Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Before they were famous, that's what we want to talk about you on the next half an hour and who do you who?
Speaker 3: Have you seen before they were famous?
Speaker 2: This week we spoke to Steve and he was winning Oasis tickets and he's told has only ever been to two shows. One was get this The Wiggles probably the most successful Australian act globally.
Speaker 4: I feel like they toured three times a year as well.
Speaker 2: But he saw them at basketball Court and broad Meadows. That really is before they were famous. Chris also saw before they were famous Wiggles at the Williamstown Town Hall.
Speaker 3: Saw the Wiggles there.
Speaker 2: So today on nine four one four one O four three, who did you see and where before they were famous? Have you guys anyone I seen any acts before they made it big?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: We actually said no to having Lady Gaga on The Hamish and Andy.
Speaker 4: Show before she was famous big enough? Like who's this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Like they said, photos of Anxious? What's this?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: Wacky outfit?
Speaker 3: Patsy, you must have seen some bands before.
Speaker 1: They broke be My brother in law Bill saw ac DC at the Wean Gretta town Hall in the late sixties as a student.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, how many We're going to get a lot of these.
Speaker 5: We'll get to ac DC. Good to get out of the way, Patsy. There'll be lots of a CDC playing at my high school.
Speaker 2: I reckon the Christian Connell Show podcast right now.
Speaker 3: Then before they were famous? Who have you seen band or artists before they were famous? Where were they.
Speaker 2: Playing before they broke big? On nine four one four one, o four to three. Good morning, Kydie, good morning.
Speaker 1: So my auntie who still bragged to the stage, saw ac DC at Paisley High School for twenty cents.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is quite a good brag to have as well. Yeah, twenty cents as.
Speaker 4: Well as before dynamic pricing.
Speaker 3: Twenty cents.
Speaker 1: She just yet she bragged my brother about it all the time.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of those things in Australia, isn't it.
Speaker 2: The amount of people that actually saw ac DC before that became famous, wouldn't mean that there were millionaires before they even had a record.
Speaker 3: Owt, Kylie, thank you very much, you call great.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Early on in my career I did a breakfast show in Liverpool, home of the Beatles and the amount of callers whose nan or auntie went out with one of the Beatles.
Speaker 3: This band must have slept with the entire city of Liverpool.
Speaker 2: The stories I heard, Tony, Good morning, Tony, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: All right, Tony, who did you see before the broke? Big John Farnham? Wow?
Speaker 2: I mean this is this is out there, isn't it? ACDC and fancy? And where was he playing before he became famous?
Speaker 1: Bard More shopping center? Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Did he see Sadie the cleaning lady there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: He did, still being called Johnny Farnham at the time too.
Speaker 3: Wow. That must have been going back a few years, Tony, about forty years Bloody. Hell, amazing scenes, Tony, thank you very much. She called the Christian O'Connell show podcast all right, before they were famous? What bands or artists you've seen before they broke? Big Wendy, who was it for you? Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning? I saw Inexcess with Michael Hutchins at Maya in the Miss shop. Wow, in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: Just so many of these stars before the became famous playing in shopping centers.
Speaker 4: There was the right to success.
Speaker 2: Yes, I didn't realize that was part of the music scene here in Australia.
Speaker 3: You don't have that anywhere else in the world where the wedding break big isn't like playing in bars or anything like that. It's in shopping centers.
Speaker 1: Yep. It was actually in Mayers, in the missshop in the women's clothes.
Speaker 4: I so want to be here. Must have been a mad.
Speaker 2: It was loud, especially just trying to do some shopping there, trying to get some clothes.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I was.
Speaker 1: It was on my lunch breash Wendy.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much she called me. That's a Sandra, Good morning, Sandra, thy Sandra. So before they were famous? Who have you seen before they became famous? And where were they playing?
Speaker 6: The fabulous Consentino He was playing at the Fun for Kids festival and Warning Bull probably about eighteen to twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: So he was well, he didn't win, but he was on Sorry he's got talent.
Speaker 5: Yes, I remember a magician and an illusionist. Yeah, and Australia's got talent. So this is before it was.
Speaker 4: On TV, I think so yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody had ever heard of him before and he absolutely blew everybody away. Then he was just doing his his You know, the sort of Michael Jackson's style stuff, but he does. I don't know. I just always think of Michael Jackson when I when I see him, and he just did his magic and he was he was fabulous.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you blend Michael Jackson with magic.
Speaker 5: I guess was pretty anyway.
Speaker 3: Sandra, thank you man very much. She called nobody, say Bobby.
Speaker 4: You know you guys, here are you going.
Speaker 6: I remember back in the early eighties we used to see a band called Cockroaches. They come from Sydney and.
Speaker 4: We follow them all over Melbourne for about.
Speaker 6: Good sixty eight months and all that they went off the scene.
Speaker 4: Then we found out they turned into the Wiggles.
Speaker 6: That's right, as a kid.
Speaker 3: See that's what they were. Originally a pop band, weren't they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were a pop band.
Speaker 6: They had a big pop band.
Speaker 4: Clue they were good. And then they just went up and said we didn't know where they were.
Speaker 6: Then they turned into the Wiggles.
Speaker 3: They turns caterpillar. Bobby, thank you how much? She called no worries, thank you very much much. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast