Speaker 1: Laura, come on, we have a pick up pie or we're ready to go to Brittany hotly.
Speaker 2: Oh, every day you are the lines.
Speaker 3: Laura just accidentally lisped, and it was my reminder that I didn't have my mizzil line.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's nothing less sexy than going to bed and your partner laying next to you and going I'm putting them in or taking them out in the morning.
Speaker 4: That's lucky.
Speaker 3: I go to bed alone every night, Laura, So thanks for reiterating that.
Speaker 4: Well, Matt does it every night. Every night.
Speaker 2: He climbs into bed next to me and he'll give me a kiss and then he'll stick his retainers in.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the thing about Matt is the funniest thing is because I speaking to him about in visil line the other day, he hasn't needed to wear his for like three years, and he.
Speaker 2: Still just does because he's lazy. He doesn't want to go to the dentists and get his little knobs taken off.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what you guys do at the dentists, not the dentist.
Speaker 3: He is going to not quite checking out where he goes.
Speaker 5: Glad we got that out of the way to start the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of on the show today, Get Out Woody.
Speaker 5: From Will and Woody on the Kiss Network. We love him. He's going into the I'm a celeb jungle. He is.
Speaker 4: I mean, for a while there, Britt, I thought it might have been you.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, a lot of people do. I got a lot of d ms. The hints that I'm a celebrity were dropping. He'd point to somebody like, it.
Speaker 6: Could have been me, but they actually couldn't afford me.
Speaker 5: Oh, is that the problem?
Speaker 6: And by that, I mean they didn't ask me.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're too expensive and they didn't want you anyway.
Speaker 5: You're in vizil Ie would have melted in the African side.
Speaker 1: Woody has been announced as entering the jungle and he's going to join us next on the show to.
Speaker 4: Stick around.
Speaker 5: The pick Up.
Speaker 1: It's the Pickup or Wednesday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch get ahead of the spread this flu season with annual flu vaccinations available at Chemists Warehouse only nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 5: Speaking of someone who's.
Speaker 1: A vaccination Woody from Will and Woody our very own Drive show.
Speaker 5: He's heading into the jungle.
Speaker 4: I reckon he's gonna need a few shots that one definitely don't.
Speaker 7: Know the truth though. The truth of the matter is actually, hey guys, by the way from you guys. But speaking of the shots, so I actually went to the doctor and was like, all right, going to South Africa, give me the shots, like, give me the lot. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. So I was like, if there's a chance i'll get something, give it to me anyway. Turns out things like the rabies shot needs to be taken over the period of a month.
Speaker 4: Correct, ah, screwed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I've got a whole bunch of stuff that like kicks in halfway through the jungle, so I need to keep it clean for the start of the jungle. Otherwise, I mean, Andrew, like hepatitis.
Speaker 1: And those injections going the button. We know you've got a gorgeous butt wood that's down the money makers.
Speaker 7: All right, I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: What are your phobias?
Speaker 6: What are you worry about going to the jungle for.
Speaker 7: No truth be told? Like even answering this question right now, Like I know ten are listening. They're trying to get this stuff out of me. The only thing I've given away only because I think it's impossible to bring this fear into the jungle is submarines. I don't I've got this mortal fear of being in a submarine. I don't know why. You know, like Sean Connery's movie Red October had a real impact on me when I was a very young boy.
Speaker 5: I think you'll.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I hope. So you know you have the budget to bring a submarine to the jungle and South Africa.
Speaker 5: Channel nine, yeah, they could do it, but Channel ten.
Speaker 2: The problem is though they might not put you in a submarine, but they might put you in something very small and very dark, and that would also be just as scary.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't think about that at all. Yeah, literally, ways of trapping the underwater?
Speaker 1: Which how much are you getting paid for this? Because clearly there's a cash cramp. Maybe I just wow, I've got the butt question of the money question.
Speaker 6: I heard it was two hundred K.
Speaker 7: Did you really in me specifically or everyone gets paid two hundred caps?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Just you.
Speaker 8: I heard that like you were a top two talent.
Speaker 7: Oh really, Well, as flattering as that is, unfortunately that's not correct. I'm there are going to be some big celebrities in there because clearly the budget was blown.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we weren't a real How on earth do you prep for the jungle?
Speaker 7: I haven't had a coffee for forty eight hours. I think it's pretty impressive. I've got a bit of a headache, and the withdraal simple, you.
Speaker 4: Are not going to last a date.
Speaker 7: And I'm not like, I'm not a hiker. I'm not like a camp guy. The last time I went hiking was in year eight at a mountain called Mount Disappointment, and I I food rations in like the first two hours, and then the rest of the school class had to give me some of their food to help.
Speaker 4: Me get through better and better.
Speaker 2: What do you think is going to be the thing that you miss the most while you're away?
Speaker 4: Because how long? How long could you be gone for with the filming period?
