Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try vape?
Speaker 3: Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive?
Speaker 2: I think that people.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others. You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know.
Speaker 4: How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose?
Speaker 5: No, you know.
Speaker 1: I had it in the car on the way home and I didn't have a spood, so I was like an hour a dillo trying to get ants out of a hole.
Speaker 6: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults food.
Speaker 1: Being fingered as an awful sensation. Given't been thinking about the right persons. Goodness, Mass is just still to play a couple of mitches.
Speaker 7: Hi, it's Jenna.
Speaker 3: Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season.
Speaker 1: Sorry Now he is Mitch Trulli and Mitchell kub Hello everyone, Hello, Mitchell coumb's great to see you here.
Speaker 4: And God, there is a weird energy in the air today, I know.
Speaker 1: And you almost picked up mercury in retrograde. I don't know. Mercury is in retrograde until you tell me. You're my benchmark for when it's happening. And the world since our last episode a lot has changed in a week.
Speaker 4: I was not referring to that. I was referring to the fact that, at the time of record, today is the day that Queen Elizabeth passed away.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it's raining, I know, and you know what, I'm actually sad. I wouldn't call myself a monarchist, but I love the Queen and she served her country for seventy years. She's a gorgeous little thing, and I'm genuinely upset by it. It's so sad.
Speaker 4: I mean, we all knew that it was coming in a way, but yet it's still just a very weird thing to happen. I can't believe it. I've never known life without the Queen. You know, people, our age, I know, and.
Speaker 1: All the changes that are going to have to happen. I was reading an article right because King Charles is now his reign has officially started. All the banknotes will change, all the coens will have to change. Oh really, yeah, it all has to I mean not immediately. The Mint's not gonna you know, start going to melt down and melting all the old queens. But my mom said to me, go to Westpac and you want to get five fives, two twenties, ten tens because they've all got the queen on them. And she's like, in ten years they'll be worth millions. It's not a bad idea, really.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about that, No, it is.
Speaker 1: It's so sad. And did you see that photo of her a couple of days ago when she was in Balmoral Castle swearing in the new PM.
Speaker 4: I know, like she looked so frail, alarmingly frail, but she also looked very present and happy, you know what I mean. So it was kind of like she was just serving until the very end, which is nice in a way. You know how they always say you never forget where you were when xyz'd happened, you know, when Princess Diana died nine to eleven, things like that. People always say, you'll never forget where you were when the queen died, and I certainly won't. I was hanging out with my friend Andrew, who the news reporter, as you know, and so when that announcement came out, saying they're concerned for her health and she's under medical supervision. Oh, he just had to spring into action as a reporter. He's on the phone bookingccommodation in bal Moral. He's like, where's my black tie? We just dropped everything when this news came out, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: There was just this weird energy in there that was like, Okay, this is it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she's probably been sick on and off plenty of times, but for them to actually announce it, it was like, yeah, this is it.
Speaker 1: Also, the journalist in the BBC when they announced that that she was under medical supervision changed to black suits, black tie. Is Andrew going over? Is he flying over there to bow Morral?
Speaker 4: No, he was booking accommodation for all the you know, europe correspondents all stuff, because they were traveling to be their asap. So he was having to just you know, take one for the team, calling all these places in bal Moral saying hello, do.
Speaker 2: You have accommodation available? And they're like, this is.
Speaker 1: The fourith caller we've had today.
Speaker 4: It was instant, instant everyone, and this is like, moments after it came out.
Speaker 1: You should have called me, dot should have called dot Is. She was born in Edinburgh, so she has connections. But anyway, that's for you know, for the next Head of States passing.
Speaker 4: It feels weird, I have to say doing the podcast today because obviously we're idiots and it's hard to talk about the Queene and not be distasteful about it. But you know, we're just going to do our thing today. We've always been a bit of a light escape for people. We're not going to do heavy world news. We're just going to soldier on as normal. But no, it's definitely a weird vibe at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we know Princess Beatrice is a fan of the show and she listens to the podcast, so we're sending our love to you, Breachrice and thank you for the support and continue. She just brought a season three mug. She sent me a photo in balmor and look, the yellow really matched the custard that's in the house everywhere. So thank you, Beatrice. I'm thinking of the royal family. It really is. It's a crazy day. Anyway, we should power through. Do the show. If it is your first time listening, what a first show. Imagine this being the first show the death of Queen Elizabeth. We start the show the same way every single week too. Is it just me? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know Mitch's and we see where we land mine is mine is something that does relate to this show, but again it's food related. Essentially, it's food related. Of course, it's always linked to food with me at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, I said that we're going to carry on and do business as usual, not dwell on the queen's death too much. But my is it just me? Is kind of related to that, So maybe I should go first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you start, you start before we do that. There is also a TV thing's coming up because we lost another queen this week. I'm Australian TV legend.
Speaker 4: I know that we said that last week. It was possibly our worst episode. I might be jumping the gun, but we're doing the top five Tracy Grimshaw moments, so it could easily be our best episode.
Speaker 1: She's an you know, I've never told a Tracy Grimshaw story. I've had one running with Tracy, two running with Tracy Grimshaw and it was one of the best. Like celebrity interactions I've ever had. So I'll talk to you about that coming up because.
Speaker 2: I have one too, but we'll get to that later on.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start. You go first, Let's get yours out of the way with your regim.
Speaker 4: All right, hit it, Bradley, Is it just me? Have you never seen an open casket?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Goodness, I haven't. I've had the opportunity to, and I down. They said, no, I haven't.
Speaker 4: No, have you No, I've never had the option. I actually haven't been too many funerals, to be honest, which is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Touch would That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah? And who was it that you could have seen?
Speaker 1: Okay, so Gonzo? Who's my grandfather. We called him Gonzo because he had a big nose like the Sesame Street character. He died. My grandfather died. It was tragic, the first big death in my life. We loved him so much. And when he died, died of natural causes. His body was fucking say that he died of cankeles. Yes, that's the one that I told. He died of cankles.
Speaker 2: You're a confused little child.
Speaker 1: Clearly, it was awful. It was awful, And they offered to show the family the body because he died in a hospital.
Speaker 4: So it wasn't like at the funeral, like a formal viewing of him in the cop and it was just at the hospital.
Speaker 1: No, this was at the This was at the funeral home. So obviously they take them, they clean them up, and they put they put him in a suit. They went to NaN's house and they picked out his favorite suit. And they do make they do hair and makeup, and they make you look gorgeous and they look make you look like you're asleep. That's the goal, because that's what Mum and dad said. They go, it'll look like he's sleeping. Do you want to come and say goodbye? Because we didn't get to have a goodbye? And I said no, and a lot of the other cousins said yes. They all went anyway, They all came back and yeah, my mum said that it was she regrets doing it because it was very confronting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I wouldn't want people to see me like that. I'd want them to have fond memories of me looking fucking hot, Like I don't trust someone else to do my hair and makeup beyond the grave, like they'll do it all wrong, and I'd be like, no, I wouldn't want to look like that.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have a vow that if you ever were to die young, I will come in and give you like a little wingtip, like a beauty tip, eyeliner, and I could do a bit of rouge on. I know you skincare routine down Pat, I know what you use the clinque.
Speaker 2: Well, I certainly don't wear eyeliner and shit like that. So no, I don't think I do trust you with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, do not trust me.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the reason I bring it up is because not long ago, Liz Hayes did a TV special all about Operation London Bridge, which is what happens immediately after Queen Elizabeth passes away, and apparently the Queen was quiet, hands on and deciding how they handle that, and it was all a well oiled machine in the following ten minutes. So her secretary calls the Prime Minister and says London Bridge is down. And then from their pre since Charles gets his brother and sister to kiss his hand, which is like a symbol that he's pretty much king immediately, and then the National Chorus is what they called it, the national chorus becomes the Queen is dead, Long Live the King. Wow, And then they've got ten minutes to get the flags down, and all the ambassadors and prime ministers and the Commonwealth are told and then the news spreads from there. But the Queen's funeral isn't for another ten days. But before the funeral she has three days where she is available for public viewings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she lies in state.
Speaker 4: God, I can't imagine that. I think that is very unusual. I don't believe any royal has done that before. But apparently the Queen's all for it. She wants to be available for public viewing in a way. That's her way of continuing to serve the people even beyond the grave.
Speaker 1: I think Diana light in state. Yeah, no, here we go. Diana's coffin was lying in state for days.
Speaker 2: So what does in state mean?
Speaker 1: In state means it's for viewing. You can go and look at it. So right, Yeah, Diana's coffin light in state at Saint James Chapel September sixth, Oh my god, it's the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not far apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the anniversary of Diana set the other day Oh, isn't that eerie.
Speaker 1: That's really weird. I know I find that stuff weird.
Speaker 2: That is very eerie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she light at state. Oh yeah, so maybe the queen will be in a coffin. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. But if you said her body's on display, she's the queen. She you're very different to Diana. Maybe you will be able to see her body. That's so sad.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a very odd situation that she's available for public viewings. I've never seen an open casket.
Speaker 4: I do understand that for some people, and certainly in some cultures, it's a comfort thing and sort of a closure thing, and it is tradition for many people. But yeah, I feel like if I was like you and I was given the option, I'd be like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no. But although if it was me, I'd kind of want you to do it and take a selfie, like put it on be real or something, put a filter on me and animate my mouth. I'd want there to be fine. I don't want my death to be sad.
Speaker 2: No, but what if you're not happy with the pose that your corpse is in.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm all about angles.
Speaker 4: You'd want your hands to be covering the bodice, you know, your classic cheery poets.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm in the coffin with my hands like, you know, just resting on top of each other. And you got Michelle Mark. This is not how he would have liked.
Speaker 4: And you put my hands in the clapping hands and they'll be like, oh, yes, we want him to look like he's sleeping, and I'm like, no, he wants to look like he's laughing.
Speaker 2: His mouth needs to be a gape.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, imagine that's fucked here. I just found this, Mitch. So, the last member of the royal family to lie in state was Queen Mother. So the Queen's mum, two hundred thousand people cued up to view her coffin. That's like the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now I'm confused because viewing the coffin is one thing. But I was of the understanding, based off this Liz Hayes thing, that it was an open casket. And so maybe this is the first time the open casket has been done, or maybe they've changed the plans, because apparently this operation London Bridge how they handle the Queen's death. It was constantly being revised and updated like there were weekly meetings almost, So maybe she's not doing the open casket. But last I heard that was the and I'm like, I don't know if i'd want to see that.
Speaker 1: No, And the whole thing is like I'm reading this BBC article. You're right, everything is mapped out, even down to the direction the hearse will drive leaving Buckingham Palace going to the chapel, like everything is planned out. Do you think that was morbid for Paul Lizzie having what do.
Speaker 2: You mean the direction?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you just drive in the correct direction, like to the fucking chapel?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess they'd have to cut the traffic. They wouldn't be able to be Carson. You know you've got idiots. Everything is mapped out.
Speaker 4: Can you just outright google will there be an open casket? Because maybe I'm way off because that's what I heard based off the Liz Hayes special, But maybe it is just the coffin.
Speaker 1: I think it's the coffin. I don't think it's an open casket.
Speaker 4: God, And that's the last time I ever trust Liz Hayes research.
Speaker 1: Shall we do my agem? Shall I jump in something a bit more.
Speaker 2: Like, sure, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Do you respect a four star review more than you do a five star?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I do? In what scenario?
Speaker 1: Here we go not podcast leave us a five star review.
Speaker 2: Always.
Speaker 1: I prethought this because I knew you'd be like you fucking idiot people. No. No, not in the podcast world. It is. You're right, it's very particular. It's very specific. So podcasts, no, that's got to be. It's got to be one or a five, most preferably five.
Speaker 4: Please in the podcast world, if you've got some feedback, please just hit up the hosts hit us up and sat I didn't like this, x y zed But anyway, what are you referring to?
Speaker 1: Hotels? Say you want to go to a hotel, you want to book the Let's say, for example, you want to go to the QT, big famous hotel. Five star reviews are too biased, there's too much positivity. There is too much great bed, great TV, great buffet. Where you go to a four star review, you go down just one star. You get the real nitty gritty, you get what might not have been perfect. Oh the waffles were a bit cold. That's the information you need when you're booking a hotel.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I actually like it.
Speaker 4: I think it's also a dog act to leave a four star review but no comment. But if you're leaving a four star review and you're elaborating on why it was not five, I am curious because sometimes you read why they left a four star and you're like, I can deal with that. Yes, Like the four star might say the bed limit's a bit itchy, and it's like, okay, can I deal with that? Maybe, yes, I can because everything else is amazing. I just want to know why they left the four stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they justify it, of course it's fair. But for a consumer, it helps you so much knowing what exactly you didn't like or what was wrong five star. It's like that person, right, and I used to be this person. You just it's like yeah, yes, man, everything, and you're too positive all the time, and it just drains people and it doesn't help society move along. You need a little bit of criticism. You need some things you can fix and work on. Otherwise life is in all rainbows and butterflies and five star reviews.
Speaker 2: Sorry, why are you going on a trip or something? If you've been hotel scouting.
Speaker 1: Now Hayden and I were going to go get pancakes on the rocks the other night. At about eleven o'clock at night, I wanted to check the reviews and they were all five star, and it made me not go, this is true, because they go, it can't all be five star, and Google the algorithm must. I'm pretty sure you can pay the Google algorithm to bump your five star exactly, so it's biased. That is exactly why I want a good five a good four star review. It just hits the clip. Four star reviews hit the clip.
Speaker 2: What is it about?
Speaker 4: Too much positivity? That always throws me off? The other night I went and saw six the Musical Yeah, and I'd only heard Rave reviews, so I went in there possibly with a bit of a cynical attitude, because it was fantastic. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but because it had been overhyped so much, in a way, I didn't enjoy it as much. Whereas something like Jag A Little Pill or nine to five the Musical. I went in blind and I had no idea what to expect, and I was blown away. So in a way, Rave reviews it's a bit of a catch twenty two because you don't know whether to believe it.
Speaker 1: Well, here we go. I've got my local baker's light up right, and I'm gonna give you an example.
Speaker 4: Well, after last week's gone fiasco, I won't be leaving a five star fucking review.
Speaker 1: After scone Gate. So gu Yickwin has given them a five star review. He says, awesome baked goods fucking helps nobody. Absolutely, that helps no one, Then you go to the next one. Mark Diaz has left a four star review on my local baker's Delight. Oh that helps. I wonder why He says I missed some more chocolate in my scones. The things that were being shown looked really delicious but lacked filling. The bread was great. I'm Spanish, so I am really high when it comes to bread quality. See's that tells me everything I need to know.
Speaker 2: He's fucking bang on with the scones, Yes.
Speaker 1: Bang on, and he's got he is a local guide. People have thumbed up this review. It's so much more helpful than baked goods were good break.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I noticed? I was recently online shopping for my Dison air rap. You know that hair styling tool. That's like kind of thought after it's a bit bougie, this Dison Air rap, And I was like, do I want to spend the money and treat myself on this Dison Air Rap? I did, and I absolutely love it. But when I was reading the reviews, I noticed that on different websites, So like, for example, I might have gone to sephor a website, my website, Dison website. Yeah, all three websites had the exact same five star reviews, word for word, copying and pastes. So I feel like there must be some sort of service out there that pays people to do false reviews.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think we should start bringing into the world five star reviews of people. You know, when you're trying to describe a person, you go, oh, you love my friend James's he's Oh what I mean, No, you kind of have you can't do it. So I could just say, oh, you love my James, he's a four star. You really love him, he's four and a half.
Speaker 4: You really get what you'd have to explain why James only got four? Like, oh, his only red flag is true?
Speaker 1: Good point, oh good hookups? Like oh my god, I got dick down and it was a five. It was a five star, and you'd go, oh, but my god, Well, I know you're embellishing a bit, but a good four star route. Ah, sign me up.
Speaker 4: Well, you know how I'm seeing someone at the moment, Yes I do. I said to him, I wonder if you'll ever get to meet Mitch Cherry. And I said to him, know, he's exactly what he's like on the podcast. Like what you see is what you get. It's a fourth star, though, because when he first meets someone, he's a bit yelly.
Speaker 1: But as per my own rules, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: I love that you're getting yelly. Now imagine what it's like when you first meet someone.
Speaker 1: I do get yelly. It's not yelly. I get so excited. I'm like a labrador at times.
Speaker 4: Let's just pretend that I'm introducing him to you. Now, this is me, Hello, long time.
Speaker 1: No, see your reputation precedes you. How are you no? Give me a hug and shake hands cause you're thin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see you come in a bit hot. I've given him the heads up. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I do. I do embarrassing, is it just me? That's enough of these two. Now let's hear and is it just you? Yeah? This is your chance to get on the show, win a prize. If you're featured, you need to message your slide into the DM's prize keeper, Genna. We'll sort you out, We'll get you something fun. This is your chance for something you've noticed you hate or appreciate, right.
Speaker 2: Mitch, Meghan's on the line today iven the Central Case. Hello, darl Meghan.
Speaker 8: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Oh we're just swelled, Darla. Are we saying your name correctly? Megan? Yeah, that's it perfect.
Speaker 1: I want to say it with an Irish accent? Is it Irish like Meghan? You know what my name is? Meghan Fagan?
Speaker 8: It's actually well, you can do that one.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, old Megan. What is Welsh? What's a Welsh accent? That's the one. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm not even gonna try give.
Speaker 1: It a crack. No, no, I love someone that can stand their ground, all right, Megan, hit us up. Something you've noticed, something you hate to appreciate, Bradley or cant you in? You're good?
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Is mercury retrograde? Totally real?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's real. Let's all fuck Megan, I'm a believer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't and I'm one of those people that don't follow along. But you know, at the moment, this is my month, like this is Libra's month, like all my moons. Yeah, to be aligned because I'm a librin.
Speaker 8: And yeah, You're and me were the September thirty babies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's you our happy boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you birthday twins. I love that.
Speaker 4: So how has mercury and retrograde fucked you up in the past. I'm guessing you sound like you've been scorned before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure. Where do I begin? Really? Probably the big one is my parents.
Speaker 4: Oh they dropped the news that they were separating while mercury is in retrograde. Well, they do say that mercury and retrograde affects people's relationships and interactions and their emotions.
Speaker 8: It really does.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because I had a break up after that mercury retrograde my palm at the.
Speaker 4: Same time, like when your parents announced you with separating not long after during that mercury and retrograde period, you also had a break up.
Speaker 8: No, so it was a different one. It was the following year.
Speaker 2: But it strikes again yeah.
Speaker 10: My partner and I tend to have our fights and things.
Speaker 1: I also think, like, do you or is it a bit of placebo. I'm the first to admit that a placebo works on me. If someone says this is going to affect you, it will affect me. So do you think there is a bit of a bit of colm, a bit of COLMBI, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I actually do agree with you.
Speaker 10: I went back through my messages to see you when I've been talking about it in the past, and it's always just me attributing everything to it.
Speaker 4: No, No, totally, I think that it is a bit of placebo. But this is the thing. Sometimes I've noticed things, you know, going awry, my technology failing me, my emotions being a little bit whack. And I wasn't aware that mercury was in retrograde, and then someone pointed it out to me, and I was like, oh, that's why, And so I don't go into.
Speaker 8: It as well. If everything's going wrong, I'll just look it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I didn't even know that was the reason, so it couldn't have been placebo.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, I've had the same its like everyone seems a bit fucky, and then.
Speaker 8: I'll Google it is. It may be retrograde, and it is.
Speaker 2: Did you just say everyone seems a bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, everything seems a bit fucky, like.
Speaker 10: Technology relationships, like everything's just wrong.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that word.
Speaker 1: I love it that in my favorite Mitch Coombs. This is perfect for you. I think, Oh, it's a ball a bit fucky. It's very your language.
Speaker 4: It's so much more cute than saying fucked. Oh everything's a bit fucky.
Speaker 1: That's what all the royals are saying. God, it's a fucky day.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 10: And is that another coincidence as well, that Liz has gone on Marcu retrograde?
Speaker 4: I know, right, No, I was saying, Actually, I don't want to make the connection that Queen Elizabeth died the same day Mercury went into retrograde.
Speaker 2: But it can't be a coincidence.
Speaker 1: No, no, it truly can't. And she was a famed astrologer. She really believed in the star signs. She she loved a crystal. Wait. I want to know, Megan, September thirty. You're a Libra? Are you really impatient? Really impatient?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: But I also have ADHD so which is which yeah?
Speaker 1: True? Yeah, yeah, you're preaching to the choir here. What about indecisive? Are you indecisive?
Speaker 8: Totally?
Speaker 10: And I'm very people pleasing and earnest.
Speaker 8: So I feel like there's a typical libra Mitchell.
Speaker 1: That's me right to a t.
Speaker 2: So what do you mean when you say ernest?
Speaker 8: I don't know people would say that.
Speaker 10: Libras always like hype people up, but yeah, they're simp for people, for want of a.
Speaker 8: Better way of explained to you. Yeah, so I feel like that's a bit of me.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, because I always thought that the word ernest meant like a bit fucking dull and humorless, like and you just take everything too seriously.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, that doesn't sound like you, Megan, and that's not you, Mitch.
Speaker 8: No, No, that's not my understanding of the words. But I could have it wrong.
Speaker 2: Are you a bit of a symp though, Like when you're in relationships? Do you fall hard?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Maybe not now, I feel like when I was younger, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah too, I used to be a lot worse at that when I was young.
Speaker 1: I fall in love with characters that I've never met, and also they're characters people have written about them like it's ridiculous and these aren't even real humans.
Speaker 10: It's I've stopped instagramming the actors that play characters, so I don't like us to ruin the I had to.
Speaker 1: Do that too, and they're all like married with kids and that fuck. Why am I falling? Yeah? Oh they're dead. That's happened to me before.
Speaker 4: And so how else has mercury and retrograde fucked you up or made your life a bit fucky?
Speaker 8: Well? Once I got a speeding finely annoying?
Speaker 2: Was it your first speeding fine?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And mercury retrograde affects people's scheduling, so maybe you were running late when normally that's out of character, and then you've got a speeding fine.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I'm always running late.
Speaker 2: Again, adhd Darling yep.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, well make sure you slide into the DMS, claim your prize, Okay, get something fun.
Speaker 4: For Mercury retrograde ends October two, Megan, I'm wishing you all the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, no worries Megan. If she's given us anything, it's the word Bucky. That's brilliant, not a superstar.
Speaker 2: Listen, Oh my god, that has just made my day.
Speaker 1: If you want to get in touch and be featured on the show. Have a chat, I have a chim wagon. If you've got an is it just you hit us up? Slide into the dms? Is it just me a couple of miches? Actually, that's the handle right now, Mitchell, it is time for a TV eating.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: There was some very big news in the Ozzy TV world last week. Tracy Grimshaw, the iconic host of A Current Affair, She's been doing the role for seventeen years, out of nowhere at the end of a Current Affair one night, she just dropped a bombshell.
Speaker 2: This was it.
Speaker 12: I have some news that I wanted you to hear from me before you hear it from anyone else. I've decided to finish up with a Current Affair this year. It's been a big decision, huge actually, And before the gossip website start telling you rubbish, I want you to know it's been my decision alone. And I'm not being shoved out the door by the Boys club because.
Speaker 7: I'm too old. I'm not too old.
Speaker 2: I'm just a bit tired, same bit.
Speaker 12: And for the record, both boys and the girls have asked me to stay. But I've basically been a shift worker for twenty six years now driving to work before dawn for nine years on the Today Show, and the past seventeen years driving home after dark here on a Current Affair, and it's time for less of that daily obligation.
Speaker 1: Oh God, that hits me deep and you deep. I can imagine.
Speaker 4: I know, and like, we have not been doing our jobs for seventeen years, so I can only imagine how she's feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh, the poor things, you know what, I forget. We only our generation, like our people of our age, only know her as of the current affair host. And for the international listeners, a current Affair is like it's the it's not it's kind of bordering news and trashy, ye, but the stories they cover local hooligans, old ladies that have been scammed by Facebook bots, Yeah, stuff.
Speaker 4: Like that, and like when a current Affair covers serious news, they go hard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So she does have a good reputation as being like an amazing journalist's amazing interviewer. She's got a lot of trust from the audience and also the people that she interviews. However, a current Affair in itself is a bit of a fucking meme. Like they recover the ridiculous things. It's like, oh, dodgy builders giving miracle diet pills to the neighbor from Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just googled this quickly. The top ten best current affair stories The Ham scam in two thousand and eight that was over the Christmas Ham debarcle. ACA called upon a Ham expert that was absolutely ridiculous, whacked out at machers about a biking who was whacked at makers reverse racism, which I don't think we need to discuss dog street siege, which is iconic. I think we've played that on the show The dog Man. Oh my god, I'm going to find that audio right now. Hold on.
Speaker 4: So this guy with telling the reporters about some dog situation and he did an impression of them barking, but he really committed, and his wife's sending next to him.
Speaker 1: Just looked so fed up. Please google Aca Vicious dog Man. This is what you'll find.
Speaker 12: How is it that these two are roaming their neighborhood, frightening the locals, and the council isn't stopping it.
Speaker 11: Yesterday morning I came out into the front yard and the dogs were across the boat and as soon as they saw me. They came bounding over.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you really need the visual as well, like his wife's standing next to him and his face like he just really something switched in his brain and he just became a dog.
Speaker 2: It was wild.
Speaker 1: It's a great show, kind of trashy, but we love it and we love Tracy for it.
Speaker 2: Who do you reckon is going to replace her?
Speaker 1: Oh? I haven't heard of any room Is the room mill already swirling? I haven't heard anyone.
Speaker 4: There's a few rumors floating around about someone like Deborah Knight, who she currently hosts A Current Affair on Friday and Saturday night, so it would be an easy fit just to bump her onto the weekday show. But I feel like the best thing about Tracy is that she's very warm, yes, and endearing, but also you don't want to be on her bad side. Imagine living with yourself knowing that Tracy is unhappy with you. Whereas I don't think that Night has that fear factor.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't have the gravitas now. The only other person that has that is Sandra Sully. I've had an awkward running with her at a business class lounge, and she is magnetic she's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Really, No, she'd be a good fit.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see someone like Samantha Armitage do it because she's very opinionated, a very good presenter, and you know, she's not afraid to really go hard on someone if she needs to grill them. And she would have that fear factor because she left Sunrise a while ago saying she'd never do Breakfast TV again.
Speaker 2: But I current affair. You know, half an hour every week night, that's not as much of a commitment.
Speaker 1: You know what. To add some truth to this, I interviewed Samantha Ramitas this week because she's hosting Farmer Wants a Wife, and she said to me, word for word, people think I'm retired. I'm not retiring. I actually want to work. So I think that's a good pick. I think you could do it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: But you know what, no one will ever, I mean, whoever gets the job. We'll just do it in the shadow of Tracy Grimshaw because she is so iconic. Do you have a quick Tracy Grimshaw story, because we both said at the start of the show that we did.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Mine was that she came into Kiss when I was working for Kyl and Jackio. She was going on air with them, about to do their interview, and I had to film a quick thing beforehand, just saying, Hi, I'm Tracy Grimshaw. I'm about to go on with Kyla and Jackio just for the Instagram story. Yeah, And I had my little beauty light in my hand, just to you know, add a bit of light to the face. And she goes, ha hah, why are you holding it up there? I work in television. You need a down light for these sorts of things. She goes, here, I'll show you, grabs my hand, puts the beauty light that I was holding at a low angle, and then I didn't have the heart to correct her, but she looked fucking demonic, and she goes, hello on Tracy Grimshaw, I'm coming up with kyl and Jackio. And I couldn't post it because she had this bright light holding it under her chin. Can you imagine what that looked like. It was like holding a torch under your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at Oh god, no.
Speaker 2: Tracy Grimshaw, I'm doing an impression now.
Speaker 4: It was so bad, and I was just I was like, Okay, you're the boss, I can't correct this.
Speaker 1: Are you afraid of the dog. The only running I ever had with it was at the Logis the year she was nominated for the Gold Logi and I was hosting like the Kiss Radio Logi Special, and I was really nervous. It was they flew me up to the Gold Coast and you were there meet you were doing digital stuff, and I was a bit my first time on the Logi's red carpet, so I was anxious. And she could tell, and she said she stopped me up. I'm like, Tracy, Tracy Gims shut you in my high pitch voice. Tracy's nominated, and she went like what she didn't say take a breath, but she said something to the effect of just stop, start again, You've got this. You look so great. Oh Like she compliments sandwich to me to make me feel good and just gave me a soft restart, and I knew what she was doing. That maternal babe. It's okay.
Speaker 2: She does have that sort of presence about her, doesn't.
Speaker 1: She Yes, yes, And isn't there a good story? Did you tell me this? Or she was a pizza delivery girl for Dominoes or Pizza Hut, Yeah, and delivered pizza to Eddie Maguire's House back before she was famous, and then met him and tried to ask for a job. There's something in that. I'm butchering that story. But she's come on my show many times and she told me that story. Yeah, I think good.
Speaker 4: Hang on, she's come on your show. Why the fuck have you never thrown the podcast to buy? And I'd love to have Tracy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I've had her on a couple of times. I don't even know what fall what is there to promote? I don't know, I don't know anyway, I love Tracy Grimshaw. So what are we doing her best moments?
Speaker 4: That's right, because we're such little Tracy Grimshaw fanboys, I've decided today I'm doing the top five Tracy Grimshaw moment.
Speaker 1: What's the top five?
Speaker 4: I'm so excited for this, so coming in at number five. This was an odd moment during twenty twenty. And do you remember when COVID just started to become a thing and I'd kind of buried my head in the sand because I was still going to work like normal. I was like, oh, I hadn't really accepted that COVID and this global pandemic was happening.
Speaker 2: I was like, whatever, this will pass soon.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the moment that I was like, fuck me, we really are in unprecedented times was when Tracy Grimshaw was hosting a Current Affair working from home in front of her fucking LG flat screen in a bedroom. So this is what happened when Tracy Grimshaw worked from home.
Speaker 12: Hello, I'm Tracy Grimshaw. Welcome to a Current Affair tonight. We're coming to you from my bedroom and there's something I never thought i'd say. It's a spare room and in the interests of staying home, will be here for a while. I have a small crew who here for the first night, which is allowed because there of course at work. As you can see, it is a little bit cramped, but we have to do it. We begin with the government's monster effort to save the Australian economy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: There is just something about that whole situation that I'm like, this is gold. Tracy Grimshaw working in her bedroom and do you remember that there were tech issues, Like she was in the middle of an interview with some politician and the plasma behind her just accidentally switched from a Current a Fair logo to Channel seven like an episode of RBT the competition.
Speaker 1: You're right, like it's the news. We should be able to trust the news to be professional and be correct and be from a studio and have the facts. But it was in some woman's bedroom in Sydney. There is something so Australian about that as well.
Speaker 4: But also I feel like they were doing it to be like, yeah, we're leading by example. If Tracy can work from home, you can. But it was just so funny and do you remember, like.
Speaker 1: You're a dog? Didn't a dog walk in?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: So there was a video on her Instagram where it was like the dogs running into the studio and she's like, sit out all that stuff, and do you remember two days later she was back at work in the studio like normal, and everyone's kind of like, I thought you were working from home now leading by example? COVID's not over, babe, why are you back at the studio. And it was actually our very own prize keeper, Jenna, that gave us a little bit of a scoop as to why Tracy had to stop working from home.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this?
Speaker 5: Apparently somebody was stalking Tracy. They were following the Channel nine van to her house, which is why they had to move back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so they knew her palatial mansion was.
Speaker 4: Did you see the video of her dogs running into her home studio?
Speaker 2: No, I never knew Tracy Grimshaw was so butch.
Speaker 1: She's a true like.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: I can't remember their names.
Speaker 5: Exactly, and now they know the names of her dogs. They've been calling out for them.
Speaker 2: All right because of that video.
Speaker 5: You're kidding me, And you'll notice. You'll notice that she did upload it to her own Instagram, but now it's gone.
Speaker 2: Wow, Tracy Grimshaw has stalkers.
Speaker 1: Wow, the Grimshaw Heights.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how accurate that information Jenna gavi Us was because we never saw any information about that.
Speaker 2: But I do love a good rumor.
Speaker 1: Oh same, No, I feel like that that checks out because why else would they set up at in her bedroom only to then pull it down two days later. There's truth to that.
Speaker 4: I love it, I know, but it was such an iconic moment anyway, coming in at number four. We played this not long ago, but it will always be iconic to me. This was when our mate Carla from Bankstown was on a Current Affair and they aired the interview with Carla and When it finished, it cut back to Tracy sitting at the Current Affair desk, and this is what Tracy had to say.
Speaker 12: The Current Affair introduced you to the social media sensation and the man behind the character earlier this month.
Speaker 1: I enjoy bringing people that happiness and making them smile.
Speaker 7: She's made it gronks.
Speaker 1: Of course, Carlo's catphrase is gronks. Do you think that was ad lib or do you think that that was in the teleprompter?
Speaker 4: No, I reckon that a producer would have said to Tracy, Hey, you know what would be really iconic is if you use the word gronks off the back of that. And that producer was bang on, because I don't reckon Tracy would have thought of that.
Speaker 2: But Tracy was just like, yeah, all right, I'll say it. Hearing hers like gronks, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so funny. And you know what, not all journalists would do that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Peter Roverton wouldn't say gronks. That would compromise his journalistic integrity. So I'm so glad Tracy.
Speaker 2: One right coming in at number three.
Speaker 4: This is one of Tracy's stuff ups, if you like, because you know, she's an absolutely flawless journalist, one of the most trusted in the country. But you know, we all have stuff ups occasionally. So this happened five years ago, and oh fuck, actually.
Speaker 2: What I just realized that this is a bit weird to play this now?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: I planned this top five before the queen died, so this seems a bit weird, but oh well, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: What is it? What is it?
Speaker 4: So one afternoon Australian time, there was a statement that came out that said there's going to be a major.
Speaker 2: Royal announcement, but we didn't know what it was. And a few hours later Tracy.
Speaker 4: Was on air when the news broke, but she jumped the gun and got the announcement wrong, so she actually announced the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: This is what happened.
Speaker 13: It seems to be that something significant is emerging from the palace, but what it is we just need to wait and see.
Speaker 12: At this stage, I think I'm hearing something about us. I'm hearing that, right, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Okay, Michael, I am hearing that there is a royal announcement. There has been an announcement that the Queen is stepping down from public life. Which that and that is very significant. Now we got someone is in my ear is have we got confirmation of that? Or is that speculation? We have confirmation, we have confirmation of a statement from the palace. Do you have Prince Philip is stepping down from public life?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 13: Well I'm just reading that now. There are reports here that I understand that Prince Philip is stepping down from royal duties.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what a mess. That's a mess, I know.
Speaker 4: So that was when Prince Philip was retiring and you could tell that someone was talking in Tracy's earpp and said, Yep, the Queen's retiring. We've got it, And she's like, do we have confirmation?
Speaker 2: Yes we do.
Speaker 4: Oh wouldn't she be livid? Like she would have just gotten off air, walked into the control room been like, hey babe, can we have a chat? That can't happen again.
Speaker 1: I'm Tracy mother fucking Grimshaw. Don't you ever fuck with me like that? You work experience, prick. I'll make sure you never work in this industry again. That wasn't that bad, though, to be she didn't go it's confirmed the Queen is stepping like it wasn't that bad?
Speaker 2: She did, didn't you hear her? She goes, do we have confirmation?
Speaker 4: Yes, we have confirmation, and it's God, that's not ideal, like just getting the news close but not quite right, Like imagine someone being like, oh, yes, Chappelle Corby was caught smuggling drugs into Bali with a pool noodle.
Speaker 2: Close but not quite right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point, oh, Tracy. So she had to go on and apologize after that.
Speaker 2: I don't think they ever acknowledged it.
Speaker 1: Smart. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: They it's brushed under the carpet because the reporter was like, no, it's Philip, It's Philip.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do we have at number two?
Speaker 4: Well, the next one is an iconic interview of hers, because Tracy is a renowned interviewer, like that is her inner element. And this is when Tracy basically made Pauline Hanson have a breakdown on television.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think I do. There's been so many Pauline Hanson moments. She's like a right wing racist politician here in Australia that we do not.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but this is like Pauline Hanson, like you've never seen her before. She broke because there was some rip club scandal with one of the guys in her One Nation party at the time, and she didn't interfere with Tracy basically while she was in damage control, and Pauline just broke.
Speaker 2: This is what happened.
Speaker 7: Pauline. Thanks for talking to me.
Speaker 12: I came here thinking that I was going to listen to you and ask you a few questions. But yeah, I think you're cranky, so I'm going to let you start. What do you have to say?
Speaker 3: I am so upset, Tracy. I've worked for this for twenty three years, since I was first lectured to parliament nineteen ninety six. Do you think I'm to stop fighting for this austrange people that are I see. I see farms that up enforced or for learns, kids no hope of future, and people are hoping, praying for I'm going to be the voice for them and I couple this shit all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm sick of it.
Speaker 3: I's sick of it.
Speaker 1: Let's keep paul in your hands and kicking the guts.
Speaker 7: Why are you still in it? Why are you still in it? Look at you? Why didn't you walk? Look at what it's doing to you, Tracy.
Speaker 3: I've made a change out there for people. I've struck this with this because I've believen make it a change for the people.
Speaker 1: Oh crime me a fucking ruver.
Speaker 4: No, But like, that's the first time ever that someone like Pauline Hanson, who is quite problematic, that's the first time I've thought, oh, I kind of want to give you a hug like that is I reckon that's kind of a testament to Tracy, because it takes a lot for someone like Pauline Hanson to just kind of let her guard down. And if it wasn't for Tracy who made her feel comfortable, I reckon she wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: That good on her though. And like the fact that she made Pauline that comfortable, I loved it. Why why do it? Babe? Will get you? You're a mess?
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 2: It just sounded like two ladies having like a catch up.
Speaker 1: Just leave, babe, Look.
Speaker 2: What it's doing to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're at Jamaica Blue on a Thursday like midday, having a toasty in a coffee. Babe, look at you a mess? Come on, come on, let's go to a lin Craft, we'll get some material, we'll go home.
Speaker 4: But you know, Tracy's done a lot of iconic interviews over the years with like Don Burg, Maddie John's and there's big controversies at the time, and I think those people only want to talk.
Speaker 2: To Tracy because it's fucking Tracy.
Speaker 4: She's gonna go hard, but she's gonna feel like a supportive aunt at the same time.
Speaker 1: What's either that? Are you going on the project with Walid Arley? I mean, I think I'd know who I'd rather go on, you know, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the other thing.
Speaker 4: Tracy does these interviews about touchy subjects and people feel like they can trust her, but then she doesn't get on stage the logis and fucking brag about it and sabotage the court proceedings like Lisa fucking Wilkinson.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, good point. Tracy has never been embroiled in any sort of drama. Well props to her for that.
Speaker 4: Well coming in at number one this, I guess this kind of counts as a bit of drama. Spoke to that where team Tracy in this drama because she hit back, So she had a fallout.
Speaker 2: With Gordon Ramsey the people I know, do you not know about this?
Speaker 1: No, I've never heard. I don't know this list everyone. I've never heard these grabs and I do not know about the Gordon Ramsey drama.
Speaker 4: No, oh my god, this is what's brilliant. So Gordon was in Australia. He did an interview with Tracy on a Current Affair and on the weekend he was doing some live cooking demonstration, so there were like people in the crowd watching him cork and it was almost a little bit stand up comedy as well, and he was making jokes about Tracy, made jokes about her being a pig, saying that she's a lesbian, and someone in the.
Speaker 2: Crowd must have leaked it because it blew up.
Speaker 4: And obviously Tracy caught wind of what Gordon was saying about her, and then she went on air on Monday to retaliate.
Speaker 12: I have no idea what prompted is our first Gordon Ramsey has always had fair and generous treatment on this program. But despite what his publicist said in damage Control, we do not have a great relationship. We have no relationship at all. I've played along with him in interviews because it's entertaining and that's my job, and I walk away afterwards and I don't think about him again on Saturday, he launched a series of unprovoked public attacks against me. I'm not going to pretend that his comments didn't hurt. I was absolutely miserable when I found out late Saturday afternoon. Truly, I wonder how many people would laugh if they were effectively described as an old, ugly pig.
Speaker 7: How is that funny? Exactly? And worse, it's not even witty.
Speaker 12: And I'm not going to sit meekly and let some arrogant narcissist bully me. And just finally, Gordon Ramsay made me promise not to ask on Friday about his private life. He then got on stage on Saturday and made some very clear and uninformed insinuations about mine. Obviously, Gordon thinks that any woman who doesn't find him attractive must be gay.
Speaker 7: For the record, I don't and I'm not.
Speaker 4: Mike Droun right, multiple mics go trathee in that situation, Team traity all the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, they don't, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why I laugh when she says the word pig. That's just another thing that I never thought i'd hear come.
Speaker 2: Out of her mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, journalists, how many.
Speaker 2: People would find it funny being described as an old, ugly pig.
Speaker 1: Yes, because we used to that voice telling us about interest rates, yeah, and train closures, and here she is going pig. It doesn't make sense, but you know what, fuck off Gordon Ramsey. So what she interviewed him before his live show and.
Speaker 2: He to promote them, yeah, and to promote.
Speaker 1: Them, so she was helping him and what he just had no gear that night and when I'm just gonna you know, lowest dangling fruit.
Speaker 4: Well, in the interview, he was making fun of a mole on her face and like kind of ribbing her and she just laughed it off, played along. And then when he actually got to the shows, I think he might have put like a photo of a pig up on stage and said that's Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly.
Speaker 4: I wasn't there, but basically the insinuation was that she's a pig, and he said that she's a lesbian.
Speaker 1: I get his shtick is the bit the mean chef. You know, he's a bit aggressive, but that is she's a national icon' don't fuck with Trey Well exactly.
Speaker 4: I do love that someone at the show obviously leaked to what happened, and then Australia put their foot down and said, mate, say what you want about anyone, but don't you come for our traces.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Gordon Ramsay? He looks like one of those burnt pancakes you know when you make your first pancakes, always fucked because the pant's too hot, you put too much butter in it, crimples like you try to flip it. You know what, You flip a pancake too early and it it creases. Yeah, that's what his fucking forehead looks like. Piece of shit, raw pancake face.
Speaker 2: Hey, my dad always says two wrongs don't make her right.
Speaker 1: No, true, Well he's not my dad. My dad says, fuck them. That's what Mark Cherry says.
Speaker 6: Is it just me.
Speaker 1: Listening on Spotify?
Speaker 6: Don't forget to leave a five star eating you're listening to?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Did you see that last week there was all this chat about Liah Michelle.
Speaker 2: She was trending on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I did, and I Hayden is obsessed with Liam Mishe laughing at Lia Michelle And I didn't know the Lea Michelle drama. I've not seen Glee. I'm not Lea Michelle isn't a celebrity in my world, but I'm caught up to speed and I enjoy laughing too at her expense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think everyone like, no one's a Leah Michelle Diehard fan. Everyone just kind of hate watches, which is awful to say. But yeah, ever since she left Glee, it's become very clear that she was not a pleasant person to work with and basically playing the character of Rachel Berry wasn't that much of a.
Speaker 2: Stretch for her acting wives because she's quite a punished herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, And did you see I'm a complete sidebar, But did you see the interview with Jamie Lee Curtis and Leah Michelle about the whole Oscars thing of the great winning Emmys and then Jamie Lee Curtis, should I just play the audio? It's so hard? Okay, here it is?
Speaker 8: And was the show nominated? Also we won eight Tony Awards?
Speaker 2: Yes you did, but you didn't, Leah so good.
Speaker 1: It's so savage. People hate her. That just shows that other celebrities also hate her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she doesn't have the best name in the industry. But it was announced not long ago that she was going to be joining Funny Girl on Broadway, and anyone who has watched her on Glee would know that that is just so bloody typical for Lea Michelle to do that role.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't watch Glee.
Speaker 1: Did you never seen it? I should have. It's very me but I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, basically, she's now playing Fanny Bryce in Funny Girl, which is a role made famous by Barbara streisand and she has that song Don't Ran in My Parade, and that is one of the iconic songs that Leah Michelle did in Glee. And it was a constant storyline on Glee that she was obsessed with Barbara streisand wanted to be in a Funny Girl, wanted to play Fanny Bryce. So it was like life imitating art. It was just so typical that Lea Michelle was getting this role.
Speaker 1: That's quite cool. I like it when that happens. That's fine.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, there was someone already doing that role, and she announced that she was leaving and it was her decision, but it very much seemed like she was being ousted in favor of Leah Michelle doing this role.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, Beanie Feldstein, Yeah, yeah, Beannie Feldtin is very funny. She is Seth Rogan's sister. No one really knows that they go a different name.
Speaker 2: Isn't it Jonah Hill's sister?
Speaker 1: Is it Jonah Hill? Yeah? No, you're definitely right. Yeah, she's Jonah Hill's sister. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, she was doing that gig originally and everyone thought, yeah, great pick, you know, a.
Speaker 2: Jewish character played by a proudly Jewish woman.
Speaker 4: But the reviews for her were a little bit meh, Like she wasn't necessarily a bad singer, but she just didn't have that belt that is required for that role and particularly that song. And so they went in a different direction and they brought in Liah Michelle. But for me, the funny part was that Jane Lynch, who was, you know, on Glee with Leah Michelle. She was originally in Funny Girl the musical, and when they announced they were bringing Lee Michelle on coincidentally, she was like, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Out, so she left. Oh my god, I know, isn't that hilarious?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no rumors at this point. She's an awful person to work with, right, People don't like Leah Michelle no.
Speaker 4: And this is why I was quite surprised, because, like I said, she was trending on Twitter, and I'm a bit like Hayden where I like to hate watch Yeah, and overwhelmingly it was quite positive because the reason she was trending was because she finally had her opening night doing Funny Girl on Broadway. And to her credit, there were a lot of bootleg recordings. Like people just forgot theatre etiquette, you know how they always say strictly no recording. At this production, people were posting her singing Don't Ran on My Parade. People were even outside the theater right at the stage door, just trying to listen to her, posting videos of what they could overhear. And so to her credit, like that, that's pretty powerful. People really huddling outside the theater just trying to hear your opening night. So first I'm going to play you her singing Don't Ran on My Parade, which, like I said, is the iconic song that she did in Glee. It's the iconic song for this musical. So this was the big moment everyone was waiting for. So everyone's singing at standing ovation. She hasn't finished the song yet. Oh oh, this is mid performance. That's big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, and she's just standing in the middle of the stage just moping it out.
Speaker 14: Oh, she's nailing it.
Speaker 4: I used to love this song. I had it on my MP three play at the Glee version.
Speaker 1: And it was hursting here too.
Speaker 15: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Oh they're standing up standing ovation.
Speaker 4: Apparently she got multiple standing ovations, and that's why I was like, oh, this is kind of nice, because we all love to hate her. But overwhelmingly what I saw into it her people were like, Okay, she's a pain, but girl chicken sing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she fucking nailed that. I'll give it to her. That was a really good performance. That was great.
Speaker 4: Now he is where it gets a bit funny, you know. Now there's that ridiculous rumor that she is illiterate.
Speaker 1: I've seen it on TikTok. It's that she can't read right, she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know how to read.
Speaker 4: It's this stupid conspiracy theory that surface on TikTok. I might actually play that TikTok. This is all the evidence as to why people believe that she's secretly illiterate.
Speaker 9: Lea Michelle can't read, so she just has her lines read to her because she was a child after on Broadway and she just never had time to go to school. Four years. Michelle did spring a weakening because she only had two memos of the show once. Michelle would also appear on Scream Queens in addition to Glee, and that's because Ryan Murphy knows her secret and he would read her lines to her. For Glee, she never had to read the song's lyrics, they were pre recorded on demo. In addition, she mainly sang like well known standards by Barbara Streisan and Seline dion Lea. Michelle never uses her own phone. Her assistants use it for her. In her Instagram captions, if it's just an emoji, it is done by Michelle herself. If there's words with no emoji, it was written by somebody else. If it is words with an emoji, it's been written by somebody else, But she can pick the emojis. There are two appearances on the Ellen Show. The first one, they're playing Cards against Humanity. Everyone else is shuffling through their cards. Meanwhile Leah is not because someone apparently picked them for her. She wins around and Chris Colfer congratulates her for getting a word game.
Speaker 2: Right, yep. And so because of that, everyone's just chosen to believe that she's a literate.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just ridiculous, and it's kind of fun to go along with. I say so many names about her not being I would have raided, Oh.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious because it's funny because A, we're not laughing at her because she clearly can read. She's an actress. She's gonna read scripts for a living. She definitely she no, of course she can. Al saw another one because she debunked this thing. She came out and read a children's book, right. But the poor thing had her hair covering one of her ears, and everyone was saying that she had an earpiece in being read the words. I mean, that's a stress.
Speaker 4: So funny, or she just memorized that like she would memorize the script. It's probably bullshit, but it's just so funny.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely hilarious, and I don't think there's any truth to it at all.
Speaker 4: And so the reason I bring this up is because there was a funny moment on her opening night A Funny Girl where her character there's a bit of dialogue where she says, I haven't read so many books, and people in the audience audibly laughed, And I like that, poor bitch.
Speaker 2: Having to deal with that. I'll play it. Someone once again did a bootleg recording.
Speaker 1: Here it is, and I have the best books. Imagine being up on stage and you know, you hear the audience, you know they're laughing at you.
Speaker 4: I know, And if I was in that audience, I would have been trying not to laugh.
Speaker 2: But if I heard other people laugh, I just would have cracked too. Like it's just so dumb. I love this rumor.
Speaker 1: Do you think she hates it off on backstage? She'd be the type, based on rumors, that would storm off and give it to her management or give it to the fucking ushes. I don't know. Like she seems like a diva and a half based on the rumors.
Speaker 4: I think she needs to not be so precious about it. She needs to address it in a funny way.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was just gonna say that she needs to lean into it. She needs to film a sketch or something, or on a video address of the situation, and the teleprompter needs to break mid thing, or she needs to be reading off a script, or she needs to release a statement and it's riddle with spelling errors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before or even just lean into it and like make it a running joke, like she'll do an Instagram live and be like, uh oh sorry, I can't read the comments. I don't know what you guys are saying totally, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, it just shows that she's got such an ego that she can't let herself do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Kyle and JACKIEO have said that. Whenever they get asked, who's your worst ever interview, they always say her really because she was just apparently such a diva and such a punish and tried to get them blacklisted, and they're like blacklisted from Glee interviews.
Speaker 2: We're okay with that.
Speaker 1: They're all dead anyway, Sorry they are the Greekers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is very unfortunate. Anyway, we better get out of here, guys. Thanks for listening to another episode?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Guys. Please leave us a five star review. We're not a goddamn Baker's delight. We don't want four that only applies to places of business and food and recreational activities, not podcasts. Leaves a five star review, and right one if you haven't. It actually truly helps it bumps us up in the algorithm. We also have mugs for sale Season four limited run mugs are gorgeous, so go have a little. You can get assigned one as well.
Speaker 4: Linking byer yeap had to our instagram at a couple of mitches. There's a link to our mugs. Saw in our bio. While you're there, make sure you're slide into our DMS if you want to win a prize get an is it just you off your chest?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Otherwise we'll see you next week. Great show, Chip, see you in.
Speaker 2: A week, Yeah, see you then Darling Bye?
Speaker 1: So yeah, is it just me? A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 6: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Come welcome to ad Debrief.
Speaker 4: This is our secret segment on the end, Hi, we pretend the show is over and then we keep talking shit.
Speaker 2: Nothing's planned in this section of the show. We just go rogue just wherever our ad D brains take us.
Speaker 1: Oh, now, how are you? How's your boy? We're aload to talk about your boy?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We don't talk about the boy because you've.
Speaker 1: Got to glow and I want to. You're in a great You're glowing.
Speaker 4: I think I've just got nice moisturizer because I feel like shit at the moment. I don't want to bitch about feeling sick because, oh, apparently that was an issue. Someone wrote in our Facebook group, Oh, take a sip. Every time one of the mitches mentions that.
Speaker 1: They're sick, we're fucking stick. After the last week's episode, we're sick people. And you know what, we also got messages saying that was the best episode ever because you guys will low energy and we've never had you low energy. So there you go, bitches.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm always a little bit low energy.
Speaker 1: No, no, with anything. My sporadic high ADHD energy brings you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it definitely dotes. But no, it's nice and chill. I like it.
Speaker 4: Although I have to say something really put things in perspective for me this week because I was at home on Monday, I couldn't do our interview with Beverly Kills for Drag Race Debrief have bonus episodes because I was vocal restling and I thought, Yah, the fucking sacrifices I have to make for my job, the toll that my line of work takes on my body, the physical toll.
Speaker 2: Oh my voice, it's just so hard.
Speaker 4: And then it really put things in perspective when my brother sent a photo to our family group chat because he's a builder and he had a nail through his chin.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how self inflicted.
Speaker 4: No, so it was like some freak accident, like one of the other guys, one of the other builders there with him with using the nail gun and somehow it ricocheted and just went through his face. It entered right under the lip, and then he tried to pull it out, but he could feel his whole chin detaching when he did that, so we had to go to hospital and have it surgically removed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so lucky.
Speaker 2: That could have got him in the head, get him in the head.
Speaker 1: Look, oh my god, wait wait, wait, holy.
Speaker 4: Shit, I'll send you that video because it did get him in the head. But thank god it just went in the chin, because if it had been any high, I could have gotten his fucking brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could have killed him. God, that's awful.
Speaker 4: And he was just so blase about the fact that he got shot in the face with a nail that day. He's like, oh, yeah, I'll go back to work after I've got it removed.
Speaker 1: And here you are. Oh my hello, fresh box fell on my toe and I'm on bed rest.
Speaker 2: No, that's not wise because I've got no fucking voice.
Speaker 1: For an hour second right now? Oh you sent me the photo. Oh my god, look at him. Your brother's very handsome.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously it runs in the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a family thing. I'm sure he's nailing more things in his chin. Well, I'm sending my love and sending my regards.
Speaker 2: Please we should call him just for fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, should we call him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll send you his number. Yeah, I'll send him a quick text to make sure he answers.
Speaker 1: Could also be on the job site.
Speaker 2: Should dot Wiggins make a building inquiry?
Speaker 1: Okay, Mark, My name is Donald Wiggins. I'm a local pensioner. How are you, sweetheart?
Speaker 11: Well, how are you going good?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Listen, I need new grout lines in my on suite. It's very embarrassing to say, but I'm in continent, darling. I I ahouse myself often. Yeah, and I cleaned up. I clean majority of it. I can't bend. I clean up eighty percent of the fickle matter. But they're staying ground, darling.
Speaker 11: This is fucking this is a joke.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, you're a giant calling you. There's voices in my head.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 3: You've got to every time you do prank calls, you've got to change the voice because I untenable recognize.
Speaker 4: Its fucking checking in about how the nail in the face is going?
Speaker 1: How's the nail?
Speaker 11: It's still there? Get it removed?
Speaker 1: So it's still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No, I just left it in.
Speaker 2: No, it's not he had to get it surgy roof. I told you. It's been blase about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: My god, I was telling Mitchell, you probably nailed people in the face every weekend, but it is a different kind of one for you.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: You had a loving, committed girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, do you have a girlfriend? I didn't know that. What's her name? Shout out and so she listens. Sasha, Hi, Sasha, big fan of the show. Let's get Sasha a mug, signed mug and send one out to her. I'm sure she'll like her.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 2: So what happened? Did they have to knock you out to remove this nail?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: No, we just reefed it out.
Speaker 2: Clause no Mark answer seriously, idiot. What did they have to do?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, they knocked me out and then did something sport it out. I suppose I've got the now, actually, you put it in a little container for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll give that to Sasha and she can put it in the mug and the nail can sider in there. Is it just me mug? Yeah? Yeah, sure, Oh good on your cobber. All right, back to the job side.
Speaker 4: And so how did it actually happen? Because I was trying to explain how the ricochet? Oh no, wait, wait, fucking ass.
Speaker 1: But he's sorry, tumble us call him back.
Speaker 2: Isn't he dopey as Adobe?
Speaker 1: But I love him so much? He's so fun.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 2: Now, the reason we called was because I wanted you to explain how the nail got in your mouth in the first place, because I don't know how to explain the ricochet situation.
Speaker 11: Oh I didn't shoot it. Yeah, someone else had the gun and they shot a nail intough a bit of timber and it went straight through, which it doesn't usually do. And I was on the other side about a meter away and face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So it wasn't even a ricochet.
Speaker 11: It's like when very unlucky.
Speaker 1: That could have killed you.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, got my eye or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, Shashaw just was so shaken. Yes she was. Yeah, you'll have to pay for that marg but we'll talk off you. We'll get you to transfer it. I know how much you make, Yeah, I mean those trades they pay.
Speaker 11: So well, well, not much because you're ringing me and hold me up.
Speaker 1: I don't say rimming. That's disgusting. Just because we're gay doesn't mean we like rimming. Mark, that's a what a what a stereotype.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if you knows what rimming is?
Speaker 1: Well, he said, he said rimming.
Speaker 11: Sorry, I said, you're ringing me. I'm not making money because you're holding me out.
Speaker 1: Oh well you'd have to be held up if you've been rimmed anyway, Mark, great to have you on the showers. A pleasing as always, there was a pleasure. Mark Coombs, Mitchell Coomb's baby brother. You had a brush with death this week, so we just wanted to get them.
Speaker 4: Make sure you all go follow Kumb's carpentry underscore on Instagram. Keep up with the keep up with the flats at Birmingham Gardens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you need grouding done, I have never seen a straighter ground and then a Mark Coomb's great line, there is something in that wrist of yours it is and lucky Sasha. Truthfully anyway, great Mark, as I have you one. We'll talk soon. Okay, thank you. I got a good man. I'm trying to connect to him. You know, don't think they all talk about sex and whoru And I think he likes me, to be honest.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think Mark does talk about sex and stuff like that. It gets really awkward every time I make any sex jokes like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually don't think he knows what rimming is because he didn't laugh, and if it was awkward, he would have awkwardly laughed, but he just sort of brushed it off. We better call him back, should I call him back? And just with a YouTube video of how to rim and just play the audience.
Speaker 2: I just ask him do you know what rimming is? And if he doesn't, we'll let him know.
Speaker 1: Calling calling rim calling Mac. I'm going to put a voice put a voice to coder.
Speaker 2: On if you want.
Speaker 4: Okay, hello, Mark, we wanted to It's one last thing, one last thing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what rimming is?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Do you know what rimming is? Yes, okay, just check it.
Speaker 11: I don't want to think about it anymore.
Speaker 4: Wow, don't be homophobic. I don't want to think about what you do in the bedroom either.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 11: Oh, dear, all right, this has gone too far now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I mean it gets awkward when we talk about.
Speaker 1: Sex, and rightly so, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, it's your phone off silent because I could hear your motivation at notification when you're on the phone to Mark.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I recognize that. What's your quote today?
Speaker 1: Live life like the Queen? Oh that's that. That's bad taste.
Speaker 2: Did they actually say that?
Speaker 1: No, it says if the plan doesn't work, change the plan, but never the goal. I've got to actually one at eight am. I missed. The best feeling in the world is knowing that you actually mean something to someone. That's quite true.
Speaker 4: Actually, I got one from Eleanor Roosevelt. Do one thing every day that scares you.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll fuck one woman per day.
Speaker 1: Order from Beggar's Delight. Get what the fuck? My everything keeps going off? I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we better go on.
Speaker 1: Do not Disturb and everything, and it's been pushed through. You're on my push through, by the way, you know, that's where you know you're in. You're really close in someone's life. When you're in my you can come through my do not disturb call list.
Speaker 2: I don't know you could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've got my all my family, Hayden one of my work bosses. Not the big bosscause fuck that, but my like every day boss.
Speaker 2: How do you do that? How do you put them on the push through?
Speaker 1: You just go to settings do not disturb and you put them on the push too, and they can call through the do not disturb. Jenna's not fuck her.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Jenna two weeks in a row that she just hasn't rocked up, and this week she didn't even give an explanation.
Speaker 2: She just said I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't give an explanation, and we didn't want to talk about back.
Speaker 2: And she's on the out.
Speaker 1: Do you think, Jennet, Oh my god, we're gonna have to replace Jenna.
Speaker 2: I don't know, are we?
Speaker 4: Like I hope that's not the case, but like, you know, the writing on the wall when you suddenly give less of a fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, when Jenna, when we lose Jenner on the show, we'll do a Buckingham Palace style press release. The house the house of a couple of midges announcers.
Speaker 2: Today Jenna is stepping down from public life.
Speaker 1: Oh I fucking can't wait for that day. Now, Jenna has not gonna Jenna hasn't been here, so who knows when we get her back?
Speaker 2: Should we call her too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see what she's doing. I'm gonna call Jenna.
Speaker 2: I'll do the same thing. I'll message her and say answer your phone.
Speaker 1: I'll just FaceTime audio her. Here we go, Hi, Lenna, Hi, where are you?
Speaker 8: I'm at work.
Speaker 1: She's working, Mitchell, can you hear her?
Speaker 4: We were just we were just doing a welfare check because we know that you couldn't record today.
Speaker 2: But there was never a reason why.
Speaker 5: Yes, I had an appointment which I then scheduled because of the Queen's death.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, of course, of course, because Jenna not many people know this. She wants to keep it private. Is the Queen's corgie breeder, and Jenna sources corgies for the queen.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so big news day for you? Huh?
Speaker 1: Heartbreaking how many tears do Demanda Kella sheed three hours worth?
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm not even exaggerating.
Speaker 2: And so what was the appointment for?
Speaker 8: It was for my therapy.
Speaker 2: Ah, fair enough, popponing therapy. That's quite a sacrifice.
Speaker 1: It's all full's so.
Speaker 8: Is I know?
Speaker 1: Well, Jenna, we've had many many messages saying, where's Jenna? We's Jenner? Is this is this the end of Jenna? Has she stepped down from public duty?
Speaker 8: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: So you're back next week.
Speaker 8: I'm back next week.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll cut you into it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, Jenna, we just wanted to let you know that we have a message for you from an anonymous listener. It's his name is Steve. Hi, Jenna, Steve whatever message for you? Am I?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 1: You want to sleep with you? Will you accept a date with Thank you Steve? That was Steve. Do you accept?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow has a nice voice. Yeah, in a great voice. He's very very wealthy too. All right, thank you, Jenna, thank you and see you next Week's Jenna catchphrase? Sound all right, let's go, mitcha, let's get out of here. Urinates, Yeah, we better go.
Speaker 4: We hope this podcast made you feel at least to be sent better today.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: So we do, so, we do, so we do. Thank you, Mitch, a great episode. I see you next week. Everybody, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: We love you, Love you idiot, Bye bye.
Speaker 7: Is it just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 6: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.