Speaker 1: Laura, come on hello everybody.
Speaker 2: Hi girls, t G I F t G.
Speaker 3: I f R Yay. Would we be any lamer? Probably not?
Speaker 4: What's on for the weekend, you know what?
Speaker 2: Absolutely enough that I'm going to veg out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lie and bedrot and it's going to be the best thing I've done all week.
Speaker 5: I love fed rot like not actually to do it because I have two kids, so I have never done it, but the idea of it and the term bed rock so clever.
Speaker 2: What are you doing for britt your head now.
Speaker 6: Or I'm actually going up the coast to Port mc quarry. That's where my fam is, so I'm going to see all the nieces and nephews.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 6: I didn't I miss Father's Day, so I'm going to see the parents.
Speaker 5: We did speak to your dad though, and he said, you're going up there drop your dog off?
Speaker 6: Well, yes, two birds, one stone, all right?
Speaker 2: Today I on the show, so it is little Wins. They're back. We need your little wins of the week.
Speaker 1: Something that you have had success in this week that isn't super big, like getting a new job or graduating. Something small, a little win, and if you get on the air, you get a five hundred dollars out.
Speaker 2: You just spend at chemistry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look and coming up as well.
Speaker 5: Now, if you have ever had a child break something of importance and it made you feel a little bit like, oh god, I should be watching them, or that was embarrassing, you have never experienced what this family has just gone through and their child broke something that is absolutely invaluable that you could never ever replace.
Speaker 2: Cringing already. Yeah, it's on the way the pickup. Welcome to your Friday afternoon.
Speaker 5: You know, what is one sentence that I think every single parent can relate to. It's something that every parent says on repeat, especially when you have little kids, and it's don't touch that. Don't touch that, especial when you walk into a store. If you've ever had your child break something on you, you will know when you're in a shop. It is absolutely mortifying. But there was this story that was circulating around a child who broke something that was completely irreplaceable. Now it happened in Israel the other week, But there was a kid who went into a it was like an ancient museum, you know, taking your kid through history museum, just a museum, all not all museums of history museums though with ancient artifacts.
Speaker 3: Oh right, right, yes, thanks for trying to school me, missed.
Speaker 2: I mean ancient museum makes it sound like the museum itself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree. It was a museum that had old things in it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll picture this.
Speaker 5: You're walking around with your four year old. You're looking at some I don't know, mummified mummy over there in the corner, and then all of a sudden you hear this smash. Oh I was waiting for a crash sound effects.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: Smash, and you turn around and there it is. You're darling, little four year old standing next to a giant pot that is smashed all over the floor.
Speaker 3: Now, this pot's god.
Speaker 5: Good, thanks for keeping up. Was three thousand, five hundred years old. What from BC it smashed?
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: It was an old jar that used to be used for either carrying wine or carrying olive oil. And this poor family were absolutely beside themselves because the kid all it took was a four year old. The tyranny of time couldn't do it, but a four year old could.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you stop.
Speaker 6: Four year old should be running around like a museum with three thy five hundred year old artifacts.
Speaker 5: When I first saw this, I thought that the kid had climbed into like a glass enclosure or something, because you would think of something, Well, if it's three and a half thousand years old, you think that you would try and like cord more off a little bit.
Speaker 2: Was it bolted down or was it behind glass or.
Speaker 3: No, it was just sitting in like a pot vase, and the.
Speaker 2: Little kid that's that's the museum's fault.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: The little kid wanted to look inside and see if there was anything inside there bit of wine left over.
Speaker 3: And it just toppled over. It's too top heavy.
Speaker 6: I actually know why it's not enclosed. It's because they don't. They believe it's like bad luck or bad karma to like close off these things.
Speaker 4: They need to live free.
Speaker 6: The artifacts need to have full access to the environment, so they don't. They try not to put it behind be behind glass. I've read they for the exact reason I just told.
Speaker 5: You, like expiraitual so spiritually because it's better for them.
Speaker 4: They just don't believe it should be locked away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but on Ashley's called, hey, actually did this happen?
Speaker 5: To you.
Speaker 1: Did you knock down a thirty five thousand year old pot? Are you a thirty five thousand year old pot?
Speaker 7: I'm not quite, but I did take one side of my house's gutter off by trying to jump off the roof onto a trampoline as a child with my brother. I wasn't quite brave enough to jump from standing, so I tried to jump from sitting and didn't let go and took the whole gutter.
Speaker 3: We took the whole gutter off the roof.
Speaker 4: That's pretty expensive for your parents.
Speaker 3: We've gotten so many messages.
Speaker 5: Actually they're coming through of kids things that kids have broken, and number one is TVs. The amount of children out there who have broken four thousand dollars plus TVs is yeah.
Speaker 3: Look that's a common one.
Speaker 2: Thanks for call Ashley.
Speaker 5: All right, coming up next, Mitch, you have something to answer for because we in a planning meeting for radio just moments ago.
Speaker 3: Got a little look in to the notes app on your phone, and.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I think it's enough to get your canceled and we're going to talk about it next.
Speaker 2: You want your co host to be can be canceled.
Speaker 6: But I I you have some explaining to you we wouldn't mind taking a salary.
Speaker 3: Someone to thank at the show the pickup.
Speaker 6: I reckon it's a bit of a misconception in the public around how radio is made. Like I think, if you're driving in your car, you think a couple of people get in a room and we just start talking some smack.
Speaker 5: And I understand why you might think that, but let me it sounds like exactly, let me score you for a second.
Speaker 4: We take this very seriously.
Speaker 6: Radio has full on, sit down, serious content meetings where each individual brings some ideas for the week, the hard hitting questions, the things everyone's talking about, all the things that maybe we think will incite some great conversation. So every week we bring it, we throw it around, we agree on some stuff. And I just had to ask myself today, Mitch, how have you been doing this ten years? Because you threw some things around in radio that made me wonder, what on earth is going on in your head. We're not completely sold on it, but we want to give you your time to shine. I want to give you a moment to sell these ideas to us, these conversations you want to have. We've even given it a name. It is now called Mitch Pitch.
Speaker 2: So Mitch Pitch.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's your.
Speaker 6: Time to pitch us these ideas that you have been trying so desperately to get on radio, and we keep cutting you down.
Speaker 5: No, to be fair, this feels like a very big stitch up. Actually it is a stitch up because we know the ideas you pitch them to us, and they are terrible. I think these are all content ideas that you want to discuss on the show and we have said no to.
Speaker 3: But this is what your notes app looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm holding my notes up up in front of you. I've just written these. I have these ideas throughout the day and I go, God, Britt Laura will love them. I'll talk about that on.
Speaker 5: The pickup and then we always shoot you down. You get sad in the meetings, Mitch. But this is your opportunity. Maybe there's something that might actually hit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but actually, okay, soldiers rattle off some of my I d's.
Speaker 1: Are you worried that sushi places just make far too much sushi?
Speaker 4: Is that the end?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Think about it.
Speaker 1: You walk through a sushi store and three pm comes and there's just all this left of a sushi, and I go, who's going.
Speaker 2: To eat that?
Speaker 3: No one wants discounted sushi.
Speaker 2: Mitch, Ye point, it gets thrown out, it's wasted.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that you walk past her and you worry about the environment, But I don't think people care about it as much as you do about the environment.
Speaker 1: But not surely they could just make less sush. Next, do we all just give up on the concept of out of bounds? Explain well, out of bounds works for children at primary schools. Mums in cars are listens. See it's connected to the pick up they use out of bounds for kids. You know, out of bounds don't go in that area. Kids listen to it. If we just use that concept as adults, like you know, you've got the T four transit lane and the merge and the giveaway. If you just put out of bounds on the road, adults would listen to it. They wouldn't drive into that lane.
Speaker 3: They's are the road rules.
Speaker 1: We have road rules, Yeah, but just use blanket, use the statement out of bounds. It works as kids, It would work if we were adults as well.
Speaker 5: Imagine if they start implementing things that you have as kids as adults, like no hat, no play.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'd love to be grounded and sent to my bed. They could use that for like violence, for like attack, no punch, no life.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what next?
Speaker 2: Moving on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one doesn't land. What's what? Some others?
Speaker 2: Where'd all the red backs go? I've written down?
Speaker 4: Good question.
Speaker 6: Great, you've hooked it in where are they?
Speaker 4: Because I haven't seen them in a long time?
Speaker 1: Fifteen years ago that was the biggest issue that Australia faced. John Howard campaigns kill the red backs, watch out for red backs?
Speaker 3: Did really?
Speaker 1: I'd go into any garage and my mama go you watch out for red backs. I haven't seen a red back in decades.
Speaker 4: In shoes and under the logs for the fireplace.
Speaker 2: Yes see, I told you it's something in this Where are they? Where are all the red backs?
Speaker 4: Well you've got to then look it up so you can answer the question.
Speaker 1: Oh, we can get doctor Harry on or get like a red back specialist on what's that?
Speaker 5: Other the other scientists to get on from time to time forgotten his name?
Speaker 3: Although where the red backs are?
Speaker 1: Is it chic to wear a winter coat on holiday? Yet cringe to wear a winter coat at home.
Speaker 6: Yes, I agree. I am a different person when I'm on holiday.
Speaker 2: Do you fake accents when you're overseas?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 3: It's fire and it's very racist. You shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, it's not America.
Speaker 1: I get what you mean, but I mean, like, if you're an America of British or englishpeaking, it depends where you are Pakistan and going, Hey, what a fun idea this would.
Speaker 6: You and I lean into our accents on our Scottish holiday for like the whole time we were.
Speaker 4: Talking this is good?
Speaker 2: What about this?
Speaker 1: Should we hied lifeboats on cruise ships? I think it's really off putting that they put them on the outside.
Speaker 4: I actually that's easy access to.
Speaker 1: The ambulance putting the defibrillator on the outside of the truck, Like you'd be careful, fatties.
Speaker 5: This could be you know, it's like when you have the life jackets but they're underneath the seat and the aeroplanes you don't have to look at them.
Speaker 1: Imagine yes, and that little oxygen thing drops out in case of emergency.
Speaker 2: You're on the cruise ship. It's like a FYI, we might need this.
Speaker 4: So where do you want them to be in a bunker.
Speaker 6: So when when you're drowning you can't get to them, the bunker can open up.
Speaker 2: It's mechanical, all right. What do we like Mitch's pitch here.
Speaker 4: A high hypochondriac. That's what I'm picking up a bit, all right?
Speaker 1: Five hundred to win at Chemists Warehouse with your little wins of the week. That cash's up for grabs after this on the show. It is Friday. We have to do what we do every couple of weeks. All thanks to Chemists Warehouse. We have five hundred dollars cash to spend. If you want it, you need to share with us one of your little wins of the week.
Speaker 5: Well, your little wins, I mean, as the name might describe, it's not your big wins. It's not that amazing stuff that's happened. It's the little things that go uncelebrated in the week. You know, maybe you oh god, maybe you got the last trolley when you went to the shops. Yeah, and there was no other trolleys after that, but you got it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you were okay, yeah, a good dental clean.
Speaker 3: Oh that's is that a little win?
Speaker 2: How good does it feel when you get that park out.
Speaker 5: Maybe you thought you had no more nappies left and it was the nighttime and you were like, crap, I've got no nappies, and then you found a nappy in the cupboard. No one else cares about that win, but I do. Yeah, that happened to me the other day.
Speaker 3: That was my little win.
Speaker 2: Fiona, You've had a little win of the week.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 8: I learned how to ride a bike. I'm twenty four years of age and I had never till this day ridden a bike. And my brother, older brother, taught me in the middle of our public park and everybody was laughing because I was screaming that I'm going to fall, and he's like, You're not gonna fall. Then I have my training wheels on, and yeah, now I can ride a bike.
Speaker 2: Oh my, so good.
Speaker 6: Did you get those polorful you know, those like colorful things that go on the spokes and they go up and down when you ride.
Speaker 8: And so the neon stuff.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a massive win now. And also it's scary when you're an adults trying new things.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Why did it take you so long for.
Speaker 8: I never had a bike as a kid. We grew up really really poor, and yeah, I guess you know, as I sort of went to UNI, I didn't really need a bike and didn't have any sort of outdoor recreational type of stuff, and I sort of thought, I need to learn how to ride a bike.
Speaker 4: I want to learn how to ride a bike.
Speaker 2: Ra extra riches story. She knows we've got the cash.
Speaker 1: Huh would surprise me if she's Gina Rehinhart calling up for an extra five hundred.
Speaker 2: Natalie, Hello, what's your little wind.
Speaker 4: Of the week.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: They guys. So we got my daughter a little boy bunny for her second birthday, and then we decided to get another bunny, but it was a female, so we off we went talking taking the bunny to the vet to get desexed, which is around five six hundred dollars, and then the vet called us and said, wait, you can come pick this bunny up. It's a boy.
Speaker 3: Oh that is not a weird.
Speaker 2: It's a little weird.
Speaker 3: Two boys who would have thought it?
Speaker 5: Hang That rabbit must be very unfortunate if you could felt like it looked like a girl.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the size of a rabbit.
Speaker 5: Imagine being so insignificant that everyone thought it was a girl.
Speaker 4: There is the size of your hand?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Or was like, hey, I would kiss that rabbit if anyone wanted me to, Like no one wantsh to.
Speaker 3: Was there another call?
Speaker 4: Please make an end?
Speaker 1: Hey Natalie, why don't you send me your photo or crotch that rabbit.
Speaker 2: To investigate further?
Speaker 4: Both of them, they tried to appropiate.
Speaker 2: Send it details. Actually those rabbits.
Speaker 6: I love it, Johnny, please make an end?
Speaker 4: Is there another caller?
Speaker 2: Maria? What was your little wind of the week? Maria?
Speaker 10: Hi, Well, a bit about me. I'm a curvy, voluptuous, buxom cudly woman, and every time I went to the beach, I've always basically worn mo move dresses, coral prit so, basically tablecloth. And I went, No, this is the year I'm getting bikinis. It is what it is. I went to my local Big Girl saw. I went and got a two piece bikini. I went, right, that's it, that's it for me, gorgeous. The only thing is the girls upstairs are a bit big, so I can probably tuck them into the brief and just us. It's just the bikini for the top, bikini top for next time.
Speaker 4: A bikino.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a big win. It's a win.
Speaker 10: No, I'm a size eighteen, but I love it.
Speaker 3: I don't mean your size.
Speaker 5: I mean and it's a big winning confidence admits you looked at me so bad there?
Speaker 6: Do you want to know what I reckon? We're five hundred dollars from Chemists Warehouse. You can go and get yourself some sunscreen and get yourself take your.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 10: Also, I'm going to get a tan to top it off. Thank you so much, you'll be Oh, thank you. You have lifted my big girl spirits.
Speaker 4: Than legends enjoy.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You're so welcome.
Speaker 2: Rushing the chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Safe on all your favorite beauty, haircre and skincare products shop in store.
Speaker 2: Or online today. That's us done, guys for the week.
Speaker 3: We're going home. Have a lovely weekend. Everyone. We'll stick around listen to Will and Woody or we're coming up right next. Got a rabbit to go and pick up.
Speaker 4: Stop it. I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Right I haven't had a lot of sleep this week.
Speaker 4: We got your animal friend coming in tomorrow and look her up.