Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. All right, So we're going to try and build an eighties or nineties school. Eighties and ninety school, we can try and build one. So far now we got the incinerator manned by children. Also, if you're going to build an eighties and nineties school, you need lou roll that is so thin you could use as tracing paper and am now cheap and thin it was and rough like yeah, you're right, sandy exterior.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing as well. We had in the classroom. You had one of those pencil sharpeners. Ah you yes, we could feed yes, you know Fija pensent. We had to ask the teacher if you could get up because the real time killer, because you would take your time dawdling up to it with you could easily waste out, trust me, about five minutes then, Connor, it doesn't take that long walk up here.
Speaker 3: A favorite during maths class, don't you think?
Speaker 1: And I was just blunting the pencil. It's gone against. It's gone against. Okay, this don't be quicker. Run. We used to have one who had crank, Yes, would drop me with.
Speaker 2: Like chopping always look like a cat's backside, Yes it does anyway A lot a time day dreaming at school. What else has to go on? Our eighties and nineties school?
Speaker 4: I actually reckoned this stuff was like a gateway drug. Those scratch and sniff stickers was the holy grail of something you could get from the teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, what a great thing in the ninety.
Speaker 4: Brilliant if you if you know, did your homework, will or something you know, missus Collins would come.
Speaker 1: On a strawberry and then you.
Speaker 4: Scratch and I bet you've got a lot to double.
Speaker 2: Degree monitor prefect.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was ing on them by the end.
Speaker 1: Can you still buy scratch and sniff stickers?
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't even get we used to get the red smiley face that the stamp. I've never seen any of her work with well done or good try.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he can do.
Speaker 2: I want to know, can you still buy scratch and sniff stickers? Ask the word we love God your husband? Because works would sell them, because I tell you what I'd like to get some and then when you do good breaks, I'll give you a smiley face, a scratch snicker, you get a little bus. I reward the love children, reward the behavior you want. Okay, that's how we're going to dominate the city team. We're scratch and sniffs.
Speaker 4: That's going to be instead of pay rise, scratch and sniffs.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to know how long does a scratch and sniff sticker retain its potency?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 2: Has anyone got one from the nineties but still smells of strawberry?
Speaker 1: Now you know, I'll ask my Mark.
Speaker 4: I've still got a lot of my school textbook, could stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please pease, please please?
Speaker 2: If anyone can answer that, and what else needs to go in our eighties and nineties school, Then.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, we're.
Speaker 2: Trying to build an eighties and nineties score. What needs to be there? And we're talking about scratch and sniff stickers. Remember the rubbers is to get those smelly rubbers, well scented rubbers. And I want to know actually how long they hang on to their potency the smell? How long do they retain it? For Christian the school has to have a Commodore sixty four, just one for the entire school to share. Reject shop, Christian, I'm a teacher. They still sell the stick scratch and sniff stickers. I've actually just ordered a pack of thirty six sheets Wow scratch and sniff stickers, so show get ready to be rewarded. Christian two pounds for a pack of fifty from the reject shop.
Speaker 1: Eighty. School has to have the HP overhead projector. Christian.
Speaker 2: I still have a scratch and sniff sticker from twenty seventeen. It still smells like a banana.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Aeron O'Connor, thank you very much. Brody here to answer your questions re scratch and sniff stickers to retain the smell. I've got a bunch, Christian urnews one from two thousand and seven. I just went and found them and had a sniff. They still work. If you've got to spare one, send them to me.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I've got one from twenty sixteen. Steel smells Christian are trolley on wheels at the school with a rank arena TV on top VCR player. That's from Vince Christian eighty every eighties and ninety six needs a walking sorry, a water drinking trough with only one of the five taps working properly.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the drink fountain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they just shot straight, so it's really hard to get your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, Christian.
Speaker 2: What about the bag of sawdust when pupil threw up in the school yard the caretaker would come along cover up the vomit with the You're right, it was a bucket of sand as well. Yeah, to put over kids that are chundered, Christian. They should retain their smell for years, depending on how much you scratch it.
Speaker 1: I excuse me, sir, I still have some. They're over ten years old and you can smell them.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mary Anne, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi Christian, Hi guys. Hello, I've still got my stickers from the eighties.
Speaker 1: You are kid, They still smell.
Speaker 5: They still smell.
Speaker 1: Wow, forty years later.
Speaker 5: Yes, all these yet my old primary school stuff in my suitcase. Oh brilliant, I still smell. Eight year old daughter gets some at school.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Marianne, thanksgiving us a call and showing that have.
Speaker 1: A good day.
Speaker 5: Thanks Christian, Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Veronica, Good morning, Veronica.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian and Gang.
Speaker 2: Morning, Veronica. Okay, what needs to be on our eighties and nineties school? What do you reckon?
Speaker 5: It has to be just Milly texts.
Speaker 4: Oh blueberry black with BlackBerry.
Speaker 5: Orange women.
Speaker 2: That was a bit yes, yes, great one, Veronica, Thank you very much. Good wat have a good day you too. Kristin, Welcome to the show. Hello, Hey, Kristin, So what needs to be in our eighties and ninety school?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: At my eighties school, I had a guillotine.
Speaker 2: Yes, slicing up the card and paper in the.
Speaker 1: God Yes. Was it not like a guillotine that you would see you know? No?
Speaker 2: No not someone would be dealt with it. No, this is your paper and card a desktop.
Speaker 1: One is it's still really sharp? Yess?
Speaker 2: You could either slide it from left to right or you had one that was like a slice of the old one that could having a butcher for slicing.
Speaker 1: Up yescrem right. Why to use this I don't know?
Speaker 2: Again again with the incinerator. Yeah, that's a great one, Kristin, thank you very much, thanks for going on the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: David. David, Hello David, welcome to the show. So, what needs to be in our eighties and nineties.
Speaker 5: School mate, Now, I remember this from early eighties primary school. Patch you might remember this. It was a hand crank photo copier and it was like purple and the smell would be like uh chemically, but it was smell really good, everybody.
Speaker 2: I used to love the smell of it. I used to love that and it would be wet when it came out to it. The urs was called the ban Dunge machine or something.
Speaker 3: And it was almost like fluorescent pink, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, purple like purple yes, and I.
Speaker 3: Put metho in. It wasn't the smell.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, Yes, that's how we got kicks back in the day. There was no TikTok for us. We'll be snipping paper. You won't there, man. It was great, David, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. You called buddy. Have a good day. Christian O'Connell Show one Podcast