Speaker 1: People do some weird ship. This is it.
Speaker 2: This is a big one.
Speaker 1: This is for the girls, this one. Some things make more sense than the others.
Speaker 2: Whimsy lowhand punched in the feast after trying to take a boy away from a mother. You're a good little boy.
Speaker 1: I won't be even enjoy the kill. Please yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 3: That's the line.
Speaker 2: I see it quite clearly.
Speaker 1: Get new glasses. Just a couple of mitches said one.
Speaker 2: Mitch is clearly better than the other one.
Speaker 1: Now he is mich Julie and Mitchell coo. You just chose the worst moment to take a giant bite.
Speaker 2: It's a breath moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, you did that on purpose.
Speaker 2: I'm eating food for a reason. Everyone, I'm not just groat you remember when Merlin came out on Big Brother with his mouth shut. Gretel was similar level of protest. Today, M'll be eating my favorite fast food red Rooster, all show out of protest for a very good reason. It's a dark time for bred reesa fans like me.
Speaker 1: Later, all right, he's furious. Plus, it is Halloween this week in a couple of days. Well, I love holidays.
Speaker 2: Did you see the amount of people in the suburb trick or treating tonight because time of record for us today is the Saturday before Halloween, and there's so many people out.
Speaker 1: Are you being serious? Yes, I didn't see any kids.
Speaker 2: I didn't know because it's one of those weird ones where Halloween's midweek this year.
Speaker 1: So they can't get treat I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: Well, I reckon there still will be people trick or treating on the actual night plus the Saturday or Friday after. It's like, when do you do it?
Speaker 1: And also who teas that up? Is like a universal mum.
Speaker 2: Group who makes the decisions exactly right? When do we trick your treating this year? Listen here, mums.
Speaker 1: We're doing it on the Saturday before. We'll push book club the week after.
Speaker 2: Madeline's got dancing on Wednesday night. We just can't do it. I think it's a Thursday.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Tristan's got physio anyway, it's Halloween Day. So I thought we do a challenge that I've seen floating around, inspired by the Zach Sang show in La popular radio show There Radio Guy Love Miss Radio. It's called the Jack o'lantin challenge. You don't know what it is, so we'll be competing in a Halloween theme challenge at the end of the show. Well, can you just maybe wait a little bit to just jumping down that chicken?
Speaker 2: I'm eating grad roofster throughout the entire note today, but prote.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, why don't I go first with my agem while you just suck your fingers the show?
Speaker 2: Each week? Right each?
Speaker 1: I like to call them I gems, and they are a question that really no one needs the answer.
Speaker 2: For, but observations people didn't ask. Correct, That's how we've branded it. But yes, we can show with the one each and we don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: No, exactly right, we're both a surprises each other.
Speaker 2: Stuff my faith with the rooster roll while you tell me what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Stuff whatever you want. We'll jump into the first gem of the show.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Went on for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Bradley gets carried away. Sometimes pay him too, that's good energy?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Nice? Classic determinute noodles take so much longer than two minutes to actually make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I usually I usually allow it solid two thirty I will I have two.
Speaker 1: Noodles a lot on the show that I do at radio at night because I can't cook, I'm here late, I don't have much time in between songs. Can Billy let alone go and make myself and me it's true?
Speaker 2: What do you mean barely pooh? Like you were tempted, but in the fifty percent like I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've done that before. What is it?
Speaker 2: I don't what Sorry, I'm bogged down on that bogg.
Speaker 1: Say that I'm half pooh.
Speaker 2: There's not that's a lot. While you're there, you're made as well get it over and done with.
Speaker 1: You because I hear I know, I've got Shakira and then I've got Rihanna, and then so I'll pooh during Shakira. Then I'm like ill wipe during Rihanna. But sometimes you know, there's a lot more volume than expected, so it will it will take too long, so I'll have to sort of get as do a good as job as I can. That's not why I'm talking. Carry on, two minute noodles do not do not take two minutes to cook.
Speaker 2: For some reason, everyone's just universally accepted that it's false advertising.
Speaker 1: Exactly. No one, no, one cares and I made two minute noodles on my show, and this is what made me think of it. And I dove straight in, put put the seasoning in, and then I dove in when I drained the little water off it.
Speaker 2: And so you left it for two minutes to actually two minutes.
Speaker 1: Actually two minutes, because I know right left it for two minutes, and I go to eat and half of the strands are.
Speaker 2: Still hard, they're still raw.
Speaker 1: That's not on. So that I thought, well, why don't I go to the website and see what they said? You thought that I wanted a bit more substance in this.
Speaker 2: They've got a common sense and cook them a bit longer.
Speaker 1: They've got a whole fact section.
Speaker 2: And you know fac FAQ, yes, frequently asked question.
Speaker 1: I had no idea, that's what it meant.
Speaker 2: Really, yep, what did you think of what was fac? I thought the fact? I thought that was the word fact.
Speaker 1: I thought fac was like a word.
Speaker 2: It's frequently asked question, okay, and one of them is why the fuck is it taking more than two minutes to cook two minute noodle?
Speaker 1: Correct? Someone says it takes me longer than two minutes to make the noodles. What am I doing wrong? And they said, our advice is as follows, is a couple one invest in a pressure cooker. Now, Maggie, here's the thing. If you're making two minute noodles, you're in a very certain point in your life where a you can't afford a pressure cooker.
Speaker 2: You're in a certain mindset where you can't be bothered.
Speaker 1: Then yep, three, you probably don't even know what a pressure cooker is. And my uncle uses that all this family dinner is like a pressure cooker. They said, you can pressure cook it for a minute and actually cuts it in half. Like, don't try and pretend you do. Favor. Then they said, you can boil two hundred mills of water on a stovetop and add the noodles in, and the boiling water will do it quicker. Then microwaved or in the microwave, or just jug water like real boiled on a flame will cook it quicker.
Speaker 2: No too much effort, tend to I've just operated on the assumption that a kettle does boil water boiling exactly what the hell why does it not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my point. It goes on forever. Anyway. I found a forum on Reddit and someone.
Speaker 2: Says this investigation did you go? Do you don't have more happening in your life?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, this is this really got me. So this is Has anyone successfully sued Magie for its claim of two minute noodles when it clearly takes longer than that? No? No, no, no, no no. And someone says, yes, I've taken it to the district attorney. What and they are yet to respond. That was only a couple of days ago. So clearly this is topical. So I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna wait for a response. Anyway, Magie going down.
Speaker 2: You should follow these idiots online.
Speaker 3: Search a couple of miches you're listening to?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? And now I'm hungry? And you still body eating every chance you?
Speaker 2: Okay, I am.
Speaker 1: They haven't offered me any yet.
Speaker 2: The Red roofs the protest is on the way, people, I'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: The only thing I will eat from Red Rooster is the pineapple fritters. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got some if you want them, yeah, chuck it. Do you not like the chippies? Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, the chips are good, but chips are chips? Like you can't get a pineapple fritterer. Anywhere you want a pineapple freeder. At midnight on a Thursday, you go to Redder Rooster. Oh have you had one of these? Yeah, of course I have.
Speaker 2: I'm a massive Red Rooster fanboy. That's why I'm putting on this big song and dance today.
Speaker 1: It's like deep fried ice cream in a Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 2: I just need a minute.
Speaker 1: It's very greasy. Okay, Halloween coming up, very exciting rhetoruster's coming up. You're ready to jump into your region.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's get into my Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Would you have absolutely no qualms dating someone who's.
Speaker 1: Married, so I would be dating someone who is in to someone else.
Speaker 2: Yes. Now, I know this is going to send your head into a bit of a spin because you're very needy and like paranoid when it comes to like exes and relationships and stuff like that. But hear me out, because I was watching the Bachelorette. Oh there's your first I'm a little bit behind. This is old news to some people. But Angie Kent our current bachelorette.
Speaker 1: Well from goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, she was on a date with Carlin and then Carlin was his name.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a baby from twenty nineteen, Carlin with a Z in the middle. Yes, Carlin.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she was on a date with Carlin and they're setting this bombshell up like it's going to be absolutely explosive. Right, this is what happened.
Speaker 5: I am married, Okay, we've been apart for a year and a half, so we're chatting and then all of a sudden, Carlin.
Speaker 1: Dropped a huge truth bomb right in my face.
Speaker 5: You know, so we filed for divorce and stuff, and I suppose that's sort of just the last stage of that, so it hasn't been final.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they haven't even finalized into the divorce.
Speaker 2: Holy duly.
Speaker 1: It just really made me start thinking, you know, are you ready? Are you here for the right reasons? Sometimes we do crazy things when we're trying to get over somebody, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Very dramatic, right, Although all that stuff I know.
Speaker 1: In the heart rate monitor in the background, I know exactly. It's not like I was on rbt B B boo b B.
Speaker 2: Very unnecessary if you ask me, because when I heard, oh, he's still currently technically married, he's not officially divorced yet, and starting to date again. I was like, that sounds completely normal to me because my mother, her first husband she married when she was only eighteen, turned out to be a massive mistake.
Speaker 1: Obviously, country life.
Speaker 2: No, this is when she was still in the city, the city girls.
Speaker 1: Sorry, how dare I Jane? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, And it didn't work out. Apparently he didn't treat her overally nicely.
Speaker 1: Amen, get out of there, Jane.
Speaker 2: How you can be married to my Janey babe and not realize the other the luckiest person in the world is beyond me. But anyway, she got out of there, and by the time she started dating Ian, my father, the second husband, she wasn't officially divorced yet. She was still technically married to the first husband, and Ian didn't care.
Speaker 1: You're an offspring of this exact situation. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when they were acting like it's this massive bombshell with these absurd sound effects, I was like, calm down, it's not that bad. Like I feel like, if you add this sound effect to anything, it's going to instantly make something sound more extreme than it actually is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Mitch, I'm meeting red Rooster right now. I just started typing there's grease on my keyboard, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I know, exactly so unnecessary to build it up as though it's such a big thing. Yeah, people fall in and out of love, whatever that happens. I don't know why she's like tripping out.
Speaker 1: Do you think that she had any involvement in that being as dramatic as it was, or they told her to make a dramatic I mean, you know what.
Speaker 2: These reality shows are like, they're heavily produced and edited. But even then, what makes the producers and editors think that that's something that's such a bombshell? I bet all the people at home were being like, oh, that's shocking. He's not even divorced yet. That's not okay. And it's like it happens like you have to be separated for ages before you can officially get a divorce.
Speaker 1: But imagine being the editor in the editing booth being like, this will be great, this will be it's the sound effects, Tim, we can put this out of the new ones that you've made over Christmas, will use them here. Holy dully, she said, Holy doolly.
Speaker 2: Ah week about the big sound effect. It's extreme, but to me it doesn't seem that extreme.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't at all. Will you and I often have dramatic moments with each other.
Speaker 2: I don't know it. To me, I'm perfectly ration the little time.
Speaker 1: I feel like this needs to be our text time. Just oh, Mitch's just text me not.
Speaker 2: But I did don't like the idea of people like my mother who had been in that situation, sitting at home being made to feel bad by sound effects like this. Oh, I guess I'm just a slut. Then it's like, no, it's normal to fall in and out, in and out of love occasionally. You know, these things happen exactly.
Speaker 1: Right, and this isn't happening in real life. The only place that this situation happens is on TV shows. You don't got to Coles, y'ah, I'll just get my Flybys. Sorry, my Flybys buzzer is broken. It's just who doesn't happen trying to reckon?
Speaker 2: Absolutely imagine that.
Speaker 1: Don't not to church on a Sunday. Oh god, my donation donations, donation.
Speaker 2: With a collection plant?
Speaker 1: Can I just play?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Let me get my world? Oh no, left it in the car. Get out of this.
Speaker 3: You're listening to is it just me. Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 5: Can't think of anything nice to say, Just hit five stars and tell them why you'd rather be buried or cremated.
Speaker 1: God, I tell you why you'll be body buried soon. With the amount of body fat gun into your system. Every sound effect I've played on today's show, you've taken it as an opportunity to shove your face full a red Rooster.
Speaker 2: It's getting cold, of course it is. But wait for the end of the show. Oh God, I can feel the hiccups coming to try to eat it so quickly.
Speaker 1: I can see a thin lay of grease on your lips forming and salt. That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Red Rooster chips, I'm sorry. Better than cave see better than.
Speaker 1: Maca up there. Caves have the best chips. We can agree. Rubbish they do cavec do. You're a real Red Rooster fan, especially considering they've been put to rest.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly why I've been eating Red Rooster out of protest. Yes, today, I'm finally ready to reveal the reason. I saw an article this week that really upset me. It said red Rooster looks to be in dire straits as seven more stores suddenly closed down. The branches in Queensland were put into voluntary administration, with over one hundred staff losing their job. Now here's the killer. There are fears more stores are on the chopping block as the fast food company struggles to compete and stay up to date with changing consumer preferences. I don't know why consumer's preferences are changing. You can't beat this shit. You don't need to change.
Speaker 1: Oh it is chicken though, Yeah, but listen, listen to you chewing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all these doores are shutting down at such a rapid rate. Yes, none of New South Wales's doores have closed down, but all these ones in Queensland. It does herald the end of red rooster as we know it does. It could be gone.
Speaker 1: Now I am not. There was never a red rooster in my neighborhood growing up, so it wasn't something I had, but I felt for you. Being a country boy, you know, red rooster for yours. I lobs the morning for me growing up.
Speaker 2: I know that the weirdest thing about me moving to the city because back in the country, red rooster is considered just as good as all the other fast foods like macasin KFC. Right, and then I moved to the god awful city of Sydney and the amount of idiots that have said to me, I've never had red rooster. I was so shocked. I thought it was normal for everyone, but now that it could be gone.
Speaker 1: But why have red ruster? You can have a porto with Perry Perry and a prey Go sauce.
Speaker 2: Because it's red rooster.
Speaker 1: This is the bad. Well, you know what. This just goes to show how good a friend I am. I've been up all night watching YouTube tutorials about how to make a rooster roll.
Speaker 2: Yes, you said you've tried to comfort me somehow.
Speaker 1: Because I thought, if you can, if I can get you a recipe that you can replicate it at home, even though there's no red roosters left, you'll still be able to enjoy the taste of whatever the shit that is that you claim is good.
Speaker 2: It's like when people build like forts. You know that we're preparing for the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if.
Speaker 2: Red rooster heaven, but it does shut down in New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will get.
Speaker 2: Some company out of knowing that you've taught me how to diy at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, my grandfather used to say, you know, we used to make bomb shelters in the playground shelters. Did you ever get by? And he's like, no, no, we played in them. So this is just a safety. This is a backup.
Speaker 2: So I've got you're teaching me how to make a red rooster roll.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got you've got an actual rooster role there to go off. I don't do a little tastest as well, but I've been to cols.
Speaker 2: Hang on, sorry, have you don't had a red rooster?
Speaker 1: Well, I've never had a bullshit, but I want to wait, do you never mentioned I've never had one?
Speaker 2: The red rooster role is essentially there's a bread roll with chicken like barbecue chicken, bit of stuffing in there and mayonnaise chicken. It doesn't sound complex, but they must do something special.
Speaker 1: Almost just heaven. So I hope you don't mind my raw fingers because I've just oh my god, it's fine, we're fine.
Speaker 2: Look at you little nigella over there. You've got quite the setup. It's like a cooking tutorial, all right. At home. Red rooster roll, the billowing breast as she uses alliteration.
Speaker 1: Ye, bustling with brown salt diskin.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe people who have access to red roosters that still haven't tried it. Like, what are you doing? Though?
Speaker 1: This is the nicest thing I ever, don't fear look at you, my favorite Simith.
Speaker 2: I was inconsolable, Like, it's fine, it's fine, you were You can prepare for the worst.
Speaker 1: This is a very good chicken too. Now show me the role. Is they stuff it or is it stingy? I reckon, it's stingy.
Speaker 2: I thought you're watching YouTube tutorials. Mate.
Speaker 1: Look I've watched jututorials, but I want it. They've got a real one in front of it.
Speaker 2: It's chocolate block.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of chicken in that. Okay, that's why they go and redundant. They put a whole breast per roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. You wouldn't get that kind of treatment of McDonald's.
Speaker 1: They said seven seven stores have been closed. I'm so all of them all right. So I've put the chicken in the bowl. I'm adding some mayonnaise now in the tutorial. In the tutorial, he suggests full whole egg mayonnaise because there's no there's no recipe online. It's like seven secret herbs and spices mayonnaise with salt and pepper. So I'm putting in the mayo. Now this is oh god, how much reckon A good amount?
Speaker 2: Looks now, this is actually interesting because I thought that it was going to be really straightforward chicken on a bunch. Bitter mate, You're all good, but you're mixing the chicken in with the mayo in a bowl separately. Yes, oh, ship, you're already more advanced than me.
Speaker 1: This is what they do because open your dry button. That's what they do the chicken. The chicken is embedded with the sauce. It's all one globuly texture.
Speaker 2: That's as when you peel at apart. It's a bit gross, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Moisture?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can see my reflection in the grease. That's the kind of chicken sandwhich I like.
Speaker 1: Make that your tender. Buy it. Take a photo off. Hold on, this is the text you want. The guy said you wanted to stick to the side of the bowl in the tutorial.
Speaker 2: Ready, that rang.
Speaker 1: That is awful. Cross. Let me just try this quickly.
Speaker 2: Don't chew into the microphone.
Speaker 1: That's good stuff, all right. I got a hot dog bun. Real faith, my god, fake looking bun.
Speaker 2: This kind of does look like the red rooster.
Speaker 1: It took me so long to find them. The guy, of course, he was rural to one of your kind, and he said to me inside, to me, I don't know who, he said on YouTube. He didn't talk to me. He said on YouTube. He only has an I G A in his area, poor thing, so he only yeah. But he couldn't get these type of buns that were fake and buttery. He could only get the real, you know, stone Earth country buns.
Speaker 2: I hate those buns, the ones that feel like they're going to cut the roof of your mouth and your bite intoday.
Speaker 1: And they get between your teeth and they stay there for days.
Speaker 2: If anyone whips those out. A dead took at this.
Speaker 1: This is what you want, sweet like full of preservatives.
Speaker 2: It never occurred to me that they use something similar to a hot dog.
Speaker 1: Showing the camera it's just mayo. It's just chicken. It's salty, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: Hot dog bun. You mix around the chicken with some mayo. Bob's your uncle, Roberts, your mother's brother.
Speaker 1: You know what My grandfather's name is Bob, So, my, my, my, all my family, go, Bob's your uncle, he's your granddad.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Saren.
Speaker 1: My grandma's divorced him. She's like, that's not your uncle, that's me X's grandfather. Don't say that.
Speaker 2: It never occurred to me that grandparents split up. I just thought, but old people just don't, even if they hate each other's gup.
Speaker 1: No, I've got a step grandma, really, and she's twenty years younger than my grandfather.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating.
Speaker 1: She's lovely, and it's Kathleen. Wouldn't listen to this, or she might like Kathleen, Ah, this looks really good.
Speaker 2: Pis of it actually looks like a rooster.
Speaker 1: It's split in the middle. But that's okay. It just means it's we all.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's throwing it to the camera.
Speaker 1: All right, bring it over to you.
Speaker 2: Please, all right, very simile.
Speaker 1: I have to say I've done very well for myself.
Speaker 2: I have to say the hot dog bun that you've gotten, although it looks very similar, it's just not moist enough. I don't know what red roofs now. That I think about it, that's a bit disturbing that the bund they use has got a lot of web. Yeah it's soggy. Maybe its because they steam it, but yours is dry as all shit.
Speaker 1: Probably they probably probably dip them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm about to do the taste tad.
Speaker 1: Okay, so take a bite. Because she's not a blind tasting no straight away, I'd be able.
Speaker 2: To tell them apart now. And I'm a red fan.
Speaker 1: Take a bite of the chicken, the original.
Speaker 2: Og red rooster. I think it's ruth roll. I keep saying red Rooster roll anyways, Like.
Speaker 1: Why is this the bun look like a chittaki mushroom. It's wet and glistening like it's rubbery.
Speaker 2: So what should be why not? Sorry, it is my one that I made Mitchell's di y rip off on.
Speaker 1: This is dramatic as possible. Please wait there, wait there, I can get you a drone. What just like a like a dramatic dr are you and your sound effects? Mate?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it's like The Bachelor atte music?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh no, hurry no, what no, what do you mean? Hold on?
Speaker 2: It's just sorry. I know that you're trying to do your best, but it just tastes so homemade.
Speaker 1: Oh like, oh dry ad? Really? What can I do.
Speaker 2: Why does that chicken taste like tuna?
Speaker 1: Does it need more matoe?
Speaker 2: Possibly? Or just maybe you get one of those spray bottles so that if it gets a bit of moist. I don't know how to make the I don't know how to make the bread soggy like red rooster?
Speaker 1: Do it's oil?
Speaker 2: That's I'm sorry. That just tastes homemade. But it tastes like it's missing the coal flaw.
Speaker 1: There's no coal saw in it.
Speaker 2: I know, but it tastes like something that you would eat with coal saw at a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Okay, Can I try go dry?
Speaker 2: And I try slately? No good, But somehow that chicken taste like tuna. I don't know how you've managed that one. Here go handing it over to you. See what I mean. Tastes like something you'd have at a barbecue or.
Speaker 1: A picnic that Auntie Julie had made.
Speaker 2: She does the best Auntiejill. She gets a barbecue chik and a bit of bread, and that's like, that's lunch. Kids, don't complain.
Speaker 1: You need a drink with this or it will get stuck in your ry. I'll give this to my cousin who's a laboring. Use it as jip rock paste. Put together a house. Okay, all right, I'll try the Red Roosters. Is there stuffing on these? I think there is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bit.
Speaker 1: That's what the YouTube it didn't include. I have to go back and dislikes you. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: You've had some You had a bite?
Speaker 1: Is that moisture from your lips?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Roll is dripping in moisture?
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know how they do. It's almost like they left it out in the jew Does your grass not get gew on it?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is good.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. You can't beat This is why I'm so upset the Red Rooster, even though there's you know, there's no announcement or expectation and close down in New South Wales, but it's dark days to them. It's why I'm so worried. If they're gone from my life, I have nothing to replace it with.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong because I'm not helping out for your show.
Speaker 2: Was absolutely no good you're listening to.
Speaker 3: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of minches.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 1: I thought I was doing you a favor. I thought I was helping out.
Speaker 2: I just want to make my point. Known through this protest that Red Ruso deserves better. All right, if you haven't tried to go out and try it and let me know what you think.
Speaker 1: There's something actually horrific to happen in your life, or you don't have much going on. I know I can't wait for a real course. The same sex marriage didn't even batt nyilid. What do you mean you didn't do a thing?
Speaker 2: Why are you saying that?
Speaker 1: Because I'm saying you put so much time and effort into the red Rooster campaign and you barely botter jests.
Speaker 2: I went to all the fucking marriage equality protests. Where were you in the closet? It's very bold of you to assume that I didn't do anything for marriage equality? What did you do?
Speaker 1: I did a lot.
Speaker 2: You're probably a no voter at the time. You are a freshy fuck off.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't made a joke. You do help my community, and I did too, but at the time it was with my girlfriend. So it's very different really anyway.
Speaker 2: But between marriage equality and red Ruth, of those the two corns close to my heart.
Speaker 1: If there was a Venn diagram, the two things that you loved chicken and cock all right, well, cock and cock. So let's move on to in a couple of days. It is going to be Halloween.
Speaker 2: I thought, bit sorry, I'm just finishing off my.
Speaker 1: Over. It is a Halloween and I love a fan. I love getting dressed up of getting I love Christmas a fair time. And this is a challenge that they saw trending. It was on the Zach Sang Show and then Z one hundred in New York did a lot of radio station to doing it. It basically jackalanterns, you know, big pumpkins. Right, it's very American, you know, shout out to our American viewer, got one of the moment. So what I've done is I've gone and got u two jackalanterns. Now, I've actually chosen them. Took me about twenty minutes at the grocery store. It's going to go over and get them, really yeah, because I chose them based on our head sizes.
Speaker 2: Our headside Arthur. One gigantic that view and the other one's elongated and perfect, elongated and imperfect.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got your full tray. Okay. So I'm sensing that we're going to be doing the carving, right, So you love a DIY today. Don't you know.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of money at cold It.
Speaker 2: Feels like the living room. How to make chicken roll?
Speaker 1: I'm mcglan president. Okay, so we have two minutes on the clock to make two minutes two minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing. I thought you were going to show me exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not showing you jack shit.
Speaker 2: Please tell me to bit.
Speaker 1: Oh it's heavy.
Speaker 2: Please tell me this pumpkins bloody. Let's drop them at the same time.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, stop stock. The light's back.
Speaker 2: Would not go.
Speaker 1: That was bad. I think something snapped over there.
Speaker 2: Not do that again. Ship even hollow. Please tell me you didn't just buy fucking pumpkin.
Speaker 1: No, I walked straight into coals and they had Halloween pumpkins.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, good, Oh I'll buy them.
Speaker 1: So I've got You've got a couple of utensils. Number one a rolling pin.
Speaker 2: What's that for?
Speaker 1: Well, that's too you want if you want to go kind of creepy and go like a brain oozing you know what I mean? You could do like a bant force trauma on the top.
Speaker 2: Used. Man, you've got a cookie dough on it.
Speaker 1: That's stole it from the work kitchen.
Speaker 2: Phil.
Speaker 1: You've also got a pairing knife, very sharp. Be careful. This is for fine carvings or indentse. You got a sharpie you can draw stuf and a spoon to scoop the guts out.
Speaker 2: Have you ever made a jack o lantern before carving?
Speaker 1: I have? I have, yes, So.
Speaker 2: You're in an advantage.
Speaker 1: But years ago when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're basically gonna we've got a two minute time And did you say?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Two minute time? J woin to market your sketch first, because I actually thought I might do you.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going to do one of me? Well, then why have you got the big pump ka?
Speaker 1: We should actually do each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a portrait. Carve me like one of your French fat bucks. Here you go? All right?
Speaker 1: All right? So let's I'll get you some drawing music.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I didn't know there was such a thing as drawing.
Speaker 1: Music can make it happen? Yeah, what makes you think this is drawing? Is calming? What else? Dold you want something else?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Am I trying to make this accurate? Because I thought the eyes that you carve are like big triangles.
Speaker 1: Art is meant to be whatever you want it to be. You can do a sort of cartoon version of me. This music sounds like we're at a funeral.
Speaker 2: All right. I'm doing the carvingka and then so we have a two minute timer to actually carve the basket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doing the drawing. You mean well, you're doing the drawing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not carving. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Okay, can you give me a look? Can you look towards me? I haven't said this before. You're beautiful?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: You're covered in a thin layer of sweat right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, your eyes beady like a rat.
Speaker 2: I beg your pardon. Can we get rid of this violin music? Thank you so much. Andre.
Speaker 1: That's enough? All right, I don't know I'm going to do the hair. I'm gonna work it out. Are you ready, because I've got I've come very prepared for Halloween. I've got everything you'd ever need. What do you mean well with the timer? It's fully prepared. I can't prepare everything.
Speaker 2: It's two minutes on the clock to carve this pumpkin, to try and make it look like each other.
Speaker 1: Correct, So if anything. You just don't have to touch yours and let's bang on. Looks just like me. Are you ready? Yeah, chencils in hand? Yep, all right, I'm going to start the timer. Three two one, Happy Halloween. Okay ooh.
Speaker 2: This timer is very like making it sound like it's more intense than it is. It's like the Bachelorette all over again. Oh my god, it's not.
Speaker 1: Don't rush, don't hurt yourself. Don't.
Speaker 2: I've only got two minutes.
Speaker 1: So what you should do is you should cut and then you should This is not easy. Oh my god, I will help you.
Speaker 2: How it's making me so nervous. Oh god, it's not even hollow.
Speaker 1: Both of my eyes are.
Speaker 2: Out, it's not even hollow. There's pumpkin guts all through it, yucky, just like me. I hate pumpkin. Yeah, there's not actual contents in there, just a lot of muck and go. That's like your brain looks Voldemort.
Speaker 1: Hey, not intentionally, all right.
Speaker 2: I was like, excuse me, for the love of God with that earlier.
Speaker 1: That was you, that was me, That was my count impression from Sesame Street ah a going.
Speaker 2: Up the pumpkin all over my shirt. I, oh, dear, idea.
Speaker 1: I'm changing utensils?
Speaker 2: What what? What?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why are you bashing me?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Why are you using that instead of.
Speaker 1: An Just trust me?
Speaker 2: I don't ship to much time left?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Oh I hate this challenge?
Speaker 1: What do you hurt the man? He thought, don't make him mad?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, this is really difficult, my risks, I thought, well, flashback what nothing?
Speaker 1: Flashpec to ween?
Speaker 2: Nothing. I think it's us No, nothing, not, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I think it's your hair.
Speaker 2: I can't get it out. Oh god, I'm going to bash it with a thing. Okay, No, no, God, that was very dramatic. Why did you do that to me?
Speaker 1: My heart?
Speaker 2: My heart breaks way up?
Speaker 1: Oh what you had fresh punkin before? It's delicious?
Speaker 2: No, it's rank. I hate pumpkin in general.
Speaker 1: All right, on three turn and it should be like looking into a mirror. One two three A.
Speaker 2: You've made me look really cranky.
Speaker 1: Listeners at home, that is a very good impression.
Speaker 2: See what I was trying to do here was I was going to cut the mouth out and then repurpose that bit of pumpkin as your quiff. But it fell in when I was trying to cut it out, and so true to life, much like you would with food in your mouth, refusing to let go of it. You're clinging onto that food for dear life, like it's the most precious thing you've ever encountered. It won't come out. That's not a bad No, it's out.
Speaker 1: Oh that was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pumpkin actually.
Speaker 1: Looks like, oh my god, I have my permission.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: That actually looks a lot like me.
Speaker 2: You've got a quiff, all right, cookie.
Speaker 1: Run the people through what it looks like. It's an audio medium.
Speaker 2: I just explained that. And also this is going to be up on our Instagram and faithbook, right, yes, at a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Now, the thing is, I think you've lost points because there's just no nose, and I've got quite well, I've gotten to everything. I'll start mine. What I've done for yours is I try to tried to emulate your sort of dead behind the eye. Look you know what I mean, sort of I beg your cold, cold demeanor. Okay, sure, but beautiful and warm on the inside. That's the point. Stop working, I guess you can. We've done. Now. What I've done for you is the high eyebones. Did you see that you've got like cheekbones quite high. That's why I've made you ryes quite high. Up You've got quite high cheekbones at the compliment. Sadly, the haggard smile is true to life. There's a scowl that's sort of set in stone, constant day by day, Monday through Sunday.
Speaker 2: I don't look thrilled there, you really don't.
Speaker 1: The nose isn't accurate, it's a bit big. But I think overall we'll let Instagram decide what who won.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's pretty clear to both of us who won, not me. Wof you've done too di wise that I got to Mitch Cheery tutorials and both have been epic failed. You literally choked on the rooster role and this looks like roadkill. Well, I hope you're proud of yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I am proud of myself. I'm happy with this effort. Okay, Well to go though, Okay, we'll put this on our Instagram at couple of mitches. We'll put both of them up. You can compare, you can vote on there. Hey, it's been a real pleasure. What a great show.
Speaker 2: Happy Halloween to that.
Speaker 1: You've got guts all over your hands.
Speaker 2: I do I don't like this at all. I've got between the red rooster and the pumpkins I've just covered in remnant.
Speaker 1: Also, I've leant on the desk here to sort of move my body weight up, and I feel like we broke something when we dropped the two plo.
Speaker 2: Through the desk here in Kylon daki Oth Radio studio is now teetering not good. Maybe next week on the show, that could be a doy how to repair the studio.
Speaker 1: Watch some YouTube to talk good. Next week on the show, my delivery should be here. So I got a notification. If this is a throwback to episode one or two, I can't even remember.
Speaker 2: I think it's true been a running thing on the show here because in episode one I told you that I have a tape measure from Ali Express that only cost me. Was it fifty two per cent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fifty three fifty two cents?
Speaker 2: And I said, my question was, how the hell did that make anyone money? Because fifty two cents including postage, that's literally it would have cost way more than that to make the tape measure.
Speaker 1: Surely everyone's at a loss.
Speaker 2: And then you said you could find something even cheaper than that, and I.
Speaker 1: Have rubbish, but there's something wrong.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I've been sent some notifications from the company that are posting it, and there are some weird There are some weird things in it. That's very odd.
Speaker 2: Some weird things in the package.
Speaker 1: Now in the notifications, they're saying your order of value dot dot dot and it's a lot higher than I paid.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, well are you even sure that?
Speaker 1: Basically, well, I haven't opened it, I haven't touched it, and I'm going to bring it in and let you open it because I think you're gonna love it. You're actually gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Okay, how big is the package?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it something functional? For thirty nine cents?
Speaker 1: One huntre you are going, I think this will be one of the best presents you've ever received in your life.
Speaker 2: The only clue you gave me was that I have one of these in my bedroom. Yeah, and you would, But this is the version of that. And I've been looking around my bedroom for weeks on end. That's how long it's taken to post this ship, and I cannot find anything like.
Speaker 1: Hey, sirih, can you get car deal?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 1: I don't have an answer.
Speaker 2: To that, as well as that next week on the show, I'm going to be bringing back talkback tings. I bring the little bits of gold that I overhear and when I'm listening to talkback radio, this time it's the John Laws special this time. He's been in radio longer than dinosaurs have been extinct, and he's quite a cranky bar set at times. He's prone to a bit of an outburst, and we're going to be listening to some of them. A right fun alright, seven leave us a review.
Speaker 1: Of course, you guys are coming in hot and heavy. We appreciate it. Five stars keeps us on the air. Absolutely, we're not on the air, but I we'll be back next week.
Speaker 2: You that's a good point. Actually, does this counter as being on the air because it's not actually broadcast, it's on the stream. We're in the cloud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we should coin that for the podcast world.
Speaker 2: We're on the cards. Should and in your back announce or something like that should be met on the cloud.
Speaker 1: We'll got t shirts, write and everything. All right, this week I'm the cloud. I'll leave us a review and we'll see you then.
Speaker 2: Oh god, we're going to be back on the cloud next week.
Speaker 1: Sounds like we're doing Heroin Man.
Speaker 4: We'll get back on the cloud next week more of the Cloud ship Man, which gets anyway, then we should go see it.
Speaker 3: Just move, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is our secret segment. Everyone welcome. I hope to go on. Anyone that's listened to the secret segment before hasn't told anyone about it. So how this works is we just pop in after the show is officially wrapped and we just talked shit aimlessly, nothing planned, nothing structured. And my hope is that no one listens because I worry that it's going to influence their opinion on the show overall. But this happens to be your favorite segment.
Speaker 1: Well, the rules are that you cannot review a based on this segment unless it's good, So you're leaving a.
Speaker 2: Rating on the podcast that is about to be based on the actual show. I mean, if you enjoy this more, I do this five.
Speaker 1: Stars of every abrief, I have to press that.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's called ad debrief, as we both have an inability to focus, and we.
Speaker 1: Just debrief on things that this show is. You know, we plan content ahead of time, believe on not a lot of this we discuss at length.
Speaker 2: And we need pumpkins did and just grow with exactly right.
Speaker 1: And and this is where we get to debrief, talk about some personal stuff to Rey fun you get to know us a bit more.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's that personally we just carry on like idiots. That's us though, that is true, that's so personal.
Speaker 1: There's a button I've got to press, you know what it is? There we go they just activated the live tweets that come in during the show, and or we.
Speaker 2: Got one already.
Speaker 1: You know what, as soon as we turn it on, the tweets fled through hot and heavy.
Speaker 2: Tell surely at some point you're going to stop finding this gag funny. The fact that you can't live tweet a podcast while we're recording, because it's not broadcasting live. No one's here.
Speaker 1: It's to you. Countless times people tweet at us twenty four seven in the hopes we are on and these people just have caught us at a good time. Gladys bear a jeckly out shout girl love the light rail. Let me we'll read one out. So we got a couple going on. Matta Matt Ta tat Matta tat, which I think is a Pokemon reference for rat a tat. Matt. Let us know, Matt says. Matt says, hey, fellas ichim for churity to read out, when did I.
Speaker 2: Are you not making this one up?
Speaker 1: None of them are made up, but no, this one is. You can see.
Speaker 2: Oh look and this actually came through when.
Speaker 1: He says, Matty to tat, Matty ta tat, Matty Tat tat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, okay.
Speaker 1: Matti Tat tat followed me. Very nice guy followed him back, very handsome, Hey, fellas ijim for churity to read out. Is it just me? Or does Mitchell Coombs have the most delightful and relatable pitchy and lispy voice that you can listen to all day?
Speaker 2: Subscribe?
Speaker 1: First of all, you can tell us listen to a couple of episodes. I love that. Second, I want to kiss us. There was a biting there?
Speaker 2: What was it again? He said? The most chy?
Speaker 1: He called you lispy.
Speaker 2: I have a list like that's just saying the obvious.
Speaker 1: True. I guess that's like call me handsome, he says. Does Mitchell Coombs have the most delightful and relatable pitchy and lispy voice that you can listen to all day. Well, fuck, what am I just sweet?
Speaker 2: You've got a radio voice. People have heard your voice a million times, Graham or Graham, I'm pitchy and lispy.
Speaker 1: Apparently your voice is different, which I like, which I really enjoy.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's very sweet, Matt, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got another one coming through.
Speaker 2: It is the same Matt that asked us to give a birthday shout out.
Speaker 1: Ummm I think so, yes this.
Speaker 2: One, yeah Mattie. Yeah, well, happy thirty fifth birthday, Matt.
Speaker 1: Bego Matt.
Speaker 2: Fuck, why are you panicked about his age so much?
Speaker 1: Hope he's got super in line.
Speaker 2: Thirty five is not.
Speaker 1: That old in.
Speaker 2: Twenty nineteen, now that you can't climb.
Speaker 1: All the room, I think that's great.
Speaker 2: Thanks Matt. Thank you for complimenting my voice. It used to be something I was insecure about, but not anymore. Said my own work too much numb to my voice.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. I think you've got a very unique voice. And this is normally where the co host would respond to a compliment me with another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not how it works. Someone read in fan mail for me. I don't have to fucking write it for you.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll have you know, but I've got fan mail too. Go on, I got one more from soaps one two three two one, which is not made up. That's actually her name, she says. Ah, we've got requests, which I think is very exciting because it was the first sound effect request, and you and Janna, the team and the listeners everyone sort of made me feel so self conscious. Oh the sound effects is stupid, They're dumb. Well, I've got sound effect requests, and ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I forgot you've asked for them. Why did you ask for them? Don't encourage in people.
Speaker 1: Aha, it means that my effect and my influence is working. So ladies and gentlemen, for the very first iGEM sound effect request, it is. That's a cash retist asked for that. I just already said her name. Remember, so it's one two three two ones. You left it as a review on podcasts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that you asked people to leave them as a review. I thought you said Twitter. I don't know, but that's fine. That works. The next review, the next review.
Speaker 1: Do you know that song. It's like, all I want to do is, hey, you very similar to that?
Speaker 2: Why are you playing that?
Speaker 1: That's what the song does. All I want to do is what they.
Speaker 2: Got to do with the cash bed did stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what she wants. That's how the song goes. It goes. All I want to do is that's the song? Right? Have you I heard it since some dog Millionaire?
Speaker 2: No, because I'm very confused. Do you think that a machine gun and a cash red through is the same thing? Because they don't sound the same. That's very good.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you want me to be PC and get a stunt gun?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know why there was a chorus of life.
Speaker 2: I stop playing like dark shit. In this section of the podcast, what's something wholesome you did this week? I'm going to light in the mood because I'm thinking of you playing like bullets and killing animals and stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, we'll play something new tunes. Ask ready, there's a bit of fun. I got one more. There's one more request really one podcast? Yes, Hi Connor h nineteen ninety six, he says, live tweet and no we're not supposed.
Speaker 2: To really yes he does. Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 1: The name of the review gave us five stars. Thanks conn He says, Hi, funny, he's good. I need to get that back. I don't know someone doing it. Hi, it's I can just record it.
Speaker 2: Hi, just move on.
Speaker 1: I know we're not supposed to include add brief in the reviews, but Mitch Cherry playing with the sound effects gets me every time. So nice, Thank you, Conny.
Speaker 2: You're going to use that as ammunition to keep doing it?
Speaker 1: Did you say ammunition?
Speaker 2: I watch out?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Damn, that is so dark.
Speaker 1: Sorry, they're blakes. He has checked reviews.
Speaker 2: That's so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting up to one hundred. Um. I don't know how to spell it though. Hold on, all right, I got it, can't He got his second request for Connor. That's not my Yeah, it's an orangutang. Thanks's requested the same thing, different color.
Speaker 2: There you go, con Well done. God, this is how this show is going to work.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: People to send you dumb sound effects to annoy me with.
Speaker 1: I think it's a really good time to mention that every year twelve orangutangs are killed by palm oil, not the oil themselves. The oil doesn't get thrown at them. The oil is taken from their trees that they sleep in, live in, celebrate birthdays in. And I just think we need to take a moment to recognize that orangutangs our ancestors.
Speaker 2: Are you taking the piss out of animal cruelty? Again? I feel like you've got to see it away from animals. People hate you after their budgy thing.
Speaker 1: That can I just say, do not turn that on me. That is true. Palm oil is killing orangutangs, and I want to bring attention to it.
Speaker 2: You've never ever brought attention to this. And you played a violin sound effect, so I assume you were taking the piers.
Speaker 1: Not taking the piss. The sound effect just helped.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've made your point, then.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The budgy thing was not me. It was Jenna.
Speaker 2: Those who don't know what we're talking about. Back in episode five, literally the most recent one before this, you were going to get me to do a prank call and I was not allowed to know who that person was until you started dialing already, so I had to wing it. And then you handed me a poster of a missing budget and said this is who we're calling while it was dialing, and I said no, absolutely, I bought get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: I'd like to clear the air on that, because I've had a couple of messages myself.
Speaker 2: We've gotten a lot of the responses to that were mixed. People understood your point of view, they thought it was funny, and then other people saw my point of view and were like, that's fun.
Speaker 1: We and I would never have let that go to air. That was never going to go to air.
Speaker 2: Why did you do it then?
Speaker 1: Because we knew it would have got the reaction out of you that it did, and it was perfect. It was like giving taking candy from a baby. I got exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 2: I think that's a very clever pr spin on your part. That's a load of shit, But sure, let's move on. We'll say that that was what you wanted to happen.
Speaker 1: That is what I wanted to happen.
Speaker 2: I got a message from my next door neighbor, Joanne back in Bogan game yeah and goes he clearly doesn't understand the combs of love for animals. I'm glad you didn't go ahead with that prank.
Speaker 1: Call Oh, I haven't. I don't want any harm caused against any animals. Ever, I'm a beautiful animal person and an animal lover.
Speaker 2: I love that you don't have to justify that, because if you listen back to basically every show we've done, there's been some sort of reference to like you've played a gun sound effect and then a cat's sound effect or something, and it's like, let's just see you away from that.
Speaker 1: Plea, that's ridiculous. It's this is fair.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Like I said, something wholesome that happened from the week to lift the mood away from animals and your hate for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was sitting in my car a notification and I think, you know what, I'm fine, this is what happens. I'm driving. I got car play driving that pisces me off. In the middle of a song, hear like, oh, dance for me, dance for me, dance for me. Oh oh, I hate that. How CarPlay does that? Do you feel the same?
Speaker 2: Isn't that what car Play's for?
Speaker 1: But I don't want the notification.
Speaker 2: I don't think mine does do that. Actually, it just says on the screen that I've got one.
Speaker 1: That's what I want, But mine comes up and plays.
Speaker 2: Just put your phone on silent, idiot.
Speaker 1: Is that what it done is that I know it's it does, but does it silent the car?
Speaker 2: I think so, because in mine never goes off.
Speaker 1: There you go, Ladies and gentlemen. That is the end of my qualm.
Speaker 2: That's not wholesome. That's you bitching about you. You're not liking your car. Bloody technology. Like first of all, problem, I can't win when I try to say the Ranger tings. I can't win when I try to talk about technology. I'm silentced. I feel like Juliana Sanche. I said, tell me something wholesome that happened in your week, and you said, well, my fucking car play is no goods.
Speaker 1: Because it's all I had. I got a lovely romantic gesture done for me.
Speaker 2: Stop it, and you're going to need to. Can you delete sound effects after you've used them? Yeah, because it's not just the sound effects that pieces me off. It's the fact that you have like four well.
Speaker 1: I think they're not anymore. Let's go the phones, because you can take live calls here. Let's go to Julie. She's hung up. She's not there, she's hung up. It's a shame.
Speaker 2: But enough with the sound effects.
Speaker 1: That's Cozantina the magician, It is, What the hell does he have to say? He didn't tweet his rabbit from his act, jumped on the phone and it just sent out like a whole bunch of characters. But we have a live call coming through. I want you to just believe that we have the opt take life calls.
Speaker 2: Hello, what was that?
Speaker 1: I was just a live call someone asking about our weeks?
Speaker 2: Was that actually we don't have permission to use their voice? We don't legally, No, because we actually are here at a radio station. Did you actually answer that call?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Should take it again?
Speaker 2: No, because I'm not allowed to do it.
Speaker 1: Can you please just bleep it? People listening now and go, I wonder, I wonder what that person said.
Speaker 2: Just do it that you went? Can't I meant to bleep this way? Word?
Speaker 1: Please? Do please do that?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Hey, so talk to me. You had a very eventful weekend.
Speaker 2: I've heard well, I know, and it's only Saturday. I'm already exhausted.
Speaker 1: Well, the amount of times you've complained about a child this weekend's had a character for you. We've seen Billy Elliott, right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't say that that makes me something going to ask.
Speaker 1: You called me, and the first thing you said was I never.
Speaker 2: Thought i'd slander a kid, But here I go, that never happened. You when you're embellishing, I just said that. I went okay. So for content, Billy Elliott, the music all that, my sister saw it on an excursion what like years ago. It was in town, right, not now, you.
