Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms, This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, not Friday, the first of December. You know what this guy's mean. It's our last ever radio show. Oh my god, I'm crying. Okay, Flex is this a joke?
Speaker 1: Choked?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Listen, guys, We're gonna keep dropping bonus episodes and content from our live show in Melbourne all decead by, So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Mary. Christmas, we celebrate I like the traditional happy holidays or maybe not even just enjoy your break always go to treat, Happy New Year? Can still stay that? Can still say and thank you for listening these last two years. Contrary to how it sounds as not funeral or eulogy, we will be around. There are other ways to hear our voices, we promise you. But in the meantime, please enjoy our last live show. Miss you.
Speaker 2: Oh my mummy? Can I listen to Flex and Frooms Flex and Firms?
Speaker 1: Okada, sweetye buyes. It's our last so ever and to celebrate Fremi's gonna play us our first break ever, only a little bit in case it's really embarrassing, but just enough week we can reminisce and bask in our own glory.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Mickey.
Speaker 1: Amazing Flexen Firms first show ever on Kita. Isn't this hot?
Speaker 2: We are here? This is so nice to be opposite you.
Speaker 1: It is nice to be opposite you. It's really romantic. And also it's just a long time coming. I mean, our whole lives. We've been waiting for this moment right here where I could sit alongside.
Speaker 2: You to do this. That sounded like a first date.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know of one of the first things that Fum and I connected on, One of the many first things actually is the speculation people have about thinking that we are lesbians. And you listen to that, and it's all there. We were tuning from the first bright.
Speaker 2: The evidence is there.
Speaker 1: The evidence is there, and if you needed more to add to your dossier of accusations, please do. I like the way it looks, I like the way it sounds. It's adorable to flash back, and this is really matching my current fixation on documenting history. I was talking to Josh this morning, Josh our video expertise, about how when you think about history, I don't know if it's for you as well. But when I think about history, it's like, in my head, I always think history is one hundred years ago, and everything one hundred years ago and beyond is history, and everything now is the present and the future. But realistically, yesterday was history, and if we don't document what happened yesterday effectively, then in ten years time from now, we don't have an accurate picture and what it was like to exist here. And it's freaking me out because already we find it difficult to accurately remember dates and times and what it was really like. The point is you, you are the historian. We are living in a time where everybody, every single person in the world, gets to publish history, gets sit aside what future generations look back and see what our world was actually like, and we're taking.
Speaker 2: It for granted. Post posts with flex Mummy. When we first started this show, I spoke a lot about being a Karen. Okay, it was self imposed. However, of of course history repeats itself and becomes true. It's us since I've given you guys a Karen update, but it's now time. I am part of the rental crisis, being an Australian person without mortgage. I'm currently renting an apartment and my lease is up in seven days. Guys, my twelve month lease is up in seven days. Tell me why I'm getting on the front foot with the agent and yes, this is a complaining break y'p.
Speaker 1: Getting on the front foot a week out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. I got in the front foot about a month out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: And I was like, hey, guys, I see my Lisa ending on the seventeenth of December. Please let me know. I'm very keen to sign another twelve month please, you know it's great tenant. I don't get a reply back for seven days, so I follow up again. My agent says, I'm going to the owner. I'll let you know as soon as I know something. Another seven days passes seven okay.
Speaker 1: King, so better than me I would have been on that phone.
Speaker 2: I start calling okay three times, like sorry, the agents are unavailable, Like what the what are you guys doing? Couldn't get on the men having a biff with the reception of saying Sis, please, it's a three minute phone call. I just need to speak to them. Yeah, no, we need a paper trail, I said, Yank, can I change sis? But then she said no, me, I do like a paper trail.
Speaker 1: I do too, but in this instance, like fourteen days, ten business days, where are you?
Speaker 2: And she the receptions which made me feel better, said, me and my daughter are in a house and we've been in it for eight months, month to month, so this is fine.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Okay, I don't really know why this has come up.
Speaker 2: Anyway, The agent gets back to me and they said the owner will get back to you about a twelve month lease in January.
Speaker 1: Huh what?
Speaker 2: So I was thinking, what would you do if you and me? Would you hit them with the Uh? Okay, I'm going to vacate on the seventeenth of December knowing that the office is shut then, so put them in a bind. I didn't, okay, because they can't take people through all through December because the office is shut for like three weeks, right, So fudge them all up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or just wait till January, knowing that by January it would have rolled into a month to month lease. And according to the law, if you're on a month to month I have to give you ninety days notice. So I've got an extra at least three months on top to do. What to say?
