Speaker 1: Hey, legends, welcome back to the Mason Cock Show as you can imagine, and insane week in football. To start off, Gil had an apology which we all knew was gonna come. We also had two Tigers last Hurrah, absolute legends of the club that played their final game, and of course that Friday night battle one versus two Collingwood versus Brisbane. So massive, massive podcast coming up, So settle in. Let's get into it. All right, legends, let's get into it. Welcome brighton, Oh Mason, don't be like that now. I know you've got some big news for us off the top that you want to just dive straight into.
Speaker 2: Straight in. Leather us up. We've got some good news for you.
Speaker 1: We're going to beyond the Valley. I hear there's a little festival here in Australia around the New Year's time that all the kiddos love to go to. Is a few doof sticks. You know, the old Matt Preston who was on a doof stick and someone sent me and myself, I think, on a dupe stick last year. So I'm not sure if we're going to come with our own doofstick, but I feel like that should be our one thing we should go to be on the Valley with surely.
Speaker 3: Now, I didn't know that it was a music festival, mate, so I thought you were asking me on a Lord of the Ring style adventure beyond the Valley. But I am very excited to be a part of it. And I'm actually starting to shit myself because great more and more people are like, oh my god, I'll be beyond the valley. I'll see you auld beyond the valley, And I'm like, jeezus, this is going to be concerning if a lot of people show up.
Speaker 1: Think a lot of people know that you've never done anything publicly in front of people. So I'm excited to see exactly how you respond, Braden.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see how I respond. If there's alcohol at these things, right, maybe a couple of you know, bits of courage to fill me up. And there is women at these events too, mates, it's graded. I'll got one eye on the crowd, see how we go.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine telling that story you're running? Where'd you meet beyond the Valley? So did you check out the podcast stage your boy was on there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll do yes, That's exactly how lead with I was on the podcast stage, man, so that's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 1: It is. Well, before we go too far into your future missages, we'll get into the podcast. There's a lot to cover here today and we'll start off with the clangers of the week. What do you go for us?
Speaker 3: And this was one of those weeks where we really have to short list it down from about twenty clangers that happened over this weekend.
Speaker 2: Because she's they're ramping it up.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, some of the officials getting into finals mode as well, so they're all ramping it up as well. But I will jump into mine, which is the West Coast Eagles. Now, it's probably the only time as a fan that you're sitting there as your team's taking the lead and you're going, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: We've been practicing all year for this.
Speaker 3: We've worked hard for this moment, and you're stuffing it up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I get you want to win.
Speaker 3: Everyone wants to win, and it's all well and good, but you know, number one draft pick is also something to be very happy about. You can have your moment in the sun after the season is finished. But West Coast are really trying to fumble the bag. They got one game left to see how much they can lose by. But if they don't, I had flashbacks to the moment where Richmond won with like a kick after the siren, and it set a chain of events that happened that ended up them getting Dusty in the draft. But you know, come on, just take the l go back to Perth and get your number one draft pick.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though, I might have said Adamsinson's job at the same time, so they did have something to play for Bradon. We'll get into that later in the podcast. Mike Klanger for the week. Oh man, if everyone's watching on Friday night, this might be the biggest news that came out of it. Devin Robson, he's got a rig. He has got a rig. His shirt came off. Frozie ripped it off from behind him. He went full hook and then threw the whole thing off. He said, Nat, we're going full Duded here. Now I'm kidding half. We're almost went the full Monty. But he took his shirt off, and I think the statistics said he gained twenty six thousand followers overnight, and I'm just saying this. If I'm Devin, I'm just starting an only fan starting today, because then you can retire. You don't worry about anything else, just you know, continue that momentum. And yeah, he was, Hey, he's looking good. Just starting out there. Man, there's I guarantee you that twenty six thousand, probably twenty of those were females.
Speaker 3: A lot of thirsty, thirsty AFL followers out there just tuning into the game. Didn't know that it was going to turn into like a bit of a foreign SBS film late at night where if all the lads out there know what I'm talking about, But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was that good. A rig was that that could run?
Speaker 1: It was pretty good. I'm gonna lie. I mean, I'm not taking my shirt off in the game. I'll tell you that, Brad. You know what, the guy was running around with the new jersey, I would have tried. I would have been darting straight for that guy to get a new jersey.
Speaker 3: A SAT I always liked that there's TV, there's high definition, standard definition, and there's zero definition.
Speaker 2: That's what I got to be here, so I can't really tell it.
Speaker 1: Let's listen again. We'll get into the games. There's a lot to cover here. The first one off the top, Richmond versus North Melbourne, Richmond with the win one on one to seventy two, and the big news that we talked about off the top, Jack Reewalt and Trench Trent Kutchin's last game as Richmond legends, which was an amazing thing to see them sent off in a beautiful style and very emotional before the game, as you'd imagine. But I had this thought, right, So I thought back to Hawthorne and you had Jared Roffead playing someone on in his last game, right, and I think he kicked like a bag and it was like anything that was beyond halfway down the field was going to him inside fifty Like, surely you do this with Jack and Trent in the last game, Like the game's done, You're not making finals, you're playing North Melbourne. They're at the bottom of the ladder, Like, surely that's the goal of this whole experience, is it?
Speaker 3: I think the only difference is small difference minute. They kind of did that, But Jack Reewoldt was kicking absolute sacks and Jared Ruffin was putting him through from anywhere.
Speaker 1: He was actually sold from what Yeah, he was just turn on a dime, just.
Speaker 3: Kicking a snab on the run and did like the Titanic slow motion run.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jack Reewolt's first shot at goal, which was like one of the first, if not the first for the game, he just nicked one of his shoelaces I reckon on the way through and it went about twenty meters to the just ahead and to the far left, and it was like, it's going to be a long day if you keep kicking him like that.
Speaker 1: You could un retire for a game and fix that. Go for one more.
Speaker 3: There was a moment in this game. I don't know if you saw it. Jack Zebel took an absolute hanger and they're like, oh, he still got it, get him a contract. He looked inside and tried to pick off a kick into the middle direc turnover straight to a goal for the opposition.
Speaker 1: We don't remember that. I just remember the the speky bro.
Speaker 3: It's like that's so quick that it was like maybe I still got this. He's thinking as he's running back on the mark and then direct turnover and you're like, yeah, good last.
Speaker 1: Game, good last game. You know I've made my mac Dustin Martin had an amazing game. Turned back to Clark Shy. Bolton kicked four, But we got to go back to this Nick Larky. We've talked about this man a few kick six on the day. He is the Oscar Alland of North Melbourne.
