Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast, brought to you by.
Speaker 2: Cana Illo, My Gremlins and Goblins. We are backed podcast edition for me taking selfies off herself? So whoms for what we do not know? Boy?
Speaker 3: Not really my mum.
Speaker 2: Either way, you don't need to share your business, It's okay.
Speaker 3: But any opportunity I'm just waiting to get into a relationship so I can completely decimate it by sharing personal information.
Speaker 2: Oh will you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 3: We run out of material, flex, you know, I'm in the trenches. Always think, what do.
Speaker 2: You mean running out? You post ten stories a day, it's not even cracking the surface. But big questions we're asking today, when are you allowed to call someone your ex? In particular? What needs to happen? How long do you need to be interacting before it is fair, reasonable and sane Yes, to refer to someone as your ex.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of conditions that I believe need to be met before the X tag can come in. I've been burnt by someone saying calling me a nex after two dates, so I have a particular interest in abolishing this happening because it's triggering. Yeah, so let's get to it.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and frooms on CAD.
Speaker 3: I was in the toilet the other day. I won't tell you what I was doing, but you can use your imagination. It was number twos, so I was taking a little bit of time in There no foot elevation at the time, so there was a struggle.
Speaker 2: We need to figure out portable poopstools.
Speaker 3: I have one that was a little handle, but people aren't ready for that.
Speaker 2: But is it portable in the way that you're taking it out of the house location to location or.
Speaker 3: It's like a briefcase.
Speaker 2: Have you done that? No, exactly, I'm talking like pocket size phone size.
Speaker 3: But just know if you invite me over to your house, I will be rummaging in the cupboards looking for some sort of object. There's at least thirty centimeters high I can prop my feet onto. I digress. I was in the toilet of cater last week. I'm having a think. It's been a big day for us, and I go, oh, I've got a really good thought experiment. If I was to give you one hundred thousand dollars to do this, would you do it? Okay, we hook a wire up to your brain and we can tell every single thought that you've had for an entire day, every single thought, impulsive thoughts, intrusive thoughts you could snap at any time.
Speaker 2: I get a snapt I wouldn't do it for one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: No, okay, a million?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Wait, do you get what I'm saying? Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if you would hook up some kind of machine to my brain that would be able to tell what I was thinking, when I was thinking it, and broadcast those thoughts to anyone who wanted access to them, My thoughts are priceless.
Speaker 3: Would you do any amount of money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd do it for a billion dollars?
Speaker 3: What about five million?
Speaker 2: I do it for five million?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do for three.
Speaker 3: One million, I'll do for one okay, okay.
Speaker 2: One million cash and it's a gift, so I'm not getting taxed. Yeah, wow, will you wouldn't do it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: You don't want to know?
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand dollars is not enough for the chaos. It's gonna cause.
Speaker 3: Exactly a million.
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 3: But like, this is gonna live on in perpetuity, so your children could wake up one day and like go back to the annals and say everything that you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Are we not only doing that now? I'm sharing my thoughts on the internet all the time. Yeah, but this is the next step, and it's for a day, and you're saying it in this environment. Yeah, I think a million dollars is enough to deal with the repercussions or any of the consequences. For example, if we were at cater for a whole day and you're paying me a million dollars have my thoughts broadcasted, it just gets a bit too hectic.
Speaker 3: I'll quit, like I'm quitting because through me is a bushpig and I hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's less about my thoughts being shared, but the consequence of those thoughts. If I think some rowdy stuff and it can't just be brushed off as like a and it's chaotic, I'll just quit.
Speaker 3: Cool. Oh guess because you had a million dollars? Yeah, and just hide away. Fabulous?
Speaker 2: Would you do it?
Speaker 3: No thoughts are sacred. I have intrusive thoughts. You can't hear them.
Speaker 2: Knowing you you accidentally say them. Anyway, that was a nice thought experiment, and I will say for anybody who's interested in seeing how that would play out, you should watch the movie Chaos Walking with Spider Man. What's his name? Tom Holland Cool. It's about a time in history. It's still on Earth, but an alternate universe. Actually maybe it's another planet. But basically, the men in this place have all of their thoughts broadcasted and the women don't have the same affliction. And so you look at how society functions when men can't hide their thoughts, and how that impacts how masculinity is perceived. So no longer is physical strength or the inability to conceal emotions the most masculine thing you can do. But it's being, you know, traditionally masculine and being able to hide what you think, like shield your thoughts. It's fantastic, wrong, go watch it. It's also a book if you like reading. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Flexile.
Speaker 2: And we need to discuss this. It's very important. I feel like today we need to come to a consensus and then disseminate this information far and wide so we are all on the same page. Are you ready, all in favor? Say yes, flex yes, Flexi Freney. Please tell me when are you allowed to call someone your ex? And by that I mean after what dating experience with someone, are you entitled to continue to refer to them as your ex?
Speaker 3: Perhaps we need to go through all the stages.
Speaker 2: Great, I can do that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So is it appropriate to call somebody your ex after one date? No care? No, after one date with kissing and tongue. No, after a sexual encounter. Absolutely not after casually speaking for three months. No, after a situationship there's like dating, they're sleeping together, but it only happened for a month. No, damn, tough crowd, after you've been hooking up on and off for a year. Friends with benefits.
Speaker 3: It depends what context you're talking about the ex.
Speaker 2: I gave you the context.
Speaker 3: No, No, I like, who's asking me? Like, if I'm in a conversation with all of my girlfriends and I'm talking about the guy, I'm not going to call him my ex because they have all the background. Whereas if I'm meeting up with new friends and they're like, oh, we just you know, and I've just bumped into the guy, and then I go to the dinner with the new friends and like, oh, what's happened. I'm like, Oh, I just bumped into like my ex or this guy I dated.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that you use X as a term to summarize what somebody is to you to people who might not have all the context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's easier than saying, oh, this guy that I like dated for a little bit and then didn't date and then we dated, is it really X? Okay? No, to be fair, I don't know who uses the term X anymore.
Speaker 2: We've abolished X Y wocab What do we call people.
Speaker 3: People are dated victims?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I think that the reason why I've asked this question is because the more conversations I have about dating generally, the more I realize my approach can feel a bit like direct and binary, like things are or they are not. I was their girlfriend, I was not their girlfriend. We kissed, we did not kiss. But as I speak to other people, they have what I refer to as like a convoluted approach that is very confusing. The kind of people where they're like, oh, yeah, we hooked up and I'm like, oh, so you slept here They're like no, no, no, no, no, we kissed. Babes, use the right words to describe what you're saying. So in this particular instance, I was talking to somebody who had described somebody that they were talking to, like you know how people they do talking stages these days, sheesus somebody they were somebody they were flirting with frequently, virtually, that's what we want to call it, for a couple of months and they had said, oh, that's my ex. And I was like, oh, you know, when did you date? When'd you go out? And they were like, oh, you know, it was a couple of months. A girls like, oh, like, tell me about it. Goes on to describe a talking situation. I said, babes, babes virgin behavior At this point, though, it feels slenderous because if anybody but the people that I had had an official boyfriend, girlfriend dynamic with referred to me as their ex, that's defamation.
Speaker 3: As I said, it's a very virgin all kind of thing to do in what way saying that you talk to someone and then call them the X.
Speaker 2: In some instances, I don't think I've ever had such a what's the word I'm looking for? Such and like an inslammatory connection with someone that I wasn't in an official relationship with. I've seen the way some people do situationships like someone you're flirting with virtually like people these days, especially on TikTok, often describe their situationships as being far more heartbreaking than their actual relationships. Something about the fantasy of almost having you know, this dynamic but not having it, and it feeling a lot more intimate because there was a lot more limitations. I get that. I totally get that. But words mean things. If we're going to start calling literally everyone we've interacted with in a romantic sense an ex, we need to add at a suffix an X.
Speaker 3: What explain this.
Speaker 2: Is my ex talking stage, This is my ex situationship, my.
Speaker 3: Ex, your ass, some ass was eat? If you ate an ass, you got an X.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will say, tell me.
Speaker 3: Oh, do certain things they're your X. Oh, okay, meet the parents, giveaway? Are you all for the first time? Okay, I haven't done it myself.
Speaker 2: Vaginal penetration is not exert that's child's play. Do other week pegging, pegging one finger, meeting friends for the first time when they've not been pegged before, meeting friends.
Speaker 3: Before you just loosen them up. Okay, this is one of the.
Speaker 2: Things you're gonna say made and then regret.
Speaker 1: You're not built that way for me.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't do it. I just want to pretend that.
Speaker 2: I do it. No, if you've met their friends under any circumstance, that's feels like it's verging on X to me, if you're being introduced in a romantic way.
Speaker 3: I could go on and on about this because meeting the friends, did you really, because.
Speaker 2: You haven't said he's stopped with Hanal and Peggy and give me this.
Speaker 3: On community Meeting the friends is crucial love bombing vibes. Yeah, nobody talks about this, but like I remember instances where like I was going on dates with this guy and I met his friend. He had a friend over one night, and the friend was so interested in me, asking all these questions. It's a fucking trap. And then two dates later we go to some house Shanghai, dumpling house eight twelve dumplings, go back to his house, never see him again. So but yeah, i'd met the friend, which made me think we're on here telling me all about his mum. Mom would love you going to his works and we've all.
Speaker 2: Fallen victim to it, because of course, why would your mom not love me? I'm very lovable me and like love bobbing isn't bad because I get why, Yes.
Speaker 3: But that's definitely a crucial part of love bobbing. But the whole ex thing, I don't call anyone my ex because I'd say ex boyfriend X feels like shady and like American, and I don't like it. He's my ex.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to complicate my digital footprints and nobody knows my business me moonlighting as a mysterious gal you wish and like, nobody is my ex. I want to feel like I just like incubated in a pod and then arrived on the planet as a twenty eight year old with no past, no fut vibes.
Speaker 3: Have you debuted only one boyfriend? Yeah? Because when I type in your name in flex mummy on.
Speaker 2: On TikTok, this we have to discuss. Okay, we won't do it this episode. But if you type in like like women influences on Instagram and I didn't even see this myself, Sally, my best friend, pointed out, She's like, why do Why is it when I go to search up women influences on TikTok, the first video that comes up is always them with their boyfriend. Of all the thousands of videos I've posted. Mine is like this cute little Valentine's Day with my ex boyfriend? What is that? Have I not gone viral? Have I not made a name for myself as a CrOx connoisseur And this random thirty K video is the one. That's also what we need to discuss is seeing the most searched terms for your name. I love mine is like flex mammy, network, flex mammy, boyfriend, fex, flexmamy ex boyfriend, it's bizarre.
Speaker 3: Mine's listener price, age, listener, price triplet. Can you do on TikTok?
Speaker 2: Should it quickly?
Speaker 3: Now? I don't know you could do this?
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: Okay? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And I don't know if it's because it's our own algorithm, so we're like confusing it a type in flex mammy. Here's what we've got, flex mammy, crocs, flex mummy, house tour, breakup boyfriend bar, which is a very interesting one. But there was a section when I was doing Socialize Era when I was recommending bars, jewelry, podcast, restaurant, Tinder and like tinder me no.
Speaker 3: Okay, mine mine is flex and froomes Froome's crypto frooms World, Flex and frooms bts god got a monopoly on my TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really want the flex integration and I'm not surprised, you know what I'm saying. So we need to come to a consensus. I think it is only appropriate to call some of your ex if you were in an official dynamic.
Speaker 3: And or if you've eaten their ass.
Speaker 2: And third caveat is emotional damage happened?
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh but nah, I think that.
Speaker 2: It's fair because if you only had a situation whip for a week, but like really what you know, like you're still ragging on about it six months later, I think it's fair.
Speaker 1: This is flex and froomes on.
Speaker 2: I know it's really lame to talk about extreme weather, not in a climate change way, but just I feel like people think that's a conversational crutch. But when I find some really interesting information, I have to share. So if you've been keeping abreast of the news, then you know there's been extreme weathers all across the world, but in particular in the UK they're experiencing a heat wave currently with temperatures up to forty degrees and given their infrastructure and the way that they're not built for that kind of heat. I can imagine they're suffering. The tiktoks have been funny though. Did you know there was a runway like a plane runway that had melted so plans couldn't take off. This is serious stuff, Yeah, for real, it's hectic.
Speaker 3: See. I just imagine they're all winging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, they're not winging. It's actually they're suffering, but so much so that unions in the UK are calling for a maximum UK workplace temperature. What they're currently saying is that it is inhumane to let people work in these conditions, and there should be it should be understood nationwide. When is it too hot for people to come into work and be allowed opportunities to work from home or to be given, you know, incentives to still come in or whatever. The GMB union is saying that the government should set a maximum temperature for workplaces of twenty five degrees, which I was like, wait a second, HoTT on.
Speaker 3: Only don't want to go to the beach. Literally.
Speaker 2: They're saying that they want employers to offer flexible working hours and travel arrangements, or give staff extra breaks or relaxed stress codes to accommodate for warm weather. So if you want the girl used to come in to the office, let the more spaghetti straps at the very be spaghetti straps. Yeah, a lot crocky or something. We can't be doing three piece suit when it's twenty five point five degrees be serious the top hatch. But interestingly enough, the approach to this discussion is not just people feel uncomfortable, therefore they should be allowed exceptions to the rule. But they were also talking about how like workplaces should be doing what is required for people to be as safe and as comfortable as possible. They do have a duty of care, and because the UK isn't used to extreme heat, they aren't like people don't know how to live and work in the best way possible. That we should create a system that prioritizes that. Like people are dying and like getting heat stroke and stuff because they don't know what to do. They're not keeping hydrated anyway. I don't know if they're going to be able to enforce the legal maximum temperature. But you need to have done wild stuff in the past. Who's to say this won't sparkle, you know, a global ripple effect.
Speaker 3: Do you know that'sorry about the unions in Australia. Some singer came to Australia. I want to say Frankie Valley, but oh, frank Sinatra I think in the seventies and he had these like really fudged like opinions on women and women in work. And he went did a show and like spouted some of these views. And this was deep in the feminism second wave era. So all these people revolted about it, and men and women too were like, this is crap. He's got to apologize. So then he said I'm not going to perform and he went to get on his jet. The unions of the aircrafts in Australia said no, we're grounding your flight. The people who gave the petrol say no, we're not giving you any petrol. So he was stuck in Australia. But he wouldn't apologize for what he said. So then Bob Hawk, who at the time wasn't the Prime Minister, he was the head of the unions, came and had a meeting with him. Brought a bottle of liquor. They finished the liquor and they came to an agreement that he would yeat away from Australia and never come back.
Speaker 2: Ooh facts, I like that story. Thank you for sharing them.
Speaker 3: I put so unions yes or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah, babe, slap you're listening to flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: One thing I like to do is ask me questions. Some would say I am very curious. Not everybody is curious in the same way. Some people like asking questions. Some people like seeking out answers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I for one and both, and you're mostly questions. Are you often going to give me an answer? Find it deeply frustrating?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when you start seeking out too many answers, people start looking for truth. And I'm not interested in one single truth. It's too limiting. I just like ideas, and one idea in particular. I wouldn't say it's been at the front of my mind, but somewhere in the back is what were we doing before toilet paper? Only because as a person who lives alone and has a toilet paper subscription, I was like, we've gone too far. We've progressed and modernized to a point where I I'm actually a bit concerned with how much money and how much of a system I've created around this thing that should just be number one free and number two delivered to my house, not at my expense. But listen to this. I typed in the phrase what did we do before toilet paper, hoping that something good would come up? We use leaves, sticks, moss, sand and water.
Speaker 3: Sand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which doesn't sound bad to me because if you think about it, without getting too graphic, what happens when you put a bit of liquid on sand. It starts to congeal is not the right word, but creates, you know, little micro clumps. Yeah, use the sand to dust off the excess and exfolia at the same time. I find that to be a better option than moss. It's frank body scrub, don't without the costs. Don't do it, don't do it. I think that's far better than leaves and sticks and moss, sand and water are my preferred options. But yeah, once we developed agriculture, we had options like, hey, and corn husks, which again don't feel like the best tool.
Speaker 3: A corn husk the stuff that corn comes in. Yeah, yes, like that'd be nice, Yes, like grasp on it. You know what I think. In the very olden days, when we was the people's in the caves, chilling and vibing. We would just simply squat down, spread cheek as you would say, squat at an angle that it projected.
Speaker 2: Squat Is this all good?
Speaker 3: Squatting in a way that your bum cheeks are so spread that it doesn't touch anything around. It simply comes out in a perfect form, So it's not touching your hair, it's not touching anything because it's coming straight out. Plus, I don't reckon you get hemorrhoids or constipation because you're eating a fibrous food and very based diet.
Speaker 2: And I don't mean to leave with conspiracy, but I do think there's a correlation between toilets and bow issues. Yes, that position you're sitting in is not conducive to a healthy bower movement flex.
Speaker 3: FLEXI. I'm going to tell you how to do the absolute perfect nap. You don't strike me as a napper, but you do strike me as someone taking enormous sleeps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm big on the twelve hour sleep, four hours sleep. I have tried to nap in my time, but I don't like the idea of not doing things fully. So for example, I don't necessarily want to snack. I just want to eat the meal and be done. Yeah, I don't want to nap. I want to sleep and dream and be comfortable and then wake up twelve hours later. But I'm open to hearing any suggestions. I would like to integrate napping into my routine.
Speaker 3: Well, this new thing that I want to do on kata is find how to do things purely on wiki how. Yeah, I've gone on to wiki how. It's a website where it tells you how to do very very simple things with illustrations. This one is called how to power an app. Let me read it out for you. A quick power nap can help you combat drowsiness and make you feel more and productive if you're in Allegedly, if you're in need of a power nap, make sure you do it right so you make up feeling refreshed and not goggy. These are the tips. Take a brief twenty minute nap so you can feel more arrested than alert when you wake up. Anything longer than thirty minutes may leave you feel groggy because at that stage you're entering into rem and if you break the rem when you're quick in, you're going to like dry mouth pipes. Drink a cup of coffee right before a power nap because it can actually make you feel more awake after the nap because the coffee takes a certain amount of time to be metabolized.
Speaker 2: Question, Miss, I'm not on the beans, So what alternative substance alternative sumptions is still you have to offer?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like I don't know how the energy drinks. I feel like energy drinks would be oh, coke, cucka collar, but I don't know if. I don't know if like coc colar and stuff, because obviously into the list what else we got. Make sure it's not too warm or too cold. You want your napping to be comfortable, so look for a cool, comfortable place to nap. Most people sleep best at eighteenth degrees or for people like you, the boss bosses in the world, nap for two to five minutes. If you don't have much time but you're sleepy, you cannot continue on with whatever you're doing. A two to five minute nap is called a nano nap. I can help you deal with some of the sleepiness.
Speaker 2: I think we need to start making the distinction between just closing your eyes and doing nothing versus napping, because for me, that's portion of time between closing my eyes and being asleep. Is that technically a nap because I'm just eyes closed thinking napping for two to five minutes is like daydreaming to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you've ever done like a massive drive from Sydney to Melbourne, but there's you need to stop, o Parket.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I haven't. I don't know if you've ever done a massive dry I'm sorry I haven't.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just like curl up on the back seat if you're miss the next trail, cradling yourself for five minutes, and it does a lot does a lot for anyway, we don't talk about the car since somebody arsened it, so we're gonna continue on with cater I.
Speaker 2: Think we're rushing over that if we can briefly explain what happened. Rooms came back from a Bali trip not too long ago, opened up her car door was getting ready to come to Cata looked up at the ceiling of her car to realize it had been burnt to a crisp. The headsets have been melted. There were cigarettes on the ground. She told the polices that this had happened. They obviously did not find the culprit useless and then Frooms bought a new car. But it's actually a quite scary thing that we keep making jokes about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, police messaged me yesterday saying, hey, Listenda, we still haven't found any evidence.
Speaker 2: To which you replied, have you been looking?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 2: Well, I do want regular and frequent updates about that, because I do think that.
Speaker 3: You haven't got the insurance payouts. I'm waiting on a couple of thousand.
Speaker 2: I feel that it's a lot of information to give while the payou are still pending. Okay, somebody did say in the comments that they thought you were doing insurance fraud.
Speaker 3: My dad is organizing it.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: My dad's like doing it for me. He's like how do it? Because they're like, yeah, you did it yourself. It's like, how do you?
Speaker 2: I didn't do it myself.
Speaker 3: I'm a car dealer.
Speaker 1: This is flex and Frooms on Kada.
Speaker 3: I was on TikTok sat every single break with I was on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Free press out of this world, but also really happy for them. Imagine building a software that.
Speaker 3: No bucks joy and steal data. And I came across this TikTok Let's have a listen. The caption is fun Fact and it's a man wearing Sonny's inside a podcast studio. So he is our brethren.
Speaker 4: Your tongue knows what everything feels like. Look around the room right now and imagine what it would be like to lick that, and you'll know exactly what it feels like. And I'll never be the same ever since we.
Speaker 2: Just trust him.
Speaker 3: But try it.
Speaker 2: I'll try it before your tongue. I feel like what he means to say is your tonge can imagine what everything tastes like or feels like, not your tongue knows.
Speaker 3: Your tongue knows though, like I know what that would be like, but.
Speaker 2: You imagine, you know, like you're able to conjure up the sensation you don't. Yeah, So it's to know is to know. To be able. To experience is to know, to be able to be to imagine.
Speaker 3: To know is to imagine. To know is to imagine. And then if you did it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, to know is to do. Sometimes this is getting into like if a tree falls.
Speaker 3: Territory, but how crazy is that? And then I was reading the comments and apparently it's because your tongue and your fingers kind of like do the same thing. They're the same sense. You know, your fingers are more feely than here, like your fingers have more feelings.
Speaker 2: Your tongue and the tip of your finger.
Speaker 3: Has the same amount of feeling.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but your fingers have felt stuff.
Speaker 3: My tonguees felt stuff, more stuff than I can admit.
Speaker 2: What are you referring to? Nah week, you won't say.
Speaker 3: Seriously, if you're in your car right now, have a look around. If you lick the steering steering wheel, you would you would know what it tests.
Speaker 2: But I still stand by the fact that your tongue doesn't know, it can imagine, therefore it thinks it knows. But it's pretty cool that I can imagine for I am, so maybe you do know.
Speaker 3: I think tongues deserve way more credit. They heal so quickly, They bring you so much joy. They have you mummy, which is incredible. It's sprouted a whole new like scented shut.
Speaker 2: Up me for you enough tongue propaganda, because I'm not convinced. I'm on board, but I'm not convinced.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more tune needs k on Da b or stream it on iHeartRadio,