Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Right now, that's good news as we do our best to try and uplift you on a Friday into another lockdown weekend. So what is something you can say is good news to have some kind of gratitude anything in your.
Speaker 2: Life you need to find right now, for that's good news.
Speaker 1: Patsy's got some she's out just out there burning a tie right now.
Speaker 2: Put some paint on the both. It doesn't even lean away from it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's good news. Nine four one four one oh four three. If you have good news, share it and cheer all of us up. That's good news to me. Tomorrow evening, we.
Speaker 2: Have no choice. Now. We're doing the zoom hangout thing with our friends. You know.
Speaker 1: Some one of our friends suggested it last weekend. I was like, no, no, no, we're only be It's just the one weekend thing. We'll be out of it in a couple of days time. We don't need to cave in this Quickly fast forward to this weekend. There's ten couples.
Speaker 2: We're doing online wine tasting and then we're going to have a little quiz ten couples.
Speaker 1: Yes for long and also I don't know how you two are together when you were a.
Speaker 2: Couple on zoom together. My wife sort of occupies.
Speaker 1: I'm not out on the edge, and then she does this thing when she leans forward.
Speaker 2: You don't need to shout into it, and you're filling the entire screen.
Speaker 1: Last year, when we did this, my wife and I in the inn, I just went to another room and we had to open up another screen so I could just be in a different part of the house from old shouting into the camera. All right, so what is your good news? Let's go to Tiffany. Good morning, Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Christian here are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Tiffany. What's your good news? Mate?
Speaker 3: It's actually great news, well for us it is, anyway, l fourteen months old William slept through the night all wait this week for the first time in six months.
Speaker 2: That is amazing you dream of that? Oh you must be buzzing today, Yes, much so? For fourteen months? Is that really how long it takes?
Speaker 4: No longer? Again?
Speaker 3: And did you wake up and think, oh, my goodness, I feel so refreshed because I've actually had a decent night's sleep. Yes, definitely. Even when I woke up this morning I didn't even have to he even here out for him. The first couple of nights a wear all. Hang on a minute, I'm not used to me.
Speaker 1: You think something's wrong. You check the little baby monitor and stuff like that. Doesn't feel right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this morning was the first morning of waking up not hearing you going no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Know he's good.
Speaker 1: That's great news, so I hope he continues. Tiffany, Okay, thank you, all right. I have a nice weekend, you too.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 5: Jane.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jane, what's your good news?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: Excuse me. I passed my Ambulance Victoria interview yesterday to get a graduate position as a paramedic.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is great. We're all over three three two. That's great. You're deliberately waiting to the end. This is awesome news. Congratulations and well done.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I still have a little bit to go before I actually get a position.
Speaker 4: It will take a little while, but the hardest parts over after.
Speaker 1: That's good, well done. You should be very proud of yourself. Amazing thing to do.
Speaker 2: Thank you. All right, Jane, have a nice weekend. Hope you celebrate. Hi, Jesse, my good news.
Speaker 6: And I'm very much looking forward to it. Is that the client is cooking us a roast Lamb for lunch today on site, Lovely, who was the kind we're doing your renovation at his house?
Speaker 2: Is a movie or TV show? The client.
Speaker 6: The apprentice to use names during COVID times, you know, right.
Speaker 2: The clients.
Speaker 1: This is odio Tom Cruise movie Tom Cruise from the producers of which impossible is the client.
Speaker 2: And you know what, You're having a roast? Did you say that, Jesse?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rose Lamb roasgies. It's gonna smell a eye. So we're hanging the doors and yeah, framing out his house.
Speaker 2: Awesome, all right, we'll enjoy having nice weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you you two guys.
Speaker 1: All right, what is your good news? Nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 2: Three Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: There's always something in our lives we can use to try and stop us going towards the dancers too much, especially as we enter another lockdown weekend and we can't be doing the things that we want to do, and you're miss making plans. And I've had emails this week from people who'd there's a poor couple listened to this show that have moved.
Speaker 2: Their wedding three times.
Speaker 1: And then you led it to this weekend because obviously a couple of months ago that looked like a surefire shoe in the world was opening up, especially for us in Melbourne, and then suddenly last week happened really really, really quickly, and we're this is the third time they're having to move their wedding and there you know, it's it's so hard for these couple. Yeah, my sister in law ended up just getting married in a civil ceremony because they were doing the same thing, kept pushing it back. Yeah, so our heart goes out to people who are having it tough right now, but hopefully on the show each morning, we're trying to give you a little bit of cheer, and right now we're trying to do that, trying to find something in your life you can use as good news that actually you're grateful for. Before we go to lines, some of the ones that have also come in from Josephine. Her good news just got her Australian citizenship.
Speaker 2: This finger's got to be me next year. I can go for my next year. Really, yes, I cannot wait start practicing. I've been observing you all for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: I've got my notes I've got my notes the client a big TV show here. I just found out Josephine is now on Australian Sisters and well done.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous.
Speaker 1: Also got your Visor vaccine and you won your first research grant, all in the same week.
Speaker 2: You're having an amazing week, Judy.
Speaker 1: My daughter got a driver's license yesterday so I can retire as a chauffeur.
Speaker 2: So I look forward to that, Judy. Craig, this is amazing. Craig.
Speaker 1: I hope you're recovering well. Listen to us right now in hospital. Had a massive heart tent last weekend. Stent put in today and he feels fantastic. Craig, I hope you are right, buddy. That's amazing news. Michelle has started a zumba online classes again.
Speaker 2: Yes it was. I saw my wife yesterday. I came home.
Speaker 1: She was doing the downward Dog. She was back to doing those yoga classes online. You know we all started that last year yoga one session online.
Speaker 2: Yoga, Debbie.
Speaker 1: The kid's good news is that I've decided to get takeaway tonight pizza instead of cooked dinner.
Speaker 2: And Shaye, my.
Speaker 1: Woolies delivery came yesterday with an additional box of crumbed fish.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go into lines. John, Good morning, good morning. Are we we're good? John? And what's your good news?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 5: Well? My good news is it just over the past Inansisco, in wag So I've managed to lose eighteen kilos.
Speaker 2: That is good news. That's good news. You ever a kilo a week? What have you been doing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Are you? Well? Look, it's just basically very very carefully, you know, just going for long walks, really watching, but most importantly it's watching when you eat, and just practicing lots of mindfulness, you know, just some relaxation. And look, the reason I have to do it is because you know, I was nearly tipped the triple figures to one hundred kilos and I mainly fight for nine. So it's not a good look and it's really not good for your health. So I decided to really make a stand against these lockdowns on a personal level. And so I'm not going to allow myself to, you know, get to that point. I mean, I also, I mean, I'm a high school teacher and I have to sort of teach remotely at the moment, I'm sitting down all day on that team's app and teaching and preparing and it's tough. So I mean when you listen to other people's problems, I mean believing my mine is mind puzzan in comparison compet to some other people's problems. But I just sort of want to share that good news.
Speaker 1: That is great news, that's inspirational for people. Mate, Well done, I mean, do you feel better?
Speaker 5: Oh look, it's amazing. The really good part about it is I can actually I've got all my clothes back. I mean, I got all these clothes without having to have to spend spend a cent on buying new clothes. So that's a really good part, you know.
Speaker 2: And do you have a target you're going to keep going or have you reached?
Speaker 5: You probably probably just have a couple of kilos and that's about it. I sort of just kept that maintenance, sort of like I tend to float between, you know, float between between a couple of kilos. And then the good part about is, you know, you give yourself permission to sort of you know, have the occasion little splurge and you know not and not you know, deny yourself totally because otherwise you end up going bonkers over that sort of thing, you know, But yeah, it's been great, like so fantastic. My two boys really appreciate it as well.
Speaker 2: I bet all right, well done.
Speaker 5: John, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I had a great day and you Tracy. Good morning Tracy. What's your good news for us?
Speaker 4: My three year old grandson successfully survived open heart surgery yesterday.
Speaker 1: Wow, you've got three year old grandson who had to go undergo heart surgery yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was his second surgery. He peaked first is at three weeks old, and then the champions at the Royal Melbourne Hospital fixed all up yesterday.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. I mean, that is the best news we're all going to hit today. Thanks for sharing that, and how are mum and dad bowing up with it.
Speaker 2: All as well? Because what a thing to go through for you all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough because obviously I can't be there at the hospital to support them, and they're only allowed in one of their time at the moment, so they're tagged teaming it. He's in intensive care still today, but hopefully by the end of the day he'll be well enough to go on ward and my daughter can then stay with him overnight.
Speaker 2: To talk about the best news for all of you.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing that a little three year old what's your grandson's name, Jackson Jackson, lovely name and so they've been sharing photos. You can still keep update with what's going.
Speaker 2: On with them all.
Speaker 4: Absolutely yeah. I got a couple of photos of the poor little sleepy fellow yesterday after surgery, full of all the tubes and everything still obviously, but they can't speak highly enough of the Royal Children's Hospital though, the team. They're absolute champions and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: And that is fantastic news. I wish you and your family and Jackson all the best from us.
Speaker 2: So what do you do? It's fantastic news, and thank you very much for sharing it as well.
Speaker 1: If there's anything we can do on the show to help you guys out, please let me know, shoot us an email.
Speaker 4: Okay, absolutely thanks Christian, thanks every mud, take.
Speaker 2: Care lots of that book. Christian O'Connell Show Podcast