Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, Happy Monday.
Speaker 4: Is it a primes You made it here today, Laura, You've had quite the morning.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I can call it happy just yet. So I broke down today and I held up all all the traffic. I didn't I didn't have an emotional breakdown, although I felt like I was going to. I broke down on the freeway at the entrance of the Eastern Distributor, which if you're not from city and you don't know that, it's basically like it is such a pivotal part of.
Speaker 3: The road to break down on. It's right where it goes to eighty.
Speaker 4: And I just sat there in my car and a little flashing light came on saying that the temperature gauge was broken, and then all of a sudden the accelerator stopped working and we just sat there.
Speaker 3: You do look hot today.
Speaker 6: Maybe it was like overload, Laura's on fire.
Speaker 2: I think it was more an engine thing.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm pretty sure I appreciate the compliment. I think it had nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 2: Did you got to call Maddie ja your husband straight away?
Speaker 4: Or no? I called the roadside Assistance, which very conveniently, I also got bogged on Saturday, so I had just signed back up and I was like, Hi, it's me again. I'm really getting bang for my buck here. Can you please come and tobe me out of the So you called two days in, but you didn't have roadside assist as of the weekend.
Speaker 5: No, But now I break it down. Yeah, I'm like, I'm walking and they're walking ambassador Now. Honestly, if I don't get a promo or an AD out of this or some sort of payment, I'm going to come for it.
Speaker 3: Pitch yourself for a job.
Speaker 4: Already.
Speaker 2: She's like a breakdown. If anyone wants to home, and I think of Laura, I think the face of a mechanic agency.
Speaker 3: N rm A right here, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Let's see you made it to the show, which is good. Here we're talking about Baby Reindeer today on the show, I mean everyone is obsessed with that Netflix seriesly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not just Baby Reindeer, but Piers Morgan in.
Speaker 3: The UK did an interview with the.
Speaker 4: Real life quote unquote alleged stalker from Baby Reindeer. So she's gone on to Piers Morgan's YouTube. Within three or four days it's had ten million views. So this YouTube interview is as big as the show itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a big one. Let's go around Australia. We're doing pick up put down next. All the big news headlines from the weekend all tied up after this thanks to Chemists warehouse heading today. I get great savings every day. Great to have you here, Laura, Thank you, I made it motor oil.
Speaker 3: And what about me? I'm here too? What's your name, Brittany?
Speaker 2: Have you here too? That's the pickup? It is a Monday, So we're doing this right now.
Speaker 1: Pick up here, tip down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are the big stories of the weekend that everyone's been talking about. I bring them to you girls, Laura and britt And it's your decision whether or not we pick up a conversation we keep it going into the week, or we put it down and we kill it, stop it never to be spoken of again.
Speaker 3: Okay, well love this. What do you got for us this week?
Speaker 2: You're ex naming their baby after.
Speaker 3: You put down? Pick it up, put down?
Speaker 4: Yes, I want him to think about me every day till the day I that's the weirdest thing. Ever, there's so many names in the world, why would you name your child after your eg Well, this is everyone's.
Speaker 2: Talking about it because a woman posted on the internet this weekend she was confused when she discovered that her ex boyfriend named the newborn baby after her.
Speaker 5: So this is a bit different, but I still found it weird at the time. So Matt's sister, my beautiful niece. Her name is Millie, and Milli is the name of Matt's ex girlfriend, And so this is like a few years later, I was always like, it's so weird that someone who is such an integral part of your family who's not here anymore.
Speaker 4: Different when you're having sexual relations with them. I was opposed to just like you dated my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where my head went. But well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just think I would never so like my sister's ex boyfriend. I would never name my baby the same name as my sister's ex boyfriend for the reason that it's just too close to home.
Speaker 3: It was tainted for me.
Speaker 6: For the exes. I'm never naming my kid after my ex.
Speaker 4: But I'm happy for my extra name his kid after me, look and think about me every day. Really, so weird, It doesn't affect you.
Speaker 2: What if Laura had another baby, right and she and she named the baby honey Badger.
Speaker 4: Cute, original, cute, going places, kind of call it all right?
