Speaker 1: So I had that initial sting and then like I reminded myself, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: This person is doing it.
Speaker 1: If she can do it, I can do it too. So, guys, when we have envy, I want you to use this as an expander.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to.
Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life. Which had a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the RNC community behind you.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast.
Speaker 2: I've got a solo episode.
Speaker 1: For you, and it's kind of a bit random, but I saw a quote on my girlfriend's Instagram. She owns a crystal company called Core Crystal Co. And she posted this quote title that said, your triggers are your teachers. Whatever triggers you reveals.
Speaker 2: What needs to be healed.
Speaker 1: And it's really funny because I've been talking, not talking. Sorry, I have been doing a lot of like internal work and journaling around triggers and also just I guess thinking about triggers in general lately. So I saw that quote and then I was like, I want to do a podcast on it, because usually if I have that feeling, you know someone needs it. And I think for me, triggers has been such a journey of the biggest thing we can do is be aware why something upsets us, because that is the first step, and then from there we can kind of dig deep and see why this triggers us, why this upsets us, write a new story and really go into it. So I did put a little question thing on my story asking what you guys wanted me to talk about. So many answers, and a lot of them were very kind of deep rooted in trauma, and I just don't feel comfortable talking about those sorts of things, Like first of all, I'm not a professional. This is you know, a self help podcast. But you know, I'm not a psychologist, I'm not a counselor.
Speaker 2: Anything like that.
Speaker 1: I talk about my experience and what I'm currently learning and how I'm applying it to my life, but I really don't feel comfortable going into like deep trauma. And then also, yeah, I just think, you know, trauma from your childhood or a previous relationship that's really deep rooted. I just think it's it's going to be so helpful to get professional help for that. So I don't really feel comfortable going into that. But the main thing that people were kind of, you know, dming me about was like jealousy and envy. And it's funny because I have also been diving deep into those concepts lately, just because I'm going to be adding on another module of my Rise and Conker project, so the next round will be the first people to have that module, and then of course, if you have purchased the reject previously, you will be able to get that module as well. But yeah, so I've been getting into that, so it was kind of funny, and so I wanted to chat about jealousy and envy triggers. But before I go into that, I guess I just want to do a skim across what I believe about triggers and kind of what I'm talking about. So I am a big believer that like triggers are often like, you know, a mirror.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, So triggers.
Speaker 1: I feel like triggers are often something given to us from the universe that is a mirror that is like, look, you need to heal this, you need to get into this. So if something is upsetting us, we need to like dive deeper into that.
Speaker 2: And it's usually nothing to do with the other person. It's all to do with us.
Speaker 1: So a big thing is like awareness and then getting deeper. And I'll just give you a real quick kind of trigger scenario me personally.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I remember years ago, you guys might know that my husband is like a complete chiller. Like he here's the opposite to me. I am not a chiller, and he, you know, totally relax. So he's a total chiller. And he even though he's very proactive and he's very tidy, but he very much can step into this calm do things just because he wants to do things not have too many worries. And I'm the opposite where I'm a high achiever, I feel like I always need to be doing something otherwise I don't have worth. And so a simple thing that triggered me years ago with Tim is on a Saturday, if I was working and he was literally just chilling doing nothing, like on the couch the whole day. It used to trigger me because I would I would be like, what are you doing? Like you free time? You should be mowing or you know, doing this, or you know, taking advantage of your time or working, and he was like, no, I just want to do nothing. And that was triggering to me because in myself, I don't know how to do that. I don't know how to sit there and just completely completely relax and receive and whatnot. Like now I'm a lot better at because I've realized it. But before and then, so I used to take that as I was just agitated and annoyed at him. Bit really he was mirroring a quality that I wanted in my life and that I didn't know how to get. So does that make sense? So usually something triggers you, it's mirroring something usually that you need to heal or something that you want. Okay, guys, so that's just a little over overview. Let's talk about jealousy and envy. So, guys, we all have social media, Like probably if you're listening to this episode, you probably have social media, and you know, gone of the days where we can just be jealous of our friends and our neighbors or whatnot. Like now we literally have the touch of our fingers everyone's lives and usually it's the highlight reel. So it's very easy to feel envious and jealous. So first of all, I just want you guys to know the difference between these two words, because there's a difference, and I know, I don't know people can use them interchangeably. But basically, so, jealousy occurs when somethink, and this is a definition, jealousy occurs when somethink we already possess, usually like you know, a special relationship or something like that, is threatened by a third person. So jealousy is, you know, when you see a beautiful girl talking to your husband, or maybe your best friend is hanging out with another you know girl a lot more than you. So jealousy is actually to do when you already have something and you're worried that it might be taken or like, or the person might leave or the thing might leave, whereas envy occurs when we lack a desired attribute or thing enjoyed by another. So if we're talking about someone on Instagram who let's say they're a travel blogger and they're always like really not at the moment, but they're always traveling to Bali and Dubai and they're going first class and you're someone who loves to travel, that is envy, not jealousy. So I just wanted to make sure we, yeah, make a difference between that. Yeah, So, like jealousy is usually like a three person situation, whereas envy is usually just you and another person. So guys, just quickly with jealousy because I don't want to touch on it too much because again, like I'm not really qualified, you know, in that relationship sort of section. And also I just really want to talk about the other stuff because I'm it's you know, I have more to talk about.
Speaker 2: I guess. But so just quickly with jealousy.
Speaker 1: If you're jealous of someone, let's just say it's your partners, I don't know, coworker or something like that. A great thing to start with is what inside you or what in the relationship do you believe that that person.
Speaker 2: Can leave or will leave you? And usually that's.
Speaker 1: Like a worthiness issue that you need to look into. So, for example, I have we kind of Me and Tim had this running joke where like we got together when I was seventeen, and so I went through my eighteen stage with Tim, and most of the time he was with me, like coming clubbing with me. Otherwise, you know, I was out with the girls, and I think I remember maybe one or two if that, but you know, if I was talking to other guys or hanging with other guys, literally Tim didn't care or he didn't show that, and he never seemed jealous. And I remember making the joke that it's like I don't even know, I don't even know if Tim likes me, because he just does not get jealous.
Speaker 2: And so that is, like, I guess, a.
Speaker 1: Deep rooted thing that he always felt very worthy of me and our relationship and he didn't feel rocked by it. Whereas if you ask someone who gets jealous, easy doesn't necessarily mean the person you know is at fault, like maybe they are, but it's like what in what inside you believes that you are not worthy of this person sticking around that you know, are not worthy, you know, the person leaving or whatnot. So it's just like something to think about. But again, and I don't really want to go into that too much. It doesn't feel like my sort of thing. But I really want to talk about envy because I think this is something that absolutely gets everybody. Like I said, we see someone on social media that has a life that we want and we're envious, or you know, maybe it's a friend. You know, like maybe it's a friend that you're like, oh my god, she's just always getting the thing I.
Speaker 2: Want, or.
Speaker 1: You know, achieving the goals I want to do or something like that. And so I really want to chat about that today. So first of all, I'm a big believer that you won't get envious unless you want that thing.
Speaker 2: But also you can receive it.
Speaker 1: So this is kind of like, you know, me, I'm getting into manifesting, FYI. So this is kind of like the thing I always say, you guys know, I always say your desires are put on your heart for a reason. So you know that thing that you want was put on your heart from for a reason, and you need to go and follow that because that's going to lead you to either the end result or the next thing. And so I'm also a big believer in you know, our envy being there as almost like a mirror of what we can have. We just need to believe we can have it.
Speaker 2: Okay, r n C.
Speaker 1: Fam, We're taking a quick break and I want to ask you, guys, are you getting your daily recommended intake of three fruits and five veggies?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Sometimes maybe I feel you on this. Wow.
Speaker 2: So in a perfect world.
Speaker 1: We are getting all a vitamin mini rules and needs from our food directly. But because we live such hectic lives and our soil is often lacking from so much farming done, that doesn't always happen that and that's why supplements are so popular. And that's why Naked Harvest was born just to be very transparent with you. So what we really wanted to do was make sure you're getting what you need in a convenient way when you're not getting your daily recommended intake of veggies. In so introducing our newest product, Gorgeous Greens, which is a greens powder that actually tastes delicious. So we have been formulating this for quite a while because honestly, it was so hard to have a greens powder that has all the good stuff and that tastes delicious, Like I honestly get why so many other greens powders just taste so foul. And honestly, any other greens powder I bought, I've just never finished and I just throw it away. So there are two flavors. That is very vanilla and mango magic. I recommend getting very vanilla if you just want to add it to your smoothies, but if you do want to have it by itself, Mango magic is so delicious and so flavorsome. Also, guys, the greens Plowder is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined, sugar free, and family friendly. So one scoop equals one stefs of veggies, so you're really getting veggies in at breakfast time if you're a smoothie lover like me, And it just makes it easier to get all the veggies in and to really making sure you're getting the vitamins and minerals you need daily. So I absolutely know that if you try this product, you will love it. That's how confident I am with this greens powder, because ah, we have just with aste, we've aced the flavor. So guys, if you need to get some veggies in your day in a more convenient way, try gorgeous Screens today. So I do have a sneaky code for my Rising Conker family, which is just Rise and Conquer podcasts. You can just put that at checkout at Naked Harvest Supplements dot com and the gorgeous greens is under the wellness tab. Okay, enough about gorgeous greens. Let's get back into the show. And so try and think about this because you're maybe thinking, what, no, like I can't have that thing, which again that's a limiting belief. But for example, you know, Harro was talking about that travel blogger, Like I follow heats of travel bloggers on Instagram, and not once have I been envious of a travel blogger. And that is because in no way, shape or form is it in my you know, journey or life to do that does that make sense? Like, don't get me wrong, I love their pictures, I love seeing like you know, places they're going to, and I like holidaying, but the idea of traveling for a living literally makes me anxious. I'm such a homebody. I love being at home. I love having my routines. I love you know, that sort of side of things, like yeah, I like to holiday at tropical places, but you know, maybe three four times a year and that's about it. So that travel blogger would never trigger me because their life is no way or shape or form what I want or my future. Does that make sense? Whereas for example, literally I had something today where I saw someone who has a podcast and you know, sim following or like even less ener following, not doing a similar thing, but she brought out a book.
Speaker 2: And that's I think.
Speaker 1: I've been very open that, like I would love to write a book in the future, not anytime soon, because I just don't have the capacity and I almost don't know what it would be on what I kind of do. But long story short is I had this initial sting. I guess of she wrote a book and she has a book, and that is only because I would love to write a book. I would love to have my own book. I would love to, you know, do that side of things. And don't get me wrong, I know I will or you know, do something similar in some shape or form at a later date. So I had that initial sting and then like I reminded myself, this is amazing. This person is doing it. If she can do it, I can do it too. And so, guys, this is the light bulb moment of the episode. I love that I told you that this is the light bulb moment. So guys, when we have envy, I want you to use this as an expander. So what is an expander? And this is kind of, you know, the module that I will be including the next round, hopefully, because I think it's so important important in manifesting. So manifesting is you really need to believe in your worth to attract that thing to get that thing. If you don't believe that you can have it, or you don't believe you deserve it, you will not attract that thing.
Speaker 2: It's just law of attraction.
Speaker 1: So what I love about envy is not only does it mirror to us what we want, but we can then use that thing as proof proof, you know, to the universe, to ourselves that if that person can do it, I can do it too. And I said, I've been really diving deep into these concepts, and I've realized in my life that I have used certain people, certain things, even like TV shows as expanders to I guess, manifest certain things or get where I want to go. So this is like a really basic example, and you're going you're literally going to find this hilarious. So I've definitely said this on podcasts when people ask me, you know, why did I want to do law?
Speaker 2: There was two things.
Speaker 1: So my oldest brother's girlfriend was doing law, and she was this like very cool girl. So she was in grade twelve and she wanted to do law, and she was like studying for it at this point, and she was a very kind of like cool girl. Like I really looked up to my older brother and I was like, oh, she's doing law, Like she's smart enough to do law. And she kind of came from a very like I don't want to say poor background, but yeah, like her parents didn't have any money. She came from a very yeah, I would just say, like poor sort of household. And I guess I had in my head that you kind of had to be wealthy to go to university, and so I saw that, you know, through everything, she got a good enough op she went to university and she did law. And that was kind of the first time that I had ever opened to myself up to expand enough to be like, oh, well, if she can do it, I can do it too. So there's my first expander in following my dreams. The second one was and again you guys are going to laugh, but and I've said this on a podcast, but I watched Legally Blonde. So in Legally Blonde, the story is, you know, she's this dumb blonde. She's super fun and good looking and just has a good time all the time. Wow, And her boyfriend goes to law school and yeah, anyway, she ends up following him, goes to law school, is really good at it, studies really hard and you know, can do law and becomes a lawyer. And again, that was an expander for me. It was a story where a girl comes from a background that isn't necessarily like the typical background of that degree.
Speaker 2: Bit does it, puts.
Speaker 1: In the work and yeah, gets to that point. So that was an expander for me. And so that's why guys like it. If you see something on Instagram, if there's a girl that triggers you, or you know a friend that triggers you, instead of sitting there and being negative about that situation, I really want you to think and be like, what does she have that I want? And maybe it's not the whole scenario, Maybe it's a tiny little bit or you know, a trait or something like that, and then look at the whole thing of instilling the belief that if she can have it, I can have it too. So again, guys, and this is also another thing, like if you are trying to manifest something and it seems a bit out of reach or it seems a bit like you're trying to get on board with it, but you're like, fuck, like you know.
Speaker 2: It's it's huge, it's a big it's a big dream you're going after.
Speaker 1: I really encourage you to surround yourself with people who have accomplished that, so you know that might not be you know, friends or family, but are there people online? Are there people on Instagram? And so like, for example, let's just say you're really young, and let's just say you're literally like seventeen and you want to start a company. And you're like, oh, I'm so young, I've got no experience. I should go do a degree. Like I would be googling people and going who has this successful company at seventeen? Looking into their life, reading into it. So your brain can be like, you know, this person did it, I can do it too. And don't get me wrong, like, of course, I think there's scenarios where you have to go through a journey and you have to like, for example, that scenario like maybe it is very helpful going to UNI or doing you know, a business course or something like that. But I think if we can really change our beliefs and go, hey, that person can do it, I can do it too. So again it's like, look at who you're envious of, and instead of seeing this trigger as negative, I really want you to use it as an expander and see it as a like a possibility in your life. And it's okay if you can't fully get on board. So you know, a great example is let's just say you follow someone and it triggers you because she, you know, comes from money, and so it's it's like, you know, it's not the scenario of she she did it, I can do it too, because you don't come from money. But I think what you would then do is you would look for people who are successful who didn't come from money. Does that make sense? And that's like like when I talk about money, like you guys know, I'm very open about money, like I've openly said, you know how much Naked Harvest makes and you know that we've bought our third house and all these different scenarios, And if that triggers you in any way, it usually just means, like I said, you know there's something in there that you would like to own three properties, but you maybe feel like you can't. But instead, instead of being negative towards me, use me as an expander. Because I didn't come from money. You guys know, I very much work to a got where I want to be. So it's like if I can do it, anyone can do it. And I think that's why I do share a lot of those things because I would love to be an expander for someone in that situation. Again, guys, like, it's not always going to be as simple as that, and maybe this person triggers you from a deep rooted you know, trauma or something like that, and I very much encourage you to work with a professional or you know, even look at what inside you do you believe that you're not worthy of this thing you want, and then I you know, you will get into limiting beliefs and limiting beliefs is a whole nother kettle of fish. And that's why in my Rising Conker project, we have a couple of modules on limiting beliefs, because yeah, it's a lot. There's a lot into it, and it's really a practice of reframing the stories. But sometimes it's you know, it's not that simple.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I know this has.
Speaker 1: Been a bit of a random episode and it's maybe not that put together because I'm freshly thinking about these things going into it, and I don't usually put things onto the podcast until like I've really dived deep and feel super confident. But I did want to speak about it because it just kind of, you know, came to my Like I say, like, if something comes up for me and I really want to put on the podcast, it's usually because someone else needs it. So I do hope this was helpful. There were a lot of other talking points in regards to triggers, so I might do another episode, but again, I don't really feel that comfortable, and I think you should really seek professional help around like, you know, deep rooted trauma triggers. But yeah, I hope that was helpful guys, and I will see you in my next episode.
Speaker 2: Bye for now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening for another rn C episode.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate.
Speaker 1: Taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about and your craving community, please come and join us over at the rn C podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer podcast community on Facebook and I will be in there to chat to you until next time.
Speaker 3: They contact the Vicunity