Speaker 1: Welcome back to TV Reload. This is my second bonus episode featuring a quick chat with I'm a celebrity second to Victi Pettiflow Bearringer. You might know this outspoken and fearless lady from her time on the Real Housewives of Melbourne. You probably saw her on Hell's Kitchen. However, you and her camp mates will never forget Petti Flow's thirst for life, competitive nature and ability to give you her opinion whether you ask for it or not. I got to have this amazing chat with Petti Flow today as she faced the Australian media, and hopefully you'll walk away with some tea spilt on the Real Housewives, some insights into the jungle and your heartful from a mother who loves her boys as she continues to prove to us all we can do anything if we try. I'd like to welcome to the show, Pettiflow Bearinger.
Speaker 2: I come across cocky, but I'm not at all.
Speaker 3: Please call me Petty Flo.
Speaker 2: I always draw on the good times rather than the bad times, and the cast member of the Real Housewives the malc I'm the two pot girl two seasons of Housewives.
Speaker 3: I'm not interested in your opinion, I just gave it to you.
Speaker 2: Second person to be evicted from Hell's Kitchen. However, the celebrity leaving the jungle tonight, second person to be evicted from I'm a Celebrity.
Speaker 3: So it looks like the tools are following me.
Speaker 1: So Pettiflow, congratulations on your time on the show. What a ride have you recovered from being petty flown out of the jungle?
Speaker 2: Recovered? I think that was the best send off. I mean, I go off making a big splash. How can you top that?
Speaker 1: I think, just like Australia, I didn't want you to leave.
Speaker 3: I know, neither did I. I was.
Speaker 2: I had so much more energy and so much more to give, Like I was like, I can do this for another few weeks. I mean I wasn't even starving in And how about that?
Speaker 1: That's pretty amazing. Now I have to ask, what was the most surprising thing about the I'm a Celebrity experience for you?
Speaker 2: The most surprising thing? So it was really what they say you're going to do. Like you were in an environment without walls and a roof. You were just on a bunk bed amongst the animals and the insects and on the bare ground with snakes crawling underneath your bed and my snibbling at your face at night or kissing you at night. I mean, we didn't even know what was crawling around us. All I know is I woke up in the morning and I had my whole face were bitten with little insect bites like I don't know if you noticed it on screen, but I remember when we did the ice water tank, I was like, oh my god, I can see all the bite marks on my face. It went from my face all the way down to my neck and my arms and my legs. It was like I had these tiny little spots on my face. So yes, it is very tough. And I really thought we were going to be in like a massive canvas Marquie and everything was filmed within inside. I was thinking we were in like a setup, like a studio kite kind of set up. How naive of me, right, But no, no, no, no, there was no roof, there was no walls. There was rain we got rained on. We had to pull blankets off our beds and roll it up when it rained.
Speaker 3: It was horrendous.
Speaker 1: It actually sounds horrendous. Now you're the second real housewife of Melbourne to enter the I'm a Celebrity universe. How do you rank your time in the jungle up against Jackie Gillies.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, firstly, I don't rank myself or compare myself with anyone.
Speaker 3: I'm petty flow. Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: We need to get that one straight. So I don't compare like I'm a different person. And look, I got bored up. I'm the two pot girl two seasons of Housewives, second person to be evicted from Hell's Kitchen, second person to be evicted from I'm a Celebrity, So it looks like the twos are following me. So I think Jackie did a little bit better than me. But it's what quality time you had with the people and what friendships you make and how amazing your time in the jungle is. That's the most important, not on who impressed the audience. It's about what you took away as a person in your heart and how you would use that to continue with these friendships and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So it's not a competition.
Speaker 2: To drinks is a max And I wasn't drunk that you weren't drinks.
Speaker 3: Listen, guys, if.
Speaker 2: You got I gotta lie I'm getting the hell out of you.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking lies.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can take anything but.
Speaker 3: Line. You're all line. No, you don't lie. No, because I don't lie.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I'm not interested lies.
Speaker 3: I'm not interested in bullshit.
Speaker 1: What do you think Australia got to see a petty flow that was different in I'm a sobrit to what they had seen on the Real Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Well, on Housewives, it's all about the drama we need to do. We needed to throw people in the pool, pull their wigs out, chuckbo a wine on their faces and create drama. And that's why people watched the show. They didn't watch that show to watch people giving each other hugs and you know, support and love and all that, because that was not the show. So with this show, it's completely different. You have the tough environment, but you have a lot of love and support and so there's two types of challenges in all of those shows. I cooking was not a very good thing that I did very well, hence the reason I was boarded out, even though at the time I didn't think I did such a bad job.
