Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: So, Hi girls, Hi guys, Hi guys, Welcome to Thursday.
Speaker 3: We've got such a good show for you guys today.
Speaker 2: Two of my good friends that I haven't seen since the South African Jungle, since I was laying out starving cold.
Speaker 3: Eating things I didn't want to eat.
Speaker 4: I actually, I can't believe it's come around so fast again. I feel like that was It feels like it only just happened.
Speaker 5: You're in the jungle.
Speaker 3: Well, it's still a little while away. It's not a year. I was in in March, so it's not that long.
Speaker 2: But Robert Irwin and Julia Morris are going to be joining us in studio today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I want to ask about the Raygun rumors, because there are rumors that Olympia, you know, dancer Breakdancer Raygun is going to be on the season.
Speaker 5: But she came out and said absolutely not.
Speaker 4: So I wonder if that was just kind of like to try and throw everyone off the Scenter, or whether she's actually doing it, you know what.
Speaker 2: I think I think it was real. I think she was adamant about no, she was not going to do it. I reckon they've dangled a bit of a paycheck in front of her and I reckon they've changed her mind.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe I don't think we're going to get a truthful answer, but we'll try and.
Speaker 7: Find we'll ask him.
Speaker 6: You know what, we've got a sourcey show too, because next what it's Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 7: We're doing Ask on Cut. We've got a caller. Normally we talk about how much we hate cheating and we hate the cheating. We hate cheaters. Today we're joined by a listener who has cheated.
Speaker 3: We're joined by the cheater themselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're joined by the King King poopba cheet cheat and they want to ask us for some help, help.
Speaker 3: From Britain or law after the break break.
Speaker 7: Ask Uncut.
Speaker 4: So ask on Cut is something we do on Life on Cut, our podcast, every single Thursday, and we've brought it to the show here on the pickup and one question we get often is around cheating, and nobody gets more fired up than what they do about cheating questions. Now, usually it's people asking for help they've been cheat on. Today Amy has called us and unfortunately she is the cheater.
Speaker 5: Amy. Hi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: So I really messed up and I feel really really guilty about it, like it's never going to happen again, so I just want to ignore it. But I have been with my partner for like seven years now, Oh my god, and one night we were not ussy at me, the girls and some other mutual friends were all out at a party and just one thing kindled to another. It was really messy sort of night, and there was a bit of a hookup that happened with one of the mutual friends. And I just don't know if I should bring it up because I love my partner and I made a really big mistake, but I feel like telling him is just going to destroy everything.
Speaker 2: Was it his friend as well? Like is the person that you cheated with? Was it or both of your friends?
Speaker 1: Like we know the person, but it's not like we're super close friends, kind of just in similar circles.
Speaker 4: Every part of me, yeah, every part of me wants to say, like, you've got to be honest and you have to have the conversation. But then I kind of flicked to you. I've had this conversation with my husband before, would you want to know? And he's always said, if it was a one time thing and you were so regretful, He's like, I wouldn't want to know because then it would change the way I.
Speaker 5: Feel about the relationship.
Speaker 4: So I almost feel like a bit of a rock and a hard place with this question, because part of me is like, I would want to know. I would want the honesty. I wouldn't want you to keep it to yourself. But then I kind of think about what my husband said, and I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's easy to say all that stuff in a hypothetical, but yeah, it's real.
Speaker 7: You have to tell them. I mean you have to you know what, like get all.
Speaker 6: Who by doobie, but you know what stress in your body makes you so unwell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: The problem is is like, and I guess, like the debate from Matt, my husband, he was like, don't offload your guilt onto me, Like, if you're guilty and then you're never going to do it again, all that's going to do is make me feel really upset and make me like question everything.
Speaker 2: Don't you know if you're never got to do it again, do you because you didn't think you're going to do it in the first place?
Speaker 4: Amy do you think that there's I mean, look, I think everyone unanimously thinks you should tell your partner. But do you think that there's any way that your boyfriend is going to find out without you giving him that information? Like, do you think he could find out from someone else, which would be way worse than it coming from you in the first place.
Speaker 1: I don't believe so unless the person was going to tell, which I just like, I don't think that would happen.
Speaker 2: But you never know, so I guess, right, Amy, is that saying I think, God, your ghost, the truth will find a way.
Speaker 3: I think I think telling him so gorgeous.
Speaker 6: Also, you know, don't put your fate in the hands of someone else. You take control back into your life, Okay and live?
Speaker 3: Laugh? Love.
Speaker 4: Have you guys just been reading a bunch of Instagram quotes?
Speaker 5: Poor Amy?
Speaker 7: I've tried mushrooms for the first time this morning, and that's not going with no.
Speaker 3: I'm honest. I mean, I do think in all seriously, I think you need to tell them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tell them.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming the regret I mean sorry, not the regret, but the guilty will weigh on you eventually. You do risk that it does come out because I know you say, oh, he probably won't five years down the track. He's having a drink, he tells someone else, They tell someone else.
Speaker 3: It's out.
Speaker 5: You're ruined. Ami, How long ago did it happen?
Speaker 1: It was probably about three months ago now, So I've been sitting on this for a really long time. And as I said, like, I love my partner and I don't believe I will ever do it again. But like you guys are now make me doubt myself.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't believe the adage of like once a cheater, always a cheater. I do think people can do things that are really stupid and that they can regret and never do it again. But I do think that you need to be honest with your partner.
Speaker 7: I agree. I agree, be honest. Honesty is the best policy. And you remember, how do you eat an elephant one bit at a time.
Speaker 3: Remember the grass isn't always greener.
Speaker 7: You're right.
Speaker 6: I'd like to distance myself from my comment that I stressed gives you cancer.
Speaker 7: I'm not Belle Gibson. I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was weird. I don't I don't know what you were thinking.
Speaker 2: Hey, after enough, Mitch, if you said enough today after the break, we have two huge Australian icons are coming in in person. My friends from the South African Jungle, Rob Erwin and Julia Morris.
Speaker 6: Our next guess all the way on the phone from Africa. I can't believe the show is coming back. It's a Robert Irwin and Julia Morris guys, I'm a celeb is back on TV soon, Britt.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is going to give you PTSD.
Speaker 3: No, I'm actually jealous. I'm not going back on the show.
Speaker 2: But it feels like literally yesterday, I had no idea it was creeping up so quickly. I think we're getting at what nineteenth of January the new season.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's correct. Isn't that just snuck up on us? It's insane. I feel like we just got back from the last one, and literally as soon as the plane wheels touched Australia, I was like, okay, let's go, let's go. I'm ready to head back. And so I'm just so happy we get to join four is yet again. We are both just so stoked. This is the most we.
Speaker 9: Are seriously well. Also, I guess to be fair, Robert, you and I do get the glorious side of things, like say, Britt you didn't get the most glorious side of the version of the jungle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think vomiting on live TV, Yeah, definitely not.
Speaker 9: But what it is certainly for Robert and I is this opportunity to go and you know, go back to South Africa and to put the celebrities through their paces, all for the absolute sheer pleasure and enjoyment of our Australian viewers.
Speaker 3: Like it just doesn't get any better.
Speaker 4: Well, what I want to know is how has it changed since last year when Brick was on the show. Is it going to be the same, like exactly the same thing that the celebrities are going through or are there different things this year?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 9: Every season, is it levels up? And this series now that you know Robert and I are very much in the swing of things side by side, this allows us proper playtime. Now, last year it was all about getting things into place, and you know it was fun and exciting and all that stuff. But yeah, now we really get to turn up the volume on everything, don't we.
Speaker 7: Robert?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, I think We're definitely going to up the ante. There's everything I'm hearing, which unfortunately, you know, I can't get into any specifics too much yet, but it is going to be really next level and I'm just so excited to share that with everyone. So yeah, get ready, prepare yourselves. It's going to go off. It's going to go off in a big way.
Speaker 9: It will be Let me put it this way, say Laura that the contestants will be nowhere near as comfortable as you are in your renovation as we speak.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if that's the benchmark for comparison, it's an absolute hot mess at the moment, so they're going to be screwed.
Speaker 6: Hey, we haven't spoken to you guys since britt left the jungle because she came and she came forward.
Speaker 7: She did so well. We were so proud of her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what is your review of Brittany in the jungle because we didn't talk to after she came home.
Speaker 8: She was amazing, She was I mean, britt you were just absolutely incredible because you know, just you right. It rose to the challenge and that is what you have to do in that.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, guys.
Speaker 2: I did almost freeze to death in the ice challenge, but hey, I came out on top.
Speaker 8: It is so much more than what you just see on your TV. Screen. People sometimes forget it's a twenty four hour gig. I mean, this is round the clock, day in, day out, and it is a challenging mental game as much as it is physical. But it really she really rose to the occasion and did so well. Just impressed us, or wouldn't you agree, Julia.
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely, Britt What was your hardest part of the jungle?
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone's going to say being away from their phone, But for me, I think it was the hunger, Like I'm a snacker. I snack all day so to not be fed and then when you are fed, it's like a bulls testicle.
Speaker 3: Probably the hard part.
Speaker 9: You know, everybody goes through all sorts of different challenges while they're in there. The tech D tox is a big one for people, and I think being away from families and loved ones is a big one. And but the I know, like you, when people come out on the other side, more than often they are just like that really was, even though it was incredibly difficult, it was the experience of a lifetime. When else are you gonna get such a tech D tox? You know while EARNINGE Well.
Speaker 3: I did do it on the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: But besides that, no, there's not many times for me having that time away from my phone. I missed my family in ben but it was the best, all right.
Speaker 6: Listen we hear with Robber When and Julia Morris. The new season of Army Celebrity coming out of here is the nineteenth of January.
Speaker 7: It's coming soon. More with the guys after this on the pickup.
Speaker 4: What about big international celebrities on this show? Because every year there's always one. There's always someone that they've pulled in from overseas.
Speaker 6: Oh, remember what was his name, Frankie Munis, Oh, from Malcolm in the Middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Frankie Munis was last year, and we've had Charlotte Crosby on there before. But who's going to be the big international guest this year? Or should we expect one?
Speaker 3: At least?
Speaker 8: Who knows?
Speaker 9: Like I said, give me any of that information. I'd probably give Robert a bit of that information because it's a little bit more mature.
Speaker 8: I know, I know nothing. I don't know. I can neither confirm nor deny any of these and there are quite a few.
Speaker 9: We have a little tradition when we arrive in Africa that that is the time when we find out the full past list.
Speaker 3: Because the interesting thing is.
Speaker 9: Like when people are watching the show, there is there is a contestant for.
Speaker 3: Every single age group.
Speaker 9: I always think, so oftentimes anybody in my age is like, oh, well, who's that young person, whereas my kids are just like, oh my god, Sky Wheatley, for example, she's incredible, she's amazing, she does this, she does that. So different age groups at different times will say I don't I don't know who that is. But it's not long before we know who everybody is that goes into the jungle because they are kind enough to open up to us in this really quite quite harrowing experience.
Speaker 8: I think one of the most important parts of the show and what makes it so special. It's a cross section of society. It's every single person from every different walk of life. And that's the whole point is you get to discover, as you say, Julius, asides to people that you didn't even know existed. Every day there's an epiphany and someone goes, wow, I didn't I didn't know I could jump off of a cliff, and I didn't know I could eat a cockroach. And you know the way they rise to the occasion is wild.
Speaker 9: Yes, and what Brittany will you of all people will be able to tell us like some of those challenges were they seem so insurmountable, but you just sort of got to get in there and do it.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the best parts, is you and not being able to do things that you never thought you would do or could do.
Speaker 3: But you just get in there and for somehow you get it done.
Speaker 2: I think for me personally, I work way bit under pressure, so I thrive in that moment.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, Robert, how do you feel coming back for your second season of Arms Celebrity. I mean, I feel like you're everywhere now, and I'm in that in the best possible way.
Speaker 5: It's not I don't mean that in offensive way, but you are.
Speaker 4: You are literally everywhere and doing everything, and now you've got a bit of experience under your belt with this show. Like, how does it feel going into season two?
Speaker 8: I think the cool thing is like absolutely, whenever it's the first go at a new project like this, it's exciting, it's nerve racking, it's an adrenaline rush, it's all of those things. But from the beginning, I always felt like it was somewhere I belonged and that was such a special thing, and Julia, you had a big part to play in that. Truly, you know, I felt like I could come in really collaborate, really create this awesome new era for the show, while also absolutely honoring the incredible hard work that everyone puts in to make it what it is. And season two it feels like, Okay, back in the groove, I've got this, let's go, and we are both just excited to see where else this dynamic can go. I mean, every single episode of last season it just felt bigger and better and we're excited to just keep heading in that upward trajectory.
Speaker 9: You know, for sure, I'm always surprised every single year. I'm like, how can we better this? And we watch your crew work so incredibly hard, and so you to work in television, you need to work that incredibly hard. But there is something about this job in the jungle, but people really are working around the clock.
Speaker 3: They are in.
Speaker 9: Love with their jobs and they're trying their best. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I know how this works. I know we don't actually have any of the celebs that's on the next season yet, but I have to ask you, are the rumors true? Are we getting a big girl? Is Reygun going to be entering the jungle?
Speaker 10: Oh well, wow wow, certainly heard the rumor as I about the possibility of the Big Five in Africa, the Big five animals.
Speaker 9: I'm interested in seeing the dance interpretation of each of those Big five.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, I agree, that would be cool.
Speaker 6: I thought you met the Big five Olympians, Julia. I thought we were going to iaan thought Kathy Freeman, Raygun, whoever.
Speaker 7: The two are.
Speaker 6: But I thought, of course, every every Azy Olympian is an icon.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, good diplomatic answer. I cannot wait. I'm a celeb nineteen Julian Morris.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: And of course Robert and we love you, buddy. Great to have you back on the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you, love you guys.
Speaker 8: Cheers, mate, thank you,