Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast, so Else this morning. What is the song that reminds you of your first ever relationship? Breakup? Jack Post? What is it for you?
Speaker 2: When I break up with my first long term girlfriend? I was in the peak of my emo stage in the mid two thousands, which was the popular craze the teenagers in the mid two thousand.
Speaker 1: Describe first of all, the email look for the young Jack.
Speaker 2: I didn't go full emo, so the full emo was black hair with the fringe swiped over the face. I tried black hair for Were you halfemo?
Speaker 3: I was half. I was only half femoe, bottom half female.
Speaker 1: You were just bottom half female?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I had the type black jeans, very extremely tight jeans.
Speaker 1: And that was your commitment to the emo look. Hey guys, I'm like you, look at these jewels. I've made a bit of an effort. Well, bletch a nod to emo.
Speaker 2: You can't do curly hair, and like, there's no goth look for curly hair. And so even though I tried black hair for a little bit, it didn't really look a struggle.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it was like Hamilton in the musicals, just rewrite itself.
Speaker 2: My chemical Romance. This song is a big emo song.
Speaker 3: And in and five heavy rotation, heavy rotation after a break song.
Speaker 2: This was it's not really about a breakout, but now there's a lot of emotion in it.
Speaker 1: In the bedroom yep, curtain's drawn.
Speaker 2: Curtains drawn, CD player up as loud as I can go, which isn't very loud because there's a piece of crap.
Speaker 3: Bass boost on, which was a little function.
Speaker 1: All right. The song for me is this first relationship breakup. And I played this no word of a lie. It would have been like listening to Nova every hour. This came round on heavy rotations. I was like, you're singing to me Robert, you know, Robert Smith of the Cure. My dad hate this song. Anyway, it would just yet upstairs, my turn this crap off. It's not helping, open the curtains. They would come in random me, like an intervention, and just open the curtains and go, there's a beautiful world out there, son, get out there. Then I would just the money's gone. I'd slam the door behind him and turn this crap off. Son, so helping.
Speaker 2: I think we had the same experience fifteen or twenty years apart, because the cure was the emo placedies.
Speaker 1: I hope young kids are still getting over breakups by listening to this. It's a great song, right look, Christian Connell Show podcast. What's the song that reminds you of your first ever breakup? They stay with us? Christian, my first breakup song? Sure, if I could turn back time? I love going through so looking at the song, thinking, yeah, I get that. You can imagine that makes sense, doesn't it? Just to keep playing that. If only I could turn back time. Some of the ones that are coming in Donna China in your Hand by to Paw, my best friend at the Community Center disco. Jane took me in to lose, shook me and said get over it. I did, preach, sister.
Speaker 3: What a song?
Speaker 1: Obligators?
Speaker 4: Carbo of that?
Speaker 1: What about this one? For Natalie? Came on the car radio as my seventeen year old now ex boyfriend was driving me home after dumping me.
Speaker 3: That is that's a frosty ride home.
Speaker 1: A live soundtrack to it all that's awkward. Hello, come guy, I drop you off. A brutal Ben played this song by Guns and Roses. Christian. I think it was more for dramatic effect than actual heartbreaks. All about the drama. Then guns and roses, patience, great song. I can imagine this scene in the meadroom, can't you. All right, let's go to lines No. Four one, one oh four three. Good morning, Jane Monings.
Speaker 5: Morning team, hichat Hey glad that your your love God is feeling much better.
Speaker 3: I thank you, Jane.
Speaker 1: He's going to be even more love than normal. Force have superhuman loving powers.
Speaker 5: He deserves it.
Speaker 1: Jane.
Speaker 5: Yes, my breaks up breakup song Christian was by an American band called Winger in the eighties and it was called miles Away, very sad song, very powerful ballad.
Speaker 1: Oh never heard this, but I will be listening to this today. I know a power ball it and you are miles away. They're going to be miles away from my heart. Yeah, I get it, Jane. That's great, Jane, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 5: Have a good week mate, No you two by now.
Speaker 1: David have a question?
Speaker 6: Now are you yeah?
Speaker 1: Good day? Do you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 6: Beautiful weekend?
Speaker 1: Lovely? All right, we'll the song that minds you your first break up, Dave.
Speaker 6: My song was what were what Went Wrong? By Blink point eight two and it's been a teenager back in the day was a sort of it was related towards everything that I did. So yes, I have a favorite favorite restaurant, a favorite movie, your favorite video. And you hated the Master Wolds because it reminded so much of that true.
Speaker 1: Great like you don't want to go back to those restaurants. You can't you can't ever enjoy that. Your movie again, that's it.
Speaker 6: A timeishes it and it's like, I don't want to go back. There's like, yeah, so that's one of that's my song.
Speaker 1: I love that. It's right, you're not just breaking up with the person. It's all those things that used to do together were your things. I always want to make a playlist the break up misery players of this. That's a great one, David Well said, thanks you, car it's only one of our lidlas Steins for that.
Speaker 6: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Cheers buddy, Linda.
Speaker 4: Linda, Hello Linda, Good morning guys. I was so used to being the dumper in my younger days that the first time I was ever dumped, the song crushed me. It was nothing compares to you. Shanaid O'Connor.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is such a beautiful song.
Speaker 4: Yes, I cried many many hours to the song. I didn't want to leave the house. I was crushed.
Speaker 1: It does, doesn't it. Yeah, it's incredible, Linda, thank you very much. You call Christian Connell Show podcast