Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you very much for download in the podcast We are back. Thank you very much for downloading this. You've got what's she got there?
Speaker 3: This is for people who remember from a couple of weeks ago, I tried to make some Primo mugs for the show and in a moment of sleep depravity, I spelled your name Christine instead of Christian O'Connell. We went ahead and got them.
Speaker 2: How you did that? How surely you would notice on your eye that it looks so wrong and in fact everything's wrong, Not even Christian to go to Christine.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks it looks right, doesn't That doesn't jump out at me and say something's wrong about that. It's like when you spell a word wrong in Microsoft word, but if it's another word, it's not going to give you the red squiggly line underneath. That's the kind of the problem that I have here.
Speaker 2: But I think you've actually had the mate.
Speaker 3: We've had them made and on. We had to pay for these, now this is from did we.
Speaker 1: Pay for them?
Speaker 3: But did we pay money? No? The promo shop who's saying thank.
Speaker 2: You promo shop. That's great, but why not get someones with my actual name on.
Speaker 3: That's the next step.
Speaker 4: But no, no, no, the next step, it's the new step.
Speaker 3: Well, these ones are going to be like a rare, hard to get collector's item, and then when we get the real ones, we give them away for good emails. But these ones are for very good emails.
Speaker 2: Oh I see very good emails. Have my name misspelled on your mug.
Speaker 3: In my handwriting?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I mean it's an amazing mug. It's so much more than a mug. Okay, so yeah, email with us anytime you want to email the show. But anything that we've talked about this week, I'd love to hear stories about house sitting that went wrong. As you find on today's show, someone's made a really big mistake by getting Jack to house sip only got four more days. But I'm not gonna happen in four days or anything else you ever hear to the show. I really want to start this feature on the show called Late to the Party, where I know a lot of you might be a week later that you hear a show and we're talking about something, Please email me about it, just because we've moved on. We're doing something else. We can always come back to anything. The email address is Christian at Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: Let's play today's show.
Speaker 1: Enjoy live from Level two twenty one for thirty one good Wood Street.
Speaker 2: W Reshman. This is the Christian All Practice show.
Speaker 1: On Noven's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's a Christian okollow breakfast show.
Speaker 3: Good morning bats, Hey, how are you going?
Speaker 2: Good morning Jack?
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: So the last time we were doing the show, I was nervously trying to find out would I be flying to Bali. The flights are grounded. You remember on your newspass about the volcano. The flights were granted. We never went to Barley. Yeah, I know, first world problems, right, But we did go to Western Australia and a place called Broom and it was amazing, one of the best places we've ever been to have any need to ever been there.
Speaker 3: I've never been a Broom, but I think you've got a good band, really, because a Broom's meant to be lovely.
Speaker 2: It was stunning, absolutely stunning. People are friendly up there, beautiful beach up there called Cable Beach. The people up there.
Speaker 4: I don't mean there's any way to be rude.
Speaker 2: A little bit different. Oh, how so all different? It's good. You know. I'm not from around here. I'm over here starting new life in my family. This has show number twenty one on this radio station. They don't appear to like to wear footwear, not even thongs in the supermarket. Just oh, it's okay, just to yeah, get out the car. I've been driving the car with those shoes.
Speaker 4: At the airport.
Speaker 2: They're signs saying, please stick on some shoes before coming with your security and getting on the plane. Okay, I guess.
Speaker 3: If it's never cold up there, what's the need for it need?
Speaker 4: We can imagine that we're in Ingram right now. Two things are happening.
Speaker 2: Obviously the World Cup for Examp, we're into the semi final, and there's a heat wave. Now you guys have find that's funny. But the country shutting down because it's in the early thirties, all right, it's really really, really really hot. You wouldn't still catch us not wearing footwear. I've never been to a place of my life broom. I was shouting to a lady at the bar once. It's never not sunny. So every morning I'll be going to kids, Oh my god, it's sunny out there again, kid, because we don't know what that's like. We couldn't believe that it's winter up there. It was like thirty five. Never believed thirty five degrees up then Broom, absolutely amazing. Went on some day trips as well. You know, only go on the day trips.
Speaker 4: Oh it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you guys, but whenever you're on the day trip, you start as they pick you up on that little minibus and then they pick you up, We've got a way outside your hotel. And then as you as you're ferrying around picking up other people from their hotels, you'll have a little look sit at their hotel and you judge them, don't you. Ah, look at those fancy couples, yeah whatever, And then there's always a couple as well that you're waiting for for ages. You know, they come running out there. So I hadleft my sunglasses in the room and Derek had to go.
Speaker 3: Okay. The last one I went on with my parents in Croatia. We accidentally went on like a Kentiky tour and everybody else was twenty one thirty accidentally went well, wasn't actually labeled Kentiky tour, but it ended up to be the Croatian version of that because it was twenty one American and Canadian tourists and then me and my mom and dad, and for some reason I sat between my mom and dad, which just made me feel like a little child.
Speaker 2: What is this recently?
Speaker 3: Like in the last this is when when I came to visit you in London, I did that detour into Croatia to meet my parents, and so this is in the last you know, six months.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. One we could go accidentally on a Koontiki tour, but the fact that you went with your mom and dad on the day trip and they sat in between them. Everyone else on that trip is looking over at you, guys judging like this, Oh, blessed, parent's good with that kid, who's obviously a little bit is he slow? I look at him? I mean he looks a little bit. You know that some inbreeding went all the family net was something the eyes if you've seen his I don't look at his eyes. Actually, well give it.
Speaker 3: It was actually a snorkeling trip. So everybody else on the boat is getting into their bikinis and saying themselves on the boat and me and my mom and dad are the only ones who sat in the cabin.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic anyway, Good morning the Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three and.
Speaker 2: Don't change goome onr. It's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast show, showing him a twenty one on gold one of four point three. So we're looking to take some me cool. So now I want to know what's happened to you over the weekend. So that's about why the story of your weekend in just three words. So for me it would be sofa too hard? Shall we came back from holidays Saturday night Sunday? What I have to look forward to going around to some stranger's house.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not still trying to buy something off gun tree at it's this is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: The posters are still up with me on and I'm driving around yesterday evening in the rain and cold. So stranger's house, it's the sofa now all right? Facebook Marketplace, you've seen that their version of eBay all right, and my wife's goes Oh Chris, look at this look at this seven hundred bucks for this amazing couch. And so I look at this couch and go, yeah, okay, yep, fine.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we need to go around and just try it out.
Speaker 2: So we go around to this stranger's house yesterday evening, sit on this couch. Seems right to me. So I go to the guy, cool, okay, well look, will you take a bit less. My wife goes sort of gives me a funny look. Oh hang one goes, I'm so sorry, and Angel, come on because my husband I just have a little conflaba little chat. And then he goes, yeah, okay, And it was a really small little flat, right.
Speaker 3: You wedged out on the balcony, or I just went into a corner toilet.
Speaker 2: The only place we could go and have a meeting between my wife and I.
Speaker 4: Was in his bathroom, and I go, I like it. It's a couch. It's just like the photo.
Speaker 2: Just get it. Just no, no, it's too fun, it's too hard. I went, We can't tell him that this is really awkward. What can we what we're going to do? Shus, you need to think of an excuse win, all right, So we'll go out there and go Okay, would you take like three hundred and fifty dollars for this? He goes, that's half the price. Whim Well that's my final offer. Think about it. Get back to me. He goes, Okay, you've got until I don't even know why I said this, I sent You've got until nine o'clock tomorrow morning. It is a deadline anyway. Thank Okay, yep, we're getting hard so we haven't had. We don't want this, I said, So this will be really bad. Now he's going to go okay, yeah, okay, I take it through and no, don't want it, mate, I've slept on it. It was really hard and firm. So yeah, that's my three word weekend. If you are selling a sofa botther way, I am looking for one, all right.
Speaker 3: Make sure it's hard soft, just got to be sot all right, So tell us your three word weekend.
Speaker 2: What's happened to you over the weekend? And three words you can give us a call nine four one four three nine four one four one I four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connor w Reckford show Top weekend. It's gold one O four point three, just going our four seventeen minutes past six. Think you might to lou In Weerby. I heard about my nightmare going around some stranger sales yesterday trying out a couch that was too hard to turn to my wife. I mean, I don't really have an opinion about whether it's two firms. It's just a couch. Just sit on it. You don't really think about is it too firm? So you bet Christian. Have you heard of fantastic furniture instead of going round strangers houses?
Speaker 4: That's some lou In weerriby. Lou thank you very much for your right.
Speaker 3: This is a furniture shop. They saw a rocket science, lou No, it is in shape.
Speaker 2: Tell you where I will probably try out is Adriatic Furniture. Just come back to find out that they sponsor the show. Nice you reckon they am? I you know if I just turned up at the back of the warehouse and go, hey, you don't know me, but the Christian and Connor Refers show with Adriatic Furniture on goold loaded in the back of the garth. Guys, don't you don't need to ask anyone. They'll be fine with it. Just load up straight the back of the car. Police, thank you very much. All right, let's go to the lines. We want to know what's happened to you, the story of your weekend in three words. We're doing three word weekend on nine four one four one o four three. Let's go to lines and Rod. Good morning morning people. How are you pretty good?
Speaker 1: Rod?
Speaker 2: I hope you are well this morning as well. What's your three word weekend? It's on tractor? What on tractor? What happened on that?
Speaker 5: I was on that all weekend turning up brand, preparing it for the spring weather, and.
Speaker 4: You got soaked?
Speaker 6: You pitcher up in valerred area that was running consistently.
Speaker 2: Now have you ever used this tractor before?
Speaker 7: I had used to be many a times?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay, are you are you a farmer?
Speaker 8: Pretend farmer?
Speaker 2: Right? You do realize that some tractors have the can you know they have something that you know? So?
Speaker 4: Have you not got one? Or is that too expensive?
Speaker 2: Can you have someone pay someone to stand there with an umbrella over your head?
Speaker 8: It's possible, yes, just.
Speaker 2: The thought, you know, if you're geting wet on the tractor, maybe look at using an umbrella or anything like that. Rob Okay, cheers, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: They go.
Speaker 2: It's advice as well as music today and adverts hand letting you know that Asiatic Furniture are looking after the show this week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So listen, Jack, you've been off for a week as well. So I went up to over and up to broom. What have you been up to in your week off?
Speaker 3: I've been house sitting Andy's place. Actually, Andy Lee.
Speaker 4: Yep, crank you all heard the name drop.
Speaker 2: Let me just pick it up off the floor for you so you can put it back in your Louis bouton Andy bag.
Speaker 3: I'm looking out for his fish.
Speaker 2: Has he got fish now his place, well, one of his. He's got his fifteen homes. He has that place. You're looking after him. It is like Bruce Wayne's mansion, isn't it It is? It's very very nice, but it's spotless. He's a clean, tidy ordered guy. He is.
Speaker 3: He is clean tidy that actually the fish tank would be the only dirty thing in the whole house because he's got a bit of gram on the outside. But everything else is pristine. He folds his clothes away, and maybe I should be going through the cupboards, but he folds his clothes away like you see them on a shelf of like a cool man's outfit store, you know, like all folded up and nice, and they're probably folded in, aren't they slavey.
Speaker 2: I could never do that. I just do the old in half and then just push the arms in, don't you so it's a it's all pushtingly fon. Do you think he has someone does that for him. I guess no.
Speaker 3: I think it's that's his that's his way of keeping clean. And I'm wearing one of those jumpers today because.
Speaker 2: The thing did he say? Did he say you could wear his clothes?
Speaker 3: He didn't stay wear your clothes. But it's only a house city.
Speaker 2: You don't go start un rifling around in their clothes. Go that is a nice jump up. Yep, I'll have that.
Speaker 3: I can keep it. I'm just wearing it for the day.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. He didn't say when you house it for someone that they say that, you know, they say help yourself.
Speaker 4: They don't mean the clothes.
Speaker 2: That bit.
Speaker 4: You know, no fly zone, you don't go around, rooting around in his underwear. Draw you're pervert?
Speaker 2: Are you wearing his underwear right now?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't wear anything that touches directly of the skin T shirts.
Speaker 2: You don't know if he rocks that and he has no kind of undershirt, he might just be wearing that.
Speaker 3: No, but I have worn an undershirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, like a barrier, like a kind of bond to come between you and Andy.
Speaker 4: These clothes. This is incredible.
Speaker 2: I have to text him because I know it's on holiday obviously in the maldis in the sense of going look Jack's house sitting did you say it also have your clothes and telling well, well no, Well he's going to find out now anyway, coming up in five minutes time.
Speaker 4: The reason why asked what did he get up to? You're rested?
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel actually very good.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: We're going to find out just how good in five minutes time because it is back Jack's early morning game. If you don't know what we're talking about, stay tuned, you'll find out the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack's Early Morning Game. Let's play the music which tellly how this works. Hello, hell that? So some of Jack's responsibilities on the show include looking after primetime and then anyone you don't have to work in breakfast ready to know the primetime is now twenty to seven of the morning. You know? So this game? What don't you explain how we've been through a few changes with this game? Because management here who don't normally listen to this part of the show, but they did accidentally one day and they were like, what the hell is Jack's early morning game? Drop it, change it, delete it, beIN it, go into the trash file and get.
Speaker 4: Rid of that in there as well.
Speaker 2: We don't want any evidence in this building that this game actually exists. So it is back. It's new and improved. Can you remember how it works?
Speaker 3: All good game shows go through changes. Hot Seat Millionaire didn't start off as Hot Seats Saturdays.
Speaker 2: The boring long It was originally Hot Seat Sofa.
Speaker 3: It was a lot more boring. And so I tell you like I tell you that, and like our.
Speaker 2: Games steady on, it's like some dark times there are something I don't to go into it now, but I don't want to go to the dark side so.
Speaker 4: Early on the show. But it was some tough times.
Speaker 3: There, like millionaire. We've improved our game. Now it is two contestants playing head to head. Makes it more fun, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Nothing more fun than two listeners going head to head.
Speaker 3: I'll give three categories. You will choose from those categories.
Speaker 2: Serious like this source of speech.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll give three categories like you choose two categories. The callers have to get as many points in that category as possible.
Speaker 2: Get twenty seconds shot joh'ty, Let's give Pats to go right now? What's what's on the topic for pats? Pats?
Speaker 3: Your category is rivers?
Speaker 2: If you go twenty seconds, how many have got a name?
Speaker 3: As many as you can?
Speaker 9: Mari River, a checker river, can Passy River, Australia's Onden River, the big one of the rivers, river Yarra River. How many did I get?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 3: That's great, very very strong there.
Speaker 2: Who knew you see much about rivers?
Speaker 3: Is there an a checker river?
Speaker 9: Is pedal steam? No, that's the Murray?
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, Yeah, that's and that now all various rivers of the world. Okay, wells prime time. After all, we got it prime We've just pulled Jack away from the dark side of reminiscing about all the change on the whole sea. Really now, I'll have to ask you more about that after the show. Anyway, Cooling, that's how it works. We give you the topics. There are prizes up for grabs. Well, we we have tickets for you to go and see Dwayne Johnson's new movie Skyscraper. This looks great. Yeah, you've seen Dwayne Johnson many movies. Have you seen him with half a leg trying to save a movie? That is his new movie. It's amazing. Die Hard with half a leg. You can't beat that, Bruce Willius, you didn't do that back in the day. That's what Dwayne's doing now he's got half a leg in this movie. Anyway, Cooling, Now to win nine four one one oh four three.
Speaker 1: We're playing next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ten k no repeat, work Day is Back. If you catch has known the same song twice, you could win ten thousand dollars. Good luck, Hello, Hello, all right, after a week's break, can we remember how this game works. We're about to find out jack all right, then let's get the contestants on this morning. First up, Marie.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Marie. Good morning, Christian and Jack, Good morning Marie. Are you hey? We're pretty good. We're excited to be back.
Speaker 2: And Marie, I hope you had a nice weekend. Are you ready to play this?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So Jack is clear and Jack? What are the possible topics for Marie?
Speaker 3: Inspired by the prize we're giving away today, skyscraper? The first topic is famous buildings, then medicines, then funny people.
Speaker 2: Medicines, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: Like panad dole?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to give you any more.
Speaker 2: No, no, don't, don't keep it. Yeah, okay, all right, okay, all right, I'm going to go straight into it. Marie.
Speaker 4: You get twenty seconds to name medicines.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, can dole? This s burn, dimo, don mercen, dole um, espirn, espirn. Oh my god, this should be easy. I take so many of them.
Speaker 3: You're on five, Marie, five.
Speaker 10: Five, got five? Penicillin?
Speaker 3: Time has gone. You're on five? Never heard of diamond? Dimo?
Speaker 4: Don No, I don't know. I think that's a phone.
Speaker 10: Is something I used to give my children, I think when they were young.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I don't think that one's available right now, very different time, very different times available and maybe under the counter. All right, well there'sen Marie that listen, you're online radio. You're up against the time. That might be enough for you. Yeah, you've done very well, Marie.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's not very good.
Speaker 4: Stay there, Stay there, Marie, Lou.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, he is, Lou.
Speaker 8: Goodboying are morning Christian? Good morning Jack?
Speaker 2: Hello and Lou. Are you ready to play?
Speaker 8: Yes? I am.
Speaker 2: I love I love the feller Lou here. I think he's a live wire. And a good weekend, Lou.
Speaker 8: I had a great week. And thank you Christian and yourself. I heard you went up to Brooin. A great time there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, beautiful place, really really nice, Lou.
Speaker 2: Well look at us.
Speaker 4: We're getting on like a house of fire, don't you do well?
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty seconds for you, Lou on famous buildings. Good luck?
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: Twin tours, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big benk counts Okay.
Speaker 8: Melbourne Towers. Twin towers. I think I said, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, you got you got five, But I'm not sure Melbourne Towers. Is that anyone who know?
Speaker 9: Melbourne Towers is your eureka?
Speaker 8: We've got two towers together.
Speaker 2: We're famous buildings. Not the Tarholders, Anything Towers, Tar Towers.
Speaker 3: Tower, Risbon Towers, Adlai Towers, the.
Speaker 2: Poor, the poor Twin Towers get a name. I mean, incredible performance there from you. That was amazing.
Speaker 3: He's only scored four, so Marie gets it with the score of five.
Speaker 2: Well that's great. The old timer dond for wherever it was the wrong rom alright, look tough luck buddy, have a good day.
Speaker 1: So much for the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Do you mind bull Kelly and heykind of girls, dumb things? Come on list to Christian o' color Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. So a show number twenty one for me. And I'm so keen and excited to be here in Melbourne doing this brand new radio show. For me that we are back to work after just a little week's break. Whilst everybody else up and down the doll they're all putting their best ofs on, we are actually here. I'm still excited to be doing the show. So we are here. I went to Broom. I've been to Broom last week, which was amazing. When you go on holidays sometimes you do day trips. We decided typical pommies to go well watching. You know. The kids were like, oh, wow, do you think we're definitely going to see whales and we're well, there's no guarantee, but we go on this catamaran. It's about twelve other people from all over Australia, all excited as well, and two hours deep.
Speaker 4: Just keep going. You can't see anything out into the ocean.
Speaker 2: I think if we carried on we would have got eventually at some point Indonesia.
Speaker 4: We're actually going on Google maths. Where are in the middle of nowhere?
Speaker 2: An ocean is going and going, and it's beautiful weather, it's stunning, and then suddenly you see them goes quiet, right, everyone in the boat goes quiet.
Speaker 4: You see wells, You see.
Speaker 2: A tail slapping, and then there's something else slapping and it's a peck.
Speaker 4: They call them their pecks.
Speaker 2: I think. I guess they're looked to me like a wing.
Speaker 4: I actually said, so there's not on the wing and.
Speaker 2: The going there. They don't have wings, Dad, wing is he you know, humpback welles and fins that's the word. Yeah, I mean I call them wings, you know, you call them, I guess the probable word fins.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, after two hours, the engines just stop, and at first the pan, oh my god, be broken down. I mean, how do you get roadside recovery out of it?
Speaker 2: Seen dead calm which can now happen here kill billy Zayme's career. And then the captain goes, that's it. Now we uh have to wait and see if the wells want to come to us. So they're about one hundred meters away. We've traveled for two hours to see these wells, so paid for.
Speaker 4: We're a hunters. We've got squint to see them. Okay, and the engines are starting.
Speaker 2: I said, can we we just stop here and we get a little bit closer? Start the engines up again, and took the maybe get fifty.
Speaker 4: Meters to them.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we don't want to scare the wells. He just told me they weigh about thirty tons. I'm not saying scare the wells, but yeah, get a little bit closer to them, for sure. Two hundred bucks. I want to be on the well riding it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I can hardly see the peg from here, exactly what.
Speaker 2: It looks like A wing as well. That's as close as we get to the wells.
Speaker 3: Well that explains the photo you sent me.
Speaker 2: Well, you're amazing, I mean, David ATWRAS people have called. I mean, I'm going to put the photo up on our Facebook page. I mean, describe it. It looks like a.
Speaker 4: Log on the ocean.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what I was looking at.
Speaker 4: Well, so it's a humpback well word for it. I've seen them.
Speaker 2: I've been there two hours to get the four hour round trip, and obviously you don't want to scare the wells, you know what. It's awful what we've done to them, you know. And it's the largest population of humpback welles in the world Western Australia. It just starts. It's amazing. But I would have been even more macing to see the wels. You know, just set a bit of feedback, captain, don't tease us. It felt like to me if you went to the zoo and they went, oh no, the car park as close as you're.
Speaker 4: Going to get, so.
Speaker 2: Have a good old squint. You can see the giraffe, but you don't get any closer. Don't scare the giraffes. Okay, So on another morning about holiday.
Speaker 4: Day trips that you've been on.
Speaker 2: God us up the sword because you do.
Speaker 4: When you go on holiday, you want to go on a day trip is what you want to do.
Speaker 2: So let's send to this morning about day trips holiday day trips you've been on nine four one one four to three. Give us a call this morning. It's a tears affairs. It's coming up four thirteen minutes past seven.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Tears affairs on God one oh four point three. Come on, it's the Christian O'Connor breakfast Show. I've been a top weekend. You head onto our Facebook page. Oh see one oh four to three. You'll see these crap holiday photo of the wells in the distance on this day trip and up in. I have to say, if you can go to Broome and do goes, it's beautiful. You should go on the trip. It's an incredible thing to do. However, that you need to see these photos, you will have a guarantee on your phone some crap holiday photos no matter how great. Wherever you are with you're in the Grand Canyon, you'll take a photo and you think I'll delete that later on someone's in the background, someone's photo bombed it. I guaranteed if you look through your phone you'll have some crap holiday photos like mine. Share them up on our Facebook page if you want today O see one for three.
Speaker 3: The thing I love best about yours is it means an arrow to point where the whale is. If it's just a photo on and someone you can't really tell, just looks like a dark bit of water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perhaps you must have been on some holidays with your daughter on that, or you've been on any day trips.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we went were staying on Hamilton Island and we thought, oh, we've got to go out to the RAF. It was before she was born actually, so you'd think it's like a half hour trip right on the boat. It's three hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done that. It's amazing.
Speaker 9: Then it was horrific and it was only about I think fifteen knots. That's not a lot. I'm not a seafarer. I don't know. But I was so sick, so sick, And then we finally got there and Chris was snorkling around. I was just too sick. I actually paid six hundred bucks to get a chopper back. No, to the mate, I was so sick.
Speaker 4: So you got seasick?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you go out. It's a pontoon because it's the middle of no And I saw the chopper there.
Speaker 3: And like a surf rescue chopper.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, it's just a chop. I think it's a sight seeing chopper and you can get it back.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that that was an option that you can go. So you didn't even go snork.
Speaker 9: No, I was so sick.
Speaker 2: I've never been great wonders in the world.
Speaker 4: You're like, no, had he got to get me out of here back?
Speaker 3: That's how bad it was.
Speaker 9: And one of the crew could say how sick I was, and he said, you know that chopper goes back to Hamilton. And I said how much is it? And he said six or seven hundred bucks it was. And I said to Chris, I don't care. Get the credit card out.
Speaker 2: And it didn't. You do the tap thing out. Then you're holding it, holding it up to the horizon. So I take your money.
Speaker 9: I really wanted to, but I was just too ill. There was no way in the world.
Speaker 3: How does even land or do you have does it send down a winch to pull you.
Speaker 9: No, no, it's actually on a floating pontoons. So they take you out in a dinghy and I've got my head over the side, vomiting the whole way and getting the chopper and off I guys, and.
Speaker 3: This Chris have to come back on the boat or he's got the old.
Speaker 9: Came in the chopper as well. Yet I nearly had to be midivacked out of there.
Speaker 3: You had to pay his way as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's worth every cent, worth every cent, believe me.
Speaker 2: All right, we want to hear what happened on your holiday day trip this morning on nine four one four one.
Speaker 1: Of the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson remember the time talking about your holiday day trips and looking for your crap holiday photos like mine. He his squint at the photos I've just been on our Facebook page. I see one o four three. If you need to take my word first, you're looking at two humback whales. It's like an outtake of Blue Planet?
Speaker 3: Is it two whales or is it one? Just two parts of one way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. That's as close I go. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Apparently the captain told I'm looking at two.
Speaker 2: I take his word for it. Okay, why would you lie to me? And this is your holiday photos? Now?
Speaker 4: Bang, we could take it straight on our phones.
Speaker 2: Years ago, the big button holiday was waiting to get your photos developed. You probably don't remember that, my millennial friend, but you'd have to go and get your photos developed, and then a couple days later you've been looking through them. Half of them are rubbish. You'd have like your dad and would just have that red eye thing and you couldn't retake them. So now you can, like you know, you got I'm teen options straight away. We've got Mary Anne all the like you want to Mary Anne.
Speaker 11: Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Mary Ane. I hope you're well this morning as well. Tell me about your day trip, your holiday day trip.
Speaker 11: Okay, my daughter and I decided, well we were going to have a girl's trip to Bali, and this was late last year, so we were there for ten days. So we decided to go out to one of the islands that are just off Bali. So we took the ferry down there and it was fine. It was about a thirty minute boat trip, had a great day on the island, and as we were going back to catch the ferry to get back onto Bali, the weather started coming in and it was horrendous. They decided they were still across the straight right and the waves, honest to god, they were going over the boat. It were probably about fifty people on this ferry. We weren't actually given life jackets. They bring lockers overhead. My daughter and I were sitting there, so suddenly.
Speaker 2: You think you're on the Titanic. Were we going to make it off this thing?
Speaker 11: Well, that's what we were thinking for a minute. So I can tell you that now the waves were going over the boat. The people in the theory were bouncing up and down. I'm not getting you. People were fallen on the floor. With one girl, probably another Australian young girl, she was screaming ahead off. We didn't think we were going to Conel. They kept going and you know, my daughter was thinking to herself, well, who can I step over to get me mum off the boat, grab a life jacket and make it out of the boat if it starts sinking.
Speaker 2: This is incrediable.
Speaker 4: All the stuff going on on a day trip, you've paid for, what's going on in your mind.
Speaker 11: I'm thinking that's no way to kill myself.
Speaker 4: Quite right, very only quite right?
Speaker 2: And did they did the thing at the end of the trip right? You know where they stand there going You don't have to leave a tip, but if you want to put an you're like, do one, mate, there's my tip.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connal breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Is it a nothing but a good time? I'm good morning.
Speaker 4: It's to Christian, I call a breakfast show.
Speaker 2: It's Gold one o four point three. So obviously big thing for US Pommies is the World Cup and Pats has mentioned in the Sports news this morning.
Speaker 4: You know we are through to the semi final. This is a big deal for us.
Speaker 2: It's only our third semifinal ever in my lifetime, only our second one. Last one was in nineteen ninety That semi final ended at heartbreak because they normally do with England, with US losing in penalties to Germany, and so this is a really big deal. There's a heat wave in England at the moment.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. At least you're keeping a lid on it. I mean, you guys are acting like you won the whole band, don't the street party's going on.
Speaker 4: It's like we've landed on the moon and it's incredible. You know, I keep seeing all my friends are sending me videos.
Speaker 2: It's guys, we've got another game and then the gonna win that and then get to the final.
Speaker 4: But this is such a big deal to us, and obviously I'm so removed from it.
Speaker 2: I'm over here. I've chosen to live here and know if you start a new life, my wife and kids over here and coming this morning and the team kindly go, hey, listen, it's great news about you know, your soccer World Cup England or through. The next game is Thursday morning, four am. There's a we found a bar that's showing it. We've booked a table and even if you've got extra time, we're going to speak to engineering. Maybe you and Jack can go down watch the game. And I think this is already nice. But I don't think you really care. And I don't mean that like you know, you feel sorry for Mat. I get it.
Speaker 4: You don't care Australian art in the World Cup anymore.
Speaker 2: Your sport loving sport mad nation nowhere more so than this city. But you don't really care about England, and so I'm thinking the last thing you want to do is hear me going on about it Thursday morning, being upset if we lose or if we win, going about how we're going through to the World Cup Final.
Speaker 3: Now I'm trying to take more of an interest in it because I you know, I feel like I'm here showing you around Melbourne, being your guide, and I thought.
Speaker 2: The less that has that gone by the way, I mean, you show me one restaurant.
Speaker 4: And a photo booth.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, Chrev adviser, thank.
Speaker 3: You, But I've decided to barrack from here on out for England in the World Cup. And if we were working.
Speaker 4: Together, would you've done that?
Speaker 2: You kindly, you know, you put yourself to bed then got up at midnight to watch the game at the weekend and Saturday, which is great, thank you, but would you would have done that?
Speaker 3: My grandfather on my mother's side does have English heritage, So I guess that's where I draw my next line for all the teams that are remaining in the World Cup. I have some slice of English blood in me.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what I do break is the fact that you're not cheering on Croatia how we play against because in Scotland part of United Kingdom, but its own independent country, great country, the whole nation have decided to support Croatia, hoping that they beat us and kick us out the tournament, because Scotland are very bitter and upset that they haven't been anywhere near a World Cup in a long time, or any vegetables if you've ever been there as well.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'll tell you why England is unlikable as a football team. This whole chant of it's coming home, it's coming home. I've not said that you're like England's. So we'll explain what it's coming home is.
Speaker 2: It's a line from a song about the World Cup, a great song about England and just how unlucky we've been in all the World Cups, but for one that we won it once in sixty six solves it's coming home, you know, means coming home.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't mean it's coming home like we invented.
Speaker 2: Socker like when yes, because we did.
Speaker 3: It's got that feeling like we invented this. It's coming home. And then I don't know why the rest of you guys are even trying to play this this is ours go away, so it makes it. It's a very unlikable trait I find.
Speaker 2: Show twenty one The vanir Chops turns out you don't you don't like me?
Speaker 3: No, I like you?
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 4: You don't like the song It's coming Home.
Speaker 3: I don't like the chant, right, okay, and it's actually making That's the only thing I'm finding a herdle with going for England is that chant.
Speaker 2: All right, here is my question to you right now, do you care about England and the Soccer World Cup. I'm guessing you don't, and that's fair enough, but please be honest with.
Speaker 4: Me this morning.
Speaker 2: Give me a call nine four one four one oh four three. I totally understand if you're going to call up and go no, don't really care. It's AFL good luck to England, but don't give a giants rats ass, okay? Nine four one four one oh four three. Give it a call to say, do you care about England and the World Cup?
Speaker 4: Let me know.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Sabesh Mode just go and get enough on Gold one oh four point three. Good Morning's to Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Now spoiler, I'm a pomme so obviously, the fact that England are into only our third of a semi final at the World Cup, you know, pretty exciting for us. Back in England, thirty one million people watch the game Saturday night. That quarter final against Sweden, thirty one million people watched it. This is incredible. But over here I appreciate it's Australian on in the tournament. You don't really care. And until I know we have got planned for Thursday's breakfast show. Before the breakfast show four am, do you want to join us in a pub? I've been hon a re even supporter, but I'm thinking you're not going to do that. You don't really care. I didn't even really want to do it. You suggested it last week, you suggested it. She felt sorry for me because I'm lonely.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it would be a fun thing for you to do with some like I don't know listeners who are interested in it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm happy to come along, of course, help me. Just check in with producer Becks taking your calls this morning. She's got a little bit of a colds. She's not really welcome on in Becks, good morning. Still not mend of that microphone? Good stuff? Bex?
Speaker 4: Do you do you don't care?
Speaker 2: Do you? No? I don't.
Speaker 11: I really don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 4: No, of course you don't.
Speaker 3: Bex was you're not allowed to touch your ball you try and kick it in the goal.
Speaker 2: It's as that. But to be fair, Bex was raised I think by wolves. She wasn't allowed you that kid at every school had the kid who was allowed a TV. It's not that she didn't have a TV. Okay, so no wonder that it must actually verify her. You know, she sees a bit running around. They're kicking it so that it's not afl they're.
Speaker 3: So small and how did they get in the bar?
Speaker 2: I know every day here we've got TV screens the studios. Have you seen she hits them with a stick because she's terrified? Is that the devil in there? You know? Absolutely terrifying to so I don't know why we asked, but anyway, get well soon, Angela, good morning, good morning. How are you pretty good? Angela? Just be honest with me. Do you care about England and the World Cup? Well?
Speaker 6: Probably not England.
Speaker 10: Her Stale though, I am glad for you.
Speaker 11: But anyone who doesn't understand that the World Cup is on literally must have this stand.
Speaker 13: They're hitting the stand.
Speaker 10: It is called the world game for a reason. The hum, the changing, the skill, let alone the players.
Speaker 11: That you watch on the screen. It's one of the best sports ever.
Speaker 10: I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: It's great here, all right. It's been a well, it's a very open tournament actually at the moment, and you've got France and Belgium and in the other semi finn as well. The last World Cup four years ago, three point two billion people watch the final, is he I would have been one of them.
Speaker 6: I would have been one of them, and my whole family would have been one of them as well.
Speaker 2: So yes, it is a great sport and you well will be upset, I understand.
Speaker 10: I think. Look, Belgium would be I'd love it if Belgium would win.
Speaker 8: I would love it purely because my boys want Belgium to win. So that's why I'm on the band. Megan, listen, tell me this, well, last.
Speaker 2: Question, why do you boys want Belgium to win? They love Belgium chocolate.
Speaker 8: What does that do well?
Speaker 6: Because there's quite a few Chelsea players within the Belgium.
Speaker 11: I really love Chelsea.
Speaker 10: That's the connection and.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the corner and the honestick. You have a good week. Good luck on Tuesday. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Alone and us, yes.
Speaker 2: Hi Avansa and tell me then Ingland woke up? Do you care?
Speaker 6: I care, but I care about Croatia.
Speaker 7: You guys are going down.
Speaker 6: Whoa.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've heard the news. It's coming home.
Speaker 7: I don't know about your home.
Speaker 2: But going back to I think well, I tell you what to be fair. Croatia a very good team, your underrated team, and that is going to be English's biggest test this week is against you guys. So I wish you all the best. Okay, I wish sure the best two.
Speaker 11: Let's hope it's not a penalty shootout, but if it else, you.
Speaker 2: Know, if you saw the last one we've got Jordan Pickford, we will win. But good luck, good luck Thursday.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, let's it's give me going on for one of us.
Speaker 2: Let's just leave it.
Speaker 4: Good luck, it's coming home.
Speaker 2: Check the news. Okay, I've spoken to football. It's told me to tell you it's coming home. Breakfast show one four point three. Hey, good morning. It's a Christian O'Conor gold one o four point three with a jab furniture. So we were on a break last week and I went to Broom. I'm supposed to going to Barn and actually thenk we've got a better deal. We ended up going to Broom and never been there before, never been over to Western Australia. Incredible, beautiful, beautiful place. It was stunning and obviously as tourists.
Speaker 4: We did a day trip.
Speaker 2: Spoke about earlier. It went well watching and on the boat it's like a two hour boat trip to get to where the humpback wells are. They were serving drinks and one of the crew said to me, to you and your kids, you want to drink and I was like yeah, okay, and the kids. So my youngest daughter, Lois, who's eleven, wanted a ginger beer, so I was like, yeah, no problem. They turned up with the drinks and then about five minutes I go to a stagger through the boat to go to the toilet and this woman compliments me on being what she described as a laid back dad.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And then I think she must have seen me you know how I am with the kids, and I'm just enjoying the compliment. Then she goes, don't mind them drinking.
Speaker 4: Then I'm like, that's ginger beer.
Speaker 2: She goes, Then she told me that the matso ginger beer was actually beer that was ginger flavoring. I'm like what, And of course, by leven or Lois, she's not saying anything. She's already necked half the beer. She's eleven years of age.
Speaker 3: What percentage is it? It's about four percent of a proper beer.
Speaker 2: It's a proper beer. It's not a sippy cup running down the boat going that's got that's a beer.
Speaker 4: I thought it was tasted really sweet. Yeah, it said, actually your first drink, that's beer. She like it, she loved it.
Speaker 2: She then you know, she was in her mind. She's a little bit tipsy. She's looking for a kebab shop out there. You know, anyone who's had a couple of beers, So, I think we all she's had a formative experience. We all remember our first illicit taste of alcohol. It is a formative moment. It should not be at the age of eleven, Okay, it really shouldn't. However, you do remember the first time you had alcohol? Can you remember yours?
Speaker 3: Well, my dad had already learned his lesson by the time I was hitting my early teens. Like Lois. He took my cousin out to a football game when my cousin was fifteen, and he said, what do you want to drink? My cousin paused to go like, oh, do I want to spride or a coke? And he goes, you probably want a beer, don't you. So you got my cousin who was fifteen bis when he was looking up.
Speaker 2: That's what a great uncle.
Speaker 4: That's a proper job for an uncle.
Speaker 3: To do, to do something that's untill he got home that my mum said, you know you're not You don't give a fifteen year old kid beer, Pats.
Speaker 4: Can you remember the first time you ever had alcohol?
Speaker 3: I used to do.
Speaker 9: You're going to be horrified by this. I was four and Mum used to keep her cooking sherry in a cupboard true story, under the bench, and I used to get out of bed. I think I might have had a problem get out of bed at night when the Don Lane Show was on and Mum and Day were busy in the lounge watching that and I'd have a little sippy sip of sherry.
Speaker 3: Of sherry.
Speaker 2: That's incredible, I get.
Speaker 3: I guess, of all things under the kitchen sink, like people worry about drinking poison chemicals and just question liquid, the sherry is probably the best thing.
Speaker 2: Unless they were using the sherry to clean I don't know. Remember that we use it as a disinfected under the sinker.
Speaker 4: What's it meant for you? That's incredible because that has a really sweet drink as well.
Speaker 2: Sherry.
Speaker 9: Mum was horrified when I told her when I was about twenty.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: How much of the bottle do you think went to cooking? And how much went to you?
Speaker 9: Not a lot to cooking, I can tell you.
Speaker 2: All right. So there's this morning.
Speaker 4: When did you first have your taste of alcohol?
Speaker 2: How old were you?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: N one four three nine one four three? Give us a cool this morning on Gold one I four point three coome morning, it's fourteen minutes past eight.
Speaker 1: It's Robbie Williams, the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Robbie Williams, Let me entertain you on Old one four point three. Good morning to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Hope you're well this morning. I've had a great weekend. So I accidentally last week and my break went up to broom accidentally gave my leve year old daughter he first beer. If you just tune yourn what is going on? It really was an accident. I ordered her a ginger beer. I didn't realize it actually was beer. Yeah, he's a cowd on the phrasing Matt so okay, and she did love it. By the way, now, because there are the times we live in our sweaty, nervous producer Nick be As during that song said to me, my, can you just remind people to drink responsibly?
Speaker 4: Yes, anyone's listening.
Speaker 2: He's a bit confused. Might be some you know, they might have some kids. The kids are off at the moment. They're listening to this, you know, and they're thinking, listen, when I go back to school, Mum could just stuck in a maybe chuck in a little carton draft in a lunch box, just to just to help me fail something during the day at school. Give me a little buzz at lunch time. Can't do that, kids, okay, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Not no, but responsible one drink per child per day.
Speaker 2: You've got it, or just share it around you in the lunch break. No, okay, producer sweating again, Kimberly, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm really good, Kimberly. So, how old were you when you had your first taste of alcohol.
Speaker 13: I'm pretty sure about fourteen and it was me aout marindular and my dad. I think it was trying to be the responsible parent, thinking I was going to go with some friends and have drinks, so he brought me a couple of one of cruisers, the watermelon flavor, and I didn't I think that was just like moly water. But I mean it was kind of being a responsible parent.
Speaker 6: So I have to stay back at the.
Speaker 13: Camp with them and drink.
Speaker 3: So it's like a better the devil, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look in France that give kids wine from about the age of eight or nine, just a little bit so it doesn't become this illicit thing which you then go berserk for. Kimberly.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm sorry, just getting attention.
Speaker 2: What are you up to right now? I know women like to multis We get the feeling on pack in the shopping or what are you doing cutting someone's hands?
Speaker 13: Actually, well, I'm actually on my way to work.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 6: I'm again sounds.
Speaker 2: Getting on the equipment now ah, thank you very much, your cool Olivia.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning Christians.
Speaker 2: Good morning Olivia. And how do you when you first study your taste of booze? Well?
Speaker 12: I was actually in France, finally enough, when I was about fourteen. My mom and I were on a holiday and my aunt lived there, and she drove us through the Champagne region. So we went winery and and my mom because I really had no interest in drinking it until that point, but my mom was like, when you have somewhere here, and so I had my half a glass and that was so delicious that I was kind of his mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Rome, that's it went. In France. I mean to have wine on the kids menu in France.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly so. And then after that and every family.
Speaker 2: Function, always try and think, Olivia's got really fancy all of a sudden, now demanding champagne at all. Family you get together. That's great, Olivia, Thank you very much. Kicking the calls coming then nine four.
Speaker 1: One four one four Christian O'Connell breakfast show on gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Take on me. I'm god one a four point three. Good morning, Christian, I call a breakfast show, uh two this morning? Then when you first had your taste of alcohol Marcus, good morning?
Speaker 7: Here you go.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good Marcus. I hope you're will too. So how old are you? What happened?
Speaker 7: I was about I'd say thirday, not roughly. Maybe an uncle and a cousin went away camping down at Saseball, which is on the nine mile beach, and long story, Sure we'll packing up whatnot? Had a one two five leader la ice bottle holder and he puts some while turkey in it. Not Wow, I've gone hey, I grabbed that. I'd a bit thirsty. He needed a drink. He goes, yeah, sure, we're worries. Well, let's just say halfway home. I was on the not.
Speaker 2: Over all right, Marcus, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Sure you're cool. And we've got Vicky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, Christian? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm very well? Vicky? How are you well? This one? Then?
Speaker 4: So what's your story?
Speaker 2: How old were you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: It wasn't me, it was my son. He was eight to twelve months old.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 6: There we used my husband's baseball club. After the game, we'd all be sitting up having a drink at the bar and a friend of our dust to nurse him quite often up at the bar, and my son used to take his own dummy out of his mouth, dump it in his pot of beer and put it back from his mouth.
Speaker 2: Again do you know what, Vicky, years ago, many many many years ago, where then they didn't know as much like we do now, so more responsible parents. This used to be a thing when babies, when they were teating, they would dip the dummy and whiskey that good hot toddy. Basically give the baby boos, ump it not off to sleep.
Speaker 6: Yes you know he himself take it out and go and get in And if you moved the pot of beer away.
Speaker 2: He would get quick, gave it punchy.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oasis done, Buck and anger, Good morning has gone one a four point three, So Christian o'connall Breakfast Show. So Jack has got the big responsibility of house sitting at the moment. Obviously we were off last week. Whilst I went to broom, you went to Andy Lee's place. It's like Bruce Wayne's mansion, his lair, and you are you and your wife are there?
Speaker 3: Yep, we're looking after Bruce Wayne's fish.
Speaker 2: Are you sleeping in his bed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well he he took a photo of the bed all made up, and it was part of his introductory to the house. So he took a photo like where the remotes are, and one of them was the bed. We slept in his bed even though he's got a second bedroom.
Speaker 2: You should be in the second bedroom. And we had someone else sitting looking off the dog last week, sleeping one like you know, in the gas bedroom, not not in his bed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I've already done it for nights, so we're not going to change now.
Speaker 2: I remember those days.
Speaker 4: It's like a CSI scene in there. Is it too much?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: So notice that you're wearing his clothes today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't pack enough jumpers or over garments.
Speaker 4: Just you can at myself to his clothes.
Speaker 3: But I guess I'm like, I mean, I live in Melbourne, so I could just go home and get another one. But I liked the idea if we're in a new jumper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, but you don't just help yourself I've texted her and waiting till he wakes up over them all do so.
Speaker 4: No, No, Jackson County Place is wearing your clothes.
Speaker 3: It's the other worst thing I've done though. I we left the front door opened the other night overnight.
Speaker 2: You're drunk. How did you do that?
Speaker 3: It doesn't close really well, so it's one of those doors that it makes a closing sound, but then it can bounce off. So if you're not perceptive, it might have bounced off the hatch and then come back if you're.
Speaker 2: Not perceive is a key marker.
Speaker 4: Perception whether or not a front door is shut or up.
Speaker 3: So after we'd gone to bed, we heard it and knock on the door and someone yell out hey, and we thought we thought we were just hearing them through the door, and Bianca started getting scared, like a home invasion movie, you know, we were sort of starting to worry. And then only fifteen minutes after that, someone knocked on the door and said, hey, doors open.
Speaker 4: It's hang in a minute. Your poor wife is fright. It's a home invasion.
Speaker 2: You do nothing, and then fifteen minutes later the voice goes hey. You wait until the voice says hey, doors them and you did you go to investigate?
Speaker 3: Well I had. I had to be the one to investigate after the guy yelled out, hey doors because I didn't know if he came in or left. Turns out he did, but I had to go downstairs.
Speaker 2: It was most in the world to look after your house. Good Andy with that goldfish, I get them a pet shop to them buy another one. It's bound to die, but time and Andy gets back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show on gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three case seeing a Sunshine ban and God won a four point three. I was just telling chat you may or may not know this. I bet you probably don't know this, but last week something incredible happened in this great country. You finally had your own national space agency. I mean even now that you didn't have one, I didn't know, so I was reading about it last week on holiday. I was reading this newspaper. Made me laugh because the Australia is one of the few countries in the world that doesn't have its own space agency, and Nigeria has one. I don't know what they do with it. New Zealand's got one. Australia only started or some first of July last week the Australian Space Agency. Now, the very idea of a Australians up in space. I don't know why makes me so happy. I mean we've only had you know, I'm a pummey and we've only had one brick. You might see him, Tim, you know the guy they set up there on the Space Agency and all they let him do, some British astronaut space man. All they let him do is grow some cress you know that he had to do at school. That's all they let him do it. And then fix the toilets, that's all he did. He was like a plumber. The idea ossis up in space is amazing. I mean, I know much you love sport, Jim. There is that classic story about them firing the golf ball off off the on the planet of the surface of the Moon. Oh yeah, they are you guys to take an AFL ball up there?
Speaker 4: Who for now around?
Speaker 2: I'm ready? Yeah.
Speaker 3: So from for the next four years, Australia is going to put in twenty six million dollars into the space program, which doesn't sound like.
Speaker 2: A world can it?
Speaker 11: Get you?
Speaker 2: You have to put billions into it.
Speaker 3: The average price or the average cost of launching a space shuttle is one point five million billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Twenty five million gonna get I mean, what part of the spaceship is that going to fund? As well? And also fix the broadband down here first of all? Then where I were up there in the moon?
Speaker 1: Okay, the Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Grain news everyone. Australia finally has its Space Agency. The ASA launched last week the first of July. Average cost of launching a space.
Speaker 3: Ship one point five billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, the government got it.
Speaker 2: They're going to chip in twenty five million what's not even half a tank.
Speaker 3: Of fuel over the next four years as well. So I've just looked up the Space Agency on Google Maps just to see, you know what kind of huge building they've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your kind of like, you know, Houston, we have a problem Cape Canaveral.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just got its own offices within an existing office building in Canberra.
Speaker 4: Actually, I reckon they having got their own floor.
Speaker 3: They've just got a desk, just they've even got a phone laminated a sheet on the front of the door.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Best of black to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, well they're going to need it if you're only going to build a space rocket for twenty five million. Okay. So with all this news, then that the ASA is here, the Australian Space Agency. We're looking today the at work time Wastiff. You to still get involved with the breakfast show because we run until ten am. Is to make a sci fi movie Australian. So take a classic sci fi movie, make it Australian. I've got Close Encounters of the Tasmanian Kind. I've got out Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: This is a sci fi movie because they're time traveling.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Obviously you have got Solo at the moment. I've got Hans Bottlo, thank you, and the Umpire strikes back.
Speaker 3: I've got Audians of the Glen Fairy, Thanks Pat. Yeah, Planet of the Mates ma, that's good. And uh Donny Droungo Trongo is like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it wasn't sure. My confusion wasn't because I didn't get it.
Speaker 4: No, that funny.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you're Jack will mart them gold, silver, bronze and anything in between you comes up with send him in now. Then you can text us yours to make a sci fi movie. You're straining text us on Oh four seven five O three one O four three, really easy text number to remember. Oh fall seven five three one O four three. Oh fall seven five three one O four three some of the better ones. Wowie, what prizes? Yes, Dorothy, you can go to Kansas. We've got tickets to send you to go and see The Wizard of Oz now playing the Regent Theaters, closed July the twenty ninth. I love it when they say stuff like that. That must clothes you. Hey, listen, munchkins, I don't want to see any of you on the thirtieth. Okay, we've spoken about this. Pack everything up and get out on the twenty ninth. Okay, we've got lay miss waiting in the wigs, k Munchkins, Okay, easy on the grog as well, your little fellers. It goes to your head a lot quicker.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Segway works, and CC Pedictine right into Star Wars nineteen twenty three is Monday morning. What are you gonna do about it? Coome on. It's the Christian O'Connor break for Sean Gold one O four point three OSSI's in space launched last week the National Australian Space Agency.
Speaker 3: Careful with the word launch. It makes it sound like we sent something into space. We didn't.
Speaker 2: There's nothing going into space anytime soon with any Australians.
Speaker 4: I mean, how can you get you into space?
Speaker 2: I don't know? All right, So today's that work time waste is take a sci fi movie, make it Australium. Are you ready to mark these?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 3: Gold, silver, bronze ready the Chunderbirds. That's right, that's gold.
Speaker 2: Would you call the Thunderbirds a sci fi movie?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, they're going in the space. They go in the space.
Speaker 2: They're going to space. Okay, all right. That's from riddles Creek and Lackey. I do like this independence Davo Gold that's from Scott Christian. What about I love the star Trackie Dacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 4: Silver plus there you go, a silver puss for Laura.
Speaker 2: Not a thing but called the jacket is chips chips with gravety gravity. Yeah. Bronze plus that's from Emmy, Emma and Zoe in High three Men and a stubby yep.
Speaker 4: That well known sci fi movie Three Men in a Baby?
Speaker 11: What is that with you?
Speaker 2: And in Hampton Park? You think it's a sci fi movie?
Speaker 3: Still gets points for being funny.
Speaker 2: Silver right about that Time Traveler Steve Gooden two thousand and one, A space Ossie good Silver Gabby The mate Rick, that's this is my favorite one. I had to read it a couple of times. Literally, I was like, the mate a right, the matrix right, the mate Rick. Yeah, I can have a gold Yep, that's very good. Return of the Ski Scott and Werribee.
Speaker 3: Return of the Jedi yep, no, no, no, no, did not finish?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Guardians of the Gala see yeah, Bronze and Star Wars Staff Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like for maybe that's an Australian thing to say. For Bronze, what did you mean?
Speaker 2: So? I know what the floor fo? It is like an old fashioned word which wouldn't be acceptable now for it. If you saw someone who is attractive, you know there's old carry on movies you might go, but you certainly wouldn't say that now in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: It's not right.
Speaker 3: What's a carry on movie?
Speaker 2: Oh my? Where do I begin they used to make these movies. These British comedy movies in the seventies do not age very well now terrible movies but in a different time and place, finding movies if you find bra bras exploding and being pinged. They made a whole career out of those. But anyway they used to get The point is I know what the fuar is. You do as well?
Speaker 3: Okay, still get the brunt ah the way.
Speaker 2: On the subject of oh, do you think it's someone's job? At the World Cup, they seem to have a lot of the old pervs camera men, aren't they just to go? Someone must be just on one camera like looking for attractive women. It must be, it must be so so please let me have a go. This game is Sweden. There's loads of hot babes. Wait, it's just someone's job to like zoom in on attractive ladies every game. There's some perth cam where it's like flour here we go on the floor cam. Anyway, we've gone off one, let's get back to do the ads. Look.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show. On God one O four point three. Something that I think that I've got you into now is the genius, the ease. Don't worry about texting people, just leave them a I guess the people call it an audio voice note. I started to do this now I've been doing it for a couple of months so too my parents. They hate it, but I still do it. I do it to you where I'll leave you. You know when your phone can send a voice note. You can do it WhatsApp. It's a great way to chat.
Speaker 3: You introduced me to it, and now I find I do it with my wife, with my friends as well.
Speaker 2: It's easy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't text anymore now.
Speaker 4: Don't need to, Honestly, it's the way forward people.
Speaker 2: So anyway, look, just to give you an idea of what you can do with it, let's go back to midnight Saturday. So a couple of things. Obviously, I'm staying up to watch the England quarter final against Sweden. Jack because he's unfortunately, due to career options, he's forced to work with me. Upon me, he has decided to do it as well. But you put yourself to bed beforehand.
Speaker 3: I had a nap before the game. Yeah, you know what if it actually, if I didn't promise you that I would watch the match, I probably would have heard that alarm go off at midnight and just turn it off and slip through. But I did get up.
Speaker 2: You should also know that Jack's wife, Bianca, she is she's of Colombian descent.
Speaker 3: Well, she's South American. She's from Venezuela, she grew up so their next door neighbor is Venezuela. Never competes at the World Cup. So in England's last match against Columbia, she was supporting Columbia.
Speaker 2: You might be thinking, why all this side story, these messages. You can tell one of us as they go on, the game goes on, is drinking a little bit more and the end it's mumbling not about the game anyway, Let's play it back. It's what happened is.
Speaker 3: Over the course of the ninety minutes of the game.
Speaker 5: Hello, Christian, I'm awake, feeling good. Sound like let's go three lines. This is a good sign, buddy, Thank you for support. It's coming for hey, b anchor, Taxi for Columbia. I want to drink, have you here Taxi for Columbia myself?
Speaker 3: Okay, you've gone mad, sir, You've gone mad.
Speaker 2: Eat is Sweden another goal?
Speaker 4: So far, so good, so England.
Speaker 5: Like Colombe, the English coach looks like one of the masters out of the Handmaid's Tale.
Speaker 2: I like that, yeah he does. Another fact that the commentator is really excited, the fact that it's more than one Harry in this England lineup.
Speaker 3: My brother's name is Harry.
Speaker 2: I was just making a really good chip sandwich. I never forgot it was so good, mate. I really really think I'm like a lo called Phelps of chip sandwiches.
Speaker 3: I look forward to trying that sandwich.
Speaker 2: This thing had mayonnaise, chilies, the game, hot melted cheese atual chips, cheese known in flavor. Oh god, it was good. And that was one am sandwich, just alone, just me and the dog and me just using cooking stuff, mumbling into a phone, slurring into a phone, making a chip sandwich. Do you not think I think we were a good idea? Right? If phones had a breathalyzer, you know where if you want to start using social media, you're blowing the phone. It locks you out and go, hey, listen, go to bed. Don't be using your phone now. That is what hearing that slurring mess at the end.
Speaker 3: Or when I received the message. It also says underneath Christian is currently point zero six.
Speaker 2: There's one message which will play tomorrow that Jack left me that you didn't forward on, but I've got of when England scored the first goal, obviously I'm you know, jumping off the count screaming Jack's equivalent of that. It's the lowest wattage celebration you've ever heard with your ears play for you tomorrow, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got an exciting day ahead of me. Yesterday going to look at a second hound sofa, which my wife thought was too hard, and we're just.
Speaker 4: Had to lie to some strangers today.
Speaker 3: Go, no, you're not. You're not to bed today, second Burnish store, sir.
Speaker 2: Going to see someone's second and bed an actress.
Speaker 3: You don't do secondhand metro to.
Speaker 2: Try out the mattress as well as some stranger goes, do you mind if I lye on it? And you lie there and go, oh oh, so what if my wife doesn't like this is too hard or something? And then we're starting to get people going to be talking about us on Facebook marketplace? Have you seen that he has anyone heard about these pommies that have come around trying our stuff out and they're not It's not good enough for them in their fancy ways. Anyway, that's today ahead.
Speaker 3: For me at least. If the billboards in bust up posters don't work, you'll eventually meet everybody face and face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're selling stuff right now, chances on by the end of the year, I'll be round at yours to try it out. Okay, So title today's show is I've forgotten what do we say was going to be? Okay, Yeah, that's the time Today's show be it with ginger Whippies coming up next. It's not Whippy, it's Huggy. No, Huggy will hate that. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no one puts Huggy in the corner.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no no no, it's already furious that you took it.
Speaker 2: N I didn't. I've given that guy an hour off every day to do something good for himself. Okay, huck, he's coming up next. We all know that.
Speaker 4: Howgy knows that? Okay, why would you say that Whippy's coming Up next
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three