Speaker 1: This is it just posted by a couple of mitches. Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adultsthood. I'd rather be.
Speaker 2: Dead than be called gunkle, that nickname for gay uncle.
Speaker 1: Just because I'm gay doesn't mean you need to change the word.
Speaker 2: Imagine if they were like God, he's put on weight. Funkles Here give uncle.
Speaker 1: No MITCHI and Mitchell koos Hello, yeah, hello, hello Mitchell.
Speaker 2: What's happening Listen?
Speaker 1: We're celebrating. Last week was my birthday. This week is the four year anniversary of Is It Just Happy?
Speaker 2: Out of the three girls? Jenna Happy out of her.
Speaker 3: Three to you first three everyone.
Speaker 1: We made it against all odds. All the press was against us. We had that shmi campaign from ke Loggs and I don't even want to hucking go into and we have made it through. On the other side, we have well and truly passed the podcast curse.
Speaker 2: You kind of ruin my surprise, by the way. I had something hidden back here that I was going to bust out as a surprise, but you kind of beat me to it.
Speaker 1: Here we go, ready, okay, yeah, happy four years?
Speaker 2: Why me? Can you grab the glasses over there?
Speaker 1: Do you want a glass, yer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not to celebrate?
Speaker 2: Of course here we can don't break down, all right, make sure you give me Mitchell Komb's poor please. Oh that was stunning. You know how the bubbles on the top of a champagne just kind of mush him over the top of the glass, but not a single drop is spilled.
Speaker 1: I'll have a respectful half glass.
Speaker 2: That's not half mate. Well, happy four years, guys, chance to four years. By the way, I think you're allowed because it's ring a bell. If you're going to be driving after a drink, you're allowed two drinks in the first hour and one every hour after that.
Speaker 1: I've never subscribed to that math, to be perfectly honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if you're going off of Mitchell Coomb's paw. Yeah it's one drink. It's actually about seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also especially if you're the size that I am. I mean, I'm atabolized alcohol very quickly. There's been a couple of times where I've been RBT and I'm like, shit, I've had a couple of drinks and they're like, you've got nothing in you, good boy being sober. I'm like, yeah, sober, I still got salt from a tequila shot on my lip.
Speaker 2: Random question? Have you ever in your life? Jenner? This doesn't apply to you. You can't drive now. Have you ever in your life had a random drug test?
Speaker 1: I have had one, really drug test, yes, and it was terrifying.
Speaker 2: Because I remember during my stony era of twenty seventeen. You know that myth. I don't know if it's true enough, but people like you have weed, it will show up on a drug test for at least the next thirty days or something.
Speaker 1: I know I heard two weeks.
Speaker 2: But I've never had a random drug test, so I'm like, is it a myth?
Speaker 1: No, I've had it. And what they do is they scrape your tongue. It looks like a COVID swab, and they scrape the top of your tongue and then it just like and then a line comes up if it's higher, if you're negative, and I was negative. But it was very scary, very scary. They had dogs.
Speaker 2: I love how you get scared even though there's no chance you were smacked off your face behind the whine.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not have I had any fatter moons. RBTs are so intimidating, you know the other day, I don't think they.
Speaker 2: Are at all. I've never had anything to worry about.
Speaker 1: No, I don't need to worry about. But police just frighten me. And they did the RBT and she was like, any drinks tonight and I said no, and she's all right, count to ten. And I counted to ten, but really quickly. She went slow down there, mate, sorry, and she went you sure you haven't had a drink? I went yeah. She went, it's registering serious and I went, I haven't had a drink, but I've just sanitized my hands. She went, let's go again. She did me again and she went, I have to ask you to pull over.
Speaker 2: And I'm oh my god, Oh my god, what home?
Speaker 1: Now? Have I been there? Someone slipped a drink into my pump bottle? And then I pull over and then we do it again and she goes, now, please, sir, I'm giving you one last chance to be honest.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Have you had a drink? And I said absolutely not. Do you know who I am? And then she did it and she said, oh, the machine was broken, you'll fine, you can go.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was terrified.
Speaker 2: So it actually was. And I thought she was just going on a bit of a power trip.
Speaker 1: Now the machine was broken. She had to call over some other constable because she was clearly fresh.
Speaker 2: Out's calling them the C word comfortable.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Well I got a family, four cops. Cops are tops a cab Well yeah that as well, apart from Becky a cab detective Becky aside my sister.
Speaker 2: All cops except Becky your baskets AC A B A A C E B E.
Speaker 1: Fuck that's confusing, and cab agin, hey, cabagin. Anyway, happy four years. God, let's take our mind back to when we first started the show.
Speaker 2: Was there any point where you thought we wouldn't make the four years?
Speaker 1: Last week was a tough week, but you know, it was my birthday, so I was stressed, So that makes sense as to why those thoughts were going through my mind.
Speaker 2: Speaking of your birthday, later on in this episode, we're going to be playing some audio from your birthday. Something happened that I will never ever fucking forgive you for.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was my fault. I know exactly what you're talking about. What happened in my bedroom is are you talking about? No?
Speaker 2: No, not that, oh oh oh no, that was welcome.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that was very well become joint that I more mean is at the steps on the steps correct God, Oh, I'm sorry. That wasn't my fault.
Speaker 2: Generous you were, but you also did nothing to defend well, it.
Speaker 1: Only benefited benefited me in that moment. All I was getting was positive praise. So, okay, we've got the audio. We'll play that coming up.
Speaker 2: And by the way, speaking of this episode, because it's our four year anniversary, we thought this week, of all weeks, we're giving you double dose of d GYM from now on. Yeah, so we're going to be doing two episodes this week and from now on. We mentioned this a few weeks back. We put a survey out to you, yep, our darling idiot, Yes, and everyone was in favor of two episodes of id GYM per week.
Speaker 1: It's in democracy, guys. If the voting, if the voting ruled that you wanted one episode, we would have done one episode, but it was overwhelming two episodes a week, So all you need to worry about is the fact that you'll get more of us every week.
Speaker 2: The whole idea was that we would make them a little bit shorter, because one episode was starting to blow out to almost two hours. We'll just see how we go with that, though knowing us, we won't be able to shut the fuck.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna have so. Yeah, congratulations on four years, guys. Cheers to us.
Speaker 2: Cheers.
Speaker 1: We're still alive. And can I actually say, I'd argue that we're the hottest and most successful, and most gorgeous with and the happiest the three of us have ever been.
Speaker 2: I would think that's fair to say. That's true.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: I completely agree, speaking of which, in answer to actually it was my question, not even yours. In answer to my question about was there any point where you thought the podcast might end and we might not make it to four years? Yeah, November December last year, I thought, cheer is gonna have to pull the pin soon?
Speaker 1: Oh you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh? I was not good.
Speaker 2: Because you were taking on an extra radio show. You're already overworked, and I thought, if something's got to give, it's going to be the podcast, and me, being the sort of person I am, i'd sort of started to road map how we'd announced the podcast ending in my head already, and then you were like, no, I will carry on.
Speaker 1: I was like, you are such a control through I love that I'm not control.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking about it. You know how you think about these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know. I know your Mitch is so good. This month of October is the busiest month I've had in like three years, and Mitch made.
Speaker 2: A for me. I called it Cheery's fucked Toba.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm heading on a national tour with my radio co host Britain Laura. Yeah, I'm opening for their live show, and I, of.
Speaker 2: All people know that going around to different fucking cities. It doesn't sound like march an hour flight to Brisbane or whatever, but it really takes it out of you. Yeah, total, And it's more overwhelming in your brain than it actually is in execution.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so I said to you, send me all your flight time, send me or your recording dates, et cetera, et cetera. And I made a calendar color coded, just because when you look at the calendar, it's less daunting when you go, oh, okay, I actually do have a few days that week. Yea, I've got time to myself.
Speaker 1: You know, I really did appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I can show you the calendar, Jenner, I did a great job.
Speaker 1: I've sound it to a couple of people, a couple boys that I'm dating. I might just want to go on a second date to might read Churi's fucked Toba.
Speaker 2: You're like, you cycle back in November cock ed, and I'm like, you're.
Speaker 1: Yellow, just so you know for color coding, because you're a twink my eyes yellow is twink. But so was the podcast is yellow. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: But I did it for the sake of our podcast. Yeah, because he's got the most fucked up month ahead in October, and so I'm putting in this calendar on all of its three days. Option one. We recalled this day option two because why would we choose now, when you're busier than ever to take on two episodes a week? For God's sake.
Speaker 1: I know we're idiots, We're actually idiots, but so we're our listeners. Are the idiots die in We should begin the show. If it's your first time listening, welcome. We start every show with then is it just me something we've noticed, hate or appreciate. So we have one each. Mitch doesn't know mine and I don't know mitches. We're going in cold.
Speaker 2: I reckon you should kick things off because what I can tell you about mine is that it does involve me having to get up out of my chair, and I'm not prepared to do that right now. I'm very comfy.
Speaker 1: Oh so you want you just you're putting it off from.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm heading to another room.
Speaker 1: Oh but I've been to every room in your house and there's been nothing interesting? Is shan?
Speaker 2: How every dare you is? You're a secret guest.
Speaker 1: I would have seen it if there was a cake or something.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. Do you want to kick off?
Speaker 1: I would have loved Okay, Champagne's going straight to my head. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you guys, but I all so you ran out of time to have lunchcause I'm having champagne on an empty stomach. This could be interesting as well.
Speaker 1: I've had a jabani, profit yoga and ak run. I'm gonna fucking carget on the Show's all you've had? Now? It a banana?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good, that's okay, Then Fair'm.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. He's my ajim? Is it just me? Are you gravely worried about the whereabouts of the year ten and year twelve formals?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? He's saying they don't happen anymore.
Speaker 1: They have disappeared off the face of the earth. The year twelve formal and the year ten farewell is what I used to have. We had a year ten farewell or a formal.
Speaker 2: Who was being farewell to year ten?
Speaker 1: Do I have it wrong? Oh, year ten formal, Year twelve farewell?
Speaker 2: Is it possible that that shit is just not on your radar anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not hidened by parks and looking at you know, seventeen year old in years and you know, shitty little tiger lily dresses. But they were the biggest thing in the world. You'd go to a local park, you'd get your pre's, you'd have your photos. Everyone'd have party buses, and the girls would have the gowns and they'd be all different colors, and the boys that have their suits from Taro cash and all the boys that line up in a row, and they'd all get their photos and the groups that'd get photos and then the parents would come down. But now, like you know, we were a bit daggy when we're in high school. We didn't have TikTok or Instagram. Now you'd think they'd be bigger than ever because these kids are tiktoking and these kids are all over social media.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you just don't see it online.
Speaker 1: I see absolutely no. And I see prom I see American prom content, Yeah, I see prom staff, but I never see any year ten and year twelve formal content. And if you're listening and you're in your twelve or you're in your ten, do you still do it? Do people still give a shit?
Speaker 2: Of course they'd give a shit. It's the biggest deal at the time.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your year ten? Did you have both ten and twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We had the JDD and the SDD. Seeing your dinner dance junior did a dance? Hn SDD. You've got to really pronounce those carefully on that one, okay.
Speaker 1: So, and then the jdd's in year ten, and what is it a dinner?
Speaker 2: It's basically just fucking party pies and sausage rolls in the school gym, to be fair, But they do actually make us do and learn a formal dance for the junior in a dance, but the senior one is just a free for all. It's basically a disco informal way. But I did take my ear ten girlfriend to the junior in a dance vett as in with a wy not just a vet.
Speaker 1: You are a dog, so that checks out. Did you kiss of it?
Speaker 2: No? God, no, I gave her a course.
Speaker 1: I was about to ask you record.
Speaker 2: It's very charming. I'll see if I can find photos. You guys, see if you can find photos from your high school formals, we'll put them in our Facebook group.
Speaker 1: I know where mine are because I was going through my old profile pictures before and there's a photo of me with a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think mine would have been my profile picture too.
Speaker 1: Jenny, you're very quiet on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never went to one.
Speaker 2: Oh why not?
Speaker 1: You were invited? Sure, you just didn't want to go.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't have Jenna.
Speaker 2: Really, wait, what high school did you go to?
Speaker 1: She was at the Salem witch trials when she was in high school, so she was quite busy. They were trying her for witchcraft.
Speaker 3: Yes, so for year eleven and twelve, right, I did correspondence?
Speaker 1: What for the bb fucking C? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's kind of cool. She invented remote learning before COVID made a call.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: What do you mean Jenna did my school work from home?
Speaker 1: Why? What was going on.
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to, and I hated school, and I kept I kept, okay, ditching school.
Speaker 2: And don't you, I hated school too. I didn't know that was an option, just to not go. I never even asked.
Speaker 1: I really thrived, I really enjoyed school. This is me at my year ten formal with Chloe and Sophie. I think I was in love with.
Speaker 3: Both of Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Look at that Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, you've actually look a lot like you do now.
Speaker 1: No, oh I do, I've thinned down. Yes, Oh, there's another one of me. Look in the park getting photos with all the locals. There's me because I got voted best personality, which is code for faggot makes lovable. Yeah. Sure, Oh my god, it's heart puff.
Speaker 2: I just found a photo of a vet night and you can tell that I'm feeling so awkward and I don't know what to do with my hands. Here go, it'd be.
Speaker 1: Such a cute, bully you, I think.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, my face looks so red. I must have been nervous. Oh look at your hair.
Speaker 1: Why am I thinner than you in that year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that was you were pudgy. That wasn't even me at my pudgiest Oh my young I will say I probably shouldn't say this, but despite the fact I'm now openly homosexual, she's got a good rack on us my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Which she's twelve sixteen.
Speaker 2: See this is why school formals aren't on our radar, because it's inappropriate for us to be friends of anyone that age.
Speaker 1: How old are they.
Speaker 2: It's not like I have because I used to have younger friends in lower years for me, but they're well and truly out of school. So if I had an eighteen or seventeen year old friend, that'd be a bit weird, wouldn't it. I think it would be like acquaintances, listeners of ours, sure, whatever, but like not a close friend where I'm like, oh my god, send me a photo from your formal that's a bit Miranda. Things of me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I think that age is I think twenty one is the youngest. You can't really have a friendship with at our age anyway. God, But that so that was me at my year ten. Year ten was a bit was normal than year twelve. I remember we went to the City Darling Harbor Circular Key and DJ Tiger Lily DJ to a year twelve event than anyone who was eighteen went out to Argyle and Cargo Bar in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they are such straight venues, such straight venues, that would have been the biggest deal for you shy folks.
Speaker 1: We're going to aile DJ Tiger Lily was there. That is the night that I had my first and I had a nosebleed.
Speaker 2: No, you're not allowed to say cigarette brands, mate, I have to keep that out.
Speaker 1: So fuck I'm an idiot and I'm like, I'm a radio.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with me? I know? Speaking of which, by the way, speaking of cigarettes, more details on Mental Cherious birthday party six.
Speaker 1: Please don't bring it up. I don't want talk about it.
Speaker 2: Listen, And you fucking judge me for vaping.
Speaker 1: I don't have any judgment. I think you look like an idiot. Listen. If you're an idiot speaking of and you are going through your year ten or year twelve, I want photos like what do you do? Do you have the events? What are you wearing? Because fashions changed, kids are fashionable these days.
Speaker 2: I don't think the young people listen to us, We're going to get their mums saying I had Nikita's former last week, so true?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: You can follow the show online, just search a couple of miches. If you don't, you're a dickhead.
Speaker 2: Now coming up in our next episode in a couple of days time, our Wednesday episode, episode one sixty four. If you're those keeping count at home.
Speaker 1: Wait, sorry, is are we going to continue? The numbering is yes, So we're not gonna do zero point five. We're not going to start saw.
Speaker 2: We're not doing fucking Harry Potter Part one and two, shit Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn part two? Fuck that? Can we?
Speaker 1: But can we do like deathly hello? Like can we have really dramatic names for me?
Speaker 2: Well? What do you want to call? Episode one sixty three Today's one half blood print fo Anyway, coming up in episode one sixty four, our Wednesday episode, our newly invented Wednesday episode for our four year anniversary, we're doing an anonymous Q and A. Yes, we've been sent a bunch of questions from our idiots. We often, I don't think we usually give the option for it to be anonymous, so this will be interesting. People get a bit brave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And no, we're not fucking that. I know that'll be the top question, have you guys?
Speaker 2: He headed, Yeah, no, we're not fucking anymore.
Speaker 1: We stopped.
Speaker 2: And also, Jenna's got another fable for us.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be as intense as last Jenna's fable?
Speaker 3: Well, it happens a year after the last fable.
Speaker 1: So interesting.
Speaker 2: Put your mic a bit closer. I'm worried about your posture. Look at her, she's leaning her neck like that. We lean in to talk.
Speaker 1: She just dropped the mic towards her vagina. Oh god, she has one ship back there.
Speaker 2: That's better. Just pop a cushion behind your back. I'm worried about your post.
Speaker 1: This is like at the oscars when that they try to touch the mic, but it's built into the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there we go that you look more comfortable. You have a.
Speaker 1: Plaster on your hand. Jenn's bandage.
Speaker 2: What's so?
Speaker 3: There was a dog in the office yesterday.
Speaker 2: Mitchell has a name.
Speaker 1: We're both on the dog Junxsta. We both called each other a dog and it's only fifteen minutes in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I got mold what you got more by a dog?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Bye? A toy poodle more teeth?
Speaker 1: How can that only happen capable of the workplace. Yeah, were you baiting it? Were you? Are you teasing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I was. I was just she just looks delicious.
Speaker 1: You are very sinewy, and it would have gone, that's a pigsy, or if ever sinewy, she's just very lean. Okay, it's a combative compliment.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: A compliment. He said you look like a petrified pigsy, and he mistook you for a retreat from pep bar.
Speaker 1: You said that I caught her a piggy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Lily was, we were having fun. She was sitting on me and then she bit you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, until now you're all bandaged up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to go to the first aid kitten the office.
Speaker 2: No one even helped you.
Speaker 1: No, that's in the kitchen. I always see it when I reheat my new foods.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I'm the only one who uses it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I took a heap of band aids.
Speaker 2: They're in my bag.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll glad. You're all right. Christ that's all coming up on Wednesday's episode.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for my Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go jump? Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Have you ever been curious to try an ice bath.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, Now that I'm in my health and fitness era, I have seen these and the benefits are really quite strong.
Speaker 2: I was looking into it the other day and I remember you telling me ages Ago, Mitch, if you make the last thirty seconds of your shower fucking I remember that freezing cold. Yeah, it's meant to be good for your anxiety or something. I still do that you still do because I remember trying it, and the first day I got five seconds, and then I was like, so that's fine, that's fine. Tomorrow I'll try and beat five seconds. I got seven. Yeah, and then I got up to thirteen, and then I thought, fuck this for a joke. I'm not doing that anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, it does work.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's for anxiety. It resets your nervous system. See.
Speaker 2: That's actually what sparked my interests about the ice bath or the plunge pull, whatever they call it. I've been getting a lot of tiktoks about the nervous system being out of whack, and I think mine must be because I've got the constant sore neck, constant sorece shoulders, and it's not even about anxiety or anything anymore, although apparently that is a benefit of the ice bath. However, I fucking hate discomfort, so I don't know the benefits would have to really outweigh that three minutes of discomfort, because they say three minutes of ice bath is what you need.
Speaker 1: These ice baths are next level. So Joel Creasy I was talking to him about this because he ice bats all the time and he puts photos up and it's like a genuine, like minus five degree freezing cold ice bath that you plunge yourself into and it like completely makes your brain shut down and focus on just not dying.
Speaker 2: Wow. Fuck that. Yeah, Jenna, can you google the benefits of ice barths? Because I can't remember off the top of my head. But basically I was looking into it the other day and I thought, you know what, maybe I should give it a go. I don't know if you need a special ice bath or if you have to go to a bloody bar or something.
Speaker 1: Can there are clinics that do it. A lot of footballers do, like the cryogenics and you go into a machine and it freezes you. But I think anything that is cold enough to reset your nervous system is fine.
Speaker 2: Well for the sake of the experiment. Today, I have a bath and I have ice. Should I give it a crack?
Speaker 1: Oh shit? Is that what you were talking about? Yeah, I've got something in another room. Yes, Oh my god. I feel like Jeffrey Darma when he invites you back and then he shows you his bath and it's full of decapitato.
Speaker 2: You're not coming into the bathroom with me. I'll take the portable micro but I don't want you to see me. Oh are you gotta be butt naked?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I bet not.
Speaker 1: What's Monday's on?
Speaker 2: I'll just I'm in my gym clothes. Now I probably should have gotten change. I'm sorry. If I stink, I'll just go in this and then I'll get changed after.
Speaker 1: How do you film it? Do you need Jennet to go in?
Speaker 2: Now? I just take that tripod with me. Okay, So you've set it up already pretty much. No wonder.
Speaker 1: I said I had to ship when I got here, and he said no. I was like, spoiler, Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Now? Does it undo the nervous system benefits if I take my champagne with.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not Jenna, you've read the benefits benefit.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it reduces inflammation and swelling. I need that, relieve sore muscles, aids exercise recovery. Yeah, pilates lowers core body temperature.
Speaker 2: Is that a good thing?
Speaker 1: Pretty hard at the moment.
Speaker 3: Supports immunity, improves mental health.
Speaker 1: Shit will stay in there for as long as you can.
Speaker 3: There's so so many, but there's some risks.
Speaker 1: What are the risks?
Speaker 2: Before you carry on? I've got a bunch of tumblers in my freezer full of water for the ice, so I'll just go pop those in the bathyll.
Speaker 1: Jenny, you read the health, the.
Speaker 3: Warnings, the risks, okay, So high blood pressure or heart disease.
Speaker 1: We can't give you a heart disease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bit dramatic.
Speaker 1: Can It's a lot? Oh, if you've got it. It's saying be wary.
Speaker 3: Your provider may recommend avoiding ice baths.
Speaker 1: What your ice provider? What your dealer at?
Speaker 3: It says your provider?
Speaker 2: A vomit bucket full of ye a cup full of eyes on, my little ramikins full of ice. I've got heaps of ice. Better to guy, dixie cup full of ice in.
Speaker 1: So many ice cube trays.
Speaker 3: Okay, So staying in an ice bath for too long can also cause hypothermia.
Speaker 2: Yes, I heard no longer than fifteen minutes, which I don't think i'll last time.
Speaker 1: Minute fifteen, I think you'll be six. I'm going to take bets now, Jenna, I think he'll last no longer than a minute.
Speaker 3: I think three minutes.
Speaker 1: Why are you boiling a jaga? You're putting hot water in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the eye is stuck to the bucket. I have to get it out somehow.
Speaker 1: Just dump the bucket in with you, put it on your crouch.
Speaker 3: Okay, so remember you should get out of the ice bath immediately if you start shivering uncontrollably or known of skin color changes.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, shivering, it's going to be a freezing cold bath.
Speaker 3: No, but uncontrollably.
Speaker 1: I just read this. Ice baths is said to have several health benefits and should be approached with caution. However, stars like Kim Kardashi and Drake and Lizzo to Samantha, a bevvy of celebrities. I'm obsessed. Who the fuck is the man? Liza?
Speaker 2: I'm going to chuck this cup of ice cubs at the bath and then start running the cold water.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, God, I'm excited for it. A bit nervous, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, do you want to hear something fucked? Yeah, because I'm smart. Earlier I thought, oh, it's going to take ages to fill the bath. To save time on the podcast, I'll like half fill it. And then I just forgot that I was filling the bath up. I left to go to bar class. Nothing, walked halfway there and I went, fuck, fuck, fuck the bath. I came here it had just started overflowing. Oh my god, I got it just in time.
Speaker 1: Its happened to me. I'm always worried about that.
Speaker 2: Thank god I remembered, right.
Speaker 1: I forgot that you had a bath. Okay, so what do you what do you want the benefits for? Is it the soreness of bar.
Speaker 2: It's the nervous system thing, and like just my constant neck pain, which the chiropractor doesn't seem to help, because I don't think it's actually got anything to do with the bones and the spine.
Speaker 1: Maybe inflammation, yes, yes, Can I tell you the best thing about doing thirty seconds of cold after a hot shower is it cools you down. And then I do my skin care straight after my shower, and sometimes I'm sweating after.
Speaker 2: A hot The skin care so.
Speaker 1: Much better because your skin is just ye soaks it in more. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to put my champagne next to the bar, so that's ready to go.
Speaker 1: So Mitch is heading into his bar that's behind us.
Speaker 2: So general, you can hear me from this mic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can perfect. Okay, can you just kind of like put the mic near the water and just prove that there's ice cubes Like.
Speaker 2: I'm about to dump this big bucket of ice in there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my god, it's in a red tupperware bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, ready, yeah, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: That was the most vile sound I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Was all right, I'm taking the ramikins in.
Speaker 1: That's so they're the size of a crembroulet Remican and they've got big chunk of cubes in. Let's hear how they Okay, shut the door.
Speaker 2: I've locked it too. I don't trust you in you're slight here.
Speaker 1: I'm not interested in seeing you in a pool, So so walkers through through it. I can hear the water running is it cold enough.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got the cold tap on and then a fuck load of ice in there, so I can only assume.
Speaker 1: It's a hot day here in Sydney too, so cold water will be cold regardless.
Speaker 2: Well I can't even handle cold water in a shower, so no matter how cold it is or isn't, it's still too cold for me.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Isabella's out here terrified. She hits the popping and she thinks her dad is out here being her mother.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Sorry? All right, Mitchell walkers through. What you're about to do your first ice bath?
Speaker 2: Well it's not that deep, so do I like wait for it to fill up a bit further or do I just get in as it is?
Speaker 1: Get in as it is because it'll be colder, but colder it is now with less water, it'll be cooler.
Speaker 2: God, fuck my life.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine, Mitchell, you'll be fine. Hold on, I'm going to get my stop watch out because I want you to tell me when you're in.
Speaker 2: I think I should aim for three minutes, because I saw online when I was doing my research that you don't get any further benefits if you stay beyond three minutes, Like if you do three minutes or fifteen, it's no different.
Speaker 1: Interesting three minutes, it's a long time, Mitchell. That's a one song. All right, my stop watch is out. Tell us where you're at.
Speaker 3: I haven't forgot my feet in.
Speaker 2: I'm all right.
Speaker 1: We'll start with the feet.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm gonna dip my feet in.
Speaker 1: Okay, feelings? How it feels?
Speaker 3: Fuck? That?
Speaker 1: Is it really cold?
Speaker 3: Kidding me?
Speaker 2: You expect me to sit down in that?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mitchell, forgive your nervous sister the inflammation.
Speaker 2: It's ironic that I'm trying to heal my nervous system, but right now I can't feel anything but nervous.
Speaker 1: You know what this tells you? Just how fuck your mental health is that bad? On your feet alone?
Speaker 2: And the feet apparently don't feel the cold as much as the rest of your body. You know how you dip your toes in a pool and you're like, oh, it's fine, and then you dive in and go Actually, I can feel that in my armpi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when you get to the soft bits under the knees and the elbows. Oh god, I'm be about to give the neck as well. Where all the organs are? Okay, all right, so what's in now? Just little foot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, still feet, and I've sawt I'm in a squat position, preparing to sit down, but I just can't do it.
Speaker 1: Not a mental image. We put that GoPro on the base of the bar. Get that shut, all right, Come on, no wasting time dip squatting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's time.
Speaker 1: Do I start the timer? Yes, okay, I've started? Okay, how does it feel?
Speaker 2: I mean, didn't they say that it's supposed to a stract?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: You can't think of anything else. I can't think of anything else.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ice cubes? I can hear them moving around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're icebergs, mate, they're huge.
Speaker 1: Hours. How cold is it? How do you feel?
Speaker 2: I mean, I can only imagine that an actual ice puol would be colder than this. But this is more than coldenough.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds thirty seconds? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, are you fully submerged?
Speaker 2: It's like up to my belly button. My barth's not that deep and I don't want to lie down in it?
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, why don't you lie down a little bit? Get smoky back damp?
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't bring a hair tie.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get my hair with fifty seconds.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, my tit's are freezing.
Speaker 1: Oh my teeth, my tits are freezing. Are you all right?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: The lower half of my body has gotten completely used to it.
Speaker 3: Oh, there we go.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: So what's it going to take another thirty seconds for my tits to get used to it?
Speaker 1: Now you're a minute fifteen in. This is very impressive. How are your bits? Your bits downstairs?
Speaker 2: I don't have bits anymore.
Speaker 1: They're gone.
Speaker 2: I got clip bite, they're gone.
Speaker 1: Oh so you've turned the tap off?
Speaker 2: I here, Yeah, because otherwise it'll start over flumbing again.
Speaker 1: We don't want that, Mitchell. You're doing a minute thirty that's really impressive. Now, just why don't you close your close your eyes and how do you How does your nervous system feel?
Speaker 2: I mean distracted? To be fair, Oh I kind of. I got sore shoulders. I should get in a bit deeper so much solders can get in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you lie down? Oh my oh god? What just happened?
Speaker 2: Joking?
Speaker 1: That's freezy? What?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Actually you actually sound quite calm. This is the most calm I've ever been talking.
Speaker 2: To it weirdly works.
Speaker 1: Really, why don't I come in there and we do a little tag team bath.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you even after four years doing the podcast together, we're close enough to share bath water. You're gross.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's the fucking jan speaking. Two minutes, thirty seconds, thirty seconds more and Mitchell has hit his gone three minutes.
Speaker 2: You know what. The hardest part actually is just the first plunge, and then once you're in there, you're like, I don't regret it. It's a bit like going to the It's.
Speaker 1: Like anal sex. Yeah. We both had very different comparisons there. They both work, Angel work you. You just got to let it in. As you know, Jenny, it's what you said to me the first time. Just just just let it stretch out.
Speaker 2: Ten seconds. Wow, Actually done.
Speaker 1: It, Mitchell. You're at two minutes fifty five wo.
Speaker 2: All three two one.
Speaker 1: Three minutes. Mitchell, your depression is cured.
Speaker 3: The inflammation is gone.
Speaker 2: Oh do I have to get out?
Speaker 1: Well? Actually, the new format of the show brings us to the end. We're done, So Mitchell, if we want to get out of here, you can do the closure of the show from the bath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of just got comfortable.
Speaker 1: So all right, yeah, well you let's wrap the show and you stay from the bath. Are you happy? Do you actually feel benefits or are you being silly?
Speaker 2: I'm never silly name one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah is never silly.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is your silly goose. This is so silly of you.
Speaker 2: And the mental health benefits, wow, they're right.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm starting to shiver uncontrollably. I've got to get out.
Speaker 3: Yep, you're gonna get now.
Speaker 2: I've got to deal with the admin of being wet fully clothed.
Speaker 1: I haven't thought this through in the air cons on. It's going to feel like after a holiday when you get out of the pool day and you go to the room it's freezing.
Speaker 2: And after a pool day and you go back to the hotel room, you just feel like a nap.
Speaker 1: It's all you want. God, We're done, all right, all right, Well, let's end to the show and then we'll get We'll get mitchell a a hot blanket and an aspirin and thank you for listening to the show. Five stars. Give us a review, guys, and don't forget this is only one episode of our new two episode weekly drops.
Speaker 2: Hang On, Hang On, cherry. Do you want to hear this? That was my pants? Oh my, I'm no pantless. Aye.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know that sounds not with that damp and heavy. They sounded soiled.
Speaker 2: Not until after you're done with them.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, we'll see you next. Oh no, we'll see you on Wednesday. Brand new episode of the show Wednesday five star review on Spotify, Apple, Apple Podcasts wherever you listen. Mitch is going to go blow dry himself and we'll see you on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Catch, love you fine?
Speaker 1: Happy four years Is It Just Me?
Speaker 3: Podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief. It's out secret second in the end, I'm still in the bath.
Speaker 1: He's still there.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: Can you guys chat for a bit. I've got to put my microphone down to take my clothes off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get dressed, General and I can. We can stay occupied here.
Speaker 3: We can chat.
Speaker 2: By the way, if either of you guys want to try it, I won't judge you for sharing bath water.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, once you get out, I'm going to go and dip my toe in. You. I love a bath, I really love a b We've got one of those at home because I'm with Mum and dad at the moment. It's a shower bath, so if you want to shower, yeah, you've got to step in over the bath. It's demoralized.
Speaker 2: That's what mine is. Sometimes I forget it's a shower bath. They'll be halfway through a shower and go I might just sit down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The best thing about those ones is that once you have a bath, you just stand right up and shower.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Fuck, if you ever had a really hot bath, stood up and then gone, oh my heart's about to stop. Yes, like the blood doesn't know they have it's fun. I'm here here alone. This is the end of me. You get their head us. Yes, that's so bad. Well, I think, Jennet, you're into holistic health. You have you ever thought about an ice bath? No?
Speaker 3: I have, actually, because I recently bought one of those sauna blankets.
Speaker 1: A heated blanket.
Speaker 2: What's a sauna blanket?
Speaker 3: It's actually a sawn up in a blanket.
Speaker 1: Jenny, you said the same thing seventeen times.
Speaker 2: It's like when someone says, what's a rocket and Jenna goes a rocket? You have to explain it.
Speaker 3: You can't words. It's it's a.
Speaker 1: Saunt a blanket, Okay, I'm googling. Yes, Oh is it the one that Oh my god, is it like the one made out of wetsuit material? Yeah, oh my god. And you wrap yourself in it like a little burrito.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do it every day and I sweat so bad.
Speaker 1: Does yours look like that?
Speaker 3: No, mine's flash Jesus.
Speaker 1: It looks like one of those reflective our foil blankets that they give tourists at Bondi Beach when they drown and they live and they go quickly wear this tinfoil.
Speaker 3: It's the same.
Speaker 1: Oh, well'm glad. I hope there's health Benefit's fine?
Speaker 3: There is. Apparently you lose like six hundred calories per.
Speaker 1: You're kidding, well, they say that during sex you lose around five hundred calories. Maybe that's where all my weight's gone. Kidding, it's been barren recently.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm coming back, Mitch is coming out, Mum's coming. I locked it.
Speaker 1: That's right, he locked the door. We're not going to perve on you. I really don't have any interest.
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I'm very comfortable this.
Speaker 2: Jans is going down a tree it's not even Jans, it's the arra burned kid.
Speaker 3: Oh you look lovely in your game.
Speaker 1: Oh look, Gord, you look at his little patrs. Yes, he's in a beautiful tropical You.
Speaker 2: Literally said I don't have any interest, I'm not going to purve and you look at his pagrs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really FOI flop. Take a seat. All right, now you go in and you sit down. I'm going to go in. I'm gonna put my toe in.
Speaker 2: Just your toe? What is my toe?
Speaker 1: My shoes are ones?
Speaker 2: Are on? Are you going to dip your toe?
Speaker 1: Give me that mic? You go all right, I've got the portable mic now. Oh, I'll just roll my uncle on the chance cork.
Speaker 2: It's not Jants. Sorry, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm looking at a bath with three remicking dishes at the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't have time to frost though.
Speaker 1: Martha Stuart's kitchen after a big night. That's the ugliest bath plug I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: My apartment didn't come with one, so I had to get a universal plug on Amazon.
Speaker 3: Oh it didn't come with my No, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to dip my foot in.
Speaker 2: Go on, you're ready. Yeah, oh oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is soothing on my ingrown toenails. Oh, puss, come out though ingrown toenail Mitchell, I'm a pro. This does nothing for me. I'm coming out.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you're a pro?
Speaker 4: Pro?
Speaker 1: I cold? I have thirty seconds of cold every morning. I did. I didn't mind that at all. I reckon, I could, I could do that.
Speaker 2: You just wanted a foot bath, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did so.
Speaker 2: I know that you do the shower thing, but like, do you ever do the full body submersion into the cold water.
Speaker 1: No? But I went to the beach on my own the day after my birthday. I woke up late. I was very hungover and I haven't really been drinking much, so this was the most I'd drunk in a while. And I'm like, I'm going to walk to the beach and have a beach day. And I plunged myself into the ocean and it like completely reset my whole body.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm feeling that now. Oh yeah, the reset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it almost works the longer you sit out, because you kind of feel everything adjusting, like it reacclimatized to the room temperature.
Speaker 2: It was horrible, make no mistake, and if it had been me on my own I probably wouldn't have done it. I would have gone fuck this, But because I had the pressure of the podcast, I had to do it. But now I don't regret it, so maybe I'll do it more often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon you should go to an actual clinic though, because it would be colder and you'd do it for like I'll.
Speaker 2: Work my way up to that breaking news. By the way, Yeah, no, my new glass is never turned up. I've kept you across the saga. However, I did just bite the bullet and buy a replacement pair.
Speaker 3: Oh well, exact.
Speaker 1: Same ohe oh, the same design. Yes, And weren't they like five hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're like eight hundred in total set for the frames and then three ound of for the lenses.
Speaker 1: Did they not think that you were an idiot coming back two weeks after original.
Speaker 2: Not even two weeks? Oh pardon me that Machinampaigne.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They were quite lovely about it, I sort of. They said what happened? What where did you lose them? And I told them the abridged version of the story, the whole drink fighting thing, And I think because the guy behind the cannon was a bit of a gay himself, he felt a bit bad. So he gave me like a thirty percent discount.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really sweet.
Speaker 2: So it still wasn't super cheap, but like definitely less out of pocket than I could have been. Anyway, Do you want to see them?
Speaker 1: Oh? Shit, you've got them.
Speaker 2: I don't want to overhype them because so you know how you said that the last ones, the understudy pair, were a bit boring.
Speaker 1: They were. Sorry, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to overhype how drastically different these ones are. They're pretty much the same.
Speaker 1: I've seen a photo of them. We saw the original photo on the rooftop.
Speaker 2: Photos don't do it justice, That's all I'm going to say. So look away, look away, I'll put them on.
Speaker 1: Okay, glasses reveal.
Speaker 2: Glasses are on.
Speaker 1: Oh i'll hold on the side.
Speaker 2: You can see the little see now the blue streaks through it. Yeah, so, like you know how old ladies have the tortoise shell of the brown and the black glasses sort of that pattern. It's the same, but it's black and blue.
Speaker 1: Instead, take them off past them down the trau. I need to see these it's like you've got inlay. Oh they're blue. They're actually blue when the light hits them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Want to be a bird when you out of the park, I'll meet sure.
Speaker 3: They're really nice, told you very very nice.
Speaker 1: These are gorgeous, and you know what the old pair are going to show up.
Speaker 2: I know, knowing my fucking lucks now that I've bought a placement pair, let me try them. Don't break them.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to break them. My head's fuck.
Speaker 2: They sit you too, Look at that.
Speaker 1: They're really nice.
Speaker 2: These make your eyes look smaller.
Speaker 1: Really, isn't that interesting? Maybe it's all the bowtox I got yesterday. Have I spoken about my botox on the show before?
Speaker 2: No, you've just roasted me from my bowtop. Oh double standards.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, double standards. It's seriously a memory thing. Well, they look gorgeous. Mitchell'll post it lovely, very nic You just need.
Speaker 2: To show your current POV me in a gown with a te Jen to take a photo of.
Speaker 1: Mitchell will put it on the on the on the Facebook page and during idiots. Yeah, so I got botox for the first time after the breakup and I'd never had it before. I was so happy with it. It was such a small amount that I went back yesterday. Anyway, I get to this place, Shape Clinic in Darlinghurst, if you want to go in Sydney. They're amazing.
Speaker 2: I paid there, you go, he didn't pay for it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I pay for all. I pay for all my botox. Give them a show penis enlargement because I'll send it to them.
Speaker 2: Have I fucking shouted at my OPTOMETRYNT? No?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 1: True? True, I don't know you. Word of mouth. The economy is Ralph small businesses. Actually, no, they make it a lot of money. Anyway, So I walk into Shape Clinic and I walk in, I go fuck. I can smell cookies and there's a sign on the wall and it's got the Donna Hay logo on it and it says for Donna Hay Cookie Orders and Pickups Level three and my skincare clinic is a little five. And I go, shit, I'm going to go, and I'm gonna go and get some cookies from the Donna Hay restaurant. Sure, and then I'm late for my appointments. I go, I'll go after so I go get my botox. I walk out by the way, look in the mirror, covered in botox marks in my foreky.
Speaker 2: You know, it looks like you've been stung by a million bees.
Speaker 1: So I go down to level three. There's a sign on the wall, go and see the Donna Hay restaurant. So I go in. Anyway, it seemed like this industrial area. So I walk in. There's the Donna Hay logos on these two frosted windows. And I open these doors, and you know me like I'll walk into a building and I'm very excited. I walk in, I go hello, and I pull these doors open, and who's sitting there at a desk? But none other than Donna Hay herself.
Speaker 2: Really, she's got her own store front.
Speaker 1: She's got no no, no. It was a corporate office. It was frosted doors, So I just assumed there was gonna be a bakery in there. And I opened the doors and there are nothing but twelve desks, seventeen staff standing working on the Donna Hay mag four gay interns. There's a test kitchen like it was bon appetite. People were whisking eggs. And I walk in, go hella, Donna Hay looks up and everyone stops, like the puff making, the egg stops, whiskey, what do you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The girl typing stops typing, looks me in the eyes. Donahey just stops what she's doing, and she goes, can I help you? And I said, I'm here to buy cookies, and she goes, what the fuck do you mean? And I go, I'm here to buy cookies. And she goes, this is our corporate office.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, but there's sign saying you can buy cookies and on uber eats.
Speaker 2: She's like, we operate only on uber eats, and what did the sign say.
Speaker 1: The sign did say on uber eats, order on Uber eats and your pickup is upstairs. It was for the Uber eats dry so it's not open to the public. It's clearly they sell them out of the kitchen.
Speaker 2: That's soun embarrassing exclusively.
Speaker 1: On uber eats. There's no store front. But Donna Haye herself celebrate a big fan Donna.
Speaker 2: She went, thanks, hun, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then I went, oh, so can I order cookies? She and I guess, I guess you can order them if you want, I'll give you my email. So I've got Donahey's.
Speaker 2: Officially god end the email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got it. Yeah, should I send one now? Ask for free cookies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and send her this audio?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually i'll cut the bit out where you said that she was a huge cow. Well, now I want them? Can we order them on Uber eat? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can. Actually you're a Darlinghurst to your area?
Speaker 2: Let me see is it in Darlinghurst? Yeah? Oh that's fine.
Speaker 1: Let me check. Let me fine, you can only order them on Uber eats. It's what she said.
Speaker 2: She's like, did you read that cook Yeah? Mate, I haven't had lunch and I've had two champagnes, Like I need something to line my gunt seriously.
Speaker 1: As do I donnahy?
Speaker 2: Now you order that? Can we multitask? Sorry, let's just talk about Mitchell Cherry's birthday party. So I've been saying to Mitch for years, this house is sick for a house party. Why haven't you done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because I'm back with my parents and he goes.
Speaker 2: Because I'm just worried that no one will turn up. I'm anxious. The shire is so far, which is valid. I did catch the train there and I thought this is nothing I can I drive seven hours home to Bogangate. I can handle a forty minute train ride. Yes, to the Shire twenty minutes in. I thought, how does anyone do this?
Speaker 3: I also caught the train and I thought, when is this going to end?
Speaker 1: How do you think I feel every fucking day?
Speaker 2: Do you know that? I literally offered Jenna. I said, why don't we meet beforehand and then we can catch the train together because it'll be really fucking boring if you go by yourself. No, that offer. Do you regret not coming with us? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: It was boring? Right, It was so boring and it went forever, even with company. I was bored as fuck.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, isn't it That I.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't expect it to be that long?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I've caught longer trains. That just there's something about that route that felt boring.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I've caught the train to Dubbo. Yes, felt quicker.
Speaker 2: Than Oh, it's a scenic group by the sea anyway, So we get to the place worth it because it's sick for a house party. As I've said, it's.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous, beautiful.
Speaker 2: And then as I enter Mitchell Cherry's father Mark. It was like game thing.
Speaker 1: He loves you have a tequila shop.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, okay, Mark, thank you, yep, lick myhan, I've got the salts, and then do the shot, the line, the whole shit, of course, and then he goes, have another one. Mate. I was like, Mark, I'll go feral. I don't think you understand what tequila does to me. Give him my track record. I don't think that's for the best. And he goes, I'll go while and he loves it. Meanwhile he's prying Sean with tequila shot and then he offers me a third and I thought, Mark, no, you don't want that, trust me. And then the rest of the night he kept offering me shots. He was like going for it, and because he runs an alcohol company, was bringing me out samples of different things they're releasing.
Speaker 1: He texts me today and said, can I get Coombs's home address? I've got a pr gift for it.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking it with good shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah makes a good drop, mister churry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so yeah, your father got me well and truly tipsy. And then came time to do the cake.
Speaker 1: Yes, can I just set context? My parents love a party. That's half the reason I said let's do it at home, because in my eyes, it's my last Shire House party while I live at home and mom and dad love, love love. My parents were there the whole night, socializing with right.
Speaker 2: But even when you didn't live at home and you had the bloody housewarming at my old house, yeah, your parents were there. Bloody. Michelle was making fourteen lasagne in the kitchen the whole time. She can't help herself, she was. It doesn't matter while she lives with you or not. She loves caterine, she does, and she fucking did an awesome job.
Speaker 1: By the way, sliders were exceptional.
Speaker 2: They were Michelle. If you're listening, which I know you're not, it doesn't matter, shout out to Michelle. You'll get free food next time. And so it came time to do the birthday cake and all that. Yes, yes, correct, the apple didn't fall half in the tree because your parents waffled on It was lovely. It was only a twenty eighth, for fuck's sake. It was like you were dying, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and wasn't a traumatic. Mum gets up and goes Mitch's. Everyone who knows Mitch's known he's had a real rough six months. Yes, Oh fucking here we got move on.
Speaker 2: He lost the love of his shut up.
Speaker 1: Mum made a speech, Dad made a speech. Becky, my older sister, made a speech.
Speaker 2: And then Brittany Hockley, your co host, made us free the pick up on kiss.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I thought.
Speaker 2: To myself, that's interesting that they asked her but not me.
Speaker 1: Oh, they've asked.
Speaker 2: One co host not the other to make a speech. But then I thought, actually, she can have it. I don't want to make a speech. And then and then I saw Mark and Michelle conspiring. I could see them whispering to each other and then looking directly at me, whispering to each other again. I was like, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck fuck. I can just imagine the conversation. Oh, we better get coombsire to make a speech. And I thought, fuck me if they asked me to make a speech, because Mark's pribed me with so much alcohol. Yeah, I can't be coherent tied now.
Speaker 1: And Mitch was kind of buried in the middle of the group. There was about forty people there. You're in the middle of the group towards the back, and me and my family were standing on the tiered steps, so we were above everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I literally felt like I was getting on stage doing a stand up shut. Yes, I was like, fuck, what am I doing? Yeah, And so I was called up for a speech. And then they must have seen that I was thinking I can't do this, because they were like, Jenna, you get up too, You get up to Jenna. So both Jenna and I were forced to make an impromptuy speech at Mitch's twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Of all birthday Listen. It was filmed and I have the audio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. I don't want to hear this because I couldn't think of anything on the spot. And also I would like to add that by this point i'd read the room. Everyone was fucking sick of speech and the cherries going on and on, and there was cake there ready to go, and so I thought I'll keep it short and sweet. But also genuinely I couldn't think of anything to say on the spot. It was so much pressure.
Speaker 1: Well, poor Carla from Bankstown was holding the cake and Ben's arms are about to snap off holding it for half an hour. All right, So this is Mitch and Jenna's moment at my birthday. Let's roll. Take a listen.
Speaker 4: I'm the cash cock and I was like, whoo was five years ago or something? Ever since then, our friendship has blossomed, and I love you very much.
Speaker 2: I actually don't think I can listen. My nervous system is back to where it was. I was not prepared for this, sudhole. It's interesting that you were premierture. Were because you're fucking late ever since? Right? Yeah, that's because your mum was just talking about your premiature birth. Yeah better. I mean everyone here could obviously not argue with the fact that you're fiercely loyal. You've got a huge heart. At this point, I'm being interrupted. You are also, I will say that I have been telling you since around twenty eighteen. Fuck me, this house is perfect for a house party.
Speaker 1: I haven't you.
Speaker 2: Took my advice anyway? That cake looks heavy. I'll wrap this. Do you know what? It wasn't as bad as I remember.
Speaker 1: That was great. Yeah, you did very well.
Speaker 2: I did last longer than Jenna.
Speaker 1: Jal So that grabbed you to play this.
Speaker 2: Obviously, someone started filming after Jenna started talking, but you didn't miss.
Speaker 3: Do you know before that I'd spoken for about three minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, got up there she went. I remember when I first met Minch and that's about where they were.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Jenner actually did a full performance song and dance.
Speaker 2: Yes, mine, I did.
Speaker 1: She was stuck in that box all night. I really enjoyed the party. Thank you for coming, guys.
Speaker 2: I wasn't finished, by the way. And then after the speech of fuck one thing obviously led to the other. And the next minute I see Mitchell Cherry smacking a dirry down his face.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, no, we got to end the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, all the judgment about my priy of vaping habit, how dare you? But you didn't get an OAEs bleed.
Speaker 1: To your credit, I didn't get a nose bleed. No. Well, I think I'm healthy now, so my body's like, yeah, we can have a bit of nicotine, where before it was the last straw.
Speaker 2: Irony of that.
Speaker 1: I don't enough to ruin our hell. I went on a nine k run the day of my birthday. I could have fought half a package.
Speaker 2: Now it comes back to running, doesn't it. It does.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a runner out. Well, you know what happened it's because we were all like, we need alcohol, and because I have my house or packed up in boxes. There's one box that just had alcohol on it because I raided all the alcohol from my old house and then we were needed Vodkros something. So I rip open this box in the garage and on top of it are like packs of cigarettes that I imported from Hawaii when I went, but I just had packed them up, and I was like, I actually did.
Speaker 2: Notice the lack of playing packaging. I was like, how long has Mark Cherry been holding me from the eighties?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I brought them back from America in July.
Speaker 2: Do I have permission to post the photo in our Facebook group? Because it is so funny. Anyone who's familiar with you know, Kath and Kim's work, you'd remember the linen caramel skits. I said, love, I said, pet Magnezabanski with the Darry It was very that energy. Can I post that in the group.
Speaker 1: Not on social media? On the groups? Fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, And everyone listening right now, you darling idiots, you loyal idiots. You have to promise not to post it anywhere? Yeah, please don't, because I'm going to share Mitchell Cherry having a fag that.
Speaker 1: Could end my career.
Speaker 2: But also, it's not in your mouth in the photo. You could argue later, I was disposing.
Speaker 1: Oh just how I was auditioning for elvis biopic and it was her fat.
Speaker 2: Elvis and that's why you got the hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course the hair. Yeah yeah, yeah, Well you also posted did you get my consent because I was drunk to post the video of me drinking a beer from a dildo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And your exact words were, yeah, fuck it, I look good.
Speaker 3: It's true. You did say that.
Speaker 1: That's true. I did got good to my jawel line. It looks on that little cock was great.
Speaker 2: And honestly, this party really suited me because by the looks of all the photos and stuff we're going to share with you and already have shared with you, it looks like a wild night. But I was home by eleven. It was fucking perfect. I love it. I love a late afternoon start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it started at five, so yeah, pearlst day drinking and then by the time I got to ten had already been going for five hours. I was in bed by one that was great.
Speaker 2: Poor all right, hey missed the memo because he turned up at ten thirty as everyone was leaving.
Speaker 1: Now, and I give him so much props because he still parted and still thought a gift and came late and was really.
Speaker 2: Well and gave me a lift time legend we love.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well we have another episode on Wednesday, so let's go. Yeah, we can't blow out load here, no God, thank you for listening to the show. I hope you enjoy the new two shows a week format. You're gonna get us in two days.
Speaker 2: We hope this podcast made you feel at least one point five percent better.
Speaker 1: Though locket so weet.
Speaker 2: Our weekly days is three percent.
Speaker 1: To six of course. Yeah, all right, we'll see you on Wednesday. Everyone, catch you soon.
Speaker 2: Bye Bob.
Speaker 1: So yeah, fue is it just me?
Speaker 3: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.