Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 2: Now, look, it's a safe it's a safe space here, no judgment. Have either of you ever copped a fine for speeding or for going through a red light? Obviously by accident. Never, no one's doing this stuff on purpose, I would hope. I think, have you ever gotten a misdemeanor?
Speaker 3: I think that's the biggest lie I've ever said, Laura, like that this is a safe space and no judgment.
Speaker 1: I'm full of tell me what you did and then I will judge you for it. But I want to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, definitely, Yeah. No, I've had my fair share of fines. I got caught on one of those mobile phone.
Speaker 1: No, that's terrible in the midst. That's that's done.
Speaker 4: I did try to dispute it and say that I was actually holding like a cheese and crackers and I'm sorry that I Yes, I.
Speaker 3: Have been done for speeding once before. Yes, I accidentally ran a red light myself. Now, look, no one likes receiving fines. It is That's the letter no one ever wants to get in the mail.
Speaker 2: In Australia's like especially, fines are so expensive, Like if you get done for a parking fine, you get done for a speeding fine.
Speaker 4: It's the point.
Speaker 2: It's a bad but usually it's the money because it's so much money here, right, Yes, you know they say it's revenue raising. Imagine getting a misdemeanor. Imagine speeding and getting up one day, going to your letterbox and opening the mail and you've received a fine. Now consider the absolute horror that you would feel when you see the fine and that fine is one point four million US dollars.
Speaker 4: What's happening.
Speaker 2: It's happened to you, No, it didn't happen to me. There was a guy in the States. Basically he was driving and he was considerably speeding, like he was at the high end of speeding. He was going one hundred and forty four kilometers an hour in an eighty or ninety kilometer like he was.
Speaker 1: That's a million dollar fine if I ever heard one. That's someone who knows that they're speeding.
Speaker 2: That is purposeful speeding, right, he is absolutely fanging it down a freeway where he shouldn't be. So he woke up the next day and he received a fine and the fine was two point two million Australian dollars.
Speaker 4: What's a typo that can't be true. That can't be real.
Speaker 2: Well, he called up to try and contest the fine. Surely this cannot be real, that one slip.
Speaker 3: You don't have a spare like two million cash laying around for a fine.
Speaker 2: And so he gets on the phone and this is what he has. No, sir, you either pay the amount of money on the ticket or you have to come to court on December the twenty first at one thirty pm.
Speaker 4: It's a scam that he's trying to be scammed. No, he was not.
Speaker 2: Now he ended up going to court to try and to test the ticket because surely it can't be right. Now. Look, it does turn out that maybe there was a little bit of a glitch. I don't know exactly how much he was supposed to be fine, but it was an auto generated amount and so he received it as an error. But imagine if you didn't. I mean, you're always going to go to court.
Speaker 1: No one's going to phone fine like that. The wife's like, man, you've got to stop doing this, like we're running our cass that.
Speaker 4: This is a twelve million dollars in fines this month alone.
Speaker 3: Funny when I got my speeding finals on the highway and I was speeding. I noticed that when I saw the policeman pull out, but I wasn't speeding by much, right, Like I think it's like, what's the one seven common is over?
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so he pulled me over and I had tinted windows or something. I was in some car. I wasn't mine. I was in someone else's car. Anyway, he pulled over. It was full American cop you know where they're like why in the window down in America.
Speaker 1: No, it's in Australia. But it was like an American cop vibe, you know when they're really.
Speaker 3: Serious and this is a big man and he's like license please, And I was like yes, officer, gave it to him. And he looked at me and then looked at the license and he goes, you do know you were speeding there?
Speaker 1: And I said yes.
Speaker 3: He goes, give me a minute, stormed off and I was like, oh, I'm done for Then in I can see the revision mirror.
Speaker 1: Another cop gets out of the car.
Speaker 4: Oh double double whemy two of them.
Speaker 3: Two of them walk over, stands really like over me in the window, gave me back my license, looked at me and said, just so you know, I would have chosen you on the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Off you go, he felt.
Speaker 3: So he recognized me from getting dumped and then let me let me go as if like the world owned me one.
Speaker 1: And this was like calm and he was like doing the right thing because I got dumped.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got off course of that.
Speaker 2: And people say it doesn't pay to be dumped, but it truly does. The indid you as solidary when you say that.
Speaker 4: Was the worst day of your life, We'll it saves you four hundred dollars and a couple of Demerit.
Speaker 1: Points everything works out well in the end.
Speaker 4: The circle have children in the car listening. That's a great moral of the story. Don't speech, don't speak, l and go on reality TV. All right,