Speaker 2: Moving on, pick up, put down. The worldwide average screen time officially now six hours and forty three minutes.
Speaker 3: Put it down.
Speaker 6: I mean it's depressive, but there's nothing else we can do with that.
Speaker 4: We live online, We work online, Our lives are online, we relationships, my relationships online.
Speaker 5: Where we say screen time, are we talking computer screens as well or just phone screen time? Because a part of me goes, oh, you know, we're at work for eight hours a day, that makes sense for screen time. But if that's actually just like leisure screen time as well, including that, that's really what It's.
Speaker 2: All screen time, So it's all different screens that we look at. Mine's worse Australia globally is we're not doing that bad. We're thirty eight percent We spend our working hours in front of a screen, computer screen, phone screen. Can you guys get your phones out and looking times? Yeah? Bad manage to go to settings.
Speaker 3: I know mine is would be probably worse than that.
Speaker 2: Mine's an hour forty four.
Speaker 3: No, there's no way.
Speaker 4: You only spend You spend an hour forty four minutes on your phone every hour. Oh my god, look at mine daily average two hours and thirty minutes, two hours and twenty six minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, it's all good.
Speaker 3: This is because we've just come off the weekend and no.
Speaker 2: One's on the producer. Grace is flagging her hand.
Speaker 3: I think it's reset for this week.
Speaker 6: It has, mine says, Mine says sit.
Speaker 2: So that means two and a half hours on Monday for Britt, two and a half hours today alone for you, Laura, in an hour and a half for me.
Speaker 6: Mine says, down seventy seven percent from last week.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you go to see all, it'll tell you about last week's one. Let's not do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's move on. Pick up, put down. I think this is going to get you, Britt sleeping with the fan on all night.
Speaker 6: If I could afford to have fans in my house, I would sleep with them.
Speaker 3: Pick it up. You can't afford it, Britt, No, I'm paid really well.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was thinking of roof fans, not the ones that you put you can't afford it. Roof No, I was thinking you meant just roof fans. I don't own my house, so I can't put a roof fin in. But I've realized now I could buy one from Kmart.
Speaker 5: Okay, honestly, I'm going to put this down as well, because I look the air condo.
Speaker 3: I picked it up.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I'm putting it down. Then I'm going to find you I don't like. I don't like being blown on through the night.
Speaker 3: Sorry, still, Matt.
Speaker 6: Might disagree with that one.
Speaker 4: I don't like the wind, Okay at night time. I don't like windy, windy nights. Anyway, let's continue.
Speaker 2: I like to be cold.
Speaker 4: No, I like being cold at night. I want to be cold and then rugged up under my dinner. But I like it.
Speaker 6: I like the air on my face.
Speaker 2: It's easier to it's easy to warm up than it is to cool down.
Speaker 4: It hondy, and you have weird dreams when you're Yeah, once again the hard hitting news.
Speaker 2: Pick up, put down. We're going to carry the conversation next on the show Baby Reindeer, the Netflix series that everyone's.
Speaker 3: Talking about, literally the entire world.
Speaker 2: Everyone including us, I mean, but we don't agree. Well, we're not talking about the show in and of itself that's been out for a little bit. We're talking about the interview that happened last week with Piers Morgan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, online gone viral.
Speaker 4: Ten million people have watched this interview with the real life alleged stalker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Baby Raindeer.
Speaker 2: Everyone in the office today having Baby Reindy chats, So we're going to have one next on the pickup.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to talk to you guys about the thing that literally the entire world is talking about right now, and that is the Netflix hit Baby Reindeer. Now, if you're one of the people that haven't had a chance to watch Baby Reindeer yet, Basically, there's this UK comedian, Richard Gadd, who conceptualized this idea that he had from a real life event. He was and I'm going to use the word allegedly because I don't want to get sued, Allegedly he was stalked by this woman who sent him forty one thousand and seventy one emails, three hundred and fifty hours of voicemails, seven hundred and forty four tweets, forty six Facebook messages, one hundred and six pages of letters, lots of weird gifts, would follow him around, try to ruin his life, turn up at his house. Now, Richard is saying that this was a real life event. He's turned it into a hit Netflix series. It's still number one in the world, he has said, and Netflix has said they did their best to hire the identity of the alleged stalker in the series, but what happened the world has turned into slutes.
Speaker 6: They found out who this was within days.
Speaker 2: The Real Math. Everyone's like that, we found the real Math, a real stalker.
Speaker 5: They found her literally in forty eight hours that Daily Mail was contacting her six days after the Netflix series was released. That's how quickly it all kind of turned around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so Pierce Morgan.
Speaker 4: Who is a very controversial journalist communic gave yeah, and you love him what you hate it.
Speaker 3: Most people hate him.
Speaker 4: But he found the real life stalker and did an interview with her on his YouTube channel. Now, within two days it had had ten million views. So just as many people are watching and infatuated with the real life Stalker and what he's unfolding now as they were with the actual Netflix show. If you haven't watched it yet, this is one of the key moments from the interview.
Speaker 6: Did you ever attack Richard Gad's girlfriend because you were jealous?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he had a girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I think he's homesake, sull but no, I have never been to his house or attacked any girlfriend or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Did you have a contact Richard Gad's parents.
Speaker 6: No, that's allegation was put to me by journalists.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: It poses this question about the ethics around journalism, Like the world is divided. Should the real life Martha and this stalker have been given a platform to tell her story or is it ethically immoral for.
Speaker 3: Us to have.
Speaker 4: Gotten someone that's potentially mentally unwell given her a platform.
Speaker 2: You know, It's like, it's really.
Speaker 4: I feel so many things about this, and yet I still don't know exactly what I feel at the same time, because I watched it last night.
Speaker 3: So I watched this interview. The woman's name is fire in A Harvey.
Speaker 4: She was you know, she was identified so quickly, and she sat there and did an hour interview with Piers Morgan and said she unequivalently denied everything she said. She didn't stalk him, She said she never went to prison. There was no criminal conviction. In the Netflix special, she goes to prison for nine months is how it all ends, and I kind of walked away from it and I was like, Okay, I definitely don't believe her. I think that there were lots of parts where she was lying, but maybe she didn't go to prison. Maybe he did embellish parts of his story. And I guess for me, I was like, if you're going to sell something as entertainment and Netflix special, you're going to make millions and millions and millions of dollars off it, and you're making that money because you went so hard saying that it's an absolute true story, then I think that you don't get to change bits of it to suit the entertainment factor. Otherwise you should be saying, oh, it's based on real life events. But for me, the moral thing came down to this idea that they went so hard saying it's a true story, and if it's just not the case, she's going to be able to sue them for defamation.
Speaker 3: It's going to be at for so much money.
Speaker 2: These things happened to him. I'm of the opinion that he should be able to sell his story, but.
Speaker 4: It's not his story if she didn't go to prison, Netflix have technically covered their butts, so they said this program is based on real events. However, certain characters, incidents, locations, and dialogue have been fictionalized for dramatic purposes totally. So at the start they said true story, and at the end they've also said, disclaim it. The story is true, but then we've fictionalized it to make, you know, dramatize it to sell it. So on a technicality, I feel like they've covered their butt morally, probably completely done the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: At your point, I think it'd be so interesting because the problem is so in the UK you can't get access to people's criminal records. So Peers Morgan keeps saying in the interview, Oh, it would be so easy for us to find out whether you're lying or you're not lying, But it's actually quite hard to get that information. So if she does go through with this defamation case against Netflix, as she's saying she's going to do, it will all come out, and if it's proven that that just didn't happen, then I do wonder whether she would win a defamation case even if she did stalk him, even if she did do the wrong thing. But it's this really grey area between selling something is a true story when it's not.
Speaker 4: When Peers says, this is really easy for us to prove, he's not just talking about her going to prison, talking about the fact that she's denying sending him forty one thousand emails, and he's trying to say, but you know, we can prove that, Like, so you either tell us the truth because we can. We can trace your IP dresses from it. We can see that there's forty one thousand. Yeah, we can see that you sent the text messages. Like he's trying to say to her, like, you know right that, like it's provable, It is provable. So do you want to have the space now to you know, admit to anything. And she kept denying, denying to nine and then halfway through she panics. She flips a story. At the start, I genuinely believed her. I was like, Wow, this woman is so articulate, she's very.
Speaker 2: She unraveled so quickly normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she really.
Speaker 6: In the second half, I was like, whoa, she's lost it, like this was her.
Speaker 4: It leaves your questioning saying, you know, people are saying she's not mentally fit. To even do the interview.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, for me, that kind of reaks of like Britney Spears conservativeship, Like, who are we to say that someone's not mentally fit to do peas Morgan? If she wants to get up there and do the interview makes some money off the back of it as well, then I mean.
Speaker 3: It's her right to do so.
Speaker 2: Sure she did, but she can't even afford to die coke. If you've watched the series, she.
Speaker 6: Said that was fake. She said she always paid for a level.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I watched five episodes. There was not one reindeer and I really should have googled it before.
Speaker 3: It was a teddy.
Speaker 2: That's also a joke out. But now you know Laura suit herself. It was like Martha's going to come for us.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm invested.
Speaker 2: I'm comment for you. All right.
Speaker 5: Well, look coming up, I want to know what did the cleaner find in your house? Because look, cleaner found something very interesting in my girlfriend's house over the weekend, and yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: Some feelings about it, all right, that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: So on the weekend, I was having a conversation with one of my girlfriends and we were talking about cleaners, like getting a cleaner for the house.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you guys.
Speaker 4: Do you have cleaners that come to your house like once a week or once a fortnight, just to help, you know, get things back in order and kind of like get it back to ground zero so that you can start again every three months, I mean every three weeks. I have someone deep clean. I keep it clean, top line clean. They do the deep lie they do.
Speaker 5: And what about you, miss Well, I live at home with my parents, right, so you've got a twenty four hour clean one hand. No.
Speaker 2: I what I do is I thank you for living rent freeze. I pay for a house clean every month.
Speaker 3: Okay, once a month.
Speaker 2: But do you do.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're making that up. I think it's a lot.
Speaker 5: This is like, this is like when you told us you do the grocery shopping for your household, But really what you meant by that is you just do it with your mum's credit card.
Speaker 2: What I mean is I did the grocery shopping one time.
Speaker 6: On one line from your bedroom media mum's online.
Speaker 5: All right, Look, my question is when you know that the cleaner is coming, do you do the clean for the cleanup, Like, do you put everything away and tiny up, hoping that when they come they can at least clean around stuff.
Speaker 3: A hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Like I wash my hair and blow dry when I go to the hair dress Yes, because I'm like.
Speaker 3: I want to look good for you.
Speaker 2: Or when you go to the dentist and you scrub your teeth harder than you've ever scrubbed in your lis.
Speaker 5: There's no plark left. You've scraped it off. Okay, So this conversation was having a girlfriend. We're at the farmer's market and she was like, something happened to me this week. I was like, please tell me more.
Speaker 4: So, she has a cleaner that comes to her house once a week. She's got kids, so you know, she really needs the extra hands to help her. And normally she's the type of person who would go and do the pre clean before the cleaner comes. And she's like, this day, I was running late. I knew they were going to get there at ten. It was ten thirty.
Speaker 5: Anyway, She's like, I unlocked the door and I went inside and it's a team of like four people that come in and they just they just absolutely blitz it top to bottom. They're done in half an hour, you know. So they come in and they just do everything. So she said hello, hello, Hello to the cleaners that were downstairs.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no time for a pre cleanin yah, so so sorry.
Speaker 4: The house is a mass so sorry, said hellos. And she thought that that was the entire team they were doing the downstairs. She assumed the upstairs was finished, so she thought, I'll just hide away in the bedroom. So she runs upstairs to her bedroom and she opens the door and there is standing one of the cleaners holding her vibrator.
Speaker 3: What so she walked in on a cleaner holding her vibrator and the vibrator was on.
Speaker 2: Just was she using?
Speaker 3: So many questions? Was she closed? She wasn't a she. He was not using it.
Speaker 4: He was just standing there. Apparently he was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. I was cleaning and I knocked it and it turned on, and then he didn't know how to turn it off.
Speaker 5: He was fully clothed. He wasn't doing anything inappropriate with it. But I would say they're probably standing holding someone else's vibrator.
Speaker 3: With it on. Is pity inappropriate? He don't.
Speaker 6: You don't knock a vibrator on you hold it down.
Speaker 3: It's got a lot of technicoy.
Speaker 2: Please you pay twenty four me.
Speaker 6: Even I know I'm in a long distance relationship.
Speaker 2: You do the math, can I say? I actually argue they're very hard to turn off. Some of them are like touch capacity.
Speaker 5: That's what I think happened. I think he turned it on and then he was like, oh, like how do I turn this off? And he was trying to go through the setting. You know you got like the hum setting, the buzz buzz setting look's like an old Nokia.
Speaker 6: Is he trying to clean it?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Sorry, you invited cleaner over to clean the house. They're not cleaning your items. If they're going for your bedside table, it's a breach of trust.
Speaker 5: Also, we also know that cleaners never actually don't clean the thing. They clean around stuff. But apparently so I dug souse. I was like, surely, how has this happened? And she was like, I don't keep my vibrators out. It was in the cupboard, so oh that.
Speaker 6: And turned it on, taking it out, turned it on, walked across and held it in his hand.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: It made me think, like I have her think about how many outrageous things cleaners would find in people's houses who are cleaning around totally.
Speaker 2: I'd want to know if, like, if you are a cleaner. I'm thirteen one sixty five, Hi, Jason.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been cleaning for about five years.
Speaker 3: Now, what did you find?
Speaker 1: I've never told this to anyone because it's so uncomfortable to talk about, But about three months into on my business, I was cleaning this lady's house. And I've done it three or four times, and I never usually cleaned her son's bedroom, but she asked me to clean it this time, and I distinctly remember it smelled the only way I can describe is like Coreine. And as I was as I was cleaning the bedside table, I just the smell got so unbearable. I was under the bunch there there and there was a cardboard box that was full of bodily fluidson.
Speaker 4: What oh, Jason, nobody should be subjected to that. Sure, it's not cardboard box, that would have.
Speaker 1: Been papers, and some of it were steeping through the bottom.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jason hold On producer Graces saying at Jason Clean's on INSTAGRAMM did you post about this stuff?
Speaker 1: Jason, not about this stuff. But I do make videos. And I actually met Laura at a cleaning event hosted by Maddie that I competed in.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, wait, Laura's house was so messy they had to make a competition who can finish this house? Who can clean up this big side?
Speaker 3: Jason, I can. I can guarantee we don't have anything like that in our house. Jason, when was this? Now I need to walk down memory lane.
Speaker 1: The event we met at it was the VA House of Spills that Maddie hosted that I competed in in one.
Speaker 3: Of course, the house makes sense, makes sense, Jason. Congratulations, you deserve a win after that.
Speaker 2: That's for sure.
Speaker 3: Hands up, Jason. Never cleaned Laura and Jason, my house will be a treat after that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well thank you Jason. Emily, I'm thirteen one six five last one? Well even cleaner? What did you find? Can you beat the cardboard box?
Speaker 7: That's a pretty good one. But my ex, now, thank god, I was away on a girl's weekend and he was a FI Fox worker, and my cleaner contacted me on the Monday morning and was like, look, I don't need to be cleaning up this. I found a used condom and my ex and I didn't use cotton dolls.
Speaker 3: You were away, That's how you found out I was cheating on you. Yeah, oh my god, em what did you do?
Speaker 7: So he was a Fifoux worker, so he was gone by the time I got home. So all of these things were donated to Viny's before his next return home.
Speaker 2: So he flew out and just never flew back in. This was his final flyout.
Speaker 3: Well played.
Speaker 4: I remember going to my ex's house. He wasn't make the time. He was my partner at the time. I remember going over to his house. I hadn't been there in a while, and there was a pregnancy test on the sink.
Speaker 3: Give away. Yeah, we stayed together for.
Speaker 1: Alright.
Speaker 3: This is good.
Speaker 2: You got any more of these? We can do We can make a regular out of this. This is great and were done for the day. See tomorrow, goodbye, See you guys, lads,