Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Welcome to the Friday Show.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connor here, Happy Friday, Jack Post, Good morning guys, Happy Friday, Patria Jones, you two, Christian, Big weekend. It's my wife, my incredible wife's birthday today and so.
Speaker 1: Big family dinner. I'm cooking tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm smoking a brisket, so the moment we've done with today's show, I will fire up the smoker from about ten am to seven pm tonight to smoke a brisket.
Speaker 1: And then yes, we're all all my daughters.
Speaker 4: The cake as well.
Speaker 5: The cake you do great cake.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: One of my daughters is making a cake for her mom, which is actually.
Speaker 1: Far more personal.
Speaker 3: But my wife is on this Keito diet. It's really changed your life. Doesn't get any migraines on that. But it's got to be gluten free because Lois is gluten free. So it's a gluten free Keito cake. That means zero cos left in, no gluten and no sugar. So I've organized a smaller cake for me. I ain't going to hide someone and go I just.
Speaker 1: Go and top up everyone we must have sugar.
Speaker 5: Birthday isn't yours?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 4: It's not even a birthday cake anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's made out of, like husk and rust. But it's an amazing day and the kids are all home tonight, so it be a lovely family dinners, super exciting.
Speaker 1: And then it's your birthday Sunday.
Speaker 4: Sunday. Yes, we're going away this afternoon. I can't wait. Banious organized this surprise golf, two days of golf with me and her staying in Dalsford and Mum and Dad are taking Gordy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then then on Sunday, on my actual birthday, we'll be back in Melbourne. And I've got to go to a three year old's birthday. No, yeah, I said I should be able to get out of that birthday. Get out of that.
Speaker 3: You should have to that's not that's not not on your birthday.
Speaker 4: It is one of my best friends from high school.
Speaker 1: Then you have to go.
Speaker 3: Then you have to go. And how old do you think Jack is turning? Take a look at it, thirty six, thirty seven, thirty closing.
Speaker 1: In on the leagues, and you get.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what are you up to this weekend to Sister Act tonight the Melbourne with Casey Casey Donovan.
Speaker 5: That is amazing. So I'm looking forward today.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up next and we get into this week's double Thumbs Up. This is where Me, Chack and Pats go around the team and talk about the things that we're into this week.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast, Patsy, what have you been enjoying this week?
Speaker 2: Kathy Bates's news show Matt Locke has just premiered old TV show. She does refer to it. It's her name is Matt Locke, but it's not actually a spin.
Speaker 4: Off of You've Got Nothing to Do with It?
Speaker 2: No, But she does play a lawyer and she's love Kathy Bates. She looks so good. And Bo Bridges is in this as well. Yeah, so she's a lawyer and there's a really great twist plot twist at the very end of this first episode. Very frustrating though, watching something on the Old School team once.
Speaker 1: A week, Yeah, once? Yeah, Apple, Will I do that for their shows? Now? It drives me?
Speaker 3: No, I can't.
Speaker 5: It's like I need.
Speaker 1: More because you look forward to it then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, I guess it's on a Monday night. But I said to Chris he over he was talking to Audrey and I didn't hear this, this crucial plot point, And I said, oh god, can you please rewind that I missed that you were by talking.
Speaker 5: You said, I can't. It's on the Telly, like you can't. Maybe you can on ten player.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're going to get one of those smart yeah. Yeah, yeah, when you're streaming it, you can go back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it is brilliant. Matt Lockett's on a Monday night on one.
Speaker 3: Of your favorite legal shows, Lois to Night. At the moment, we're watching Suits from episode one.
Speaker 1: That's actually really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. However, my daughter is basing her future life as a possible lawyer on that TV show.
Speaker 1: And you're such a smart kid. This is a TV show. This isn't reality. Come to a building.
Speaker 3: The legal team of the greatest looking people here, lovely people, but.
Speaker 4: Suits makes it look sex slamorous. My brother in LAWA is a lawyer, and honestly, he there and has three contracts all the day time. Just look at the word the wording in contracts.
Speaker 1: You don't want a former lawyer. She quit it and her life's been the better for it.
Speaker 3: No, just suspect to any lawyers that actually it's an important job, really important job, and.
Speaker 1: Some people really we need lawyers. But I'm just saying to her, this is a TV show, Come on, see through the matrix.
Speaker 2: Like forensic science, that was one of the most popular and probably still steal is one of the most popular courses because people think it's light aside, and so they they're all.
Speaker 1: Living the high life in New York. You get like a fresh apartment.
Speaker 5: It's not like that.
Speaker 1: At all, but it's good to crush young girls. Hopes.
Speaker 5: The other thing came up for dog toys.
Speaker 2: Seriously, they've got I just got this because I just thought it was fun.
Speaker 4: Is that a dog toy? I thought we were about to get eat some pizza.
Speaker 2: So they've done this range of toys that look like Arno it shapes, the traditional box of Arnet shapes, and they're called wagon lots And I got this pizza ones. Now listen, it's not it's not a chewy one. It's more like a play toy. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: What a cruel thing to do on a dom. They think they're getting a bit of peach. It's just a chewy old toy.
Speaker 4: It's even cruel to because I saw it pack it away and I actually thought we.
Speaker 5: Were really whimsical.
Speaker 1: I just thought he's going to riot.
Speaker 2: No, I brought it in so one of you, or maybe Caitlin's little pussy dog might like that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Henry's very petite.
Speaker 1: And phrase cli.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if that's a cancel work because it's not technically a word.
Speaker 1: Sound right, we know we heard it first Jackie.
Speaker 5: Here is Gentle and Demure.
Speaker 3: The last show on radio. Actually, I'm not sure you can be cancer in Australian radio. I can't forget what up against in the morning.
Speaker 2: Have you listen to it? So that is for Henry because I just thought it was novel. I just thought it was great and some of the best non destructive toys you will find it came up.
Speaker 5: We've still got doggie bones from a few years ago. Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 1: And so much love? And I promise you we get not.
Speaker 5: A single set, seriously.
Speaker 1: I just like.
Speaker 4: How much you sprewked them.
Speaker 2: I know, but it'd say it's it's good.
Speaker 5: It's one of my favorite places.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up next and we're going to take a break. When we come back, Jack and I will share our double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up the Christian O'Connell Show podcast every Friday, first half hour the show, we do some called double thumbs up where we talk about the things we're into at the moment.
Speaker 3: So if you're looking for a new TV show or someone to watch this weekend, there might be something in it for you.
Speaker 1: Jackie boy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 4: We watched finally watched Inside Out too.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: It's streaming now Disney Plus. So good, so good. And we watched recently with Gordy number one.
Speaker 1: What did he get from it?
Speaker 4: Actually it's hard. He's still too young, really, and we have.
Speaker 1: To watch it.
Speaker 3: You'll be to come back in a couple of years time, right, and that will not just with kids, for us adults. That movie both of them, right, but actually helps us understand all the beauty in all of our emotions, not just the ones we think we want, the.
Speaker 1: Other ones you want to kind of shy away and.
Speaker 4: To accept them and not just them. It's a great message. We have to watch.
Speaker 1: It's so funny over.
Speaker 4: Three installments because he watches about half an hour a night, but he loved it. It's streaming out on Disney Plus.
Speaker 3: All right, come of show to me. Another one on Disney Plus. I'm not sure you should be watching this with Gordy. It's called The Old Man if you've seen it up there, Bridges, yes, yeah, Grizzy Old and John Lithgow, those two together, Oh my god. These kind of TV shows are made for me. Jeff Bridge is a retired former CIA operative who's living off the grid, and then one day he gets a knock at the door. Who's at the door his past. It's come to kill him? An assassin When assassin doesn't knock at the door, obviously, mister Bridges, I'm.
Speaker 1: An assassin very much to kid you damn it two and John Lithgow is in as well. It is so good.
Speaker 4: My dad's tearing through that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's very good.
Speaker 3: Also, we just finished Shrinking season two, which somehow is even been on the first one.
Speaker 1: That's great. And also I got to.
Speaker 3: Say, Jackie boy, you had a TV show last week, a comedy English teacher.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're still watching it. It's so good.
Speaker 1: That is ten out of ten for us.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so glad.
Speaker 1: Well, last week we've done seven episodes.
Speaker 3: That is laugh out loud funny, extremely funny show. Oh my god, they're all great in the whole cast. And you're right, what is it twenty three minutes?
Speaker 4: Yeah they're quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really really really great show. That's English Teacher. You can find out on Disney. And we're also really excited. On Monday Night a couple of days time, we rock to go and see the preview of Gladiator too. I am so excited. Yeah, it's not a red carpet for us. It's a Monday night when it's not one of your Thursday Frida nights. Are you bothered about saying Gladiator?
Speaker 5: I can't really really, it's not really my genre. Who is it?
Speaker 3: Paul Mescal, Pedro Pascal. I saw the Pescal Pascal, Denzel Washington as well. I cannot, I literally can original this weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast