Speaker 1: Laura, Come hello, everybody love him?
Speaker 2: Hi Laura, Happy Thursday, one day away from the weekend.
Speaker 3: I know, have you seen what everyone's talking about?
Speaker 1: The new Voice lineup dropped yesterday, but I think it's kind of caught everyone's attention today.
Speaker 3: The judges are all new on the Voice.
Speaker 4: Wait asn't they've just asked all the old judges.
Speaker 1: Well, guy Sebastian seemingly stay put into that chair because he's staying so.
Speaker 3: You know, he wears leather pants, so he's stuck in that chair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they felled him in, isn't old?
Speaker 2: Mate? Adam Lambert making.
Speaker 1: An Adam Lambert who is here for Marti Graft is sticking around and he's going to stay live and be a judge on the Voice.
Speaker 3: So Adam Lambert, Kate Miller high Key is a judge?
Speaker 2: Wow, didn't see that? On the bingo card.
Speaker 1: Gets more rogue. Anne Rhymes is also the fourth judge on the Voice.
Speaker 4: Where did they find her and dust her off?
Speaker 5: Laura?
Speaker 4: What do you mean dust her off?
Speaker 2: She's like a phenomenon. She danced in the moonlight.
Speaker 4: She did heaps of stuff. She did dance in the moonlight.
Speaker 3: She is a phenomena.
Speaker 5: But I just I was not guessing these judges for twenty twenty four there were Yeah, I'm surprised, no, but surprised.
Speaker 3: What is she seeing? She sings, can't fight the moonlight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, deep in the stars?
Speaker 5: Just a man?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is right.
Speaker 4: Hence why I mean dust her off?
Speaker 5: Because I'm pretty sure this was two thousand and seven, Okay, later not far well, oh my god, wait no, our producers saying it was even earlier.
Speaker 6: I think it was.
Speaker 4: Around two thousand or two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: I remember it specifically because it was my kindergarten teacher's favorite song.
Speaker 4: Ha once again kindergarten dusting off?
Speaker 3: Well, Laura, are you gonna say.
Speaker 2: If we were talking about the Beatles, You're gonna say, oh, dust the beetles off?
Speaker 3: Where have they been? You would also have to dust them off if you got them produce a grace. This kindergarten teacher is excited for Leanne rhymes on the voice.
Speaker 4: No, guys, I am this is my generation.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it. Okay, Well, it's a big show today.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, I have probably the biggest conundrum ever. We're doing an ask gun cut after the break, and what I don't know how to answer it. What would you do if you had only two friends and one Taylor Swift ticket?
Speaker 1: That's even harder than organizing tickets to Leanne rhymes concept.
Speaker 3: It's so tough a you.
Speaker 1: We will discuss that we've got an ask gun Cut on the way the pick up girls.
Speaker 3: Should we should you give some advice?
Speaker 4: I'm ready, Britt, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 7: Ask I'm cut.
Speaker 2: So we do this every Thursday on the podcast on Life on Cut. It's our favorite segment therapy Thursday. You guys ride in with a conundrum and we do our best to answer it. And today we have Marley. Now, Marley somehow found quote unquote a spare Taylor Swift ticket. Molly, how do you found a ticket?
Speaker 4: How do you find that?
Speaker 3: Because this stuff is like gold?
Speaker 8: I know. So ticket tech does this reselling thing and you have to refresh every day. I go on every single day to hope to find an extra few tickets for my friends that did miss out, and I managed to get only one.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the problem here is that you have one ticket for yourself, one ticket for a friend, but you have two friends.
Speaker 3: Quite that's right.
Speaker 5: The little pickle are you closer to one of these friends or do you have to kind of keep.
Speaker 4: The peace both.
Speaker 8: So they're equally besties, Like we met through Taylor Swift online. Like we've been friends for ages. They're like equal, So I really don't know how to choose.
Speaker 3: Oh God.
Speaker 5: Also they met through Taylor Swift online. It's like they're real hardcore Swifties.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, friends for like twelve years?
Speaker 1: Are they crazy Swifties Marley? Because you know how you can toil the line with some Swifties. It can be a lot like are they rerispand Swifties or are they like they're going to go crazy if they don't get these tickets Swifties.
Speaker 8: They are just going to go insane. So I really got to choose wisely.
Speaker 2: I okay, controversial. I don't think you choose. I think you'd be really honest with your friends and you go, look, I got an extra ticket. I only have one. I love you both equally. I think that we need to put it into like a hat, like and everyone needs to agree before you put your hand in and draw it out. That that's just how the dice is going to roll.
Speaker 8: Yeah, leave it up to chance.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 5: I think you have to do it like all adult arguments, you know, I sattled. I think you just do a healthy game of rock paper scissors. Get them all together, sit around. No best of three, one go only.
Speaker 1: Paper scissors are so boring, I reckon, like, make them fight, and you need to scout these tickets, Maley, like, come on put a price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you make some catch to the economy stuff.
Speaker 8: Like a quiz and who you're such.
Speaker 1: A swifty I see them and I could make them shake it off and they can hold the tickets and and see if they're their reputation error guys.
Speaker 2: Should we do the quiz online on radio?
Speaker 3: Should we get the quiz on quiz?
Speaker 5: I mean she's like, I don't want to do any work, all right, go back to papises a rock, Yeah, look that or papers is rock, or sell them for the highest bidder online, and just don't give it to your friends. I didn't want to give to either of you because I didn't want to fight, so I took a stranger.
Speaker 4: Give it to your friend, but just make it fair, Okay.
Speaker 8: I like that idea, like a suit as the paper rock kind of vibe. Yeah, I think that's Can I just.
Speaker 3: Say if you ever wanted to google? What does this swifty sound like? It's Marley. I mean, she's so diplomatic, so sweet. She said yes to blood bath and yes to papers is as wrong.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to offend either of us. And that's a good swifty.
Speaker 3: Molly. Can you just say something mean to Laura? I just want to see if you've got it in you try it.
Speaker 2: You're amazing.
Speaker 3: Maley, are horrible?
Speaker 1: Cut her off?
Speaker 3: Get her off here. That's the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 4: What a sweet, sweet, sweet girl.
Speaker 5: That helps a big problem. There's going to be a lot of fights happening about Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Taylor stup. Everyone's in love with it.
Speaker 1: You know who else everyone's in love with and and for good reason. Tony Armstrong. He is the host of the Poolroom podcast on iHeart. But he's also he was an ex footy player. He's on the ABC. He's a half for his gorgeously off the market. Well that's the thing there. He has been the face of many an allegation is he dating?
Speaker 3: Is he single?
Speaker 1: We will find out next. We're going to play head lies with the one and only Tony Armstrong. Allegations stop sorry. Will.
Speaker 5: He's also got criminal charges against He's coming up next.
Speaker 3: Laura, you just you just defamed me. I didn't say that. Allegations live radio.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just bring put a word in there. Tony Armstrong's on the show Necks on the pickup stand by Laura. Wipe that bead of sweat off your top brow please.
Speaker 3: And you too, Brittany.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, min No, I've got one too, but I'm sweating profusely across my body because hosts of The Poolroom with Tony Armstrong, the One and Only heart Throb Tony Armstrong's on the line and hello, hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, we all we.
Speaker 2: Love you, Tony. Season two of The Poor Room is back.
Speaker 3: Are you happy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean it's always nice when things get renewed, isn't it. It's always a good feeling when that happens. But no, it's yeah, nice, nice to have it back out there. Had a little bit of a hiatus over over the summer, and yeah, just looking forward to people rapping their ears around it and enjoying it. Hopefully that's the main thing. As long as people are enjoying it, we'll keep doing it.
Speaker 5: These are stories where you can kind of you get like a little bite sized nugget of a really cool story. And then the next time you're at the pub and you're talking to your friends, if you were completely sports illiterate, it makes you seem like you know what you're talking about, Like you're cool and you're in the know.
Speaker 6: Are you reading my notes?
Speaker 3: No, I know, I know exactly what's going about.
Speaker 6: That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 4: Oh, sorry to you're line. No, okay, Well what's coming up on the new season?
Speaker 6: Then well, look it's so we've got so we've got stories that range from motor racing all the way through to I guess athletics, all of these weird little nuggets of I guess sporting information that, as you said, you can pop into the pub or just have a talk with a bunch of people who you might be trying to impress, and away you go, all of a sudden, they think you're you're a bloody genius and or you've done is listen to ten minutes of the Poor Room.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but I'm also an idiot, so I'd hear that story that I'd retell it tony with all the facts wrong. I'm like a Frenchman he could fly and he actually played soccer for us and it was huge, and Tony Armstrong told me all about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got his pilot's license.
Speaker 2: Here exactly The Poor Room season two you can stream on the free iHeartRadio app. Tony, we want to play this game with you. It's called headlines. We look through the Internet and we try and find real headlines that have been written, but we also put together some fake ones and you've got to decide what's what.
Speaker 5: No, but Tony, the liberating part about this as well is is that you get to put rumors to rest. Like if there's anything that's been written about you that you're like, that's not true, you can air it out here right now.
Speaker 6: Oh you see here, I was thinking, Actually, I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Tony, let us play, let us play the sound effect. It's all good. Do you just debunked, because because it's let's do it time for this, it's just effect news.
Speaker 6: Beginning with breaking news, breaking news.
Speaker 2: Head guys, here are some bolts that happens somewhere today.
Speaker 5: All right, first headline for you, Tony Armstrong, Heart Launch's girlfriend heartbreaks across Australia.
Speaker 6: Well, I think half of it's true, like I do definitely hard launch with my beautiful girlfriend run. Okay, it's true about the hearts breaking.
Speaker 5: The thing that I'm the most sad about this is it means that you're not going to be Austraight as bachelor.
Speaker 4: That's what I was hoping for.
Speaker 5: I think a season of Tony Armstrong is the thing that that the network needed to revive it.
Speaker 6: It's still doing all right, isn't it breaks suggest otherwise? Okay? Well, I mean yeah, I pay close attention to ratings.
Speaker 2: Clearly, all right, have headline in front of me.
Speaker 3: It's all fake.
Speaker 2: Tony Armstrong admits, talking through his tears. It's a clip on mustache and they are fake veneers too.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 4: I always knew that Tony had veneers and a fake mustache.
Speaker 6: It's true, fake mustache and veneers. Everything about me is bull crap. No, I was just going to say, the last time I show my mustache, I had a tan line underneath it. So now it's like like I had I had like a sock tan, but a mustache tan. So it's like so part of the embarrassing for pretty embarrassing for a black dude to have a tan line above his upper lips, keeping it there for now until im perpetuity.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna do it, you're gonna do it at the beginning of summer, not at the end of summer.
Speaker 3: That's your lesson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a really good point.
Speaker 5: The last one I've got for you here is stop flirting. ABC Star's awkward moment.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. That happened at the TikTok Awards. Yeah, what happened, Well, so so in the room it was it wasn't It didn't necessarily hit it out of the park, I don't think. And yeah, I was just like far out, like Rona's Rona's probably probably watching this as well, your partner, and I just and I just and I just told her that I wasn't flirting. I was I was flattering her and trying to make her feel really good, given she was up for the bigger water than nut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because an influencer made a reference saying that that she was flirting with you, you're being flirted with yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. And I must admit I felt very uncomfortable as well. I was like, oh gosh, oh.
Speaker 3: No, I was in the room and I thought it was hot. I kind of yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it went down like a sack of potatoes that went down, Yeah, did, And then it was all over the news for the following week. So okay, well, I'm glad we got the gussier first headline debunt everyone.
Speaker 1: So so the takeaways from this real mustache, He's in love with his partner and Season two of The Poor Room with Tony Armstrong is now available to stream, and they takeaway happy with those Tony.
Speaker 6: Hey, look yeah, print it, take it to print.
Speaker 3: Tony, I'm strong. Great to have you back on, buddy. We'll see you soon. See you, Tony.
Speaker 6: Always a pleasure to see you, guys, see your Tony.
Speaker 3: All right, everyone stand by back after this on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of lovers thirteen one oh six five, I have the question, when was it that you realized that your partner, maybe your husband, your wife, your loving partner really deeply loved you, Like, what was it that they did that made you realize that they were the one?
Speaker 3: Everyone has that moment, yeah, where something.
Speaker 4: Clicks and you're like, wow, this person they are in this for.
Speaker 3: The long haul.
Speaker 1: Was it you and your partner Matty Jay when he gave you a rose on the hit series A Bachelor.
Speaker 5: I mean that it was an indicator, but you know what, there's been plenty of bachelor relationships that haven't worked out.
Speaker 3: Oh you know.
Speaker 5: That did not like as much as that was like reassuring, It wasn't the moment where I was like, Wow, this man really would do anything for me. And look, it wasn't the moment when he proposed to me. It wasn't when we got married, it wasn't when we had children.
Speaker 2: What was it then, Laura.
Speaker 5: So when you get married, you say the whole, for better or for worse, You'll be there through it, you know, thick and thin.