Speaker 1: Fuck, She's an adult with kids.
Speaker 2: It's quarterback story, right, And she brought home the soundtrack and I played the soundtrack on CD, and I like cherish it like. I loved it so much. I listened to it all the time, and then I'd watched Billy Elliott on YouTube at home because I never saw it. She was on a Sydney excursion. And now that it's twenty nineteen it's come back to Sydney, I'm like, this is my time. I'm gonna love this. I'm going to be so emotional the whole time. I'm going to like just adore every second of seeing this musical in the flesh after all these years of loving it from afar and I just think, obviously I put a lot of expectation on it, so they were under pressure from me. But the particular Billy that I saw, like I said to you, was not great, and they clearly cast him for his dancing, which he can do well. But he's singing no good and so some of my favorite numbers. I don't know. But how old do you think Billy Elliott is in the movie I saw.
Speaker 1: The original Billy Elliott when your sister was on the school excursion with my in.
Speaker 2: The movie, how old do you think the Billy Elliott?
Speaker 1: Oh? Like preteen, like thirteen, maybe twelve?
Speaker 2: Even then I thought he was like fourteen, really yeah, But in the musical, I swear this kid I saw had just come from crage like he was like six. He was so young, so young, and I just wasn't I just he didn't nail the numbers I wanted him to nail. And I was a little bit disappointed. And then I went back two nights later, this Billy was a little bit better, but still not. I'm a tough mark, I'll tell you that was he still an infant. I don't know. They seemed so much younger than I thought, really, because I always said that Billy Elliott was my gay awakening movie, right, well, you know what, you know the scene in Billy Elliot where Michael and Billy kiss each other on the cheek. Yes, I remember as a youngster being like, oh kissing kissing other boys. I would never want to do that, But then I couldn't start thinking about it. It was my gay awakening movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so then I saw them on stage and I'm like, there eight, they're too young to be kissing. It's a face. No, it is weird to watch almost.
Speaker 1: So you walk into the theater, you have your more teasers. God bless. Yeah, it's probably a pump water because I know you love to hydrate and you've been probably been at the gym. You excuse me, sorry, excuse me, got your nice jeans on the very tight excuse me, sorry, squeeze pas, sorry, excuse me. There's sixty two big Yeah, sit down, and what's starting? Oh my god, ladies and gentlemen. Billy Elliott.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. Yeah, he was so young. I also, I also have this thing where I buy the program to every musical I go to. That's nic I've got this giant stack of the program. Yeah, and I was looking through this program and I saw something that I thought was a little odd. So it's got all the carts and characters, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yes, that woman. Yet she plays the grand.
Speaker 1: And headshots of them they're professional headshots. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yeah, he plays Missus Wilkins. She plays Missus Wilkins, she plays the gram Yep, he plays Tony. That that guy plays Billy Elliott. Yeah, dead mom is how they've credited it. Just I'm looking at the program and the role of dead mom. That's how they credited it.
Speaker 1: Not Billy.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Billy Elliott's mom is passed in this storyline, but they just credit her not as Billy's mother or mom, just dead mom.
Speaker 1: Oh that's such a harsh.
Speaker 2: Way of crediting that character.
Speaker 1: It's almost like they gave the intern the job of writing the descriptions and he's like, oh, we've got Billy Elliott all right, everyone hometime, shit the mom. What's the mom's name?
Speaker 2: Does she have a name?
Speaker 1: No, she's dead, isn't she? Yeah, dead mom. That's awful.
Speaker 2: But imagine if in every show or film or whatever that there was a dead character, that's how they credited it. Like in the last Harry Potter, right, Dumbledore is dead, so they just put him in the end credited dead Dumbledore. I was just like, I can't believe I credited her as dead mom.
Speaker 1: That's a river or Harry Potter dead dead Potter parents they called Jane and.
Speaker 2: Dead James and dead Lily.
Speaker 1: Is it Lily not the girl of Modern Family.
Speaker 2: No, it's Lillian, I said, James and Lily, right Lily.
Speaker 1: It's almost like Den Dobby. We're going down Marry bott Engine. Who else has died? Oh? From mac Gray's Anatomy that dead doctor, dead good looking doctor.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling to think of films where people have died.
Speaker 1: We're almost like if it's just more b and.
Speaker 2: The role of and in the film Titanic, Leonardo DiCaprio will be playing the role of dead Jack.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's almost a role that's quite sad, all like there's a misery around it, Like for Finding Nemo, you could be.
Speaker 2: Lost Fish, missing Nemo, missing Clownfish. And then there is a scene in the opening of Finding Nemo where he's dead. Mum makes an appearance.
Speaker 1: Mummy, I want to see toy story. Don't you mean a live toys real cowboy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they clarify a live Billy Elliott alive my.
Speaker 1: Dead mom barely alive Uncle.
Speaker 2: Trocious the car's lips online here. Look it even says it on the website. Dead Man's Daniel Everett. She plays the role of dead mom.
Speaker 1: Mom forward slash ensembles, so.
Speaker 2: When Mom's not dead, she's alive in the background.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely awful.
Speaker 2: I did think that was odd. I actually should should have done that as an Is it just me? Is it just me? It was just a really weird thing to put in a program.
Speaker 1: That's no good. It belongs in ad deb How do you talk about someone that's past? You go talking about the past tense, because like if you know some say, for example, Jonathan's past, you know Jonathan has some nice jackets. Do you say Jonathan had some nice jackets?
Speaker 2: Or you might say, oh, there's some leftover jackets from the John. That's leftover jackets of John's Yes, dead John dead?
Speaker 1: Oh dear John? Who else has died?
Speaker 2: I want to think of some good did John die? And did John?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: John dead? Dear John?
Speaker 1: I loved you know what I loved about that Bambie.
Speaker 2: That dead dear. It's just so aggressive. I can't read the word dead before someone's name, but without it being shouted at me. Dead Man.
Speaker 1: I loved the latest season of Strange spoiler or what I've loved the langest latest season of Stranger Things where they had that dead police officer. Awful?
Speaker 2: Oh god, what else is dead man?
Speaker 1: I don't know about ship. Someone's got us again? How exciting? Oh my god, it's Michelle Everett the dead.
Speaker 2: Mam Danielle Ever.
Speaker 1: I tried. I tried. Twitter audience is savage, especially towards me anytime I shade you, because you've got the podcast fan base and I've just got the real life.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of a lot of not my cup of tea listeners have come across and they still haven't quite warm to you because you're sufferable.
Speaker 1: They have, They've warmed to me. They love to give me ship like you do because you're you enable them, You let them think they can.
Speaker 2: People enable you to they're sending dumb sound effects suggestions.
Speaker 1: Very and keep it coming. The mitches. That's what I call my fans, the mitches.
Speaker 2: That's so obnoxious.
Speaker 1: Dirty Mitch, you know what, son of a Mitch's that's what they call.
Speaker 2: You know what some of my YouTube fans used to call themselves. Oh no, the Honeycombs like honeycomb.
Speaker 1: That's very cay.
Speaker 2: I loved it, but you got it.
Speaker 1: You made that I reckon, No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I've never named be Real.
Speaker 1: Be Real. You've never spoken out this on record because you're your public figure, and it's hard to get comment from public figures, hardly when bogan Gate happened, because if you don't know, Mitch was the famed bogan Gate kid. Great video, and I've told you this story. I think I even said it one.
Speaker 2: The video of giving a tour of my hometown.
Speaker 1: But it just named bogan Gate.
Speaker 2: And I made it because we did a group of Simon at Taye for media, and we made much like we have here. We just made a Facebook page. I think it was called Steve Ta and Mitch. It was like our fake radio show that we did in class funny, and we had this Facebook page. You had like twenty followers, like our parents and stuff. And they didn't believe me when I said I lived in bogen Gate. So when I went home for summer, like we'd finish the course, I made that video and put it on that page just so I could show Stephen and tiare like where I actually live and proved to them it's real. And then I went to bed and I woke up it had like, oh like twenty thousand views. Ah wow, and then it just kept growing by the day. It was the weirdest experience.
Speaker 1: There's a town with more than five thousand people.
Speaker 2: Well see, I didn't get it because that was my normal, but apparently it's There was a weird combination of things that made it funny, like the fact that the town is unbelievable, that it's so small. I can't believe people actually live there, the fact that I was super flamboyant and the only game in the village. I didn't I didn't get it. I was like, what if everyone seeing that?
Speaker 1: That's my question.
Speaker 2: I showed it to my mum before putting it up, and she didn't laugh once. And then as soon as they went viral, she goes, oh, it's so zical.
Speaker 1: Send this to me first husband, that was my question. Are you actually the only gay person in bogan Gate openly gay? Okay, genuinely only openly gay?
Speaker 2: I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: SI so close to Halloween? Have they you it's on fear mode as well? I shouldn't do that. Have you enabled people that identifies queer in the bone Gate area to come out, do you think?
Speaker 2: Not that I know of. But when I was in school, my high school, there was no openly gay people. I was the only openly gay person there for like three months because I came out right towards the end of you twelve, right, And now that I'm gone, it's littered with so many.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean, And you might not want to.
Speaker 2: I can't take credit for it, but I do think that, like just times change in general.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, but you having you come through would do a lot for those kids. All it takes is one. All it takes is one. So congratulations for that. And that's that's me being serious.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I don't actually know.
Speaker 1: And now it's time to go back to the dogs and cats.
Speaker 2: I said, see away from animals. True, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Let's hoip a coin if it lands on head more dogs tails not?
Speaker 2: No, no, don't because I know what you're going to say. Oh again, I've heard this coin one a million times. Okay, now I'm in favor of the requests. I dropped my because I need more, Mitch, delete them. Now, everything that you've already used. Keep the tweet, that's fine everything, you've already get rid of it. Because I'm bloody sick of it. Everyone's going to have to send in more suggestions because I can't. I can't be fuck send them to you, actually send them to send them to your direct so I don't know, Mitchy.
Speaker 1: Or just leave it in your review. What are you doing this Halloween?
Speaker 2: Nothing? I carved a pumpkin. I've got I've got in the spirit. I'm good.
Speaker 1: You'll go home your house. MAT's like, why are you covered in sticky?
Speaker 2: I'm not taking this home. That actually got me to put that.
Speaker 1: A few away. Yes, you're taking a home and you're putting it at your doorstep, and you're putting a photo on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: No, I'll just get a photo here in studio. I'll put it next to my head.
Speaker 1: If say, for example, you are at home right on when is it's going to be Wednesday night?
Speaker 2: If you listen to it Thursday night, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Is it? Really?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I don't know. We'll say, for example, you're at home and then you're sitting in your bed. Probably I don't know. I don't want to shoom. But then all of a sudden, ship there's kids at the door.
Speaker 2: I've never been tricked or treated ever, No, no one's ever knocked on my door.
Speaker 1: And what about in bogan Gate?
Speaker 2: Surely especially Bogan Gate? Why would there be people wandering the fucking outback like especially not in this is This is drive kilometers to go from half the house.
Speaker 1: This is a trick of treating in ina. Do you have any water for the sheep?
Speaker 2: That's dark? Sorry again, steer away from animals. The drought is taking its toll on our livestock.
Speaker 1: Okay, you try one ready, safe, Okay. I lived in a Sydney suburb quite well off. So how would you how would you imagine?
Speaker 2: What do you mean quite well off?
Speaker 1: What how? I'm not christ, I'm soul of the earth. I got no money, but the suburb that I was surrounded by was rich. I didn't want suburbs. I should have clarified that Sylvania Google it it's nothing.
Speaker 2: That's just the Sydney's South.
Speaker 1: I lived in a real normal Aussie home, but we lived around the corner from Sylvania Waters, and that was like there was a TV series, a reality series called Sylvania Waters. Back when I was in Growing Up a reality the first ever reality series anyway. So we used to walk around the Slvania waters to get the good candy because we lived in the shit area. So okay, I'm giving you a shot. This is me coming to the door in the Southern Shire on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Hi, trickle Trade, it's me mis Jerry. I haven't got any candy, but I've got some ech. What absolutely feel live in your area?
Speaker 1: Why do I forward announce myself with my first and last name.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to be clear to the listeners that I was being not the person answering alright with the quarter setup.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you? Hi, it's me Mitchell Coombs. If you don't follow me, do it please. I just want you to tell me how much you love me. I live off gratification. That's my candy coming from you.
Speaker 2: It's fun because I hate like self promo, but when it comes to my podcast and stuff like that, I self promote.
Speaker 1: The fuck out.
Speaker 2: All shame goes out the window when it comes to that. But I would never plug my own Instagram.
Speaker 1: You've gotten to the end of this episode. Please, for the love of Christ, tell a friend. Sure, that's all I want to say, well, I think that's good. I think it's a good post.
Speaker 2: To end it, tell a friend, tell a friend about this is Halloween. Turn to your friends that your trick are cheating with or whatever you do and say, Brah, got a sick podcast for you to listen to.
Speaker 1: You got live tweets and everything. It's a killer. You know what you need to do is Halloween. Walk up to a front door.
Speaker 2: Why did the my kitchen rules doorbell? Why?
Speaker 1: I forgot about that? Oh well, I guess can't use that sound effect anymore.
Speaker 2: Now I leave it in. Now see you and court meneue. I've got backups that sounds like mine.
Speaker 1: I pictured it.
Speaker 2: I really I expect to hear my dog barking after that.
Speaker 1: We always we can make that happen.
Speaker 2: Now, have you got a mini fox? Carry you bark in that library cross Jack Russell? If possible.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's try this.
Speaker 2: Ready, Oh my god, oh shut up, bandit, sit down.
Speaker 1: I feel like good boy. I feel like someone kicked that dog towards the end, ready.
Speaker 2: Would be oh that's okay again, away from animals. Let's not do that again.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that. That's just what the sound effect.
Speaker 2: But the sound effect did not sound like that, but because you said it sounds like a dog being kicked, everyone's head when I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Let's try this.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a dog that sounds overjoyed to see someone they love. How much all planting is that.
Speaker 1: There's still a bit of whimpering in it.
Speaker 2: I was about to you're not doing yourself any favors.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I've read.
Speaker 2: I told you delete that, you liar.
Speaker 1: I kept it. All right, Let's get out of here. It's been a great show, very di y. Look at the pumpkin pics on Hey, I'm gonna send your pumpkin picks. Hey, send me those pumpkin picks. It's disgusting. It'll all be up on the at a couple of at a couple of mitches on Instagram.
Speaker 2: You're still struggling with that.
Speaker 1: We're also an iHeartRadio podcast. Just so you no just gives a street credit. I mean, okay, alright, you need to stop because I don't know when to win.
Speaker 2: All right, we better go hold on. I actually wonder if you are capable of wrapping this show up yourself, because it always seems to be me that goes all right, guys, that's it, all right, bye bye, and then you talk a bit more and then I go all right, see, I'm gonna think if you were actually capable of wrapping it up. Okay, I'm gonna unplug my mic.
Speaker 1: Oh oh shit. Okay, all right, guys, that's enough for this week. We are heading out. So this has been a couple of mitches. Follow us on socials and we will chat with you next week. We'll talk then go one mone girl, who is it? That's my auntie, Julie. She just joined tweeter igels. If you put a dot before you tweet, then it won't be a subtweet. Nice, thank you you told me that. Anyway, that's enough for the week. Uh joking, all right, I'll see you next week. Bye, guys, Is.
Speaker 2: It just me?
Speaker 3: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app?
Speaker 4: What a man?
Speaker 5: It