Speaker 1: Cool, Flex and Rooms.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. It's Flex and Frooms on CATA again. We're running over time.
Speaker 3: We just love talking to each other off air about slacious things. Here's the podcast.
Speaker 4: Mummay can I listen to Flex and Brooms Flex and Rooms on CATA.
Speaker 3: Last week I went on a little bit of a rant some would say about subletting. I've considered subletting my room on little tiny going away moments, like when I go to Melbourne for a month at a time. I'm thinking, damn, I could be saving.
Speaker 1: A couple k here.
Speaker 3: However, I don't do it because I'm scared. I think it's gross. We posted a video on the internet about me going on this rant and as a result, we got this voice memo that Mikayla, our producer, is going to play Please hit It DJ.
Speaker 5: I used to live in London and I subleted my room to a girl while I went on a two month long holiday through Europe. My housemates says she literally didn't leave the room for the whole two months. She had a viral chest and infection. She let all of my plans die and she's to have full blown parties in my room. It was so bizarre. My room was literally the size of a shoe box. She haggled me down on the price of the rent while I was away, and it took her two months after I came home home for her to pay me. When I got home, I realized that the room hadn't been cleaned at all. The room was stale. I could smell the stench of parties to come and god knows whatever else. Also, my sheets were literally crusty. It was honestly traumatizing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and that is what threw me. Ona was warning you about who came to her neck.
Speaker 3: Seriously, guys, this is just one of the multiple horror stories that I've heard about the subletting community.
Speaker 1: Not the community. You just can't trust them.
Speaker 3: This is why we need when it comes to living spaces and arrangements contracts fan because people get a little too comfortable, especially when they don't have to do the cleaning up.
Speaker 4: If you'd limit your subletting too, friends or mutual friends, or people who in some way feel accountable to you, as opposed to just casting the net wide and letting anyone who you know shows you a morsel of interest live in your sanctuary.
Speaker 3: Definitely desperate times though the cost of livery crisis as we know.
Speaker 4: Thank you Frooms is out there, babes. This is what happens when you're outside. I don't know if you're across Flex on Instagram, it's Flex speaking, but sometimes third person helps, just for the message to go down Sweeter, I've definitely turned a page in my life at the moment.
Speaker 1: I've moved states.
Speaker 4: I've got a new lust for life, a joi de vivram. Outside. The outfits are better, I'm prettier, like I'm getting nearer. It's just everybody's noticed. It's not a personal thing. It's been said to me. Consequence of getting near it, being outside is now I'm exposed to social situations that I haven't been exposed to before, in a new space, and I'm a bit confused. What I mean by that is someone trying to fight me. How do you mean Have I ever been in a fight before. Let's get a show of hands. If you think I've been in a fight, like a physical fight for hands hands, it's both hands up, both hands up. Mikayla Jordan, I've never been in a fight before, and that's the benefit of being a speaker and having serious hectic energies. People don't want to mess with me. You don't want to do it. I would be scared to mess with me.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You've never been physical, literally never.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I didn't rock with sisters, so that's what I'm saying, different energy with the youngest of two older brothers. There was nothing for me to fight. I have been protected my whole life, not by my two brothers, by my mum, and by.
Speaker 1: The Spirit of Jesus. Hello Jah, listen you we me. I like it fucking so.
Speaker 4: I had the best weekend. I was here, there, and everywhere. Is that a hard core show at night? The next day, I just had a hard course show in the day, went to lunch, and then with the same big group of people, we decided to go to a very popular bar or it's a dinner restaurant.
Speaker 1: Established you.
Speaker 4: This is not a club. I need you to know. It is a bar that serves food sometimes. So me and my people we roll in maybe like six or seven eight deep, and we go and stand to wait in the bar line. Because we're so far back from the front of the line. We're not diligently and militantly standing you know, right behind the person because there's a little while to go. So we're kind of nosing about and chit chatting, and I feel someone nudge past me on the side closest to the bar, and so I'm assuming they're just kind of walking past, so I move out to let them sidle over, you know, more efficiently, and they kind of stop there, and so I'm like, oh, sorry, babe, like I'm waiting in line as well. And this person says, can I just walk through? And I was like, oh, so, oh, my bad, So sorry I thought you were. I thought you didn't realize I was also.
Speaker 1: Waiting in line.
Speaker 4: That's all good, you can walk through, she says, okay, great. I said, okay, cool. So I turned back around to continue the conversation and realize she's still there because she's with her boyfriend who's quite tall. So I turned back around and I say, hey, like, I don't think you understood. I'm also waiting in line, but we're in one big group, so you can like stand next to us, but we're also waiting in line.
Speaker 1: She turns around.
Speaker 4: With like the most serious scout on her face and says I'm good, thank you. Oh, I said, what is going on? And I'm in a great mood. Mind you, I'm vibes a art. We're chit chatting and to me, it's not that deep. So in front of her to her left, and in front of her to her right, there are two separate pairs of women. The pair on the left turns around and says to her that girl me was waiting here. The pusher in and says, was I asking you? Was I talking to you? The energy's feral woo. Now, at the exact same time, I get a tap on my shoulder to the right of a young woman who says, I'm such a big fan of you. I'm a huge fan. I'm so sorry about my friend. She's an angry drunk oh okay, and says it loud enough that her friend can hear, which is now it's muddled the situation up, for better or or worse. Anyone can imagine if your friend takes the side of a random stranger over you and then puts you on blust it's never gonna feel good. So while this friend has been like, I'm such a fan, I'm a big fan, or whatever, this second group of girls in front who noticed that I was there to turn around and say, hey, she was standing she being me was standing there waiting in line, you should move. And then the girl says if this, I don't need this anyway and kind of sidles over but doesn't really move out of the line, so she's now cut in front of someone else. So her friend is still talking to me, and she was like, you know, I'm really really sorry, and the two girls that were in front of the two pairs turn around.
Speaker 1: And say, no, hey, baby, are you okay?
Speaker 4: Like that was really hectic, and I'm just like on cloud died. I'm like, oh, I don't it's whatever, Like I'm fine, I think it's good. I think I don't think they had anything to do with me.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 4: The girl that was king not cranked her head around her friend and she's like, don't pretend you don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah you, I'm talking to you. Yeah, you to you to me.
Speaker 4: She says, you're the one who said I was cutting in and I wasn't, so yeah, I'm talking to you. Oh oh, baby's first altercation. I mean, I've been waiting for this one. I said, Babe, you've caught me on a good day. I'm not even mad, I said, yeah, it was me. Now she's pissed because why am I smiling? I said, I'm not even in a bad mood. Baby, you need to relax. She's asked, Oh, anyway, get my drink. Move out of the line. I'm standing in a thoroughfare in the doorway. She walks, passing the way out. You're such an ef and bitch. Are we still doing this?
Speaker 1: Flex?
Speaker 2: I said, what is happening? We go outside?
Speaker 1: They don't. I haven't stopped. We go outside to sit down. It's busy. All the tables are packed.
Speaker 4: Somebody sees me notices and they're like, we're about to get up, do you want to come sit down?
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 4: About half an hour later, the end of our picnic table kind of clears out, and so then the girl that was aarking up comes with her friends, and her friend that was a fan sits right next to me.
Speaker 1: No, I don't realize because.
Speaker 4: My back is I'm like on the outskirts of our friend configuration. I'm on the very end, so my back is inwards towards my friend. Then I noticed that the girl who was a fan is talking to my friend who's sitting opposite me.
Speaker 1: So I turn around. I'm like, what is oh?
Speaker 4: I not feeling thinking much of it. After about ten minutes, I noticed the girl was aarking up is opposite me. She's like looking just staring me down anyway. She outstretches her hand over the table.
Speaker 1: What's gonna go on?
Speaker 4: Taps me tap tap tap. She says, babe, can we squash the beef?
Speaker 1: Osh ah?
Speaker 4: I'm like, seriously, babe, it's all good. Beckons me to give her my hand, so now we're holding hands. She says, Honestly, let's just squash the beef. Like you know, I didn't mean for it to go that far. I'm like, it's chill. You wanted to drink. I wanted to drink. It's not a big deal. She's like, no, Honestly, you handled that so well. She says to me, you're such a good girl. You handled that so well. I was like, it's all good. She said, are you fine? Can we squash it? I said, it's honestly, it's fine. Weirdest experience ever. I don't know, so weird. Speculated about what was happening in so many ways, but I don't think it's worthwhile. As tense as it was, it was bewildering. Before I realized things was an issue, I was like, oh, oh, we're in something. I didn't even know the doorway situation. I was like, oh, damn, I really got to you. I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: And that was worse because she's mid beefing with me, and I'm like, aha, I love Melvine, I love you.
Speaker 4: Thankfully She's okay, she hit you up in the damns or anything? No, but I think she embarrassed her friend. And I think her friend might have hit her with a check the CV, and I think that humbled her a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gathering from it, which I hate even more. Yeah, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Reap. Glad you survived. H Oh you didn't resort to violence. Never couldn't say the same on myself.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a words girl.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kaita Taylor Swold anounced a new collaboration with Ice Spice, brand new rapper pumping hits out for Days. It's of her song Calma Not sure if you're familiar.
Speaker 1: No, Mamma, is your boyfriend? Okay? Apparently that was now in the coffin for a lot of people. You see.
Speaker 4: What's happened is Taylor Swift has recently broken up with her partner of six years, and that was a very low key relationship.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really publicized at all.
Speaker 4: They weren't really seen out together that much from what I understand, his name was Joe. As soon as the breakup was announced, she was then rumored to be dating Maddi heally.
Speaker 1: Is that overlap? Not quite sure. Let the girl live.
Speaker 4: We don't know her intimate details, but the issue is Matti Heely is a controversial character. He is a bit of a contrarian, an antagonist, a bit of an instigator, sometimes crosses the line, says things that are racist, sexist, and he recently made some comments about Ice Spice that were like imitated a Chinese accent, like speculated about where she was from, made jokes about her appearance. All of these things just not great. Coincidentally, not long after, Taylor Swift announces a collaboration with Ice Spice, after her fans had asked her, or at least questioned her, implored her to come forward and say and confirm if she's dating this controversial man. People speculate that she's using Ice Spice woman of color, to almost be the shield that protects her from the backlash of dating this problematic character. If Ice Spice still wants to work with me, then is it really that big of a deal. I think it also puts Ice Spice in this weird position to now have to say something and defend her bag chasery, or to align with someone who has inadvertently and also up front disrespected her.
Speaker 1: It's all just too much. Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Taylor's rebranded herself as a person who speaks up.
Speaker 1: After the docum documentary.
Speaker 4: There's the whole thing about speaking up, making sure you're on the right side of history. And now when push comes to shove, sis is unspeakably quiet. There is a ton of reasons why I imagine taylors which won't speak up about this, but I think for the most part, there's not much you can say. When internet vitriol starts. These things spin out of control, regardless of way, whether you jump in with an apology at the start or the end. I also think it is a wake up call for some of Taylor's parasocial fans to realize that outside of being your favor, she's just a regular person.
Speaker 1: Yes, she is. Fortunately and unfortunately.
Speaker 3: He and Mattie Healy actually dating.
Speaker 4: Well, how do we even know? You know, they've been seeing holding hands together. He's taking Louis Duffel bags to her house at eleven pm. We could say they're getting near it. But let's not speculate, or shall we? Sure? I mean, the speculation has begun, begun, It's begun, whether she is or she isn't. It is, as what often happens when men and women are involved in dual controversy.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's her crust to bear. That's what I was going to say. How do you want to say it?
Speaker 3: Also, I believe that she the Ice Spice colab came out before this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they mean they take a while, so they take ages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just it's happened at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coincidentally, who knows as.
Speaker 3: An honorary member of gen Z, some would say oscillating between Boomer and gen Z with ease and Grace beendulums Swingingha.
Speaker 1: What's this COMPLEXI.
Speaker 3: I'm more of the my here we are, Damn Daniel. I was on the internet the other day and I haven't upon a clip by some sort of police body and they were saying this, please play the tape, Mickey B. The younger generation need three times a week praise from their supervisors. The next generation only needs three times a year, and my generation only need once a year.
Speaker 1: Is that banter or this?
Speaker 3: This is a this is a press conference, but is it?
Speaker 1: Is it banter?
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's banter or not, but this is a superintendent style kind of person is coming out on the record to say that gen Z needs three times more reassurance than quote unquote our generation millennials, Like is it better to be the youngest millennial or the oldest millennial? Because for so long we were very cool having older friends. All of a sudden, why do I want twenty four year old friends?
Speaker 1: Mikayla, why do you want twenty four year old friends?
Speaker 5: She's over the.
Speaker 1: Hill, Nah, I will say, I really, do you.
Speaker 4: Think having younger friends is having the adverse effect? Like you might think it's making you seem younger, but it's actually oh not, Jordan's like, m it's actually having adverse effect and making it glaringly obvious that you're old and drieder.
Speaker 1: Do you really feel since Wow, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Even made my point yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hydrate.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Guys, believe it or not, Apparently jen Z need more, do you uragement? I agree from my own personal experience. I was raised in a lot of praise, words of afformation my love language, and you know what, there's I have heard.
Speaker 1: About this anecdotally.
Speaker 3: I was having a conversation the other day with someone saying that they need a lot of praise in order to want to show up and do the work the actual way they.
Speaker 1: Get paid for. Don't get a twisted Yeah, I think that. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Perhaps maybe gen Z need praise as permission to begin, and then millennials need praise as permission to keep giving above what is required as a baseline.
Speaker 1: I don't know them.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, that is too much. Nah, I'm sick of talking on behalf of boomers.
Speaker 1: Let them live, you know.
Speaker 2: I just you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.