Speaker 1: It is the pickup Monday afternoon with Brett, Laura and Mitch head into Chemist's Warehouse today. Great savings every day. As we've said on the show a little bit earlier at tad dusty gals, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Some of us more dusty than others. Yeah, Laura did a smoke bomb at the Logis last night before it ended, only because my dress was so tired I couldn't breathe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a lot going on at the Logans and if you missed it, this is the moment everyone is talking about this morning and probably should say this afternoon.
Speaker 3: This afternoon, and the winner of the twenty twenty three Gold Logi goes too, Sonya Kruger.
Speaker 4: This is so weird. I'd like to thank God aka James Warburton, who had the brilliant idea of stealing a successful format from Channel nine and putting it on seven. I want'd done that before.
Speaker 3: That's genius.
Speaker 4: My family and if my dad was here he would just be so proud.
Speaker 1: And oh it's Sandya Kravy.
Speaker 3: I sign up.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, what a moment.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling just as dusty as you guys are too.
Speaker 2: How does it feel waking up? Today in bed next to a gold LOGI kissing it you.
Speaker 3: It's weird about it is that you forget right because you go to sleep and you wake up and then you go, oh my god, what happened last night? And then it all comes flooding back to you. So I kept putting it down too at the party, and I'd walk away and then I'd forget where I put it and people are like, hey, you've got your logis. So yeah, it was. It was a crazy night.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you found time to do this interview now that you're a logo in a gold logo in I didn't. I thought you'd wear the little people now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, absolutely doesn't changes at all. What's funny is that by that time last night, because it was getting quite late and I've been working since eight in the morning, I was really quite delirious at that point, and I was so tired I vagued out. While Daryl was speaking, I was imagining a cheeseburger and fries in my room, and also getting my dress off because you know, you know what it's like when you're uncomfortable, You're in high heels, and you just want to get comfortable and then when he read out my name, I was like, oh no, because I was so unprepared.
Speaker 2: You don't know that your reaction?
Speaker 1: Do not believe it?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Surely you knew that on your son, your campaign, We had you on this show. Your campaign harder than Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: I know, because well, you know, like people do you do kind of look at sports Bet. Well you don't look at sports Bet, but the the Daily Male reports and all whoever reports, and so you kind of see what the odds are you well, and Hamish is just you know, he's one of those guys. He's immensely likable, and I just thought it would be Hamish. If it wasn't Hamish, it would probably be Lea Sales from the ABC, or or Sean mccaloff, who's just a you know, comedic genius. But yeah, so no, I was not prepared.
Speaker 1: No, son, what I like you said, you were kind of disassociating by the end, probably for the best because that Darryl Summer's bit that he did about the I mean I was hoping I was imagining that, but it kind of felt a little a little flat. I mean, you love Darryl, you work with him on Dancing with the Stars. I mean, what was that? Did you know he was going to do that bit where he was actioning off the Gold LOGI no.
Speaker 3: I had no idea what was going on. I think it was a thing like the rest of the room was a little bit confused by what was happening, and because everybody was tired. And I, look, I hadn't had I think I'd had like one glass of champagne all night, so I was pretty sober. But you know a few people in there had had a few more drinks than that, so you know, for them it would have been doubly confusing. What is happening here? Can we not just get on with the show? Because by that stage, that's why I said, of the end, let's just go party, because I knew everybody wanted to, you know, high tail it out and just have a good time.
Speaker 2: Sonya is, You're first female winner of the Logos in seven years, which is crazy. It's been seven years since we've had a female win. I mean, I know you saying that it was unexpected to you, but you also have a little daughter, and I just think, like what legacy that leaves for her? What does it mean to you that you got to win this amazing award.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it actually really means a lot? And on Friday last week, I think, just before we sort of started preparation for the logies, we have a WhatsApp mum's group, and so I said out a message, so hey, guys, this is like, this is like a shameless plug. Please vote for me. But the reason I want to do this is because it's been eight years since a woman won. And yeah, I think it's twenty fifteen when Carrie won. And let's do it. Let's show the girls that we can do this. We can get this done, you know. And those months they gal they got in contact with their contact and I swear that campaign is taken over by the WhatsApp mum's groups. So good, yes, And you know what, the girls at school and maybe this morning I face timed her with the with the LOGI and I was picking her up and I'll take it to school so she can show her friends like that means so much to them, and you know it does. If you can, if you can help for me, if I can help another little girl somewhere, think, oh, one day, you know, I can grow up and achieve my dream whatever that is, you know, whether it's becoming a you know, a surgeon, or whether it's becoming an astronaut or whatever it might be. That anything is possible, and I think that's that's the greatest thing about it, you know.
Speaker 1: For me, I can't wait for Sonya to pull up at mum pick up and just have the gold logging on the bottom. Then they're going to be like, we made this happen. Let's share it, Sonya.
Speaker 2: I want to know that.
Speaker 1: Where do you put it?
Speaker 2: Where does the gold logo go when you get it home? Like does it become a book? And what happens with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Look, I think it will actually live in Maggie's bedroom. She claims a lot of my stuff. Does it with you guys too? She just takes my stuff and all of a sudden it's hers, Like, you know, now she wants she's trying to take my laptop. I'm like, I actually need it for work. Somebody doing you can't have that. So it's I'm pretty sure she will want to put on her bookshelf in her bedroom, and I think it would look actually quite pretty there amongst all the squishies. So, you know, the beanie booths, Bannie Booths, squshes and a goal like you are.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're knowing to be one of the hardest working in TV, and you were like you couldn't even enjoy the night you were there working.
Speaker 1: You were hosting the Red Carpet with Chris.
Speaker 2: Is it like a wedding day? You know how a lot of brides don't even get to enjoy the day because they're like they feel like they're.
Speaker 1: Working the floor.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you get to enjoy it or were you just.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No? And I feel like it's always been like that for me for some reason, I've always ended up working at the logis the races are and I always end up working at the races or something some other event is on. I feel like I ended up working at it. So I think that's why they gave me the gold, because.
Speaker 1: They owe you so much over time, she because he's got a really good solid court case against us.
Speaker 3: Days off.
Speaker 1: We are so happy for you. We adore you. You've been on the show many many times.
Speaker 2: You're an inspiration to women and little girls out there. You're definitely an inspo to us.
Speaker 1: I know that we love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I love seeing you guys from the red car last night to.
Speaker 2: Looking Yeah, that was mostly just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, and that's why it was so good. Sonya walks down the red car, but she looked at all us. Didn't sit you in hybrid home, Laura. You make time for everyone. That's why we love you so even the little people. You called me Michael, but that's.
Speaker 3: It was a stressful.
Speaker 1: All right. Listen, we're gonna go up with Son a bit more. You can get it all and pick up podcast if you want to listen to the extended chat. But we're going to let you go now, Son, and uh and congrats again, superstar.
Speaker 3: Have a great day you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back after this here on the pickup