Speaker 3: I thought someone else sucked more.
Speaker 2: But I got boarded out of Hell's Kitchen and I told Marco Pierre White that I didn't agree with his decision, but nonetheless it didn't stop me knowing deep down that I.
Speaker 3: Sucked with cooking.
Speaker 2: So I was going to go out eventually, but probably not number two. So the next time I do a show, I hope it would be a little bit more. I'll get somewhere further than number two.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, they keep picking you, so you know, maybe we will eventually get to see you get past this number two issue.
Speaker 2: I know I want to And you know, do you want to see the housewife pasona or do you want to see the Petty Flow in the Jungle persona? Which one do you prefer? And which one do you like more?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I guess at the end of the day, Australia, like myself, we just want to see the real you. So have you been the real you on any of these shows you've done so far?
Speaker 2: Well, the real Absolutely, the real Petty Flow was doing a bloody good job on Householives and creating all the drama that needed to be created. So absolutely I was doing a brilliant job with Hell's Kitchen. I was being myself I was like, yeah, I can't cook, but that don't mean to say I'm going to, you know, accept that I need to go so early because I didn't suck so bad. I thought someone else did, so I was quite vocal about that. So that's been real, that's been me. And then of course with the arm of celebrity, Well, that was just s potluck, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: That was like a lottery.
Speaker 2: You either counted correct or you counted incorrect, and you know, it was anyone could go at any time. It's pretty fair. Really, it's just my luck. And I'm like, you know what, I hated being ejected so quickly. I like the ejection part. I just didn't like the going out so quickly. You know, at the end of the day, it is. It is the way it is. The cookie crumbled, as they say, he's.
Speaker 1: Fighting them off with a big stick. At the moment, he has Abby's heart in one hand and Petti flour is moving in for the kill in the other hand. And this could not be juicier. So you also came out after the show talking about Ash Williams and saying that he started a fake love triangle in the show show Is that still how you feel.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, Ash is an amazing person. Okay, let me tell you that I have a lot of respect for the guy. I was a little bit cheesed off after watching the show the night before, and it was pretty raw because I was like.
Speaker 3: You, dirty dog.
Speaker 2: You went out there and you had one conversation with me and then you told it to Grant a different way. And I felt a little bit disrespected for the fact that my reputation is online, because you know, people just jump out there and they're just horning on you, call you an old bag, and you know, what are you trying to do?
Speaker 3: And you know, there's Abby and there's you.
Speaker 2: So I was a little bit you know, it was a bit raw. And I also because I love him so much as a friend, I felt like, why did you say that? But all I know is he did not mean anything. He was not doing it maliciously to hurt me or damage me.
Speaker 3: He was just you know, playing I think, you know, and that's what it was.
Speaker 2: And I think I was just a little bit bummed about how it came across. But there was no love triangle as far as I was concerned. I'm that person who asks a lot of questions, and I just asked him, if.
Speaker 3: I was to give you the green light, would you go for me.
Speaker 2: The part where if I was that if meant if I was was lost with Ash and he when he said it to Grant, he lost that part and that was a difference, and so I was a bit ticked off about that. But having looked back and knowing the Ash, I know he's actually a really good guy. And I can't say, you know anything. You know, he was just having a bit of fun and he's just a little bit of TV, and you know, I don't think he's a bad guy at all.
Speaker 1: Do you think that boys have a lot to answer for when it comes to telling girls the truth these days? I mean quite often you hear these stories of them not wanting to hurt their feelings, but then they kind of get led on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think it's important to be brutally honest. I know it's very hard for people to take it, but it's better to be hurt in the first instance than being dragged along and then hurt, because then you're not only hurt by this person, but you're angry of the way they treated you and how they strung you along. So I think it's very important for people to be very honest upfront. And I don't think Ash was not being honest because you didn't get to say this. But Ash told me in front of Paulini that I'm the one he's keen on. I said, do you like Abby? And he's like, no, I'm keen on you. Pettifil. Now, I don't know whether Ash was having a play or whether he really meant it. I don't know what he was thinking. I can only tell you what the words that was used. And this is why you'd see me throughout going. Are you a man of your word? Do you talk from two sides of your mouth? Because you tell me one thing and then you're acting differently with Abby.
Speaker 3: You seem to like her? Do you like her?
Speaker 2: And I kept saying, you know, are you a man of your word? And that's the reason no one would understand why I was saying that. But what I meant was you told me you like me, but you seem to hang out with Abby and because no, no, no, no, we're just friends, were good, you know. So look, I don't think he meant anything bad. I think to answer your question, I think guys and girls both very equal. Now, remember we should be very honest with our feelings. If you don't feel for someone, just tell them and look, I'm not ready for a relationship. It's very clear on the show. I had that discussion with Jess. That was a real discussion. That was no play, that was not having fun. That was a real honest discussion where I said, I'm not ready, I'm not keen, and I don't have the space and the time for a guy in my life. It hasn't worked out for me, and I like and I'm enjoying my freedom, my own schedule. I'm enjoying doing stuff with my boys. They're all adults, we have fun. Why would I want to complicate myself. I don't have space. So no, I mean you had you had to be fantastic.
Speaker 1: So this season was actually they're quite different, and the process of elimination was actually quite fair. But let's just say there was a nominations process. Can you say who you would give one point to save and then one point to evict.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one and it's very difficult to answer that because I if I, if I picked the person I'm most connected with, that would be Pauliny because we became like super close friends and we keep in touch, and I think we'll always keep in touch. And you know, you always gravitate to somebody and then you connect.
Speaker 3: We connected.
Speaker 2: Having said that, I connected with a lot of people for different reasons.
Speaker 3: So it's it's very.
Speaker 2: Difficult for me to answer that. And you know, I know you're a naughty Boyfrid asking me that question, and I got to give you the boring answer this time. If it was a Housewives that I've given you an answer. But with these guys, they're all amazing, Like you know, everyone's come out saying everyone was amazing. They were they were great human beings. We had so much fun. Did you see their might of singing and dancing.
Speaker 1: It's literally the best season of I'm a Celebrity that I've seen.
Speaker 2: I actually say that for sure. Are you just seeing that because you're talking to me like seriously, honestly.
Speaker 1: I think maybe it's because it was filmed here in Australia, but you can really see that this is the most genuine connection between all the camp mates we've seen yet, and I think that really comes across and maybe after COVID this is exactly what we wanted.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's amazing. I think it was a really great season two. Personally, I want.
Speaker 1: To finish on a high note. Your son tweeted last night and this was amazing. I don't know if you saw it, but he tweeted and said, I'm super proud of you, mum. We told you not to give up your fight to the bitter end, and you did exactly that. Your boys are filled with pride. We have one hell of a boss mum and can't wait to see what Australia gets to see next. What do you think when you read something like that from one of your boys.
Speaker 2: My sons are my absolute pride and enjoy actually lived all my life for them. Every time, every step I've taken is for my sons, every choice I made is for my sons. And they show so much gratitude by their little things like.
Speaker 3: What they say and do every day.
Speaker 2: And I'm so blessed because they are insanely just the best, Like they are really good kids. They've done me so proud. And yes, having that reading that, like you, I was very emotional too. Yeah, I'm a very lucky woman. I'm a lucky mom. I'm a lucky person and I feel very fortunate, very blessed, and I'm so happy Australia has embrace me, because we all want to be loved and acknowledged and embraced. And just the fact that Australia's embraced me, and to all the people who have done what they've done to put me, you know, into this position.
Speaker 3: Without them, I wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: And so I'm so thankful, and especially to the producers on Housewives, because they're the ones who saw that I had something to offer and I didn't see it myself. So I'm so thankful for that.
Speaker 1: Do you have any advice for the new housewives? They're just about to start filming a new series of the Real Housewives of Melbourne. What advice do you have for them?
Speaker 2: My advice is, no one's your friends going there and just on the stage. Just rip things to shred. Grab every opportunity of your time there because you don't know when you know you're going to have your backstabbed.
Speaker 1: Who should they look out for the most like? Who should they be scared of?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 2: People think Gina is a scary person, But Gina and I get along the best because she knows to separate the show from who she is, just like I do. Like I'm a different person outside of the show than on the show.
Speaker 3: Understand that and we get it.
Speaker 2: We don't take any animosity or bad blood from the show out into the real world, so we can stare friends. I have respect for her and she has a respect for me. We talk on the phone about, you know, all sorts of things outside of just housewives, and we respect each other. I'm good friends with Gamble because she's an absolute, fating, amazing chick. And I also, you know still, I mean, obviously I keep in touch or chat with, you know, every now and then.
Speaker 3: With Libya and Susie.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, I don't think, you know, I don't have enemies. That's how I look at it, and I don't want to feel like there are enemies in my life.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I try to do the right thing, l every one, because that's a show. I don't take things personally.
Speaker 1: You know what I like in that is that you say that you're good. You know, I'm good. That's such a good way to leave it. Thanks so much, Pettiflour for being so generous with your time today. We loved watching you on the show. And yeah, behalf of Australia. Everyone loved watching you. Good luck with whatever happens next, and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. It is such a pleasure talking to you. You're looking hard and it was so easy to talk to you.