Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reloaded podcast last week. I'm I, how would I describe a television set oh Man action from a headline grabbing point of view?
Speaker 2: The hack producer me says one hundred percent put him in.
Speaker 1: Thanks your welcome back guys to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris and on this podcast, I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great questions. The show's about the game. There's a lot of great television out there in Australia.
Speaker 1: But I've also got to go behind the scenes with writers. The truth is, when I started writing it, it wasn't had nothing to do with the news and casting agents.
Speaker 2: They know from a casting point of view what they need.
Speaker 1: And editors because that's what we do as editors where storytellers. Not to forget some incredible executive producers who are making some of the best TV in Australia.
Speaker 3: I have been on the program since the beginning and it's kind of in my DNA.
Speaker 1: So thanks for joining me each week and I hope the podcast continues to give you real insight into the magic of television today. On the podcast, I have one of my favorite housewives from the latest series of the Real Housewives of Melbourne, it's Simone Elliott. We have come to the end of yet another series with only the finale left. As we as an audience have well and truly picked our sides over the most explosive divide ever seen on the Melbourne franchise. Simona's laughed, cried and stood up for herself and one over the fashion world of Australian audiences. The blonde bombshell has walked away with legions of fans and if there's to be another series, already audiences are begging for her return. We talk tantrums, female relationships and all the inside goss from behind the scenes of this year's drama. I actually can't believe how much tea this housewife managed to spill. I think it has to be a record. However, let's get started with today's episode. I'd like to welcome Simone Elliott to this week's TV reload.
Speaker 2: I think I was able to maintain Extackley, who I was.
Speaker 3: Kick your standards high and your stiletto's higher. The cameras don't lie. Everything that comes out of your mouth is what you say.
Speaker 4: It's been a long time since we followed the lives of our Melbourne housewives.
Speaker 2: I'm not naturally a confrontational person.
Speaker 4: Four new ladies arrived to shake things up.
Speaker 3: I don't hold anything against these girls, even though they've said some horrendous things.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that conversation did not happen.
Speaker 3: I can't confirm what's happened with her from a contractual perspective.
Speaker 1: Hi, Simone, how are you.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm very good. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on surviving your first series of housewives.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It certainly has been a wild rush and sometimes I don't even know how to explain it.
Speaker 2: It certainly has been an interesting experience.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no preparation for really doing reality television. But when I met you at the launch, so you hadn't filmed anything yet, I really thought you had the biggest X factor out of all of the new girls. But do you remember what you said to me?
Speaker 3: No, I was like a deer in headlines that day because I remember getting up on stage and I was like, oh my god, the entire room for the media. I'm not media trained, I'm not an actress. I haven't been to nighter and I thought, my god, like I present for work. But that's a business environment, right, So you'll have to tell me. I have no idea what I said to you.
Speaker 1: You were going to be talking business and real things, and you're going to be real on the show, and that you won't get caught up in any of the gossip. That was what you said. How do you think you went with that?
Speaker 3: Look I'm looking back on, I think the main bulk of the episodes, I think I was able to maintain exactly who I was, which I think is really interesting because a lot of the girls go, I've been edited or reality TV is and what you think it is. I think it's a really interesting self reflection on yourself because the cameras don't lie.
Speaker 2: Everything that comes out of your mouth is what you say.
Speaker 3: And so I was represented exactly how I am in my life. Like I cried, I stood up for myself when I needed to. I shut the hell up when I needed to. But in terms of the drama, I mean, I'm not naturally a confrontational person, like I know, going for a fight. I won't meet you and judge you and fight you. However, given the circumstances, I will stand up for myself and I will stand up for the people around me that I think if the situation requires it. My thoughts on Cherry at this point is I need to understand why she behaved and erupted so emotionally yesterday or was there other things that were actually driving her to behave in such an extreme manner and cry and leave the table or did I just really piss her off? So that was one of the things when I joined Housewives, you know, they put you through all these rigorous conversations and interviews and they said, you have to have a backbone. You can't come into this group of women and just be like, Ah, I can't do this. You have to be able to say your peace, otherwise you just you're not going to survive.
Speaker 1: It is very much a mirror and for a lot of people going on telling they have a disconnect like how people perceive them, and so they say, oh, the edit was really weird. But what they don't realize is that's who they really are in real life, and.
Speaker 2: That was what's really interesting.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't matter what your close girlfriends think of you, or your bestie loves you to death. At the end of the day, what you represent is entirely up to the fans and the viewers of the show, and they're going to make their opinions on you based on how you behave and how you respond to certain conversations. And I just think the psychology of the dynamics that in itself I found really extraordinary, because on my day to day I probably deal with men more than I do with women, and so that dynamic of women and the way they speak to each other, all, particularly these scrupule women. I'm literally in shock about the way that they conduct themselves and speak to each other.
Speaker 1: How much of the experience was like what you thought it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Like I used to watch all the franchises, so you know, I used to watch Melbourne, I watched the Sydney one, which was a car crash. I've watched Beverly Hills probably since the beginning. So I walked into this with my eyes wide open. I knew that it was extremely polarizing. I knew that there was going to be arguments, one hundred percent. You can't put that many different personalities in an enfined environment and not expect sparks to buy. Having said that, there were so many times that I was extremely nervous and I think in the early days, I don't know if you picked up on that, but I'd go into situations I thought, my god, these women, the way they're firing up. It made me anxious and made me anxious at the level of that these conversations went to and the insults that were being thrown at me. You know, a lot of the time i'd come to a situation I was trying to be quite level headed, and then some of the girls were just throwing insults at me, and like, did I ever put you down? Did I discredit you? Did I ever pick on what you look like? Or you'll figure? Or I've been called everything from the barbie to shallow else has been in there. Oh, she studied in MBA, but you know she must have had memory loss. So I'm like, I have never ever attacked a woman on their you know, their intelligence, their figure, what they wear, their weight, And yet those topics were certainly quite prevalent through the film.
Speaker 5: What she's on about is so ridiculous and so minute and so vapid that if I were to apologize, it's rewarding her shallowness.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I interviewed the executive producers of the show just before the show launched, and one of the ladies was talking to me and said, you had the best fashion this year, so that's a good thing. But also she said that you took probably the longest to warm up, that there was a sense of hesitation with the way in which you were to begin with. Is that sort of how is that how it was for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there was a couple of reasons for that.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't go into this going I want to be the famous one.
Speaker 2: I want to be Gina. I want to take over, and I.
Speaker 3: Think if you watch they are some of the other girls, I think that's what they were after.
Speaker 2: And she was so iconic.
Speaker 3: When Gina was retiring and then I was announced, I thought, oh god, pressure because she was such a loved being character. So I never went into this going I want to be the star. I thought, I've got to learn the ropes. I've got to learn from Janet Gamble and Jackie, and this is my year to really understand how it works.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of the first thing my apprehensions.
Speaker 3: I probably think early on when I was filming, was at a corporate career, a senior management level, and I don't want people to think that I'm this psycho crazy bitch because I've got to manage people, I've got to manage budgets. And I was very early on I was very conscious about my behavior given that the job I have in the background. So there was that, and then the final part of it was I had just gone through a horrendous breakup pretty much a week before I met you guys at the Megna launch, and it was seven and a half years of my life and I was engaged, and the flow on effect of that has actually hit me most of this year. And whilst I was kind of presenting a very polished version of myself and I dialed up the fashion and the looks, in the background, I was grieving the breakdown of that and everything that went with it. So there were moments like if you look at the graduation dinner when Angelie was being extremely rude to me and condescending, and you watched my face and I've got this a lot of emotion. I'm watching myself back and I'm like, I look so disappointed and so upset.
Speaker 5: What do I eat an apology for my Dollie.
Speaker 3: That whole situation between Cherry and I would have been alleviated. If I had a chance to speak to Cherry and I didn't get a chance to do that.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I like prostrate on the ground before us. The mood.
Speaker 3: Not only was I dealing with that situation, but in the background, I was dealing with colored relationship stuff as well. So I was watching my face back and say, oh my god, that's so comes through on screen just this look. Oh my god, I'm dealing with this woman who refuses to apologize. Yet in the background, I'm dealing with a whole lot of other emotional baggage.
Speaker 1: But at the same time that once you eased into it, your emotions and your reactions earnest and honestly was what resonated with the audience. Relaxing into yourself became what people loved you for. I guess it is a little bit of that sort of teething process. I have to ask, how did you get cast? Because I'd heard that you were nearly cast in that ill fated series. You know, you were quite close to being a part of that cast, and then something something must have happened. Why weren't you in that original lineup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I've been talking, probably talking to these guys for a while there. There's a lot of things that happened in my relationship back in twenty nineteen, and I probably didn't have the confidence to put myself out there. That's twenty twenty one now, and now I've got probably more confidence to put myself out there and take on challenges that I didn't do before.
Speaker 1: So if they roll into series six, which is what people were talking about now that you know there might be a series six, are you already attached or are you looking forward to doing it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What can you say about a possible series six for you?
Speaker 3: You know, despite what some of the other girls have been saying, and I say this with absolute honesty, I had a really good experience with the cast and crew of Housewives. I had a ball, you know. It took me out of my comfort zone. It pushed me into areas on screen that I probably wouldn't have done before. I had so much fun with my glam team on the looks. We were curating everything for everything.
Speaker 2: I had my hair chopped off to here, I had it down my back like I had a ball, right.
Speaker 3: I think if I did get cast to come back for next year, all that baggage side of my life is can't park now, so I'll be able to open up more and share more about who I am in my life, which would be great. I have so many women reach out to me after showing the charity work I do with Fit of Work, saying so more and how do you do it all?
Speaker 2: You're such an inspiration.
Speaker 3: You've got the kids, you've been studying, you've got your full on work and you seem to sort of pulled together. I really want to continue on that theme and show like a positive role model for women in Australia that you can do it all.
Speaker 2: You just can't do it all at the same time, and you don't need to be a me.
Speaker 1: You don't have to pull people aside and make comments about people that you don't know very well. I mean, that was the thing that was strange for me, and the backlash again some of the other women because of that, I think has been the real reason as to why they've had a bad time on the show. Like, you can't go to a party and act like a fool and then play the victim afterwards. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 3: A hand grenade's thrown and then I'm out of here. You know. It was like a stand up say your piece and own it and back yourself and you know what, and if you have to, if you have to say you've done the wrong thing, just say it.
Speaker 1: People are forgiving, you know. I've heard that the reunion is canceled and that we won't see a reunion that we have seen in previous seasons. What's happening with the reunion? Is it happening?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, but I've got things to say, so replays have Maybe we can organize our own if it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we should. I think we'll get all the girls together. But has Foxtel told you is there going to be a reunion? So there's nothing in the calendar for you.
Speaker 2: I can tell you. Now, let me let me tell you what it's like working this on the show.
Speaker 3: Half the time I get in the car, I get told to be dressed a certain way, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Telling you where you're going.
Speaker 3: And I'm not someone that I'm quite organized, and I don't deal with this very well.
Speaker 2: So half the time I don't even know where I'm going.
Speaker 3: What I'm walking into. You'll probably find out before me.
Speaker 1: Who do you think was the biggest drama Queen because now that I've finished it, you know, we've got the finale coming up this week. But I kind of feel like Kyler has come across like the villain of the series, Like, who do you think is the biggest drama Queen was?
Speaker 3: Kyla had no problem inserting herself into conversations, and even when I kind of said to her, you should back out of this one, she just got this. When you spend time with her, she got this high need for control, and I think she has it in her personal life.
Speaker 2: She had definitely had it in this show. I mean, you saw her with the mixologist at the fling this weekend.
Speaker 3: She was right in there, She's telling the bloke what to do, and I'm like, she really wanted to be part of these conversations.
Speaker 2: But she also kind of directed the narrative with some of the girls as well. It was interesting for her to be around because she's actually a really fun girl.
Speaker 3: She's actually really fun to be around, but she's also got this high need for control, so she was definitely in control of.
Speaker 2: The drama this season.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jackie was heavily pregnant and had psiotica, so we had to keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: Her and make sure that she was calm.
Speaker 3: You know, she's carrying twins, and Gamble's just hilarious. She just makes fun and large of everything that happens.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I suppose.
Speaker 3: And then you've got Gannett, who's an absolute professional, Like she's just like this, Like I think she even said, this is not my first radio so she knows how to handle herself in certain situation. She's Yeah, she's incredible to watch. She just nails it every time. But yeah, I think, Look, Kyler definitely takes the trophy. She had no problem getting herself right.
Speaker 2: The Miller things, you know, the blogs.
Speaker 1: That were released, you know, which became a part of the show. The blogs came out and it said that there was a story that Janet had thrown Kyla under the bus.
Speaker 3: Janet brings up a number of social media posts the bloggers have written this season.
Speaker 4: Janet stoops to a whole new low, spreading and using a painful moment of Kyla's past against her. It all comes to a head in Port Douglas. It hasn't gotten any better.
Speaker 1: The rumor that went out on this blog was so wrong to what was happening in real time and in real life. Why was everyone so quick to say that Kyler or Angelie or Cherry had dropped that into the media. Might have just been possible that that person who loves the housewives just made it up.
Speaker 3: I didn't really do all the background research on all these because it all just blew up into this conversation. I actually couldn't make sense of them, like, so, who's posting this and was it a real account.
Speaker 2: And who was behind and who spoke to who?
Speaker 3: And an induck in me, it got so frivolous and so muddy waters. I was just like, I haven't got time to insert myself into this drama because she said this, and she said that, and why did she say about this?
Speaker 2: And who set it up? And whose account was it? And I was like, in the end, I was just pushing involved in it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The weird thing was, I thought Angelie was actually really funny.
Speaker 5: So I'm obviously thinks I have thrown her under the bus. But no, Cherry has thrown me under the bus. And that is very difficult for somebody who does not do public transport.
Speaker 1: Like on her pieces to camera and how she came across on the show, she certainly did go in there, probably, you know, with a few porky piles under her belt. But do you think it was really in the end Cherry and Kyla that probably gaslighted her out of the show, Because, I mean, I think that's what Gamble's now been saying in the media.
Speaker 3: So I agree with you that I think from a character perspective that I think Angelie's personality was very wisty.
Speaker 2: She thinks on the fly.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't spend a lot of time with her, to be quite frank with her, I never filmed with her one on one. We actually didn't get to spend a lot of time together. So I found that quite interesting that she was quite insulting towards me, yet that I really didn't get a chance to talk to her that much.
Speaker 1: I watched that whole scenario, and maybe the anxiety about worrying about what people were going to say about her and her situation made her then project that onto you guys. Do you think that that's fair to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a fair call, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think her career in terms of being a journalist and reality television are two completely different worlds, and for me, not coming from a media background.
Speaker 2: I just went in there and just went, Okay, we'll just get this a shot.
Speaker 3: But she has a very you know, that would be a very controlled environment that she would work in. She know what she was going to say, she knew what she was going to present, and even though she's had that media experience, putting yourself in that environment with those women probably wasn't the right connection for her.
Speaker 1: Even at the start when she went to one of their press days, you know, she wore an outfit that was so I think picked for her and she was uncomfortable with. And then she asked, the media, don't put photos like that up. But it doesn't work like that, Like the media doesn't work like that. Those promo photos are out there, and then for you to try and control that was just really awkward. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you sign up and you're basically putting your life in the hands of production, and you've got to take and I knew this from the beginning.
Speaker 2: You've got to take the good, the band, and the ugly.
Speaker 3: And you know, a lot of my friends would say to me, are you ready for what's about to happen? Simon, and there's going to be people in Australia they're just going to look at you and they're.
Speaker 2: Going to hate you.
Speaker 3: And I said, you know, I'm willing to take that chance because I'm just going to be myself. I'm going to represent who I am and if there's a small proportion of people that decigne not to like me, then I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: What did you know about Angelie's fake home situation while filming was happening, Because there's no problem in the world. And I know for a fact that Janet through the first series, in the second series, she was living in a house that was set up basically by production and there was no one ever dug her out for it, you know, and there was never any issue. So I didn't have a problem with the fact that Angela she could be living in another wadding in a place that costs two hundred bucks a week, and I still would be interested about who she is as a woman and how she interacts socially.
Speaker 3: And hey, good on you for negotiating that and getting that thrown in.
Speaker 2: That's a fabulous bonus.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great. But did you guys know that that's what was happening.
Speaker 3: Like I said to you, I was an absolute guinea pig for the entire series.
Speaker 2: I didn't know any of that. I wasn't told anything.
Speaker 3: I was at I was such a late addition too, right, So I was such a late addition to the group, and I wasn't told anything.
Speaker 2: So I was none the wiser. Actually I had no idea. I was told you.
Speaker 3: I turned up for her house bulling party, was in the pull air. It was fabulous. But then now as all these things started unfolding, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe she should have grabbed the girls and said, hey, this is the situation, this is when I'm doing it. Maybe it would have unfollowed differently if she just kind of been upfront as the filming just when I kind of just had to go along with what was happening. But I had no idea, no one told me anything. I was flying completely goldine.
Speaker 1: And how did you feel when that Daily Mail article came out and they shamed her, Like, you know, that photo came out and you've got to pap outside her home and that narrative was really harshly portray How did that make you feel. I mean, I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel for in that.
Speaker 3: Moment, because I mean, nobody wants that type of publicity at all. No one wants articles like that written about them. But it kind of comes with the territory, doesn't it. Because Daily Mail, for example, is only going.
Speaker 2: To look for it.
Speaker 1: That's the job for the people out there that try and control the narrative with the media. That only gives people more interest in trying to follow you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, well, funny you should say that because I've actually had a pat outside for the last three days. Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like whether you're to get me and my gym year you're going for a run? How exciting?
Speaker 1: Did you ever believe that story? Though? This is what I don't understand. We've got to break this down. So did you ever believe that Janet would break into her house?
Speaker 3: Firstly, I don't think any of the ladies would actually do that. And firstly, and foremostly secondly, you're talking about a very tall building with a reception desk with adoormen with security tags. Anyone that's lived in an apartment building knows that when you get to a lift, you need a fob.
Speaker 2: You need fob to get up to the lift. You need a get in the door.
Speaker 3: So the whole fo story seemed a bit barfaged. There's two points of footage which I went back and watched, which I thought.
Speaker 2: Was really interesting.
Speaker 3: So when Kyler goes to Angelie's apartment and then and talks to her about it and says, you know, did this happen? And Angelie actually says on camera in her Master interview, Kyle has just come over and told me the Janet's broken into my apartment.
Speaker 5: Kyla tells me on the day of my pool party, Janet broke into my apartment to try to discredit me, to try to prove that I'm fooled.
Speaker 3: Because I looked at this footage over the weekend and I was like, oh, okay, so that was actually and for me, you can package it up there, Hobi lying, you can say what you said whatever. But I watched back that footage and Angelie says on camera, kyl has just come over and told me that Janet's broken into my apartment.
Speaker 1: If someone told me that a person I know had broken into my home, I would probably call them before i'd call the police. I mean, I probably wouldn't believe it. I'd be like, oh, that sounds ridiculous, but you'd go.
Speaker 2: And you would have seen that. Yeah, you would have seen that.
Speaker 3: So when Kylie came and saw me at my styling session with Dita and she tells me a story and you watch my face, and I go like, is this believable?
Speaker 6: I haven't said anything to Janet and I don't know what to say, so because it's really big, and Ange's like, seriously, I'm going to talk to the police about this, Like this is.
Speaker 2: When was she in my apartment? Why is she going through my things?
Speaker 3: And then she goes need to say something, I need to say something, and I said, this is not your fight. Angelie can pick up the phone and call Janet. And I sat on that for a week. I didn't even ring Janet. So when people I think Cherry said Simone's ride up Janet's U, I sat on that for seven days. I didn't call anyone. I didn't talk to anyone about a conversation. I wanted to give those girls an opportunity to chat, and that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: I think it's really sad. In the end of the day, I think it's sad though, that that whole situation played itself out, because I think that the series was really had a bit of a groove going on with Angelie, with her one liners, and she was really quite interesting for all of her pitfalls and for maybe saying some not so great things. I'm throwing some hand grenades at you at the start. I just thought it was really disappointing that we didn't get to watch her complete journey. And then it just feels as though some massive porcupies have been told and we've got the finale coming up. Is anyone going to be made accountable for these lies?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I do agree with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a shame she didn't come back and talk to any of the girls because all the information was coming back by Kyla and Cherry, so we didn't get a chance to talk to her. And if I did, my advice would have been, you know, stay to the end, enjoy the experience, turn it around. You've got an opportunity here to recreate what's happened yourself and redirect the narrative. And my advice would have been stayed for the rest of the season and see it play out and see how you.
Speaker 1: Go interestingly enough in the UK with I'm a celebrity to get me out of here. If the contestants walk they don't get paid. So what happens just if you walk off the show? Do you still get your full paycheck?
Speaker 3: I can't confirm what's happened with her from a contractual perspective. I'm not involved in the legalities and that side of things. You'd have to ask one of your executive producers about that one. But it's I don't know what happened with the back end of all administrational legal side of fee.
Speaker 1: Do they say that to you like, I'm sure at some point you probably cried and walked off. I mean I know people that have never never talked off.
Speaker 3: Never, but I never had a fight with the producers and I never walked off set and said I'm done. I was professional from start to the end, and I took the advice. I took it on the tin when I needed to, and I just for me, I just wanted to show up and do a good job. You know, I've got a professional background, so for me, you know, the politics for me isn't isn't an issue. I deal with it in day to day, so if I did something that I was not that I did things out of line, but if in the background side of things, I take take the feedback on you know someone you need to be more this or we want you to do this. I made sure I was on time, I took direction. There was no walkouts from me.
Speaker 1: I would say Janet and Gamble on social media pretending to be hiding in cupboards is definitely my favorite social media post through this season. What was your response to watching those two girls get together and hide in each other's cupboards?
Speaker 3: When you spend time with Gamble and I got to one time with her on the Crane Lane troop.
Speaker 2: She is the wackiest, quirkiest woman that I've ever met my entire life. I think she like, we're on a golf.
Speaker 3: Course, right the golf I'm adhering to the rules and regulations of the golf course. She's on the ground snookering the ball into the hole, and I'm like horrified.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, oh my god, they're gonna be over there in.
Speaker 3: The clubhouse and they're gonna be like, there is this bad woman lying on the grass at the golf course.
Speaker 2: But she would have come up with that.
Speaker 3: She would have grabbed Janet and said, you know, come, I'm going to get you to hide in the carpet.
Speaker 2: She's crazy, but she's great fun. She comes up with the kirkiest stuff.
Speaker 1: Another question I have for you about Cherry's fortieth birthday, This is a good one. Did you notice that Tanya and v on the Block were there? Because like I and are they were they rent a crowd? Or are they legitimately Cherry's best mates?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you watch the Block? I didn't even notice the planets so funny.
Speaker 3: I just drank lots of one and hit the dance floor. I think for the most of the night you didn't even get to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, I just think that you've got the right ingredients for the show. You know what. Aspect of the show, though, do you think makes the Housewives franchise work? Do you think it's more drama or do you think it's more humor.
Speaker 3: I think it's the dynamics between different women's personalities that make it so intriguing to watch, because I've actually watched the show like a goggle Box style with different groups of friends. So I watch it with the gays, who are hilarious. I watch it with my girlfriends, I watch it with the mums from school, and I watch it with my family. So I've had this really interesting viewpoint from so many different angles. One niche I had a group of people. There's about twenty of this. They had so many questions about each of the women, but keep pausing the show, and I didn't get out of there to me, tell me the background on her, what's her deal? What she really liked that in real life? Why did she say that? So it's crazy watching it with groups of people. But I think what makes the show so addictive is you've got where a character right, and that character represents something, and that the women when you get together, You're never going to go to a group of women are all going to get along in.
Speaker 2: Your personal or your private life as well.
Speaker 3: And so when you get those niggarly personalities together and women get jealous of each other, they do, even though they may not show it, it kind of it comes out. Women get competitive, they get bitchy, and they say comments to each other, and all of that combine together and you throw us in with a whole lo of alcohol, bound to be on cray crash.
Speaker 1: But what's happening. Now, Are you talking to all of these women still? Is there anyone that you're not talking to?
Speaker 2: So I actually have stayed in touch with all girls.
Speaker 3: I talked to Jackie for hours on the phone because she's just had two new babies and I'm a mother of two, so I've got lots of tips and tricks to share with her. But she's one of those girls it's like so neutral and she can just give you really good advice.
Speaker 2: So I can talk to Jackie for hours on the phone.
Speaker 3: I was just on the phone to Gamble last night, debriefing on what.
Speaker 2: Did you think? And she's she's a really good soul.
Speaker 3: I've always had her in the background just giving me really really good advice and positive reinforcement when there's been oh shit moments. So I speaking of her last night. I talked to Janet all the time, and I catch up with her for drinks. So I think she's fabulous. She's been like my long laster Auntie. I can be with her and my sixties. I mean, she's in great shape, she's fabulous.
Speaker 2: She's just I think she's great. So I talked to her all the time.
Speaker 3: Funnily enough, even though I've had run ins with Cherry. I still talk talk to Cherry and give her a call and see how she's going at the end of the day. You know, we've produced a show.
Speaker 2: We're all new to it.
Speaker 3: I don't hold anything against these girls, even though they've said some horrendous things, but that's just who I am. Give everybody an opportunity to come good. I still speak, you know, expect Cherry every few days and see how she is and how she's coping with the watching herself back.
Speaker 2: I was spoken to her this morning though, and Kyla. Look the same thing. Kyler as well. I speak her now every now and then touch base and see how she's going.
Speaker 1: So now we're down at the end of the list. Now we're at Angelie. So have you been talking to Angeline.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, Once she left the group, I haven't had any conversations with it.
Speaker 1: It's so so strange because you know, you're a fan of the Real Housewives franchise, so you've seen Lisa vander pump walk off a series and then you kind of would It must be a different experience to watch that as a viewer as what it's like to be in that situation in real life.
Speaker 3: When you're living it and breathing it and you're enish. It's the emotions run high. Yeah, absolutely, And it's weird watching it back because you know you've just filmed it all at Star this year and then it comes out but we don't see it, so we don't see it in advance. We only get to see it like just before the rest of Australia.
Speaker 1: The finale is the best one of the whole series.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's explosive. I just keep telling you I was in it.
Speaker 3: I was in it, and I remember sitting here just going I've witnessed, I witness how these women spect to each other, but I've never seen anything like what this lave one is this It is explosive coming up on the Real Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 6: No, it's not about waking up. It's about you bloody tuning in Rick buying you a new Bloody Sorry why as and your husband buy a new set of tits.
Speaker 3: I beg your fucking pardon.
Speaker 6: Don't you pretend to defend her? No, don't you you sit down because you're no friend of her.
Speaker 3: Just even Walkie at the I mean we were in it, and you know, I remember it quite vividly and it's it's vile.
Speaker 1: I swear. After that dinner, I just felt so stressed for Cherry. The last frame of her as her in absolute tears, and I just was like, and she'd just been told to go and buy a new set of tits or something, and I just was like, oh my god, like I.
Speaker 3: Just However, she did say though, she did say to Gamble she needs to get a new hearing aid.
Speaker 2: So what you know, You're fire it over.
Speaker 1: You're going to get such good television for anyone. This has been a good tease. Let me tell you. You know, there's been some really massive rumors, and the rumors always started by I think the Housewives themselves. But everyone's talking if there's a season six that someone from the original Girls has confirmed that they're coming back. Do you know anything about this? Do you know anything about this?
Speaker 2: No? I get told nothing, but if.
Speaker 1: One of them does come back, because I think that everyone's talking about the need for Lydia to come back, and everyone loves Gina, but I think there's a real like if I could say I loved this series and I loved everything about it, but I did feel I think I felt this is so strange to say. I think I felt the absence of Lydia more than I noticed the absence of Gina, which is bizarre to say. I guess the question that I have to ask you then, is, if any of the OG's come back, who would you just pick one? Who would you like to want to be sitting across the table with.
Speaker 2: I really wanted to meet Gina.
Speaker 3: Actually I thought her and I would the girls say that you and we would get alng Quite well.
Speaker 2: She's an icon and she's iconic to the show, and you know.
Speaker 3: She's so missed, and so I would have loved or just worked with her for one season at least I would have loved to work with her.
Speaker 1: All Right, we've got to wrap this up because we've been talking for far too long. But my last question that I ask all of my guests before they go is what's an amazing story from behind the scenes that we're as an audience would appreciate something we might not know, something that might have happened in the production.
Speaker 3: I can tell you one little funny thing that happened so in Queensland when we went to the lunch under the Waterfall and I have that confrontation with Cherry when she gets all up and about and she starts crying and she says.
Speaker 2: Your shallo is so shallo?
Speaker 3: And I say, well, I've actually got seen the email where you emailed. And I never put this in the media on Twitter or anything, right, okay, because it's just it's such frivolous conversation. But I have seen the email that says, Hi, La La, I'm going to Queensland next week and I'm wondering if you consider dressing me for Queensland.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your time being touched, something to that effect.
Speaker 3: So there was that that she did email them, and then I went through my Instagram with and this, I'm not treating this seriously, so please just flag with just let's take a serious hat off and just go okay, it is what it is. I went through my Instagram and look, let's be honest as a girl with fashion at the moment, if you're going to go and look at something, you're going to go and look at the website. You're going to scroll through their clothes, but you're going to jump on their install and see who's wearing it or what their thing is, and then you.
Speaker 2: Can do a click through your shop. I mean everyone that's tech savvy knows that right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I scrolled through all my install and I've got it, and she's liked all the posts where I'm wearing the label. So when she said I don't follow you, you think I'm obsessed with you, I'm like, I'm not insinuating that you're obsessed with me, but you have seen me wearing the label, and if you go onto you think I'm sised with you. Know, I'm like, you've seen me wearing it, so stop denying it, like just go, yeah I do and I love it. So and then when you go through the actual install of the label, if you looked it up, I'm literally all through it. So say you're looking at the brains at all, Like, if you're going to go and buy a label, right, you're going to go, what are their clothes, what's their shirts, what's their skirts?
Speaker 2: Whatever, I'm gonna jump on, I'm going to stick have a scroll. If you scroll down, I'm all through it.
Speaker 3: So I'm tagged all through it, So you only have to go through the feed to see that I'm actually all over it. So to be like I didn't know anything, Absolute bears and it's actually been like like likened by Cherry.
Speaker 1: But what's happened now? I know that Gamble and Janet call it burning content, so like you can't. You've got to save the drama for the cameras, so like, but how have you not been compelled to just ring her up and to have that conversation on the phone just be like, look, mate, I know that you kind of broke down about this, but you know, all the receipts are here and I've got no issue with it whatsoever. Like I'm the girliest girl that will share fashion tips with you.
Speaker 2: But she liked that.
Speaker 3: Remember when I said, look, you had to just come to me and said, hey.
Speaker 2: I freaking love what you're wearing. Who is this, Diana? That's what I do. I'm like, where is that from? Who's doing your hair? I'm stealing them? You know, I would have that conversation, but will I approach that would? And so you saw that.
Speaker 3: Just now she cried I'm not I'm not laughing. But not only did she cry at lunch, she cried for two days. I was like, Okay, it's happened. It's like I got the list the next day and I get in a lived with her and she won't speaking to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, if we've done what we need to do that she wouldn't spect them.
Speaker 3: We dat in the gym together on the treadmills. In the morning, you're like, warning, how are you hi? This went on going for days.
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to say thank you so much for your contribution to this series of the Real Housewives of Melbourne and if season six is happening, then we're at the top of my list.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here on the podcast today.
Speaker 2: It's just been saying, yeah, thank you, great to chat to you. Absolutely thanks for having me