Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, pats Morning, Good morning, do you Sirio? Alex Culling, Good morning, Good morning. So yesterday morning, at the start of the show, I mentioned how I'd seen on the way into this radio station someone had written in chalk on the wall, be the best part of somebody else's day, And yesterday I think it had an impact on the show. I think on some level it weave some kind of magic. Yes, So I want to try just keep this going. Okay, So today I've asked Patsy to find a morning mantra that could set up our day. Right. Perhaps, what have you got mate?
Speaker 2: This is it today? Be the reason someone smiles today? I think it is. When we're so busy rushing et a bit, you know, kicking off life's check least, it's hard to get in your head and not notice the world around you. If you're out walking the dog today, look someone in the eye and say hello, good day. Isn't it a lovely day? Costs nothing? And you know what. You don't know what that other person's going through. That might just make their day to have a friendly face and a friendly conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. It doesn't take more than a couple of seconds sometimes to have a really nice exchange with somebody. Yeah, even a hallo nice day or cold this morning. Even in that couple of seconds, you're just saying to somebody, I see you, you matter. That's it. You both leave energize from a small encounter that you don't need to have a big, hour long chat with somebody. Sometimes even if.
Speaker 4: You're just walking past someone, you know, walking around a park or something like that, and you get there, even if you don't say anything, you just do a little.
Speaker 5: Nod and not in that it's not that and you go, hey, I see you man.
Speaker 1: What about doing this the old two fingers? Yeah? What about the shoot to McGavin pistols to somebody that's aggressive?
Speaker 6: Okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: Actually, maybe this day and age, someone's getting a corn triple zero. There's a guy of the dog Park pretenders. They'll be popping people's I think he's on the radio. Have you a mad time at the moment? With the ratings out this week. It's not dropping very well. He's wearing his firing pistols. Yes, he's firing air pistols off into the air. Patsy, just repeat that today's morning match again.
Speaker 2: Be the reason someone smiles today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that one, Patsy. That's really nice. I tell you what made me smile yesterday my eldest daughter, Ruby's twenty one. She couldn't make it back home on Sunday for Father's Day. So we met up last night and we had a kind of late Father's Day dinner. It was even better in a way, brilliant because Lois, my younger daughter, saw her Sunday I got to Father's Day. Yeah. And then when the restaurant were like, are you celebrating something, I'm like, it's Father's Day. They give us a free round of drinks. Were like, this is so nice because you're not meet up Sunday, I went parish, you couldn't be doing an And then because my I mentioned this the other week, she's moved into a new place right and she's been doing quite a bit of DIY so she said, you know, I offered to come around. She was not, I want to know how to do this stuff. And so yesterday I presented to her. We went to Leonardo's she you know, the great pizza place. It's only about ten minutes away she is now. And so during our dinner together over pizzas, I gave her and this is a moment in any young girl's life, her first adjustable socket set. Oh wow, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, excuse me, way to get us to get a photo of us together, just to mark this polaroid moment.
Speaker 2: What do you use a socket for?
Speaker 1: While she's doing flat pack? So, yeah, it's got the hex Q, it's got the hex adjustable X ones and also the the the Phillips and the flathead as well. So it's a whole load of adjustabent, a whole kit. Yeah something you are about that to THEE HOWND isn't here the socket?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love that. You're right and it's a please sensation. Noise Is also gave her. She's got the answer woken up. You know when the season has changed. You love a very first. I also gave us some w D forty because every home needs a w D forty, right. I gave us some ant rid, the little stuff you can use indoors and a multi socket board as well. You need always helpful, always help So this this pacey yesterday did the thing you know all restaurants do this. We got there at six o'clock and so it was like to starting to fill up. Why do restaurants always cram you on top of each other? Yes, so there's there's empty tables over there. There was clearly a couple on a second or third day. We're crammed next to them, and they don't want to be too aware of us. We really don't want to be too aware of them. Then suddenly there's a dad handing over a series of bizarre objects to his daughter. The socket set, a multi point outridden. At one point I had in a one of those little food baggs you don't see through food bags. Yeah, yeah, a whole load of herbal mugwort tea. It looked like it was a bag of weed. I know what you want to let's just see. You want to get your socket on, you want some ants stuff, and you want a bag of weed. Dad's got it all. Happy Father's Day. Dad of the Year.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You've gotta be honest. I feel a bit sick this morning. Oh So last night we had these pizzas and I said to my daughter, you pick, let's have a drink. What do you pick for us? She goes, oh, let's get a Pina Kanada Tuesday. I mean when you're twenty one year a student, sure fifty two going to get up at four the next morning Peanu Canada and tuesd night. So I was like, absolutely, Peinada and a pizza. My guy, heavy day, I didn't sleep.
Speaker 5: Well, what's a coconut creamy.
Speaker 1: And pineapple and my tom Tom? And then she pizza, make a big ass pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe a Hawaiian pizza. It would match.
Speaker 5: What pizza did you get?
Speaker 1: I got a.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 1: The pizzas that Leonardo's are incredible, right this institution, that place I got, they do this really nice pepperoni one, but I got it with pineapple on top.
Speaker 4: Oh, like you just sort of like added this between that and a Hawaiian that's.
Speaker 5: For different meats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so what the meat and meat?
Speaker 5: You would have offended them at leone.
Speaker 1: Because when I old that, the guy went said, do you want a Hawaiian I went no, no, no, I want a pepperoni pizza with pineapple on top. And he went right, and he was a hipster with a stupid mustache. I didn't want to bring that up and went, I ain't going to be judged by you, hitler. Okay, he I said to him. He goes so Hawaiian. I went, no, that's ham. Take out the ham a pepperoni. You got a pepperoni and pineapple pizza.
Speaker 5: There's serious pizza.
Speaker 1: It's available. If it's got like options you want to add on, then why have it there? And then shame me in front of my daughter. We're having a bonding experience over adjustable sockets.
Speaker 4: I think you may be supposed to add a bit of chili flags anchovies at best, but I don't think you're supposed to go rogue and chuck pineapple on their traditional pepperoni pizza.
Speaker 1: Leveling it up the best part of somebody else's pizza day.
Speaker 5: You're boging up that pizza.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I mvy bogans. They're happy people. They're not self conscious. They want to put pineapple on top of any pizza, anchovies, whatever it is, they go for it. They love life. They tasted amazing. Okay, you had the peppery sensation of the pepperoni. Oh my god, is there a party in my mouth? Right now? That's right? Do you know who got invited? Pineapple, which always brings it citrus tang, but sing out that pepper Yeah, shut that down, cheers with a pina colada. It's like a cement mixer in my stomach. And then she went to wait, since two am, we go the gym or something there can burn this off. How was your day yesterday, Patsy? What did you get up to?
Speaker 2: Had a great day yesterday? What did I get up to yesterday? Chris was working from home?
Speaker 1: How do you find that?
Speaker 2: It's driving me insane?
Speaker 1: A lot of couples must experience this, because now it's like it's odd. We've got this big office here and you have all these big empty offices that are pretty much they're never one hundred percent of fall. Now it actually makes me really sad when we go wandering out there during the show. It's empty after nine o'clock, when you see everyone was in Monday to Friday and now it's like it is just like a deserted space station. We're the only people that survived some sort of plaguely, but it's like it's it's empty out there. Yeah, and that must be the same everywhere now. But some offices are making you come back to work. Yes, yeah, dragon, what a lovely what a lovely conversation. That must be your boss. You have to come to this miserable place. I know you prefer to be happier at home, but we don't want you happy and we don't trust you to do anything. So you'll be here. I can see you. The bosses are like lifeguards. Whistles are a big high chair. Actually, suer boss would love that we should get.
Speaker 2: Like a lifeguard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you work harder, how you sell the ASTs? Well? Col Winston with the why back, I haven't heard him on for a while, and we heard him on nover. Give him a call. Closed the deal by lunch time they get one of those sharks sirens, big whistle.
Speaker 2: He's just driving me insane yesterday, and so every time we come down for a coffee, he'd have to have a conversation, which I know sounds awful, but I just I you time, Yeah, I just my brain after the show has no capacity for conversation till about sort of four or five at night.
Speaker 1: At quite out window where.
Speaker 2: You don't want to hear he's soon quiet. I don't want people talking about.
Speaker 1: And again, what was that manto we had ten minutes ago?
Speaker 2: This didn't last long.
Speaker 1: What is it about?
Speaker 5: Just not Chris, not fre.
Speaker 1: Eight hours during the day. I'm kind to strangers, but my beloved husband. I don't want to speak to you or see you.
Speaker 2: Don't ask me on a Tuesday what the plans for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday.
Speaker 2: And I don't know about the political view that you're I don't have a view on that because I just.
Speaker 8: Don't right, this is what this is what that's better at the office, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's a water cooler chat. You're right, you just want to You need your head space, patch.
Speaker 2: Not only my headspace, my own. I don't I don't want to see anyone until like four, when the school bus comes. Then you can all converge and then we'll have a chat. But this is sort of sacred, and I don't want to talk to anyone, and the just let me have my salad sandwich.
Speaker 1: My wife does at the same time. Sometimes I'll come back earlier from I don't know what. It doesn't feel early to me. It's just I'm just coming back home. My wife goes, oh, I wasn't expecting you back now. It's now not a good time to come into the place I living. And you go, oh, you don't need to talk to any about anything. No, So I just need I just needment. I don't need a big conversation about it. But you're right, he's mistaking you for a colleague, just to have some of that clunky, sort of clunky small talk. But the water cool, the photocopy.
Speaker 2: He's a people person. And I thought, oh, I can't go into the office and do this today.
Speaker 1: Really, so what did you say? Did you say someone I want to talk to you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I do that thing where and Audrey picks me up on it all the time where I'll go.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, yeah, if.
Speaker 2: You're not really listening, mom, I can tell you not even really.
Speaker 1: We get a lot doing the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh really, it's.
Speaker 1: Interesting, okay, and it'd be like this tomorrow. Well, let's talking between the songs antient to engage me.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, moms, so guilty of it though, because we're doing a million different things. Here you are and Master is doing it. Oh that's oh, that's great.
Speaker 1: So you do need your breathing space when you can get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I do, just to you know, just to come down from that top of the mountain peak that we're on by nine o'clock after this.
Speaker 1: However, the other side of this is if I'm just saying about my personal if I have a say my wife, I'm not really up for a chit chat right now, that is an option the other way around. Apparently it's an option. It has, But when I do that, it's it's aggressive. Actually, not in the mood for chit chat right now. It's just going to have my own special time right now. But why seems to think that this is that time. It's like a pilot, a surgeon. She thinks this is But you've had that. Now, now's your grown up time. Now you need to be in the world.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Pepperonium Pineapple Works. I also add blue cheese that is a like actually is it's Richard is the name? It's a king's name, King Pizza King Richard. Oh that's a heavy logo. And on wash that down with a can of pinucolada. You're good to go. On a Tuesday night, Christian I tell you what makes me smile. Pats's old timey stories of her having to walk ten miles in the snow with no shoes up here with the sack of wood on her back and then back again.
Speaker 2: When's the last time I talked about my Monday?
Speaker 1: They are like that. That one she tried to tell us that she used to have to swim in a creek.
Speaker 2: There was a creek running through the back of our primary school.
Speaker 1: You used to swimming it to get to school, not to get Yeah, and punch ourselves in the eye with spikes. That was our lunch weight. Lucky to have it made us tough, lucky headlines.
Speaker 10: We never had lunch.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Pats had to kill herself with the bare hands, rip ox and apart, shew it eat the heart.
Speaker 2: Used to get snakes a lot on the cricket pitch, and we'd have to go to the staff room and the tea be a shovel outside the staff room for that very reason.
Speaker 5: Snake shovel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the summer, Absolutely, you'd relate to the selex.
Speaker 10: Definitely saw so many school yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I went in a class with you. No not, Oh David, look what you've done though you've broken out to one of those, just like said old neighbors Chan the fence snakes. You say, Maureen, gon hear you in the garden, Maureen. All right, let's get our phones out. What have we been googling the last twenty four hours? Open tabs here whenever you want to have a look at what I've googled just in the last twenty four hours. It's just because we can now to just chuck anything throughout the day into Google. It's crazy the stuff that you just vomit up. So this morning I woke up. I want to know how Island had got on in their World Cup qualify match against Armenia. Amenia ranked one hundred and fifth in the world. They haven't won this year. They've got beat my Portugal, who are in that group as well, five nil. Island lost a huge storied. Island is fuming with the team, the coach and rightly so. Armenia one hundred and fifth in the world. So it's now harder now for Island to make it to the World Cup next year because obviously Australia is there and apparently they were taking part in the ashes. According to Alexadir and the Sports News against the un English team New Zealand. That's the Giants. So yeah, I was looking at that, and I want to see how Aaron Rodgers had gone for his first game with the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, he still slinging it against his old team.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. He smashed them. He threw a couple of touchdowns. And then I need to I need to find out how to change over. I didn't know you could do this. You can change over a fridge store. You can move the hinge to the other side. My daughter wants me to do it, right, and I was like, can you do that? She says, yeah, but you need to get a special You need to get a new hinge to put it on the other side and do this. I really want to do this for her. This feels like a it's this a doable thing that someone will my skill set.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it is a doable thing, but then for someone gift gifted with other talent. But it is annoying because when we got our new fridge, I had to suddenly switch from it's now left hand door, and I spent constantly muscle memory goes on the right hand side, so it would be a beautiful gift to your door. To be able to switch the hinges.
Speaker 1: Around people would have done this. Is it tough? Is it?
Speaker 5: It looks hard? It's a big fridge door. They're not live.
Speaker 1: No, they're not light, and it's like lining it back up. And I think you obviously need if you're on the easy bit is unscrewing it. But then you're left with how do you reattach it on the other side? Can you swap over that? But that hinge would have been a righty yes, yeah, yeah, you know I need to go from the right hinge to a left hinge as you approach the door. Now do I need to buy a new hinge? And obviously need to try and find out what the fridge is a Westinghouse, I think.
Speaker 5: Blind leading the blind because finitely I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: You ever changed the fridge hinge over?
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't even know you could. But I reckon Robert E and S would be able to.
Speaker 1: He's the owner. I can't say a a millionaire owner. So I said, you don't say the bezos what I'm bringing around? What you bring my books? I bought advertiser. Why say you get some spanners and come round to my daughter's place and change your free store. On Tuesday, I went to two till three slot there rob E and s. Yeah yeah, listen, change my daughter's free store. You can't change, you cannot reach.
Speaker 8: I changed the washing machine store at the hinge over real, Yes, did you?
Speaker 1: And I was really worried about that because that is that's water.
Speaker 2: That's like a two or three person job for a fridge, like you need someone to hold it. Well, you surely take it off the bracket.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I reckon, that's the one person thing. You do, the thing where you you lean it towards yourself when your balance.
Speaker 1: It on your foot with a big thing, don't you. Yeah, yeah, you get that foot there acts like a trolley. You're that you become the trolley. But then you go, well, I've got two hands holding this big ass door. You should a carp on it. All of a sudden, how am I going to free one up to do the new move hinge right to left? You should definitely, I'm not left handed, so there to switch it? Yeah, I do need. I've got Robert texting right now again. Hey, I haven't seen you in a couple of months. Meet you in fitzroy two, bring your toolset okay.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: A lot of men are giving me right now about how difficult is it to change over the hinge on a fridge door, Christian. Thing I learned doing bad by the way losing to Armenia. Norway have just been mulled over eleven to one in a World Cup qualifier. They got to manage to United player Harland who scored five goals.
Speaker 4: Ah well one time in a World Cup qualifier.
Speaker 5: Australia beat Samoa thirty one nil.
Speaker 1: That's rue.
Speaker 5: Artie Thompson scored eleven goals.
Speaker 1: Christian. When you change over the hinges on a fridge, you just close the door. Attack new do you mean attach you put here? Attacked? I would attack them. That would be the problem, Christian. They aren't like normal door hinges. They're basically pins that go through the top on the bottom corners, hence reversible. You don't need to buy a new hinge. They are universal.
Speaker 5: It's easier or harder.
Speaker 1: This is just no, no, no, just no. What air taskers invented for that economy going okay, it's it's money that somebody else can do that as well, we just say. Kaitlyn came in and said it would it would take me a day, a day, a day. She lets me up and down assessingly, went a man like you, it would take a day, a human day, well, a normal man maybe a couple of minutes. But a radio man who's built a radio and only that, then that's a day of your time, of your your DJ units. Patsy, what have you been googling? What's your open your open your tabs? Well?
Speaker 2: On Sunday at Father's Day lunch, we were at the Langham looking out over the Yarra River and I said to Chris, it's so beautiful there and it's.
Speaker 1: A lovely spot. It's really nice. The City of Flindus.
Speaker 2: Street station, the skyline, and I said, you know, dolphins come up this far in the in the era and they lost burst into laughter and said, no, there is no dolphins in the Arraw River. And I said, absolutely there is. There's always sighting. So I googled it in the restaurant and they have your kid.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, what that far into the Yarrow, the Doghar.
Speaker 2: Into the Arraw. So there was a siding in as close back as what five years ago twenty twenty, dolphins were seen in the Yarraw River.
Speaker 1: At that must have been some sort of exception.
Speaker 4: And was it like, you know, people see the yetties, like, do they actually see a dolphins?
Speaker 1: Are you sure this wasn't like a like a turd or something, you know, and they thought it was fin's It might have been a floater or something.
Speaker 10: And when they're radioactive blowing.
Speaker 2: And then in twenty eighteen near Richmond in the Chapel Street Reach, and then again the year before in the CBD d you right near the Botannic Gardens. So they are in and around bottle those dolphins.
Speaker 1: They must be lost, you know, sometimes it can get confused, you know, with sonar equipment, they can get lost. Yeah, and they and they missed sort of reeds, qes and stuff like that. But any sense why they'd come this fire?
Speaker 5: I know, what do they in Richmond? Maybe this float? Maybe they look at the g Yeah.
Speaker 1: Final, why can't dolphins have day trips just pouring being out of that bay or day doan looking at the fairies and the boats they just fancy coming up and look around. Hey, let's go in the city, go and taking MJ the musical.
Speaker 2: How far they go though, Like on any given how far do they venture from the bay into other sort of inlets and stuff?
Speaker 1: They must fit tracking devices on them, they can't. I reckon. There's been no sightings for the last couple of years where you reckon. The last one was five years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at a photo though, Christian.
Speaker 9: This is the y dolphins.