Speaker 3: He's still only just getting started too. Like he's he's got plenty of years left ahead of him, big lad, like big unit can still move like yeah, it's He's had an incredible season, especially where North are and as you mentioned, Oscar Allen, we pretty much give him a shout out every week.
Speaker 1: North as we mentioned every single week when we go do this again, Hey, they were in it for a decent they're competitive. There are fourteen points ten minutes into the second term and it's only a nine point difference going into the fourth quarter. At Richmond rolled him in the end. But like we said many times, you know it's good signs for North Melbourne's good signs. We have a bit of positivity with them, right, a bit of positivity okay.
Speaker 3: And who they got next week again, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: They're going down to the old home ground down there in Tasmania.
Speaker 3: Which is bullshit. If you think like Gold Coast, I think, yeah, Gold Coast versus North in Tazzi last game of the year, I'd forfeit. If I was Gold Coast, I'd be forfeiting that game. What's the point why send us down there? It was the cruelest fixture at the start of the year. You're not doing the fixture and going like geez, I reckon, if we put North gold Coast it might be for a top four spot. Let's chuck that down. And no, it was dumb. Whoever's doing it has like beef with one of these teams like that. There's no way that.
Speaker 1: You're just trying to draw up the Tazzi, you know, like experience. They didn't know if taz was gonna get a team or not. Maybe this is the last chance to be really you know, get the crowd going down there. Imagine that is seldom point.
Speaker 3: We will touch on it. Dimmer said, I won't start for two weeks. Now I know why. It's like, I'm not going down.
Speaker 1: Boys, I just fent to the Gold Coast for good weather. You have to go to Tasmania. Well, speaking of Demo, we're going to the next game. Sons versus Carlton. You would have probably go into this game thinking Carlton's what one, eight or nine on the trot, probably going to roll the Signs who are not making finals. But it was a really good game. Might be the second best game of the round. I'd say Carlton fans would have been sweating. Carlton looked completely off it, like at the start, and I don't know if part of it is you know, they used to like playing it the g OR in Melbourne with a massive following and they just really ride that wave of momentum. They had none of it in the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: It was a day game off Broadway, like their fans rolled in, but definitely nowhere near an mcg experience, and Gold Coast was all over them early and it was all Gold Coast pressure, like they were manic and like Carlton had like nowhere to go, no breathing room, and I don't know, it didn't look good early.
Speaker 1: For the Signs. David Swaller kicked a career high four gold Twoke Miller had twenty nine disposals and Jed Wetz had thirty eight hit outs. So those were the big ones. But you talked about the momentum shift in that third quarter soon said twenty five turnovers and that's whenever the Carlton Blues essentially said, boys were taken over here, we're going to win this game and we're going to lock in a final spot, which they did. And yeah, they're official, officially playing finals. And the lid almost got put back on Carlton. But it's still off, baby, it's still off. The lids are well and truly off. As everyone's been saying.
Speaker 3: It did cook that last game, the last game of the year, would have been Carlton vgw WES to make finals, which would have been an exhilarating game, but they took that away from us. Charlie and Harry playing together again. Harry fair to say, he didn't do too much. Baked the goal, but he was coming back into the team coming back from injury, so you don't expect a massive one from him. He did kick a goal, but it was Charlie that got it to him over the top.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 3: Charlie however, looked scary good, like scary good, and you can finally see him playing in finals like where he belongs.
Speaker 2: This guy's like a.
Speaker 1: He's a box office he's a ticket seller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you could see at one moment where they needed him most, took a mark outside fifty, wheeled around and just smashed it home. And it was like, yeah, to see him do that at somewhere like the mcg in finals is going to be pretty scary good.
Speaker 1: And he kicked five on the day, so we crown you put the king on. I think that's Syler's one. And I want to also shut this out because not only was he good in the forward half, at the very end of the game, he got put into defense and actually took the mark ND fifty. They probably sealed the game for Carleton, gave him the win, which is super impressive. He now sits eight clear of text Walker text Walker Ranger Okay, okay, not laughing over hear the name, and yeah, essentially Carleton's now going into play playing finals. They're locked in crips. Did go down to the rooms, I think in the first quarter and it came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I played, but he had I noticed that he had one of those massive rib guards on, you know where they try to hide it to be like I don't have smashed up.
Speaker 1: This is what I love though, because we get this break before finals, right, And I think this allows all these teams to have a little bit of you know, issues here and there, maybe their body's a bit sore, whatever it is, to really kind of get fresh to show the best of the best whenever it comes to finals. So Carlton's on the nine game winning streak, and it'll be interesting to see them finally playing finals, and they're going to be a threat, there is no doubt about that. In form at the right time of year. Now the next game we're going to you be super stoked about this game.
Speaker 3: Boys. I am sitting here pretty proud of my boys getting the job done. Gws absolutely pile driving Essenon into the dirt. This was I feel like, I'm just going to reel back in when I was like, oh, Essenon has had a successful year, because I don't know anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean, the score is one sixty two to thirty six. Whenever that came up and I was looking at the scores, I was like, is this is this an incorrect Like someone screwed up the scoreboard. I was kind of confused by Jesse Hogan kicks nine and they were trying to get him ten your best nine. That hurts deep, deep down. Oh, I would be filthy if I was him right now, going I was one goal away after having an absolute blinder of a day from getting ten goals for a career high.
Speaker 2: He was limping, he was like in everything.
Speaker 3: He had a shot with second like a minute left just outside the goal square while being tackled.
Speaker 2: And missed his boot. Oh so close.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he said he'd never been near ten before, so like it was a massive effort and you know they've still got stuff to play for Essendon. On the other hand, boy, oh boy, where we when you're playing and you can see them trying to get one of their teammates ten goals and they're subbern out Toby Green to just chill on the bench to rest up, and it's like, surely you're sitting out there going like, oh my god, we're like when non competitive at this point in time.
Speaker 1: It was interesting. I mean, Bomber's still mathematical chances what I've been told.
Speaker 3: I think they have to beat you by like one hundred and sixty or something. Wow, doable because.
Speaker 2: They hear of the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look at this, Wow. But Jesse Hogan maybe pros up to you for not making that's.
Speaker 3: Rough, and we will say one of your favorites, Phil Davis retired one hundred and ninety two games over fifteen years.
Speaker 2: That's a massive career.
Speaker 1: Is one of the absolute like you talk about like good guys at footy who are just super nice, loving person like just an absolute legend, very well spoken, very nice fella. So Phil Davis does retire off one hundred and two games, and I'm going to miss him out though. He's just one of those people you enjoyed like he was a tough competitor. Don't be wrong, but I think he's one of those people you enjoyed talking to after the game. You know, what do you what are you to man? Like, what are you doing? And he's I was excited to talk to everyone. And he's a really good fellow, really good fellas. He's going to be missed in the in the AFL world, but I think he will have a job in media. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: He could move into a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I reckon Yeah, I think he'll do a bit of Channel seven commentary if I had to tell you, guys.
Speaker 3: Every time he goes on there, he wears the very smart spectacles part of the gang, the Goggle Boys, the Goggle.
Speaker 1: Boys, Classes Gang, Google Gang.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not full goggles, not full Goggle, we'll get them. Well, no one was a full Goggles.
Speaker 1: It's a one man show.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into this next one. Saint Kilda v. Geelong.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Geelong really running out of stem late late in the season, tried to find their winning form that saw him win a flag last year but obviously couldn't do it. Chris Scott no longer a Geelong the danger if they make finals because they can't make finals at this stage. But ross Lyon this is the story. It's not Geelong kind of missing the eighth, which is pretty big, but ross Lyon taking this Saint Kilda team that not a lot of people had making finals at the start of the year. They're a top two defensive team in the league and to win flags you got to be good in defense.
Speaker 1: Defense wins championships.
Speaker 3: My brothers Ross Lion, top top two defensive team and now they're starting to put it on the scoreboard.
Speaker 2: So they scored eighty eight for this.
Speaker 3: Game, which you know, it's not going to blow anyone's socks off, but that's pretty good when you're a Stinger's Saint Kilda. So yeah, it's I think it's they're gonna, you know, rattle a few cages come finals.
Speaker 1: They held Jaulon to fifty five points. I think with Geelong, like yet Hawkends was injured a few weeks ago, I reckon there's some of these guys are trying to get them over the line, you know, and coming back probably before they're one hundred percent, which you're never one hundred percent football, but we're really pushing to try to get their team to make it the finals, maybe get that week to like rest up and then be able to go again. But yeah, Geelong officially out the premiers of last year and not making finals this year, which I'm not sure what the mathematical chances of that are, but not very high. And it's yeah, it's pretty sure. But I want to bring to attention to something that happen in this game because I was looking at as we do on this podcast. We like to have a thing for plumbers, right, so if you get fifty ten to the straight, so that's my thing, right, disposals and stuff.
Speaker 3: Who cares anyone can get thirty touches show me fifty hitouts.
Speaker 1: Many people in this world's done that. So anyway, I looked at it and roand Marshall had twenty eight hitouts. That's good, don't get me wrong. But the weird thing I saw when if you click the hitouts thing was the next one was six. So you're telling me between the two major ruckmen there was thirty four hitouts and that was it. Was there any stoppages in this game? Or was just thirty four center bounces could get those numbers zones? I've never seen anything like that, Like it was the and then I think Hawkins had maybe four after that, so there wasn't It wasn't like there was a ton of stoppages or ability to have hitouts. Apparently, I don't know. Maybe they just kind of hugged each other and made love in the middle and let it drop and didn't touch it.
Speaker 3: I mean, most people would love free, free flowing foot, but not not the rucks.
Speaker 1: Not the rucks. Those numbers, yeah, and the Mids don't give it to.
Speaker 3: Us that I will back over it. Fifty five. Geelong scored fifty five with.
Speaker 2: Hawkins Cameron Henry.
Speaker 3: They've got so Stengle like, they've got so many forwards it's it's very impressive and they're gonna hockon. They're gonna do some damage out there. Now, we got to get to this game because it is the biggest talking point and obviously could have been Clanger of the week, Mats.
Speaker 1: Can I preface this game before?
Speaker 2: This is Clanger of the years?
Speaker 1: Hands down, Mace on this podcast, right, we've gotten in trouble a few times. I'm gonna let you lead this one, Brandon, and if I don't say anything, you know, take it how you may set.
Speaker 2: The scene, if you could at least be a scene center.
Speaker 1: To give a bit of context to people out there. Adelat lost this game, which therefore means they're not playing finals, so it's have to say big decision. Whoopsie.
Speaker 3: Let me give it a little flavor now that you've set it up a little salt here. So ben Key's right kicks a blinder on real kick by the way from the corner, and it goes through. It goes through so much that he's so convinced that he's off celebrating in the front row, pointing to his head. You don't do that if you think it missed, Mace. Yeah, you're not trying to convince anyone you think it's a goal.
Speaker 2: It is so close.
Speaker 3: But I've never seen someone with so much conviction go like, I swear on my life that was a point and I'm not going to change my mind. Signals the point off they run, so it's like, I don't get the point. Pardon the pun of the score of you if we're not going to use it, come up with a solution, because then you roll out Gil, who's in a sling. I don't know why Gil's in a sling, but he's like.
Speaker 1: The off season for him, after.
Speaker 3: The year when a flavor, so they're good on holidays and yeah, he's like, yeah, yeah, if we had a look at it, oh, would have been a goal. It's like, well, tough tits mate, it's too late at latest book. In their mad mondays, AFL took ownership to say they were doesn't matter. People's excuses are like, yeah, but you know, we should have done better in the first three quarters. That's where we really lost the game or whatever. No, you put yourself in the position to win the game, and you won the game and it was taken from you.
Speaker 1: They could have won the game, but Sidney could have if it was considered a goal, Sidney would have gone this ston a bount to try get forward, so Sydney would have had an opportunity still win. But the matter of the fact is the arc vision wasn't used when it should have been used. And I look at it now, and I'm looking at the Women's World Cup at the moment, VAR right, that thing can figure out whether or not it is a finger length over the goal line. If it's a fingernail over the goal line, Surely looking at that, we can just call up the VAR people and go, how the hell do you do this?
Speaker 2: Give us what they're going to give us.
Speaker 1: What they've got. There is literally a test scenario in Australia for soccer at the moment doing its job and doing it well. Surely we could just say, let's payback off that shit.
Speaker 3: In all of this mace we learnt. One thing is if you slap the post, the sniko goes out the window. They can't use it, so every defender is just going to be slapping the post when the ball's going through, So that technology is now null and.
Speaker 1: Voyage if you have to stop the game to make sure you get that decision correct. In such a pivotal time of the game, you have to stop it. I understand the IFL wants to make the game free flowing and wants to make it quick and wants to make it exciting. But in that moment, in the pressure of the game, whoever's running the arc needs to get down to the umpires on their mind and say stop it for at least five more seconds until we can get this correct. If it means that maybe like you can't get that exit kick wherever it is is Sydney and be able to get get out fast. That's just the scenario and that's what it is. But in that pressure of the game, you have to be able to make sure with all due diligence that you're making the correct decision. Yes, we're all talking facts. Anyway, Sydney's on a six game winning streak.
Speaker 2: How good are.
Speaker 1: How good a US bad news for them though. Tom mccarton did get cited for two weeks for essentially a bump.
Speaker 3: So they are going to challenge which we don't know the outcome of, but it. I was surprised they're challenging it. Watching it live, I was like, oh, look, it looked like a huge bump. But it looked like a good bump, and then they showed the replay you know that thing that you can see if you get it back, and it clearly showed head contact. So electa bump hit the head gone, It's pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: We'll move on to the next game after that one, the Bulldogs versus Eagles. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Shit just kept getting more frustrating as the weekend went on.
Speaker 1: Mess this weekend, how we landed here?
Speaker 3: Which which fan was watching this game and was happy?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think anyone was happy leaving this ground. The Bulldogs lost eighty five to ninety two. The Eagles have now lost the first round draft pick. The Dogs are out of finals. Adam Simpson does probably get to keep his job out of this, and now the pressure's probably on Babe. So you can say that the Adelaide game was controversial, but then backing into this game after that, you could almost just say we've doubled down.
Speaker 3: I just imagine that an Eagles fan and a Bulldogs fan barracking for the same thing in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Eagles fan, they've got the ball, They're like, kick it the other way, kick it the other way. Bulldogs like yeah, kick it the belt forward line.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: What My favorite part of this game was Adam Simpson's comments after the game.
Speaker 2: So good, so good. I was telling you a little bit of character.
Speaker 3: Not great for graphics because it was full tongue in cheek, but essentially he was like, we were really trying to tank at that last three minutes and we just couldn't get it done.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's gold.
Speaker 3: Obviously, people in the media and fans are like saying that they were tanking the other week by not putting man behind the ball. Well, I actually put a man behind the ball in this one. They threw Oscar Allen back late, so there was a bit of a difference in there. But I really did appreciate the joke.
Speaker 1: It was good. I like Adam Simpson.
Speaker 2: I like personality.
Speaker 1: The people give personality. I want, I need to stay in the game and we're excited. We actually didn't really talk about it up there. A dimma's back. Yeah, talk about personality. Dimmers back at the Suns baby six year deal. Hey, how you going by the holiday house and just kick back?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well we may as well carve out a little section for the coaches now because Obviously Adam Simpson going into this game was going to get sacked. Everyone is saying, oh, he's going to get sacked. He's going to get sacked. Obviously not your opinion, but fans h and co that is alike. And then it was completely flipped on its head. Obviously, then pressure went over to bev that's you know, you put the pressure on when you're like, we're a top four list and you're not making finals. So all of that pressure and why do you want to be a coach? Well, Dimmer said he's got more. He's hungrier now than ever going up to the Suns for six years.
Speaker 2: They're looney, they're crazy people.
Speaker 3: I don't get you can't come out of it and be the same as you went into it.
Speaker 1: I think you'd have to be a little bit crazier. Say I want to wear the Gold Coast Suns polo because that thing looks disgusting.
Speaker 2: Macas shit, the.
Speaker 1: Old Maca's shirt. Oh, it was quite funny. It just seemed a bit weird seeing him and that.
Speaker 3: But yes, Dimmer said that he they were like, oh, you're going to take Dusty, You're going to proach Dusty, which I don't even know if it's the right move anyway, But that's neither here nor there. But he was like, I think that I've got everything I need within the four walls. Ellipses pause, and then he says for now before he just like poaches on the improvement.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I don't want to throw one under the bus at the moment.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I haven't been inside the four walls. I mean living it up in France or wherever I've been. But I reckon they see him pretty good. Maybe he just watched the first half of the Carlton Gold Coast game and missed the second half because maybe they could go some guys that could run out four quarters.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's gonna be interesting. And hey, as a Gold Coast Signs fan, we've said this before on this massive Gold Coast Sun fans.
Speaker 2: Oh you are We're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, baby, bringing us back to bring us. No, he's not bringing us back to false bringing us two finals for the first start next year.
Speaker 3: So would you go on record and say that you could see them getting their best ever result next year, which would be I think higher than twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, I'm on record right now, Big cool he's eleven. I'm saying they making top eight next year.
Speaker 3: You didn't even have to say that. You had wiggle room. You could have said eleven, round top eight, go big or go home. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But last thing about this game, I want to talk about Bulldogs players walking off the field a real you know, deja vu about it, didn't it? This is javu to Carlton whenever they had lost a few yar arlier in the year.
Speaker 3: No one really learned from that situation. Carlton fans just forgot that they were doing it, and now they're all back on the wagon, and it is Yeah, it's always sad to see it happen, and this is vile abuse, which wild well, obviously we don't condone it. We would go as far to say that we condemn it, but yeah, it was disgusting. Obviously they're not going out there to lose.
Speaker 1: Whenever someone braded you like that, your own supporters, it makes you feel like this and this is not all supporters, this is just the ones that do this. It makes it feel like they're very fickle. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: Well, you got no one to turn to, no one to back you up. Like you already feel like you're in a hole, Like who do.
Speaker 1: You felt like calling supporters now? I've noticed over the last two years especially, and it's not only just calling supports. I feel like people that support Collingwood just in general, and even if we lose the game, we get clapped off, you know, like that's a great effort, where like in this situation like that it was just vile behavior. And I just kind of feel like over the last two years, especially that I've really seen a shift and probably fan you know, engagement and love for the club, Like it's really been quite incredible to see, and like, I feel like there's a lot of people I do feel like it's family now.
Speaker 3: I think there is a lot of fickle supporters across the league that it's like it's easy to forgive and forget if you're winning more than you're losing.
Speaker 1: I won't say that about our supporters, is I love our supporters obviously, but I can't speak for other teams. Nice We'll go to the next game, Melbourne versus the Hawks. Big story out of this Clayton Oliver got tagged by the Shutdown King called Finn McGuinness.
Speaker 3: So we can be tagged because everyone does the whole like you know those inside ball winning bulls that it's like, why even tag him. He's still going to get thirty touches because he's in at the coal face the coal face who like anyway nineteen hundred, but he can be tagged by Finn McGinnis. I'm not sure that he's really back to full fitness. I won't Clayton Oliver. I won't right off what Finn did because he's been like shutting down some massive. He played on Nick Dacos and did a number on him, and yeah, so he's been massive, but it was he's broken. Clayton Oliver had multiple Clayton Oliver streaks, so he was fifty three games consecutive games with five plus clearances and one hundred and fifty four games with fifteen or more touches. Ye, both out the window, yep.
Speaker 1: And I think it came out to be what he had like fourteen or something on the day and had thirteen, so as a Finn had essentially one less disposal on him. But Simon Goodman after the game said that like he's not obviously he's not trying to go for the ball, which maybe he didn't see the status after some of these. Probably one of those comments he's gone out okay fair after the game, but yeah he did a he did a decent job on that, or Clayton Oliver. And there's another thing I want to bring up, leaver in May massive in the game back line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to say that. It's like, you know, whenever Melbourne's been good across the journey, it's been like, oh, leave in May. How do we stop leaving May? They've been saying it for years, how do we stop leaving in May? And no one has really figured it out. Every now and then they might have a down game or one might get injured and it's just relying on the other. But like, why aren't teams heavily investing in these defenders because you see him make massive differences to teams like you got Darcy Moos, like coming out.
Speaker 1: More, Jeremy how is now playing the forward line, was playing the back line?
Speaker 3: Versatile player like so many teams have these, Like I don't feel like they get the props they deserve, but I'm like a really good center half back off like full back now, like they just intercept mark and set up the whole offense. But it's still like these key forwards and mids that are getting a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I think you need the you need the lockdown defender, so it takes down the best forward, right, so maybe a big defender takes down the first they're the biggest and best forward. And then you've got the interceptor. It just floats around, plays a little bit of whatever he wants, you know, and just kind of comes across old mcgovernent style and just you know, because you think of like brass McGovern brass lockdown mcgovernent, float across, taking as many marks as you want. You look at Geelong, Geelong Scott's Stewart, Stewart who comes across, and then you have blitzebs who might lock down the toll. Like there's it's kind of like I feel like the you know how you kind of structure a team in the defense. You need to have those two people to offset each other to really be as successful as possible. Now, but it is, I mean, defense wins championships and it's such an important part of it. But you know, we all love goals.
Speaker 2: Times have changed so much.
Speaker 3: I reckon like, it's not like the pocket plumber and like the lockdown and they can have no skills and be slow and all that stuff. It's like there's no bad kicks in Collingwood's back line and they all set up the offense and that's where your speed comes from, whether it's like Noble or Quinn or like streaming out of heart, like half back puts all the pace on the game and stuff like. It really starts from half back like a lot of these teams and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, so you got Connor McKinnon. It's like, you know this pace to get it out of the defense, get a good kick and they just a good kick. Yeah, they break lines. I want to go into the VFL from Melbourne now because Brodie Grundie was dropped for this game. Tom McDonald was playing the VFL kick three, So there are some people in the VFL. They're gonna cost some headaches or something.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't going into finals. As far as selection, which would be very interesting to see and how that pans out.
Speaker 3: Ailey Fritch would be pretty close to coming back. And that's that's the last knock on Melbourne at the moment is like defensively, they're just shutting down teams, but they just got to get the score on the scoreboard. But at the moment they're just there. They've got no forwards, like they're going to get some of these forwards, tall forwards in form and yeah, it's it's gonna be a real race to finals to see who they can get in.
Speaker 1: There will be interesting to who they are. All kind of shakes out to be who and who starts in their team.
Speaker 3: But they've got Jake melchcham is like their key forward and he's kicking threes and fours and stuff. But it's like you're going to have some big pillar up there. They could probably go to Luke Jackson type.
Speaker 1: Who knows. That's interesting comments. We'll go to the Freemantle versus Port game Freemantle fifty eight Ports seventy four Port essentially now obviously top four locked in and get the win over there in Freemantle or in Perth. So Rosie thirty one in a goal, he didn't have that goal over his head, that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a pretty good snap. Kids got some talent, I will say that. And who there's Tom Emmont as well for free kick two on debut, which you always love, had the old joelso would head wrapped up. It's always good for you. Just want some good photos from your first game. Your head's all caved in, Bailey, Bailey Banfield now talk about Rosie's like snap goal over his shoulder. It was good Bailey Banfield would have kicked one of the old timers.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately the AFL came out and used the score of you, which I don't know why you would, and it came off the defender's arm. But he went for like full Ronaldo bicycle kick speck and hit it flush, went straight through the middle, but unfortunately graised the hair or two on the defender's arm, which you know that party poopers just I'm sick of goal umpires. Why don't they just use their intuition and just went through the sticks.
Speaker 1: The most entertaining solution to whatever it is I want. If someone who cares if they've touched, you count that. If someone kicks the last second goal, who cares you, you give them the goal.
Speaker 3: They had what's his name long in the Grand Final run and from fifty kicked it and they could have sworn they touched it on the line. Back in ninety three called it a goal because it was fun. Now we don't have any of that anymore. But I will say my boy Horn Francis Dangerfield comparison last weekend, Dangerfield comparison this weekend, same guy. I reckon Danger's just got a mullet and he goes back to Adelaide on the weekends and he plays the game for Port. This was in Perth, so might have to tinker with that theory a little bit. But just bust out of the pack, kicks goals on the run. He can do it all. But yeah, freo competitive kind of like their season, not really there, but you know, I think it was a good hit out for Port going into final.
Speaker 1: You want to know what the best part of this game was? What retro kick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was sick.
Speaker 3: It's literally went for free on the day I and it's my favorite retro kit in the league. I mean Colling would have none retro.
Speaker 1: It's a scene thing.
Speaker 2: Black and white. We got the white and the black. We got black and white with a little pinstrip. We got white and black with a black.
Speaker 1: The swoop jersey this year you don't even wear it, be able to wear it, but it would be cool.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just like it.
Speaker 1: He would lose his mind.
Speaker 3: I just like the use of like obviously the anchor front center delicious, but I like the green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because no one uses no one us. It's kind of like piss yellow for Hawthorn.
Speaker 2: It is like piss yellow. Like that, you said that we'll move into.
Speaker 1: The last game, the Friday night thriller, Collingwood versus Brisbane one versus two at the beautiful, incredibly immaculate Marvel Stadium.
Speaker 3: Now you've already said that you're not saying stuff to piss off the AFL, but there was no tone to that that was legitimate. And he loves Marvel Stadium. Did you hear Jack Greenwalt's comments about Marvel.
Speaker 1: Geez now that he's retarding.
Speaker 3: He did in his last press conference. He's like, I'm going to miss so many things like Marvel Stadium. And then he laughed and said, nah, that they can burn that joint.
Speaker 2: To the ground. Oh damn, that's coming in hot.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: There's there's so many things to come out of this game. So we're gonna we're gonna have to move.
Speaker 2: Our way through this.
Speaker 3: But unfortunately Collingwood couldn't get the job done over Brisbane. Now they're oh, and two against Brisbane, once up at the Gabbar, now once at the spiritual home of football, Marvel Stadium. So you know, but Collingwood had a fair few outs. No Acoss, no Degoi, no Bobby Noymore. Oh yeah, forgot him. He's just he's a minor.
Speaker 1: One somewhat important someone.
Speaker 3: So you know, someouts. So I don't think most Collingwood fans are anything. We're you know, sinking the ship, but it was you'd like to get the win, obviously. But one thing that did come out of this, Mason Cox back in the AFL squad named as a late sub.
Speaker 1: Needed a bit of speed to check that speed the game.
Speaker 3: My brother, we're looking a bit flat out there, getting Mason up, get him warming up, sub going. But yeah, so what was your week like? Because I had no idea. I was sitting there and I'm like, oh, who's the sub to my housemate, He's like, checks notes Mason Cox.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the Yeah. So essentially it was talked about of me possibly being sub earlier in the week and then didn't really announce it until the day of. So you kind of prepped the game as per usual as if you'd play and I was announced as a sub, which was yeah, unique, Like I wasn't quite sure, Like I know, I've been playing one in the VFL, but you weren't really kind of sure what was gonna where the kind of dominoes were going to fall. But yeah, it was an interesting decision. I guess to play a big man as a sub doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 3: Always risky.
Speaker 1: Was very risky. Last time was the sub. I came in for Scott Pilburg and played like absolute dog shits. So the same speed, yeah, same, the same speed, fun ones. Yeah, that's kind of how a background basketball background if you knew did you know that? Did you know I'm American?
Speaker 3: I thought he was American. I thought you were Australia.
Speaker 1: Something like that. I don't know, but yeah, it was a unique week to play this sub. It's always a different feeling because you know you're not going to start the game, but you might have to if someone goes down and I had to go in. I think at the very end of the third quarter. Jacob Ryan, unfortunately on his debut game, ended up getting concussed. Second quarter, second quarter, Sorry, that's what I think. Into the second quarter and very frustrating. You can imagine for Jacob like his whole family over there, like friends. You have this incredible experience, you know, and once in a lifetime you'll only debut once, and to go off with concussion very very frustrating, you just imagine. So as soon as he kind of went down, every time a player goes down, you kind of jump off the bench start warming up. That's kind of exactly what happened. And the physios came over to me goes, look, he's gonna cost We're gonna assess them downstairs. We're pretty certain of this before he even goes down to just be prepared to go on. So when in in the second quarter, I was able to play the rest of the game.
Speaker 3: And play you did, Mace, because they threw you in the ruck, which just a bit of a catch up for everyone not watching the VFL. Mace has had one hundred hitouts in two games. Kind of two games. You played three quarters of the last week, but threw you into the ruck. Twenty five hitouts in a half, So technically on track for a plumb, it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a half because there were I did go into the second quarter right into the second quarter, so oh, it was a pop up that I appreciate that it was.
Speaker 3: I was I'd give it someone leave it in the chat if we give it to him. But a big game for a half in the ruck got a fair amount of pump up through the media, which is very rare silver service to likes of Scott Penderbury, who it did end up getting, you know, thirty odd touches kicked for sure. Yeah, so Pendle's you know, turn them back the clock. But you just kept tapping it down to him. How did you feel out there back in the back in the big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good. It's yeah, it's nice to get back into the IFL and be able to play that. Like I said that being the sub was a unique experience. I hadn't done that in a long time. But yeah, I think we had the idea probably going in, if you know, obviously covering Darcy Moore's injury, having Jeremy how on the forward line, like we could shift things around and move him into the back line if we needed to. We had kind of a few different options, right, and yeah, it was able to go in and play mostly rock so won a few center bounces and kind of got you know, pushed into there to stay there, and we kind of came back in the third for a little bit before it kind of Brisbane took it away in the fourth. But it was a nice little run there, and you know, the likes of Scott Pennbury just making it look good by making sure he gets to the right spot at the right time definitely helps.
Speaker 3: Now, there was a moment because the big feller gets up and down the ground when you're the rock defensive fifty econom McKenna one on once he was just staring into the goggles of greatness.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you know whenever you see someone that's about three times as fast as you and you're corralling them from thirty meters away, just like he used to God, kick the fucking ball.
Speaker 2: Just buying time.
Speaker 1: Come on, someone, please help me, Oh help, help help. No. I was eating like d fifty and he was like like turned and he kind of looked at me and that you know whatever still looks at you goes, oh oh gotcha, crap, I know that I'm gone. Oh no, no, no, that's essentially what happened.
Speaker 2: Hopefully word hasn't come back from Ireland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this seventh foot American is not very fast and he took me out. Luckily, you know, I kind of got blocked and I could kind of take that as the reasoning I couldn't catch up to him. But yeah, he took me on, kicked it, and I think they got out of D fifty. But it was kind of one of those funny moments in the game where you kind of look at it and you're like, it's like me, like today training we had a tackling draw and I'm going against Bobby Hill. I'm like, i mean, come on, realistically, this is not a great match up, and yeah, he just he took me home. It was pretty funny. It was something out of the game. But another few things if you kind of little injury. So Archie he fell on his back taking a mark and felt it for the rest of the game. I think he came off towards the end and that looked right on the sacred like real just vulnerable, vulnerable position, going up for the mark, coming back on his back, he looks steep and.
Speaker 3: It was it was murph. It was kind of that tunneling motion, but one of those ones that was like completely incidental.
Speaker 2: By the way, what.
Speaker 1: Happened to tunneling just doesn't get cold that now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was a lot of it on the week the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very interesting. I don't know, just a bit of advice. But Nathan Murphy officely a few cork legs came off Jacobrian, like we said, with concussion, concussion as there's a few little.
Speaker 2: Things I was going to miss.
Speaker 1: Bo got suspended for a game. I think it was for a dangerous tackle, so he might miss again the last game of the season and then should be back for finals. But yeah, some other stuff out of this John Noble and saying, go, I don't know if you saw that, just did like a pair of wet pair of wet ballerina, just let me dart one from forty five inside.
Speaker 3: I think there's going to be so many offended Collingwood players out there. But I Reckon he's in my top three favorites out there, and then I've probably got.
Speaker 1: Is it because he was like a mid season draft. Yeah, and just as like really had to work for a spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like those Nuggets that try real hard. Yeah, probably have Biden have Braidon Maynard in there for number two because same name, just like we go about it the same like We're both tough, nice, both leadership material, handsome, really well spoken.
Speaker 1: It's getting real quiet here.
Speaker 3: I'll just leave the number one spot open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Darthy Moore. So anyway, another one. I don't know if you saw this. Eddie bats Nev Jetta had a little box up there with this guy, some guy, some guy who named Luke Comes. Luke Comes. As if anyone out there doesn't know who that is, he's one of the most famous country music stars out there at the moment, and he was at the game, which was cool. And I always find it funny because like anytime someone who's internationally known goes to an AFL game, or Jack Harlow wears a free mental hat, the AFL loses its shit. Yeah, and they are just all over it. They're like, how can we leverage this man's popularity to get the rest of the world to give a shit about our sport. And they did that on the night.
Speaker 3: Well they they kind of did, but first time the camera went up there, they were like, oh, there's Eddie Betts and like, oh my god, it's Eddie Bits And yeah, they didn't realize who they were sitting to.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 3: Admit, I have no idea who it is, but I can imagine you're a big country Western fan with your big belt buckle and your cowboy hat and boots. So you went to his concert?
Speaker 1: Was it? Went to the concert on Saturday night? Very good, favorite song, favorite song, fast Cars, and it's most popular.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone's done a version of fast Care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not actually his song. Yeah, but it's his most popular song. But I did sit next to Nico Heinz the NRL players, Oh yeah, yeah, absolute legend, nicest guy over me. Now I did realize this is one of the biggest difference between a f L and NRL.
Speaker 2: No one knew who he was Nico, No people.
Speaker 1: Knew who he was, Like rolling around Nico went up on stage and shock under bureauth he comes. Can you imagine if an AFL player did that, Melbourne would lose its shit, would just say that is not acceptable in our community.
Speaker 3: It's still on like on brand for them, like they like openly accept that.
Speaker 1: And they're cool with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like AFL players do it. They just it's not's not public. They don't pump it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, RL's like this is our identity.
Speaker 3: If if Taylor Swift comes to Melbourne, It's like Mason Cups Spotlight comes down. She's like, come up here and do it shoey with me.
Speaker 1: Without a questions that come with that for that life moment.
Speaker 2: The Grand Final week.
Speaker 1: Yep, still I'll do a boot. I will just do a shoe.
Speaker 3: It's jack It's your version of Jack Rie. Well, it's like mister bright Side.
Speaker 1: It is Taylor Swift per form of the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: And then what do you sing?
Speaker 1: It? Awesome? What am I singing? Karma Coma's really good? Cruel Summers Elite to.
Speaker 2: But they're just hot?
Speaker 3: Now what do you do? Like a throwback to like one of the.
Speaker 1: Others and Mike get horrible? That's not really a pop up song, that's a.
Speaker 3: Really what's the duet one where the film clip is like the dudes in like the.
Speaker 1: Which album folklore?
Speaker 3: I don't know the album now, but like he's got the sign in his house across the road and they're like the neighbors next door and they're like flirting with each other.
Speaker 2: You could like do that play.
Speaker 1: That store with her. Maybe I'll make I am on the floor and I assume I'll be a head above shoulders of everyone else.
Speaker 3: So you've got to do something to get attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we leave this in the comments everyone, What can I do to get Taylor Swiss attention? To get her bracelet on the day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna have a is a sign a bit much?
Speaker 1: She's pretty tall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you have said tall girls gravitate the tall guys.
Speaker 1: True, it's a proven fact. I've done the orange.
Speaker 3: She could write a song after you jesus be like.
Speaker 1: You know'd be like what am I blakey on? Rolling? Rolling in the deep? Yeah, it'd be like essentially Adele. Every time she gets in a relationship and breaks up with someone, she writes a fire album, an absolutely insanely good album.
Speaker 3: Or you could just say it's like Taylor Swift because she does exactly that after she breaks up with it.
Speaker 1: Well, we just went from a footy podcast in the entertainment podcast Real Quick, where you go back to the football. Now this week, what are we looking forward to?
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to say I'm looking forward to it wrapping up now, like after that Adelaide Sydney result, and we'll look ahead for the games. But it really just kind of ruined the last round, so let's get that done because then we have a week off the women's game starts.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I was driving in here yesterday coffee. Son was hitting the window in my car. You know, even if it's a little coldor outside, but you're sitting in your car and the sun's coming through the window and it's like feels warm. You can feel it on your skin. And I looked ahead in the app at the weather. We got like eighteen eighteen eighteen, all sunny. I mean, anyone that doesn't live in Victorious laughing.
Speaker 1: At us right now, why would you choose to live there?
Speaker 3: But eighteen and Sonny, I'll take that every day of the week. Start cracking beers outside, sun stays up a little longer, barbecue starts rolling out of the covers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just looking forward to finals Footy.
Speaker 1: Hypothetically, if you had to pick a favorite beer, would it be Do we have a sponsor Carlton Draft?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, boy.
Speaker 1: We're throwing it out there. You know what, fuck it tag Carlton Draft. That's what we need. We need to put pressure on the sponsors. What's reverse psychology? This shif?
Speaker 3: I can if I mean, you call the zeros.
Speaker 1: I'll do the zeros, you do the full strengths.
Speaker 3: If we can get a beer sponsor going into finals, that will save me so much money because I really I really ramp up come finals time and the Sun's coming.
Speaker 1: Out cash air product. What are you looking for Friday night? I mean, like we went on this whole Sunday you know games, all that kind of stuff, But the Friday nights, Friday night MCG, last game of the season. Essendon Collingwood, big rivalry, like this is why you play.
Speaker 3: It's still going to be big and they always get up for like you. It's like West Coast always gets up for Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, the Tigs. They always get up for Collingwood.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be got a target iner back all year, you know. But it's it'll be a good game. I'm assuming a massive crowd as per usual, and good be playing back at.
Speaker 3: The MCG, even if it's not a massive crowd because Essendon's just you know, packed her up and gone on postseason trip. Collingwood's gonna rock up. Collingwood fans last last chance to get a taste of it before finals, and tickets get a little harder to come by But yeah, get out there Friday night footy heading into finals.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna do shout outs. What's your shout out?
Speaker 2: I want to say, just GWS in general.
Speaker 1: The big big sound, a big big sound.
Speaker 2: Just the vibe of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fact that they're kind of propping up the last round because it's the last game of the last round.
Speaker 2: All comes down to them.
Speaker 3: If Bulldogs get the w over the Cats down at the Cattery, GWS needs to win to make finals, so it gives that last game a bit of spice. But then yeah, everything in general. G WS has just been good little battlers this year because no one expected anything from them and everyone was like, Toby, why don't you move away? Like sticking it out with this team. It's like, well now, now, who's laughing. He's going to be all Australian captain And when you.
Speaker 1: Said this before, I can't wait for that smoke on his face.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna he's going to take his team to finals.
Speaker 1: That's so good. I want to give a little shout out to Lionel Massey. That man is bringing soccer back to America and he's making soccer great again.
Speaker 3: It is good to see.
Speaker 1: I feel like every time I flick my phone on, he's got some other highlight reel from the game. Every single game he plays, he just kicks like a ridiculous set shot or like a ridiculous free kicking. You don't call it and set player. I've actually been transferred over and he's just killing it. And it's cool to see like US soccer because growing up like soccer in the US is not that big and it is blown up yet the David Beckham came over, Tierri came over and played for the New York team, and now Messi's playing for Miami, and it's just great to see these big names coming over and making soccer big back home.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be a hard sell, would it.
Speaker 3: They're like, come over here, we'll give you hundreds of millions, we'll give you part ownership in the team, and you get to live in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yep, when no one probably knows who you are.
Speaker 3: And you get to play. But essentially for you, it would be like playing like Dive four resis like that last.
Speaker 1: Week they kicked forty one goals in a game.
Speaker 3: It's just no one who's going to a new highlight every week, it just gets to go out there and play against another level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Now, before we get into games to watch out for this week, I want to make mention of this because it was big news over the weekend. Jack Zebel obviously played his last game probably out for drink you could possibly say, after at the Osborne and essentially it was king hit really outside of this establishment and now has had some serious damage done to him. And we just want to first of all say prayers up to Jack, like hopefully you know, you get better mate. It's ridiculous, Steven. I don't know the situation, what happened to anything like that, but it's ridiculous to think that this is this outcome of something, whatever it may be. And I feel for him on the night that he's probably wanting to be a memorable one where he gets to enjoy himself. This now is a situation that's turned into something bigger. It really just shipped in. I'm trying to put this in a nice way, like it really gets my good grinds my ears, like to a ridiculous point. But yeah, like it's just it's just a sorry and so, and it's such a thing here. I feel like I don't know. I didn't really see this as much back home, but there just seems to be an aggression with people whenever they drink. And if that is the case with any of your friends, remove them from the scenario and tell them to go home. There's no need for them to be in a public environment if they're one of those rage machines. And we all know that person that does get a bit drunk and does get a bit physical wherever it is, take them home, tell them to go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you want to He wanted to celebrate his career and move on with the rest of his life. Now that's kind of stalled a bit with this. He's got to go through hospital. He's got to get a facial surgery. So yeah, it kind of puts the brakes on that for a bit. But prayers up to Jack's abel. Yeah, no one deserves to get King hit.
Speaker 1: No. But yeah, I just there's that much education right now.
Speaker 3: I don't get violence in this any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: But yeah, anyway, we'll get into just how to cover that. But wanted to get into the games to watch out for this week obviously, the last round of the season twenty four rounds.
Speaker 3: We have twenty four rounds which we do have, but only play twenty three because you got to buy. Collingwood can lock away a top spot if they beat Essendon Friday Night North v Suns in Tazzy. We already talked about that one, but I think I think I'm just getting getting the call in now. If you if you get on the website now, I think there's a couple of tickets left that you can pick up for that one. Surely there's going to be poor thirty forty people there. Wow, well I can't imagine what are you going for? Whack, why you're rocking up just to see ifl mate even even Tazzy people are like, yeah, they've come down a couple of times. We saw them, We saw them, Well what were they going to? It's the first time we can see the Suns move on Brizzy via the Saints at the Gabba, Saints on an absolute heater, So not really sure what comes of that. Like Brizzie can lock in that top two we.
Speaker 1: Think is the biggest thing they're coming out of that for either team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and man Brisbane top two finish, I reckon it almost guarantees them a Grand Final.
Speaker 1: Spot home fortress. We've talked about many times on this podcast. They don't lose a.
Speaker 3: Home Gabba Gabba MCG, and then it's whether they can get it done on the MCG. Bulldogs v Cats the only real game that can cause some turbulence shift. So if Bulldogs win, they are in the top eight and then it comes down to gwsv Carlton.
Speaker 2: GWS need to win to then make finals.
Speaker 3: If Bulldogs lose that GWS are in my boys and Sydney v Melbourne at the SCG.
Speaker 1: That would be good. I'm actually Prome, but it's just.
Speaker 3: What they're doing, like what they're playing for, as you said, momentum. But it's not really like a position thing or anything.
Speaker 1: It's just two good teams going at it and Sydney Melbourne obviously had them on the ladder. At Sydney now making finals like they'll be wanting to make a bit of a statement before they go into it. So yeah, there could be two Sydney teams in the eight this year. Just quite interesting. And who said expansion is not good for the game.
Speaker 3: It looks like probably it'll be Carlton GWS first week of finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, double so two times in three weeks.
Speaker 3: If that is the case, they're going to have a lot of intel on each other. So then it's like you show your cards. But yeah, you kind of have to wait for that. Bulldog's a long game to play out first. Yeah, before you start playing a bit of poker.
Speaker 1: Very true, very true. Well, it's going to be a great week of football. We're excited. We're getting to the end of the season and we're wrapping up this season.
Speaker 3: When Mason Cox starts to shine coming into the.
Speaker 1: Fil just big games, but it is going to be an exciting month ahead. Job on board, tell you friends and anything else becau. We're gonna do some exciting stuff too, and we're going to obviously be pumping out these podcast episodes are gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Fine, go get a ticket to Beyond the Vow because we're a b tvf someone told you we're playing it beyond the Valley.
Speaker 1: We're going to be TV.
Speaker 2: Can you say we're.
Speaker 3: Playing it Beyond the Valley because then it makes it sound like we're in.
Speaker 1: A band behind us. I think they'd be prequel to us.
Speaker 3: I reckon the rumor has it that we're opening for the d M as.
Speaker 1: Huge sound like a great band, you know the people.
Speaker 3: Luke Combs stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luke Combs, Well, I just want to went to this again. Devin Robson, well done. Start the only fans mate, it's the time strike. While the Iron's hired a half naked human, but.
Speaker 2: He's got a first.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I got a ticket to get us out of here and work at a convenience store.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Uh, well, we're going to end on that that way.
Speaker 2: I got a ticket to get us to Blenstone Arena.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch the Suns take on the Mighty Kangaroos. Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you so much for listening in as mentioned, follow us on all the socials and everything else. Put some some stuff together and leave us some comments on the things we talked about in the in the podcast. We're very excited to be part of Beyond the Valley. Thank you so much to everyone the organizers there, and we will hopefully see some of our fans there and it's going to be an incredible month ahead of us, so make sure you're tuned in, subscribe and everything else. But that is it from us. Another week done. Yeah, yeah,