Speaker 1: So do you want to stay. Yeah, and you're presuming because they're hard to get a hold of that, they're doing a dodge and they're going to come back and raise the ramp.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm if they're going to raise the rent, then, like I'll say, I'm just worried they're going to kick me out or something. I'm really anxious. What I'm worried.
Speaker 1: Because how did your mind go there? I don't know, because like high performers always, they're getting fi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it's.
Speaker 2: Asti as I think my age is gonna find me. It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: But Okay, so yeah, I think you're fine.
Speaker 2: I'm fine.
Speaker 1: You've got the paper trail. This was said to you back on email. Yeah, so understandably it's I would go back and say what I'm understanding from our correspondence is I've tried to get ahold of you to renew our lease. You've told me that the age will be getting back to me up until this time. Is it fair to say I'm able to stay in the property up until this time? And based on insert research here, la la la la, just put it in paper.
Speaker 2: I won't hit it in the research just because I like to keep the little legal binding things under my belt and I can hit it with them when they try to throw a dodgy on me.
Speaker 1: Why are we anticipating a dodgy?
Speaker 2: Though? I just always am the rental market, particularly where I live, Like people's rents getting raised by two hundred dollars and stuff.
Speaker 1: But you're still happy to stay there even if your ren't get to raise.
Speaker 2: So what's the issue? Well, it depends how much they raise. Okay, if like in a two hundred ray.
Speaker 1: In your head, the options are your rent is getting raised or they're trying to kick you out. Yes, I see, but we don't know that to be true. We're just speculating. But we're adding fuel to the speculation because your real estate agent is traditionally traditionally hard to get a hold of, like all the other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeap, oh watch this space.
Speaker 1: Why getting back to you in January? Though I don't understand, Like I know what's the holder.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're on holiday. But for me, it's like, in my mind, my mind goes to they want to kick me out because they want to raise the rent exponentially, So they waiting till January because that's when everyone starts like ramping up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, We'll say, I'll keep you it's been not to give too much information, but you've been there for Yeah, so I could imagine like the same old bob like I hope.
Speaker 2: So I just wish that. Then why didn't they sign a twelve months straight away?
Speaker 1: Have they done it? Strayed away? Usually?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Maybe of course?
Speaker 2: Always Flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 1: We've spoken about it enough about not really remembering people's names. However, they're different afflictions when it comes to fru Me and I. For me, when I'm talking to someone, I often don't do introductions. I just get straight into discussion. If I'm walking through the radio station and I see someone I haven't met before, I won't introduce myself. I'll just talk to them, and then every week I'll talk to them, and before you know, it's been eight weeks, I don't know their name and I'm not going to ask now, and I don't really mind through me. On the other hand, different afflictions always ask you for.
Speaker 2: The name will be out and Flexi'll be like, I'll have a friend that're.
Speaker 1: Like FLEXI have you met Dabla?
Speaker 2: And I fully implicate you. So we have different styles for sure.
Speaker 1: A lovely listener of ours has gotten in touch with us to say they genuinely don't suit their name, and I think they need a bit of advice.
Speaker 2: Are we going tops their name?
Speaker 1: Asurely high flexy through me and Mickey straight off the bat.
Speaker 2: I just want to say I'm obsessed with all of you.
Speaker 5: I was listening to the party tonight about names and how some people regret what they call their children, or whether or not certain names suit certain people, and I thought I'd hear a kind of wholesome story about my name. I've always been told I don't suit my name at all, and one day when of my managers, who I don't think I've ever spoken to before, just said to me, you don't look like a Sarah at all. Like I can't believe you name is Sarah doesn't suit you one bit. And I tend to agree with this, But I came up with a nickname that I felt suited me really well. And how I came up with it was I was at a festival and with my friends always two years ago, and I was offering some kom butcher to everyone and telling everyone a saying my mum always says to me, which is Sarah Tonin starts in the gut.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 5: Everyone kind of found it funny, and I got told quite a bit at the festival by a few of my friends, and I guess in general when I'm out partying that I'm my friend's comfort person, which I love. I changed all my handles to Sarahtonin and the name is kind of stuck as like a funny nickname. But sending love and of course seratonin to you all. Thank you for the potty and for the laughs.
Speaker 2: Always from.
Speaker 1: Obsessed, and that's how you really do it. There are different naming traditions throughout all different cultures I've seen. In some you have up to six weeks to name your kid before it's like null and void. I don't know what happens to the kid after six weeks, like get rid of that, you don't want to name it, give it to someone else. But what I will say is that most cultures are very specific with the intention of names. I feel like if you were to survey one person from every culture in the entire world and they would say, oh, a name matters, A name really matters. I don't know why we're getting all creative for no reason when it comes to name, especially when you whittle down, like I've told you where I'm from. In Ghana, everybody gets named based on the day that you're born. Yep, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then you get an additional name that essentially is like your you're the thing that powers you up, you know what I mean. And I also told you that I'm technically born on Tuesday. But my dad was like, my baby could never be a Tuesday born. We're naming her after Saturday. Saturday, Saturday, Saturday born baby. And what's the name my name? Yeah, Ama Ama Saturday born baby. And it makes a lot of sense because I'm everybody. When I introduced myself, They're like, yeah, there it is. She's a Saturday's She's a Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Your dad literally just said redacted redacted.
Speaker 1: Nobody needs to know. But also when you look into numerology, you can figure out like the neurology for your name as well. And also people say and claim that you embody who your name is flex maumy all about matriarchies, it is, it's all there. And we have talked about back in the past, how your name was an indication of what you did if you're a baker, if you were a night or a blacksmith. So come on, big spender, Come on, big spender.
Speaker 2: Well, as we also know, Rooms is my mum's name. So that's a little matriarchy moment in and officeelf, absolutely, And I was born on the third or the third. And I realized the other day at one eleven O three three one one one pretty goode out. Yeah. Found it on baby Frooms and the name was baby Frooms. It's meant to be not even price baby frooms. That's new ya new.
Speaker 1: Do you know what time you were born?
Speaker 4: Twenty two twenty two?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was born at ten twenty two at night twenty two twenty two. Shut my mom was like, because my mom, she did you know she had the stomach what is it?
Speaker 1: Saat?
Speaker 2: And she looked up for web twenty two twenty two time, Oh that's the way thing. Wait, wait, okay, this is why way, this is why we're connected, Mickey.
Speaker 1: Cosmic, it's in the style.
Speaker 2: This is why we're connected.
Speaker 1: And PM for you, Mickey, and you were am PM.
Speaker 2: PM okay one PM one one one.
Speaker 1: This is very interesting. I love this thank you for sharing. That's so hot and sexy.
Speaker 2: Flex and frooms on kidus. It's time for Mickey's music is my favorite tie of the week, Nicky, what is the Doll? Is the last one ever? That we're doing last time ever?
Speaker 1: And what I will say, Mickey's Music has taught me a lot about just that dormant knowledge you have, and also our different approaches to being competitive. I always thought I was competitive. I'm just not a team player. But I don't want to play group sports. But I'm not competitive, not with other people.
Speaker 2: You're competitive with yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're competitive. Really, I did not expect of all the qualities Miss has. She's very nurturing, she's very considerate, she's always wanting to bring the group together. Miss through me. My girl is in fact, fundamentally a sore loser, never sorry coming. Yeah, you're not allowed to agree.
Speaker 2: You're pointing.
Speaker 4: Like what you're okay, Well, you just better win this week. Okay, it's like three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Just win. It's like when your mom joins in on the joke about you. Alright, what they say.
Speaker 4: Part of me was going to make the theme for me Fridays because I felt bad that you kept losing, but I was like.
Speaker 2: That's a pity.
Speaker 4: I was like, nah, I'm an egalitarian. So it's break up songs. Break up songs because we're breaking up, and I made guys, I've made this one really long.
Speaker 2: We've got nine songs. Yes, okay, I were crazy, guys, I we're crazy. I don't know where we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do it, Okay, are we ready?
Speaker 2: Boy? Number were crimea River one Robin Dad's go my own.
Speaker 4: One point for me.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Number two came in like for me, breaking more Male Saracens.
Speaker 4: Two points to Free Beautiful. Number three Lindsay Lowan Confessions of a Broken Heart.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've never heard that song.
Speaker 2: I'm coming home with a vengeance sake because I'm why are you? Number four? Oh so Lune losing you? That was a wow for me?
Speaker 1: Four for four?
Speaker 2: Have I gone through something? Because why you know?
Speaker 1: All the breakup runs off the dome like the first bar one? Okay, I could be number five.
Speaker 2: Me nowhere Jordan's bars.
Speaker 1: You've already won.
Speaker 2: Let's keep.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 2: Me two little too late, jojo.
Speaker 4: Oh my, my, my, golly, gosh for me?
Speaker 2: Okay. Number seven survivor Desney Child is beautiful, nearly lost the boys? Are you letting me win?
Speaker 1: Go on?
Speaker 2: You're back into your face?
Speaker 1: Number let her have one, just one.
Speaker 2: Me torn nothing brilliant And the final song it'll.
Speaker 1: Be number nine. Every time, babe, come on number.
Speaker 2: Nine Slaves, Nelly Fotato, all good things correct?
Speaker 1: You want to sing it for us? Flames to dust, lovers to friends, things.
Speaker 2: Come to and flames to dust to love us?
Speaker 1: Why do oh good things come to?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a lovers to friends. The signs are always there, signs are always there.
Speaker 2: Her friends are you trupping? Nellie? Get out of there. He's not coming back Loves to Friends. She's sticking around for one reason only. He won't change his mind. Oh my god, guys, it's almost time for us to be gone forever. But of course, Micky has been coming to us with surprises all week because she's the best producer on Literal Mother Earth True endorsed Micky. What have you got for us, babes?
Speaker 4: Last surprise, I contacted people and I made you something.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. Hi, they're Merrick here and I was absolutely devastated to hear that Flex and Frooms will be finishing up their show this week.
Speaker 5: Often referred to as the Joe Rogans of Australian broadcasting, It's going to be a big hold. You've been great, Miss Flexi miss from It's former producer brook here, wishing you both.
Speaker 2: Two years at Kaita.
Speaker 5: Have loved every minute of listening to and working with you.
Speaker 2: I know you're both going to go on to.
Speaker 1: Do incredible great babe, and don't worry, please have my girls course of the really really sad that you guys are moving on, but also when I wish you the best of.
Speaker 2: Black the next chapter the music. You've got a bit of a sales background if you want to hit me up with an opportunity, get that.
Speaker 3: Gods as the one Liay work with Caper casually living on what is going? This is the Flexing Rooms.
Speaker 2: We love you?
Speaker 3: She her from Michayla thel be a producer or am I getting the shop for a small face great, I'll do it, do Netflix Moody being influencer you beauty I Froomes had to choose the celebrity, they would perfectly reflect each state. You'd be Victoria. And what's something special about the flexing Frooms? I've heard of them and they're good not bad podcasts. Good Warri Kappas to Whizdas National all this stuff. Ten ten point five million viewers. But Flexing Frooms that's pretty good show. So we love the flex and flumes and from the beautiful producer Mikayla, we love you some flumes.
Speaker 1: I'm like trying to process faster. I think she said, Amanda, I acknowledge you for the first time, and we're like, what's she saying? That was really beautiful? Everything that was really nice. Everything hurts. I can't be getting into real estate. Sweetye pies it. Funerals shouldn't be sad. They should really be fun and lively and bright. They should be reminisceatory whatever that means. But they should be pointing towards the future.
Speaker 2: We know, oh thing for a Manda Kelse and she was on one to one speed.
Speaker 1: One of the odds that Summy has been pining for Amanda Kella for. I would say the better longer than two years. At this point, I have an order biogree, you have an autobiograhy. What is this relationship, this parasocial relationship you have towards Amanda? What do you want from her.
Speaker 2: I don't want anything from it's good to say.
Speaker 1: We talked about the scientific way to increase your luck and it's about, okay, expressing what you need very plainly.
Speaker 2: Who knows someone in the room could make it happen, Okay. I love Amanda Kella. I love her energy. She's really smart and nice. I like her relationship with Jonesy. It seems easy and it's good listening. And I just like her general vibe. I like her outfits, and I want to be like a manicla in what way I want to bring the joy that she brings me to someone else for a large sum of money. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I thought we lost it for a second. I said, where is it going? So earnest try again is not hitting?
Speaker 2: We don't do one final cut. It amocking. I just want to say thank you to all the people in pubs and clubs who come up to me and said, oh my god, I listened to flex and rooms and I really like it. You girls are funny, I said, whoa, you're listening. That's amazing. So thanks so much. It's been a pleasure to be with my girly Fleximmy.
Speaker 1: The originator of Flexi. This Flexi really confused the brief and brand for everyone, because up until Flex and Frooms it was always just Flex Mamy or Flex. Then you integrated FLEXI and I said it might be the name and free me. Similarly, similarly, I was thinking, shout out to the silent listeners. It's like a different kind of commitment to be dedicated to a show, an artist, whatever, and not talk about it, not tell anyone about it. That's a different kind of love. And I appreciate that it's sacred to you.
Speaker 2: That's really nice. Important goodbye is to mich MICHAELA Floria, the best producer on Earth.
Speaker 1: Endorse emotional, physically, spiritually, financially.
Speaker 2: Michayla Floriano. Guys, get the name in your head because she is the number one to you.
Speaker 1: But also you know what to do. Any blessings you can send her way, seriously, guys, thanks, I'll find her a.
Speaker 4: Pleasure to witness the magic.
Speaker 2: Of you two.
Speaker 1: Truly We'll be thanks.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.