Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Threetop at Tuesday. This is where we run three phone ins at the same time. We're loving getting your stories about what you still own from childhood. We are just on about twenty minutes ago talking about her console video a game console that she still owns, the place Golden Iron and James Bond as well.
Speaker 1: What do you still have? What do you still own from your childhood?
Speaker 2: I peaked too soon? We spoke to a guy yesterday who owned a medal. He got five medals I believe school sports.
Speaker 1: When he was like twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 2: He won five medals in one day at the age of thirteen and then retired from competitive sports. He peaked too soon? Did you peak too soon? Were you a young gun and then you had kind of success at a young age and then you tell everybody now I had.
Speaker 1: To give up.
Speaker 3: No more glory for me after the age.
Speaker 1: I've tasted it. I've tasted it, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't want the rest of my life to be about that. I'd rather just move on now. Okay, So I peaked too soon. We're looking at stories and when you peak too soon? And Jack had this story yesterday I won. The cyclist in the road race who thought she'd won gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dutch rider finished the road race and suck a.
Speaker 2: De box all run on and was picking up people on their bikes, humping the air with a.
Speaker 3: Body literally did she know the Austrian rider had already was so far ahead that she couldn't even see her win gold.
Speaker 1: This is just awful, this story.
Speaker 3: She thought she was the first across the line, pumping the fist in the air, until the rest of her team had to tell her we didn't actually win.
Speaker 1: We've got a silver, but.
Speaker 2: For twenty seconds in her mind a gold medaler. Short lived wins, yeah, short lived wins. Then hero for just a few seconds. All right, So we're looking for your stories. What is still known from childhood? You peak too soon? And have you been a hero for just a few pressures seconds? The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Sarah, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian. How are you going.
Speaker 2: We're good, Sarah. We're good now, Sarah, which one are you coming in about?
Speaker 4: I'm calling in about short lived win?
Speaker 1: All right, what's your story for Sarah?
Speaker 4: So, when I was in high school, was forced to do cross country as we all are. I am the purpose thing from athletics. But by some miracle, I was winning the entire wake until I got to the finish line, and about twenty meters from the finish line, something came over me and I just passed out and lay there and let everyone else run in.
Speaker 3: Front of me.
Speaker 2: No, no, cruely denied, not now, life, Not now life.
Speaker 1: Maybe twenty more meters then life, not now? Oh no, Oh that's too cruel, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I was so impressed with my efforts because life, I said. I mean, I couldn't even run twenty meters on my best day.
Speaker 3: So what do you remember of it?
Speaker 1: Sarah?
Speaker 3: Do you remember the last few seconds before you came down your chace A five moment?
Speaker 4: I remember being amazed at myself and so so stack.
Speaker 2: You're waving to the stand, aren't you. Everyone began for the away behind me.
Speaker 3: It's just a full melody.
Speaker 1: Now I'll run it in from you. It's got it a victory. What was happening?
Speaker 4: I just sort of went black and.
Speaker 1: Went do you know what? That's another phone in one day? It all just went black, fade to gray. What happened? Sarah? Will send you one of our lidless steins.
Speaker 4: Okay, awesome, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Sarah was just sailing a boat around the world. Then, what's also chances.
Speaker 1: Do we all hear the sales in the background and as the.
Speaker 2: Let's go Belinda, Good morning, Belinda, Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: I've still got all my baby teeth.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? In your mouth or no?
Speaker 5: So my mom had this thing where she would wrap your teeth in the tissue and then cover it in sticky tape, and she gave more back to me when I was a grown up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of mums, A lot of mums do this. I've never understood it myself. Cray, it's craepy.
Speaker 1: Here's some of your bones and bits of your human body.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've actually still got all of my children's baby teeth to hand back to them wrapped in tissues.
Speaker 1: Where does this come from? How I know things you'd need when you leave home? Why go and hate it? Forget it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, you know you need some bits and pieces for your house, and here's your teeth, Belinda.
Speaker 3: When are you ever going to reach the day where you go I'm going to individually unwrap all of those bits of tissue and bring out my teeth.
Speaker 5: Well I actually did one day and it was kind of gross.
Speaker 1: Yes, it would be all right, Benda, thank you very much. You cool, have a good day, no worries. You do great, David?
Speaker 6: Yes, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good David. What are you still doing from childhood?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I have well?
Speaker 6: Or well on old school on sixty seven Coup sixty eight. I've got a ventriloquistole called the Jerry G Jr.
Speaker 1: And describe the Jerry G Junior to us.
Speaker 6: He's got a plaster here. He's more scary than Chucky. I've got no one. Children will through all fighting over him. I used to my uncle David was named after he gave it to him seven years or one of my mum's older brothers. And I've had him all this time. I used to scare them. But Jesus, out of my kids, boy seconds old, the son.
Speaker 1: He jack looking him, That is the stuff of nightmares.
Speaker 6: Oh he's he's way better looking. He's smaller, and I've had a lot offers to buying the gentleman. He said, was Ron blessed. He's to be on the Heavy Show on Channel seven many years ago. Sure, then it went to Channel nine, the Kids Show, just Talkie King of the Kids and then.
Speaker 1: All the networks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a time tripper, but I love him. Still got him the kids Rider and in prime conditions.
Speaker 1: And do you do ventually quy with him?
Speaker 6: No, no, gingerly, I love that.
Speaker 2: Another thing that's tied out. But I think good reasons, you know, is.
Speaker 1: That the world well, we never liked it. We're not carrying forward anymore.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when you were a kid, every other showbiz TV entertainer was getting someone out of a paddle sort of trunk, when those big old trunks and go, shall I get him out of the box? And they get that sad looking glassy eyed doll.
Speaker 3: The last one I remember was in the late nineties Strasman.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you remember?
Speaker 3: Stras has a dog and he was a swearing puppet.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, I mean that's what that's when he reached the end of the road, a puppet way everyone he swears.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, now we've got an act.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show Podcast three, Tip of Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Ever been a hero for just a few seconds? Did you beat too soon? What is still own? From your childhood?
Speaker 6: Nine?
Speaker 1: One O four three Jenny, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning, Christian and Crewe. How are you going.
Speaker 1: We're good, Jenny. So you're a hero for just a few seconds. What happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, crushing Actually yeah.
Speaker 1: The pain is coming back up. Off you go.
Speaker 5: Oh. My husband regularly reminds me of this event. And my daughter is now thirty three and it was her under twelve basketball team. I'm coaching. We are winning. Everything's cool. And then they stopped the game because the water is dripping through the roof and they decide it's unsafe for the kids to play, so Packer come back next week. We're like, okay, fine, next week, we have to start the whole game again. It's like it's never happened. Regrouped and everyone's yep, we're all going well and whatever. And then my start player gets fouled off and we were lose by one point.
Speaker 1: That's it. You know, you just hit hero for a couple of moments and then it's all over. Suddenly you lose us.
Speaker 5: Yes, total Grand Final, the last game of the season. And that's how it ended.
Speaker 1: Another the fact that your husband just routinely brings us up your China best. They were winning, You're doing.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: If we hadn't had the roof leak, we would have walked away. They would have had their little gold medals, their little ribbons, they.
Speaker 2: Would have been you know, in my mind, haven't seen what Australian coaches are like Dean Boxel, I reckon. The rival coach goes up there, gets a spanner, starts banging the pipes.
Speaker 1: Guys, lee, anyone out. I'll have to do this in a couple of weeks time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just ridiculous. Never happened to ever again since prior. No, it was just that one day.
Speaker 2: All right, great story, Thank you very much, Jenny, take care all right, thanks bye.
Speaker 1: So hello Sue.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, one of red star in grade four in nine sixty four direct.
Speaker 1: For wrestling acting. Oh acting, gotcha? Ah right, okay what was this? A school player?
Speaker 7: Yes, it was in the classroom and the teacher made us pretend that a school bus ward run over our friends.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a nice, real good lesson, isn't it. Last hair term, that's a bit of fun. The tables, the side. Let's pretend one of you.
Speaker 1: Has been riding by this school bus. Is anything, right, sir?
Speaker 3: The dead body?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been the driver running over one of you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, so part what part were you playing to?
Speaker 7: Oh? I was the observer on the on the side of the road, the Witt frame, the Fame and Fink, and I ran the red stuff for my exting.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a traumatic lesson.
Speaker 7: I know, weird, weird caches were weird back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we can say that six. What year was this, Sue, nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's sixty. So we're going to send you one of our lidless steins.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Pleasure. Lovely story, Sue. Nice one. Christian