Speaker 1: Welcome to our first episode of a very outspoken Christmas our summer series for December. Every Thursday in the lead up to Christmas, we will be dropping a special interview episode and today's episode features the one and only Indy Clinton. Now on Tuesdays, it's back to our regular scheduling over summer with a new influencer episode every week. Let's get into the episode with Indy because it's a fun one.
Speaker 2: The Creator of the Year is Indy clar singing an insponsor like post shit, you just like shut the fuck up. You're so friendly and I get it. I think the same all the time. I mean, you want to supportive husband. I've been doing this for eleven years. You knew what he's getting himself into. Everyone on TikTok has said you look like this guy. I definitely see it.
Speaker 1: What is the wildest thing you've read online? That you're just like that is so far from the truth.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is just wild. That for me was a turning point because I was like, holy shit, people really do just make things up. What about Molly mate?
Speaker 1: Do you think she copied your baby names?
Speaker 2: Do you think she did see I keep questioning myself because I'm like, she doesn't know I exist. But I'm also like this lot of the chances I never said to myself, I want to call my kids outrageous, unique names. It's just kind of what I was drawn to. I don't want to birth a greg Or, like you know, like a ste I've been in this game for eleven years, and from every management I've had, I've always been taught never talk on anything ever. Ever, I just be quiet, be quiet. I'm like, why do I have to be quiet for once? Like I've been quiet my whole life on everything. Why do I have to be quiet about this?
Speaker 1: Indie first, Welcome to Outspoken. We were so excited when you said that you would join us because we thought you might hate us because initially when we spoke about you, we spoke about your decease to wear makeup and fake tan when you were giving birth. And I think we got our wires cross because is this something we would totally do as well?
Speaker 2: Totally. I remember when that episode came out and I listened to it. I actually wasn't even offended. It takes a lot for me to hate someone, but yes, I feel like now Cate can understand where I'm coming from when you are pregnant, right, you feel so out of body. You do not feel like yourself. You feel like an alien. You're putting on weight, you're trying not to put on weight. You're like getting hemorrhoids. I mean with soul. I literally had like athurnia in my groin, so it made one side of my vagina bulge. Like I felt disgusting every pregnancy. So honestly, the least I could do to make myself feel better was fake tan, put on some makeup. I don't care if it's going to come off if I'm pushing and I'm sweating, like at least I walk into the hospital feeling hot, and then that's the least I can do. And I just feel, like so many women, I have so much support, but I also had so much negativity, being like, how vain could you really be? I mean your brain and I'm like, what do you mean, I've literally just sacrificed the last nine months growing in human, Like this is the smallest thing I can do for myself.
Speaker 1: Well, family friend, she always says that it's actually more vain to not fake tan and to not wear makeup and think that you look amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm with her, give me her number. I agree. I just think there's so much judgment on women and what they choose to do. And I'm like, honestly, i've just carried this child for nine months. I feel disgusting. I'm going to feel disgusting for postpartum period. I may as well feel good for this short amount of time. But you know, it was funny when I had I think I did too many layers. When I had Navy like a fake tan, I do way too many layers. Because when he came out and I put him on the boo, I'm convinced he had brown like around his mouth from like the sucking and the swear, and I'm like, oh my god, I'm literally poisoning. My newborn child is gone by dads.
Speaker 1: See I'm jealous because I actually had an elective cesara, and I was devastated because they told me I couldn't wear makeup or tan. I was to my partner, I'm like, surely that's not true. Surely I can put it on, and he's like, do not put it on. So I had Sophie rush into the hospital room after Jack was born putting makeup on me, and I was like, I'm so sorry to the midwife.
Speaker 2: This is so embarrassing, but I just did not yet.
Speaker 1: You just feel so gross. Well, poor Kate had a whole load of people waiting in the waiting room as well, Like we were so rude. We came in right after she'd given birth.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you came in straightaway, like we were allowed into the not the birthing sweet what is it that operation?
Speaker 1: Oh no, we didn't go that far. We waited till she was.
Speaker 2: Were like knocking on the door.
Speaker 1: Well basically I got withered out of recovery and they were just like flocked to the hospital bed and I was like, what's going on? It was as well, So yeah, it was, it was. It was beautiful. But yeah, I just I totally understand why you did that. Now, I mean.
Speaker 2: You you're with me. You guys were against me, now you're with me.
Speaker 1: We all learned and grow, don't we.
Speaker 2: Hey, how do you feel having your little boy called Jack? And Justin Bieber and Hayley just call back like you're a trend set of abe.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel like we're you know, very much on the same page now because you are with the unique names and I'm like Jack. Surely no one's really gonna I mean, it is in the top ten, are very popular names.
Speaker 2: It's a good name. It doesn't grow of what I feel.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because I'm pregnant at the moment, and so I feel you about the feeling like shit for all of them. I suppose it's only been fifteen weeks, but I'm already over it.
Speaker 2: But I just wait.
Speaker 1: I want some advice. I found out that I'm having a boy, and your names are so unique for your kids. I feel like I need a bit of inspo from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but unless you like unique names, you're not gonna like mine. Like it's to call your child grass or tree, like come to me. I will give unique names. But do you know what, It's funny because when I before I had kids, I never like, I never said to myself, I want to call my kids outrageous unique names. It's just kind of what I was rawn too. And I've always kind of done what I've always wanted to do, so like it wasn't anything. I think Maybe's name for a girl. He was going to be Banksy, and I thought I was so unique. I was like Banksy, like the artist. And then I started seeing other people, like influencers call their daughters banksy, and I'm like, oh my god, how did you think of that? Like that I thought of that first. So lucky he wasn't a girl but a boy's Name's hard because for me, I wanted to be strong and masculine, but also not like I don't want to birth a greg Or, like you know, like a Steevee, Like I'm not gonna I'm not going to birth a baby, and they'd be like, oh my god, Steve, you beautiful little thing. But yeah, I don't know. I actually have no Oh I wanted hawk. See you know what, Amy, You're not gonna like these names.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am a bit more of a traditional girl, but I like a unique name for the middle name. I'm saying that I did pick Edward, which is a very traditional.
Speaker 2: Name, but I think I was very traditional, I know.
Speaker 1: But with Justin Bieber, he went Jack Blues and I was like, I think it's very cool. Yeah, he needs to.
Speaker 2: The only thing with his name. It kind of reminds me of the cigarettes Winni Blues. Wait, they're the stress, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's something I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Winni Blues I don't know it just but like maybe that's not a thing in America, But I really I do like the name Jack Blues, like it's very justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about because Molly May she seemingly copied your baby name, Bamby. How were you feeling?
Speaker 2: Did see? I keep questioning myself because I'm like, she doesn't know I exist. But I'm also like, what are the chances.
Speaker 1: I think she would because she follows Tammy Hambro, so surely she. I mean, I haven't checked your follower list?
Speaker 2: Has she? Have you looked? I don't think she follows me. I mean, you know what? And I do think it was coincidental because there are names out there. I mean, she thought she was being super original. I thought I was being super original. But I'm a little bit annoyed because now it's going to become this. I didn't watch her on Love Island, but I know I think it's like that whole there's a huge part of the UK that's really like tacking. They're like spirit like that, Like everyone's gonna call their kid bam there. I don't want the fuck Now, I'm not that original. Now that's gonna be every man and the dog's gonna be called Bamby. But no, I actually don't really care that she copied. She's just made it more of a trendy name. But I feel like that's how people probably feel when influencers like think they've discovered something and then actually every other person knows about it, and they get annoyed because they're like, oh, you've ruined everyone. Thank you?
Speaker 1: Do you know what's happened?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: I reckon she was following you, and then when she decided to call her daughter Bamby, was like, shit, I better unfollow Indy.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, yeah, she you know what, I don't even know. I think I take it as flattery. I don't really care if people cough me. The world's too big, Like, am I really think? I really think I'm that original? Probably not? I mean, and Badby is such a cute name. It's cute. I actually compare. I saw the baby's her baby a photo the other day. I'm like, oh, so it doesn't look like a bandby, and I feel like my Bamby does. But I think that's what every kid, every mom thinks about their name, right. It's like, but no, Molly, if you listen to this, I don't really care, but let's put them in the fighting ring.
Speaker 1: Your bamby is so cute. I mean, oh sorry, it probably sounds weird that I've got a parasocial relationship with your children, but she I mean, I'm probably glad that I'm not parenting her, as you're saying, because we were just talking about her waking up very early. But she is just so entertaining and so gorgeous, as are all of your kids. How did you feel when she was only eight months? Sorry, I'm just now doing the math in my head. I'm like, hang on, howse five?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Five months? That must have been an absolute shock.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was an absolute shock, And I actually think about it now because I'm like, oh my god, I do feel now I've kind of come out of it where I can see from a different lens and I'm like, wow, that was a hectic ten months or even more because I I was obviously not on birth control. I was five months postpartum. I was still breastfeeding, and like, I got a lot of comments on my TikTok because I was like, how could I possibly fall pregnant because I hadn't got my period back right, So, like I wasn't bleeding, so in my head, I wasn't ovulating, and I went in for a surgery to get my cim three cells removed, and like you couldn't stick anything up you for two weeks, like no sex, no pad ones, whatever. I was like sweet and literally on that two week mark, we had sex and that's what I conceived. And I was like, and that was a real fuckery because that put me in high risk for the entire pregnancy because my cervix wasn't you meant to wait a year after that surgery because it like shortened your cervix and all those other complications, So I didn't think it was possible for me to fall pregnant. Then I started too, you know, the two with the classic two week weight is when you're like, oh my god, am I pregnant? And I these my period symptoms? And I knew straight away because I get like achy muscles when I'm pregnant, Like in the two weeks that's my first sign is kind of like oh, am I coming down with the flu? Or am I pregnant? And then when I took that test, I was shooketh I don't even know the words to describe I was like, this can't be real. It's funny whenever you take a pregnancy test, your mind goes to a hundred places right like you're excited, then you're like, no, this can't be. Then it's like, wait, what. We don't even ever have sex, how can this be.
Speaker 1: It's a miracle, baby, that's a conception.
Speaker 2: And it was just I was as soon as I took it. I'm very much someone that if a challenge comes to me, I'm like, Okay, we can't go over it, we must go through it. And I just kind of saw it like that. I was like, Okay. There was a few moments where I was like I can't do this, like Bambi's way too young. This isn't what I had planned for my year. And I went back and forth, and then I was like, you know what, I'll get. It was meant to be clearly. It just a little fast swimmer just got up there and that was so And then she was.
Speaker 1: I just loved the video that you filmed telling Ben about it, like your genuine reactions. How did he feel about that going on the internet?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. He was like he's become so good being on the internet. But it was funny because he'd been out for lunch, he'd had a few beers at lunch. He gets home and he's like, no, Like he probably was thinking, what do you mean immaculate conception. There was just no way, because we both knew I hadn't had my period back, and in our heads that was the only way if you're ovulating. But obviously you can ovulate without a period, which is now I've found that out. And he was just he was just as sure. He was probably more worried for me because he knows I don't really enjoy pregnancy. I mean, I love growing a human and I love keeping them safe in me, but like the changes you go through and everything that happens. He was probably like, oh shit, I've just come out of this enough for nine months.
Speaker 1: It's so hard because you were still breastfeeding as well, so you don't even have your body fully back yet.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I don't know. And it was I was lucky though, because Bambi weaned herself at like seven months. Because they say when you become pregnant when you're breastfeeding, the milk changes flavor. It changes flavor, it goes a little bit more salty because of the hormones. So she weaned herself, which was a bit stressful because as we know, she's very defiant. She would not take a bottle or formula and I went through thousands of dollars trying every different bottle and formula and yeah, so she waned herself. But she wasn't a great breastfeeder. She was a bider. I mean it made sense. I looked at it out. I'm like, of course you were. Of course you hit my nipples until they bled every time I beg you.
Speaker 1: On the topic of Ben, I heard on your podcast when you had him on as a guest that he copped a bit of stick at work over being you know, suddenly on your TikTok? Was it true? You had to start blocking his coworkers.
Speaker 2: If that was true? And only this weekend. So I've been doing work on myself and I'm becoming just more at I'm just like, you know what, that's a your issue. So I unblocked them literally two nights ago because I was like, you can, he's kind of become more comfortable. The thing with Ben is he works in real estate in a very male dominated industry where having their wife or someone significant other on social media and putting their life out there is so foreign to these fucking old men, and they just want to talk and talk and talk. And I say fucking old men because I'm so annoyed. He's like, had to. I mean, you want a supportive husband. I've been doing this for eleven years. He knew what he was getting himself into. But like the judgment that goes on, it's like workplace bullying, like he only found out just a few days ago. Like this huge cotton on campaign we did as a family for Christmas, just got cent around a WhatsApp group and like this guy slagging him, and I'm just like, why do you do this? I'm just you know, he's Dan if he do and Dan if you don't. He's supporting his wife and his family. He's doing this on a side, we're making a living, and you still want to drag him. So I have unblocked them, but I'm also like I just don't know how to get them to stop. I'm like, do I need to take things into my own hand and message them. I was like, man, I'll message them, I'll post a story, trust me this, we'll get back to them. Becau was like no, please don't add any more fire. Because the thing is, it's one step forward, two steps back. Like he gets comfortable, he enters himself into this realm of social media. He supports me, he participates and shoots, and people love to see him. He has a great personality and he's fucking hot and he's funny and whatever. And then he sees these things and it makes him want to go back into his shell. So it's just like, and it makes it hard for me because this is my work and this is my life, and this is how we support our family. So then when these people talk, I'm like, you guys got to get with it. It's twenty twenty four. This is a job, this is a career, just because I'm not in a suit selling buildings. But I don't know. I think, I just think. I just I'm like, you guys are so you guys wish that your partners at home could do this and have a jewel income. We're all fucking struggling. We all want more money. You don't need to bring us down for it. But he's happy you.
Speaker 1: Hit the nail on the head. They obviously just don't understand social media. I mean, it's funny because my other sister, Sofa, and I we run a PR business and sometimes we'll have meetings with some of the older gentlemen that we work with and they'll be like, oh, if you've got a podcast, we saw it on daily Mail and we're like, oh God, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: They just don't get it like they I feel it, and they don't realize the extent and how crazy social media can be, and it can it's so powerful. And I'm like, Ben, who does he work for our indy's career? Tell me anybody works for himself.
Speaker 1: I'm just sounds like a lot of jealousy as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it does come down to jealousy as well. And it's just hard because he really comes out of his shell to help support me, and he's trying hard to support me because otherwise it would just cause so much conflict if I felt he was not supportive. And then he acts all this head noise at work and I'm like, Okay, it's not like this man's taking his close off on the internet, like he's literally like it's in our home. I don't know. It's just so foreign to them and they're so narrow minded. They just can't just move on with it, like have another topic of conversation. Is work really that slow? That's what you want to talk about? And like send in your WhatsApp messages, I'll give you something to talk about. Let me turn my top off.
Speaker 1: They call women bitches, but I mean that is just such a bitchy.
Speaker 2: Behavior for me, I know, and it's so and he takes it on so well, Like he didn't want to tell me when he told me yesterday or the day before, he was like, I don't want to tell you because I don't want you to do anything and I don't want you to get on your story and help life.
Speaker 1: He knows me too well.
Speaker 2: He knows me too well. Like anything, if someone says something, I'm like, I'll get on my stories, don't you? Or I got hit.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying though.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 1: That cotton On campaign, you guys killed it. Like we went and bought the pajamas. We bought some for our husbands because we're going to force them to wear them on Christmas Day in the morning. Like you guys. The pajamas are so good as well.
Speaker 2: They're so cute. That was such a fun campaign to shoot. It was like a big family campaign. Now first one we've done. I've done a few shoots with the kids, but I had been involved and it was just but you know the funny thing that like an image you could never tell, but we were. We had to shoot it in the middle of winter in July, and Bamby all my kids had like influenza, a like if you have kids, you know, it's the worst type of sickness they can have. They were so sick. Bamby had just come out of it, so she was like on the last day with more energy, but Navy was on day one. Soul was on day one. I had to dose these kids out with padded old europan You can kind of tell in Navy's eyes if you look at the photos, like he's not well. It was not himself. And like I told than that because we're going to push it back a day, and they were like, do you think they'd be sick of though if we push it back a day? And thank god we didn't, because just lasted about eight days. They were so so sick. But I was just like, oh God, of course, like what are the chances my kids are so sick on this family shoot and they're trying to make it fun and I'm there like counting the hours. Okay, only twenty more minutes so they can have more Europine.
Speaker 1: But it lived.
Speaker 2: It was magical. I mean, at least at least it looked magical and that all dose stuff on panel on Europin. But it was It's tough shooting with kids, Like you can't really tell your kids like come on, just push through. Come on, just like just a few more photos, just pushed through. You can do it than you know, Like I was trying so hard. I had to uber eat bubblegum and like I'm there holding up like you know that old school bubble gum that's wrapped in a wheel and I'm holding up showing navy ban. You can have this, just keep bouncing on the there like it's you have to really have a good photographer, which we did to be able to work with kids because then and obviously had the same stamina as adults. And you have to kind of like make a fun and like not be too serious on the photo you want. You just kind of have to roll with the punches. But it was really fun shooting with Colin and the kids loved it, and I want to get the whole thing printed and framed, and I want to show up their eighteenth Have.
Speaker 1: They been in store and seen all of the cutouts and everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they actually have been in store. Ben hasn't, but I got to take the kids. Oh no, sorry, I did take the kids in. They love seeing themselves. It's so funny. They don't maybe kind of gets it. But he's also like, why my friends not on it? And I was like, ah, but that's a that's an interesting question.
Speaker 1: Maybe kind of answer the daddy's friends at work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but yeah, it's it's crazy to see their reactions when you take them in and they're trying to like figure out why they're in the middle of a shopping center like the front. But no, he's starting to understan and what I do kind of he thinks I record. I'm like, what do you mean I record? I think he thinks the podcast is like my main thing, which is cute.
Speaker 1: I'm loving your podcast, by the way, and you've had some pretty well i'd say controversial influences on the podcast, but like really popular one. Sophie Casia, Sarah's Day. I mean, Martha Califititas, She's I don't know, she's kind of got loved, Yeah, but what do they really like? Are they as they appear on YouTube?
Speaker 2: So the fact I didn't actually know who so Vucacia was before I had her on the podcast, like I had seen her name bounce around. I guess for you guys, but I had no idea who she was. And I'm not just saying that I only got her wrong because a friend through Chemist Warehouse was good friends with her and she was like, she's really good because she's at mom. She was a mummy blogger, she was. What I learned was that she was one of the first with a mummy blog or a blog before Instagram or something like that, and that's how she got big. I know nothing about her controversies. And that's the same with Sarah. It's so funny because I see these things online and I know nothing about it. And I don't know if it's because I'm so deep down in motherhood that I actually my windows are so narrow and I'm just kind of like my work and my kids are my focus, or if I'm kind of like that doesn't affect me. I don't know, because the thing is, I guess with influences, like for me, everyone in my life annoys me right, my mom, my sister, and my husband. Like Ben pisses me off, like everyone everyone, Everything everyone does is going to annoy you at one point. You know your values aren't going to align. And things that Ben does, I don't agree with things he says piss me off. But the thing with influencers right where everything's out public and online, so if I say something, someone's gonna pick it apart, create a controversy. There's so many things I see influencers do. I'm like, fuck, you are so annoying, and I get it, Like I get it because they're putting their life out online. But I'm sure that everyone can relate. Their best friends are so annoying. They're just lucky they don't put their life out online to get picked apart. So maybe that's why I don't see controversies because I don't. But of course, if someone does a huge thing that's racist, homophobic, I get it. Canceled the motherfucker. But like, I don't see the small controversies. Maybe it's because I know I'm just as annoying and I just don't post that. And so these girls like Sarah and Sophie, I don't know their controversies. But in real life, I've known Sarah since she was I don't know how old she was, but since I was eighteen or nineteen. We met at fashion Week and I remember her so well. She rocked up in her leggings and her jumper and these big aviators and I was like, oh my god, this girl is so random. But I love that she just dresses how she wants to dress, like we're at fashion week and she's just on brand. And yes, I've known her for quite a while. I've always we haven't ever really caught up. We've caught up maybe once, and she's I think she's great. I just think anyone with kids and businesses and navigating mum life, work life and fucking relationship life, like, I just think they're a boss. And I do see it's hard on social media because you get judged for anything you really do, and putting your life out there is never easy. And I'm sure there's some days they just want to like quit because they're always getting picked apart. But yeah, they were really they're cool girls. I admire moms though for starters, I think mums are epic, like even from the get go, once you're pregnant, you start sacrificing your life. I think they're amazing. But even more so, they've got businesses and they've both got books and ebooks and this and that. I'm like, how the hell do you have time? Like you guys like honestly just trying to navigate mum life and you throw in a business or two or three or however many they have. I really do admire them and how they can navigate that. And I mean, I pretty much want to throw the bloody toys out of the cot every week and give up social media. I can't imagine how age Well that's.
Speaker 1: The thing I think sometimes, especially some of these controversies and whatever, they get blown up so much and people forget that there are real people behind it. And obviously our podcast we focus on influencer controversies, but sometimes we're like, it's just fun, Like it's you know, it's like a funny controversy. Like spoke recently about what was it the Hawaiian coffee that Sarah's day had that was nine dollars or something, you know what I mean? And I suppose that's a good thing to remember, even as a listener of our show. For the listeners that sometimes I just have fun with it. Let's not attack somebody completely, let's have a laugh about it. I think around twenty twenty people got a little bit too picky and like we were included as well. Some of the stories I look back that we reported on. I'm like everyone was angry at home. We were all locked away and angry.
Speaker 2: We were stuck inside and singing. An influencer like posts shit, you just like shut the fuck up. You don't try And I get it. I think the same all the time. And that's why you're right. People need to stop taking things so seriously, because it's like your best friend would complain about a nine dollar coffee too. I would complain, like she just she's just an influencer that posts her life twenty four to seven, so she gives us a platform to look at her and oh, you're so annoying. But actually everyone does it where you just show it online, which I guess are the pros and cons of showing your life online. Right, you're open to criticism, but I think people are They take things too seriously and needs to be more fun and light hearted. And just like you can find me annoying, that's fine, but I probably find you just as annoying, but you don't have to call it off.
Speaker 1: That's so true. What about like platforms do you delve much into I mean, I don't even want to neigh it tattle like that is a very toxic place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is toxic. And I got into a really bad rhythm of obsessing over it, like I love seeing all people say about me because I either laugh or I cry, like sometimes I want a reason to cry, like it's so bad for my mental health, and that is probably why I'm seeing a therapist. But no, I was reading a lot into it, and my therapist has taught me. He's like why, like why and I'm like I don't know, because I just kind of want to see what people are saying. He's like, why you can't control it and are you going to change for them? And I was like, no, you guys, okay, so watch your purpose of reading. I'm like, I don't know. Probably feel shit about myself, I guess. And he was like, you need to stop reading this because it's really not if it's not benefiting your life or yourself or your family, Like what, who cares what other people's opinions say like, you haven't cared for years. Why. I'm like, it's not that I care. He's like, what you do? I'm like, okay, you're right. I got to stop reading it. And I do think it was subconsciously having a negative impact on my mental health, because you know, I'd wake up grumpy one morning and I didn't really have a reason why I was grumpy. I wasn't tired. I should be happy, but I was like, I do think it's eating away at me or I always had stomach pain. I'm like, why are these people saying this? Like it's just so What I hate about these forums is that they're faceless and they would never say it to your face, and they can literally just make up something from their asshole, Like they can literally just pull something out, make it up, say whatever they want. And then Daily Mail runs an article and I'm like, that is not true. Why are you listening to these people? And that's what annoys me because a lot of these media outlets now find their next you know what their next going to into. You write about Indy Clinton on forums and I'm like, this is so stupid. Why are they doing that.
Speaker 1: What's the wildest thing that you've read or even like the funniest thing that you're like that is so far from the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is just wild and like so stupid to speculate on someone's ethnicity. But on one of those forums, they were saying, how Ben's definitely indigenous and I'm hiding it because I'm ashamed, and I'm like, what the fuck. I'm like, that could not be further from the truth. Number One, I would never be ashamed of that. I say to him, let's go get all your fucking ancestry dot com done. Let's I want to see what you're made of, baby, these lebonese. But I'm also like, like, why do I even have to explain that? Why would I ever be ashamed of ethnicity? And where are you pulling this from? For starters, Like it's just such a wild and like these are the things people make up. I'm like, you are so delusional. Where did you just pull that from? Literally, like I have no idea. They even named a specific group that he would be from based off where he grew up what And I'm like, you are just actually delusional? And that was that for me was a turning point because I was like, holy shit, people really do just make things up from their mind, Like how creative they just like having a ship day, how creative can they get? They smoke a joint and they just make something up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it must be frustrating as well because it's not like you can go on there and defend yourself and if you were to make a video, then it kind of feeds into the like the toxic nature of it as well totally.
Speaker 2: And that's my hardest thing I find on social media is never sticking out for myself because you're always told I have always been taught. I've been in this game for eleven years and from every management I've had, I've always been taught not to you know, it will just blow over. Never talk on anything ever ever. Just be quiet, be quiet. And that's why going back to Ben's work colleagues doing this, I'm like, why do I have to be quiet for once? Like I've been quiet my whole life on everything. Why do I have to be quiet about this? Like? Where does out here doing our own thing? And you guys still want to drag? Like I need to put you guys into your place because otherwise it's not going to blow over. This thing. It's just like a bulling mentality, and I do think these forums have this bulling mentality too. It's like, what's the last straw for you guys? I mean, do you want an influencer to take their own life? Is that when you guys stop bulling and being faceless behind a screen. It's so crazy, this bulling culture. And I see it so much, not just about myself, And that's why a lot of these forums are so so toxic and why you can't read them, because in the end, it's only affecting your mental health. Like they don't care. They're sitting at home, they're unhappy, they're probably not getting any love, they're having shit time at work, like they want you to feel that, and I've kind of come to terms with that, and I'm like, I can't. This toxic energy is gonna give me either IBS or I'm just gonna have like constant insomnia because i want to fucking check Tattle, which I should not be checking.
Speaker 1: It's so strange to be because I feel like you're such a much loved influencer that I didn't even know you had a tattle threat. I've actually, I mean I've blocked Tattle from my computer and we had to block it on Sophie, who's not here her phone, because there is just this intrigue. You can't explain it. It's a defensive thing. I think you're like, you want to know if there's something out there about you, You want to know what people are saying.
Speaker 2: It's totally when you kind of want to control the narrative. But then I'm also like, it's an uncontrollable narrative when it's made up or it's just based off like zero facts. But it's it's because you know, there's the tattle and there's tea time, Like I just they're all I find a little bit toxic in the way. I saw recently somebody posted about Ben's ex girlfriend photos of her in this in the house or sitting on the same furniture, and then there's just all these comments like, oh my god, how embarrassing that she kept this indy kept the same furniture? How could you live with yourself? And I'm like, what the fuck? Like this is literally this was literally Ben's house. Why would I come in as a girlfriend you met? Okay, sell all of your furniture because your ex girlfriend has sat her bum on it. I need it so like I'm like, this is crazy, Like why would I make him do that? Like I don't really care if we have the same dining chairs around the table with here four years ago, Like that was a house man. I've created a home. I've had you know, there's kids in this home. Now there's new couches with texts all over it. Like I'm just kind of like, you guys either are not parents or I don't know what's going on because you guys are picking apart the smallest things like why And I'm just kind of like, you guys, there's more to life, as if I'm going to be this crazy girlfriend that walks into this house being like you better get rid of all of the presents with your ex girlfriend has sat her bum on it, like what they don't see? I see that? And then Ben kind of knew it triggered me a little bit because I started being like, okay, like I want to change it all, even though I know, deep down you know, I've had kids, I've made it home. I've made it so loving, full of love, and I've bought new couches and now they're covered in text her. But even like explaining myself, I was like why am I letting these people affect me? I know what I've done to create a home. Why do I let the opinions of these people like really eat up inside of me? And Ben's like, okay, this is do you want it to? We can make a change, we can get I can literally put the dining tables out on the street tomorrow and you can buy new ones. And I'm like, no, I don't even know why I care. I think because then I see the pile on of people and I'm like, oh my god, am I that delusional that I actually haven't seen this this whole time? And it's so obvious. There's almost two hundred comments and they're all saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm sorry, they're delusional. Like, for example, my husband, he was engaged before we got together, and I use all of the beautiful serving boards that he and his fiance got given at their engagement party. I'm like, fantastic, Like that's day, this is great. If you get rid of everything in d I'm sure that they would have been like can you believe she couldn't stand having the ex girlfriend's furniture in the house. How wasteful to you know?
Speaker 2: Like you oh, no, it's like you can never win in this instance. And to me, I'm like, that's not really important to me. Like I've like having some chairs and tables and things around that she was here, that's not I don't really care. I'm not petty like that. Like I would much rather create a home and a safe home and baby proof the home, as you guys know, is very important. I remove the cactuses and things out that we're going to hurt the kids, But like that's important to me, Like creating love and safety in a home is way more important. Like I really could not care less. You know, I would actually be more grateful if she left a few of her things, some hair straighteners and stuff that I could really use.
Speaker 1: This is, of course, a Christmas episode, and we haven't even touched on Christmas bar the cotton non commercial that your husband's colleagues were insanely jealous about. But I already know that you're a huge Christmas lover because you used to have a real Christmas tree until recently. Why the change?
Speaker 2: Do you know? What? It was too much upkeep. I'm so lazy like that. I'm like, Okay, I've got the kids, I've got the dogs and I have a malting dog. I do not need a malting Christmas tree now. And it was one of those things. I love the smell of real Christmas trees. I loved going to this lady's house out near the country and cutting it down myself. She gave me a train saw, like I got to pick the tree I remember taking maybe last year or not last year, the year before last, and we cut it down. It was so much fun. But also the reason why I did a change is because I want Christmas to start in November. Like I'm not putting up this Christmas tree in December and know that my tree won't die in three weeks. Because that's the thing with real Christmas trees, like they die, they die quickly. They smell good for a hot minute, but they die very quickly. So I've invested in this epic like two meter tall fake one. And then I've also bought pine trees smelling candles. I think pine trees is that what they are? Yeah, pine tree.
Speaker 1: Smelling important to have those candles because yeah, it has a bowsome hill tree.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it is okay, because it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I've just done the same thing. Always had a real Christmas tree. This year, I bought a Bolesome Hill because I wanted to put it up in November too, because this is that right now, well it is, but it was just to see if I got the right height for the room.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bosom Hill, they're great, They're so Honestly, this Christmas tree in credit it looks so real as well.
Speaker 1: Last year you actually I remember organized these beautiful personalized stockings and then it caused a mass sister.
Speaker 2: That's right, that was weird. I mean, it wasn't weird. So I just randomly I love Etsy, right, I mean, I order a lot of things from Etsy. I just ordered these incredible rugs that took so long to be handmade in Morocco, but like, I found them on Etsy, and I love supporting the small businesses on there. So I knew if I just found a random small business on Etsy that could make these beautiful little Sanda sacks, they were not going to know who I am. Of course the message I like, placed the order and I knew Soul's name. We knew Soul's name was going to be sold from the get gos. So I placed this order and then I get a message ba like oh my god, Indy, I'm a huge fan. I can't believe it places or I promise I'm gonna keep this name a secret. But she really leveraged off it, right, and she's like like I remember seeing things being like I know Indy Clinton's baby's name, and like she was I get it. I guess she's trying to monetize from it, and I get I love that she was hustling like that, but I was also like, wait, please do not say anything like I don't know you, but like have my back through Let's just kind of communicate through the air that like you're not going to say anything, please, And then I saw that huge stir because she posted something like she was very good at getting onto the marketing train and leveraging from that, like I don't know who trained her and media, but she nailed that, didn't She's.
Speaker 1: Out because she ended up sharing a name that it wasn't Soul's name, but it was another s name and it like fit all the clues, and everyone's like, oh my gosh, she kind of had your back though, because she put a bit of a red hairing out there.
Speaker 2: That's true, and you know what she's messaged me and she sent me. She said I completely changed her business, Like she said I sold out, because she sent me a jumper a few months ago with sleep deprived on it. And she was like, I just want to say thank you, Like you completely changed my business, like you sold me out, but you also made me so much money that I could buy another sowing machine, another this, and now I can elevate my business and another this another that exactly. And I was like, wow, well you kind of did it for yourself because you were really fishing with my name, weren't you. So you you should be there yourself.
Speaker 1: Look at you just supporting small businesses, and just.
Speaker 2: I love supporting small businesses. I'm like, wow, you are so I wish I could be you. Like I support the hustle, I mean especially and then especially mums. I just I have this thing for mums because now I'm in it, I know how hard it is. And so whenever I see a mum on the street or a mum pustling with a small business or aside business, I'm like, of course, have my money, take my money.
Speaker 1: I support you, exploit my name and whatnot for your.
Speaker 2: Use my name, run through the dirt. I will support you. This is what my self development is teaching me.
Speaker 1: CLIMATE would really love to do a quick Christmas quiz before we go with you, and it's basically we've got ourselves in hot water before for giving opinions based on Christmas food and Easter food anyway, so I kind of want to hear yours. You know those tears on the internet that are like god tier, mid tier and meth. I don't know if you've seen those.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm too old. No, definitely not, because so you're definitely not.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're too young.
Speaker 2: Ye, true, God tear is the best, and then yeah.
Speaker 1: Tear is like good and yeah, so Pavlova, where does that sit?
Speaker 2: I personally think pavlova is me. I only like the fresh fruit on it because it's too sweet. The white meringue. I hate meringue. I think meringue is like just as mad as a lemon tart. So like meh, a sorry egg too, was like an egg, Like the best thing about it is like either the passion fruit pulp or the fresh mango on it. But like, just give me that in a bowl and I'll be happy.
Speaker 1: That surprises me. Being like a beechy sort of, I.
Speaker 2: Do want to like it, but just like, actually, just give me a block of Cadprey chocolate instead it, I'll be happy.
Speaker 1: What about putting then?
Speaker 2: No pudding? Yeah, Matt actually makes me want to vomit. Ben told me that that is all he has had. His grandma makes Christmas pudding like Injuly, like date putting in July and freezes it until Christmas or something, and I'm like, you're gotta be kidding me. And a few years ago she wanted to give us some and I was like, we're not taking that. Sorry, thank you, I appreciate the effort. We're not having that putting in our fridge. I'm not eating it. I just think it's too sweet. I'm not one second you're gonna eat it. If you are, I just think for me, putting is just way too sweet. Like I can have one date, but you cannot put a pudding of dates into my mouth.
Speaker 1: See, I bet Ben's grandma she would have put coins in the pudding, like. I don't know if you've heard of that, because I spoke about it recently to someone else, because our grandma used to put money in the pudding.
Speaker 2: Way, Oh well, give me some more pudding then, I'm gonna have to go to a house and get it out the freezer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like, oh, I think we've all been classically conditioned to light pudding just because of the cat.
Speaker 2: With us money in it. I definitely would have eaten it.
Speaker 1: What ifout Auntie she was rich and she used to put gold coins and we were like, she didn't She didn't bake them in because I think you can really poison yourself. So it was like on the side of the Yeah, so epic, what is your what Christmas dessert do you like? Then it's God tear for you?
Speaker 2: So I don't think this is very Christmasy, but I love Tiramissou. Tira missue is like my jam. Like serve me a tira missou on a reindeer and I will eat the whole thing, like I love Terra ma sou. But that's probably not Christmasy. If it was me, though, I would much rather fill up on all of the the ham. I'm new to eating ham, but I really love it now. Ham and Crawn's oysters, seafood. That's what I want to fill up on, and then I'll just kind of like make I actually just want to eat margaritas and champagne. That's where I would find most of my It's like I want to be the drunk Auntie on Christmas Day because last year I had misdiitis, so I couldn't be drunk. I was on antibio. So then I kind of just want to roll into some fresh fruit and maybe just into some Cabri chocolate. Like that's how basic I am. I am very basic when it comes to eating. I'm a really simple eater.
Speaker 1: I don't like sauces, let's be honest. I mean that sounds way better than like Christmas pudding. Just Cabria chocolate.
Speaker 2: Just give me some even just like Toddler, Like I just love. If I'm going to fill up, That's what I want to fill up on, like followed by a peppermint tea to wash everything down into an afternoon swim. Like Honestly, Christmas Day, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: We hope you have the most amazing Christmas and I look forward to seeing your bosom heell tree up in November.
Speaker 2: I know we're gonna take care. I got to set my up in November, so I'll take photos and sent to you.
Speaker 1: Yes please, I think yours is mine's like maybe not. I think mine's two meters too.
Speaker 2: Thank you guy.
Speaker 1: We hope you enjoyed our chat with Indy Clinton. Don't forget to follow her if you're not already now. In tomorrow's episode of Outspoken, Plus, we'll be dropping more content with Indy Clinton, so make sure you're subscribed. Thank you so much for listening. If you did enjoy it, we would love if you could leave us a five star review because it really helps us grow the podcast. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present,