Speaker 1: I know my fertility journey has been something that I have spoken about quite a few times, particularly over this year, but for me, it's been quite spread out over the last couple of years. It started probably two years ago when I did my first egg freezing cycle. Yeah, and I am on my third cycle at the moment, so I am thirty six years old for those that are playing at home, and I have quite low fertility, and it's something that I never thought I would have because as women, you know, you grow up thinking, don't feel pregnantn't fall pregnant, do't fore pregnant, because that's what you're taught. And then all of a sudden the day comes where you're like, time to feel pregnant and you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, brit As well, like you recently did your second round of egg freezing and the results weren't what you were hoping for and you were so vulnerable and sharing that with everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so I did my second round only two months ago, now, I think, and you go through weeks of injections and hormone injections and I ended up with nothing.
Speaker 3: And that was the slap in the face.
Speaker 1: That was where I was like, oh my god, like, even with the help of science, and you've just paid all this money. And I know it's not about money, but that's what you think, right, And that's what the every day person thinks.
Speaker 3: I've just paid so much money.
Speaker 1: I have just put my body through hell for weeks, I've had an operation, I've had all of science's help to get what I.
Speaker 3: Need and I didn't get anything.
Speaker 1: And that was like, holy smokes, this is serious, you know, because the last year or so, I've always said it, and I've always joked about, oh, I've got my fertility is not great, you know, like.
Speaker 3: It's probably going to be hard for me.
Speaker 1: But then when you get zero, you're like, oh, this is actually really serious. This is not a This is not a my fertility is low. This is a far out How am I ever going to have a.
Speaker 2: Britt You were saying you didn't want to keep talking about it, but your reasoning for not wanting to continue talking about it was more so because you were like, surely people are sick of hearing from it, Like, surely people are sick.
Speaker 4: Of hearing my story.
Speaker 2: And I know for you, because you live it and you're in it, it feels like it's every single day.
Speaker 4: But I can't tell you how much.
Speaker 2: Of a comfort and how much it helps other women out there to hear someone speaking about what it is that they're going through, because there's nothing harder than when you are trying to for pregnant or you are in that process yourself than just seeing happy pregnancy announcements and never hearing about all of the work that can go into finally getting pregnant for some people. And do you know what in saying that, like, we've had people calling through while you've been talking about this, Brett.
Speaker 4: We've got Emma, Emma on the line.
Speaker 1: Hi, Emma, Hi, guys, Hi Emma, Hi, welcome to big up.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting it not to call.
Speaker 5: Thank you, No, I was just calling to say a big thank you to you, Britt for putting it out there, because it's a pretty isolating situation going through IVF and it's a scary topic that people don't really want to talk about it or it's a bit too icky and uncomfortable for them, so they shy away from it.
Speaker 4: Are you going through it? Have you frozen?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 4: Where are you at your journey?
Speaker 5: So he did ovulation induction for and surgeries and all kinds of fun things for nearly three years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: And then I do have a little one night to go through a lot for him as well. But we started IVF in October because I have indimit traces and polosis decovaries and adam iiosis, you name it. I've got the trifector. But as you were going through your process, I was sort of going through mine, and I started all the needles and I had to back on your clips because I couldn't like inject them properly.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't go in.
Speaker 5: I was like, felt like I was stabbing myself with a dart.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean I still do.
Speaker 3: I did that today.
Speaker 4: I was like, get in.
Speaker 3: I was like, it wouldn't. I couldn't break the skin.
Speaker 2: Also, you wouldn't think of this like, I mean even not just from like an emotional support perspective, but from an actual physicality of like how do you do it?
Speaker 4: I think people underestimate how terrifying it might.
Speaker 2: Be to go home and have to inject yourself and do all the hormone stuff that goes along with the fastility.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I had to psy like myself up on that because my husband isn't like he's a placeman, so he's not home to help in the eye. To really work myself up to do that first needle and then to have trouble actually breaking the skin was like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: So then I remembered Britad had that.
Speaker 5: Problem, So I'll go watch brit restabber. So how do I do this? Move back on that?
Speaker 2: How are the results for you now in terms of where your headed with your fertility?
Speaker 5: So they were touching go for a while. Their doctors were not happy with my response. I had lots, but they were little, so they were going to cancel my cycle. Then they changed their mind and they were like, yes, we'll.
Speaker 4: Keep doing it.
Speaker 5: So I got four eggs in the end who were Bible like mature. Yeah, so I was quite deflated by that. Yeah, and I'm turning thirty five in a couple of weeks, which is apparently ancient in the fertility.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, welcome to the geriatric world. Yeah, it's the word they used, Jerry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it sounds like you at least, Yeah, it sounds like you at least got the one, which it's I say, at least, and it's not it's not amazing, but one is One is something to at least hold on to, and it's better than nothing.
Speaker 5: And I get my result today, So I have one put back in and I've been waiting and being that impatient person testing when I'm not meant to test.
Speaker 3: I get good results in a few hours.
Speaker 2: Emma, we are absolutely rooting for you. And also, like I think, keep sharing because as much as much as you think that it's an overshare, and as much as you might think that you are giving so much of yourself, it really does.
Speaker 4: These conversations really do help women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I really am Just to tie up my update, I really am very optimistic about my results this time because my doctor has purposely put me on a much high doise of hormones, which which makes for a pretty chaotic couple of weeks for me, and it's gonna be very uncomfortable. But I'm optimistic that because that is so high, that I'm going to have a better outcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went optimistic for you too, Emma. Thanks so much, and thank you