Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Concer podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, Welcome back to the potty.
Speaker 2: In today's episode, I'm answering your quick fire questions about journaling. Journaling has honestly changed my life. It helps me get clear, manifest my desires, and unpack anything that I am currently processing. I also just find it super handy to get my thoughts and problems down on paper because it feels like it really has no power of me. Once I can look at it and I can unpack it and read it it. Honestly, it has been one of the most life changing tools and that's why I'm so passionate about it.
Speaker 1: So today we are.
Speaker 2: Chatting is journally important, the best ways to journal, how to fit journaling into your routine, how to embody what you're writing, and the best way to journal for manifestation guys. Just a reminder our life happens for me. Manifesting Journals are launching tonight at five pm Australian Eastern Standard time. If you're listening in real time.
Speaker 1: And they're bringing a friend along, so that a good friend, it's a really good friend.
Speaker 2: It's really it's a best friend, guys. The Manifesting with Momentum Masterclass is also launching, and basically I just felt really cooled to create this masterclass because we've had a lot of conversations in the office and if you guys know the project, my signature manifesting course, it's seven weeks long. We've had thousands of women do it.
Speaker 1: It is so incredible. We have the most amazing testimonials. And something that I've chatted to the girls about in the office is how in the course, I give you my ten step formula to manifesting, and I also give that to you in the Life Happens for Me journals. But I explained to the girls, like, I don't sit there and write down the ten steps anymore because there's gotten to a point in my manifesting journey where I am able to basically collapse time and integrate my manifesting formula. So it just feels second nature and I'm able to like manifest things twenty four to seven. And they were all like, you need to do a teaching on this, because I sit there every time I'm doing that, you like, help us please, And I was like, all right, let's do it. And I it's so since I sat down to work on this master class, I am just like, I'm obsessed with the process of co creating with something that is not you and being able to attract things in your life and being able to share this with you guys, because it has transformed my life. Is changed my life, and it's really interesting because I was telling a.
Speaker 2: Tear off air, Like I did a post the other day about for my parents' sixtieth it.
Speaker 1: Was so cute, so cute, So.
Speaker 2: I fully organized and paid for their accommodation in New Zealand and all of like our dinners and everything in New Zealand, and then I surprised mom and Dad with a private chef experience.
Speaker 1: For their sixtieth and it was so special and such like.
Speaker 2: A core memory for me because my parents absolutely did everything for me growing up and gave me so much love and so much support, and they literally the best people and even though though maybe didn't give me the greatest money beliefs, which I described in the post, because it's funny. My mum literally said on that trip, she finds it so funny that people think I came from like a rich family or I've just like been given things, because she's like, we have such a scarcity mindset with money and they're so frugal and I'm like, obviously so different now, yeah, but that's what I grew up with, so she just she thinks it's like really hilarious. And that's kind of what I'm saying in the post of my favorite thing about being able to create this level of abundance and wealth is things like this, like being able to provide my parents with an experience they would never pay for themselves, and being able to, yeah, like just have experiences that you've you know, maybe always dreamed and wanted but never been able to have.
Speaker 1: And that's just my favorite part about manifestation.
Speaker 2: And that's what I said in the post of I used to have the same beliefs my parents did, and that's you know why.
Speaker 1: They have their certain reality. And I had to change those beliefs and I had to block myself on all the things of you know what I teach you guys about manifestation, and now I have a completely different reality. And it's so clear to me what can happen when you do change your internal belief system and how much it starts internally. Sometimes that's hard for people to comprehend or even be okay with. And so that's like.
Speaker 2: This is why I do the rise and Conquer side of things, because I'm like, no, no, no, you can like trust me, you can have it too, Like it gets to be so amazing. Anyway, that was a bit of a rent, But the master class is all about integrating your manifestation practice. So basically you can manifest faster, you can integrate things, and it become it can become second nature, so you're always attracting exactly what you want rather than manifesting feeling like I don't know, I feel what we've gathered from the RNC group is like people will be able to manifest something.
Speaker 1: But then it's like they full off the bandwagon and they're not able to consistently hold the habits and the practices and exactly.
Speaker 2: So that's what we're going through in this master class, which I am so excited about. And just an FYI because We've had a couple of questions about if I've done the project, is it the same thing. It is literally completely different in the way of I recorded the project literally two or three years ago, so think of like what I have learned and processed and been through since then. And that's you know, what you're getting in this masterclass. But also if you have never done the project or even never done manifesting, you're still going to find this so helpful because it's going to make sense to you like I've made sure so yes, that is all going live today at five pm. There is limited journals and limited spots. So if it sounds like something you're into, don't.
Speaker 1: Wait, get on it, on it before we get into it. Yes, weekly, Rex, what's yours? You're a person that I'll go. I was gonna say working out in the morning. Oh my god, are you working out in the morning? Tea? I went to gym at five thirty this morning, pilarates. How good is it? It's so good because it's like when I get to go home, I'm done, Like I don't have to worry about getting to the gym or anything. And it's sometimes for me like it's just so early because I had to get up at four but got to pilates at five point thirty, and I kind of forgot that I did it because it's like I'm half sleeping on I don't know. I don't know if that's just a me thing. But are you doing it close to your house? No? I did it at Hustle. Oh my god, what a vibe. I know, it was amazing. That's a vibe oft shit I've ever got to go stand on the beach after like it was. Yeah, this is why you work at the Gold Coast. I know. I can't believe make work out in the mornings.
Speaker 2: Like I, it is beyond me how you can work all day and then have the mental capacity and then go work out.
Speaker 1: Well that was the thing. It was always such a battle. Always. Now I get to just go home and chill, cook dinner. My life's changed. I really love this for you. I'm finally on the morning. How long have you been working here for the podcast? Because I've been preaching this for a very long time. I feel like Tim this time last year. Oh my fucking god, are you ready for this? Tim Goes. I know we're going on France. Yeah, but they want to know. Tim Goes, Oh my god, I'm reading this book and it's so or something. No, it's it's the Way of the Superior Man. Oh I look.
Speaker 2: So my coach was like Tim would love this book. Get him to read it. And I said it to him like six months ago.
Speaker 1: And then his coach was like, You've got to read this book. And I'm like, you realized that was the book I recommended to you six months ago. He's like, oh really, I'm like, oh, nothing annoys anymore, but sure, I'm gonna let you have this one. My recommendation. I am currently loving.
Speaker 2: I have a phone free zone when I get in bed. So I used to be like very good of getting off my phone at like seven seven thirty, but I would still get in bed, go on for a little bit, check my posts, and.
Speaker 1: Then get off it.
Speaker 2: But no, it's like, if I'm in bed, i cannot be on social media. That's like a hard rule for me right now. And it's so good. So I have been reading my kindle. Love that I have a kindle, by the way, That is my recommendation.
Speaker 1: But I've also got the book.
Speaker 2: Been reading books before bed, and the book that I have just finished is called Buy Back Your Time by Dan Martel, and it's basically how to utilize your time better as a business owner. Oh it's very interesting, very niche, very niche to me specifically, but look, if you want.
Speaker 1: To, Yeah, is it kind of like how to use people in your team and stuff to maximize your time? Oh no, yeah, kind of. It's more about letting go control, which was very helpful to me. Interesting because I struggle with that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that is. It's a very niche recommendation. But I have finished that, and I am currently reading another book that's really really good. But I just want to finish it and then I'll recommend it. Yeah, so look out for the next recommendation.
Speaker 1: All right, should we get into the episode. Yes, So our first question is how to get started. For anyone who hasn't journaled before and have no idea what to write, how much to write, and when to journal?
Speaker 2: Well, you bloody to get a Life Happens for Me journal. Literally answer all your questions in there.
Speaker 1: And that's doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it is why we created the Life Happens for Me journal because for me, journaling has been in practice that I have done, you know, for the last eight years, and it comes very naturally to me now, but in saying that, it never used to. So we created the Life Happens for Me Journal. So it's like, let's actually make this a happen. Let's make this routine, and in it we have you know, how do you start? We have a Dear Future Me letter, We go through a manifesting formula. We also have a prompt glossary. So that's something I always.
Speaker 1: Recommend for new journalis of just use prompts. It's going to really help you have a structure, it's going to help you have a process. And then you're going to transcend that process and you're going to just naturally journal. But I do find you need to start with something that is actually going to give you those deeps else And I think also a big thing with journaling is people can think there's a right and wrong way, Yeah, and there's not. It's really if you think about basically the point of journaling is it's a tool to either help you unpack something, help you work through something, assist in your manifestation practice, assist in your gratitude practice. It's a tool.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the big thing is like journaling isn't the end goal. Journaling is something you use to get the end goal. If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yes it does. So is it sort of more about when you're journaling, being clear, am I journaling right now to release? Am I journaling right now for manifestation? Am I journaling to unpack a trigger? And then using obviously a fitting method for each thing, because if you're journaling to release, you're not really going to need to look back at it much. It's more about getting it out of your body exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is you're not going to always journal for the exact same reason. So it might be a simple of I need to get these thoughts out of my head. I need to feel a release, so that's why your journal or yeah, like I need to manifest something, so I'm going to go through my manifestation process. And it's really journaling is just the most beautiful tool to connect to yourself.
Speaker 1: It is. That's what I use it for.
Speaker 2: Is really in those moments of how do I actually feel, how do I want to be?
Speaker 1: What do I want? You know, like all those things.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because I actually did a story the other day because I was doing some journaling on the beach, and I sat on the beach and I was like what do I want to journal about? And I just kind of like intuitively was like, okay, what's going to come to me? And obviously this again i'm longer in my journaling practice. Yeah, and for me in that moment, it was I actually just want to be clear on what's working and what's not.
Speaker 1: So I literally had two pages what's working, what's not.
Speaker 2: I went through relationships, I went through you know, my boundaries, business, friendships, all the things, and just like wrote some things and I then looked at.
Speaker 1: The paper and I was like, oh wow, this.
Speaker 2: Is really cool evidence or like okay, cool, Now I can use this to decide what's next. But a lot of people have all these thoughts and feelings in their head and they never get it down, so they can never make like intention with moving forward.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It does so that I would call that probably like refinement journaling. And I'm constantly refining because otherwise we're always going to change and evolve no matter what. Yeah, and I just like to be really intentional about that change.
Speaker 1: I love that because it's almost that thing of you'll be chatting to someone or thinking about something and you have this really great aha moment and then you forget it. Yes, but if you write it down, you'll, like I find even when I write things down, I don't really need to go back to look at it because I just remember it because I wrote it down.
Speaker 2: Yes, It's like it's almost like an integration process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit. What our next question is, how can you stay consistent with journaling? Well, this is the big thing, So I guess like it needs to become a habit for you, and habits are just what is important to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So is it more important to go on your phone and scroll on social media at night before you go to bed, or is it more important for you to get your mindset and mental health right before you go to bed? Do you mean and like actually asking it that way rather than oh, do I want to go on my phone or do I want to like journal and deciding that I I guess like for me, I have made things a habit and now it's just like I just do those things because I know that, you know, my future self is going to thank me, or it.
Speaker 1: Just feels good for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's about having discipline. No, we don't like that word having you know, discipline at the start so you can.
Speaker 1: See the results. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then you're like, oh, well, I know if I go on my phone and scroll, I'm going to get into this loop of comparison.
Speaker 1: I then have a really shitty sleep. I then wake up grumpy. I then have probably a shit day the next day. But then I also know if I sit here and I unpack things and I feel grateful and I get clear on my desires, I wake up feeling really good. But until you have that evidence, you're not going to pick the better option. If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So it's about being disciplined enough to be like, Okay, well i'm gonna set my alarm, I'm gonna journal, I'm gonna do this for a week straight, and then I'm gonna see how I feel. And usually you'll have so much evidence that it feels good that you will just choose that thing. And I think it's also just about bringing some consciousness into your routine.
Speaker 1: So are you just on this ever.
Speaker 2: Ending loop of just oh, I just jump in bed and I get on my phone because it's like what you do, it's just what I do, or and this is something you can do of like auditing your routine every moment, like go to pick up your phone and be like do I need to go on here? Am I messaging my boss? Or you know, am I doing this? Am I messaging? Am I looking at Ivy on the baby camera? Like what am I actually doing.
Speaker 1: On my phone?
Speaker 2: And being conscious about that rather than being this like it's kind of like you're a hamster on a wheel. So just bringing some awareness and consciousness into your routine and making the decision for your future self rather than that dopemin hit right now.
Speaker 1: I love that it's kind of like living your life and not watching other people live there. I know, I always I think about that all the time and also think, guys, is like I'm not saying social media is bad, Like, clearly love social media and I use it and it can be a really great tool. But it's also about it's kind of like I've been really leaning into this concept of mothering myself. So it's this is so side note, but I've been going really into like the female archetypes of like the maiden, the mother, the wild woman, the temptress, anyway, a whole lot of things, but you know, the mother. A way to step into your mother archetype is mothering yourself. Wow, so kind of being like, you know, for example, if your three year old was like, oh, I'm gonna scroll my phone before bed, would you be like, yeah, honey, sounds great, Like this is funny because this is what my mom says to me. I still live. If you're like a tea, just use your actual mom because that's perfect. But if you're like me that your mom doesn't live with you and.
Speaker 2: You have a daughter, use yourself as your mother and be like, you know, to mother myself. Right now, what would I actually do because your mom always wants the best for you, the best for you and the highest version of yourself. And that's even something really interesting I've been doing.
Speaker 1: Is like, oh, how could I actually mother myself right now and make that choice? I love. I love that shift in thought too. Yeah, that's really it. Kind of instead of being like I need to be disciplined, it feels better of being like, oh, I'm actually being really like nourishing to myself and it feels better. Wow, random, random, ped I love it, but we love it. Our next question, should you meditate before journaling or listen to music while journaling? Either? All? Either? Yeah? Like that's what I mean, guys, is like there's actually no right or wrong and it's just whatever you want to do to get on the vibe. For example, if you are feeling not really super scattered and not grounded, I would meditate before journaling. You're probably going to get a lot more out of it, as like quite the mind, get into that spot. Yeah, and you're probably.
Speaker 2: Going to get a lot more out of your journaling practice. I personally listen to really beautiful music when I journal It's just like it's a bit of a vibe for me. But really there's like I said, there's no right or wrong.
Speaker 1: What do you like doing it to your I am, I've been journaling before bed at the moment, so it'll be once I've like set my alarm on my phone because that's obviously the last thing I do on my phone every night, pop non charge in that stays a little bit further away from me. My journal sits on my bedside table, and I'll get my journal out, I'll light a little candle. I'll have like my cup of tea or moon milk, so it's like just a very relaxing experience. I don't listen to music when I do, because I just get so distracted and pulled into music sometimes and I'll just like get stuck listening and I won't actually be thinking. So for me to like mindfully journal, I need silence. So it's just yeah, lights are off, just a candle and then I just journal. And sometimes I know this is like a bit of a tangent, but sometimes even with my manifestation journaling, I'll just draw a really bad picture of what I want, like oh my God, instead of writing it, I just draw myself with the thief I'm just imagining, like linterly is, and I do like big circles for hair and stuff, but sometimes for me that's it. That's all I do when I journal is draw a nice picture. I love that, and I like write little labels. I'm like my car, big house. Love that. Yeah, that's just sort of what I found work for me. But that's like, that's the beauty of journalist. Is like, if that's the vibe you need, someone finds my journal one day, someone clearly gave us to their kids. That was funny. Our next question, has journaling changed your life?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, completely, Like I said, it has been such a tool for me in so many different ways. I it's interesting. I had a lot of journals growing up, and they were very like I went to the beach today and yeah. And then then it's really interesting because I was always really interested in writing and journaling a bit. Probably when I was like eleven or something, I kind of stopped and obviously, you know, school gets more hectic, and I remember then I didn't pick up journaling until I was like twenty two or something, and then I.
Speaker 1: Just fell back in love.
Speaker 2: I've always loved books and reading, and so I love a place that I can put my words, i can put my creativity. I can like I've I don't know, I've just I've found it such a tool to connect to myself and it's just been such, yeah, a beautiful experience for me that has evolved. And I love journaling because there's no expectation. Yeah, no one's reading this. I don't even reread it. Sometimes it's something, you know, just for me. And again, it's just like it's been a really beautif thing to get my thoughts out into paper. Like you know, I'm if sometimes I'm feeling super anxious and then I put the thoughts out into paper and I re read it and I'm like, oh, it's okay, Georgia, you know. And then I'm I'm able to use it as a tool and then, you know, my favorite thing to do is just like journal about what I'm manifesting and like be and like embody that and be like oh my god, and then this happens and I feel like this and it like i feel like I'm going to another place and it really helps me embody and get on the vibe of what I want to manifest. And yeah, it's been such an incredible tool. And again it's just there's something creative and like connecting about journaling for me personally that I've I've just fallen in love with and it's yeah, it's definitely changing my life.
Speaker 1: What about you? Well, I was really similar Like growing up, I had heaps of like books that I would write in, but it was very like reflective of my day. And I also was like the most paranoid little child ever and didn't want my mom or my sister or my dad reading any of it because sometimes I'd be mean things about the do you ever have like one of those little does the voice activated was in a lock. Look, I was so paranoid. I had a journal that had a lock on it. I kept the key on me and I wrote in like invisible ink. Do you know those pens? And they had the light on the back and you had to shine to read writing enough, I honestly don't know heelarious. So I also can't read any of them back really tell you what's in there. But I think now I've started to get into more more into journaling and a block or weird thing that I had that I've realized is like I used to love doing like our course workbooks, but I never equated that to journaling, but it is journaling. It's just prompted journaling. Yeah, and so I think I'm very much still in the phase of like doing very prompted journaling about things. Or sometimes when I just have a really really strong feeling that I just don't want to keep it inside anymore, I'll write it in my journal. And it's just interesting sometimes to like go back to some of these pages and go, oh, like really interesting that I was feeling that way about my friend that day or about my body that day, and that's actually really negative and I shouldn't feel that way about things. And I am able to almost Another thing that I like to do is like when I write something really negative, leave space underneath and I'll almost respond back to it on a different day when I'm in a better headspace. And that's really helped me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's also really beautiful seeing your evolution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. I'll go through my journal from the start of the year and like just even seeing the mindset I was in about a certain topic and then to now be where I am and be like, oh, wow, that doesn't even bother me anymore. Yeah, I've fully integrated.
Speaker 2: That or you know those moments. It's such a beautiful tool because I think sometimes we forget what we've been through, yeah, and what has been in our head and what we have moved through, and we can be like, oh, I'm not evolving, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not you know, I'm stagnant. And then you go read an old journal and and you're like, holy, she's a long way. Yea.
Speaker 2: Even when you go and read oh my favorite things. When you go read something it was, you know, your manifestation and then you've manifested it, yeah, and you're like, oh, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: The next question is I love this one very interesting? What's more productive a journal to dump all of your bad feelings or a more positive manifesting approach.
Speaker 2: I don't think journaling should have the outcome of being productive interesting, And that's what and that's what I'm trying to get at is if you're journaling from a oh what can I be to be more productive? I don't think you're going to enjoy it, and like, I think you need to retract even that.
Speaker 1: What's going to be more productive? Yeah, because journaling is a.
Speaker 2: Tool that it's going to change time to time. So you know, if we are talking what's more productive. One day, it's going to be more productive to get out of the bad feelings because you're in a really low vibe.
Speaker 1: And then the other day, you know, you're in a.
Speaker 2: Neutral state and it's going to be better to talk about your manifestations because it's going to put you into a higher vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Just I don't think there's any right or wrong with journaling. Yeah, and I think be try and be a bit fluid. Like if you're still at the prompts stage of journaling, that's amazing. But even like you know, maybe you do five days of prompts and then then maybe the next day you're like, oh, I'm not going to use prompts. I'm just gonna see what happens, and you just try and test different things. But like both of those approaches can be beautiful at different times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I totally agree in one thing I love about prompts and especially the life Happens for Me journal There are so many that sometimes the prompts will lead you to unpacking something and maybe going a bit deeper and like talking about the bad things. But sometimes the prompts are there to help you get high vibe so I think it's less about whether it's unpacking bad things or talking about good things and just looking at the situation that you're in that you want to journal on and then do what's best for that situation at that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, So I'm going to read a couple from the prompts and glossary just so you kind of if you don't understand what we're saying by prompts. So you know, like there's the titles of like knowing your next step, and then there's about seven prompts underneath that manifesting your every desire, and then there's seven prompts shifting into a high vibe, tapping into your intuition, letting go of something, stepping into your next level, self alignment, core beliefs, finding your Why, daily prompts for beginners, surrendering, rewriting, limiting beliefs, going deeper, and self reflection, healing and self love. There's literally over a hundred prompts. There's once about grief, there's ones about closure, and really just I would go through to the prompt section and be like, what do I need right now? Yeah, and pick that and go through the questions. Also, another thing with journaling is I don't know if you felt like there's a tear, but like, sometimes if I'm doing prompts, there's a certain prompt and I straight away I'm like, nah, don't want.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what that means, guys, you have to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're feeling resistant towards a certain prompt, it's because you're about to unpack something that you probably don't want to unpack, or look at something you don't want to look at. And so I highly recommend the you know, even in the prompts glossary, you know, the prompt that you're like, nah, I don't want to do it makes you do it, yeah, because that on it. That's like every time that I've felt that feeling and then done it, I've been like, wow, life changing kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And my thing with that too is sometimes like, especially if you're journaling at the end of the day, you might genuinely not have the time or capacity to unpack that, but highlight it, write it down, and make sure you do it that week, like it needs to be done soon. But just knowing when and where is important. Yeah, Definitely. The next question I suffer from pretty severe anxiety, overthinking and constantly have my mind racing full of thoughts. I struggle to stop, slow down and actually think about where to start. Any tips. I think getting it all out would actually help me a lot. Definitely, start journaling.
Speaker 2: It's going to be such a beautiful practice to calm your mind. And like I said, that's personally what I use journaling or for a very long time of just getting thoughts.
Speaker 1: Out so I could actually be like especially because I feel like a lot of the anxious thoughts that I previously had they were very much about control.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's often I'm feeling anxious about something I can't even control. And I think that's a huge realization that I used to have all the time of like putting it down on paper and being like, I literally can't control this thing. And also I know, coming back to the why of like why do I feel a need to control everything? And this is going on a bit of a tangent, but personally in my journey, any time that I'm in a sense of control, it's because I don't feel safe within my body and myself. So any time that you're trying to control all the external is and again I'm not a professional, but from my experience is this thing of I don't feel safe in myself, so I'm trying to grab onto control.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Grab on to, you know, something external to make me feel good and solid because I didn't feel solid in myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So instead of like actually dealing with what's going on inside and taking control of yourself, you're just latching onto any other thing that you could control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which makes you feel more anxious because you actually can't control anything. So I think that's what I'm saying is I think what you'll actually start to find is when you put a practice like this in place, it's less you feel less anxious because you're more connected to yourself and personally. That's why I used to get anxiety is when I was actually disconnected from myself and when I didn't feel safe within myself, and so I had to give myself that safety and then the anxiety left, Yeah left?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: But like that was That's what I mean is like often it's not even the act of oh, I feel anxious, let's unpack this.
Speaker 1: It's the act of using a tool to connect to yourself, which you can do through journaling, through meditation, like having those moments with yourself. So that's why I'm like hugely that's going to be so beneficial for you. So it's not even kind of like it's not necessarily journaling on your anxiety or the thing that maybe stressing you out. Is just about getting to know yourself better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and having that practice where because that's another thing is like I love journaling because you're actually giving time to yourself, which I think if a lot of people audited their day, I think they would rarely give time to theirselves.
Speaker 1: Like when are you?
Speaker 2: And this is I'm you know, this comes from someone who's hugely scheduled, but it's like, where do you.
Speaker 1: Have minutes to check in with yourself? Yeah? Be with yourself, you know, connect to yourself. Be like connect to your body. Yeah, like move in your body and like feel into yourself. Like none of us do that unless you've got these practices you do. And so that's just personally what I used to find is I would say I'm a highly anxious person, but it's because I was so disconnected from myself. You know, it's actually wild now that you say that. Yeah, I hadn't consistently journaled till I'd say maybe three weeks ago, and I'm like a whole new person. Really. Yeah, Like before that, the things I would do to go to bed was like check the calendar for work the next day, to make sure that I've i don't know, got everything in my head that I need to have in my head, and like little crazy things like that, or if it's the weekend, talk go on TikTok, or if it's like Friday night, make sure that I'm not forgetting a catch up that I've planned with someone the next day, and just like very highly like I'm gonna forget. I'm stressed, I got all these things. And now that I don't even do that, like it's not even part of my routine to check what's on the next day, I'm like, oh, wake up and there'll be enough time for me to sort anything out and I might maybe it's generally ed today, Well I think it must be.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's what I mean. Is like I would literally be having a look at your routine and be like, you know what, I think this is really okay, I'm gonna have a.
Speaker 1: Huge stake here, Okay, I like.
Speaker 2: Personally know people who call themselves highly anxious people and every single night they're watching true crime documentaries. Do mess Like if you are someone who feels anxious and you actually look at your routine to see what you're doing your day, like yeah, are you like are and you're checking your calendar before you go to bed?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or like you know, I think we can put it down to oh no, like I'm a healthy person, you know, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like if you actually audited your routine and like I said, do you even give yourself ten minutes to connect to yourself to check in with how you feel and then that day decide what you're going to like give you to yourself or are you running on this like hamster wheel of like schedules and I just do this and I'm not very conscious about what I pick. And then you're like, oh, it's so weird. I'm really anxious. I'm so surprised.
Speaker 2: And I really I say that with love because that was me. I felt so anxious and I was like, it's so weird because I work out and I eat all the healthy foods, but I did not have a mental health practice.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then that's when I introduced journaling and my whole life change because I was like, holy shit, I was so disconnected from myself. I never checked in with myself.
Speaker 1: Check in with yourself, guys, check in with this. Our next question is any good journal prompts to work through big feelings. I've got a book of them.
Speaker 2: We have literally got a book of them. But I'm going to give you some, all right, So from the life happens for me journal? So the first one, what am I feeling right now? So name the emotion?
Speaker 1: Give it a label. Is it stress? Is it anxiety? Is it sadness? Is it anger, guilt? Shame? Then I want you to ask yourself, out of ten, how strong is that emotion?
Speaker 2: Also give it a number. Then I want you to have a think about what has caused me to feel this way?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Do I like that I'm feeling this way?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: What was the trigger? What was the moment when your frequency changed? Then I want you to journal on how do I want to react to this emotion. I want you to then journal on the story that comes with this emotion, because I guarantee you, if it is an emotion you feel all the time, there's usually a story attached. And I say story because this does not have to be your truth. It actually gets to be changed. And then the next journal prompt is do I want to play into this story or do I want to choose a new one? Then I want you to take three deep breaths and write down three things that.
Speaker 1: You're grateful for. I love that you're welcome. Our next question is how to fit journaling. And if you're busy, oh, we're ready for the tough love It's okay, Like it literally takes ten minutes. Yeah, I'm sure there's ten minutes in your day where you're fucking around. I personally like attach it to something else, so you know, are you like a tier. I've actually been journaling a lot at night to a tear, like when I Ivy's gone to bed, and like kind of my routine is like Ivy goes to bed, ME and Tim have dinner. I then have half an hour where I do look at my calendar, I pack my bag, I pack my lunch, I put my tablets out, I put my like pre work out out, I get all sort of for the next day, and then I clean my teeth, I do like face and then I jump in bed again, put my phone on.
Speaker 2: Charge, put it away. I have it down on the floor, so it's like literally nowhere near me, and then I, yeah, walk, get out my journal and do that, or I'll have a good conversation with Tim.
Speaker 1: So I personally love doing it at night.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could easily just not be on your phone or not watch TV and do journaling.
Speaker 1: Or like start even just going to bed ten minutes later, because you spend ten minutes journally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like that's what I mean is you're clearly doing something before you go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also if the nighttime like you're just like drained, zap, that's not the vibe. Do it first thing in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like attach it to making your coffee and then you do one page of journaling and again, this is not gonna take you more than ten minutes. Yeah, it's just you have to decide if you want to make it a habit or not. There's no there's no secret formula. There's no secret to journaling. Again, that's why we created the Life Happens for Me journal If you are a beginner and you want prompts, but it's like you need to decide if this is something, like I said, like this has changed my life. This is a habit that has changed my life. If you're consistent with it, you're like, it's gonna be beneficial for you.
Speaker 1: You just need to decide if you want to put in your routine or not. Yeah, you can find ten minutes exactly. And I feel like a lot of the time people get stuck on journaling because they think they need to write this profound essay of emotion and stuff and you really don't. Like I draw pictures sometimes, or I'll just write something that really annoyed me that day and I don't have the capacity to unpack it, but I do it a different day.
Speaker 2: I also just write lists sometimes. Yeah, I literally jot down list and like, if you were to read my journal, you'd be like, what is she talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it wouldn't actually make any sense to you.
Speaker 2: But in that moment, I'm just like listing things exactly, and that feels.
Speaker 1: Really good to me too. I always do like to end on affirmation so or gratitude, So I highly recommend that our next question how to embody what you're actually writing?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is a great question. See, this is the whole I think there's.
Speaker 1: Such a journey to journaling, and I think at the start, if you're new.
Speaker 2: To journaling, it's going to be hard to embody what you're journaling, Yeah, because I think you might be a little bit disconnected from yourself.
Speaker 1: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: Like even if you kind of like write things down you're not feeling too much and you read it and you're like, I don't know. I want you to push through this, yeah, because it's just foreign to you. Connecting to yourself talking about your emotions, being in those emotions is going to be foreign and uncomfortable for you. And I think that's a very normal state. And I've been through that. I tear you've probably been through that. Go through it, yeah, where you're just kind of like, I don't I don't even if this is beneficial. Yeah, you know that stage and then you're like, I do know this is beneficial, and I've got to push through.
Speaker 1: So I think that's very normal.
Speaker 2: You get to the stage of embodiment when this is a habit and a ritual that you have done many times. So it embodiment just means it's like you can feel into something like for example, it's like maybe you're talking about sorry, writing what you're grateful for and like you start to tear up because you're feeling so grateful. Yeah, that's what embodiment is. And I think I didn't embody what I wrote for a very long time. I had to make it a habit, I had to feel into it, I had to be intuitive with it, and then came embodiment. Whereas now I can jump into embodiment a lot quicker because I've made.
Speaker 1: It such a ritual in practice. I agree, because sometimes I can embody, but it takes a lot of focus. It's almost like meditating and trying to like really get on the vibe of what I'm writing. But something I noticed recently was when I was journaling on triggers or something negative, I felt it, like I felt that emotion so strong. But when I did the same for something I wanted to manifest or something positive or something I wanted to attract, that strength of feeling wasn't there, and I was. It just was interesting to me because I just said, Okay, well, I clearly can do it because I'm doing it right now for the negatives, but I obviously need to work on reinforcing the positive emotions or there's a limiting belief there as to why I can't feel that to the strength that I can for the other things.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think also not making yourself wrong for that and not being like, oh well, clearly I've got a lot of negative emotions, so like, you know, like making yourself wrong and being like, oh wow, that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about the moment. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me. The next question, what are the benefits of journaling everything? Life changing?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the connection to self. I think That's what I mean is I think a lot of people and again I'm not trying to put anyone in a box or label someone, but you know, I think a lot of people can really associate with being an anxious person or a stressed person and this.
Speaker 1: But it's because they've got.
Speaker 2: All, you know, all these emotions in their body and there's no release. And that's even like recently I've been doing anger releases on my runs where I think, as women, we don't release our anger. No, And it's really interesting because men do, Like Tim does it, like literally he'll have anger release processes that he does, like within his person development coaching, and they're really big on like releasing the emotion. And I thought about it and I was like, fuck, we just we don't like as women, I feel like there's such this normalizing keeping everything in and finding everything in. But what you don't realize is like when you hold the emotions in, where else.
Speaker 1: They're going to go.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to feel them. So it's like normalizing releasing emotions. So that could be through crying. I have been crying a lot lately and releasing and it's really interesting because I personally am not a big crier, probably because I was disconnected from myself.
Speaker 1: For a very long time. But I'm not a big crier. But when I cry nowt I can notice this whole process of I feel like I'm gonna cry, and I feel embarrassment because I don't like crying, and I feel embarrassment and I have to push through that and I have to be like, no, you can cry, Georgia, Like this is is like I've got you safe place. I then cry. It feels uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I then continue to cry and I feel into the feeling and then the next emotion is it. Literally I'm like, oh, it's gone, Like I don't feel.
Speaker 1: The feeling anymore. And it's because I've literally released.
Speaker 2: It through crying. Yeah, but it's this whole process of being like, oh, I don't want to cry, I feel really shameful. Oh this is really uncomfortable. Oh I'm really sad.
Speaker 1: Oh I feel better. Yeah. And it's so interesting because I had never noticed that journey of emotions because I had never been connected to myself. But now I'm more connected to myself.
Speaker 2: I can literally go through the journey and know that it's like I'm about to release something. I also do this thing when I'm running and if I'm angry, I'll.
Speaker 1: Go for a run. I feel that find that very therapeutic. I feel the anger and I hold it in my body like almost kind of like Dragon ball Z style, like, and then I run and I flick my hands and you let the anger out and I let the anger out, and I'm like, and I visualize the anger releasing and I feel it in my body.
Speaker 2: It's the most amazing experience. And then after that run, I'm like, fuck, I.
Speaker 1: Feel good, Wow, And I've like released it. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: And so that's also you know, with anxiety, Yeah, I can feel really stressed and really anxious and I write it down and then I look at the piece of paper and I'm like, do I you.
Speaker 1: Know, is this something I should even be worried about? Or more, is this something I can control?
Speaker 2: And if it's not, it's like, well, there's no use of going through this anxiousness because I'll have to actually go through it when it happens, so you know, like let and I'm like very logical about it. So again, I find journaling a release for that certain emotion. So I think the biggest benefits I've found is it's really a tool to connect to yourself. So obviously that's gonna be a huge benefit because when you're connecting to yourself, you're able to receive downloads, You're able to be a clear channel for ideas, for creativity, You're able to like I even think of it as like when I journal and I work through stuff, I'm literally like clearing slodge, like clearing shit out of myself and working through things so they're no longer stuck in my body and it feels lighter.
Speaker 1: And you can make space for other things. I can make space for other things, I can manifest easier, I can move through life easier, and that's even Another thing is if you don't have any release for your emotions, I guarantee you you're someone who gets triggered as fuck. You would walk through life and get triggered by everything someone says this, you know, like triggered. It's because you're you've got so much stories and slosh literally twirling around inside you and you haven't released it. So you're basically living your day from your past. You're making decisions in the future from your past because you haven't cleared it, and it really keeps you in this cycle of feeling like a victim, of feeling not good enough, constantly comparing yourself, not feeling safe in your body. It's kind of like if if your brain and body was like a piece of machinery doing the maintenance. Yes, exactly, because I love looking at it like that, Because if.
Speaker 2: You think about it, like we all we're like every single day we go through emotions, we go through little tea trauma. We're going through so much that it's like if you don't have an outlet, if you don't have a release, if you don't have a way to clean.
Speaker 1: Your it's like brushing your teeth every night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you eat food, you're like you have the air around you, like, you know, like you've got all this stuff happening in your mouth, so you brush it and you clean it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that's.
Speaker 2: Just a practice so that you're good for the next day. So that's why you should have a daily practice to help your mental health, your emotional self.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of the way I see it. Wow, I love looking at it that way. Yeah, and like that's when you look at it that way, doesn't it just make sense? Yeah, it's like, how can you not have time for that to do it every day?
Speaker 2: And I think also if you're someone who's never had time for that or never done that, that's why the start feels really hard because you're like, holy shit, this is just oh this is stupid, it doesn't work, or yeah, it's pointless. But what you don't realize is you keep doing it, you make it a habit, and then like down the track you'll be like, wow.
Speaker 1: No, this is life changing. Guys.
Speaker 2: We're gonna end the episode there. We hope you enjoyed this.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Bye, everyone, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast.
Speaker 1: If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.