Speaker 1: You are now entering the court of Judge Gina Leono.
Speaker 2: People are delusional, so is it any surprise that the world is filled with fights, disputes and petty grievances. When you've had enough and Nita Rowse settled once and for all, you come to my courtroom. I am Judge Gina, and my decision is final.
Speaker 3: They say it's best to catch flights, not feelings, but the two dating show alarm in Judge Gina's courtroom today seem unable to do either. Michael Brunelli has brought Josh Moss to Judge Gina after he made a series of careless mistakes on travel bookings. Michael is seeking a public apology from Josh as compensation.
Speaker 4: My name is Michael Brenelli and I am a co host on The Bags podcast. I have come to Judge Gina today to settle a beef with my podcast co host, Josh Moss, who is blaming me for a mistake that he made with flights.
Speaker 5: My name is Josh Moss.
Speaker 6: I've come to Judge Gina today to solve a deep rooted problem in me and Michael's relationship.
Speaker 4: Josh and I have known each other for around two years. We are quite good friends, but we do have disagreements at times.
Speaker 6: I want to fare an even trial and all the relevant information presented, and I want a totally non biased verdict.
Speaker 4: What I want out of today is the truth. I want Judge Gina to prove to Josh that I am right in this situation that he needs to take responsibility for his mistake.
Speaker 3: Court is now in session. Please rise the Judge Gina.
Speaker 2: Michael Brunelli, why are you in my courtroom today?
Speaker 4: My beef is with Josh Moss, my podcast co host, and it's got to do with a flight from Sydney to Melbourne. He booked a flight to Avalon Airport when he was meant to be going to Tullmarine. And as you know, there are two airports in Melbourne. Avalon is out near Geelong. I'm near the city where marine. Yes, I told him that I was going to pick him up from the airport. When I texted him and I said where are you, I'm on my way. He said, I'm an Avalon airport.
Speaker 2: So you went to Avalon.
Speaker 4: I did not go to Avalon. I made the executive decision that that would be too far from me to go Okay.
Speaker 2: So he told you he was at Avalon Airport and you decided not to go.
Speaker 4: So he is blaming me for his mistaken airport arrival.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what does that equate to? How can I help you?
Speaker 4: I would like you to show him to open his eyes to see that he is at fault here. He's an adult, he booked his own flight. He should have known which airport he was going to and where it was located.
Speaker 2: But he did tell you he was at Avalon. So what's the issue?
Speaker 4: My issue is that I'm getting blamed.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: What I would like is a public apology from Josh Moss posted on our Handbags Instagram page, our podcast page. And I would also, just as a kicker, as a little bit of a lesson here, I would like him to post one of his photo shoot photos that he took a few years ago, which are quite provocative. Personally, I think he looks amazing in them, but he doesn't feel the same, and I'd like him to post that.
Speaker 2: Okay. So does the public know what he's apologizing about or do we have to tell the public the whole story? And then there's an apology. That makes sense because otherwise you're going in mid sentence telling the audience something that they don't know about.
Speaker 4: Depends how you define public.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you define public?
Speaker 4: I define our public as the people that know us and our social media following.
Speaker 2: Raise see you on your podcast? Okay? And if you had a vote from your viewers or anything like that, we have and what do they say?
Speaker 4: The vote was titled whose fault is it? And the vote came out seventy percent Josh and thirty percent Michael.
Speaker 2: This is out of how many people who? How many people were polled?
Speaker 4: I can find that out for you.
Speaker 2: Well, you need to know is it more than three?
Speaker 4: It is more than three? I don't have the exact numb.
Speaker 2: So you want an apology on handbags and your Instagram page, and you also want you want Josh to post a photo from a photo shoot from when.
Speaker 4: From I'd say four or five years ago on.
Speaker 2: Your Instagram page? Which one. I'm sure there's been photos, many photos from four or five years ago, and multiple photo.
Speaker 4: Shoots that he does, like a photo shoot the one I'm talking about in particular, and Josh would know this, but I'll explain to you is a photo shoot that he took in his underwear. Personally, I think the amazing photos and he hasn't allowed me to post them before.
Speaker 2: Right, and you want the permission to do that, correct, as part of your compensation.
Speaker 4: For him blaming me for him catching an.
Speaker 2: Uber from Avalon because you wouldn't travel there because you live closer to Tullamarine.
Speaker 4: Because I wasn't able to travel there within my schedule.
Speaker 5: Oh it's changed now, No.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 2: So I want to hear from you NW Josh go on.
Speaker 6: So when I organized to come down to Melbourne, your honor, I hadn't been to Melbourne in years, so long this happened. This has happened about seven months ago, thisent. I hadn't been to Melbourne about fifteen years before that. Okay, So I'm a Sydney boy through and through. I organized to come down to Melbourne out of the goodwill of my heart to record an episode. Michael didn't come to Sydney. I came down to Melbourne to help out.
Speaker 2: And where do you normally record?
Speaker 6: We were recording at Sydney at the time, and then Michael picked up and moved to Melbourne, and so you were living in Sydney.
Speaker 4: I was living in Sydney at the time we started the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yet, okay, and where do you called the podcast? Now?
Speaker 4: We either record Melbourne Sydney depending on where one of us are or remotely.
Speaker 2: Okay, so one of you can be in Sydney, one can be in Melbourne. Okay, So go on.
Speaker 6: And I booked a flight down to Melbourne, and I saw that there was one that was slightly cheaper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, times are taf your honor, And.
Speaker 6: It was a flight that was about eighty bucks cheaper, and I decided to book it because I wanted to book something and I had to get down cheaper than what let's say that it was about eighteen.
Speaker 2: Not quantity cheaper. So you're saying there were two options to fly in, one into Tellermarine, one into Avalon. Yes, and the one into Avalon was eighty dollars cheaper, and you understood that one was a different suburb to the other.
Speaker 5: No, I thought it was different like wings of the airport or something.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, yeah, yeah, I thought it was a bit daft, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: But go on, Oh, but like who has two airports in this like so close proximity. Sydney only has one airport, so booked the flight. Michael had agreed to pick me up and landed from.
Speaker 5: Just from the airport. No which airport though, well, he didn't specify whatever you needed.
Speaker 2: To specify, Well, not him, because you're the one flying in.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: So if I say I'm going to dinner Darling, can you pick me up? And he thinks Darling is a restaurant and I'm not at Darling, then it's my fault, really, isn't it, Because I should have said where?
Speaker 5: But what if you did?
Speaker 2: You say where?
Speaker 5: I said I was going to Melbourne, getting the flight down to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Melbourne, okay, but there is you know, Avalon's in Geelong.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that at the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you certainly knew when you landed because you were not in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: No, when I landed.
Speaker 6: It all looks the same, okay, go on, because as I said, I hadn't been in Melbourne since I was.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you rang him from where the airport or you told him before you left.
Speaker 6: When the plane landed, I thought I'd give him a lot of notice and I said, hey mate, I'm landing. I'll probably be twenty minutes until I get out of the airport. Can you please pick me up? And he said, yep, I'll come now. He goes, whereabouts A you gu I've just landed in Avalon?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you told him Avalon there? I told him Avalon then and he said what he said? You're fing kidding me. You did not land in Avalon. You're an absolute idiot. That's not where you should be landing.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what did you say?
Speaker 6: I was offended at first, and then I said, Michael, can you pick me up? I may have you know, I'm an Avalon. I don't know what that means, but I'm here. And then he said I'm not picking you up and I said why and he goes, because you've gone to the wrong airport.
Speaker 5: I'm too busy to pick you up. You can get your own way there.
Speaker 6: Keeping in mind, the uber was about one hundred and eighty dollars, was it? So the eighty dollars I saved on the flight, I could have flown business class.
Speaker 2: So it cost you one hundred and eighty dollars in an uber? Yes, okay, what are you after?
Speaker 6: I want Michael to post on the Handbags page yep, that he apologizes forever doubting my intelligence and that he openly admits that I'm the smarter handbag, and then he says that's not up for debate anymore.
Speaker 2: What's not up for debate now?
Speaker 5: Who's smarter?
Speaker 2: Well that's almost self explanatory, isn't it. If someone's trying to get an admission like that, that automatically confirms who the daft one is, doesn't it. I would think if I'm chasing someone to validate how smart I was, that I would be the daft one.
Speaker 5: Intelligence is in the eye of the beholder.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I thought that was beauty?
Speaker 5: Well, I can.
Speaker 2: I like to intelligence is in the eye of the IQ, I'd say, so, I want to know what you're claiming. So you just want Michael to post apology for ever doubting and admitting you're smarter?
Speaker 5: Yes, and and I want Michael to post I want Michael to Is that your compensation, Michael? I want Michael to get me a massage.
Speaker 2: Voutcher, a massage voucher to value.
Speaker 5: Eighty dollars because I was very stressed in this situation. I feel like a massage would calm me down.
Speaker 2: Message voucher for eighty dollars and you one hundred and eighty dollars for the uber. Are you claiming that?
Speaker 5: No, I won't claim that.
Speaker 4: Okay, may I say something?
Speaker 2: Yes, you can go on.
Speaker 4: So I've got more evidence, just I wanted to show you this is not a one off sort evidence or more of a story. I've got a story with evidence.
Speaker 2: Okay, go along with it, all right, I'm listening.
Speaker 4: So after we recorded the podcast on Friday, the fifth of August, Okay, Josh was at my house. He was getting in an uber too Avalon Airport to fly back to Sydney. I received a text from Josh aroundabouts an hour later saying I've gone to the wrong airport.
Speaker 2: Being where did you go?
Speaker 4: Avalon?
Speaker 2: But you just told me he had to return flight to Avalon. So so he went to Avalon. Oh he made a mistake.
Speaker 4: The second mistake, yes, okay, So he was actually leaving from Tullamarine.
Speaker 2: So you flew into Avalon and you were departing via Tallomarine to Sydney, but you thought you had to go back to Avalon. I think that's a valid mistake. Most people think they're flying in and out of the same place.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I think if you've made an error on your I need you to think, my person, that's my job today is to think that you should check your return flight if you've made a mistake on the inbound flight.
Speaker 2: Just he didn't make a mistake.
Speaker 4: He did he flew to the wrong airport.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. He flew to Avalon. It was a wrong airport for you, okay. So and then he fixed the problem by catching an uber and you let him do that, okay. So, Josh, you've gone back to Avalon, yeh, thinking you're flying back? And how did you get to Avalon?
Speaker 5: I got another uber?
Speaker 2: Okay, so another one hundred and eighty dollars? Yeah, the three hundred and sixty dollars? Yeah, okay. And so then you were meant to be at Tallamarine. How did you get from Avalon to Tallomarine?
Speaker 5: I had to get another uber? How much was that one hundred and eighty dollars?
Speaker 2: So it's another one hundred and eighty three sixty plus one eighty? Who's got quick math? Five forty? But you don't want to claim that, h okay? That one so five point forty and not that he would necessarily be responsible or liable for your stupidity, if that's what you would call it, And I probably couldn't think of a better word than stupidity, your mistake, I should say so.
Speaker 4: The following day, yes, Josh was scheduled to fly out to Spain for work. Yeah from Sydney, and I received a text message saying, dude, I didn't even tell you I missed my flight to Spain. He said, I had a few too many drinks at Sydney Airport.
Speaker 2: So why is this relevant?
Speaker 4: Just to show you with Josh in flying that he's the smarter one, Mistakes that are made.
Speaker 2: So he's saying that you're not the smarter one, and that he can't admit that you're the smarter one because he's actually got evidence that you certainly not.
Speaker 5: But he doesn't know about the situation in Sydney Airport.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 6: So Sydney Airport's become a quiet airport after COVID quite Yeah, they don't do announcements anymore. The safety blanket of them calling your name out, which I've always had, has it's changed.
Speaker 2: So you rely on the call.
Speaker 5: Well, it's there as a safety blanket.
Speaker 2: You're at Sydney airport. You've had a few too many drinks. What did you fall asleep?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Just didn't check the time you were hoping, they would say, mister moss Gate forty five.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought that was always a last resort safety k.
Speaker 2: And is it something you would normally rely on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so this is wearing thinner and thinner, this little post apology post. Okay, so you want a public apology from him on handbags.
Speaker 4: Because he was blaming me for to blame flying into Avalon.
Speaker 2: Why are you blaming him for flying into Avalon?
Speaker 6: Well, if I was in Michael's shoes and I knew that someone hadn't been to Melbourne for a long time, I would just say friendly reminder, you know, makes you go to right airport? Like if if me and you were at the beach Gina, I would say friendly reminder sunscreen, We've got to protect ourselves from the sun.
Speaker 5: Like just a gentle reminder.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, were you flying to Melbourne or Geelong? That's the question, all right, So Michael, you wanted a public apology on handbags for Josh blaming you for flying into Avalon. Correct, And you've you've run the polls. Seventy percent think Josh is to blame. What do you think about that? Do you think that's fair enough?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Tell me why I need to be persuaded, because I'm not.
Speaker 5: How do we know the quality of the thinking of the vote?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I want to know what do you think if seventy percent believe you are to blame for your own error? Do you agree with that?
Speaker 5: No? I believe if I can.
Speaker 2: You don't think you're responsible for your own error?
Speaker 5: No? No, I don't. Okay, I'm really standing by that.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what about you, Michael?
Speaker 4: I feel Josh is responsible for his own error, much like the eleven hundred people that's voted in.
Speaker 2: Eleven hundred people.
Speaker 4: Yes, as you can see by the evidence on Instagram. Legitimate.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not sure I'm buying that one. All Right, I've heard enough. I'm just going to take a moment to deliberate, and I will come back with my decision.
Speaker 3: Judge Gina is deliberating and will soon hand down her verdict. Please do not leave the courtroom.
Speaker 2: So, Michael, your claim today is that you would like a pubublic apology on handbags your podcast for Josh blaming you for flying into Avalon Airport. And you'd also like him to post a shot from a photo shoot from about four or five years ago where he's in his underwear on the Instagram page for your Handbag podcast. Now, Josh, what you would like to happen today is you're not claiming any money or the compensation for any of you ubers. But what you would like is for Michael to post an apology for ever doubting your intelligence, and you would like him to admit that you are the smarter out of the two of you. And you'd also like a massart voucher for eighty dollars. So Josh, all right, So my decision is that Josh, you will need to make a public apology on Handbags for blaming Michael for flying into Avalon. In terms of posting a photo from a photo shoot four or five years ago, I say that that is entirely irrelevant and does not amount to any form of compensation or retribution. So that's denied.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling a little bit disappointed about today's outcome. I feel like there was a little bit of magic dust sprayed by Michael on Gina, and I'm bitterly disappointed.
Speaker 4: I feel great about today's outcome. I feel like the truth is out there. Gina was on my side, and Josh can finally admit that he was at fault in this situation.
Speaker 5: I don't think that I got a fair trial.
Speaker 6: I think that Michael has incorporated some sort of hypnotism or some sort of word trickery to get Gina to come on his side.
Speaker 4: I was concerned at the start of the trial. I felt like I was being grilled, but towards the end I could see Judge Gina. She was starting to come around understand where I was coming from, and I feel she made the right decision in the end. Although I would have really liked to post a photo shoot of Josh.
Speaker 6: I don't think that our disagreement has been settled once and for all. I feel like we may need a retrial and get some new information brought up.
Speaker 4: I don't think this will have a large effect on my relationship with Josh. He's been wrong many times before and he's been able to own up to it. It's just another one of those situations where he has to get rid of that ego and understand that he did make the wrong decision and he has to be responsible for that. We'll go on as being friends.
Speaker 6: This will definitely affect my relationship with Michael. I just don't know if I can trust him anymore. I don't know where we go to from here, and there's going to be a lot of sleepless nights.
Speaker 3: This has been an iHeart production.