Speaker 5: These are dolphins that are like leaping into the air. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, imagine seeing that wouldn't be now, Ria, what have you been googling? What's in your open tabs?
Speaker 5: I've been googling what uses more energy?
Speaker 4: Dishwashers or hand washing, because I probably, like everyone, hate washing things up by hand, pain in the ass. I sort of see dishwashing as almost like an indulgence, Like you use it sparingly.
Speaker 5: It's going to use a lot of energy. You're going to use a lot of water. I'll try to handle it.
Speaker 1: You really are worried about this place you're bought now, where you're working out out, I'll tell you what. Get a dishwasher, just shove it in there. I hope it uses up a lot of energy. I'm groudly going to pay you to do it because I had years in my life when I didn't have a dish washer.
Speaker 4: Yes here, Well you'll be very very happy to know. And it's changed my life finding this out. Dishwashers not only use much less water than.
Speaker 1: Hand washing today, I bet they do, they.
Speaker 4: Also use much less energy because it takes if they're very efficient at heating water. So if you're going to make a tubful of hot water, that's going to use more energy and water than just chucking stuff in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you leave You're right, I guess you're leaving that tap running for ages, aren't you?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 4: So now I'm just chucking anything in the dishwasher, like anything goes.
Speaker 1: Put the thongs in.
Speaker 4: Like yesterday I was looking at this dirty pass the dish I was like, can't be bother washing that? Bam straight in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 4: It's so good and you don't feel guilty anymore. It'll change your life.
Speaker 1: The quick wash. The quick wash wash told me that it's quicker and better for it that you don't close up the little tap. You know it's got that little and you just chuck it straight in there. Oh why is that it's about three minutes quicker, and it just it just cleans the plates more. They get that water gets straight access to that little tablet. I have to say, I do you find it pleasing touching that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Squishy yes yes yeah, so like like a fidget spinner or something like that them.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: That's the Actually something happened to me yesterday and I thought, I wonder what Pats would have done this situation. I was put into a very awkward situation yesterday. I went over to one of the more expensive and pricey and beautiful parts of Melbourne, Albert Park. Oh yeah, of course that's where they have that billionaire sport F one tickets go and sell today. Actually think at midday. So if you work with a piston head like we do on the team Lockie, he'll be doing no work from midday. GA tickets go and sell midday today. Big, it's going to be the biggest US Training Grand Prix ever. Next year the sport gets bigger and bigger and bigger than really some more tickets. But anyway, I want to surprise my wife. She's a massive fan of Elizabeth Gilbert and her new book came out yesterday and I was ringing around old school see if they had a copy, and Avenue bookstores. It's a brilliant chain of them. There's one here in Richmond. They didn't have it, yeah, but they did. The one in albert Park did. So I went over to albert Park got the book for her to surprise her, and I thought, I'll have some breakfast some staff in now. So it's a gift for my wife and a gift for Christy Boy, a listener. It serves me right. So I wanted some chili scrambled eggs with a side of bacon.
Speaker 5: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: I got to pay. I didn't have the bacon. They charged me for the bacon.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you didn't you didn't eat it, or they didn't I didn't bring it.
Speaker 5: You didn't say anything even at the time when you get a bacon.
Speaker 1: I have a real I have a real problem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If Sarah was that, I'd ask her to say something, because you talk for a living, you do stand up anywhere, you jump up into that. You won't even so where's my bacon? Go and ask man? So I just skunked out there stopped. I thought, you've grown. You gotta go back in and say something. But the listener was so kind. They'd asked for a photo with me. I can't then go hey, I think you scam me. You're tickling my ego one hand and then you take your money out of my back pocket. I don't think you do. Listen to the show. But you tried that one the other day with you know sampang.
Speaker 5: Or dam Paign didn't get his postry.
Speaker 1: Yeah for me one sound but part cafe. Ah. It is a man thing.
Speaker 4: Produce a teina at a cafe down the road and they made this terrible coffee. It was actually foaming up and could in this city that's unheard And.
Speaker 5: She's like, send it back.
Speaker 4: I was like, idn't possibly possibly, and she took it up for me to be even sounded.
Speaker 1: English when you said I couldn't possibly, that's how we sound.
Speaker 5: It makes my blood run.
Speaker 1: I would apologize. I would apologize for not having my own bacon. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I even ordered it. I'm sorry to ask, I'm sorry to have to I paid it. It wasn't cheap Albert Park side of bloody bacon? Am I paying for the pig is and then like Christmas, hating myself all day. I was so annoyed. I didn't have the balls to go in going hey, listen, you know you're obviously busy. But I never got that bacon because then I thought they might think that I was lying. And I hate the bacon, and that's even worse that they were with it. I met that English guy once and he what he does. He goes around asking for a sign of bacon and then he eats and goes. I didn't get many bacon bacon. It's a deadly mail CMZ.
Speaker 10: Having in Albourn Park, I frequent these, you do, Gorsey does.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear this bacon and eating it? Yeah, so perhaps would you have gone back? It'd be honest right if it was a listener and they just asked for a photo with you, would you go in and go They paid twelve dollars more for something I didn't good.
Speaker 2: No, it's all about time and it's all about how you bring the topic up. Chris will do this. I won't say anything, but he'll be scathing in the cars.
Speaker 1: Day Phil field day and I couldn't go to sleep. Assistant, you just.
Speaker 2: Say something to strand up and say I'm sorry, I'm still waiting on my bike anyfore making me blush say anything. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: How, yeah, gutless person would do that. I was giving a very easy to skulk into radio studio. Yeah, twelve bucks Albert Park. You don't do that with Try that same scan. That will piastre next year. You know the drivers been that's it man? How is that making another one's forwn for it?
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: All the big movies have to be translated into different languages around the world when there's a worldwide release, and I member and DVDs used to be a thing, used to be to flick through the different foreign language. So you could watch The Godfather in Japanese. Yeah, have a little mother giggle, you know, would any of you know what movie this? This is a really well known movie. This is the French version of that movie sala Hey, do you no no good? Guess? Though it does sound like you think President mcgartu Will Ferrell.
Speaker 5: They're angry, they're angry, They're just French. Hard to know.
