kate.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: Stress, tension, stiff muscles, anxiety, or fatigue could lead to chronic health conditions and dependency on prescription drugs. But what if you could get released, just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, just by what what could be? What do you think maybe a foot massage.
Speaker 3: Or I was literally going to say foot massage. I bet it's something really obscure like that.
Speaker 2: Foot massages you know, what do you think, Because that's so we all have collectively all those issues between the lot of our Yeah.
Speaker 8: Can I hear it again?
Speaker 2: And the music so dramatic.
Speaker 3: Also, hang on, why does she say that's right, Katerian?
Speaker 2: No, because you know how there's the presenter that stands with them. The presenter like gestured at her to go like it was so a dodgy ed it. Okay, Dodgy'll see you in just the moments.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Kate.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: Stress tension, if muscles, anxiety, all fatigue could lead to chronic health conditions and dependency on prescription drugs. But what if you could get released just just buy.
Speaker 6: I think it's one of those neck massage things, oh those big next thing.
Speaker 2: Like the in flight neck pillows, but it's got a built in massage. Anyway, this is the result. This is the product they're selling after all that this can solve all your health ailments.
Speaker 7: Sitting down?
Speaker 2: What what that's it? That is that's how you fix all the issues?
Speaker 7: What sitting down?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's literally an ad for Australian sitting like this, the concept of sitting.
Speaker 7: Yes, sitting down.
Speaker 2: It's just who paid the ad it's just sitting down, Australian asses.
Speaker 8: Australian rumps, Australian tushes.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, were you sitting down when you saw it? And you were like, couldn't agree more?
Speaker 2: Babe, I could have help.
Speaker 3: My anxiety is actually really low at the moment, standing watching Studio ten, thinking great advice.
Speaker 2: I never thought of that. If you have an informational that you've seen that's worse than that, send it to us because we'd love to play it.
Speaker 3: I do get a kick out of them. They're gorgeous me too, all right, your turn yep pit me?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Do you struggle with bloody business jargon?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I do, but I don't get it much in radio everyone talks in lingo.
Speaker 3: I know that was one of the great things about working here, but oh my god, I just can't do it all the fancy talk on.
Speaker 2: EMAILSA When do you need to deal with jargon?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: Not much, although remember when I worked here and I got in trouble because I was too casual on emails.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember that, boss.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I literally replied to my boss saying yeah nah. She was like, listen, we need to talk. She didn't like that, But no, what's happened is I have a new manager now? Yeah, David, he loves business jargon and he's really good at it.
Speaker 2: I'll give him that.
Speaker 3: He sounds so fancy, But the problem is I don't understand a word that he's saying, oh.
Speaker 2: Dear at all. Is it in person or it's all of email?
Speaker 3: Like in person, he doesn't talk to me like that, but just even over text, he talks like he's on email. He'll be like, oh, you know, just confirming this will be of interest, and I'm like, okay, what he's trying to say, you're keen. I just can't understand what's happening, or just things like oh circling back on the above and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you get a chance to look at that?
Speaker 3: It's like I'm having to google translated in my head. What are they actually trying to say to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: But also you just like, just remember who you're.
Speaker 2: Talking to, Dave. You'd actually prefer to be spoken to like a dog. I think it's so true. Sucking reply Mitch and you'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, I leave him on red and he goes, oh he dog reply to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're struggling with it, we'll just bring it up with him. Just say, talk to me like a human. No, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: That's rude. I just feel like I don't want him to think I'm dumb. So do I have to start talking back like that?
Speaker 2: No, don't change you for him. Why don't I call him and just say, listen to here, David, you dumb it down, mate? For my man combs.
Speaker 8: Okay, what if he thinks he's got an idiot on his hands?
Speaker 2: Well, if he's as to this podcast, I'm not gonna don't know if he has or not.
Speaker 8: I really don't know. If he's listened, let.
Speaker 2: Me call him. I'm charming. I'm charming. I can convince anyone to do anything.
Speaker 8: Well, you know him, he used to work here, I do.
Speaker 2: I do know. David is a lovely guy. Did you speak to him much when he worked here all the time? Were very close because I was still in the closet. I think he knew, so he sort of took me under his wing.
Speaker 8: Yes, he is a gorgeous gay man.
Speaker 2: And a brilliant drag queen too. He performed at one of our Christmas parties.
Speaker 8: Oh, my god, I completely forgot that happened.
Speaker 2: It's been a while. It's been about a year or two because he left and traveled the world.
Speaker 8: I know, a small world. And now we're working together again.
Speaker 6: I didn't know he was back.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. No, no, no, he's in market. No, just say he's in Sydney. I hate that. It took me months to realize that people weren't talking about corn cobs when they're like, we need to buy cop c B.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he closed the business.
Speaker 3: I got one the other day and I still don't know what it was meant to be. Oh, read it, read it, let me find.
Speaker 2: Out, Jenna. I feel like you. You wouldn't to us, but to external companies. You would talk in business.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 3: So here's when I got the other day. This is the opposite issue. There's too much abbreviation in the email that I'm just supposed to. It's assume that I understand this jargon O T Y. If you're interested for iGEM, what's O T Y?
Speaker 8: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Is that a type? Anyway? Do you have his number or what you got? His name? You actually send it to me?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I want to know what that means.
Speaker 2: What does O T Y mean?
Speaker 8: See, I'm not cut out for this business jargon.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 8: Just talk to me like a normal person. I reckon.
Speaker 2: O t Y means over to you or the Orchestra for Talented Youth, which is established and you know what? Book him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Good, I don't have to have I'll send you his number if you really Yeah, I'll call.
Speaker 2: David like rekindling an old friendship. Thanks him through. What are you going to say? Because I don't want him think I'm dumb? I know had a position this perfectly.
Speaker 5: Speak.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon, David. It's Mitch Jury speaking Kiss FM radio Star TV personality.
Speaker 11: Oh goodness, I think I've heard of you.
Speaker 2: I'm here to Oh your client is here, I'm here. I call this this afternoon David representing your client, Mitchell Coombs.
Speaker 11: Okay, what's he done wrong this time?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Listen, David, before you continue, I need you to know something. He's too stupid to understand anything you say. And it's He's creative, very funny, very talented, but only only room for one thought in that brain per day. And the jargon that you spitfire him in email form. Yes it's professional, and yes it would work if you're.
Speaker 3: Just to clarify, I was actually talking about how I found it impressive. I'm like, oh my god, he speaks like a professional, but I don't understand what it's.
Speaker 2: Saying, David, David, no more eod, no more cob dumb it down, David.
Speaker 11: Look, are you interested in working with any clients that might provide a dictionary or a thesaurus?
Speaker 3: I can't even say the saws with my list, Dal and forget about it.
Speaker 11: I mean, how many letters can I use? What's commassing them?
Speaker 2: Keep this in mind less jargon?
Speaker 1: More garbage, less jargon, garbage.
Speaker 2: More garbage that actually works. Theah, that's very He doesn't respond well to jargon. He just likes real, straight to the point. Maybe a curse word, maybe some profanity.
Speaker 8: I don't think i've ever heard David swear to be fair.
Speaker 11: No, no, it's a high form of intelligence, is not swearing, which I always corporate. I'm very conscious that, you know, I am in charge of a lot of Mitchell's revenue, and so if I'm throwing around the sea bombs, the s bombs, whatever bombs it might be, it could severely impact his ability to keep up his drinking habits.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, was it that resonated? You should have seen his eyes light up like that.
Speaker 8: He's thinking of my drinking habits first and foremost. That is important. You know, I've got the right person in my corner.
Speaker 2: I think, David, I speak for Mitchell, your client, the talent us as many acronyms as you need when booking him gigs. But we're communicating back to him. I speak as a third party here and let's write this down. D d D damn it, damn David.
Speaker 11: So I'll use a dollar figure at time, and it's a client and that's about all I need to do, or even just.
Speaker 8: A voice message OI.
Speaker 2: Bitch, rial insta story ten K and he'll just.
Speaker 5: Dry shampoo on your hair and do this now.
Speaker 8: Yes, oh my god, yeah I do like that. Actually, the aggression.
Speaker 2: That's it. Thank you, David.
Speaker 5: Pleasure take care you use.
Speaker 1: It's just me. You got something on your mind.
Speaker 12: Hit up at a couple of Mitch's on Instagram to get yourself on the shoe.
Speaker 2: All right, it's now your turn to get on the show with it. Is it just you? It's your chance to have any gym of your own. Something you've noticed, something you hate or appreciate.
Speaker 3: Because we can't be expected to notice, hate and appreciate everything.
Speaker 8: He's brings something for once.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just want to look at something and not hated, not notice it, not appreciate it.
Speaker 3: What's something I've never noticed, hated or appreciated in this room. I don't think I've ever paid any attention to this.
Speaker 2: This bottle of hot.
Speaker 8: Sauce on Jackie O's desk in front of me.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't touch that. I've removed that once I got an email from Jackie's Pa. Really, yeah, because Jackie puts hot sauce on her eggs every morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is something I've never noticed, hated, or appreciated. This bottle of hot sauce, says may cause anal leakage?
Speaker 8: What what?
Speaker 2: Wow? It pays to notice things? Actually it does? You put that sticker off and put that on you on your phoe eight. Here's Harry with his Is it just you? Is it just me?
Speaker 9: Or is there nothing better than the smell of a brain?
Speaker 5: You life?
Speaker 2: Lazy boys?
Speaker 9: Sofa or any sofa doesn't need to be a lazy boy and double points if it's if it's leather, like I love just going to Harvey Norman and just walking laps, sniffing the fabric. It's just something so comforting about the smell.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I agree, Well how good the dead cow sorry vegans, but they smell girlgu in couch form.
Speaker 2: A brand new leather couch. Yes, but that lasts for a good year and then it's out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, but I think with painting that picture beautiful is it's just the there Harry great theater of the mind.
Speaker 8: I was picturing walking through Harvey Norman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this new furniture gorgeous to me.
Speaker 2: Know what's weird? And I learned this the other day and I didn't know this was a thing, and I know everything, so it shocks me. No, No, that restaurants and businesses craft are signature sent They pay upwards of one hundred thousand dollars to have a signature cent for that store or for that location. Like the Crown Sydney, which is the casino in the hotel, has its own signature scent that nowhere else in the world has and people walk int Oh, I gotta love that smell, so you only have a smell it there, so it's like recognition Louis Vuitton has their own smell.
Speaker 3: Jann up, use that new MacBook to google the clowns that make these signature sense.
Speaker 2: We need an sent Oh my god, we need an It smell like anal leak. Kids. We're a bit fruity, so we need fruity notes. Definitely, definite, a bit fruity notes. I just want to put it out of it. I love vanilla. I'd like a bit of vanilla. Oh, but not too much.
Speaker 8: It'll smell like a bloody airwic toilet spray.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 6: True, what about a little bit of caramel?
Speaker 8: I really do, just like you don't want to earn the a tinge jet.
Speaker 2: That's your input is sent Australia coming up. Yeah, that is it.
Speaker 6: That is the that is the body Asia dot com down because.
Speaker 2: Damien, our friend was telling me because I said, your house smells gorgeous. Is it an ASoP candle? He went, no, it's it's our house scent. He went, oh, I've ordered I have our own custom house scent. And he goes in four different diffuses around the house. He goes, everyone says it, but it's unique to us. You can't buy it. I love that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we need a scent we need and you know what we can do, great, Jenny, you've got a project.
Speaker 2: Because people listen to this show on in their car. We could get it made into little bottles and it can be a car scent.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, yeah, no, I like where we're headed with this.
Speaker 2: We can put one drop of Sam's sweat so the women go ravenous.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Can we give them a call Australian Census Australian.
Speaker 8: You do that off the bloody cloud, Jenna.
Speaker 2: This is your internal target. Bring us an update next week, okay, and I thank you for that, Harry. Appreciate your resigition with Harry. Keep them coming, Darling. Yeah, if you've got something, you've noticed, something you hate to appreciate, send us a voice message or a note on a couple of inches on Instagram and we'll get you on the cloud.
Speaker 8: Are you ready to go to TikTok School, Darlan.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a christy red apple.
Speaker 3: Right so TikTok School. As you know, we like to thrip off other people's ideas. Sometimes they'll be scrolling and I think, oh, Cheery will nail that. I'm going to bring that up on the show.
Speaker 2: Get his hot take and for those at home, you can't see this because it's a podcast. Jenna is in a slutty teachers outfit every time we do it, and it's hot. It's hot.
Speaker 8: But today we're doing a bit of a social experimenter.
Speaker 2: Yes we are. We wanted to put it out into the world and change the podcast up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Because you know those tiktoks that you always see of straight men who host podcasts.
Speaker 2: Mitchell had to just swallow his vomit there for a second, because they are vile and they are rising in prominence, these boring straight men talking about women's issues.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: It's like you just leave a couple of men alone with a microphone, no women in the room, although often there is one. There's this some little pick me goes that's the worst, is laughing along and they'll say really uninformed, dumb shit'sogynistic bullshit, but there's no one to call them out. Yeah, exactly, but there is, like there's sort of method to the madness because those videos always blow up, don't they.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, And that's why I see them, because then my algorithm has straight in it. No, it doesn't have any of the boy words. In it, but it gets on my feed it'd be because of podcast. Oh you're right.
Speaker 3: And also the amount of it is they always blow up because it stirs the pot. Whenever these straight men put these problematic things out in the world.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is it's essentially the anti version of us. It's the straight version of what we do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying that we're the most intelligent podcasts, Like we're as dumb as they come.
Speaker 2: But we talk about a name shit too.
Speaker 3: But like, this is a certain way about these straight men delivering their podcast.
Speaker 8: So, like I've got an example.
Speaker 3: This is just the sort of things that you might hear on a straight man podcast.
Speaker 13: One thing I hated back on to restaurance is when they asked for a tip. I feel like in Australia, we just don't do that, right. So I was like, yeah, we have the bill. They bring it over and they've got like the receipt printed down and they put it on the table and that we'll be back. And I was like, so you're just waiting for me to write a tip. I think down the bottom of tip and I'm like, no, not happening.
Speaker 1: Never happened.
Speaker 13: The screen literally said, would you like to tip? And it's like a yes or nobody.
Speaker 1: In her hand. No, like such a piece of shit.
Speaker 13: Like she said about this, I was like, n note it for you.
Speaker 2: I can get fuck.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: What to be fair, they actually sound quite fun. I feel like I get along with them. What's the name of that show?
Speaker 3: But there's just something about the way they do this thing that my brother does right where they talk and it's like they don't open their mouth very wide, so that I kind of sound a lot. These like those sound like you're mumbling a bit and you're like, oh fuck that not to fucker. Also, just keep their lips really close together when they.
Speaker 2: Talk, and they laugh so aggressive and really quickly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they immediately result to insults. Always I always have to insult somebody.
Speaker 2: And also I love that was the most basic observation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they I mean, like I said, we can't talk. We're quite bloody basic when it comes to our observations too. However, this is the sort of problematic shit we're talking about that always blows up. Okay, so this is what we need to channel in our experiment.
Speaker 4: As a male, I could have eighteen thirty forty fifty women pregnant at the same time. As a female, you can only be pregnant by one.
Speaker 2: Man at a time.
Speaker 4: And further it, it will fit you as a woman to stick to that man, because the more you get pregnant, the more your value declines, stretch marks, losing the vaginal elasticity, and all of these meaningful things that attract met So you are one who should stick with the man. So monogamy is very meaningful for women, whereas for a male who has a lot of resources, monogamy is not a necessity.
Speaker 8: Shut up, I feel sick.
Speaker 2: I feel fucking sick less.
Speaker 6: Decid Oh my god, God, I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 2: And the ding what do they need?
Speaker 8: The and so anyway, these always blow up, don't They always?
Speaker 2: Millions of us.
Speaker 8: So this is our experiments. So we're gonna pretend we're straight.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, so we need to change quite a few things. What we're going to do is, for those listening, you're in on the joke. This is a long game. We're going to do our impression of a straight man podcast. We're going to put it up on our podcast feed, which has quite a few thousand followers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it'll be on our TikTok.
Speaker 3: So idiots listening right now, you've got to go to the comments and be outraged as soon.
Speaker 2: As you see the video. Don't be like this is hilarious. I'm in on the joke. We want people to see if they believe that we're a straight podcast.
Speaker 8: It's like there's people like this in the world, and it's just sad that people think this work.
Speaker 2: Or amen brother with the praying emotion. Now, the problem is mitch our screens behind they're not straight. We need to fix them up.
Speaker 8: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: They're a bit do you yeah? Something about the hot pink and the yellow. They're always in like a it's like a home office. It's never a good yeah.
Speaker 3: Why does straight men just avoid studios like they're always just in their lound room.
Speaker 8: Can you find a really disgusting bedroom?
Speaker 2: Find us a sharehouse lounge room with one half dead palm front in the back and they always have a cheap boom arm. Oh, this is I reckon. I'm going to be the giveaway.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to sound straight at all, Like I can't say anything problematic that true.
Speaker 2: Isn't that ironic? I've got a high voice to near it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, Sam, it just becus the most disgusting blow up mattress on a carpet of bedroom with the boxes and no furniture.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and a used coffee mug on the ground. Oh that is fout.
Speaker 8: Okay, you nailed that.
Speaker 2: Actually, well he is a straight man. That's actually Sam's bedroom.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to say something really dumb and we're not don't go too far, just like really uninformed and stupid. And then I'll just be like your hype man, the just eggsy on.
Speaker 2: Yes, because there was one in that first one that would just repeople. The host was saying, and then may laugh.
Speaker 3: Actually, Jenny, you're gonna have to be like I said, the pick me girl. It just never sends up for women. It just goes yeah, yeah, Sam, it's not like a hat out there. So I can look straight.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, you give me a minute.
Speaker 8: I just put my hood on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give myself a front fringe.
Speaker 8: Do I look straight over and put my hood up? Is that better you do?
Speaker 5: At?
Speaker 6: No, that's good.
Speaker 2: So you don't show. Don't show your perfectly coconut oiled hair. Now, no, straight away, all right, this is my fringe, because what a straight man do. They love to cover their receding hair like I like to do that too. Shut up.
Speaker 8: That's why I've embraced the middle part.
Speaker 2: I'm going to button all the way up.
Speaker 1: Is that straight?
Speaker 2: Sam?
Speaker 3: Is there like a hoodie or something out there to make Mitch look more straight?
Speaker 8: He still looks gay to me.
Speaker 2: Now you need the full button up like a lad.
Speaker 3: Now you look like a bloody altar boy. So with there no hat out there, Sam, oh, I think he's found one.
Speaker 6: He's found a hat.
Speaker 3: He's found it, Like, yes, this will change everything. Yeah, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to loosen thing for your big head.
Speaker 2: Anyone have an extended belt? I'm sure? Were it front way or back.
Speaker 8: Back way, back way, it's definitely. Oh god, there we go.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. Have you guys ever seen me with a hat on? It's never. It's giving a bit humpty dumpty. Just quietly bag.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my bum bag.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's my purse.
Speaker 8: I think you'll find and that's the difference.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 8: There we go.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, did you see your own reflection? I look heterosexual. I don't even know what let's just let's just roll.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is us channeling a stupid, uninformed straight man podcast.
Speaker 2: And you just know that if this was real, it would be called a couple of bitches.
Speaker 8: No, it'll be called like Lad's unfiltered or something, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Our logo would be a red back spider with our faces in the middle.
Speaker 3: But don't say anything too fucked up. Just say something dumb. But like you say it with such conviction.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I've got a theory right that breast milk isn't.
Speaker 3: Real, Mitchell, lower the tone you sound. You're like breath, look even real, too animated.
Speaker 2: But it's not.
Speaker 8: Isn't real?
Speaker 2: Agon?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, well but here's the thing. But brohm, we'men are lying about the periods. Man, put your mind to it for a second and think about it, right, And I'll put this to the room. Chicks a love to waffle on about their period I get every two weeks. I get every two.
Speaker 8: Weeks, fucking constant me.
Speaker 2: Where's the proof when you think about it, it's so true, right, get this right? Only periods I know in my life high school, finishing home economic, you finish English, you finish mathematics. What about maybe when you're writing a sentence and you finish that thing you lost me, man, the thing at the end of a sentence that's a period. You're like, how are we.
Speaker 3: Supposed to know that you're actually telling the truth, Like you're a cheek. I've never actually seen a period eight, so you could be a conspiracy eight.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm so with you. And they lie like this, they get us, they try to get it's.
Speaker 3: A flirty like, don't you it's not even true man, And I've never seen anyone by periods.
Speaker 8: Now, I think that was really profound from us. I think we made some points.
Speaker 2: The first one. They just basically described how paying at a restaurant works, and they thought it was groundbreaking. So we need to do something really simple and think that it's groundbreaking. Hear me out, let's try.
Speaker 3: Oh you're actually doing it now? Yeah, okay, how don't you have to give me warning? It takes the way for me to get any straight man character.
Speaker 9: Real.
Speaker 2: And that's why giving birth should cost money. But more on that later. Hey, today, petrol, they're all the same broney three ninety four, ninety six. It all goes on the same pit man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon, it's not even any different a you just put it in and like the cargoes, it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 2: I've got a friend, right, Blake, Like hey, okay, or you fucked out at the Christmas party twice in the night.
Speaker 8: You know, I mean, she doesn't like to talk about it.
Speaker 2: You know she fucked Blake. Yeah, she fucked Trevor and then she fucked Blake again.
Speaker 8: No, you gotta you gotta stop doing that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep yourself pure. You got to dedicate yourself to the one man once you find him.
Speaker 2: But no one actually respects a woman that has kissed a man before they kiss you.
Speaker 3: If the liberties feel dirty, man, you know what I mean, Like, God, they feel dirty.
Speaker 8: But if I want to kiss someone doesn't matter. But for girls, nah.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's true.
Speaker 3: True, yes, even she agrees, like women are just not speaking up, you know, like they all think this ship, but they're not brave.
Speaker 2: Enough to say it.
Speaker 6: You know what you think exactly.
Speaker 2: And that what you just said there is profound.
Speaker 3: Statically, when did we change names? I feel disgusting ninety three?
Speaker 8: Okay, So if you see these videos on our TikTok go be offended or agree with us and say equally stupid shit.
Speaker 2: In the comedy. Add another thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that ding is so annoying.
Speaker 6: Yeah so dark.
Speaker 8: Oh our ding is much more theatrical because we're mosh.
Speaker 2: What a performance that tick is? You want to hear? Their incorrect buzzer doesn't exist because men can't be wrong in their eyes. Yes, sir, Amen, that's right. It's so fucking true. True, yeah, true, preach. All right, shall we go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think we should before we say something fucked bumbags. Reminds you that time I wore a hole to monitor for a week.
Speaker 8: Oh I've had to do that before too.
Speaker 3: You know what, it is realized we said that Jenna should be the pick me girl that never disagrees with this.
Speaker 8: I feel that you should disagree with us more. You should probably been with your opinion.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 6: But you're not talking about stuff like that. Oh if you were, I'd punch you in the face.
Speaker 3: Just as long as you know that you're allowed to. You know, if we ever say something and you disagree, please pipe in. I know that because usually you agree with us. What's something we could say that Jenna wouldsagree with?
Speaker 2: Murder, not on.
Speaker 6: Oh come on, you've never tried it.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you for listening everyone. Thank you to Ben Forda for coming on. What a Superstar is a good week in the other choice city. No, he didn't do we even tell him that was live. Maybe he just thinks we only do dual phone calls. Yeah, we never actually said hey, Ben, you're on the show. I think we did, didn't we I don't know. Oh my god, we actually should mention. Mitch and I saw each other twice this weekend.
Speaker 8: It's too much. I've done out of conversation.
Speaker 2: Actually almost three times, really, because we went over at midnight to a new day. So I saw you Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 3: You know, he said last week that he's in his social era. I thought, bullshit, you're not going to socialize.
Speaker 8: Oh god, he's really committed.
Speaker 3: I saw him twice Friday and Saturday night. Famously he hibernates on those nights. Yes, but no, we didn't.
Speaker 2: This week. I've realized I just won't have any friends if I keep saying no. So I've said yes to everything I've been invited to.
Speaker 3: God, let's fuck with him and just invite him to so much shit.
Speaker 2: I've got a BDSM party.
Speaker 8: Do you want to feel in on trash Alley?
Speaker 3: When I hate the way, I will actually great that.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be in Fiji in a few weeks and so I have to do the show by myself.
Speaker 2: I'll love to do. You wouldn't have to alter the catering budget at all? Well you wouldn't. Oh god, I can say that. Okay, thank you for listening. Should we actually do that?
Speaker 8: Can imagine you want trash ole feel in?
Speaker 2: What do you talk about celebt gos? That's my radio show, cele If anything, I'm more qualified than him.
Speaker 8: It's very different to hear.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about, you know, misogynistic TikTokers and like infomercials on Studio ten.
Speaker 2: What do you talk about Kim kay and?
Speaker 8: Oh no, we bean in the Kardashian Oh yes.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't. Yeah, if this is a genuine offer, lit me in with David and I'll send you my feet my close of business.
Speaker 8: We'll talk off the but that would be kind of funny you on trash Alley.
Speaker 2: I'm in my yes Man era. That Jim Carrey movie. I watched it and thought I'm gonna do that all right.
Speaker 8: Well we'll see how long this social line era last.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening everyone. I need to go rise to my head under cold water. That hat has really do me a dirty and great to see you again, Sam General, see next week.
Speaker 8: We'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: Idiots, Love Your Baby Fat? Is it just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 12: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 8: Welcome to add brief.
Speaker 3: This is our secret segment on the end, we pretend that the show's over and then we keep talking shit and hopefully no one hears this part unless you're like a real MVP, because yeah, this has been embarrassing.
Speaker 2: And also hello to all the new listeners. Because, like we said, the straight men get a lot of views on TikTok, the game men also get a lot of views. We have a whole new TikTok audience did hear listening and a lot from the States. So I don't know what we did, but we hit the American gay audience and I love it. I love it.
Speaker 8: Also, have you noticed that a lot of people because our Facebook.
Speaker 3: Group and during idiots, just for our own little survey monkey, we've got a question.
Speaker 8: When you enter the group, it says.
Speaker 2: How did you discover us?
Speaker 8: Just out of curiosity.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of people saying I listened to trash Alley and I ran out of episodes, so I started listening to this one. Yes, and so it's worked in your favor. Actually, even though trash Alley is your nemesis.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I actually saw a lot. I accept them straight away. I am a fan of Mitchell Turi in everything that he does, and I ran out of everything that he does.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen any.
Speaker 2: I've got approveprove, and the moderators can back me up. Speaking of are we do for a moderator games? Are we do for? Have we done twelve? Because that's every twelve months a moderator games?
Speaker 3: Oh well, all I remember about the moderator games is that we're in lockdown because I was working from home, so it would have been what like June, July, August.
Speaker 2: Okay, well time is running, Finn.
Speaker 3: For the current moderators, are you actually gonna off them? Are you going to cancel them and get new ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: To moderate our.
Speaker 8: Fast Book group.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'll miss them.
Speaker 3: Are they allowed to reapply? Of course they can, Yes, yeah, maybe we bring on people to oust them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm happy that it's coming up, so don't freak out about it. Current moderators. There's not a lot of moderating required, not really. One person said one dumb thing once and I think I blocked and I jumped on.
Speaker 8: Do you know one thing I had to delete once? What someone put in the group.
Speaker 2: Don't be mean it mean about me?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, you'll back me up on this. I think you'll find that I made the right call. Someone put in the group. Oh my god, I heard you guys talking about banana vapes, Combs's favorite flavor. I just went and tried one, and it's delicious.
Speaker 2: It's my new favorite.
Speaker 8: And I was like, no, no, no, how many times.
Speaker 3: Do I have to say do as I say? Not if I do, I've said a million times. I don't endorse vaping. It was a huge mistake, yes, because it's.
Speaker 8: Like very addictive and not good for you. So I just don't go there.
Speaker 2: And you would have canceled it for that, and I would have denied it based on the mention of our rival fruit.
Speaker 8: Sam, you missed this last week.
Speaker 3: A cheery has boycotted bananas and you're expected to do the same.
Speaker 2: Oh really Australian bananas. I'll go to Fiji and coffer lady finger.
Speaker 8: No, youuring character is the straight man again.
Speaker 3: But yes, like I said, just for the record, don't bloody vape Mitch.
Speaker 2: At the party we were at, remember, I was very tipsy and I found someone's vape on the ground and I took it and I said, don't you dare? And don't you dare? And I did, No, you did not. Then the bottom flashed and Mitch was like, ah, that means it's out. And I was sucking on someone's dead babe. No, that's foul, and all I got was battery acid in my mouth. It was awful.
Speaker 8: I told him not to do it.
Speaker 1: He did, he did, he did.
Speaker 2: Now, Jenna, can you give me the number for Australian sense, because I'm serious.
Speaker 3: I reckon in many years to come. Sorry, this is I'm film the vaping thing in many years to come, when they've finally done all this research about how harmful it is. I'm going to be that bitch on the ad, the smoking ads. It's like I wish as smoked I had a successful podcast.
Speaker 2: They'll cut to me now this is my counterpart who didn't vape, and I'm holding up Logi's.
Speaker 8: Same age, same income, but one of them vapepes.
Speaker 2: This is the one that vaped.
Speaker 3: Firth your teeth, then you're wig and then you're a three device And I have very for the day.
Speaker 8: And now here's the one that didn't vape.
Speaker 1: Will and Fortune everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had my third heart transplant this week and I'm back on the show. All right, can you please get me Australian Center. Australian Center, Australia. I want to call them and.
Speaker 8: I want to Oh my god, that feels like so long.
Speaker 2: Ago, I know. Is that the same show?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, it's today. I'm sure.
Speaker 8: Why are you calling Center?
Speaker 2: Threats Reggie from Big Brother?
Speaker 8: Is it hi, Reggie?
Speaker 2: I've got Reggie. I've got an interview with Reggie from Big Brother?
Speaker 1: Do you yeah? I take it?
Speaker 6: Oh, she's really nice.
Speaker 2: I like her. Pause it.
Speaker 1: She was sweet.
Speaker 2: I do I do froth.
Speaker 8: Reggie in all honesty and she's back.
Speaker 2: I know, God lover. Did she win? Yeah?
Speaker 3: She beat Christie Swan was Christy's one runner up. They were Bestie's in the house the whole time. Christie and Reggie if only I told you that prior, you could have used that in your interview.
Speaker 8: It's almost like you haven't researched her.
Speaker 2: And I saw legally blind and I read legally blind, so I asked how the filming was.
Speaker 8: Well, idiot, So sorry, who the fuck are you calling?
Speaker 2: The Scent calling cent Australia because we won our own coat to sell at a very affordable price.
Speaker 5: We'll do the talking Australia.
Speaker 2: Hey, sephan, my name is Mitch Jury. I'm calling from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: How are you yourself?
Speaker 2: Good? Mate? I'm good. Hey. I know this is a crazy, crazy ask and we can discuss it in an email or whatever. But I host a podcast couple of mitches. I also work at Kiss FM. We're recording right now. We have to tell you that on the podcast right now, Stefan, and we want to I don't know if anyone's ever done this, but is it possible potentially craft Ascent for our podcast?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Absolutely, there's a bit of lead time behind and getting it right, but it's yeah, absolutely something that we can do it in Australia.
Speaker 2: Stephan. That's fantastic because the podcast people listened to in the car, so we thought maybe get the scent, maybe get it as a car refreshener so they can smell the show as they listen to the show.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, yeah, that's it's a really good, really good idea, and it's something you would love to do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can I give you an email because I genuinely love to make this happen.
Speaker 10: Awesome, Yeah, reach out and we can get the ball rolling on it.
Speaker 5: Look for hearing from you, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Stefan, Thank you mate, See you guys, babe. What a charming fellow.
Speaker 3: Step He did say, there's a bit of lead time, so actually you get on that shit because the last thing we need is more merch delays. Oh for everyone who's still waiting on merch, I apologize, don't you worry. I've been going full Karen on them. They're on the way though. They actually are finally good. Apparently there was like rain which delayed the hand tie dyeing of the shirts or something, and then I'm like going, it's really Also, did I tell you know how we had the competition blue verth yellow Pope one?
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, you did.
Speaker 3: Originally it was going to be yellow and pink, and then we ended up saying no swap out blue. They sent all three, so now we have a fuckload of pink pop sockets.
Speaker 8: Oh shit, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you know what we could bring back. Leave a review, get on the podcast, get a pop socket, it gets listens. You know what I really want to do.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do mug may like, we bring back the mugs, but with the season four photos and a different color.
Speaker 2: I pitched this, and tell me if you think this is a good idea I wanted to put. Also, put Jenna's face in the middle of the mug, down the bottom, so people go, you've.
Speaker 3: Left her out again, And when they get to the bottom of the market, on the bottom of their drink, they're like.
Speaker 8: Oh, hi, jesus, here it is I love.
Speaker 3: But we make her face like burnt because she's been under a hot coffee.
Speaker 2: Yes, tea bagging me. Oh my god. Well, let's not discuss merch until our listeners get latest a bunch of merchan. We thank you for.
Speaker 8: Buying it, yeah, and it's actually not far off.
Speaker 2: Here, it's coming and we apologize. But yeah, you know, maybe he's an incentive say thank you for waiting. Some free pop sockets on the show could be one.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, no, they will be getting free pop sockets with their order.
Speaker 5: You love me.
Speaker 2: I love it, you know what. I because I don't have a case on my phone because I'm rich, and I want a pop socket because don't have a case, and I can just stick it on. It'd be so good. You could do that now, you know even I want it my own.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, true, Okay.
Speaker 2: I got an ego to get drive. I realized that we should have put fucking what do you call it QR codes? Yes, on the pop socket.
Speaker 8: But that'd be a bit busy, wouldn't it. I'll put it on the new mugs. Maybe we'll make mug May happen.
Speaker 2: I get this too late, No, we could.
Speaker 8: Right, mug May. We're halfway through the month.
Speaker 2: But fuck it. I like mug Mate, but we need to do a fund design. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 2: I've already called Stefan, so I'll follow that. You followup the mugs.
Speaker 8: Great and more.
Speaker 6: I'm going to be sending them out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, do you have a think that Jenna, who with prize Keeper, Yes, really should be the one sourcing and doing all this price keeping. So what I'm gonna do is, once we get these pop sockets and it's gonna dumb the one a desk and be like, deal with it.
Speaker 8: Give them out, You've got a week. You think of the mechanics, do you think?
Speaker 2: You send them out and you do everything like one of those viral videos of the wankers that get a parking ticket and they're like, who, I'm out from the city hall and I got my three hundred dollars poking ticket in pennies and they dump the pennies on the desk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I hate them, but yes, great idea. Yeah, Jenna, about time we put you to work.
Speaker 3: We should, we should, we should name it. We'll call it the Jenna does her job challenge.
Speaker 6: He can't even get guests.
Speaker 8: No, you're already.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong, Jenna. God, it's just really.
Speaker 8: Difficult be the only one that's competent in the room.
Speaker 2: In waffle on nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. I said, I want a filee. Yeah, Haveviana. Gotta love Haviana. I used to make what happened to Haviana The Fall of Havana's They had vending machines.
Speaker 6: And still machines.
Speaker 8: Do they not have those anymore?
Speaker 2: Don't fee what people? I would not know where to buy crocs took over slides slide.
Speaker 8: That's true, but I also do have a pair of heavy honas.
Speaker 2: They're bloody gorgeous. Yeah, you know what, You're the only person I can and this isn't a dig, but you're the only person I can think of that I have recently seen in Havana's and you rocket it's very They.
Speaker 3: Did send them to me, though, I got sent Bennet's tre David put the package at my door and said, see below.
Speaker 2: What else is there? Let's quickly google some workling go business jargon. I'm going to craft an email to my producer of my radio show. Oh my god, Nat Penfoalt, who you love not now produces my radio show. In case she didn't know, but she produces the show. I'm going to send her an email for my night show, but I'm going to only speak in business jargon.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, there's a website Good afternoon, nap no, so the subjects.
Speaker 2: I've got Jess Malboy on the show tomorrow night, so let's craft an email. I'm going to make the subject JM. J just Mambley sees no JM in the PMS. Oh yeah, JM. Two morrow.
Speaker 3: No, but they always write like in the am instead of in the morning, and I thought they were talking about the radio frequency at first. When I got those emails here, it was like, oh in the am and I'm like, we're on FM babes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Mitch, you tell this story very well. You told me the first email you got when you worked on the KRN Jackie Our show about Kyle and they used abbreviations. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I got an email that says, speak to k in the am tar, no full stops or capital letters. And I was like, who's k Does she work in reception?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what's the AM? I was like, we don't work on it. But also tar, Like You're like, is that tar? Or is that thanks a lot?
Speaker 5: Like what is?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I'm actually these days I'm quite a slut for a tar. I use tar all the time on emails.
Speaker 2: I write cheers, which is a bit heterosexual. All right, So I've got done GM in the AMC's I'll go who's the GM JM just my boy. So I'm gonna go Nat.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon, Nat. Hope this email finds you well, God, is it slow tiping? I am writing in regards to the Jessica Malboy appearance schedule for tomorrow? AM, No, PM, is this something that you have the capacity to make?
Speaker 2: Priority by Cob Good afternoon, Nat warm warmest.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 8: We were talking about this on trash Aler the other day.
Speaker 3: The bitchiest thing you can sign off an email with is thanks in advance, which kind of implies like it's not up for discussion.
Speaker 8: You're fucking doing it.
Speaker 2: JM in AMC's.
Speaker 8: That's out at her desk.
Speaker 2: If she reads that I'm waiting in regards to the I'm writing in regards to the jam appearance scheduled for tomorrow, AM, is this something that you have the capacity?
Speaker 5: Am?
Speaker 2: It's pm B Cob thanks in the best mystery, warmost regards your boss.
Speaker 3: No, warmost regards m M.
Speaker 2: Is she looking she's doing?
Speaker 8: What a slack for witnessing her be slack on emails like.
Speaker 2: She's out there producing my quiz and not reply to my stupidity.
Speaker 8: I didn't realize that she was working on your show properly.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, she does. She produces everything.
Speaker 8: Wow, she's not very good.
Speaker 2: We should probably go by the way what I want to show. I just want to wait.
Speaker 8: Can we just wait until that opens this email.
Speaker 2: She's scheduling music. I feel bad.
Speaker 3: Just tell her put the station on shuffle. You don't need to schedule music. It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I want to do this on the show. I don't know what it is, but my private Gmail. I keep getting the name Mitch Jury has been mentioned by a well known author on academ I think we did do thatt, No, I think I mentioned it. I want you've got to make an account to know.
Speaker 3: I actually used to have an academia account because I went to UNI and I fucking it's so painful that website.
Speaker 2: What even is it?
Speaker 3: It's literally likes yeah, academic sources that have to cite in all of your fucking things, Like you can't make your own original thoughts. You have to find someone else who's had that thought before and then cite them.
Speaker 1: Bullshit.
Speaker 2: It is bullshit.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, she's looking out on the screen.
Speaker 2: Is she looking now checking email?
Speaker 6: She's looking.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. She's looking very confused. Oh here we go. Did you give the email I sent to you talking about.
Speaker 4: Who's JM?
Speaker 2: Who's JM? How very dare you just?
Speaker 5: My boy?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 6: You can go?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Can I go?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: I have work to do. Just make sure you get it done by Cob. He doesn't have time with this bullshit neither a wee. Let's go, guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, we hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 3: So week, Sam, did you forget your line or something?
Speaker 2: No, he's fucking the finance lad, so horny of the moment. Pheromones?
Speaker 8: What is a pheromone?
Speaker 2: Pheromone? No, I'm was saying you're wrong. I just don't know. It's a new instrument I'm learning. Pheromoni is the what is it?
Speaker 5: No? Sure?
Speaker 2: Pheromona? What? And then women a girl shut up? Overy over his sorry pul all these two of them. So the women say pheromones, pheromones are what men and women excreet, and they are what arouse people. They turn people on. What a word excreet? So have you ever been with a man, Mitch?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Never end?
Speaker 2: And they've you been turned on by the smell? Maybe they've been at the gym, Maybe they're a bit sweaty, or maybe they're clean. Maybe you get off the fact on the fact that they're clean, Like that's the.
Speaker 3: True and I know what you mean. Never the sweaty version though, Yes, if we end up that way, so be it to start sweating.
Speaker 2: Hayden kind of likes that. I think he likes the sweat a little bit.
Speaker 8: Oh well, thank god that comes in handy.
Speaker 2: What a bush pig.
Speaker 8: Of a boyfriend he's got, who's always perspiring.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't have made it past one month if he wasn't into perspiration. All right, let's go. Thank you for listening everyone, We love you.
Speaker 8: What a tears smell like? That's not my boyfriend's going to get one day.
Speaker 2: Also, if he oysters, it increases your pheromones. Right, Oh, aphrodisia? Yeah, sorry, different thing. I hope that an afridisia. It's a local drag queen. She's very good, she's amazing.
Speaker 8: What actually is it?
Speaker 2: Afrodisiak is a food or something that you consume that increases your libido. Oh so you can do that. Yeah, if you need a whole shitnel oysters it increases your abta ship.
Speaker 8: Okay, I've got some gurgling today.
Speaker 2: We got to get out of here. Yeah, we need to get into Australian oysters.
Speaker 8: I actually hate oysters though, so I'm never it's never going to work for me.
Speaker 2: You haven't had the right oyster, good fresh oysters, or oysters killed Patrick with bacon on it. Yeah, I remember that scene on Offpring kill Patrick. Oh no, that was an oyster driving that. All right, So next week, everyone there.
Speaker 1: Is It Just Me a podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 12: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast