Speaker 1: Come on there.
Speaker 2: Everyone, h girls, Welcome to the show, everybody.
Speaker 3: I have to share what just happened off the air because we were all a bit peckish today, so we ordered some food.
Speaker 2: Peckish is an understatement. We're fan starving.
Speaker 1: I haven't had lunch, so yeah, we went on.
Speaker 3: We ordered food to be delivered to the studio, right, and I just said, because it comes delivered to the radio station. So I write what the show is, I say it's for the pickup, just so when they get to reception, the team the reception bring it up to us.
Speaker 2: I was always going to be confusing.
Speaker 4: Some poor fourteen year old got that order at the takeaway joint and was like, oh, this is for pickup.
Speaker 2: So they just didn't delivererate.
Speaker 1: So we have been sitting here waiting.
Speaker 3: We thought we'd get an hour before the show in the prep, the prep meeting for the show. It's never arrived. So we called the restaurant and they go sitting here waiting for pickup.
Speaker 2: For the pickup. We like the pick It makes it really sad that they hadn't heard of us.
Speaker 1: It's probably for the role. Show's name was eat me what well? They were eating.
Speaker 5: It at the same time we're starving.
Speaker 1: Okay. Coming up on.
Speaker 4: Today's show, we have our it's our favorite. Every Thursday we do it. It's Ask Gun Cut. But we have a woman right now who is on the phones and she is dealing with the fact that her partner is obsessed with fantasy football.
Speaker 2: It's ruining their relationship. I've been there. You did your ex love fantasy football. I have had an ex. Yep, fantasy.
Speaker 1: Was going to go there.
Speaker 2: That's why I feel a bit.
Speaker 1: You don't want to out the we had once a famous one.
Speaker 2: If you google you pretty quick. I have a lot of people in my life that like fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well we'll discuss it. Coming up next year at pick up around this Strailia.
Speaker 2: Ask ourcat.
Speaker 4: We love Ask and Cut Here it's where you guys call up. You have your big, deep, dark, biggest problems and we do our best to answer them, even though we're completely unqualified. And today we have Nat on the phone who is dealing with her partner who is obsessed with fantasy football.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, a bit of a pickle. Fantasy football is taking over my life and it's not my life for it to be taken over.
Speaker 2: So how obsessed is he? What's like, what's happening.
Speaker 6: He's ridiculous. You'd think that he's dating fantasy football team because we've been together for six years and I'm expecting a ring sometimes soon. But I think that's being put on the backburn because all he talks about, all he does, is just fantasy football team.
Speaker 7: So to be clear here, for those playing all at home, fantasy football is like a fake football team that has real players in real life. So you've got to watch You've got to watch the real players with what they're doing, but then you've got to take that information back to you a fake.
Speaker 2: Team, and then usually you're also in a WhatsApp group with like fifty other people. Is that correct?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just sounds so silly when you say that's what's taking me no idea.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I had no idea what this was, and the team were trying to explain it to me earlier today, And if you're on the outside of fantasy football and you're just hearing it for the first time, it sounds crazy that they would become addicted to this.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm a man, I have no idea what's going on. I've never heard of this in my life.
Speaker 3: Well to paint the picture that, so you'll be cooking dinner, you'll go, baby, I've got lingerie on, and he'd just want to look his head stuck in the phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much. So basically he plays cricket over summer so I don't get seen them, and then we have this little window and I think, brilliant, we're gonna catch up again. And then no Fantasy football starts up and it takes every more than the cricket does, so he's he does a draft night, then the boys come over and then, as you mentioned the WhatsApp messages, they just go back and forth and it's like I don't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: So what happens? Have you brought this up with him? Have you tried to have a conversation? What does he say?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And he says we all need hobbies.
Speaker 1: I can't agree with you. I reckon let him have it.
Speaker 7: You can't say that if it's actually consuming the entire life and affecting the relationship.
Speaker 2: Hobby is not a five six, seven day a week thing. That's not ay.
Speaker 1: Do you have a book club?
Speaker 7: Net?
Speaker 1: Do you watch Real Housewives?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you not giving him attention when you're doing things you enjoy.
Speaker 6: No, I like a lot of attentions. Anytime I can get a bit of it, I jump at it.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen in your relationship?
Speaker 4: Like if he continues down this path prioritizing cricket, fantasy football, where do you see things heading?
Speaker 9: To be honest, But at the end of each season, because he tells me he's going to pull back every yearly drift and drift, and then we regain a little bit over summer and then again it so I'm just worried that we will drift too far that we be able to come apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon that. Would you be down to call him on the show, Nat, because between Britt Laura and I I think we could we could use, you know, some tact and some skill to get him to come around to put down there.
Speaker 2: I think, woman to woman, I think I could have a word to him.
Speaker 1: Would you call it all the would you be down?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, pe preasure is always great and I need to.
Speaker 2: Well you're gonna you're gonna start the conversation. We'll just come in when when you need us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a phone tap situation Producer Grace, can you you can grab NAT's partner's number and we'll go to a break and we'll come back and we'll do the confrontation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: The conversation.
Speaker 1: Confrontation.
Speaker 2: It's a confrontation. Conversation. Oh all right, we don't want to confront.
Speaker 1: Next, the intervention fantasy football.
Speaker 3: All right, Nat, Sorry, we're not making fun of your situations.
Speaker 1: We'll give you a help. We'll do it next.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, back after this on the pickup. If you're just tuning in, we had asked gun cut just before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're hearing from Nat who's having some problems in a relationship at the moment with her husband Rob because he's obsessed with fantasy football, and she feels like she goes from cricket season straight into fantasy football season, and she doesn't feel like she has any connection with her husband because she's deprioritized and all that.
Speaker 1: They're not married, they're just boyfriend girlfriends. So there we go.
Speaker 2: That's even worse. She's waiting for the ring. She said that. Yeah, she thinks she's not gonna come now.
Speaker 1: She wants an intervention. I know you didn't call it an intervention. Did you, Matt, No, we.
Speaker 2: Said it a conversation, Matt, Yeah, a conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we have your beautiful boyfriend Rob joining us. He's on the line. Hello, Robbie, Welcome to the pickup mate.
Speaker 8: Hi, great to be here, guys.
Speaker 2: Hi Rob, I'm sure you're thrilled.
Speaker 5: Rob.
Speaker 2: Do you know why you're here in the court of the pickup today?
Speaker 8: I think Simpeple wanted some advice on fantasy footy if I got.
Speaker 4: A crap okay, So I think we need to give we need to give Rob a second Okay, Rob, how important to you is fantasy football? And in terms of how you feel about it? Do you think that it prioritizes and takes up a lot of space and time and mental energy and just pretty much everything else.
Speaker 8: Look, it takes up a lot of mental energy. But I've got two great loves in my life. One is mad at cost and the other fantasy footies. So it's all about finding the balance. And you know, I think we're pretty happy with where relationships at at the moment that NAT is, how.
Speaker 2: Do you do you do you feel like you're pretty happy with where the relationships out?
Speaker 6: I think Rob, you know that I'm not. We speak about this nearly every night. You do not show me enough attention when the fantasy football league starts up. You cancel on so many social events, especially on weekends, and you say that you put me first, And I definitely think fantasy football is coming first. It's your first love, not me.
Speaker 7: Rob.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, yeah, no, no, I say where you're coming from. But I mean, you know, we got knocked out at the cricket finals, so we had sort of a two week break there where I wasn't doing anything.
Speaker 4: Or a two week break, Rob, Rob, that sounds like a holiday, not a relationship.
Speaker 7: Probably, if Nat has just said to you that she feels like she doesn't get the love and affection and care and attention that she needs from you everything, what yeah, what are you going to do about that?
Speaker 2: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: I'll sly after Thursday night, Claion Oliver is my captain, sod, so how many disposals he gets in?
Speaker 2: Probably you're about to get a divorce before you're married.
Speaker 1: Rob, you're being a little a little naughty boy.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's upsetting that, But also you guys have been talking about getting engaged.
Speaker 2: Has this do you has it gone down the priority list for you?
Speaker 4: Because NAT's saying that she feels like, you know, it's taking second fiddle now to fantasy football.
Speaker 8: There is a big fall of prize money on at the end of this year, so I think the best way for me to save up for that ring is to win this fantasy footy league. Let me put my head down and focus on this that and we'll worry about that.
Speaker 7: You might not have anyone left to propose to Rob by the time it's called gambling. I feel like you have a bit of an addiction there, and I think you need to listen to your partner.
Speaker 8: Look, this is a year though, Like I don't want to quit just before I've got the big win. For three years, it's all going to come together. I can feel it.
Speaker 3: Rob.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you've got a bit of an addiction.
Speaker 4: Really like that sounds like this goes beyond being a normal a normal obsession with fantasy football. And I know people can get obsessed with that. I don't you know, I don't discredit that, but this doesn't sound normal. And the fact that you're not prioritizing your relationship, I mean, how I maybe one left mat how does it make you feel sitting there listening to all this.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've heard it all before. To be honest, I mean I still, I still obviously I love you, Rob, But yeah, it's really I'm getting to the end, to be honest. And especially, I mean, my sister's wedding is coming up, and I feel like there's an asterisk on that if he's going to be attending, because there is.
Speaker 8: We always have one one day night a week where we do the trading, so we all get together, all the boys and and just so I always said, like as a maybe.
Speaker 2: For that wedding, Rob, No, no, sorry, you're about to lose the love of your life. That is, I'm calling bullshit on that.
Speaker 7: You cannot not go to your sister in law's wedding because of fantasy football meet up with the boys.
Speaker 2: You are literally going to lose nap.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well this is saying a bit of a serious turn. I thought, you know, we had a good thing going at but yeah, like I think maybe if we just split at like fifty to fifty you know, each week, maybe we have a few more nights out, we can get back on track.
Speaker 6: I think we'll be having some more conversations to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, guys, so unnecessary. Rob's not so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what's the compromise, Mat, I mean, you know, you do something.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I don't think there's much for me to do. I think it's for me to speak to him, but I mean, I'm open to suggestions for him to come to the party, but he needs to come.
Speaker 2: To a first Yeah, guys, keep us. We want to know how this all pans out. But at the moment, Rob, it's not sounding good.
Speaker 1: Matt and Rob, good luck guy. One last thing, Rob.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was just going to say, what do you think of Zach Williams this year joke? And he's going to come back and have a good year.
Speaker 1: Men, Matt, we will find you. We'll play matchmaker.
Speaker 3: If you leave, Rob, I might need you to come to the wedding with me. Yeah, no worries a dance for Well, that was an interesting couple. I feel we should call the Channel nine production crew. We got two new members for Mats next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's terrible.
Speaker 1: That's so bad, all right? Next on the show, speaking of so bad, I don't know if you heard, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I felt so bad for you.
Speaker 7: I heard on Willem Woody when I was driving home that they pranked you real good.
Speaker 1: I'm actually not happy about this.
Speaker 2: I know it was pretty humiliating. It was funny, butting.
Speaker 4: This is the thing about radio that people like it still gets you when you get pranked on radio. Everyone's like ah, but really the person getting pranked it sucks for.
Speaker 1: I thought I was safe being in radio.
Speaker 3: I can't get play if if you didn't hear what Will and Woody did to me on their show yesterday, we'll play it for you next.
Speaker 1: This might be my last show. I'm in a terrible movie.
Speaker 7: Mis Mitch.
Speaker 2: We came in today and I knew the reason.
Speaker 7: But Mitch was very upset about something that went down and I heard it on Willem Woody yesterday.
Speaker 2: I heard the prank that the boys pulled on you. Are you good?
Speaker 3: I'm okay now, but in the moment, I was really I was really gutted. It was really upsetting that the boys Will and Wody, who were on after us yesterday, pranked me.
Speaker 2: We were all in the car and we all heard it.
Speaker 4: But this, I mean, you got told by Will and Woody that you were interviewing Fred again, which was a bloody, huge interview and you were excited about it and it turned out to not be.
Speaker 7: I got a message from Mitch that was like, I don't say that. Literally got a message He's like, YO, get this. Guess who I'm interviewing today.
Speaker 2: So awful. He's like a thread again. Okay, kicking career goals.
Speaker 1: This is my own show.