Speaker 1: Home alone. I wouldn't have that, Yeah, home alone that you would never guess in French translated The home Alone, Mama missed the plane? What Marcelle cocin. What movie is this cool? Poor Japanese is the language? Yes?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it fast and period?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a Japanese Vin Diesel hate to those fans dominic to, of course, is to drag here back in high school. One of the greatest actors of his generation, DiCaprio Vin Diesel is.
Speaker 7: To drag here back in high school. That railroad crossing up there is exactly a quarter mile away from here.
Speaker 1: I'm green, I'm going for you. Be shocked to know I've seen all of them them love them Fast Ferious five is my favorite one if you ever need to know it. Okay, just in case I'm ever in a coma and you're trying to get me to come back, go, hey, hey, I see we're just cueuing up fast Furious five. Hey, he's moving his hat, he's smiling, he's smiling. Fast few is five. All right, So let's go and get some all these What movie is this? Translated into the Netherlands Supernatural super Spectacle beetleges no good guess though Supernatural super Spectacle sixth sense No Interstellar's great name for a movie isn't it You're right there? More like a musical vassoline.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: In Mexico it was called vasoline. This is gettable, be literal vaine, pop fiction salene. What else is vasiline? Known as oh great?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear them singing it in Spanish? Hell? Yeah, yeah, I love this, I love this it more. I used to have a Spanish producer, right, and his wife was Spanish, and sometimes I'd hit him on the phone. It's obviously be having an argument passionate people. So you hit this that kit kat there would be some words where there'll be no version. I think this is a KitKat. I got that bit kit kat. All right. This is Danish big movie, The Boy Who Died in Chocolate Saucest German, and you'll assume it's going to be in German. A German one cut hands, one cut while Wild Speed. In Japanese it was called Wild Speeds No finest work cars, Nope, fast, yes, well done, Fast and the Furious play the clip out Japanese and Diesel. Don't give your Life Away Cheaply Hungarian version of a very very big movie, Profound Don't give it away Your life cheaply Life of pie. Nope, I'll give you two more guesses. Then I'm going to do a very powerful impression.
Speaker 4: Saving Private Ryan like a war movie clan.
Speaker 1: So Michael Kine clan. Yes, it was like Rickman was here, Grub was here. You simply pinched the nose and you go. It's an instant Alan Rickman. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Christian, I've spent the last five minutes holding my nose, Sain McClain, over and over again. I love it. Welcome, You're welcome. You can anyone now can do instant Hans Gruber pinching nose and the Saint McLean. Yes. And on the show we were we had some stories for the ages, simply asking you for pets stories. We're up here on the most extraordinary tale in the show's history of a dog. How do I politely say, I can't taken out of taking left this world, left.
Speaker 8: This world on a tarmac, frozenzen, buried and hugged, and then now giving back to planet Earth and nourishing and avocado tree.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's actually a beautiful.
Speaker 1: Incredible story, isn't it you know that the hero's journey with that dog. You know I had to give itself away to give the kids a story of thought out.
Speaker 5: Love exactly and delicious, delicious.
Speaker 1: And the great glocamonia of life. People are now thinking it must have been fever Tree yesterday it really was. Actually we also had the story about the daughter's goldfish that died and then the mum Coraline, threw it over the neighbor's fence, but it got stuck in a tree and no one could get it down, so it was up there for a while, just that one eye judging you. You knew what you did. Ina rescued her fish from a house that she was selling, and then she took her to a new place, and every time someone came round she would give them a leaving gift of one of the goldfish. What a gift is it? You're just offloading new problems, Tano emailed me yesterday. We didn't have time for these ones, Christian. My sister had two small pet rabbits and asked me if I could look after them for a few days until she got settled in a new home. It's been two and a half years. She hasn't come back to pick them up. Ah, what.
Speaker 5: That is?
Speaker 1: You don't mention it? And then we were talking earlier about men that don't mention anything. Your rabbits what nothing? Sorry, when you know what, you're probably not settled in and that you've unpacked everything. It's only been annoying kid to have it. Like my really annoying pets. Christian friend of ars had just moved into a new house. I had no fencing, so I had to leave their French bulldog puppy inside when they went to work. It wasn't toilet trained. Unfortunately, they didn't factor a robo vacuum would start up during the day. Without going into too much detail, you can imagine the mess they came. Yeah, those robot vacuums go everywhere. They would have really re decorated the Actually just a touch a brown about this house. Head of a smell beautiful molly paint. That's a new thing. Multi Sensory an art exhibition at MoMA.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Magpie Season's backy boy. I don't fear the Magpies because you know, I rescued a baby one last year and they apparently they've got amazing memories. So I walk unfair, you've got diplomatic immunity. Yeah, they go let him through. He's one of us, he has our protection. He protected one of ours. However, I saw some scorkids yesterday screaming and running down the street, running home because some magpies. I couldn't see the magpies. I saw these kids running and I just thought, God, what's happening? And they were okay, and then they were like, you know, all you need is one kid to shout something, and no one looks revidence, any excuse for screeching and running. That age, it was all like you would run everywhere. You would never walk anywhere unless it was to maths or pe, you know, the slowest walk possible. And yes, the time you're just running to various bits of your life weren't. Yes, we don't run anywhere, now, do we. We're just saunter Christian. My dog Buzz ran away from home. Three months went by and we've given up. We come to terms. We were never going to see him a game. One morning we heard a scratch at the front door. Bus was back. He'd come home, but he wasn't alone. He'd brought a female friend with him, buzs you dirty old dog to infinity and beyond. As soon as we open the door, though, his friend pretty much ran away.
Speaker 5: Ahint that always the way?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so true. Oh, Buss, sit down, tell me some Luce Santo. Very funny story, Thank you very much. All right, there's two six word weeks so far. It's Wednesday, is the middle of the week. Rio, how's your week going so far? In six words?
Speaker 4: Lied to the hot gym receptionist, what's happened here?
Speaker 5: I haven't been to the gym all winter.
Speaker 4: I've been hibernating like a bear doing it's just too cold to the gym.
Speaker 1: There's just too many reasons to go. Well, you get warmed up at the gym, get your pump on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then you've got to be a bit cold before that.
Speaker 4: And so once you get into a pattern of not going, it's so easy to just not go.
Speaker 5: You're just like, I'm just not I'm not jimming at the moment. But now it's warming.
Speaker 1: Well, and he went back, get that beach body back here.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, someone's approaching, you know, at a terrifying pace. I better get back into shape, So I go back and our gym has a hot receptionist. I think most gyms do. It's maybe part of their like honeypot trick.
Speaker 1: You're right, Actually they don't stack it with fuglies. No sign up, Yeah it is, it is. It's an age old trick. Same when you're driving around that the people that operate the stop go signs yes because you're about to wind down the window and you go, actually have a nice day, Madam slop show.
Speaker 5: And she actually trapped me.
Speaker 4: She signed me up to a whole one year, you know, pay a whole no, because she said, you.
Speaker 1: Can never leave them. It's harder than get the divorce. You can never leave your gym.
Speaker 4: Because she's flooded me going, oh, you're always here, why don't you just sign up for the whole year.
Speaker 5: You'll save money.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you're so bloody right I am. I'm here like two days a week, I'm always here. You're right, I'll sign up for the year.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 5: I come back and she goes.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well shaming, Jim, shame, Jim sham.
Speaker 4: And I'm like what a normal person would just kind of laugh at afa. Yeah, I'm back, but I was entranced. I mean, I'm a gay man in a long term relationship.
Speaker 1: Three she could turn.
Speaker 5: She's still got powers.
Speaker 1: When suddenly you're coming home and going it's over. You're Sondra from the gym. She's in, she's moving in. Don't make this hard. Back up and get out, mate.
Speaker 4: I was caught in her spell and I suddenly stuck a well, actually I've been in I've been in Europe. Just start traveling around Europe for where'd you got to start maker this whole story. I went to glaston It sounded like an amazing trip. But I just I was like, yeah, I couldn't know that.
Speaker 1: She's now lost any respect for you.
Speaker 10: The stalk your Instagram and see no photos, no evidences.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I was.
Speaker 1: I just had to impet clearly no gyms in Rome or Plastery.
Speaker 5: So anyway, now I'm back at the gym.
Speaker 1: But now you're going to have to keep the story up. You remember your cover story.
Speaker 5: Write it down and just memorize.
Speaker 1: Have a chat with our videoo Q to see if you can photoshop you in some landmarks. So when you go back to oh, just having a look at some of these PS's me and the new Pope, me and Trump. He was in Europe at the same time that you need to have pizza, make some holiday photos to Rio and start posting them. Alex Or sure, six word weeks man.
Speaker 10: So it's a bit. It's a bit complicated, this one. Taradale Yuri Survey seven cactus Land.
Speaker 1: The botanicals, Yes, I know the botanical gods. So I love it there. So it's a really special place for me. The girls, oh, it's such a special place for us.
Speaker 10: But I'll just try and explain some of those words.
Speaker 1: Tarada, which is where we went to on.
Speaker 10: The weekend, little town just outside kinton ur eat little friend that Max made in the park. He's got his older sisters. They're very close. They're twenty six years years old. I just like him saying having other little friends as well. It's really lovely and he made little friend Yuri Survey. You always remember your first friends, you do.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was five, the first best friend I ever had was an Australian guy called Nicholas and his dad. They moved back to Australia when I was seven, So don't I had this friend. I remember. It's the first expence of heartbreak. Here's my friend, Nicholas Arnold leaving to go to and then this would have been the eighties. Australia was just the thought of another planet. Yeah it's mister Elizabeth did twenty three again.
Speaker 5: We should track him down.
Speaker 1: Sho oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely my being and I.
Speaker 10: Had a Christopher Noah, he'd moved here with his family from Iraq. That was my first friend as well.
Speaker 1: You remember your first friends don't have full name.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, anyway they go survey really result yesterday for the show, well done everyone for the rating.
Speaker 1: The chief executors popped in staid a few words. Has come down for the front office. Everyone. He's been here for six hours. He's out celebrating.
Speaker 5: You celebrate the winds.
Speaker 1: He's like the player that paid all year, jumping on that at the Grand Final. He's got the track suit one like the Hell's that. I like the new mate and some it's been injured all year, medal tonight chewing the metal. Everyone, keep it up, guy, it's more of that, more of that, Rah rah rah radio.
Speaker 10: And then seven of course I see Ni day yesterday with me. I'm signing with seven, which was really exciting.
Speaker 1: You actually have you actually got a job with them because one interview three months ago and I can't say m but I've got a big I'm coming back on Channel seven and it's supposed to have happened by now. I've not. I've been watching Channel seven every afternoon. Where's my buddy? You're not there? No listen, anyone will tell you. Commercial television, honywood Bridge is running up numbers on Okay, okay, you can't snooze at that three o'clock spot, my friends.
Speaker 10: No, I know commercial TV moves at a glaci your pace.
Speaker 1: You when do you want? And this is, by the way, congratulations get back on TV. Yeah, and it happened in the Britenning Gardens yesterday. And you're doing the Lotto show, aren't you. It's like you're put in the balls. No.
Speaker 10: I'm going to be the afternoon host on ten seven, so we're going to be taking you through the afternoon. Yeah, we're going to have a show at three o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: And it's an audience of nana's napping, is it basically? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're going to get all the nana's, the pensioners.
Speaker 1: Todd Woodbridge at the networks and my money is on culing. Yeah, so when do you start. We're going to do something a little bit later in the month. Again, there's no TV show. Who are you impressing so much news? There's so much news at the moment.
Speaker 12: Just wait for the pick up a bit, you know, it moves at the glaci your pace. We want to get this right. I can't mess this up afternoon. Meanwhile, running up numbers. Is Woodbridge your nemesis.
Speaker 1: At the legendary three o'clock in the afternoon prime time?
Speaker 10: They're doing pretty well anyway.
Speaker 2: Long not for long, Alex corn it.
Speaker 1: Read in the Big Guns. Yeah, and so it starts. You got start date yet or end of the month. That's all I can say. It's all I can Sorry. His first guess is going to be Max's mate Uri The Big.
Speaker 3: Interview Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: It is time for this week's what are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance?
Speaker 11: Believe it or not?
Speaker 4: What are the odds?
Speaker 5: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 6: Black.
Speaker 5: Were you with Cheryl who married on?
Speaker 3: Who works?
Speaker 11: We in a Sheryl.
Speaker 5: Who married a Hunt?
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 11: My grandmother when she was fifteen came over from Cyprus just by herself. She was here for about twenty odd years and was going to church one day and saw this woman and she's like, I know, know, there's some connection there. Turns out it was her half sister that she didn't even know existed years ago.
Speaker 13: In my twenty years, I was working on charty odds in front picked up a bunch of rich kids in Santa Fey for five day tour. So sating to one of them and I said, you know, we've just come from Australia. We did a charter tour out of Keynes and there was a woman on this boat that like reminded me of you, And I'm like, yeah, that's my twin sister.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Give us a called thirteen fifty five twenty two Christian. I have a two part for what are the Odds? Is from Elise. Firste Rio used to sing in the opener, were you a twin who married a twin? Yes? I am. We have a long wait to reply. Oh my second, what are the odds involves my identical twin sister, Joe. We are both reading the same book as part of a book club we were in. It was very long and we are both still struggling to get into it, so that one Alex has been reading for last year. He's still reading it. My he'sist in the prologue. My twin as a teacher and on her school holiday she was camping and sent the family WhatsApp a photo of her with her feet up reading her kindle with the Murray River in the background. I happened to be at my daughter's swimming lesson, also reading my kindle, then zoomed in our phoe to see what the book was. What are the odds? Same book on exactly the same page book of five hundred pages? Wow, what are the odds? That's a great one. Daryl, Good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Daryl, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good Daryl. So what are the odds?
Speaker 6: Darryl ship back in two dres and twelve. I have personal number plates on a vehicle Old Dog, which is my initials to dog. Anyway, we're driving through the Thompson River and stuff, and I lost it. About five or six years later. I was down at the garage having a cup of coffee and the sanwich and the guy walked up to me. He said, we lost the number plate, and I said, one. I said, yes, I said, where you find it is in the Thompson River. It's in my main cave. That was about five or six years later.
Speaker 1: Did you get reunited with old Dog?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've still got the same number plate up for fifteen years. I've got the hour in the middle of my name like you, right.
Speaker 1: Gotch.
Speaker 5: And so how did he? So you've got new number plates?
Speaker 4: And he recognized the one he found with your new number plates?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got a new one, new number plates.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 1: That's great to do some flat on all the cars, gotcha? So are you driving now with old Dog back on your car?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I still got on the car yet. I did that. That was back in two there and twelve.
Speaker 1: I lost it a right, Yeah, we go particular.
Speaker 6: Friends the plate over and which one did.
Speaker 1: You go to? All right, old dog, thank you very much? Gives a care?
Speaker 3: Right the Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: Andrew wentz to send me a message pet stories Christian. My grandparents were selling their house. Before they sold it, they asked me if I could dig up their dead dogs because they wanted they wanted to take the Why are you kidding me? They've been in the ground for six months. I ain't gonna be there only a bit of Fido's remains. Grizzly a jog. You don't ask your grandson to do that, or any son? I said, no problem. I started digging them up and everything was going great. Was it that when I picked up the box that my grandfather put them in the bottom fell out on the grounds and there was a big breeze and some of them flew up into my mouth?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: I stared up at the sky and said, are you testing my patients? I transported what was left of them to the new place and they seemed happy. Oh, Andrew, incredible. Twenty four hours on from another Grizzly Dog story, the remains the remains and taken them. We've been talking this week about what you take with you? What are the arts? Yes, Andrew, that's an incredible story. I never thought such a scene would exist, digging up dead dogs to take. We want to take them with us.
Speaker 5: Why is that our new wheelhouse?
Speaker 1: Now we're going to get a name for it. Oh, it's people and officers. Ago do you talk about dead dog? If you want to call the English guy Christian, someone on you want to call him? Whole shows around that every day Christian. What are the odds? When my mum was in kindergarten, she got a photo taken of her doing a painting. Twenty five years later, I had my photo taking a kinder doing a painting. It was exactly the same picture. Oh, Tracy, I love that one. Thank you very much. We got Michael here, Michael, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So I'm a fool teacher and I was that teaching in Melton at the time. This was probably going to back fifteen years ago. Now I was doing Melton and in Victoria and after school finished, on the very last day of school, we broke up for lunch. We finished at lunchtime. I caught a flight to Tasmania to lawn System that particular afternoon, and before catching up with people that I wanted to see, I thought, I'll just pop up to the lawn System gorge and there's this little look out there that's very remote. You would never know where I was unless you you know, so anyway, So I'm going down there, walking up to this lookout and this random spot, and then all of a sudden I see one of my colleagues who I had seen that morning at school and they were at this exact same far.
Speaker 1: Was that a great one? What are the odds? An obscure lookout spot and you're looking out for each other?
Speaker 14: Yeah, what are the arts?
Speaker 1: And you go up there and you look around this and you can't see any ikeas from Miles and Miles. Michael, that's a great one. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing what are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chants? Christian. Some photos were taken out a nineteen nineties party I was at. There was an older lady in the background of some of them. Ten years later, after I got married, I was going through old photos. My now husband says, why is my mum in these photos? My future mother in law was in these photos ten years before I met my husband. Excuse me, goosebumps. That's incredible, Kelly, I love that one. Christian. I laughed so hard about that story you just wrote out about digging up his grandparents' dead dogs. I nearly choked on my toast. Oh, I just said to Beausa Kaitlin, how about that story? All right? I was telling her about it because she was taking your calls. I said, oh my god, this guy's grandparents asked them dig up the dead dogs that they buried eight months previously because they're moving home and when it goes and I said, to that crazy, I've never heard such thing shows. Oh no though, that that's not weird. We had to dig up our uncle and I said, pause, let's rewind and press play on air right now, pu Kaitlin, Yes, it happened about un Yeah.
Speaker 15: So my uncle died and my stepmother wanted to keep him close, so he buried his ashes in the backyard in the box that it came in, and we had a beautiful little plarque for him, and then we sold the family home and so she didn't want to leave my uncle there, so we decided to just dig up the box.
Speaker 2: It was a box, so it wasn't like a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no I know, yeah, I know those Yeah, I know what they're coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dug up the box.
Speaker 1: And few because the way you the way you said it to me, there was no ashes in that story. You said we had to dig up our uncle, and it was sort of like is it a Bogan funeral because you have a viking one worrying him down above ground pool just in a camping chair, just sat in it. It's some carcamaine Forax to get me through to the other side.
Speaker 2: It was next to the above.
Speaker 1: We weren't far away. We weren't far away, just out of you. There's normally a bogan scene there in the background of Cage's stories. All right, let is take one call quickly. We've got Marina on the line. Hey, Marina, welcome to the show. Hi Christian, I'm good Marina and Marina, what's your story for us?
Speaker 7: My story is years ago, I went to a party with my ex boyfriend that would have been in about nineteen ninety three, and we went to the house and you had to take shoes off because she was a clean freak. And my husband, my boyfriend at the time, was wearing bludstone boots and he took them off. And then we came home and I looked down at his boots. I said, you've brought the wrong boots home. I said, they're not your boots. They're way too clean to be your boots. A couple of years later, I met my now husband of thirty years, and through conversations wet we realized we met at mutual parties and they were his boots that were brought home to my house or he was living with me.
Speaker 1: This is this is like a male version of Cinderetta. Yeah, is this slipper? Yours? Are these blunstones? Yours? If the blonstone fits?
Speaker 7: And my husband is a clean freak, so his boots will clean boots.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like your ex boyfriend maybe brought that energy, brought.
Speaker 5: The boots into the house, and you.
Speaker 1: Were like, I wouldn't mind getting a piece of whoever's feet.
Speaker 10: Were in these.
Speaker 7: It was definitely a good energy.
Speaker 1: Oh, Marina, I'm so glad we got your story, brilliant one. Thank you very much to call him.
Speaker 11: Have a great day.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Has he been eating something?
Speaker 5: No, I just know, I literally haven't.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: I haven't had anything.
Speaker 1: Someone's made something oriental, you.
Speaker 5: Know what it would be.
Speaker 4: Caitlin has the stinkiest food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it now? Sinking up out there?
Speaker 5: What she's been on recently?
Speaker 4: It's just steak and eggs microwaved in the microwave.
Speaker 1: She stanks something. It's a flatulence, isn't it. He's egging it up out there. List and Eggy do that in your own time, not in this small room. You know it's the aircon gets recirculating here. Don't choke us out. Okay, that is anti social.
Speaker 2: Actually it's an Australian.
Speaker 1: Christian. This is from Eric Christian. Did I just hear you say you're doing pet stories? Are you? If you are? I am. Many years ago I was working at school. Calast had an incubator where you could watch chicken eggs hatch. Once they hatch, the kids got a chance to take the chicks home. What a terrible idea. And I say this as a father myself, but children of a certain age are psychos, No that they are. You know. One girl took home five chicks for the weekend and return them on Monday. Turned out the father and that accidentally stepped on one, sending it to chicken Eaven. They buried it in the backyard, had a ceremony. Meanwhile, the following Monday, here younger brother is quite a strange kid. Did show and tell it kinder He brought in the dead chick. Oh my, what hell of a show. What a show stopper.
Speaker 5: It really stinks.
Speaker 1: That can't happen tomorrow.
Speaker 5: It's like a burn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Actually it's something on fire and a seriousness. So when I see smoke, someone's toast. We've been in here once. I was doing a show in London and Lember of the show we were like, something smells Suddenly the desk that I sit in front of the actually burns into flames.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness?
Speaker 1: Do we what do we do? Show both? I think, all right, today's time waste. We're looking for your TV show bands up for grabs. Go and see Credit House live at mornings on the Red Hot Summer Toll second and final show November thirty on sound Out Ticketmaster. We have a pair of tickets. What do we think is in the top five greatest Ossie TV show themes of all time? The Goat Goats high School Play School is yes, in number four. But then your top five.
Speaker 2: Here, I'd have to say Neighbors number one.
Speaker 1: Pat, Now this is a banger. It's good ned all right? He got three more to get in the top five. Greatest Aussie team No home away not there? Pajamas not there?
Speaker 2: What about sons and daughters?
Speaker 1: No? Think of another one? Yeah, sad old team too mournful.
Speaker 2: This isn't think Jiff Harvey wrote.
Speaker 1: At number three. A. This is a brillant one brand. It squis the kids love this, Yeah, great show. This is my number one. It says it's like the sound of childhood, isn't it's Shenanigan's energy, chaos noise. That brilliant And then Alex must have been voting this the ABC News theme. This that is a great news theme. That's the older one, a new one.
Speaker 4: Pendulum actually did a remix of this and made into the Triple J Hottest One.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They did a Drummond based remix and it's sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's pretty lively for the news, isn't it? All right? Time waite today? Then, when we're looking for your TV show bands, note that full House of Pain, Oh Silver, buss dor the Who Yeah, Gold, Orange is a new Black Sabbath Silver, you two Broke Girls, Gold, Cheers for Fears, Oh Yeah, Silver and How I Met Your Wolf Mother golda what have you got? TV show bands?
Speaker 9: Katherin Lilkim Oh very good Gold, BLUs Fansie Wants a Wife Another Gold, Louie Lewis in the News Silver and Colin Hay from Accounts.
Speaker 1: Gold. Those were great.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: This is the pendulum remix of the ABC News theme. You're right, this is slaps, this goes ha. This is very good. Now this is gonna be Alex Steinhub's new Channel seven news shows.
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 1: Play and you're doing it behind turn tables, aren't you. He's going he's mixing the news. Okay, all right, TV show bands you ready tomorrow?
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Cardi B Bear, No hum free be Bear, Cardi B Bear. We're looking for your TV show bands. Renee Fisher. That's brilliant, Cardi B Bear, Louie Oyster Cult, Louie filmlt Danny very good. How doos to Steve listening to us right now in Darwin? Thank you very much, Steve. Everybody loves Ramones. It's from bj Grank. Denny is asking do you want to hear a kiss my rose? That's right, it's seal or no seal? Well done, just in great setup though as well. We cannot say the same for this one. Two and a half Madonnas mad Brons. Guess who that's wrong? Poor cooy Rock, the different strokes, Silver Savage Gardening, Australia.
Speaker 5: Golf Plus that's so good.
Speaker 1: Fraser against the Machine, Gold Rage Frasier, Alien, Earth Wind and Fire Silver, Cold Play School Bronze two and a half, Boys for Men Silver, Thunderbirds of Tokyo gold, Breaking, Bad Money gold and finally Doctor Field Collins, who's the winner gold?
Speaker 5: Well they're amazing. Savage Gardening Australia, well done.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast