Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order Kerney Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next.
Speaker 1: Generation coming through.
Speaker 2: As this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Business Bible. I'm Victoria Devine, the owner of several successful businesses, and as always I am joined by one of the hardest working side hustlers I know, miss Jess Gricci.
Speaker 4: Hello, I'm so excited at our first Business Bible of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I feel like we're on the same page, Like not only are we excited about the Business Bible, but like I'm wearing a dress with pink and white stripes and you rock on in wearing.
Speaker 4: What Jess coincidentally addressed with pink and white stripes.
Speaker 1: I mean they're both completely different styles. So like we're really diversifying in twenty twenty four, but like Slay, I'd wear that.
Speaker 4: We're on the same wavelength.
Speaker 1: Clearly, I am genuinely so excited because obviously we've got a whole season of content for you. The Business Bible is going to be back every single month on the She's on the Money feed, which I'm really pumped for because it's something I'm so wildly passionate about. But Jess, you and I sat down late last year and we did this massive brainstorming session of like, all right, we want to be really structured about the Business Bible so our listeners and our community are getting the most out of it. We've basically planned the whole year, haven't we. Who are we? No, Like I'm impressed with us, but like I am so excited for the content because I feel like historically we like had a plan, We're like, yep, this is what we want to roll out. But now we're like, we have a whole year ahead of us, Like, think about where people are right now and where they can be in twelve months, and we get to be on that journey and we get to share it, which is exactly why this episode is whys to set yourself up and then track your success because I think sometimes I don't know, people feel a little bit like eky about it because they're like, oh, I don't want to quote track my success? Is that not being full of myself? No, it helps you understand the process and learn and grow and also celebrate. We should be celebrating, And I think I said this in twenty twenty three at some point was the year of celebrating, Yes, but no, this year is now the year of celebrating. So more champagne, more literal celebrations for nothing. I think it'll be really great. But talking about setting yourself up in the new year and actually putting yourself in the best possible position to kick all your business goals is really important for me because I've done a lot of reflection recently on what I want and how that looks. But I feel like everyone listening is in the same I don't know space. We're all motivated, we're already and there's no time like the present. Jests.
Speaker 4: No, if new Year you asked new business plan and strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so excited. Also, the She's on the money team have later this month the whole strategy session where we're going away together, and it's just going to be hopefully obviously I won't be drinking the mauggeraitas, but the past has a really good looking pool. Jest. So how productive we're going to be, but we will try our hardest. In all seriousness though, setting yourself up and actually having tangible ways that we can track and review every single aspect of your business is going to be pivotal to your success. It's also a reflection of your commitment to your business, because if you're not willing to do that, Like, how are we actually able to measure?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right, Jess, let's sit down what happened this month, what works, what didn't work. Let's just be really pragmatic about it so that we can every single day be one percent better. Like, if you're doing that, you're putting your business in the best possible position. But also you individually, so for me, we actually need to be doing this. It's not a oh, it'd be nice if you just trackt your success as well. No, you have to do this. It is a key metric for me. So it's obviously so easy to have an idea and run with it, but as soon as you decide to make this an actual way of making money, we need to see how it's tracking so that we can continue to make money. Yeah, I like, for a business owner, we're not doing it because we want to be earning minimum wage. Let's be honest, We're doing it to create a lifestyle. And like, I look at your content and what you're doing, and every single time you'd post about, you know, being a side hustler and earning additional income, you're like, so I can achieve my best life, or so I can you know, go on a holiday or buy more stuff or do this life in a way that makes the most sense to you. So I feel like tracking things is fun. Also love a spreadsheet, So this is right up my alley. Yes, absolutely, the spreadsheet, queen.
Speaker 4: I feel like as well, tracking and monitoring where you're going is so important because many times personally, I've had a plan and been doing something, and hindsight is always twenty twenty and I get to the end of you know, a year, or the end of you know, a particular goal or a particular project, I go, ah, if I had just adjusted something along the way, I could have got here a lot faster. I could have made things a lot easier. I could have saved a lot of money. Didn't have to be that hard exactly. I could have made my own life so much easier and more straightforward. Let's make it as hard as possible. Life's not hard enough.
Speaker 1: I do that to myself all the time. Why don't you want to do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I think like checking in, tracking those successes and assessing your shortcomings at the same time means that you can really adjust in course correct as you're going, and you know that can theoretically put you further ahead, a.
Speaker 1: Lot faster, one hundred percent, which is exactly why we're going to be giving you. I would say, all these helpful tips and tricks and practical pieces of advice that you can actually start implementing today to keep better track of your business and be more on top of it. And like as I said before, what a better time than January. You know, so first and foremost, you absolutely need to sit down and write your goals. Like earlier this month, at the start of January, I released my best year yet course, and I'm really excited about it because it's something that I am passionate about. As you guys know, I do mood board every year and I sit down and I track my goals and you do two Jess like it's such as she's on the money, girly thing to do. We love it, and a lot of people have, you know, embarked on this journey to create a life that they're really excited about. Some are business owners, some are just individuals from our community. It doesn't matter. But the feedback coming from that is, oh, my gosh, this is the first time I've actually sat down and written down all my goals and it looks really powerful to see it on paper. Or I'd never really thought about it. And when I started writing down my goals, I realized my goals were actually bigger than I thought they were. Or I actually realized my goals weren't as unobtainable because once you have it in paper in front of you, go hold on, it's already in front of me. Now I can create another plan to making these things happen. So I know we've all heard it a million times, like Jess, write down your goals, You're more likely to achieve them. Like literally research says that you are more likely to achieve a goal if you write it down. But it's actually so liberating to do it. So if you're hearing it and being like yeah, okay, no ways, bee you what's the next time? No, no, no, it's actually do that one. Write down your goals. It's obviously all well and good to get your notesap out and say, look, I really want to make money. I want to grow my business. I want to find joy in my job. But like, tell me also how you're actually going to get there, Because if you say I want to make more money this year, like let's look at you and igs if I look at my business and go, yes, I want to make more money this year. You're in charge of partnerships, you'll be like, all right, the you have a number of different income streams, Like what on earth does that actually mean? Are we, you know, doing more partnerships? Are you launching a new course? Are you doing another podcast? Are you going to do more speaking events? What is actually going to grow your business going to have an impact? And you're the same, are you personally going to you know, change your job? Please don't, but like, are you going to change your job? If your plan is to you know, make more money. Are you going to take on more brand partnerships? Are you going to hustle harder in your content creator space? Like what does that actually mean? Because do you want to make more money?
Speaker 4: Everybody does?
Speaker 1: Everybody does, but like, how are you doing that? And that's where we need to introduce We call them the SotM goals, but you can just use smart goals if you want. These are the key to making sure that you have specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time bound goals and when you do this, you are more likely to achieve it. Sounds fluffy, sounds like stuff you've heard before, but like, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm actually trying to get you to use the wheel for the first time, because we all know that we've heard of it. But let's be really honest with ourselves. How many of us have actually dedicated the time to ourselves and to our business to sit down and actually do it? Yess yeah?
Speaker 4: And I think with a business to people fall into the trap of maybe thinking that everything needs to be treated completely differently to the way you would treat things for yourself as an individual, which isn't always the case. Like goal setting for a business, at least for a small business. From my experience, is very similar to goal setting just as an individual human being.
Speaker 1: Because for most people listening to this, let's be honest, you not big corporations. Business is quite personal. Like these goals, you know, even for me, are quite tied up with my wishes and my values and what I want to achieve and the point in life that I'm at right So I think it's super important to be not only writing them down but also giving yourself permission to do that, because how many of us are going to go I really want to do that, but also I need to do my accounting. I really need to do the bookkeeping. I haven't even looked at this payroll thing, or oh I really need to go in and you know, filter through all my emails. I have fifty outstanding emails for you, Like, this is just not the time, do you know what? There's never going to be the right time. Cove out two hours and sit down and dedicate it to your business. Because I can almost guarantee that when you do that, when you write out your goals, when you write out why you want to achieve them and what that actually looks like. Do you know how much more motivated you are going to be to do payroll? Yeah, to actually get all that stuff done so that you can then focus on everything else that's going to go on. Yeah, because like you get your motivation back, you're giving yourself your spark back and to be honest, your business and you deserve that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And having those goals really clearly laid out will then allow us to pull up power we want to get there specifically, which is obviously really important to then achieving them over the course of the next year or five years or however long you kind of want to look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. And obviously it can be really hard to get there. And sometimes if we're writing down a goal, you might feel overwhelmed. But the important thing is if you're writing down a goal and you're feeling overwhelmed by it, good, that doesn't have to be overwhelming. Let's actually just break it down a little bit further. Like Jesse, if you're like, I want to make an extra twenty grand this year, and I'd be like, ooh, that's the big goal, like you sure, and you be like, yep, I do. But then you go, oh, actually that's a lot. Really well, actually, let's break it down. What does that twenty grand look like on a monthly basis? On a weekly basis, is that actually achievable? And you might go, well, actually, yeah, if I can meet this KPI every month, I'll actually achieve that bigger goal. All right, Well, just what do you need to do that? Well, actually, twenty grand is a lot. Maybe I need a few extra hours a week to be able to achieve all right, Well, let's carve those out, like, if the goal is too big, break it into smaller goals that are actually obtainable. And if the goal is something that you go, I've done all of that ve and it doesn't seem to work, all right, well let's reset the goal. Doesn't mean we can't achieve it, Jess. But you might go, all right, well, that twenty grand that I want to make just obviously a really big stab in the dark. Really good GUESTI mate, Maybe instead of saying this year, we go over the next two years and we spread it out. Doesn't mean you can't achieve the goal, but we might change the timeframe to make sure that these things are actually happening. I think it's really important to understand where you're standing and what's going on. But I think once we have our smart goals, we then need to look at KPIs. So KPIs is more of a business term than a personal term, but essentially a KPI is key performance indicator. So I want you to be breaking things down into measurable steps, and these KPIs are going to allow you to track your progress. I would say closer than you would be because like, are you saving Jess? Yes, all right, Well, actually, if we introduce some KPIs, I would be like, all right, on Friday, Jess, I need you to have already transferred that seven dollars eighty or whatever it is to your account to actually achieve this. We have measures in place that are going to help us achieve our goal. So it doesn't matter if it's a number of new clients or revenue growth or an increase in social media followers. Having specific KPIs that are going to help you stay focused on what truly matters is going to mean that you're more likely to achieve it. So if it's like social media, right, social media is so overwhelming and just saying I want more followers, like I want more followers too. Yeah, but that doesn't mean that that's just going to happen because I've set it as a goal. Break it down, Like Jesse and I know how hard it is to create content that's engaging, that actually breaks into a new demographic of people and you get more followers from that. But like, there's a wider strategy there isn't there. Yeah, it's about being consistent, it's about actually creating the content and actually getting ahead. How would you get more followers in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yess yeah, I would start by not listening to every person on TikTok who has their own I feel like there's a real.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you're talking.
Speaker 4: About, a rising of people saying Instagram's not dead in twenty twenty four. You can grow by doing that, I think, Yes, Like listen and learn and take in from lots of sources, but also keep an eye out because a lot of the time these people are like, you can do all of this, and I'm going to teach you in my one on onine coaching cost five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if anyone's listening and that's you, But if that is you, I'm so confused, Like I do some serious snooping. Oh no, I'm a little bit of a creep, right. I get so interested when they're like, Yep, I'm a social media expert. I'm like, are you Yes? I click to your profile and you've got four hundred and fifty followers, and I'm like, okay, norries. Maybe that you've worked in social media for a long time. Yeah, you best believe I've probably looked them up on LinkedIn. Jess. Like when I say I'm a creep, I mean next level. So I look them up and I'm like, you worked in payroll for fifteen years and now you're a social media expert.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to be rude, but like, why am I going to take advice from people who are not in the position I want to be in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I think consuming a lot of free advice is great. Making sure you're looking into anything that you're going to purchase and the credentials of the people that have created it is a big one. But if you want to go on social media, and this is something that we have planned to tackle later this year, so stay tuned for that episode. But I think it's really about finding your authentic community and providing value.
Speaker 1: You Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: So if you look at Shees on the Money, the value that we provide there is education. We provide so much free content to help people save, invest start a business. We're providing that knowledge to help people on my platforms, I'm really providing I think a community space. I think that a big goal for me is just to be a friendly, nice place on the internet. You're an only.
Speaker 1: Nice place in person, so help me that would convert to the internet.
Speaker 4: But I think my value is in I talk a lot about DIY and creating beautiful and.
Speaker 1: You make me feel bad because there's no way I'm going to have trying to do any of that stuff.
Speaker 4: But I want it kind of like showcasing that you can have a life that you want within your means. And you know, it's kind of hard to articulate. Maybe this is something I need to sit down.
Speaker 1: And do you need to do your value proposition Misjussgreen, I do.
Speaker 4: But I think you know, if you want to grow, you really have to find the people that you're speaking to and find how you can give them value. Because just saying I want you to follow me isn't good enough, Like why are they going to follow you?
Speaker 1: And I think consistency is a big one that I fall down on all the time, Like I look at my personal socials and you and I have had this conversation before, Jess, really like just so busy, I don't have time. Yeah, and then you see other people doing so well on social media, and if you really start to break it down, usually the difference between success and not being successful is that consistency. Like they're showing up. They're getting two views, that's fine, but they're showing up, and then over time those two views this four and four is eight and eight is sixteen, and it just compounds out of control because of that consistency in the community that they're building. I'm just like radio silence sometimes and that's not helpful for engagement.
Speaker 4: No, But then that KPI I guess there if we're coming back to what we're you know, kind of outlining people, is maybe I'm.
Speaker 1: In a p every day Victoria, yeah, Or.
Speaker 4: If you're setting a smart goal and you go, oh, well, every day is just not achievable. I'm Victoria Devine and I am doing ten billion at any given time and about to have a child. Let's be realistic. Maybe go Okay, I'm going to post two high quality videos every week.
Speaker 1: In my head because I have unrealistic standards, I'm like, why can't you post every day like everybody else? Everybody else posts every day. Yeah, Vitroia, you are lazy, But that is not the case at all. Let's get back on track and talk about KPIs though, because you're correct, we need to be setting them and actually being realistic about them. But the next thing I want to talk about is, I guess taking the time to develop what I would call a comprehensive business plan that actually outlines your goals, outlines your purpose, your target audience, your marketing strategy, and any finance goals that you have. So regularly revisiting this is actually going to be something that you can do and you're totally allowed to change it. In fact, I want you to revisit it so often that it just gets tweaked every single time, because the more you're revisiting it, the more updated it's becoming, and the more relevant to you and your abilities and what your business is is going to mean that you're more likely to achieve it.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is we're not going to write it in January and then revisit it next January when we review our goals.
Speaker 1: I mean some of you probably do that. That's how I used to do it too.
Speaker 4: Shide it in the bottom of the decks.
Speaker 1: Look the next judgment if that's what you want to do. But that's not helpful. Something that is helpful for me is actually printing it out. I totally understand your note section on your phone might be your best friend, but printing it out, like if you work from home, putting it on the fridge, putting it beside your desk, making sure that it is a visual reminder that these are my goals, and if you're having a bit of a flat day looking at it and going, well, actually, that's pretty cool, Like I am on the path to doing this. I don't know, Jess. Did you see recently that the Stanley CEO was actually talking about how they didn't change their product but only their target audience for their cups.
Speaker 4: Well, I've seen the videos of people mobbing targets to try get the Valentine's Day edition.
Speaker 1: On TikTok two, and I mean you're sitting here with your Stanley cup in front of you. I have a Stanley cup and we're just Stanley Cup girlies. I love it. But isn't it interesting that that cup existed literally years and years and years ago. We weren't interested in it. No, they just targeted different demographics. And yeah, once females started getting on board with the Stanley cup, Jess, you know the Troe hold. Do you know there are people in the US. There's probably people in Australia, but it's such an American thing that collect Stanley cups, Like they have every single color and they have these like shelves in their houses, hundreds of Stanley cups on their wall. I mean, I don't even know how you would use one a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just had my wife. It just comes with me everywhere. Same.
Speaker 1: In fact, my husband got one for Christmas because I'm a nice wife. But that's what I like and I buy presents. That makes sense. But as soon as females started getting on board their product, they obviously had to pivot and change their target audience and marketing. But do you know now the hashtag Stanley cup? Right, Stanley, if you go back years and years and years was a thermos flask that my dad.
Speaker 4: The original target market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Trad's and dads and picnic where people.
Speaker 4: And they made them pastel and.
Speaker 1: And now the hashtag Stanley Cup has over six point eight billion views on TikTok and according to figures that Stanley shared with C and BC, Stanley's annual sales for twenty twenty three projected to be seven hundred and fifty millions.
Speaker 4: My god, that's crazy for such a like low cost item. It is expensive for a cup, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: It's a very expensive cup, but also undred and fifty million Jessic cup, Yeah, divided by sixties a lot of Stanley Cup speed absolutely blows my mind, especially because I can vividly remember my dad's green Stanley. It was like a thermos and it had stackable cups on top and if we went to the footy, all went to any type of like sporting event or picnic or whatever, like Dad would put tea or hot water in it and then we would have tea at the event. And that's not the target demographic anymore, is there?
Speaker 4: No, not at all. I think it's such a good example of how you don't necessarily have to change everything that you're doing. But if you change the audience that you're speaking to, or you adjust your strategy a little bit. I would love to have been a fly on the wall of whatever conversation it was that prompted this change where someone in some meeting somewhere said, what about the girlies?
Speaker 1: What about the girlies who want to carry around basically one liter with a sippy straw. I've never drunk my water in my life. It's the best thing ever. You know what, maybe we've been brainwashed by them, But let's go to a really quick break, probably fill up our Stanley cups, and there are going to be a heap of other tips and tricks on the other side of this episode, So don't go anywhere, guys.
Speaker 4: Already VD we are back and we have chatted about setting smart goals, organizing and creating a nicely detailed business plan. And I think I might know what's coming next.
Speaker 1: Will you run the show?
Speaker 4: We need to chat about the cash, don't we money? Money, money, can't run a business without it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, of course, and you know I'm going to tell everybody to get a very sexy spreadsheet to track those finances. But if you're at the stage where you can get some accounting software. I one hundred million, ten thousand percent would recommend getting it because it is going to change your life and save you so much time. Like I don't know if you know how obsessed I am with Zero. You do because I always print off the reports and I'm using them for everything and I'm snooping on my own business. It just makes sense and it blew my mind. How you know, I've obviously used a number of different softwares over time, just currently using Zero, But my business started on a spreadsheet because it was free. I had no money, yes, Like it made no sense to be paying for accounting software when I hadn't even made a sale yet or hadn't even attracted a proper client yet. So like, I get it. We all start somewhere, we graduate. If that's within your breadth, go for it. But all so, if you're still in that side hustle stage, you need to get on my favorite platform ever, Excel, and start taking control of your finances and set yourself up with some form of finance tracker, like not just you going through and being like, oh, January, I made X, Like we want as much detail as possible and if you have the capability putting in some graphs and some charts that actually show it to you visually so that you can go, ah, that makes sense, or this makes sense, or that does this and that and the other. So I think it's really important to have your finger on the pulse. And obviously I am in the process of making a finance tracker that you guys can download and use on Excel, and I think that that would be really helpful. But honestly, you can also make your own. Yeah, it's not too hard. And if you even just go into Excel and try and open a new project, it will give you a heap of templates that might be really helpful. So those are literally free right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you don't have a Microsoft suite, I think Google Sheets is really sheet and there's a lot of If you Google, you'll probably be able to find that they have a lot of their own templates that you can use to There.
Speaker 1: Are so many out there, but you need to find one. And I guess the summary of this part of the conversation Jess is there is no excuse to not track your finances. It is so important and burying your head in the sound about money in a business is a.
Speaker 5: Fast track too failure. Yeah, no, dramatic, but it's definitely true. I'm going to go home this afternoon. I'm going to have a little tweak of my own spreadsheet that I have for all of my side hustle income to make sure that I know exactly what I'm doing for this year.
Speaker 4: Absolutely a little creepy creepy, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Don't sound creepy, doesn't it. But I'm like, oh, you make us spread cheek, Can I have fun?
Speaker 4: Like, let me get in on that hot hot action.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually funny that you should say that and that you're going to get on that asap, because we actually need to have the conversation. My next point that I've written down that I wanted to talk about is that we always need to continue to grow and develop. So it doesn't matter what industry we are in, whether you are in content creation like you Jess, or you have dress high like you do so much stuff it blows my mind, Like I do I need a nap thinking about what you do? But like you do content creation, but you could also be creating a really cute product for sale at a market, or you could be doing some I don't know casual babysitting, but often the needs and trends in your industry are fluid and they change a lot, and you need to track what you're doing so that you can make sure that you're on the right path and things are working out. And I guess I cannot describe how many webinars and workshops and working events I was going to when Zella was really small, because I just one genuinely don't believe that you can ever stop learning. And the second that you think that you know everything, you are destined for failure. Like if you think you know everything, get in the bin. But also if you think that you're the smartest person in the room, time to find a new room. Like that's not a good place to be and it is not a flex Like I'm always like, Jess, I don't know what I'm doing here. Find out, let's work it out. But the reality is right, if you're not ahead, you're actually staying behind. So staying on top of like what your industry demands and what other people are doing and what your customers are looking for is really important. Like you know, I always say, Jess, put your blinkers on, like, don't compare yourself to others. Sometimes it's actually really important to sit down and be like, all right, well, what's my competition doing, what are they selling, where are they marketing? You know, what's their target audience? You know, what are their consumers commenting on their tiktoks on their instagrams? Are those the types of conversations I want to be eliciting in my community. We're not copying them, We're just making sure that we are always having our finger on the pulse. Yeah, of course I do that for my own businesses. Like as much as sometimes I'm like I can't be bothered with this, sometimes I'm like, oh, I probably should read through their comments and see the types of you know, things that people are asking for and demanding, because that is market research. Yes, that is really really important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it helps you to be constantly growing and developing and looking at other people and looking at other changes in the industry or things that you could bring into your business or ways that you could do them. I guess it gives you the opportunity to stay excited, I engaged, and keeps things fresh, which is really important. And I guess that's where getting feedback as you were saying from your clients, or your community online or just even the people around you can be super helpful.
Speaker 1: Feedback is critical, Like sometimes I don't like caring feedback. I think feedback can sometimes say and I've said this in the office before, I'm like, hey, Jess, you can give me feedback, But what I mean by getting feedback is that you can pat me and tell me that I bring and I did a good job. Yeah, And you're like, oh, that's the type of feedback you're after, is it? However, the negative stuff is actually the stuff that builds your business and helps you grow and be better. And you know, no one likes negative feedback, but see it as an opportunity to change and pivot. Like, Jess, you sell a lot of stuff on deepop. If you've got a four star on deepop and it said, ah, my only critique is like shipping was a bit slow. What would you do? How would that work? Like I know you, and you one hundred percent would be like, all right, well I just have to get better at shipping. Yeah, like the most important thing. That's the easy fix. But like you'd be probably pretty salty at the fourth story if.
Speaker 4: You'd be it's had I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You'd be like the Audacity, Do they not understand that it was us?
Speaker 4: Posts like I'd probably go to But that's okay, that's all right.
Speaker 1: What you need to do is make sure that you're actually taking the feedback seriously and also Jess, tracking it so that we can use these as indicators of success and of being better in business. Don't bury your head in the sand. If someone is giving you feedback and saying this doesn't work or this is not my style, or you know, you're getting some feedback that makes you uncomfortable, that's when we need to step up even more and track it even more instead of bearing our head in the sand. Because if you just bury your head in the sand, it's going to be an ongoing problem. Yeah, Like you and I have both worked in corporate before, Jess, and we all know someone who gets consistent feedback and ignores it and is still just a little trash demon. Don't be that guy. Don't be that guy. We aren't being hash demons. So I think it's obviously important, but also let's remember that feedback is mostly not given maliciously. Genuinely. People want to help more often than not, they're not like, oh, like jess As shipping was awful. They're like, oh, it would have been so good if this was just a bit earlier. That is a change point. That is a good thing. I think assuming the best of people is what I prefer to do.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: It makes giving and getting feedback much easier because you go, they just want to help me. That's so nice as suppose to what you're talking smack about. Excuse me, but look at it and see how you could implement that into your business. And I think that, Yeah, feedback we always say is a gift. There's so many quotes on it. It doesn't feel like a gift, but I PROMI yes, the gift is the business success. If you actually implement something off the back of getting feedback. Yeah, don't tell me that a negative thing is a gift. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think as well, you should remember that if you do receive some feedback and you do make a change, that's a success point. Like instead of looking at it as a failure and going, oh, like, people don't like this thing, if you can take the feedback on board and rejig it to solve the problem, I would argue that's a success.
Speaker 1: That is a great success. I always say in our business, there's no such thing as a failure. Like something is either a blessing or a lesson. If it was a blessing, great, Like it all went well, we did really well. Just let's hi five ourselves, Like we knew that the thing we're going to implement work, and to be honest, that was why we did it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't work, it is a lesson. What are we learning from it? What are we taking from that so that we can be in the best possible position moving forward, so that doesn't happen again. Yeah, like you've just learned something great, it's something that didn't work. What is going to work? How does that work?
Speaker 4: I think it's so important to remember that success isn't a straight line, and it involves being agile and being willing to adapt. And as long as you're working towards your goals, the way that you get there isn't as important as the fact that you are staying on track and you're reassessing and you're navigating towards whatever that north star is for you.
Speaker 1: And I think it's important to remember that success isn't a destination. Like to me, I feel incredibly successful right now, and I am not in the position that I was historically. Like, if you wrote down on paper, VI, what did you used to earn when you were a full time financial advisor and content creator? I earned way more. Yeah, But if you now look at it, I go, oh, my gosh, I have the lifestyle that I've always dreamed of, like my husband and I get to go for walk every morning, and like, these indicators of success to me look very different. So I think comparing success doesn't make any sense because obviously I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm about to have my first baby, and this is all I've ever wanted. If you're in that position, es, you'd be like, what the hell? I have messed up really bad, feel like this is not what I wanted at all. So I think looking at success and looking at you know, the fact that it's not a straight line but it's also a journey is really important because I think all the time we go, well, when I'm successful, what's that mean, Jess, what do you mean when you're successful? Because if I look across the table, I go, she's really successful, and everyone looking in is saying that you're really successful. How do we actually not only measure that, but also give ourselves permission to celebrate the journey. You don't have to be a multimillion dollar business to be successful. Like, what does it actually mean? So I think you know obviously, if you take all the tips we've chatted about, you'll be able to keep on top of your business and actually put yourself in the best possible position to create I would say, a really good income stream for your business or your side hustle, or even take your side hustle to being a full time gig if that's what you want to do. But like this year, jess I reckon is about having our best year yet, and like, get on these things so that you can set yourself up for success.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a great twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Everybody, no the rules, it's twenty twenty For the plot, Jessica, Oh, I love it so iconic. All right, let's go. Unfortunately, that is all we have time for today. We will see you on the next episode of the Business Bible.
Speaker 3: Bye Bye, Bid Buy shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of money sheirper pty Ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight a f s L four five one two eight nine