Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello. I think there's two types of people in the world, you know, don't start. I know, I know, it's three pm and I'm supposed to be here all chirpy, and I am all chirpy, but like, I feel like there's the Lauras of the world and the Mixes of the world, and the Brits of the world who are quite cranky.
Speaker 4: Okay, you wanna know wh I'm cranky? Thanks for asking, Mitch.
Speaker 3: So this morning, I mean with Laura all day, right, because before we do radio, we do a bunch of other work.
Speaker 4: We do the podcast work, whatever, we have meetings.
Speaker 3: We've spent many hours together. That's why she's.
Speaker 4: So we're a few hours deep.
Speaker 3: And then one of our other friends comes to meet us for a meeting, and she walks in and as soon as she sees she has, oh, babe, what you got all over your face?
Speaker 4: You got a big black mark on your face? And I was like, what, pulled out my phone.
Speaker 3: Sure enough, I had obviously wiped my mascara down across my face, this huge black smudge. And I looked at Laura and I was like, Laura, why haven't you told me we've been together for hours, and she goes, oh, I don't know, it was too hard.
Speaker 4: I could be bothered.
Speaker 3: You had to tell you.
Speaker 5: What did you say, Laura.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it was too hard.
Speaker 6: I said I noticed it, but then I forgot so I did, like I clocked it.
Speaker 3: I clocked it.
Speaker 6: There was mascara there. But then like, I just forgot about it and it didn't bother me. So I just forgot to tell you.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to bother you.
Speaker 3: It's on my face.
Speaker 6: It bothers me, but it didn't bother you because you didn't know about it, and I was the only one there, so no one.
Speaker 5: I have to get. You have to tell someone if you've noticed something on the face, yes you.
Speaker 3: Do, or I disagree. I think that there's two kinds of people.
Speaker 6: There's people who criticize, and so they're so quick to be like, excuse me, you've got something on your face.
Speaker 3: They want to be the vigilante criticizing. It's just letting someone know I have got something face. It's okay. We all have things on our face from time to time. Just be okay with like, it's fine, you've got attitude on yours, So what what I'm going to do. I'm going to prove this year. I'm going to go put something on my face. I'm going to walk out into that radio studio right now. In the break, we'll see how many people and who's sopety. I bet you no one cares. I will put money on the fact that not one single person out there, none of the producers care. If you've got something on.
Speaker 5: Your face, put lippy or something face and then we'll see what they.
Speaker 4: Say, because you'd say something, right, Mitch, of course it would.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a real good friend. Then I adore you, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone thinks they will, and no one ever does.
Speaker 4: Okay, coming up, let's see if Laura's wrong.
Speaker 3: All right, let's put it to the test.
Speaker 7: That is on the way play. Samantha Jade is joining us on the show today. She's got a new Christmas song and we've teamed up with her. We're giving you the chance to have her perform at your school.
Speaker 3: So cute. That'll win you some brownie points in school, won't it.
Speaker 5: Totally.
Speaker 7: Sam's joining us on the show soon thanks to Chemist's Warehouse. Let's start heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 4: If you guys just missed it.
Speaker 3: We're having a bit of a fiery debate here at the pickup Laura, Mitch and myself, because I think there's two kinds of people in the world. One that will tell you if you have something in your teeth, something on your face, your tags out, your shirts inside out, which is yourself, Mitch and myself.
Speaker 4: Then there's the other kind of person who doesn't have.
Speaker 3: The respect to let you know that there is something on your face, and that is you. No, you say this.
Speaker 6: As though I'm like maliciously not telling people. I'm just conflict avoidant. It just doesn't I'm.
Speaker 5: Not conflict avoidan.
Speaker 4: Telling someone they have something on their face isn't a conflict.
Speaker 3: You do it a favor.
Speaker 4: Hang on Anyway, I had saying on my face for hours Laura. Laura ignored it. She just let it sit on my face. Somebody else, somebody else had big deal.
Speaker 3: But it was not a big deal.
Speaker 5: Four and you didn't bring it up.
Speaker 3: It was a tiny speck, it was not It was a smuch, a big smunch. The point that another friend walked in within two seconds was like, oh babe, something's all over your face.
Speaker 4: Let me get it off. And I was like, oh wow, what a good frank.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then I thought, you know what, I'm gonna put it to the test right here. I'm going to put some lipstick or something on my face. I'm going to walk out into the radio station and see how long it takes anybody to notice and tell me. Within five seconds, I hadn't even made it out the door. One of the guys is like, oh, you've baby got something your face.
Speaker 4: Have listened.
Speaker 5: What's happening your face? You kiss face? See that's natural, Laura sounds calm cook.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, okay, let's just set the scene first.
Speaker 6: We're talking a little smudge of muscar out of place. We're talking lipstick smeared on your face?
Speaker 3: Did like, but did that sound like a conflict, because you don't like conflict. It wasn't a conflict.
Speaker 6: It just was an unavoidable thing that it was so obviously there a big kiss of lipstick.
Speaker 3: I would have said that as well.
Speaker 7: It was a bit of noxious bree related on figlet.
Speaker 3: So you waved that cheek around. You were like, someone tell me that, shaking your cheek. You were going literally just talking like a normal human. Anyway, Moving along, I moved into the masses of people, and then one minute later.
Speaker 5: This, how are you rocking a lips cheek for some sort of.
Speaker 3: Okay? All right, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: I feel like I need to defend myself what you're also not pointing out? Yes, great, you have audio of the two people when not.
Speaker 3: Talking about the equal amount of people who were in there, who didn't say anything, who just kept quiet.
Speaker 6: Who are the Laura Burns of this department? And that is what happens. There are some people who will tell you, and there are some people and it just it's just.
Speaker 3: Not a big deal.
Speaker 4: Hang on. Those people also said this, so there you go.
Speaker 3: They said that they actually saw it straight away but figured it was something to do with radio, so they didn't bring it up. For that part.
Speaker 6: I also thought your mascara it was something to do with radio, So I thought that you would just look at all this content we've gotten out of it.
Speaker 3: You know. I felt like it was a setup, and I feel like you've gone down setup.
Speaker 4: You've gone down the friend lader.
Speaker 6: I just think, do you know what, I think we care too much. It's okay if you got something stuck in your teeth.
Speaker 3: On your face.
Speaker 7: Laurie, you've come to the studio with full on child fecal matter on your face.
Speaker 3: No one told me because that was rank.
Speaker 5: We're embarrassed for you. We don't want to.
Speaker 3: I've got two children. They tell me all the things that the things that's wrong with me.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm confident with our choices in life.
Speaker 4: Yes, saw way news. Guess he's coming into the studio next.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Yeah, she's got Christmas Tinsel on her phone.
Speaker 6: Are you going to tell her everything that's wrong with her as well? There's nothing wrong with if there's a hair out of place where you let her know?
Speaker 4: Samantha Jade is an angel.
Speaker 3: There is nothing wrong say that about our guests standing by to join us.
Speaker 7: He's coming on the show next. We have teamed up with her to give you a shot to get a performance to perform at your school.
Speaker 3: Cool, so fun. It would be so fun to have her come in andto a.
Speaker 5: Song totally all the details next me.
Speaker 7: Jade's on with us at the pickup after this listen, you'll know our next guest as being an Australian icon. You may also be able to get her at your kids school very soon. She's giving you the chance to perform live. You might even get a brand new Christmas song, Christmas Kiss. The One and Only Samantha Jay joins us. Now Hello Sammy, Hello, welcome back.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys. I always love chatting to you. How are we?
Speaker 3: We are good? How okay?
Speaker 6: I want to know you've just written a Christmas song Christmas Kiss? How is that different to writing and you know, a fire, a relationship song or a love song, and then you've got a Christmas Carol?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 8: A different It's a different feeling altogether because you can kind of go all the way cheese and all the way like hitch and like you can there's nothing you can just do it, and it's like people actually love it. It's the one time of the year that everyone's like, I'm okay with the cheese. And so I kind of was writing the lyrics and I was like, this is I can this is not it's too cheesy, and my friend was like, it's Christmas like it. That's how it is. Oh, it's really fun and you can put all of the melodies that you want to do that, you know, because when you're writing a song sometimes you're in the room you're like, oh, that melody is too like everyone will sink will go there, so we shouldn't. But Christmas is the time to do those melodies and all the backgrounds and yeah, it's just it was really, really fun. I've got to say, this is the most fun I've had writing a song in a while.
Speaker 3: Samantha, do you think not to put you on the spot, but do you think you could give.
Speaker 4: Us like a little taste? Would you sing a little acoustic for us right now? Or is that asking too much?
Speaker 8: No, I can do that. I'll give you a bit of the verse because the verse is really cute. So the kind of of Christmas night a comus.
Speaker 3: Bad from the Games?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I can hear my Auntie's drunk on eggs glaring that Christmas day.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it just takes you to like you're sitting around dessert, everyone's singing.
Speaker 4: And exactly what you just said, you can't.
Speaker 6: Get too corny on Christmas essentially, but also like this is what we need. We need new Christmas songs because no one wants to carry it's done put.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want transparency sent me.
Speaker 7: Do you read the articles where everyone goes Mariah carry makes two million dollars a day at Christmas?
Speaker 5: Is that why you're releasing a Christmas song for the royalties?
Speaker 8: Listen, I will say it is the gifts that keeps on giving because every year you can just be like putting it out again.
Speaker 6: You wheel that bad Boy out, you just see the royalties roll back in.
Speaker 5: So, Sam, what's happening. What's happening with the competition?
Speaker 7: You're giving people the chance to perform at the school to hear the song live.
Speaker 8: Basically, we're going to come and perform at the school exactly. Yeah, So we'll come and we'll do Christmas kids, and we'll do a few other songs, a few more carols and yeah. I mean there's nothing better I think than live music. There's there's a feeling that that you just you can't get through the phone or through anything. It's in person. It's so much better. So we're like, we've got to go to the schools and perform for them.
Speaker 5: So far, well, we're giving you the chance.
Speaker 7: If you want to submit your school the pickup dot com dot a you answer in twenty five words or less why you want some anthe jay there, and we'll give you will take Sam to you and you're so tiny, we'll just put.
Speaker 3: Her in a little put a. This is so beautiful.
Speaker 6: Also, speaking of kids, okay, I have a four year old to two year old and we were talking about it last week.
Speaker 3: This is so is my time. Okay. I think my kids are gifted. I think that they are going to.
Speaker 6: Be the next singers the big Australian export, especially my four year old.
Speaker 4: Sure potential, they have potential.
Speaker 3: I need you, I need you to weigh in.
Speaker 6: I've got some recordings of their little singing lawless too. Molly's fat, Like, let's be kind to them, you know, let's not dash their dreams before it started.
Speaker 5: That'd be fine to me.
Speaker 7: Sam did win the X Factor, so Sam is perfect for to judge this, to judge that, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you're here. Okay, this is Molly mate.
Speaker 2: She loves all the boys. I'm oh, I well.
Speaker 7: She was?
Speaker 3: Well then, yeah, that's so bad.
Speaker 5: What do you thought, Sam?
Speaker 3: It's an old English nursery rhyme.
Speaker 8: My note would be practice makes perfect and keep practicing, keep going, keep practicing.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the two year old s.
Speaker 2: Leggy girl.
Speaker 5: We cut that off for your own safe I.
Speaker 8: Mean I'm going to say this, the lettle girl that was that was that was in the right key, So.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 4: Think two year old's better. Actually she's better than Marley.
Speaker 3: I do too. Let's not tell Marley that is orange.
Speaker 8: But we're not going to say that to Maley. No, listen, like not many people can properly sing into their a little older so you don't really know. I mean I started when I was seven. That's when my mum was like, oh, I feel like this is different than the other kids, So I think they can keep practicing.
Speaker 6: No, what I'm getting from this is that most children don't know they're till they're seven, but mine do.
Speaker 3: They're quite good.
Speaker 5: Yeah you think that's not what I heard or what brit heard. No, let's roll on the sliders. All right, Well it's.
Speaker 7: About the Jay's new Christmas single, Christmas Kiss out December first. Yeah, this Friday. So excited, Sam, Thanks for having me. Thanks Sam, I don't forget the pickup dot com dot au twenty five words or less.
Speaker 5: Why you want Samantha Jay at your school? Will get her there? All right? Back after this on the pickup.
Speaker 6: No, I think it's widely known that cosmetic surgery comes with risk, Right, if you're going to go and you're gonna have some sort of enhancement done, you kin'd assign your life away that there are some inherent risks that come with getting any type of surgery. Now, one might not expect the sort of risk that this poor woman has experienced. So a lady named Kimberly McCormick, she went to Mexico to go and have she'd been to this clinic before she went, and she had like a successful weight loss surgery.
Speaker 3: But she went there to have some of the skin.
Speaker 6: Removed, because if you've lost a lot of weight, you can have excess skin. And she also wanted to get a breast lift. So she flew to Mexico to get these procedures done. And she woke up and she was very sore. She had a really sore chest. And then she realized something was incredibly wrong. Now, this is a sixty five year old woman, and she had plans for what she wanted to look like. But she woke up and she had been given breast implants, a full sea cup of breast implants.
Speaker 3: Have a listened to this. When I woke up, my chest was really souring.
Speaker 2: And I went.
Speaker 5: And I just started bawling.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, wait she were Wait so she woke up with boobs right with breast implanted boo.
Speaker 5: She had before.
Speaker 4: She's a dream of that, waking up with booth.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but no, not if it's not what you want.
Speaker 6: If you just after a little little nip and a tuck, you're not after having a full set of put in. Anyway, Then she realized, actually, I'm kind of painful in other areas as well. Don't Why is my backside during so much?
Speaker 3: They gave her a Brazilian butt lift.
Speaker 6: They completely mixed up her surgeries and gave her the surgeries which they were going to give to someone else. But wait for it, they're trying to charge her seventy five thousand dollars, which equates like sixty euro I think, for seventy five thousand in expenses for all of the procedures that she had, which wasn't even the surgeries that she wanted in the first place.
Speaker 3: It's really sad.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 7: You would think that the surgeon would see your name, the name Kimberly McCormack, and go, don't think that's the kind of person that worlds beer.
Speaker 4: Kimberly McCormack.
Speaker 7: That's the whitest name I've ever heard. Like, she's probably in for a hip replacement, not a BB and.
Speaker 4: You have to pay for the wrong service.
Speaker 6: No, but I mean because this is in Mexico and they're saying so normally you would sign like a consent form for the surgeries that you're having, but they're saying that when she went in for her surgery, she gave verbal consent.
Speaker 3: It's having a sense.
Speaker 6: Also, if you've been given anesthetic, how can you be giving any sort of verbal consent You've been off your mind.
Speaker 3: There was no such thing as a verbal consent in any theater. They don't have a leg to stand what i'mout in Mexico.
Speaker 7: That's not what I was going to say, because apparently that says here she reportedly requested a full sea set, but maybe she said I want a full seet and Mexican they thought she went see I guess se set.
Speaker 5: I want to see set. But ah see, yes, maybe there's a language barrier, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: I mean, I know that this is a very rare case, but I had a really weird experience happened to me when I was in my twenties. So I had a kidney infection and it was so bad. It was kidneys when in my bladder and I ended up in hospital.
Speaker 3: Now I had some tests and scans done and they came back.
Speaker 6: I had like the ultrasound thing done. It came back that I had a gore bladder completely full of gallstones. So this had kind of turned into a bit of an emergency situation. I had the head surgeon come over, and you know, when you're going in for an operation, the surgeon will come over and they'll run you through everything that's going to happen in the operation. So I kind of had that meeting. At the time, I was dating a surgeon. So I was dating a guy who was a surgeon. He was there, and so they were having this conversation and he was like, can I see Can I see the scans? Can I see the ultrasounds? And he was like, it just doesn't make sense. He goes, God, this looks like the insides of an old lady. So I'd been scheduled to go in and have my operation in three hours, and he goes, I just I'm just gonna get them to look over it again. They had mixed up my scans with the woman two beds.
Speaker 3: Down who was an old lady.
Speaker 6: She was in her nineties, and three hours later she went in and got her gallbladder removed.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, could you imagine you've.
Speaker 5: Worked in the hospitalized. Does that happen more than a think?
Speaker 4: No, it does not happen more than any think. But it does happen.
Speaker 3: And what happens is you just pick up another person's file accidentally and then their fault. All their extras and images go into that file that day. But you know the difference between looking at and inside of a twenty five your old and inside of a sixty five.
Speaker 5: Year old that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: When you cut them open, you realize, actually, maybe we made a mistake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I actually had the opposite of that.
Speaker 7: They thought my appendix was broken about to explain now, They thought it was about to explode in flying But it was actually four chief stringers that I'd microwaved and got.
Speaker 4: Now that happens a lot.
Speaker 5: That happens.
Speaker 7: Thanks appreciate it all, right, next time the show A thousand dollars cash up for grabs thirteen one oh six five. If you want a rummage through your bag, will reward you with a thousand bucks spending money.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you're a busy woman with a busy handbag, we want to know about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, call us you're at the pickup guys.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited by this.
Speaker 6: Every day this week we're given away one thousand dollars cash. It is all to celebrate the new original series which is on Binge. It is called Strife and it's by the producers of Big Little Lies. Now this is going to be the new must watch TV drama within Australia. And if you know Mia Friedman, who is from Mama Mia, it is all based around how she broke into the media industry and how she created Mama Mia.
Speaker 4: It's such a good what's got actually heady in it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: She excites on Binge December six If you want to give it a watch, this sounds great.
Speaker 3: Now, if you want to win a thousand dollars, all you've got to do is call up and tell us what is in your handbag Because busy Australian women we're juggling lots of things and you know what, those handbags become absolute bottomless pits, Stacy. We've got you on the phone, Stacy, what's in your mind? Open, have a little rummage around what is not in there?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I have everything. I have lip bum not just one, but about five, three different perfumes, band aids, White Mentors, Tictac, wallet, tampons, receipt. The thing I cannot bring myself to throw out whether I was my previous job. We had a little group session where everyone gave their workmate's positive notes. So I've got about those.
Speaker 3: Who we should do that. Okay, I want to hear one of the notes. Do you have one that's your favorite that when you're having a bad day you go and listen to or you read back?
Speaker 1: Just said, I love how you interact with customers and your workmates. It is honestly so great to hear how down to earth and friendly you are.
Speaker 5: That's so sweet. You're a busy working woman. Is a thousand bucks? Go take the cash?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you?
Speaker 5: Well, Dane, what are you going to spend it on for Chrissy? What's the stitch?
Speaker 1: Well, because I'm no longer in that job, I've actually got a new job to go through next year, So money has been so tight. Definitely with the three kids. They definitely deserve just a big president each the new job.
Speaker 7: You have to make sure to go well, this is what everyone else thought of me because they carried it around.
Speaker 5: With me everywhere I go. So I need new fresh affirmations.
Speaker 4: Bacentally drop it on the ground on your first day. Oh my god, I feel that no fell out of my bad.
Speaker 5: I'd like to do that here at the pickup. We should a write each other notes.
Speaker 4: That'll be hard.
Speaker 3: That'll be hard, Stacey. We hope you enjoy, and also for everyone who is juggling so much work and family, it's a lot, and it's really nice to have these moments to celebrate.
Speaker 5: And all enjoy. Stacy, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: By stay.
Speaker 7: We got all cash too, so the pickup dot com dot you if you want to reagi double against you guys,