Speaker 1: Do you know what I think we've lost the art of Yeah, the art of writing a complaint letter.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're such a Charen.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not a Karen, but I do take after Shirley Phillippy, my late nana. She used to love writing a letter to the editor. She'd write letters to the Mercury all the time, complaining about something that happened in the world.
Speaker 3: You're one of those people that just like doesn't write any good feedback, but like you'll write to a restaurant review.
Speaker 1: Or no, disagree. I'm all for good reviews, but I'm also all for bad reviews when it's like, you know, a metered response. The reason why we're talking about this is because there's been a debate that has been sparked across the internet over the last couple of days, and now a lot of these sort of leaving a note like you know, you're I'm angry about this. I'm going to leave a note or come back to parking or it comes back to cars. So here's the note. And tell me if you think that this is in fact or not in fact, polite.
Speaker 2: Lauri, you wrote this note.
Speaker 1: I did not write this note. No, No, this is just something that I found very interesting. Polite notice, would you kindly refrain from parking your vehicle outside my house us for days on end. A few hours or a day is acceptable. Although you are of course legally within your rights to park outside my home, please have some common courtesy and consideration and park on the opposite side of the road when there is space available. Thank you. So what is happening in this situation is the person is parking their car. There's no other houses on the opposite side of the road, but they've parked their car in front of this person's house, and they will leave it there for weeks on end, Like they're not using the car all the time, and they just leave it. We live in like the city, which I think when you live in the city, you don't really get the opportunity, like you're not really paying attention to who's parking in front of the house. But if you're in the suburbs, you know, if there is a car that's been left there for weeks on end.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter where you are. You don't own the road. Anybody can park anywhere they want if it's a public parking area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is public, but I mean it annoys you because you don't want to look at the same car every day.
Speaker 4: Sorry, you don't.
Speaker 3: Get that choice.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about if it's like a boat or a trailer that.
Speaker 2: Is different.
Speaker 1: They've got to be a limit.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't leave your caravan. God, you're such a.
Speaker 4: Why tell me why not? If it's a public If it's public parking, you, as a taxpayer, pay for those roads. Tell me, tell me why you can't park there, because I can guarantee, mich if you could afford a boat, you'd want to park it.
Speaker 2: You're Rupert Murdock in this very moment. Thank you. If it is a street, if you are Trump, but I'm come on, I'm in the right. If the street is full of residence, If the street is full of residents, Brittany, the residents have a right to park outside their house. You should not take up three, four or five spots with your boat.
Speaker 1: Do you know what this reminds me of. It reminds me when you get on a plane and people get angry about the overhead baggage and people always want to put their bag above their seat, and if they get to their seat and it's full, people kick off.
Speaker 2: That annoys me too, because there's nothing worse than going up to your seat. Someone's got all their baby bags in there, so you've got to go halfway up the cockpit to put your bag.
Speaker 1: I totally agree. I'm saying this is the same situation, very different.
Speaker 3: I stretch, Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: Can I say something, girls, I had the opposite of this on the weekend at the front of your house, Brett. Parking is pretty hard in the city area, and I got to my car and there was a note on it that said, Hey, I'm struggling to find a park. I'm trying to visit my elderly nan. When you leave, can you text me? And I thought, is this a prank? Is this I don't know? So I text her I said, hey, leaving, not joking. Two minutes later, a car turns around, hiding from around the corner and goes, oh my god, thank you. I gave him my spot. She cried her eyes out and said I just could not get a park. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's a really nice one. I mean, I was talking about the complaint letters the left on cars, But that's a lovely one.
Speaker 4: Mitch.
Speaker 1: It's nice.
Speaker 3: What I mean, Well, just away from the complaints.
Speaker 2: It's nice to have it.
Speaker 3: It was nice to have a positivevent. Talking about positive vents, I need to talk to you about something that you did on the news a couple of months ago. I saw you make a news appearance.
Speaker 1: Mitch, Wait, what was this? What did I miss?
Speaker 2: I didn't even know, Laura, that I was on the news.
Speaker 1: You are pretty popular. I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I I did something, but I didn't realize would be sent and put on the news. I wasn't aware that it wasn't live, it was recorded, and I've made it. I've made it full of myself.
Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you see the old Mitch saying I didn't even know I was on the news. When you see what he did, you'll know that he knew.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait to find out.
Speaker 2: Maybe I put a bit of powder on. I'll play the Javy audio too after this on the pickup