Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. They're life.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I will go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screen. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services. This week on the podcast, I have the top three queens from RuPaul's Drag Race down Under season two, and on today's episode, I will hopefully give the fans a better insight into Spanky Jackson's resume and help you answer that question. Is Spanky our winner of the second series of down Under? This Saturday is already the finale, and while the series has been a wild ride, I think the finale is going to be an excellent celebration of three very popular queens who truly deserve to be there. Spanky Jackson wears that thirty seven years of age with pride already winning TV and Z plus's reality series House of Drag and declaring coming of age in Palmerston North has toughened her up for the cutthroat competition of Rupeaul's which may be true. With the wisdom, empathy and honesty that we've seen from this popular queen, Spanky took us on a journey that no one could really have predicted at the start of the season. But as we approach the finale, I think it was that growth throughout the series that has won over fans around the world. We will talk reality TV stratt and if she entered the show with a plan, how she joined the drama without being the drama, who should be Miss Congeniality, and we will tackle the shady or Lady game, which includes Spanky's pick for this year's winner. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Spanky Jackson from Pauls Drag Raced down Under Season two to TV Reload.
Speaker 1: I'm really stoked to be standing here with you know, two incredible entertainers. Spanky Jackson with a ZI Have you ever been that girl before? It's a shame that she didn't get to make it there because she is so hilarious.
Speaker 2: Let's move on down to miss Jackson.
Speaker 1: Spanky. If you're nasty, have you met polished from the beginning? Then this I We're for you to go, Spanky Jackson, chante yu stay. Melbourne has some of the best drake talon in Australia. It really does.
Speaker 2: Which queen will be crowned down under next drag superstarke?
Speaker 1: You know those girls helped me as well. You know we all helped each other.
Speaker 2: Hi there, Spanky Jackson, how the hell are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good? How are you?
Speaker 2: Mabe? I'm really excited to be able to have this chat. We were just talking about this offline. I have actually met you in person, and so it turns out I've been a fan of you for a lot longer than I realized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was a long time ago to babes and yeah when I used to host and St Kilda like in Melbourne back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, many moons ago, so long ago.
Speaker 1: I was really thin then as well, so now I'm a bit of a tank now.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you look fabulous and you should not change.
Speaker 1: So they very much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Congrangulations on making it to the top three. You really are the surprise of this series, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much. I mean I even surprised myself to be fair. So yeah, it's everything I could have asked for and more so, I'm really stoked to be standing here with you, two incredible entertainers and friends and sisters. So we're happy to be standing here together. And no matter what happens, I'm happy for whoever takes it out and just proud to have made it to the end.
Speaker 2: So you're glad that you put together your little audition video and send it off to the people, because this is where you are now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, it was a lot of work too. I mean I just thought, why not chuck my hat in the ring, and it just kind of all worked out.
Speaker 2: Really, I would love to see the audition videos, like, I feel like that would be amazing for so many people. I mean, I've got no desire to go on Rupol's drag race, but I know lots of people who would love to do it, and I think that they would all get a real kick out of it to see, you know what the producer saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it was a lot of work and they you know, it's a bit of everything as well. You know, it's not just hey my name is you know, blah blah blah. It really is about showing you know what you have in the bucket and you know what you can do and can you actually achieve those challenges. So it's a lot of work. But yeah, it was a lot of fun to make, and yeah I had a blast, And yeah, I think it would be great if we could like share those at some point because I think people would get a bloody good laugh out of them too. I would love to see the other girls as well, Like I think they would be really like interesting for me too. I'd love to.
Speaker 2: See them like one of those reunion episodes you know sometimes they do those on rupouls they get everyone together and if Roopol's not available to do it, you can host it.
Speaker 1: Oh great, I'm there, bass, and I do have to wear pants.
Speaker 2: Don't wear pants? It's on brand.
Speaker 1: No good good.
Speaker 2: You were able to see both sides in many situations and offer everyone one thousand percent friendship is what I was calling. And was that a part of your game plan or is that just who you are?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. It's just how I am and I've worked in childcare for the last I know that sounds terrible to say, like, oh, these are like children, but I've worked in childcare for like the last eight years, and you know, running a facility. I think that there is that maternal instinct has just kind of really taken over in my thirties, I suppose. And the thing is, it's like there's enough pricks in the world without me having to be one. And it's like, you know, everybody needs advice at times, and I just happen to be that person. It's just a way I am. I can't help it. Like, you know, if somebody's feeling down, even if you don't like them or you've had a bad day with them, it's like I'm still going to you don't want to see somebody up see it, or you know, a little bit of advice goes a long way. And it's like, you know, people have done that for me over my life, and I wouldn't have achieved the things I have if it wasn't for those people. So why not you know, pass some of the good that I've received on you.
Speaker 2: Know, alrighty, so you just have to tell me who are easier to manage children or drag queens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Children let me think they won't. They will. They'll talk back to you, but eventually you'll get it done, whereas drag queens will just throw something at you. So it's a bit different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the language can be a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Oh and that you know only because the kids.
Speaker 2: Don't know all those words yet, you know, I mean to be fair.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean kids will give you a run for it as well, so yeah, they can hurt your feelings.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because I I've been asking everyone of you're happy with your edit? Now I already know the answer from you that you would be so happy with this? Will you say? I think I don't know? How did you feel watching the show back and watching how you were coming across.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred percent me, like it really is. I think it was very kind to be fair by watching A back. I'm just really proud to a I think in life you go through all of the ups and downs. You know what I mean, and you you learn along the way. And yeah, like most people, I've fucked up a lot in my life. So it's I think for me watching it back, it's a reflection on how far I've come and how proud I am of where I've you know, managed to get myself as a person, not you know, not as a drag queen or on a show or anything like that. It's you know, as an adult. And I've come a bloody long way, and I'm pretty proud of the person that I've become. And but that's also a reflection of the people that I have that's surround you know, like my mom and dad the most amazing and credible. Like my dad is like the comedian, you know what I mean, He's a absolute star in his own right. He's a singer and you know, all of that kind of stuff. And and my mom is definitely you know where my heart and soul comes from. And the love and the maternal you know, that's her. You know, everybody knows who it's rocky, and that's very much my genetic makeup has come from them, even if I am adopted, you know, so to watch it back and see it, it really is a reflection of them and my friends and the people that have you know, supported me along the way and helped me grow.
Speaker 2: I also loved that, you know, even if people were being a bit of a shit, like there was one moment where Beverly Kills had sort of dug her own grave and was you know, really should just jumped in and bury herself, and ye, you kind of would appear. It's very hard to be in reality television and be the person that's in the drama but is not the drama. But you would always just.
Speaker 1: Appear Yeah, very bad. Yeah, because the thing is, it's like, it's not my drama, Like it's not. And the thing is is I think that too many people too often either get involved in the drama and the thing is, it's not my drama, it's got nothing to do with me. But at the same time, I can offer you both a little advice, And it's really about perspective really, it's you know, look at it from a different angle. You know, understand that this is what she's saying or the saying, you know, and I do. I'm very lucky to be able to see both sides of most arguments, Like I could argue both sides, So I do have a knack for being able to see it from each other's perspective, you know, and be able to then relay that and so well, actually this is what they were saying. It's not the way that it was said. This is what is the message, and this is what you should take away from it, not how it was said to you, because it was said with emotion. But if you striple that crap bag and actually look at what was said, you know it's actually not as bad as you think.
Speaker 2: I think it's a real superpower, Like it's a real it's your marvel superpower, which you know, to be able to.
Speaker 1: My friends would disagree with that. They would say, it's my band screen. But you know that's okay.
Speaker 2: What does it mean to you to have made it to the finale?
Speaker 1: It's pretty overwhelming and pretty incredible. I'm really proud of myself. And you know, I may not have the best looks and I may not be as polished as what the expectation has become. That's when you look at some of the world's most famous dread queens, you know, even RuPaul, Like if you go back to when she started Babe, she was rough as well. So it's like when you look at the day Menner's and the Lily Savages and that these are like all rough, like the actual people and characters, you know, the personalities. So I may not have all of that, but I definitely have enough talent in the bag to be able to, you know, entertain people, and that's exactly what I aim to do. I'm not about the look, you know, so it's good for me.
Speaker 2: All of my favorite drag queens have the worst aesthetic to start with, you know, you know, drag bingo, no granny bingo in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so fun.
Speaker 2: They are so funny. Carmena is one of the funniest people I've ever met in my entire life. But even their drag go back and look at their original photos. Man alive. Did they look terrible? Yeah, but it's kind of the journey that you need to go on to really understand it, and it's.
Speaker 1: All part of their process of like understanding you know, who are you as a drag queen. I mean it hasn't changed. I mean from when we met, Like, it hasn't changed, not at all. It's you know, maybe my stomach has, but that's literally the only different.
Speaker 2: So I just jump in there. I was a little annoyed that Michelle Visage was like, you know, Spanky, you know, I'm going to do the wrong quote and I'm not going to impersonate Michelle Visage, but you know, she was trying to push you into wearing better makeup and stuff like that, and I was like no, I was like, I don't. Yeah. It was nice to see and you did evolve with that, and it was great to see you putting on, you know, the nice makeup and looking at it sexier. But I still loved the little bit sh shabby version of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thing is is like, I don't look at myself as said, I'm actually crep, Like I'm not crep, like I'm actually not rough. I think when you look at the time constraints and things like that, yeah, I am going to come off rough because my process is completely different on the outside world, you know, where I can allow two and a half hours to sit and enjoy the process and then you don't have that luxury. But I mean, going into it as well, I knew what my weaknesses were and I knew what my critiques were going to be, so I was prepared for that. And you know that's that's when you have to have a real hard look at yourself and go, Okay, I know what they're going to say, so be prepared for it. And you know they didn't really kind of show those critiques because it was constant. You know, there were a lot of those, and I did every week give them exactly what they wanted, so, you know, there was part of it. And it is a show, you know, it's a competition and there has to be some kind of growth or transformation in it as well. You know, that's why we're there, and it is one of those experiences we can learn a lot. So I just tried to suck it up like a sponge, and you did. I mean, I'm a big sponge.
Speaker 2: So there's only so many minutes in a RuPaul's Drag Race episode for you to suck up all of that.
Speaker 1: I know. I tried.
Speaker 2: What about interestingly enough, you know, asking this question to Kong and Hannah about who they thought was going to be in the top three? They were both had said that they didn't see you there, but so happy that it is you. What about for you? When the competition first started, who did you think was going to be in the final three?
Speaker 1: Well, I knew Hannah was definitely going to be there. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind. She was definitely going to be one of my biggest competitions.
Speaker 2: Queen.
Speaker 1: I had really heard of Queen before the show, so I didn't have the expectation. And then as Queen kind of got I mean, she wasn't she didn't really give what she was wanting to give either, So I did possibly see Many there too. I didn't see her making it to the end, but unfortunately that just didn't happen for her.
Speaker 2: I thought Many from the first episode was going to be in the top three. I just was like, Mini Coop was so funny in that first episode. But then I watch reality TV differently. I don't know if it's because I've been in it, but I just could see between the lines that she was kind of her own undoing in a weird way.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, which.
Speaker 2: Was really sad to see because she could have easily won it, oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing is is that, you know, it's all different for everybody, and I think everybody has this expectation or this vision of how it's going to be, and then sometimes when you get there and it's not the same, that's what throws you off because you're like, actually, I wasn't prepared for this, and it's the emotional toll, you know, it's exhausting, Like you know, you're on the go. You understand it's you're on the go all the time, and you have to keep going like this is part of the process. You don't have time to just give up. And then the other thing is is your own expectations of yourself too, and then when you don't meet them, that's when you start to go. You know, you start to spiral inside because you're like, oh, actually, I'm not doing as good as I know I am. Why am I doing this? Why is this happening to me? So it's all of those kind of things. And I mean, I absolutely love an Adornmedy and she's an absolutely Australian icon, Like she's a drag legend. It's a shame that she didn't get to make it there because she is so hilarious and so quick. That's never going to change for her. You know, she is an icon. So it's you know, it's just a shame she didn't get to get there.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go and see her. She's on my list of the queens this season and I have to have to have to go and see in a live drag show immediately.
Speaker 1: So oh brilliant so good.
Speaker 2: Did you mean to forget your pants on the first episode? As I have this theory because it's obviously garbage, this theory, but I feel like you'll enjoy it. I was like, maybe Spanky jack And on purpose didn't finish her outfit that day so she could take us on a journey throughout the series, so it only would show how big she got by the end of it. Or did you just forget your pants? I mean, I mean, come on, tell me the truth.
Speaker 1: Yees to no, yes, and no. I did have a plan going into it where it was like I knew what, you know, the expectations of me were going to be in that instance, I just ran out of time to be fair, to make a bottom for it, and in my mind, I was like, oh, yeah, this totally works. It totally works, it's no problems. Looking at it on the run way, I was like, oh, that's so didn't work. But it was so good that it was like it was still Spanky Jackson, especially with the bum out beer bum national television. I mean, my mom and dad were just super proud and yeah, I mean it was yeah. No, it was definitely a time issue and just not enough time, but still super stoked because it's very speaker Jackson.
Speaker 2: So but also maybe it did lean into the idea, like your idea of going into the show to maybe start a little bit small so that you could take us on a journey.
Speaker 1: So there was that, Okay, you have to have some you know, element of growth, Like I feel like that's always something that people want to see. And like I said, you know, I'm not the most polished queen. I'm not the expectation of what a rue girl is. And so you know, however, bloody many seasons we've seen you know, this is the expectation. You know, they want you to be this polish, they want you to be this But if you're that polished from the beginning, then there's no we're for you to go.
Speaker 2: Being the older queen, you're able to sort of teach people a lot, but you also seem to learn a lot. What was the biggest take home from your journey on the show.
Speaker 1: My biggest take home was just kind of like I think, it was the critiques and stuff from you know, RuPaul and hearing it from somebody that has done this. You can't get any bigger than her, So it's you know, she's turned it into coin. So I think one of the biggest takeaways was just like that I'm kind of perfect the way I am, and not to like to worry about that and to just carry on delivering Spanky Jackson because she's definitely just perfectly fine the way she is. But if anything, I mean, it's just you know, a little bit more finishing. It's about the finishing of the outfit. You know, the details there, you know, even my makeup to a certain extent, Like I learned a lot from Queen and Hannah as well, you know about finishing and Queen with hair, and you know those girls helped me as well. You know, we all helped each other. So I mean, I hope they learned something from me. I think it's probably just not to wear pants, but like maybe they took something away from me too, I don't know. But yeah, definitely just the finishing, you know, and it does matter, It does matter.
Speaker 2: I think they did. But I think we all did. I think we all walked away learning something from Spanky Jackson.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope something.
Speaker 2: You might have easily been the front runner for Miss Congeniality. I don't know, can you still be misconji if you don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that works, but does that work?
Speaker 2: But I mean, who do you think could be Miss congeniality of the season.
Speaker 1: But it's hands down Hannah. Like it's Hannah. That girl is just the kindest, funniest, most hilarious person. And she may not have got that edit. Like to be fair, I think there's a little bit more heart that she could have been shown of Hannah, but she is by far miss congeniality. It's not It's definitely not me. I think people just see me for the laugh and you know, and the kindness and stuff. But you know, that girl there is has absolutely I mean, both those girls have my heart. But she would definitely be Miss congeniality for me. We had each other in hysterics. We even got separated at times because we were just too hysterically laughing.
Speaker 2: So you sit on that side, you sit on.
Speaker 1: Literally like literally its room. So but yeah, she's just so kind and lovely, So yeah, they would be my pope.
Speaker 2: I also loved how many times you broke the fourth wall of RuPaul and it had never been seen in any other season. And there's been a season in Antarctica, so there's been a lot of seasons, but you know, you would always hear you laughing in the background, and it was like you must have pulled your chair up, like you're watching RuPaul's in RuPaul's like you're goggle boxing the goggle boxes like something that RuPaul would be laughing, and you'd normally hear that in other seasons, but then now in RuPaul's Drag Race down Under season two, in the background, Spanky Jackson's yeah, I can't do it, but you did it on que You did it on que But I just loved you could always hear you laughing in the background supporting the other queens, which.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's completely genuine. It's like, yes, we're in a competition, but it doesn't mean that I need to be a pro and it doesn't mean that I need to be in a you know, like that I need to be an asshole to when or you know, to get further or anything like that. It's like, we can actually do this and be nice people and you know, support and you know critique, and that's what it's all about. Like that's what Dragon Sisterhood's about. You know, your sisters are going to lift you up when you're down and tell you that you look hideous, because that just helps you improve. And you know, it's all about those moments. So it's yeah, And of course I just love to laugh my way through life, even if it was really depressing. I just crack up laugh even when they read me like I found it hysterical. It's not just like, I really don't care what you have to say. Thank you, thank you for telling me. Preciate it. I think I'm old enough now to realize, you know, say what you're going to say, Babs, I don't really care. It's not going to pick my feeling.
Speaker 2: It's a good way to be though. I think you can when you can laugh stuff off, you know. I think it's the best lesson to learn to get to the point where you can laugh at yourself and allow yourself to laugh with others like and that takes a very long time, and that takes a very confident person. So take somebody who's living their life, has lived their life.
Speaker 1: Once you learn that you can laugh at yourself and and you know, it's totally fine and.
Speaker 2: Still gravy after that is what I say.
Speaker 1: You know, once you can laugh at your own misfortunes and like, how much of a loser. You could be there's nowhere else that anybody can hurt. There really isn't, because it's like I've already done it to myself. So if i can laugh at myself, then I'm good.
Speaker 2: You know, you're a very good queen to ask this question too. Looking at the mix of Australian and New Zealand queens, what would you say is the biggest difference between the drag queens that are in Australia versus New Zealand.
Speaker 1: I think New Zealand queens have a lot more realness to them. There's a down to earth quality about New Zealand queens and there's an artistic quality where we have a point of view that's just slightly different from the Australian drag queens, where it's a little bit more friendly. I suppose you could say that and maybe not as polished, but I mean, look at your absolutely incredible and we're engine that's not even a word, but it is now it is today our ingenuity and I think that there is the massive difference. Like New Zealand as a whole as people, we are very creative, do think outside the box, and we don't give you what you expect or we do look at things from a different angle and I think that there comes across in our drag as well. It's like and it's very same with the Australians. You know, the humor is different, you know where and even you know looks wise, we're all very different. I mean we're still same, you know, we're similar, but we're not quite the same.
Speaker 2: I can see the difference, like absolutely agree with everything you just said. Absolutely all yeah, you can definitely see it. And I think in way RuPaul's drag Race down Under has put a put New Zealand Queens on the map a little bit more. I do think, you know, it would be nice like we had a lot. I think we have more New Zealand Queens in this series this year.
Speaker 1: To be fair, like quite a few either half or half, you know, like some are you know, like Pomara is multi Aboriginal or you know like Uri being Maori or you know Queen being from South Auckland but representing for Adelaide. Same thing with me. It's like I still consider myself part of Australia as well. It's like I wouldn't be the same drag Queen today if it wasn't for my time in Melbourne and the drag queens and the legends and the icons that work here. You know.
Speaker 2: So are there any Melbourne queens that you think need to be on the show? Like, is who from Melbourne that you worked with that you're like a surprise that we haven't seen in the first and second season.
Speaker 1: That's such a hard question because there's so many different variations of Drag and Melbourne, and I think it just comes down to every season is different and it's it's what's best for the season and who would be great? But I see, I would have loved May she rest in peace, But I would have loved to have seen somebody like Miss Candy in there, or you know, like Paris, you know, the older the fucking legends of drag. There's lots of baby queens, but there are some brilliant queens like Amina Ja Lura as fabulous you know, Daytona. There's some fabulous performers here. So there's a plethora there, really is. Melbourne has some of the best drag talent in Australia. It really does. I mean, I don't think it kind of gives the credit that it deserves to be fair. You know, it's always kind of about Sydney queens, but I agree, Yeah, there's so many talented queens here and diverse because then you start getting into the club kids and the alternative queens and there's so many different versions of that. So that's what I missed the most about Melbourne is it's such a melting pot of inspiration because I am inspired by all drag and Okay, it may not be for me, but at the same time, I'm totally it's like uri, It's like, to me, I would never look like that, but the eye candy and the inspiration that it makes me feel inside is like I'm just absolutely gagged every time I see him, And to me, that makes me froth inside because I'm just like, that's so interesting and who in their mind like came up with that? Do you know what I mean? Like, how did you go? You know what? I want to be a drag queen, but I want to look like this, you know what I mean? So I think that that's what's really great about Melbourne. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you gave me the juiciest answer on that, because I was keen to know because I'm from Melbourne. So it's a little bit me centric. I'm sorry, but you know, I just was curious to know what people what's someone from your perspective of working here and working in New Zealand, you know what, because to me, I'm like, there's so many, Like there's the Frock Hudson's, but there was also the Dolly Diamonds.
Speaker 1: And then there's so many.
Speaker 2: But then also where does Millie Minogue fit into all of that?
Speaker 1: That's it? And then you've got Melly as well, Like there's so many icons on legids here that should you know, be given that platform to show themselves too, because and that that's what I'm glad about, is like, Okay, I'm only thirty seven and I keep getting called an older queen. But it's like it would be really nice to have, you know, not just you know the twenty one year olds like flinging their blonde hair around, you know, hikircking into whirling. It'd be nice to see the girls who actually have done it and pave the way for us to be standing here really get to show their chops because they're actually an incredible talented bunch and they really do deserve a space and their time, you know, the time isn't up. We're not dead yet, so you know, hello.
Speaker 2: My favorite drag queens are all the old ones anyway. But I grew up in Melbourne, so I grew up with parisat.
Speaker 1: Hanging It, you know, like Candy, I mean not a legend. I mean I was so gutted and saddened to hear of her passing because she was she you know, when we want to talk about spanky systhetic, it's like Candy is definitely on the same page, and she's an icon, you know, absolute Australian icon, and that that was who my inspiration, you know, she was part of that. I look at Candy just just hysterical, you know, trashy, fun, not what you expected, but just a lovable person as well. So you know I look at people like that too. Well.
Speaker 2: I'm glad it's a bit of a bit of a tribute, I actually think, because I've been asking everyone about Reece. Nicholson does a great job. But it looks like there's like an extra space on that panel. I feel like we could get another queer representation on that panel that's from New Zealand or Australia, you know, Australia, who do you think could fit in there. I think Millie Minogue would be good because I can't see meally competing in the competition, but I feel like she represents a lot. Who do you think we could put on the panel with Rhys Nicholson?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. That's such a difficult question. I mean, I would like to see somebody like Jamay, like somebody very like iconically Australian, But there's there's too many options there, mate, Like, that's such a hard question because how do you narrow it down to just one person to add? You know, there's two many people that would be great up there. So yeah, I mean, and I think, to be fair, Reese is doing a bloody good job and he's such he is the GC like, he's such a good guy and so bloody funny as well. So I think everybody in the in the beginning kind of was like, you know, I don't know if that was the right choice, but he's so good on there, and he's such a lovely guy, and I don't think it would be even the same without him, to be fair, So I'm not sure who you'd put in it.
Speaker 2: I was for this podcast, I ask everyone this game where I'm like, give me something from behind the scenes, but we're not doing that because we can't go behind the scenes of Rup Paul's and ruin some of the magic. So instead of just being playing this game shady or lady, and I've been absolutely terrible at introducing this game. So basically, I'm gonna ask you a few questions. You can say lady if you don't feel like you want answer the question because you don't want to be shady. Have I explained that I think I've done this, well, okay, okay, we'll try. We'll try. So I'm just gonna ask you a series of questions and basically you'll just give me shady answers, because who's gonna say lady? I think Kole is the only person who said lady to one of the questions.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, Okay.
Speaker 2: Who was the most talented queen for twenty twenty two? Oh me, okay give me that. I have to say this to every single one of you, every single one of you. No, don't say that. Everyone says me me like good, Um, it has to be Yuri. Okay, great Uri?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely incredible. And the fact that he made everything himself is just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I kept watching the YouTube clip of him in the green dress, you know, when everyone got revealed. Yeah, oh no, it's not the Primantis. It's like the first YouTube clip where you all spoke to the.
Speaker 1: Camera, Oh yes, yep, yep, yeah.
Speaker 2: And that dresses and you can see the tattoo, and I don't know, I just it just looks very sexy at the same time as being from another planet.
Speaker 1: Super talented. And that's what I love about is esthetic, you know what I mean. It's like it's not you haven't seen it before. You could kind of compare it to like the tricksy kind of the cut of the cheek and stuff like that. Yeah whatever, But she sits in a league of her own, and I love that. It's like it's almost a caricature of how somebody who's in fashion would draw themselves, but then that coming to life in real life. And that's what I love about it. Like, yeah, most talented queen uri hands down?
Speaker 2: Who is the funniest.
Speaker 1: Hannah? Hands down?
Speaker 2: Hannah I loved as well. Yesterday or the day before, she turned up on the Someone's Instagram live and like there was like a good like thirty seconds of her sort of not appearing, but then all of a sudden just appeared with this princess Leah.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yes, she does this to us all the time, and oh my god, honestly there's photos of us because we grow chat and she comes out and this throw line work a and like we just die, like I've actually nearly passed myself because she's so bloody funny and she does it to us all the time. We'll just be having a serious conversation and then she just pops up, oh, like, she's so funny, so funny.
Speaker 2: I hope people can go on and rewatch those Instagram lives. I think you can start. You can watch them on the story. Who did you not like or maybe didn't get enough time to get to know?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think that maybe probably Molly, Like maybe Molly and we just didn't get enough time and when we got to the top four obviously, but I think that that's just part of her personality. It just takes a little bit of time for her to warm up. And we're in a competition as well. You know, it's not like you're just gonna flop it all out on the table, you know. Okay, we're talking to me here, So yeah, I did flop it out on the table. But you know, yeah Molly.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough? Who is the messiest queen?
Speaker 1: Like me?
Speaker 2: I am putting it all together. So you know, there's there's two different ways that you can be a messy queen, and that is like, you know, makeup all over the workstation. But then also messiest queen is in like all over the place.
Speaker 1: Well, then there would be many, wouldn't that They would be my girl many love her, love your babes, but yeah, oh messiest queen, Like yeah, I don't know. Yeah, we'll just say many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who this is the good question, not yourself, but who do you think could win out of the other two that are in the top.
Speaker 1: Three with you, babes. That's a difficult question because you know, like I said to you earlier, it's like if I could give everybody a piece and we could all win, I would, like, I literally.
Speaker 2: Would, But that isn't the game.
Speaker 1: But I get I understand that, babes, it would probably be Hannah because like when you look at like you put both of the our track records together, it's like, yeah, she deserves it.
Speaker 2: Spanky Jackson, you have made my day. I love you, and I think you've done such a good job on the show. I can't wait to see how you go in the finale. But also I can't wait to be in your audience and see where you go from this. So congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate it. And I just think that this is even like this whole journey for me has been full of the full circle moments, like constantly, like I can't even explain, like even the hotel I'm staying it right now, literally outside my window is the old Diva bar on commercial rope, which was the first that I ever did show in in Melbourne. Like even talking to you as another full circle moment. Who knows what's to happen, But I just know that I'm in the right place and I've done the right thing, and I've done myself and my country and Australia hope Brown without getting emotional about it, but yeah, I'm really proud. So thank you.
Speaker 2: And you've now told everyone that you're staying at the Color Hotel, so.
Speaker 1: Well I have.
Speaker 2: I'll just ed about out of the podcast. I'll bleeve it so well.
Speaker 1: I'll be gone tomorrow flag again, So don't worry, don't be long.
Speaker 2: I'll all turn up. Actually, when they say everyone, I mean myself. I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for the chat, Thanks so much for your generosity time with your time as well.
Speaker 1: Oh no, honestly, thank you like it's it's honestly, it's nothing. It's I'm nobody special, I'm just a person. So I love that you've taken the time to talk to me. So thank you so much.