Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Recently then, we were talking about the most dangerous room in the house be in the kitchen, and we had some amazing stories about your kitchen injuries.
Speaker 3: Trying to be super healthy. Was making organic tomato soup stick. Blender out starts blending it, but the tomato got clagged up, so I thought, oh, right, let's switch it off, unclag it, carry on. But I didn't have my glasses on, so I didn't actually switch off the blender. I switched off my charger. I didn't know what was blood and tomato at the end of it.
Speaker 4: Everywhere doing the dishes after a Sunday roast, carving n slippery horns straight through the forward.
Speaker 1: I was young and I was getting something out of the freezer and saw it was all nice and powdery.
Speaker 4: And so I decided I'd lick it.
Speaker 1: And I got my tongue stuck to the freezer other side of.
Speaker 4: It, and I was trying to pry it off, and in the end I just had to do the big rip and it ripped it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, we're going to call this feature and make me scream, all right? So once a week we're going to pick a different room of the house. So we've ticked off the kitchen. There were loads of stories. It ran over two days and then so many of you all kitchen injury stories. We're going to go outside the house today then, so we're looking for your injury stories about if you've been injured in the garden. So in that we're looking for stories that are involving maybe on the deck, sheds and gardens. So any garden, deck or shed injuries, we want your stories. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. We're moving on from kitchen injuries and the most dangerous room in the house. We picked a new room this week. It's all about going outside. Injuries in the garden, so that involves decks and sheds are nine four one four one four three Nikola up my ladder hands saw on a branch and the sawd became stuck.
Speaker 5: Took a closer look and pulled the saw back with all my.
Speaker 2: Might, punched myself in the mouth, split my lips still have the scar greg upper ladder. How many one that needs to evolve? Upper ladder up a ladder cut a huge branch of a gum tree to the waife. I think this will fall on me. Wife said, well, why don't you move me? I kept cutting, mind asleep. Two minus later, I'm on my back with a branch on me and four broken ribs.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Yes, always listen to the laugh.
Speaker 2: Christian greg counting, Good morning, good morning, how are you? I'm good cowding, Welcome to the show. So what happened in the garden?
Speaker 1: It was in the shed. My father was cutting a piece of wood with the angle grinder, doing some work on it with my younger brother in the shed hit an unseen bolt angle rind to split. One blade went one way, the other blade went the other, missed my brother's head by about two inches. The other blade went straight through the back of my father's leg through the calf, to which we saw him coming up the stairs holding his lead together and he just looked at us and said, get me a towel. So, yeah, he's got a massive scar there. He's actually miss if you told he's missing a finger, he's he's a classic for doing something in the backyard.
Speaker 5: But classic, classic, h it's classic. What's he lost now? That is?
Speaker 2: But it's a James Bond thing with a very Ninja SoRs going through the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we're dodging him in slow motion, like.
Speaker 1: He does a trick with his with his finger with the grandkids, because he's missing a finger. He does a trick and sort of he picked his nose too much as a kid and that's how he lost it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is classic, isn't it. That's a great one to start with. Thank you very much your story. All right, So well it keeps going on nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Sue, good morning, how are you? I'm good? So is it the garden in the deck or the shed?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the garden. Just out one day, turning over the garden with a pitchfork, but I was wearing songs at the time. The pitchfork went straight through the webbing between my paes.
Speaker 5: Kind of pilf like a snag with a four. People still use the pitchfork.
Speaker 6: In Well, I'm a horticulturist. I'm a bit you know, a bit fancy is my garden.
Speaker 1: But as a horticulturist, you should know some boots, you know more than us fools.
Speaker 6: You know, you know not to do that said to me. The doctor said, you know, you should be wearing protective footing and I'm like, yes, thanks captain obvious.
Speaker 5: So what happened? Do you have to go to hospital?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I just had to go get a tetanus shot at the doctor. But the worst being I had to pull the pitchfork.
Speaker 2: Out, casual what you had to do that?
Speaker 6: You have to drive yourself to the doctor with a very.
Speaker 2: Stick it out the window, you know, a jousting stick overside.
Speaker 5: So great story, Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 4: A good one.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your garden injuries today. They was going to include decks and sheds. Christian, this is an injury about my neighbor. I was sitting on my couch one day looking across the road. I could see my neighbor standing on top of a flimsy keyword here, flimsy bunny shed. He was stood on the roof waving us and waved back, and then all of a sudden he fell through.
Speaker 5: What a sight. That guy goes with me. That's life, isn't it? And one minute you're waving going on the roof. What's this on my ass? Excuse me? That's my story. I'm here to share it, bunny shit.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden I just saw disappeared into the bonding shed and I said, the neighbor Acusta Road needs a hew. Got read into corn ambulance and we didn't know what we could be in the shed, metal shovels. It could be on top of all man of the things Dad runs across. We always had to get the ambulances. I'd never seen my dad move so quickly in the sixties. Luckily the guy was fine. Long story short, I end up dating the guy fell for the roof. We are now living together, been.
Speaker 5: Together two years.
Speaker 2: Yess, that is an amazing story. All right, let's get some more of these guarde injuries. Samantha, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning guys. Very similar to one of the callers before. My dad was working with some wood in the shed, was using the plane to shave off some of the wood and shaved off the end of his finger. The funniest thing about it, we got back from the hospital and my brother was charging all his mates twenty cents each to find the end of his finger in the sorder.
Speaker 2: Didn't turn up.
Speaker 7: No, well, it was.
Speaker 4: Shaved so like there was just little pieces parmesan.
Speaker 2: All right, Samantha, thank you very much. She could have a good day. No, thank you, Jody, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning. I love you so guys, thank you Jody. We're very good. And Jody, what's your story for us? And about garden?
Speaker 8: Mind's a shed injury my husband with Tom. In the middle of the shed, I picked up a bale of hay, stepped backwards, chipped over. I hate myself a new idea, and turned out that I actually ripped my calf off my bone, and I didn't go to the doctor because I'm a coutry girl. I'm pretty tough. I thought, you know, it'll come good on its own. A year later, I went to the doctor, found out that I'd actually ripped it off. I had to sleep with a pillow between my legs for about two years until it here. There was nothing they could do with it. After that.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 8: That's fine story.
Speaker 5: Country Country are just tough. You aren't just tough, aren't you?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 8: We are Another.
Speaker 5: Is so much tougher. That's ridiculous. You didn't do anything for a year.
Speaker 8: And then another time I got double barrels in the mouth by a horse and I lost three teeth, and I got up. I went inside, picked up my teeth, cleaned them, chucked them like, dipped them back in, stuck me kniles and I had a cup of tea, went to bed, and then I went to the dentist for the next day and had.
Speaker 5: Them back into your own guard. Yeah scenes this morning.
Speaker 8: Right now, it's straight as they just braced him though he was super impressed.
Speaker 2: You had a cup of tea and went to bed.
Speaker 8: I looked like Daffy Duck in the morning.
Speaker 5: We have to do a phone in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What is your I'm so tough out in the country because that Joey is going to take.
Speaker 5: Some beating.
Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 5: I could go on, Wow, Joey, you're going to send you a prize. We've got gold class double pass tickets for the cinemas. I'll send you that. That's an amazing story. Two amazing stories for me, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: And tooke care Andrea coome on him, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Andrew right, what's your garden story for us?
Speaker 7: Okay, my hobby was mowing on a really hot day, so I thought I'll take him a glass of water. Now, as usual, he left the spade on the back door step. I thought, oh, I'll jump over that like a gazelle, and the gazelle I am not. I landed awkwardly and heard my left legs snap. I think this can't be good. So tipped to the right and got that stuck and that snapped as well. Twenty minutes later, after screaming, still holding the glass of water, he heard me because our kids next door were playing outside. Get two surgeries later, seven weeks in a wheelchair.
Speaker 5: Oh you poor thing, and.
Speaker 7: The next door aber cat over and said, oh, but there's something wrong with Andrew. And we heard her screaming and John's like, no, ur, he's just lying out the back with two broken legs.
Speaker 5: Well we horror music.
Speaker 7: Now thought, oh they're having a domestic I'm thinking in all the year, is we wish? But no? So yeah, so next time you knows, he just takes his own bottle of water and I'm not going.
Speaker 2: Out say he's going to keep an eye on you the next and not looking after himselves with his own water supply.
Speaker 7: Oh look, I'm just a disaster. So last saw my Maids the Law and I kicked up some leason, got bidden by a white bell spider and UM, I'm not out out there.
Speaker 5: It's quite a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make a call after show to send someone around.
Speaker 5: Andrea, thank you very much, you're call.
Speaker 7: Have a good day.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: The amount of stories we've had to turn away actually because there were two gruesome you were taken some calls. Caitlyn comes bouncing to the studio with her high energy.
Speaker 5: Lovely energy, Oh, lovely energy.
Speaker 2: But the energy didn't match the most horrific story. She came with a great one to go to next, about a young lady fell off a ladder and landed face first on a steak.
Speaker 5: He's all right, she goes, He's fine. Now, all name is fine work. We can't have that. We can't also that energy. We can't have a bounce the energy. Hey, stay with us.
Speaker 2: You've got a great story about someone face planting a steak.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast