Speaker 1: She's on the Money radio show with Victoria Divine. Now, hello and welcome to that. She's on the Money Podcast, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. That's right, Oh mate, that was better than last week.
Speaker 2: And look, Mitch, do you reckon? You do better?
Speaker 3: I reckon, I'll do.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a turn next week.
Speaker 3: Yeh, all right, next week.
Speaker 4: If I nail it, I get Travs salary, and I also get Travs full family and all his all his.
Speaker 5: He's not actually his cat. That's really nice. So you might want to take the cat. Oh god, okay, sorry, sorry, all right, well I'm both.
Speaker 3: So I don't want Trav's disgusting cat.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm trying to make fun jokes here. I'm trying to be friendly. I'm trying to be kind, and you guys are just being.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you're the one who just absolutely shit canned me.
Speaker 5: So because I want to go, because it's my hand's day today, my friends are waiting.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, though, I've actually got an another little money tidbit. Remember last week I gave you two really cool fun facts about money. No, remember the scents and the notes? Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but did we put those on the Oh, we did put those on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was actually really good.
Speaker 1: I've got another one, money fats, money fat. Do you know in like twenty cent pieces, in tens, actually any coin, they've got a ridge around the edge, right, So there's ridges around the edge. Yeah. Do you know why they are?
Speaker 5: So they make nice sounds when they roll, That's all I've got.
Speaker 3: No, because you've put a lot of thought into that.
Speaker 5: Hey what have you got, midge. Why do they have ridges around the edge.
Speaker 3: Because they're for blind people?
Speaker 1: Oh no, because they're all well the same ridges mate.
Speaker 2: No, that that would be fine.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 5: Because fifty cent pieces they're smooth. They feel different to twenty.
Speaker 1: Cent because back in the day, right, people actually would clip off little parts of the silver coins because the silver was made from was a little Finally, they'd collect them from every coin, go snip snip, snip, snip snip, and then they'd go and take those to the bank and get more money for them, still spend the coins. So they put ridges around the outside so people couldn't do it because if they cut it off there was no ridges, they'd be like, somebody's messed with this. Coin.
Speaker 5: I'd still mess with the coin. You would anyway, I'd still mess with a coin. I think that's great.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: It took me a really long time to realize that our silver coins and our gold coins were not made of silver and they were not made of gold. I remember finding that out and I was like, oh, like here I am thinking that, Wow, I have a gold coin.
Speaker 2: It's not gold. They're lying.
Speaker 1: You know what isn't depressing? What isn't the free bloody chickens? Where you go with this three bloody chickens.
Speaker 2: Yes, three chickens.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about today.
Speaker 5: We've really taken the Victoria's Hens Day theme and run with it.
Speaker 1: I know, like, so people think, how can I save money? I bet when you go I'm going to listen to the Sheese on the Money radio show, I'm not going to learn how to get me a free chicken. Well, you are wrong, because you are this week.
Speaker 2: Look this week, I'm very occupated. It all pot is.
Speaker 4: Actually, oh my god, that's unethical. We can't say that again.
Speaker 5: We're going to say it again, and we're going to put it in the radio show. I hope it makes the final edit.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make.
Speaker 5: Sure played music really loud over that segment in the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no, it's fine. And also you're going to give some sneaky little tips about how we can get some more money in our bank accounts, but also get yourself into the lounge of your favorite airline very quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I like to go to the lounge when I'm flying because it makes me feel fancy, and then I go straight to the back of the plane when I get on it, so you know.
Speaker 2: The lounge is good. Free wine makes the flight more bearable and you can take it.
Speaker 3: There's no turbulence. There's no turbulence when you've.
Speaker 2: Had a wine, exactly a turbulence turbular.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do on your hands night before we go?
Speaker 2: I don't actually know.
Speaker 1: What are you hoping to do? What do you know?
Speaker 2: I don't have any Oh no I do.
Speaker 5: I did say no stroopers. I know that's a little bit bland. Yeah, like you guys can be a bit more creative than that.
Speaker 1: You got to cancel that stripper to cancel it, cancel.
Speaker 3: I got the three of them, all three.
Speaker 4: I'll call Braxton and you call Stella.
Speaker 2: The very Magic Mike.
Speaker 5: Oh, actually, if it's Magic Mike, we can absolutely have him. That's all right, I've got some rules. The only thing I know about my hands is that it is tennis themed.
Speaker 2: Oh that's at once.
Speaker 1: Yes, love all for all.
Speaker 2: I am kind of hoping it just means we drink.
Speaker 1: A lot of Pyms good or what's that other one that they drink all the time. Apol, Yeah, yeah, I love it, Apol Spritty sprints it up. All right. Well, the reason why Mitch and I are half naked is because we are your surprise strippers and the rest female.
Speaker 2: A be cup nice. If you need to borrow, let.
Speaker 1: Me know the rest. If you cannot see the show, you have to listen to the show, which is she's on the Money Radio show happening right now. Let's get into a Mitchie. This is She's on the Money radio show. Coming up a little bit later on, we're going to do a money dilemma where Maddie's actually asked whether or not Pet Insurance is a scam. Budget director, amazing pet Insurance. I believe your dog Lucy.
Speaker 2: Is with her Lucky Lucy.
Speaker 5: Honestly, thank god, I haven't had to claim on it, so you won't get any experience there.
Speaker 2: But you know what I have done read their pds. We love a PDS in this house. And you know what I'm gonna ask Mitch, Mitch, what's her pds?
Speaker 3: So I grew up with sisters pds?
Speaker 4: Is that time of mum and you know it hits and I don't want to say mood swings, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, all right, Okay, let's do this. Let's get out of this real quick.
Speaker 3: Give me a home, Mama, and the gum Trench.
Speaker 1: We love to gum Tree trash or treasure. Mitch. This is a brand new game that we've got for Victoria. Tell us what it is.
Speaker 4: So what's that feeling yet when you look through gum Tree and you think I'm a god found a piece of treasure or that's a piece of trash. But we all have an item that we've got off gum Tree. We'll bring it to each other. And I think I'm going to go first because this was actually sent in to me, guys Savage, he sent me this.
Speaker 3: So it's a limited edition Mario milk, Marrio milk.
Speaker 4: If you can see this, so the best by date on the milk is March tenth, but it actually spells out Mario.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, ah.
Speaker 3: Ten, it looks like Mario. They're asking for sixty nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Is it empty? Is it just the bottle? Has it been cleaned?
Speaker 3: It is full, So I don't think to drink the Mario milk.
Speaker 2: It's vintage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's trash for me. Trash all right? Is this a gum tree? Trash or treasure? A big blue yacht twenty three foot French to four thirteen hundred thin keel. I don't even know what the hell that is? That is either sell their boat, he says. I know with all of my projects, I won't get around to this one. The buyer will need to pick up lots of work I am, but it looks like it could end up being a great project. Located in Dalesford. Remember, you're going to have to go pick it up. What would you pay for that?
Speaker 5: I don't think i'd pay anything because I live quite close to the city and there's like permitted parking outside my house and there's actually not a lot of opportunity to store a boat.
Speaker 2: So I'm probably going to shy away from this one.
Speaker 1: Too many range rivers in the driveway then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's definitely it.
Speaker 3: Now this is trash for me, This is absolute trash. I'm not a boat boy. Look at me. They look like a boat boy.
Speaker 2: Well, you could be a boat boy.
Speaker 1: He looked pretty good in the little jem I've.
Speaker 2: Been watching below deck. You definitely look like you fit on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have to be the captain though, I couldn't be.
Speaker 3: Like a drink wench. I'd have to be the captain.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you'd definitely be like a deck hand. Did it be good?
Speaker 1: I think flirting very close for a Saturday morning for a certain amount of things here. No, okay, So it was twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty cheap for a boat.
Speaker 1: It was because now Victoria divine, it is free.
Speaker 4: Oh free, Oh Victoria put your life jacket on picking it up this saber.
Speaker 1: So trash, your treasure, trash.
Speaker 2: Like, honestly, what am I going to do with that?
Speaker 1: It's perfectly in line with your persona, the values.
Speaker 5: All right, well, guys, I have one for you, and I want to know if you guys think that it is trash or treasure. But I also want to know what you pay for this, this one I've picked up for you, mitchimg all right.
Speaker 2: So we've got three roosters, so three of us for you.
Speaker 3: Don't wait to hear how these ties.
Speaker 2: It's from Honeywood in Tasmania.
Speaker 5: It says, pet or pot free to a good home, umane killing or add to your own flock. I'm done with all the cockle doodle douce. They're about six months old. You better not be a cock fighter. Bad karma to you, okay, But the thing that really got me here was pet or pot. You can keep it, keep it or you could just cook it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just add some magi, yeah, curry favoring, and you got yourself tea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, babe, have you got some misseell stock? Chuck that in there, Throw a bay leaf. I don't know what else do they put in.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get these three roosters and you get them for free. They're coming straight to your house and you were going to cook us up a nice little feace, Victoria.
Speaker 2: I don't even eat chicken, guys. It makes me so uncomfortable. All right, So I want to know that's your treasure, recod.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's get back into the money stuff. It is time to do this. Yeah, each week we bring somebody's financial story on air. That's how we make sure that we're a legit money finance show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got to do something. Yeah leimate, Yeah, kicked off the radio or something.
Speaker 2: I don't want that to happen.
Speaker 3: And that's already almost happened. God, think that was awkward.
Speaker 2: Please don't talk about it. I shall gets You've.
Speaker 1: Still got two more strikes. It's fine, we can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you don't acknowledge it happened, it's not true exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you've got a question, hit us up on social with just search. She's on the Money. Mattie's actually posted in how she's on the Money Facebook community. She's asking Mitch about pet insurance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is what Maddie says. She says, first of all, I love the show, and Mitch is very handsome. Maddie, that's so kind. She also says, does anyone have any thoughts and experiences with pet insurance? We're getting a puppy and a few pigs. We live semi rurally and tics can be a problem around here. I just want to make sure I'm doing the best by her and make sure she's covered if anything happens, looking for reasons against and four good and bad experiences with specific companies, and things to watch out for in the contracts, etc. Victoria, this is your domain. You've got a dog and you know contracts. This is perfect for you.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: So we're going to go back to the contract part of this. Because you thought it was PMS not PDS.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it.
Speaker 1: I thought, ye we'd moved past that.
Speaker 2: We haven't.
Speaker 3: We had it.
Speaker 1: That's what the meeting was about, guys.
Speaker 5: But we're going to start the conversation there right. So PDS is a product disclosure statement, and that's actually going to tell you the terms and conditions of any type of insurance policy. And it seems to be the part that a lot of people get a little bit stuck on when they're picking insurance because you go to the website, you read all their beautiful marketing and see what they say and you go, all right, well that sounds good, sign up. And then unfortunately something might happen to a pet and you go to claim and you're like, oh, I thought I could claim I had pet insurance. But the PDS is the nitty grit details of the insurance policy, so you really need to actually have a bit of a flick through that to make sure it covers all the things that you're looking for. So Maddie said, there's a bit of a tick problem. So what I'd do is go to the pet insurance policy that you're looking at and even just control f tick.
Speaker 2: Look if it's covered or not.
Speaker 5: Because you don't want to get a pet insurance policy, pay for it because they can be expensive these days. Then if something happens, you find you're not actually covered for what you thought you were covered for. And that advice goes to any type of insurance, any type of policy that you take out, but when it comes to pet insurance, it's really up to you. So yes, I have pet insurance on Lucy. And the reason I do is because dogs are little nightmares. I would never want someone to be in the financial situation where they're like I have to pick between getting a loan or spending money I don't have in my pet's life. Because nowadays pets are such big parts of the family that I do think that insurance serves a really important role. However, I think a lot of the criticism around pet insurance comes from people not doing their research properly. Whereas Maddie has said, there's tick issues where I live, and I want to make sure that's all good. And if you look at you know, budget directs policy because there are best friends at the moment, Yeah, there is a tick policy included, so tick paralysis is something they cover.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of a waiting period, but it's really.
Speaker 5: Important to understand what isn't isn't included and have a look at those things. I promise a PDS can feel really overwhelming because you're like, oh, what the hell it's like the terms and conditions, But when you start to break it down, the entire purpose of a PDS is that it's written in a way that lay people I, EU and me can read it properly. From my perspective, PET insurance is definitely not a scam, but it's up to you and your values. But it's actually really important when you're looking at any type of policy to take out that it actually covers the things you think it will, because those scammy stories they come from people who didn't read the PDS and then try to claim something that wasn't included and go, oh my god, like I don't understand why they're doing so hard by me, and the reality of the circumstances are well, it was never included.
Speaker 3: So read the PDS.
Speaker 2: Read the PDS.
Speaker 1: Dogs actually do some of the craziest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 1: Good friend of mine has two dogs. He left his little boys jumper hanging over a chair covered in yogurt, came back and found a dog had eaten one of the sleeves. Oh not, I had to take both of them because he wasn't sure which one it was.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that is literally the worst.
Speaker 1: So let's do this right now. Thirty one O six five. Why do you have to take your pets to the How much did it cost? We want to hear some crazy stories and hopefully please keep it to ones where they are. Okay, we don't want to hear anything, Please happy careful. This is She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: I love this episode.
Speaker 5: We've talked about chickens, we've talked about my hens, we get to talk about people's pet insurance, we get to talk about pets.
Speaker 2: Now got some callers. I don't know what it's about.
Speaker 4: It's all because just because Maddie hit us up, but she wants to know whether or not she should get pet insurance, and she wanted real life examples, So trave open the lines thirteen one, I six five? Why did you have to take your pet to the vet? And then we want to know how much it costs?
Speaker 1: Like we do? Yes? True?
Speaker 2: Have we got traves?
Speaker 1: We got Jordy right now, Jordy, what did your jack Russell do? Mate?
Speaker 6: She looked a cane ton?
Speaker 2: What like? What are you doing looking a cane toad?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 1: Does she have a good time though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: She was loving it until she collapsed and started frosten at the mount?
Speaker 2: What happened? So you had to take her to that? She's okay now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, got some and then yeah she come good. But it's looking to be harry there once day?
Speaker 2: And how much did it cost you?
Speaker 6: I think it's over five five hundred?
Speaker 1: Who I thought you said five thousands?
Speaker 2: Like five hundred bucks? Because your dog lockd a frog?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 5: She was just out there looking for her prince charming. She'd heard the news. She found a cane toad. Got confused?
Speaker 3: Sounds like yours for a good trip? Yeah, yeah, that's good value to me.
Speaker 2: Thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 1: Thanks Geordie all right on thirty one sixty five. We are taking your calls right now. Why do you have to take your pet to the vet? And how much did it cost you? Jess, your staffy has been causing you to a bit of trouble mate. What happened?
Speaker 7: Yes, our dog Cody had excessive drawling like I've never seen so much drawl in my life. We've thought he'd been bitten by a snake or had a tuthache or something. So we got the vet out on a Sunday night.
Speaker 2: I think Sunday night.
Speaker 5: You're feeling expensive already already surcharge kitchen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was a two hundred dollars call out female.
Speaker 2: Jeez ell, no thanks jesus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it turns out he was perfectly fine. He'd watched me prep and start cooking a lamb rope on.
Speaker 2: Your dog was just hungry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was too much for it, It was so much.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, mate, that's your own bloody fault. You brought it on yourself. Stop being such a great cook. And look, let's be honestly low key flex from Jess there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's cooking a lamb roast.
Speaker 5: You know what she could do though, if that's an issue, no more vet call outs.
Speaker 2: If she goes and.
Speaker 5: Buys those three roosters, oh god, yeah, she could just have chicken instead.
Speaker 4: You need to let go of the roosters already, there were already someone's cutlets.
Speaker 5: It's my hen's weekend, guys. Let me carry on the chicken info.
Speaker 1: It's been a very cock theme show. Yeah, hey, thanks, Jess. I would love to hear more pet stories, only nice ones though, So if you want to leave your story, just hit us up on She's on the money on our Socials. But coming up next, we're going to save you some money with some little sneaky tips. Victoria. You're going to tell us how we can keep more bucks in our bank accounts.
Speaker 2: I'm good at this.
Speaker 5: I'm going to run out of stuff though, So you guys are going to have to start helping me out because I don't want us to get fired.
Speaker 1: No, mate, it's not called heese on the money. That why it's called She's on the money.
Speaker 3: It's not there on the money.
Speaker 1: No, not there on the money. Guys. Everyone do this seper save the Saturday. Victoria. You know, literally minutes away from from leaving out into your little Hen's night. Whatever is going to happen, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. I'm kind of scared.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make you do a little bit more work look at me, because.
Speaker 5: You need to give us some I wrote down my tips on my phone and I didn't want to forget them. I want you guys to think I'm really smart. But do you remember playing the Sims when you were young? Of course, I wish I had a money hack as good as like that Rosebud hack where you put in like the cheat code and then bright Rosebud and then it gives.
Speaker 1: You two thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars or mother load.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mother Load. That was the other one. There were a few others. I remember googling them and thinking I was like a hacker. Turns out I'm not. That was just how the game works.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to walk into Commonwealth Bank and be like mother Load, and if you don't give me millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? There's a hack for that. They just like start shooting hack.
Speaker 1: No, all right, let's do some real actual money hacks.
Speaker 5: Al right, So I've got three for you today. One is an actual money hack. One is a mindset hack because they're a little bit fluffy in this house. And another one's about points. I'm not really a credit card caind of Goal, but I do travel a lot for work. As you guys know, I'm always between Melbourne City and Brisbane because you know, I'm just totally popular. But I always fly with Virgin one. I will have a very long conversation with you if you'd like to, about how their buffet is much better if you get to the lounge than the quantas.
Speaker 3: Oh you're preaching to the choir.
Speaker 2: I agree there, yeah, right, much better.
Speaker 5: But I'm not getting into the lounge because I, you know, am flying business class that's not in the budget. I'm getting into the lounge because I've flown so much. But the perk here is actually me giving a shameless plug to Virgin Australia at the moment. They actually have double points at the moment, so like if you've got a plan to book a holiday, you'll get double points on eligible flights at the moment. That's a bit fluffy, but it will get you into the lounge quicker, because who doesn't want to travel domestically and be boushie enough to go into the lounge Instagram and make it look like, yeah, you've got to look like your fancy So anyway, thought that that was a pretty good little hack. The next one is the money hack, I promised? Or do you want the mindset hack first?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What one do you want? Then you want the mindset?
Speaker 1: You mind?
Speaker 3: Let's end on the money, Let's take the money. This is she's on the money, all right, all right?
Speaker 5: So I think a lot of us are really good at frivolous spending. And one thing in this day and age, I'm looking directly at you, Mitch Cherry. But one, yeah, you with your theorem and if you touched that since you bought it, I forgot about the therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah the theorem man. Come on, he's looking at me like he forgot he owned the theoreman.
Speaker 3: But what's what's a theremon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, you spend eight bucks? One, that's enough, move on, move on.
Speaker 5: But I think in this day and age, where money is less tangible, I'm not like handing over a CRISP fifty and feeling like I'm getting less back. We tab our debit cards, right, and it just doesn't feel like we're losing that much. So I sometimes like to think of my hours worked as the price of things. So if you'll make like fifteen bucks an hour and something costs forty five dollars, I think you need to start reframing it and going that worth me working for three whole hours. Yeah, good point, Like I think that puts things in context a little bit, that makes you reframe it, and for me, that's a lot of money. Like, have a think about your money in that context before making a purchase you didn't necessarily need to make, because I think a lot of you expect me to come on here and like, don't buy your five dollar coffees, like you'll become a millionaire. Unfortunately that's not the case. But little money habits and little mindset shifts over time, or what's going to create a solid money mindset that puts you in the best position to make bank. So the next money in our back pocket tip comes for people who get paid, So that's nice.
Speaker 2: I feel like it will work for all of us around this table.
Speaker 5: Doesn't matter if you get paid monthly, weekly, fortnightly, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: However, the day before you.
Speaker 5: Get paid, I want you to go in there into your bank account and transfer all the money in there out to your savings. So whatever's left over from your last pay, pop that into a separate savings account and start fresh. Obviously, make sure that you're covering your bills and expenses and rent and stuff. But so many of us frivolously spend and go, oh, well that was from last pay.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You're right, I see it left over.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's that's left over money.
Speaker 3: A little pre.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I've got more money this way. Absolutely not. We are transferred to our savings.
Speaker 1: You would be doing, yeah, you would.
Speaker 5: You would look at it and go, all right, well that's free money and now I have my pay in my account. But that's such a glooman mindset, right, So let's shift it out to our savings and actually start propping up our savings a bit more.
Speaker 2: And then, Mitch, maybe you'll buy another theoremon.
Speaker 3: No, no, I did. I did buy five hundred dollars after shave this week. But at the end of the show, so.
Speaker 5: You smell good, Yeah, it was like I haven't noticed it, so it must not be that worth it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Victoria, you've got to get out of here. I do you are going? Are you going to have eyebrows next week. That's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: You know what, I definitely will because my eyebrows are actually tattoos. Good luck shaving those off.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is something I did not need to know anyway until next week. You can catch up with us anytime on socials just search She's on the Money, Mitch, you gotta stick around. You are on with Britton Laura with the Life on Cut radio show. That's coming up next, but this has been. She's on the Money for your Saturday Morning next week.