Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Darren, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Darren, good morning.
Speaker 3: Here you go on, I'm good Darren. So Darren, what would you love the billboard to say? How can we help you?
Speaker 2: Darren?
Speaker 4: Well, all from a small country tear called Donald. We got a little country biscuit place here makes some beautiful biscuits and we're trying to build a large crooker barrough and weed funding to help us.
Speaker 3: I love it straight away. I mean, now you know, I mean Donald. I think I've saw a signpost when I was in Horsham a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: You're out that way, aren't you.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Donald, Duck Country used to belie, but now they've changed a co bar That's it.
Speaker 5: And what did the biscuits have to do with the John Cooker barrow? You sort of rolled that sentence into they have nothing to do with each.
Speaker 4: Other, as Donald Country Cookers the name of the discuit company.
Speaker 2: I see, okay, character.
Speaker 4: Raise money for lot for tourism in the in the in the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the large cooko but exactly, And you know what, there's so many oversized, large things all over Australia. A giant Cooko bra is gonna put Donald on the.
Speaker 2: Mass It is, Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: If we're getting up, moy woof will give it a SiGe as well a snake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, one thing at a time. They didn't build a big apple next to the big banana.
Speaker 3: Adam and Eves theme Park, the giant sneak, the giant apple jacks together in Donald.
Speaker 5: Darren didn't have any idea how much it costs to cook, build a big cooker barrow.
Speaker 2: Any idea what to say?
Speaker 1: Fifty?
Speaker 3: Who gave you that quote? Always get a couple of quotes from these tradees. Never trust the first one for giant Crooker, but.
Speaker 5: Gard for us gold oh d.
Speaker 6: Fives high fifty ten thousand meter Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: All right, So how much have you raised so far for old mister.
Speaker 4: Panelbeta a king may or?
Speaker 2: So that's a lot more than I thought. You're already ten thousand.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, I reckon about that.
Speaker 2: When you say you you reckon sort of.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just reckon.
Speaker 1: They're doing a good thing, so I'm just ringing you something.
Speaker 3: No, definitely, we're right behind this. We are right behind That's okay, Darren. You're like the mayor of Donald.
Speaker 1: Very University.
Speaker 2: You're a boy. I like it, Darren of.
Speaker 6: Donald, do o d georgy We're behind it, right, Okay, so we've got to put the sort of bill water Yeah all right.
Speaker 3: So did you have anything any that the copy we called it, that what you put up there, any idea of what you wanted to say, like help us build a giant crooker Borough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, gets you straight a hard, doesn't it? From the people of Donald.
Speaker 1: From approval of Donald, thank you?
Speaker 5: I think make it more exciting, like wouldn't you love to see a giant cooker?
Speaker 2: Borrough question my question mark question mark? Do three come to? Donald?
Speaker 1: Come to.
Speaker 2: We just need forty k just forty k.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, so you like what we're putting together at the moment the mayor of Donald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. It's a big cook Yeah no, but it.
Speaker 2: Is a big problem that it is. How many people do you reckon live in Donald?
Speaker 3: There must only be a couple of hundred small little places like that, seventeen said seventeen.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Jackie boy, let's try and let's try and put something together here up there. But Donald and the good people, look, no, no, it's a Darren of Donald.
Speaker 2: It's Donald of Darren.
Speaker 5: Would we're like, what about wouldn't you love Darren?
Speaker 3: Wudn't you how about we build you a little room in a house inside that cooker bone you live in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna laugh all the way.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'm scared, all right, Darren of Donald? All right, Jack, let's have our customer out here.
Speaker 3: Let's get this up there, let's people get that honey pouring in that panel.
Speaker 2: Beater has listened, list that forty k is coming? Sir, Oh, wouldn't you love to see? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'll just but what else we do?
Speaker 4: Just put the large pop of our home and see it.
Speaker 2: Disney just put up that, you know, magic Kingdom. People came and saw it.
Speaker 5: It feels like an episode of Madmen, the way you are.
Speaker 3: Sortising genius genius, genius ahead of his sign.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So Jack, what have you got so far?
Speaker 5: Would you love to see a giant crooker barrough question mark? Question mark Donald is building one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then in small print, cash needed cash Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have Donald cougars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Where where can we Is there a fundy page or something that we can donate the money?
Speaker 6: Straight panels accounts be there's a funny page for uh the cooker Bar Country Attractions Large Crocker Barrough.
Speaker 4: I think it is dot a com Country Attractions Large Country Attractions Large Crooker Barrough.
Speaker 3: But that's a lot to put on there on these billboards. Every word count so maybe just maybe it's just an awareness campaign.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's country cookars, fun country cookers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think that means anything that somebody driving down the Mindopean Highway. N even sure the people of Donald I'm still right, yah needed at the bar need so that if any Yeah, millionaires.
Speaker 3: Driving down that Monash or Tuller the spare forty k g to a bill to the builder cooker brop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Australia help genuinly the cooker Borough gotcha? All right? This is what okay, if you're happy with this, dar haven't listen to this is up Daz.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you love to see a giant cooker burrough question mark question mark?
Speaker 2: Yes? I would. I'm a millionaire.
Speaker 5: Donald Victoria is building one.
Speaker 2: Is he cash needed? That's it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, No, that's as good as we're going to get. You're happy with that? Down with Donald?
Speaker 1: Okay? They love your love, your love your all.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dar and we love you all too.
Speaker 5: Is at the end of the billboard.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, we'll put it up in the next couple of minutes. Okay, fingers crossed, Thank you, thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: What an hour Christian O'Connell show podcast. An hour ago, we spoke to a visionary. I guess you would say that's not ending like that, as he will always be knowing.
Speaker 3: Darren of Donald and we were doing win a billboard where we're giving away the billboards of Melbourne at the moment. You can have your message on the billboards within minutes once we take it down. So he just wanted to raise money about forty thousand dollars to build a This is many townsands cities have benefited from oversized giant things.
Speaker 5: The trailer loves a big thing, does.
Speaker 3: And Donald he wants to put on the place about fifteen hundred people live there. He wants to get the money together fifty thousand. I mean, get on shark tank, I say, Darren, he wants fifty thousand. They've got ten thousand ready to build a giant cooker burrough.
Speaker 5: So the billboard at the moment reads, wouldn't you love to see a giantkooker Borough question Mark, question Mark, Donald Victoria is building one cash needed and then our website Christianconnellshow dot com dot au where you can click through to the GoFundMe.
Speaker 2: Because that's going to be stampede today. But yeah, let's saying for that now.
Speaker 3: Darren, like a lot of people, a lot of these visionaries, very excitable and maybe not everything was bang on sort of what he was talking about. So someone else who is involved in this has heard about Darren Corden about the giant Cooko Bra. And we've got Jody on the line who texts and saying she's the instigator of the mega cook Bra.
Speaker 2: Jody, how are you?
Speaker 3: We're good, very excited about the plans to put Donald on the map with a giant cookera.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is very exciting and I thought it would be good to put a few of the one stories straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Mmm, so the Kooko bra are fifty meters, it's not going to be fifty meters, but it's going to be a huge five meters.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, I think. Yeah, he fed Darren of Donald. He did say five minutes isn't a week? Oh he did? Did he yep.
Speaker 7: Oh that's all right, I have to.
Speaker 2: Defend the money.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need defending. He's not do anything wrong. But he also mentioned how there was a panel beta that will be constructing this thing.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it's an artist that does sculptures and he lives up an hour inland from Newcastle, up in New South Wales. So I tracked him down from a sculpture of a kooker barrow that I've seen. Yes, and but where Darren has got the panel beating from is he makes the feathers out of old bonnet cars.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, yeah?
Speaker 5: How many cars does he need to make it cook?
Speaker 2: How many bonnets does he need?
Speaker 7: Well that is a good question, that is not one of ours.
Speaker 2: Well we're not the artist, so you know we need to interview you, to speak to your Australian banksy to find out about this.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden Newcastle wakes up and all their cart bonnets are missing.
Speaker 2: Drop off your bonnets here at Gold please, guys.
Speaker 7: And we need to raise fifty thousand, and we are halfway of last night.
Speaker 2: Oh wam so you've got twenty five thousand already?
Speaker 7: Yes, twenty five.
Speaker 1: Dollars.
Speaker 7: The hold of that well, people haven't just been putting it into the go Fundme. They've also been putting it straight into the BSB.
Speaker 2: What of the the artist.
Speaker 7: No, like our committee that we're on, the two thousand committee for Donalds, they put it straight into the bank details there, rather than going in the go funny. Some locals are a little bit Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't trust the old go Funmi So Russians? Is it the Chinese? Neil Mitchell talk about this.
Speaker 7: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Anyway, wherever it goes, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Okay, it doesn't matter. You're halfway there, so you need another twenty five thousand dollars we do, yes, and when would you love it for summertime?
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 7: Well, we're not putting any pressure on Chris, but if he had done by the end of the year. Where it's going the new Cookers Country Biscuits factory. Have you ever had those biscuits? No?
Speaker 2: But I tell you what. Loads of people have called the show saying they're amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you're going to build it outside the front of their factory, yes, or maybe ask them for a couple of grand I'd say, listen. So those biscuits are selling weather Woody he's chipping for a bonnet.
Speaker 7: Well we should, shouldn't we.
Speaker 2: We're moving it away from your factory.
Speaker 7: When they say this on the on the billboard, they might.
Speaker 3: I mean the big cocon Col billboard there, I mean the monitor should have tell it you got knock an old mister Fratto own his door.
Speaker 2: Don't cry, It's all right. We'll get there. And they don't give up the drink.
Speaker 3: Don't give up the drink. Jody, Well, I can tell you some good news already. Since that billboard went live an hour ago, an extra one hundred and one hundred and four dollars has been raised.
Speaker 7: Well, that is great, isn't it?
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Every little bit counts. You're right, So they can donate money or car bonnets preferably, Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 7: All right, Okay, got the bonnets under control.
Speaker 2: That is good news. Well, that's good news to Chris. He's an our inland. Guys, and Jody fingers crossed that you raise some more money today.
Speaker 3: Okay, we wish you all the best. I already hope that Donald gets that giantkooker, but it deserves.
Speaker 7: So do I. And you'll have to come down and have a look.
Speaker 6: At him.
Speaker 2: Oh a bit of seeing from space on Google Maps that giant cook And are you in charge of the committee. You're a local councilor there are you, Jody?
Speaker 7: No, just a member of the two thousand committee in donald which is a progressive committee.
Speaker 2: Oh good for you.
Speaker 3: Well, wish you all the best and I hope you get the kooker ber and I hope you raise some money today from the billboard.
Speaker 2: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: So it's on the Appean bolty Bridge, Princess Freeway, Tuller and Monash.
Speaker 7: Wonderful. That should get a few people to see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it will.
Speaker 5: But in the meantime you talk to mister biscuits.
Speaker 2: That's why I would go and chat to the biscuit guy.
Speaker 7: We need to get some biscuits to you for you to try them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but I think you need to get some money out of them to build that flip and cooker out the side of the factory gates.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We want to have the whole body, not just the tail.
Speaker 3: We do that would look otherwise it looks like it's crashed into the earth. She pulled all right this, Jody, thank you very much. According good luck. Let's see what happens in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.