Speaker 4: And recently we had a for worse moment. I got really sick with pneumonia a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: You were sick, really sick, and I was at the point where I was coughing so much that I was throwing up right. I just you know, And it's gone on for a long time, and I was being sick, and the problem is I didn't always know when it was going to hit me. So those asked for attacks they came out of nowhere, and then I'd start coughing, coughing, coughing, and then all of a sudden, I'd start vomiting. Now, sorry for anyone who is squeamish about vomiting, because it's kind of gross. But you know, when you're going to throw up and you go into the bathroom and you have a choice. You can either do it in the sink, which is a real that's not a nice option, or.
Speaker 4: You do it in the toilet.
Speaker 2: It's toilet Laura all the time. The sink's too small. It's like a little drain.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course it's a little drain.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I had the option.
Speaker 5: I ran into the bathroom and there it was Molly May and my little four and a half year old sitting on the toilet.
Speaker 3: Couldn't vomit on her, did I?
Speaker 4: So I turned around. I was like, then what do I do?
Speaker 5: Is it in the bath or is it in the sink? And so I vomited into the sink and we have one of those tiny drains. I'm talking it's not even a drain. It's got like the sink plug bit that sticks over the top, so literally only water can go down.
Speaker 3: It's like a sieve. It's like a metal disk.
Speaker 2: No chunks are going down there, so nothing went down.
Speaker 5: He just sat there in the sink, and my daughter's in the toilet, like, what's mum doing Anyway, she finishes her business, she toddles off.
Speaker 4: Matt walks in and he just stood there and he looked at me, and then.
Speaker 5: He sighed and he walked back out, and he came in with a cup, and then by then I transferred myself to the toilet, and he just stood there at the sink and he just scooped it out and didn't say one word. He didn't ask why I didn't throw up in the toilet, He didn't reprimand me. He just did what every loving husband should do, and that is he picked my vomit out, my bolonnaise or whatever it is I had eaten that night, out of the drain, and I stood there and I was like, this man loves me and he'll be there for everything.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's love. What do you reckon? Ready's filing the papers of divorce back EN's too.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's trying to avoid a ridiculously expensive plumbing bill that your chunker saw a spaghetti bolonnaise was about to clog up the pipes.
Speaker 5: Fair I actually think it was spaghetti arabiata, but that's stop.
Speaker 1: I remember my ex so clearly wasn't in love that deeply I knew. I'm like, oh, yeah, this is deep love. When he couldn't find the nail clippers and he went, oh, this is corners in my pinky toe that you know what, like there's.
Speaker 5: A street stop, it's a corner, so I can't looks horrified.
Speaker 1: So he when I can't find the tonah clippers. So what I did was I grabbed his foot with my hand and I used my two front teeth and I peeled, I picked, I latched onto the corners of the nail.
Speaker 3: It did not and I pulled back and pulled it out.
Speaker 2: Oh you're a.
Speaker 4: He just showered and now you're not even together anymore.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: That is that is discussing. He probably had tinier, He probably got tid.
Speaker 3: No one else has the front teeth that can do it. Anyway, brit you have anything with your boyfriend Ben? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Literally, just when I was over in a on holiday with him a couple of weeks ago. I was also vomiting from a migraine and he same thing. Laura came in, didn't say a word, pulled my hair back and just let me vomit, rubbed my back and rubbed me. I was gonna say, rub me through a migraine, but that didn't sound good. He rubbed my back through the migraine as my here's a lot of rubbing. Yeah, it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: We have Rhiannon on thirteen one O sixty five. What did this happen to you? Is there a moment you were like, yeah, I'm in love.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, So we were two weeks into a relationship, really early on, and we went out to dinner and then within hours something was not right that I had eaten and I had from poisoning for days, and he did not leave my five once.
Speaker 5: Oh, he should have left your side a little bit though, like if you were on the loop, I think he could have.
Speaker 4: Gone into the other room.
Speaker 3: Are you still together?
Speaker 4: It's a bit close for company.
Speaker 7: We are still together. I'm scared for anyone to ever find that out. So we'll never be breaking out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true.
Speaker 3: D you're in the wrong place. I'm so single. Let's go home.
Speaker 4: Let's leave one day, Mitch. There'll be someone who picks you out of a drain for you there's.
Speaker 3: Someone that moment. Ye would he do that? Though absolutely he would know Mitch. He would tomorrow on the show My Toes being clipped live by My Situation Ship.
Speaker 4: You don't want to miss this one. You need wait for that one
Speaker 3: Pick up