Speaker 3: I was embarrassed on will you I don't want to be embarrassed on my own show. Can I tell you the context? Fred again massive DJ like he is one of the biggest in the world. He sells out shows in ten seconds. People want to go to his concerts. He also has never done an interview. He doesn't do press. So our producer here on the show, producer Grace calls me and goes Mitch because I interview celebs. They go Willem Woody had this interview with Fred Again and they've pulled out right Grace and.
Speaker 2: They were like, we can't do it. We need you to help us out.
Speaker 3: So I went, great, this is awesome. I'd love to interview Fred Agham. We can put on the pick up, we can do the interview. It's amazing. It's all above ball. We get emails from the record label. Will and Wood's producer, like it's all above bord.
Speaker 2: He produced Grays got pranked as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's really sad. Net a prep for it, like, we'll help you out, We'll send you a prep sheet. And I looked at it and I went, he's a pretty big deal. I should put some work into this.
Speaker 3: Because they rushed it because it was fake. Grace looked at and Mitch won't be happy with this. I had to re edit it all, so you has.
Speaker 4: A lot of work.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: This is mean on another level? Because Grace is really busy. I don't want her wasting her time on these pranks. I feel mad about that, but you are a little bit less mad about me.
Speaker 1: You're you guys are like the mums of the show. Can you come in and defend me?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: How dare you? Can you play the prank I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to have. I'm going to lay and I'm going to play it because it makes me physically sick.
Speaker 3: No, this is me what happened? I Will and Woody, you press play? This is me thinking I'm interviewing Fred again. Would we make Mitch Tury who does the Night Show, believe that Tom Cashman is Fred again.
Speaker 1: He's coming in now. Hello, buddy, how are you you are? Tell you what? You're funny, You're handsome, you're talented, I mean you are? Are you single? I mean I'm sure people would want to know.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm single for now.
Speaker 1: But you know who knows what goes on on the tour?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right. Singletch, don't make this about me. God, you're good.
Speaker 3: The psychology you freda sorry, Matte just done a lot of a couple of years ago, I didn't know who Fred again was?
Speaker 2: Can I say a few years ago I didn't know who you were either?
Speaker 1: So it's even this is a real accent.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm on a sketch show. This is a brilliant accent. Where were you born?
Speaker 8: Well, I've been in Australia for about five days, so I'm putting one over on your humige.
Speaker 1: You're such a shit.
Speaker 3: Does anyone else smell burnt toes? Give me your normal voice, your silly bugger.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't tell me how to speak me.
Speaker 2: I know how to speak.
Speaker 1: It's willing, it's willing. Why and you're not talking to Fred again? You're talking to Tom Cashman.
Speaker 5: I knew it.
Speaker 2: Actually, I feel viscerally uncomfortable listening to it.
Speaker 4: Oh look, it gives me a giggle, but only because I know that you're strong enough, Brazilian enough to overcome this.
Speaker 2: And sometimes when you work in radio, your free game, we all do it to each other.
Speaker 5: You just have to.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this for like ten years and I've never preaked anyone. I don't like.
Speaker 10: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Guess what I am scorned? This is war, Will and Woody.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a three to four pm war, three to four war. I'm read for it. We're gonna pre I just came to me right now. I think it's time to get one up on them.
Speaker 1: Let's get them back.
Speaker 7: We've got to come up with something to our radio show. We can't cannive up this plan while they're listening to.
Speaker 5: The next door.
Speaker 1: I can see Woody.
Speaker 4: No, but I do think that maybe they need to watch their backs because you can't mess with that.
Speaker 1: That was such a like loss of threat.
Speaker 2: That was the mummiest threat I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like if it's part and parcel of being with radio, I don't like how far they went with it.
Speaker 2: And I know that you're a bit upset, Mitch, because it was. It was a disappointing one, But I do I.
Speaker 7: Think you've got to be imagine if you thought like I would be devoed, if I thought I was about to interview like somebody that I would I looked up to, or that it was amazing, and you prepped it and you were like pumped, and then it was psych spoilers, just bob down the road, devot.
Speaker 3: I called my brother in law and asked him if you knew about Freddi again? He did, It's most people the bonded in two years of knowing each other. And then he called me after and he went, how was fred again? And I didn't have the guts yet?
Speaker 1: Good regards? All right, Well will mony if you're listening, baby four War three and four, we'll see you tomorrow to end the week. Goodbye, everyone, say guys,