Speaker 7: So if I win, I'm gone for a month, I think a bit over a month, and I will miss my girls, most beautiful, beautiful girls. It'll actually be really really hard being away from both of them. Since Remy was born, I've only had three days away from her for her entire life, and on those three days, I could obviously facetimer and stay in touch with her. So the idea of being away from those guys with no phone and no contact is yeah, actually like really daunting. And I know it'll be tough, but I hope. I don't know how much my six months year old girl's going to be taking this in, but I hope that in time she'll see this experience that daddy's done and she'll know that, you know, facing your fee is in facing scary things is a great thing to do. And no doubt when she's eighteen or twenty, I'll be able to get footae o armus elever to get me out of here and be like she'll she'll be.
Speaker 3: Telling, Yeah, should we tell all her friends how proud she's Your dad gave up coffee for a month.
Speaker 4: You chicken out.
Speaker 1: Well, So we can't wait to see your words. It's going to be very exciting. I'm a celeb.
Speaker 5: Get me out of here.
Speaker 1: You're going into the jungle tonight, right, They're gonna they're going to do your last drive show.
Speaker 5: They're going to fly you out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If I die, this will be the final show tonight.
Speaker 4: Proud Woody.
Speaker 2: We are all rooting for you. Yeah, will be here from afar waving the Woody.
Speaker 5: Flag Will and Woody driving your home this afternoon. There's Woody in the jungle. What a legend. I'm actually excited to watch that.
Speaker 8: He'll be Fantastic's great, he's so so, so so great.
Speaker 5: All right, guys.
Speaker 1: Dowd By Next on the pickup, imagine being in a marriage and it's good.
Speaker 5: Like you like the marriage, I hope. So one issue there's no sex, no sex at all. You're in a sexless marriage.
Speaker 4: Never but you still like your partner.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that's asexual right.
Speaker 1: Well, who knows, we'll have to unpack it. We've got a very juicy ASKU and Cut on the the Pickup Wednesday afternoon. On the pick Up, Britt Laura Mitch heading to the chemist ware house today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 8: Ask uncut.
Speaker 3: Well, it is time for one of our favorite segments that we do here at the Pickup.
Speaker 8: We do it on the podcast Life on Cut.
Speaker 3: It's called Ask Uncut, where listeners send in their problems, their questions, deep dark, dirty secrets, and we do our best to answer them.
Speaker 6: And we do have someone that has called.
Speaker 5: In with that's a live one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Allison goes, you know what, just to reply in the DMS isn't enough. I want to talk it out, so Allison joins us. Now, Hey Alison, what's going on? What help do you need?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I wrote in, because I've been in this marriage for many, many years. We ended up having a bit of a break because intimacy just disappeared. We want to try and work things out. Now have been back together for a few months, but it's just gone again. It's not on my end, it's definitely him and yeah, I mean when you get to this point, you just ask yourself all those questions and it gets upsetting to think about what the possibilities for it being gone are.
Speaker 4: At a lost how long have you been together for?
Speaker 9: We were together for about twenty years prior and then we separated for six months and now we're back on track. I was trying to get things sorted out. We did therapy as well.
Speaker 8: When you say the intimacy's gone, what level are we talking?
Speaker 9: Pretty much all of it. I mean sex is obviously the big thing, but just general intimacy. And my friends who are married don't seem to have the same problem, and like it's a man you know that they're not having nothing like It makes me question it every day.
Speaker 2: Oh Allison, I'm so sorry you're going through this because I think you know, when you have everything else there, like all the ingredients for a happy relationship, but then you're not getting any intimacy, and like, I think it's so important to you know, not just talk about the horizontal dance of love, but like intimacy that makes you feel wanted. It's almost like the constant rejection and there's only so many times that you can be the one to initiate to then be rejected again. And I would say, I mean, you've been with your partner for so long, twenty years, it's almost as though you probably don't know what life would be like without them, although you did have that small break. But it feels like what you're telling us is that you've just slipped into the same thing, which is the reasons why you left it in the first place. And if the relationship's just going back to being exactly what you didn't want and the reason why you left it before, I think that this is proving and showing that maybe things are not changing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it sounds like you've just got a flat mate. It sounds like you guys have come back your friends, You've got a familiarity and obviously you love each other, but intimacy and there is a difference. Intimacy is a foundation to a relationship, and the lack of intimacy is what leads us to the.
Speaker 6: Feeling of loneliness.
Speaker 3: That is when we feel like we're not connecting and we're not lonely. And it sounds like you've done the therapy. It sounds like you've done the right thing. So what you need to ask yourself now is is this the feeling that I do want for the next twenty years? Is this the sadness I want to feel, the pain I want to feel, and the loneliness.
Speaker 5: Let him go and drop him off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, time, It's so hard to say that after such a long time, but I think it's the I do agree.
Speaker 1: Either that, or I've been to BRIT's house and she's got a lot of honeyburdette racy.
Speaker 5: So why Allison, you can FedEx them to Alison's town.
Speaker 6: I've got She's keen, Alison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I love it, Alison.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Surely BRIT's got some kind of discount.
Speaker 3: Code if you are gone to my Instagram swipe up see Alison's funny.
Speaker 5: She needs a man that gives it to her and can laugh at a joke. She's very funny.
Speaker 6: Give it to her and laugh at the same time.
Speaker 1: I know that would be an issue, all right, if you want to get on the show and get some great a therapy advice like that, slide into the d MS the pickup on Instagram now next, speaking of relationships, Brits, something's happened in yours.
Speaker 5: I keep getting myself.
Speaker 3: I'm in long distance relationship, and I keep getting myself in some very precarious, sticky situations.
Speaker 6: This was probably the worst.
Speaker 1: Hello long distance relationship is you'll relate to this next pick up. It's the pickup Wednesday. Welcome back to Kiss around the Country, Britt, Laura, and Mitch. You're got to head into campus warehouse get ahead of the spread this flu season. With annual flu vaccinations available now only nineteen ninety nine, let's go get them.
Speaker 3: Long distance relationships team, I want to talk about it.
Speaker 6: I'm in one.
Speaker 3: My boyfriend band lives overseas. They are difficult and they come with their problems. But the problems we're having probably aren't what you think. I have just done the ultimate most embarrassing thing that you could do in a relationship that's not even long distance.
Speaker 6: But I've done it.
Speaker 3: The first thing you want to do right in a relationships impress the family. Well, well I think I impressed them the facetimes that's ringing.
Speaker 5: Have you not met the family, by the way, or you have I've.
Speaker 8: Met them only for a couple of minutes, literally.
Speaker 5: In December, when you were there three minutes in.
Speaker 6: Passing because we're both rushed in the impressions have been made.
Speaker 5: No, got it.
Speaker 6: The phone's ringing FaceTime. I'm about to get the shower.
Speaker 3: I am completely naked.
Speaker 6: Completely.
Speaker 5: If you're in the shower, I'm not in the shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting naked, and I'm about to get in The phone's face timing.
Speaker 6: The phone is on the sink.
Speaker 3: I swipe right to answer the FaceTime as I lean out of frame to turn the shower nozzle on. By the time I have leant back into frame, it has answered.
Speaker 6: It's connected.
Speaker 4: I've gone smack bang, Hey babe, look down the barrel. He's in the car driving with his.
Speaker 6: Mum and his sister, all on face time.
Speaker 4: How much did they see them nude?
Speaker 8: I have you should if I was stopped dropping roll personified.
Speaker 4: I dropped to the ground and I rolled out.
Speaker 6: I was like, how squealing?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Naked squealing on the ground.
Speaker 8: That's even worse.
Speaker 4: That's what I did. I squereled, drop, rolled out. I don't naked picking there was a fire and stopped my eye because then I still wanted to impress them. So my eyes went around the corner of the frame of the door, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, hi, guys, and.
Speaker 4: It was just like just my eyes.
Speaker 6: That was my impression.
Speaker 2: Did they see, like and how much did they see? Give us a don't give us a demonstration, but tell us how much they saw.
Speaker 8: The only coverage I had was some natural body hair.
Speaker 1: Oh, just just to give you, I didn't. I didn't expect that either, or you far away? This is too much is the basin covering the crotch.
Speaker 3: I was like half a meter away, guys, I don't know how many he was probably on an iPad.
Speaker 6: Everything blown up.
Speaker 2: By thinking face and potentially tor so like you know a little bit of it, a little bit boo.
Speaker 8: Well, like I didn't have one leg cocked up, shaving the leg or something.
Speaker 4: Imagine Anyway, I nearly died.
Speaker 8: He everyone started laughing.
Speaker 3: They said, bless their souls, but they didn't see.
Speaker 2: But that's they always say nothing And babe, a bit of notice.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna call me, if you're gonna call me your whole family, surely you're gonna give a heads up, right.
Speaker 4: Especially when you know you don't answer a FaceTime. Now, it's not my boss, and it's.
Speaker 6: Got Tony from radio.
Speaker 4: It could be anywhere. He could be walking down the street. It could be in Westfield like, it could be anywhere.
Speaker 8: And the man knows I love to be nude, so you should know better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's blame him then. Stuff anyway, that's my I don't know. I'm probably never in it to the family Christmas party.
Speaker 4: They will your dad, father to be it's always one that goes too far.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 5: No, he's going to be mad.
Speaker 1: He's going to go I'm going to start driving with you, Ben, Why don't we start driving more together? Yeah, yeah, you know what we need some father and son. Let's do it, not drive. It's so good Will and Woody are up next to drive you home. The very last show before Woods goes into the jungle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's out of here.
Speaker 6: Let's pray for him.
Speaker 5: He's our very own, so we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,